Designers » F-H » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Boss Elements Hugo Boss for men

Boss Elements Hugo Boss for men
dislike

Boss Elements Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Elements Hugo Boss for men Pictures

Boss Elements by Hugo Boss is a Aromatic Spicy fragrance for men. Boss Elements was launched in 1994. Top notes are aldehydes, artemisia, lavender, basil, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are coriander, violet, clary sage, jasmine, caraway, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are leather, sandalwood, amber, musk, oakmoss and cedar.

Aldehydes Artemisia Lavender Basil Bergamot Lemon

Coriander Violet Clary Sage Jasmine Caraway Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Leather Sandalwood Amber Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Boss Elements Fragrance Reviews

Troy Perkins
Troy Perkins

When I was 18 and at college I used to have a Saturday job at a department store, they used to reduce certain fine fragrances to half price in the New Year sales so I snapped up two 50ml bottles of the edt and another two of the matching aftershave splash.

This made Boss Elements my signature fragrance for my first couple of years at university until I then bought Versace Blue Jeans and also Tommy although with hindsight although they were decent they were not anywhere near as classy or mature as Elements.

Sadly this has long been discontinued and scalpers on eBay in the UK are charging very high prices.

I can remember it being quite woody although more of a dark oak or teak like in Joops excellent Rococo. Elements also had a twist of fruit to it but not citric, from memory it was perhaps plum which is pretty rare in fragrances for men.

Hugo Boss is a design house a bit like Calvin Klein in that they have sadly released too many fragrances over the last few years and too many flankers which has perhaps damaged their brand reputation. Elements was a beautiful fragrance though which was maybe not promoted enough in Europe. My housemate at university back then had Hugo which came in the blue bottle and was very bland, Elements had a lot more character and charisma. I have only every smelled it on another person once which surprised me at the time as I instantly knew what it was and brought back memories. It's the one fragrance apart from maybe Escada Pour Homme which I have since finished and cannot replace and I miss it!

Fogwalker
Fogwalker

Ouch! I feel like I've been stung -- by my own carelessness and impulsive decisions.

I was VERY curious to smell this fragrance as I missed it first time around and saw all the glowing reviews; so, I decided to blind-buy some.

I found a bottle on eBay which was almost ending, so I swiftly placed a bid on it and won.
It wasn't until I received the item yesterday that I realised that the bottle was actually 'After Shave' and not EDT. Aaaaargh!
Admittedly, I accept that it's my own fault but oh man, am I disappointed? :((

Yes, it does smell nice and the notes are there as mentioned in the description but like many other After Shaves I have sampled in the past, it is very poor indeed.
When I put some on this afternoon, it had very little projection. I had to put my nose to my skin to smell it and sniff hard.
As if this wasn't bad enough, the smell disappeared completely after about 10 minutes - I kid you not. Just to check I wasn't imagining it, I put some more on later. The same thing happened again; it left a weak aroma on my skin which seemed to completely disappear shortly afterwards.

I now wish that I had read the description better and not been in such a rush to win this fragrance. I'm now out-of-pocket and aching to smell the EDT version - which I would hope lasts a LOT longer than this rubbish. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Egokentria
Egokentria

An exceptional perfume by Hugo Boss. Very intense, warm and fresh with a very earthy smell. A very elegant bottle, bronze in colour. It gives to those who wear it a sense of the elements.

headofstate
headofstate

Fantastic fragrance, sadly discontinued and becoming more and more a rarity. Finely balanced between reserved florals, clean spicy aromatics and musky leather. Fits any season or occasion, very versatile and if you like Ungaro's Pour L'Homme III with its nice prominence of the rose note, this is rather similar but with enough variance to add variety to your arsenal. Longevity and sillage are moderate but the scent itself is classy, reserved, well balanced and soft scent that is very hard not to like. Good stuff.

It is interesting to note that given its long history(Elements is already 20 years old!), and it being a very well-known classic musky of the 90s', the reviews here are so sparse! I would have expected a flood of reviews here about this famous scent. I am genuinely shocked that so few people actually have anything to say about Hugo Boss Elements!

The only reason I can think of for the pathetic number of reviews here for this scent is because I think the people who once used and loved Elements are a unique demographic - people who have become really successful in life now and have other things to do. They probably don't belong to the crowd who likes to spend too much time surfing the net and posting perfume reviews, of all things.

Actually, Hugo Boss Elements was my first perfume. How it came to be is an interesting story I would like to share here. I got my first whiff of a man's perfume when I was a teenager in school, thanks to my classmate who was the first boy to wear a branded perfume to school - Fahrenheit. Can you imagine, my classmate, a teenage boy, wearing Fahrenheit, an expensive men's perfume to school? It goes without saying that he instantly became popular in class because all the other boys wanted a spray too from his bottle of Fahrenheit! He was a very rich boy whose father was a business tycoon, and would give this boy tons of pocket money to spend. That's how he could afford to buy a branded perfume at his age. Anyway, so that classmate sparked off my interest in perfumes for men, and many years later, when I became an adult, I tried to find Fahrenheit in stores, but to no avail. The search for an alternative scent that was more or less similar eventually lead me to Hugo Boss Elements, so I bought it with my savings(it was a huge investment to me then). That was also the time when I got my first job and a taste of the world of working-class adults.

Can you believe it, that bottle lasted me until yesterday, when I went to squirt the final drop out of the bottle, just for old time's sake, after coming across this review here, which brought back all those nostalgic memories for me.

What can I say, Hugo Boss Elements is without any doubt, the scent of a man's man. I loved it when I first bought it as a young lad, and I still think it is one of the finest musky scents a man can ever own. Amazing lasting power too. No wonder they say German-made products are made to last and very good quality. It's true.

I guess this perfume is actually supposed to garner many more reviews here, but unfortunately, I guess the people who used it and loved it back in its hey day, simply do not belong to the demographic of society that surfs the Internet much, what more coming to a perfume review website to write a perfume review!

Consider my review as representative of at least a hundred positive reviews about Hugo Boss Elements.

StardustHK
StardustHK

An absolute masterpiece for me. Unmatched in versatility. Any season, any occasion Elements always comes across classy and elegant with ease.
As -sadly- it is discontinued this scent keeps me searching for something to match its qualities...could be a long journey.

CGV

Coming back to this one: for me the most natural smelling fragrance. The air, earth, fire, water theme is perfectly resembled in this masterpiece. I guess Fahrenheit Aqua wanted to create something similar which is nice but this one is miles better. Warmth of the fire, dirth of the ground, freshness from wind and water are blended to perfection. The comfort it provides is unmatched and the mossy drydown is pure heaven.

igorakhsanov
igorakhsanov

Manufacturers are pleased limited edition of the fragrance. From time to time acquire ...

CGV

Totally superb! To me its a classic fresh fougeres. Very natural smelling, it reminds me of woodland in autumn. Amazing drydown, modern and very manly. This has almsot totally disappeared by now. Very sad to see this go. One of my all time favourites!

imjonatz
imjonatz

this is the reason why i became a huge fan of fragrances.

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

I house Hugo Boss perfume's in the beginning of his existence always looked as powerful, the top.These even 90-s(again, me), there were so many brands of perfume, here were them, but not to such a degree, and then, and this is I can only suggest that it is not certain whether hyper production as today.With the impression that the size of Hugo Boss, I decided to Elements.I'm not so much familiar with Hugo Boss perfumes, the 90's, but I think this has its own story, which differs entirely from all Hugo Boss perfume, it is possible that I'm wrong, because I repeat I am not familiar with their oeuvre in 9's-perfume that decade, so I may be wrong, and say again, Boss Bottled, perhaps their best , is a different type of perfume, but may have a brief moment, not to be underestimated, but neither the beginning overstatement.In the beginning, I would describe it as a mix between Ungaro pour L'Homme III and Paco Rabanne XS, with more time to have the Chypre notes, so it is a bit closer Ungaro pour L'Homme III.Citrusi are quite strong, but yet different than Chanel Allure Homme, primarily due to lavender, to soothe Citus. forest freshness has also successfully achieved, thanks to the wooden base and oak cooperation moss and cedar, bergamot complements that great and gives the entire perfume composition Tea line, which is almost mandatory in this type of perfume from the period.Sandalo is' weak and there is no trace of any heat, but then again I'm somewhat calming fragrance that not only green and wood, but again the skin, which is very present and gives a fougere obise.There is the herbs and spices, and perhaps a little flower, which in turn pulls on the Earth contours.As country, and everywhere is full of cedar forests, which is not strenuous so much so, that at times, but cut its acuity.Here is and tobacco, which appears from time to time and that is almost a natural symbiosis with the base of the perfume, and reminded me in a bit of a lesser extent, the Davidoff Cool Water, even perhaps in more.Now smell it from his hand, has the Masculine Way, which in turn is somewhat common to all these perfumes, these are some (deliberately do not want to write 90's, I got sick of that pehrase with anyone), and I the years.I find that is similar to the Best of Chevignon Chevignon, perhaps with Chevignon Brand Cologne, but this is 2, and aided by a little whiskey so the resemblance is still greater with 1.Like my perfume, it's a nice, sharp, although definitely not my type of perfume, and I found that the elegant, slightly pushy, almost brutal, but less than all of these heavyweights and others like him, these years.Now can not say that the perfume, 'epochal.Is good, strong , penetrating, masculine's, wood, clay, so the classic fragrance from a period behind us, and maybe that will convince me that the Hugo Boss fragrances were synonymous, very good, almost the top perfumes that era.There another example so ignorance can cloud your mind that man, Hugo Boss, the German high folirant's, who have occupied, any such position in the world Designer, and now we get himself without blame, instead of eau de Toillete, eau de water.maybe better wasser eau de , as the Germans were still in question!

anotae
anotae

My favorite on my collection, 18 year still brilliant and powerful.
Well done fragrance.

guest_Bloue
guest_Bloue

What a night perfect scent ...herb-woody-musky-earthy ... Canoe

costaleo
costaleo

I've had this scent for over 10 years and it's still fresh in the bottle. I wear it very sparsely, because I cannot find it in stores anymore. I've got maybe less than 5ml in the bottle now. Great scent!

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this is nice and next to impossible to find around my parts.but decent all in all

Fabricio
Fabricio

One of the first EDTs I was given as a presentg from a former girlfriend.I liked the fresh smells of it and the musky masculine touch. It has been a while that I do not try it again, maybe I will give it another shot.

Cheadle
Cheadle

This is a superb creation. To the untrained nose this might smell like cool water at first but Boss Elements is much sharper with a distinct musky dry down. Now get this; it stays fresh! Your body chemistry cannot alter this scent. This is a special quality and it means Boss elements can overpower almost any of today's Fresh scents and also hold its own among authoritative chypres. Thumbs up.

ooofireballooo
ooofireballooo

Boss Elements reminds me of Hugo Boss number one in that it has that strong musky/80's smell but this one has spicier touch to it.I'm not a big fan of the aldehydes cologne but if you can put up with the firs 30 mins or so it dry's down to a beautiful musky/woody smell.

Boss Elements by Hugo Boss 3.87 out of 5 based on 122 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Elements fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Elements, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Elements by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Elements by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.