Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Boss Number One Hugo Boss for men

Boss Number One Hugo Boss for men
dislike

honey
Boss Number One Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Number One Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Number One Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Number One Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Number One Hugo Boss for men Pictures

Boss Number One by Hugo Boss is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Boss Number One was launched in 1985. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Wargnye. Top notes are artemisia, green apple, juniper, basil, grapefruit, caraway, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are honey, lavender, orris root, jasmine, sage, lily-of-the-valley, rose and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, cinnamon, musk, oakmoss, cedar and tobacco.

Artemisia Green Apple Juniper Basil Grapefruit Caraway Bergamot Lemon

Honey Lavender Orris Root Jasmine Sage Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Geranium

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Cinnamon Musk Oakmoss Cedar Tobacco

Boss Number One Fragrance Reviews

ussyberry
ussyberry

Lovely. My dad used it years ago. Stole the aftershave maybe 20years ago, still loved it although he put some herbal stuff (particles) in it. Thinking back I think the particles were agar wood.(oud). I say so because of the way it changed the smell or should I say complimented the scent. Anyway then I thought it was voodoo. Lol.

Now it's my signature scent. I' always have a bottle somewhere. Also got a bottle for my dad.

He actually asked me to get a scent I used but he couldn't remember the name. I assumed it was the boss número uno but when I got it for him he said that's wasn't what he was looking for. Now I think it's bleu de France which I also pinched from him last century but that's impossible to find.

As per the juice itself, the silage and longevity are above normal. I get some honey in there. It's what humans are supposed to smell like.

minipoly
minipoly

hmmm, let's see here - made in 1985, oakmoss listed prominently in it's pyramid. They must be illegally selling this stuff then if it hasn't been reformulated. If you don't know the difference between this and the original, you've probably only been using a reformulation. Most, if not all, scents created before the nineties have been reformulated by law; they smell similar, but the thrill is gone :(
Look for the cologne that doesn't say 'Number One' on it.

EnoughScents
EnoughScents

The ultimate "suit" scent - business, weddings, formals, cocktails. Anytime a suit is appropriate, Boss fits right underneath. I've had several bottles over the years and No. 1 never disappoints. Not ideal for casual wear on me, but may be okay for others. Old and new bottles have been virtually identical, so don't let the "reformulation" specter scare you away from this classic.

eau de nath
eau de nath

The scent was very leather and you can really sense honey and tobacco here. It's citrusy on the top notes and the lemon notes was noticeable. The honey note and rose note was noticeable on the hearts(it's quite nice). The scent becomes really masculine and gentle. It's like a businessman's perfume. This is a classic and should be continued. It was like the heritage or father of classic manly perfumes. This is likely for the mature and a night date with your special someone. Boss Number One, a product of olfaction artisan craftsmanship(many notes).

pelinkovac
pelinkovac

First Hugo Boss was excellent elegant scent( it was sweet as Tupelo honey)
Sadly I have to say then Hugo Boss after issuing this little masterpiece has mixed a whole army of boring, average or bad or poor, uninteresting, unoriginal scents.I don't know who buys thosenew boss scents, I usually wide bypass selfs with Boss scents in parfume stores on regular basis.

orestes

Boss n1 discontinued or not?

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

A true masculine charisma. I really admire old school aromas. A solid deal for a True man .
This one is only the Best From Hugo Boss. Rest all are disappointments.

kikiwendra
kikiwendra

The first spray, ..and i almost believe there is a shaman burning incense and blew it into my face.. after a minute the smell of honey began to burst very manly..
some friends suggested for use in the evening, but I think this juice is quite fun for everyday use.

mcaldow
mcaldow

I bought this and tried it, and I found that it was too mature for me, definitely not for young people

zkxnyi278
zkxnyi278

The notes for this sounded amazing and so I went and bought a bottle of it. Sprayed it on and could smell the oakmoss, some cinnamon and some cedar for just a split second. After that it turned into pee. I read in several reviews of a pee effect from it, but ignored it and gave it a shot anyway. But the pee is there to me, and not just normal pee, but hot pee, like if someone urinated on a campfire (this is a very unfortunately unforgettable smell). Might be my skin chemistry or whatnot messing it up, I can't see how but this might work amazingly on someone, just not me and I had to return it. I imagine this scent being worn by a very intimidating and terrifyingly serious older business man with a scary/shady/doomy atmosphere about him talking to you in his office while some guys at the door stare you down the whole time. Only in the view of how it smells on me though, again could be great on someone out there, i've never smelled it on anyone but myself. The room I sprayed it on in still smells like burnt pee, it was very hard to wash off also. Ive heard 4 people today mention smelling pee. If you smell this stuff and like it you'll be happy to know the longevity and projection are absolutely insane, on me at least.

dr.hamada
dr.hamada

- Wonderful scent 20/10. For my nose it's very similar to my signature cologne ARAMIS, of course i prefer ARAMIS but i think that BOSS is more suitable for men under 30,(it's more approved than aramis from people).
- Its longevity is moderate 7/10 staying for about 3 hours only but with excellent projection 9/10 through these hours.
- It's the most fragrance that i use after ARAMIS and in my opinion it's suitable for all times (Day, night, summer, winter ...).
- I recognized it only since 1 year after reading that BOSS stooped its production, but i think that it's still in production as i found it easily here in Egypt, and i bought it only for 50 US Dollars/125 ml bottle, now i'm planning to buy my second bottle (Tester box) for only 35 US Dollars.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

The honey notes are too strong but, this is a very manly eau de toilette, good for summer after a good shower and going out with your lady.
You will feel like the ultimate man anywhere you go.

pronose
pronose

used to be very close to gentleman de givenchy! and now they whole scent has changed and it sucks!!!!!!

maio2012
maio2012

Reformulated. Low sillage, less duration, less personality than the original. Hugo Boss killed its iconic first fragrance. Renegate the past, they seem to say! The price has been reduced, but the quality has been almost eliminated. What a pitty.

koll2
koll2

This ones a real shocker i only ever wear Eau Sauvage or Git My bro gave me a bottle of this i thought id been drugged when i sprayed it on, it hit me like a Train Conclusion i dont dislike it but once used i wont buy a replacement

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

soapy smoky honey leather - (great) gentleman's frag (40+)

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Sandwiched between Lauder for Men and Xeryus, Boss was, and still is the brand's one and only serious and well-composed fresh fougere. There have been a few notable releases since, but this one stands the test of time better than the rest. The interesting thing about it is how it manages to make tobacco, honey, rose, and moss smell shimmery and bright, like a summer afternoon through a champagne glass. Usually tobacco and honey get the better of perfumers - they often get the dosage wrong - but not here. If you're looking for clear note separation and distinct movement in a fragrance, Boss isn't the one. It is highly blended and almost linear, although there are a few deft developments as the crisp top segues into a warmer heart. Another neat thing about Boss is that its first ten minutes are very much a successful adaptation of that musky-citrus thing Pierre Bourdon started with Kouros, except here the muskiness bends back for more fruitiness, eventually giving way to a smoothness some might consider "soapy." Pierre Wargnye is the nose behind it, and it's likely his second greatest composition, after Drakkar Noir. If you love classic freshies, Boss delivers.

warlockss
warlockss

i wore this back in highschool in my teens , the girls went crazy for the smell and they kept asking me what perfume i had on. every time they saw me throughout the day they would call me mr boss .

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

Projects like a BEAST! Not for teens or really anyone under the age of 40.

edge42
edge42

I accidentally tried this one on in store because they didn't have any blotter paper. I say accidentally because it was so bad I was actually embarrassed to have it on. After about 5 minutes of torture I made a bee line for the store's bathroom for an immediate scrub. Truly horrendous stuff.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام و احترام
يكي از بهترينهاي برند هوگو بووس كه رايحه اي دلنشين و بي آزار دارد
گاهي اين عطر شما را ياد ام سون هم خواهد انداخت
از پخش بو و دوام خوبي برخوردار است حتي در فصل زمستان
این عطر خوشبو و با کلاس از نت ها و روایحی همچون دامنه دشت، سیب سبز، سرو کوهی، ریحان، گریپ فروت، زیره سیاه، ترنج و لیمو، رایحه عسل، اسطوخودوس، ریشه زنبق، گل یاس، مریم گلی،
گل سوسن، گل رز و شمعدانی. رایحه چوب صندل ، عنبر، نعناع هندی، دارچین، مشک، خزه، سدر و تنباکو تشکیل شده است
کلاسیک و جذاب

با تقدیم احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

When I think of a classic refinement or black-label in a suit, I think of HUGO BOSS NUMBER ONE.

It seems to do everything right. The opening is a classic emperial-like freshness... but the dry-down is where it really impresses. After 15mins (and longer) it continues to dry into a smooth honey/oakmoss that bridges the old and new eras... One of the finest fougere dry-downs I've smelt. It gets better the longer you have it on and never stops projecting.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: excellent
LONGEVITY: excellent
SCENT: classic/modern/professional
BOTTLE: solid/elegant
VALUE FOR MONEY: good

OVERALL: 9/10
---------------------------------------------

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Boss number 1, the name is perfect for this one! Yes, the opening is strong but gets way better after 30 minutes. To me it's similar to Giorgio BH, but with citrus in the mix. Monster longevity and good sillage. Another solid old school classic for the distinguished gentleman. Try it.

kenney77
kenney77

Very good clean citrus scent love it reminds me of being in a forest or the mountains very strong in the beginning very good scent highly recommended if you love citrus scents

lgbailey86
lgbailey86

This is a rich executive smell. Enormous projection and staying power. Sweet and slightly spicy in the manliest way. Commanding. Attention getter.
If you're into honey or oakmoss scents this is ++
Smells like Russian mafia.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

I haven´t seen this one yet and therefor haven´t sampled it. But the notes and reviews sound interesting.

What about the oakmoss? Did they reformulate it due to the regulations of the use of oakmoss? Do they use synthetic oakmoss instead? or does ist still smell the same as in 1985?

Edit:
Found it recently and tested it on paper strip only.
To me it smelled quite familiar, yet quite gross. Old-fashioned (which is by far not nessecarily bad, but in this case, at least to me, it is) and synthetic.
I don´t get much of the notes listed, the only thing must be the honey accord. But it´s not a natural one, like I hoped it would be, but a horribly synthetic smelling one (or it smells that synthetic because of other ingredients), like some horribly cheap synthetic honey aroma oil for the oil burner I smelled in the 90s. Of course the whole composition doesn´t smell like that cheap oil, as there are many other notes, but the honey accord I pick out smelles a lot like this.
I don´t know if there was a new chemical released in the 80s to create a honey-like aroma, but it seems as both, the oil that I remember and this perufme, share this root.
By the smell of this perfume I supposed that aldehydes would appear in the pyramide.
I may get a somewhat woody aspect as well, but can pick neither cedar nor sandal nor any other wood I know and would think of some synthetic chemicals as well.
Even the citrus notes to me appear synthetic, so I would not be able to pick them, but could only say there´s a citrusy aspect as well.

But this is what my nose tells me, I don´t know about the ingredients that are really used in this perfume. But even if it were naturals of highest quality it still smells extremely synthetic to me.

Lovers of old-fashioned perfumes may give it a try (I like some old school stuff as well and am still hoping a few of the discontinued classics may come back) but don´t try it with high hopes, so the disappointment won´t hit you like a high-speed train if it´s not like you expected it.

gabriel.vazquez.3597

I've recently purchased and used Habit Rouge, Penguin original, several Cartier frags, M7, several Bond no.9's and Gucci Pour Homme II. I sampled Hugo Boss number one last week and then bought it, and I've been wearing it ever since. I get creamy golden honey with oakmoss, and citrus and tobacco, and let me tell you, it is as near to perfect a scent as I've been able to find. This is not a cologne for children, so if you tend to use terms like "smells like old man," when you're describing a vintage cologne, go buy Justin Beiber's latest frag or some other candy smelling woman's perfume masquerading as a Gentleman's cologne, this one is for adults.

dhiman
dhiman

Its a very good smell.i like it.

isheep
isheep

I love HB number one. I used this mid 90's when i was 14-15 (my first fragrance). I think hindsight 20/20, it was somewhat too mature scent for young fella, but i loved it. Those days i also received some negative feedback, but i think mostly it was because i tend put it too much.

Now 15 years later, i think i could order some more.

9.5/10

If your are really The Boss then this the right fragrance. when you spray it you can fill it how strong it is and how spicy it is. But this is not for under 32

Sambolini
Sambolini

Just a warning to anyone planning to blind-buy this fragrance; it does have an extremely odd and long-lasting urine-like note. This is not a scent you want to wear if you're looking for compliments as you certainly won't be getting any, it's über strong and ridiculously odd. I'm not saying it's a terrible fragrance but it's not something I would ever wear out. I would recommend Givenchy Gentleman as a substitute, it's a near-perfect men's classic.

Sonnyy
Sonnyy

Boss no 1 reminds me of my first weekend Job, at the Cecil Gee Boutique in Golders Green. . I would spray it whenever I commenced work!!
They were Happy Days! Its quite a fresh Citrusy smell that last for quite a while. It was my first After Shave purchase.

2nd Review for this one.

I did put this on for a few times - and lately I am using a "trick"... I spray on cotton (q-tip) and I just touch my skin on 1-2 spots that's it (no rubbing no nothing no big amounts of a spray, just 2-3 small drops)

Result: Yes this thing is old, but it's amazing and masculine... (when all the bad smell is gone, you are left with a heavy-complex-masculine smell)

Though: MAYBE my bottle-juice have gone bad (although I bought it as "new & original" and the sprayer was originally empty at first spray) I don't know...

This thing surly was a masterpiece at it's times, and still is, if you use it properly and you have the right original content (juice)...

But yet, this is second place... first place I thing is Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy for men BECAUSE: It's similar (same masculine, same complex) BUT it's less old-alcohol-synthetic smell, so... this makes it, less dated. I mean on Givenchy Gentleman this "bad smell" comes off quicker than on Boss No1.

That's all as far for the smell...

As for sentimental reasons...
Boss Number One is and will be Number One (like a Boss) in my heart...

(and that's why I gave it my previously bad review... I was so disappointed from my old "mentor-friend" smell -- at least this is what this smell brings to me -- because I couldn't see the resemblance any more)

EVEN my wife loved it when I did "the trick"...
(plus: no headaches)

new friend
new friend

هوجو بوص رقم 1

ما رأيك في جولة مسائية؟
المكان: شوارع وسط القاهرة
الزمان: ليلة من شتاء الثمانينات
إنه مكان يقصده الجميع لشراء أفضل وأروع الملابس والجلود والأحذية والساعات والنظارات، وأحيانا لمجرد التمشية وتمضية الوقت بشكل ممتع، فمولات التسوق الكبيرة الحديثة لم تكن قد ظهرت بعد للوجود
بعد جولة من التنقل بين فاترينات المحلات، يمكنك أن تقف لبعض الوقت أمام مكتبة مدبولي وقد افترشت كتبه ومطبوعاته رصيف ميدان طلعت حرب.
ما رأيك الآن في الدخول إلى جروبي وتناول أروع فنجان من الشاي الساخن مع الحليب الدافئ وقطعتين كبيرتي الحجم من جاتوه جروبي الفاخر في مقابل 115 قرش بالتمام والكمال، وإذا دفعت 125 قرشا للجارسون وتركت له الباقي فستحظى منه بعبارات الامتنان والشكر.
كان هذا هو مكاني المفضل للجلوس حيث العراقة واسترجاع التاريخ
وحيث يمكنك أن تخمن أن تجلس على نفس الكرسي الذي جلس فوقه الكثير من الشخصيات العامة والمشهورة من كافة المجالات
هذا الشعور بالمكان والزمان هو بالضبط ما يعبر عنه عطر بوص نمبر 1 (كلاسيكية – فخامة – لفحات باردة لكنها منعشة تتسلل إليك عبر معطفك الشتوي الثقيل فتبث بداخلك نشاطا ويقظه)
لن تحصل على العطر بسهولة فلقد توقف انتاجه منذ زمن
لكنك ربما تجده أمامك هكذا على أحد أرفف محلات العطور منسيا حيث لا يهتم به أحد لعدم معرفته هذه الأيام
لو سنحت لك هذه الفرصة فاغتنمها ولا تهدرها لأن هذا العطر ببساطة هو (بوص رقم 1)
ثبات العطر وفوحانه جيد جدا نظرا لكونه ماء تزين

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

Ok, i found the Aftershave version in my dads closet, not the EDT or EDP. A friend gave him a bottle a couple years ago but he has never worn it. So, today, i was curious :p

Just to be clear, i am an 18 year old girl but i just don't care about things like gender and age when it comes to fragrance. I want to smell it ALL. Now onto the review...

I was actually very surprised with Number 1... It doesn't smell like piss, and its not THAT outdated. Very manly and kind of modern, a refined fragrance thats elegant yet can be worn (in my opinion) on various occasions.

Its mainly woody, sweet, and citrusy but it in a refreshing, clean way. If i could describe it in a word... Forest. It reminds me of the smell of dark trees after rain but in a very good way! The oak moss and honey are predominant and mix so well together in this fragrance.

Id love to smell it on a boyfriend ;) Sillage is great and so is the longevity, and this is only the Aftershave. Im now curious about the perfume but lets just say i will be experimenting with Number 1 again... Just don't over do it! I applied a drop so i think subtlety really brings out the great parts of this scent.

Lock1454
Lock1454

*I do not have a nose that is well trained - this is my rudimentary opinion of this scent*

Let me begin with saying I have a very well aged bottle which I inherited from my father. This bottle may have gone rotten over the years but this is the only sample of this cologne that I have to try.

I unfortunately can't stand this cologne, I can't help but to cringe when I try to wear this. The previous mention of it smelling of urine is a bit of an exaggeration but it certainly has a very unpleasant odor :( The only reason I keep this in my collection is for sentimental reasons.

Again, I want to reiterate that I have a very old bottle and may well have gone bad over the years or due to poor care.

gd15329

WARNING!!! SHOCKING REVIEW FOLLOWS...

This... smells like urine with alcohol... sorry guys...

But lets take it from the beginning...

I love Boss! I know it's not a top notch but still I love boss... so when I found this one (online) THE LAST 50ml bottle there is out there... I immediately (blind) bought it! I was aware that is going to be something similar to ARAMIS (note: I don't like aramis at all, but you know what you get, no one fools you), so I thought this would be my precious OLD SCHOOL gem, that is rare and unique and well made...
(note: I pay double the normal price to get it)

And then... I sprayed... and I WAS SHOCKED TO DEATH!
Nothing pleasant, nothing "old school but well done" no honey, no citrus... no "gentleman in a suit" NOTHING - NOTHING ! JUST A URINE WITH ALCOHOL... worse even than a pest reject.

Even my father's granpa smells better using this "before civil war" cologne (when he was alive of course)

I almost cry for the money I gave and I am very confused with most of the reviews here (I was so much misled I have to admit)

That's all. And... sorry if I just ruined the dream guys. I really am, more than you.

jamdavmiller
jamdavmiller

You have to be at least in your 50's to wear this, or of that mind set. This is for older men, like David Hasselhoff. They should give you a free bottle when you buy a Trans-Am.

orestes

is anybody knows if this fragrance discontinued or still produced?

hadrian
hadrian

IMHO is that simple: it was the first of Boss - and is still the best from that house.
For those who enjoy Aramis & Bijan etc. - I mean for the men, not for the boys. A clear and strong statement: "proud to be a mature fellow", it says. A wonderful bitter-honey (!), with a twist of citrus and a hint of tobacco.
A reminder of the 80s - a time when was understood that men must smell manly.
Two shots - neck/left side and chest - will easily fill a half of a day in the (european & north american & canadian) winter. Add an extra one in the summer, if humide.
Overall, a deserved 9+/10

iMax69
iMax69

Boss #1 is nothing short of
pure class. Maybe a 80's frag but has its place for the well heeled gent at a formal function. In a league of its own like Aramis 900 only to be worn by men.

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

This somehow reminds me of Chanel no5. It has same kind of golden, yet a little bit plastic glow, only in much more masculine way.

My brother told me that this is his favourite perfume, but he couldn't find it anymore. I gave my bottle for him on his wedding day and it worked very well on him that special day.

fraggrenade
fraggrenade

my one and only fragrance!

mrfume
mrfume

OLD skool Fougere, i reckon 40+ age limit maybe 35. i used it for a couple of days and then gifted it to my uncle,that being said i feel this gets better from the mid onward's
the opening of this was not to my liking, it was not bad but it screamed spray me on someone older dud :D surely it reminds me of the business men from the 90's when i was a kid,not a bad scent,in-fact i prefer to smell this on others,but surely not for me try before you buy.P&L is good.

4*/10*

Hanh
Hanh

Nice classy subtle and very masculine suitable for mature audience 35+ although can be wear anytime of the year mostly good for colder climate longevity and projection are humongous..

overall 8.5/10.

Porgio
Porgio

Not for the sissies, absolute man power in a bottle. Very masculine, rich dark drydown, lovely scent if you're not afraid to be noticed just walking down the street. This one has great projection and longevity on me.

Theperfumeman
Theperfumeman

My signature. 28th Aug 2013 No longer my signature. But still like it as much as ever.

Old timer yes, but kind of timeless. Simply one of the best masculine fragrances I have used.

Enormous staying power and great projection. Don't make the mistake I did when I first used it - I did 6 sprays. I guess I could smell it on myself after 48 hours!!

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

Hugo Boss is an older dept. store fragrance that many don't like simply for those reasons. I had a bottle in the 80's and the longevity was better. The newer formula is inferior. The top notes have "burned off" I was not aware years ago NOT to leave it in a warm humid bathroom full of light... so there is no citrus left. It still smells fine, just jumps right into the middle notes/bass notes. The main thing I smell is Lavender. There are other notes mixing in. I still have it in my wardrobe and enjoy it.

35volkan77
35volkan77

Number 1! Just as its name!
The best fragrance that Hugo Boss ever made!
You should be over 30 years to wear it. Very masculin, unique and sophisticated.
Attention! Don't puff more than twice, it may get so heavy after a while. I used for many years and if i can find, i'll buy one more bottle immediately. I love it, many of you'll love it too ;)

Sam37
Sam37

great perfume.

camposg
camposg

This is a classic. Its old school masculine but at the same time perfumy. Its a mature scent but i wouldnt call it "serious" i get honey with a bit of jasmine and tobacco playing/hiding in the background. I believe an old lady could pull this off. But i also believe a younger guy can too? Idk if this will make sense to you. Over all it's a great fragrance. FYI Hugo Boss was a nazi. Look it up on wikipedia

kamel.dakheel
kamel.dakheel

من احلى العطور التي استخدمتها مع اني ابيع حوالي 250 نوع من العطر

sanicojo
sanicojo

Tengo 43 años y esta fragancia tiene un aroma unico y masculino. Perfecto para mi gusto.

dromidreza
dromidreza

یادش بخیر چه تازه می شدم وقتی اونو میزدم.بوی کاملا آلمانی داشت.آدم به یاد مهندس های بی ام دابلیو می افتاد

bluemusic23
bluemusic23

Love this, especially after an hour on the skin.

The opening is definitely the most challenging aspect of B#1. I understand the comment about pineapple piss--it is immediately fruity and dirty-- but to me it is more reminiscent of winey, dark grape juice together with the prominent animalic aspects of honey/leather coming to the fore. Thankfully, the fruit fades, and the juice gets dirtier, with a heady rose appearing in the mix. Together with honey/leather, the dark florals and savory aromatics give me a distinct *skanky* vibe, almost like Kurkdjian's Absoule pour le Soir.

Though it opens like Azzaro, Bijan, Quorum, etc., the drydown leads it towards chypre; rose + oakmoss bring it close to Knowing, but it's still acceptable as a masculine. Was glad to see that Naheed liked wearing this. IMO, it makes a great feminine -- slight sweetness + aromatics + prominent animalic gives it a resemblance to a vintage Guerlain feminine, especially after an hour or so.

waine
waine

I was seriously interested in this "Classic" as it received some excellent reviews here. The 125 ml bottle is value for money. The initial skin test was impressive. However, although it seems to have longevity, someone dear to me told me it smells like "Grandpa's Cologne." Sadly, very sadly this put me off, as I was seriously contemplating buying this.

If ever I give it another chance, I will watch carefully for its potential long lasting power. If it does not fail in this area I may give it a run for its money.

pippab
pippab

Boss #1 is the first mens' fragrance that made me do a double take. My husband wears it, and now it's become my younger son's favourite too. It's clean,attractive, masculine and the projection is above average. This is one of the very best!

drmath123
drmath123

I have the vintage formulation as well. I bought this in 1988. It is The best Hugo Boss cologne.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I have the vintage formulation, which means it has more oakmoss among other things in it, than the newer version. This is a nice clean honey and rose fragrance that is not as overpowering as most fragrances that center on those notes are. I reserve this for special occasions, and don't consider it an "everyday" scent. Not as animalic as most honey centered fragrances are, and amazingly well balanced. In fact, this is one of the easiest inoffensive honey frags out there. If you don't like honey or rose, stay away, otherwise you really can't go wrong with this.

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

This is another power fragrance from the 80s for the Wall Street types in suits! Smells very powerful and masculine. Definitely suited more for cold weather. Although it is an outdated old school smell...it is still great for older men over 40.

lettyb76
lettyb76

I wish my husband wore cologne. I would buy this for him. It smells sophisticated to me...like a powerful man in a suit.

JLB
JLB

I was introduced to this via an airline courtesy pouch many years ago. Never forgot it. Finally got one today online at a nice discount. Brings back memories of the good old days! Its strong in the beginning, then settles down nicely and stays a long time.

Iulix_73
Iulix_73

Similar to Aramis, which means it is a classic, recommended for mature (over 35). Rating 8.5 / 10.

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

i liked this stuff, if you like honey note you would like this.
Hoped it lasted longer

deppard
deppard

The best of the Hugo Boss lot was and still will be Boss Spirits. It is in a league of its own- Classy and unique. The 2nd choice is Boss one. Why?

Well, though it may share a few similr notes with Spirits-- Boss one is different-

Spray it on and the first thing you'll notice is -the sharp refreshing blast of mild spices, green apple, aqua and caramel.

Don't fret. The caramel is quickly subdued by sage, a hint of citrus,rose, gerenium. The top and mid notes are quite sharp and distinct- Yet very pleasant-It takes time to dry down to a subtle leather, tobacco,rose, oakwood base- which is fab

Its hard to pick up individual notes after a while cuz they all blend so perfectly and give a very sharp refreshing( Mood enhancing) different aroma! The other interesting part is that several notes are the polar opposites of each other -- and that makes quite a wonderful concoction .

THis is not a run of the mill fragrance- its different. and if you are feeling low- trust me- splash it on and see the magic work.

PRE-REVIEW DISCLOSURE:

I "like" Boss Number One...but I LOVE Boss (original) by Hugo Boss!

Both are nice heavy rose manscents with "balls".

The newer formulation tones the "HEY BABY, What's YOUR sign?" feel down, just a bit...but sometimes I want to be a stinky sexy smelling manbeast! THAT is when I will reach for the decant I was graciously gifted by *Grottola*...

But, for those nights when I just want to smell good and perfumed (but not a walking perfume cloud) BOSS No. 1 will do! For $19.99 for 50-75 ml bottle (at your local discount store) you can't go wrong...

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

This is absolutely the best fragrance from Hugo Boss. The superlatives are so many.. -Elegant, spicy, bold and mature. It`s been around for some years now, but this classic "still rocks". A very nice elixir!

opius
opius

...this is since 1992 mi most plesing perfume :o)

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Disappointing; very ordinary and similar to hundreds of old school scents, so many better options are available like Aramis 900, Hermes Bel Ami, Jaguar, Cacharel pour homme and so on and so forth. Apart from not so particular fragrance, it has also got weak longevity though silage is good. Kinda outdated to me definitely not of my taste.
I give it 6 out of 10.

naheed
naheed

Although I am female but I just loved wearing Boss Number One in my teens.I was 16-17 then. Aromatic,spicy,woodsy and fugere fragrances have always been my favourite. This must have been a great hit back in the 80's for sure as the composition and its complexity is quite modern and is even 10 years younger than the year of its birth. I used to wear it back in the mid of 90's and always thought as if it was a newly launched scent.

The citruses are just too amazing in the sparkle and mellow down as they start to travel down the heart and the drydown. The drydown is also very rich. My father loved wearing it then and so did I.

safetyjon
safetyjon

I find Boss Number One to be very unique...Nothing I own smells quite like this, and I haven't found anything since. It is anamalic, masculine, dry and dirty. I really do enjoy it. Some have mentioned the sweet note of honey...Not on my skin. It starts out very potent, but calms down to a reasonable level within a half an hour. Sillage is very good, but not excessive. Longevity is 8-10 hours.

I find it to be more masculine than Quorum Puig or Bijan PH, but not necessarily more powerful. Azzaro PH, Giorgio PH and Halston Z-14 are just as powerful, but sweeter.

I have other fragrances with the patchouli, sandalwood and oakmoss combination in the basenotes, but this powerhouse is so much more anamalic...so much dirtier. It has become one of my top five fragrances...Very unique and very special.

Number One is very citrusy sharp with strong basil and juniper which make the scent appear more like an old school aftershave. Then it gets less exciting til it becomes boring and ordinary. It's for older crowd and perhaps with some experience with wearing fragrance.

It's fruity, and the honey note is strong. I think the "dirty" jasmine is also fairly clear, and a powdery iris and cinnamon are also detectable. Otherwise, I don't think I can clearly smell the other notes listed, other than a hint of tobacco during the drydown. Instead, they are probably blended beyond my recognition. There may be a difference between vintage and newer formulations, though I haven't read anyone claim that there is a huge difference. This is a nice blend of a whole lot of notes, and it smells reasonably natural. However, if you are used to aquatic and fresh fragrances, you might find this unbearable. Longevity and projection/"sillage" are at least very good. This is somewhat similar to Tenere, though I like this better because the blending is more pleasant (Tenere is too "spiky" with certain notes). If you want something similar that is stronger and cruder, you can try the Lapidus masculine fragrance from 1987.

yudisuseno
yudisuseno

this is AMAZING
nomatter how fresh the list of the notes is, it never smells simple, it is very spicy, it is sharp, it is so standout,

one of the best classic fragrance i know, i just smelled it, and heck it stays inside my head,

no matter how young you are, you are going to smell mature using this and i simply never believe in 'overpowering' scents unless you think you are weak,

this is distinctive, definitely on my buying list, omgomg

guest_Pete
guest_Pete

Simply the BEST! Always fresh and still going and selling strong. Great conservative fragrance for men.

nikola76
nikola76

I love it!!
Butt sadley my wife dosent.

Stefan
Stefan

I'd say if you like this, try Valentino Vendettea.It'll surely give you a deifferen perspective on contemporary "classic"

raphael_al
raphael_al

Excellent perfume, it smells really unique and very striking, perfect for use at night. the only thing that could be better is its fixation, yet a special scent.

ALEXEIFEDOROV
ALEXEIFEDOROV

Some exgirlfriend gave me this scent at st Valentine's day, and I was looking at her amazed¡¡ I was seventeen and this fragance it's simply too strong for anybody under 40. I'm not a fan from boss fragances. The advertising is fantastic, but the scents....

SaintLue
SaintLue

Yeah I Just Bought this stuff.And while it smells great its not for me Yet.I Believe im too young for it.I Might end Up Giving it to my father.Its very spicey.Tha Tobacco Really stands Out too me.

(****)Even Tho I cant where it Yet/Still 4Stars for the Fragrance itself

nesca1502
nesca1502

This is one of my favourite fragrances for men, I love the spicy notes, it is a very sexy fragrance.

I think this is a fragrance that also women love or hate on a man, but for me this is definitely the fragrance I would like my date to wear on a romantic dinner. It is masculine and attractive.

Also, I don't agree that this fragrance is only for older men, I have smelled this on a young man, and believe me, for me it is definitely a powerful magnet ;)

Great fragrance!

dancam86
dancam86

Hey I´m 22 years old and I love this stuff!
I agree it's a love it or hate it kind of scent. Perfect for the winter and cold climas. A true classic from Hugo Boss

Diablo
Diablo

When I smell this fragrance, it remind my father, he used in 10 years and still using it. He love this stuff :)

I am agree with Fredward that this is not to anybody under 35. It´s very strong spicy and long lasting as well.
only one or two spray, and you will smell perfect but too much it will become too strong and heavy smell.

Boss Number One by Hugo Boss 3.69 out of 5 based on 292 ratings and 84 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Number One fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Number One, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Number One by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Number One by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.