Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Boss Orange Sunset Hugo Boss for women

Boss Orange Sunset Hugo Boss for women
dislike

Boss Orange Sunset Hugo Boss for women Pictures

Improved version of Hugo Boss Orange inspired by summer sunset and cocktail of beautiful fruity notes arrives on the market in August 2010. Its name reminds us of romantic summer evenings with red sunsets.

Boss Orange Sunset is created of luminous, cheerful and fresh accords of bergamot and mandarin, decorated with blooming bouquet of white flowers and feminine tacts of rose, on a creamy base combined of vanilla and sandalwood. New Boss Sunset invites for flirting and seduces with floral-fruity zest and offers new joy.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 75ml edt, as well as in travel package - travel spray 2x 7,4ml edt. Advertising face of the campaign is still Sienna Miller. Her photo was taken at sunset, surrounded with purple-orange nuances of last rays of the setting sun which cuddle and warm our skin gently.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange

White Flowers Rose

Sandalwood Vanille

Felicity

Boss Orange Sunset Fragrance Reviews

Decodawn
Decodawn

£24.99 from The Perfume Shop!! Fantastic value. Crisp, clean, summer fragrance. Invigorating, youthful, fun and carefree. Downside is that the fragrance does not last very long and regular spritz needed throughout the day. Very similiar to Boss Jour and Ghost Original Fragrance. Ideal for the 30 something age range or the young at heart. Not a teen fragrance or old lady fragrance. The bottle is Very contemporary in design. Gorgeous.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

Gives you exactly what it promises: a vanillary, sweet citrus with a sprinkle of spiciness. Like those yummy creams they put in orange cakes. Not the cheap kind that you buy in the convenience store, but the interesting bake shop kind of delight. Not too outstanding, but it's a cheerful scent and wearing it makes me feel cheerful myself. It's moderately sweet, probably better to be worn in the autumn though or on cooler summer days.

julieekerr
julieekerr

This is ok for a pretty spicy powdery vanilla orange scent. did not have great longevity on me. 2 hours. just as well as it did remind me of sweeties or vanilla tango. wear it occasionally for a change

daniellepolet
daniellepolet

This one is just beautiful. It smells fresh, clean, summery and fruity. Definitely one that I am going to purchase!

duftduft
duftduft

Very good smell to my nose: A Gourmand Scent, warm with Mandarin, Vanilla. Milky, powdery, happy. Something i wanna eat immediately! BUT: The good stuff is gone after 1 hour.

I can't believe my eyes when I see the description, quote 'Improved version of Hugo Boss Orange'. Firstly, this scent is totally different from Boss Orange. Secondly, it is mostly sharp & bitter bergamot, which I definitely don't like.
Very tiring fragrance, I almost could not endure it after 3 hours.
I love Boss Orange, but I can't stand Boss Orange Sunset.
Why do they have similar names? No idea.

Bihter
Bihter

This was a gift from my father. For me this is not a tipically summer scent. The orange and warm spices reminds me of Christmas somehow. Love this.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

I was expecting another heavy citrus-dominated summer scent... but I find this is quite light and refreshing. The citrus isn't overpowering at all, the main notes lingering on my skin are actually the white flowers, vanilla and sandal. I would say this could be worn from spring to autumn/fall, the floral and fruity notes make it great for warm months, but there's a warmth to it that could take you into cooler weather also.

succubus
succubus

Got this as a gift from my aunt. The opening smelt fine. The orange was hard to detect amid the strong sandalwood. There was a hint of citrusy freshness present, but not enough to mask the artificial-smelling sandalwood. The heart of the fragrance is a headache-inducing combination of synthetic sandalwood and cloying white florals. The drydown smelt fine, but the nauseous heart lasted for six/seven hours, I wanted to take my shirt off and wear a new one to remove the stench. This is not a floral fruity fragrance, nor is it a clean citrusy one. To be fair, I wore Orange Sunset three times, on three different weather conditions, but it didn't work with my body chemistry. The ombré flacon looks exquisite though.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

'Sunset' is an apt descriptor of this warm, pleasing fragrance. The notes are well blended, in sync, and consistent throughout--no real top or bottom notes standing out. The experience lasted four hours on my skin.

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

I love this!
Lovely orange and soft spices. Herbs.
Feeling calm and relaxed.
The one thing i need is a rum cola, sitting under the parasol and my shades on.
I recommend.

Ps. OMG! It gets even better as it is on you. I'm speechless.
Lasts 6-7 hours on me. Very good!

fragrance<3lover
fragrance<3lover

I have received so many compliments when I wear this cant even keep count anymore. the bottle , name and contents fits each other perfectly. addictive!! yummy !! just gorgeous. a bit too expensive for everyday use though... wich is sadddd.

phyrexianc
phyrexianc

Fresh sweet orange, a scent that brightens up my day, on top of creamy warm cosy sandalwood. Makes me feel like going to the beach, drinking cocktails in the late afternoon, and joy with friends. Summer scent!

babysha
babysha

sorry to say hugo boss orange sunset,its smell terrible!
i hate it! first sniff it smell very citrus,oranges!
then i dont like musky smell! too strong for me.i thought it will be fresh,light and sweet but its smell terrible..dont buy this if you like sweet perfume.this perfume very musky..

imihelsone
imihelsone

One of the most tasteful and like-able daytime yummy perfumes! This one is such a CHAMELEON perfume that it could work for every occasion - work, school, lunch with the girls, meeting the parents, going on a holiday... you name it. Also, this perfume doesn't set any age limits, so it would be a perfect gift for a girl 18-48 that is very upbeat and loves oranges :) A very happy, bright perfume that always puts me in a good mood!

wunderland
wunderland

i do like this better that the original Boss Orange, but not much. thankfully it fades quickly. citrus lightly overtakes the cheap, chemical-smelling sandalwood. the ombré bottle is pretty and really does mimic a sunset

ankeamin

My latest summer fragrance. Lovely smell.
I find it very energetic also.

Shinbin
Shinbin

i bought this fragrance as a giftset for £22 in the perfume shop by accident i thought i was getting the hugo boss orange one. but surprise surprise, i like this scent too but i still prefer the original :D. so i will use it up and probably wont get it again.

a creamier version of the original but i find it weaker on my skin.

Wolfcreek
Wolfcreek

Fruity,floral fresh scent,dominant notes of mandarine orange and vanille.

1nov
1nov

great perfume .. I love to wear this for work

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Orange Sunset opens with juicy mandarins and fresh bergamot.
The heart notes are a blend of white flowers and rose.
Creamy sandalwood and gourmandy-sweet vanilla form the scent's base.

On initial spray I get a blast of sunny mandarins, sweet vanilla and creamy sandalwood.
It takes about a minute or two for the bergamot's freshness to kick in and for Orange Sunset to give a sunny, sweet, yet zesty, scent impression.
The rose is very faint but this is perfect as the gorgeous white flower accords become more and more intense.
They mingle wonderfully with the creamy, almost milky sandalwood - all on a fragrant sunbed of prominent mandarins and vanilla.
The drydown is mainly about sandalwood and occasional whiffs of vanilla and white flower aromas.
At this stage the orange notes and the vanilla sweetness are completely gone.

I would have preferred a longer lasting formulation with at least medium sillage but Orange Sunset lasts around 4 hours on me only while it stays close to my skin.
I do like the scent as it is really nice, pleasant, warm, sunny and cuddly but I will not repurchase Orange Sunset.

ju02
ju02

It has a milky orange scent like "orange julep".

mimi88
mimi88

I'm still testing it but i think i like it. it's kind a strange smell to me, not summery or fruity at all i think that i would wear this in autumn as already have a bottle, witch design i like more than perfume. but what i hate about it and about almost all hugo boss perfumes - the staying power is so weak, they last so short that you have to spray 1/3 bottle to be wearing a perfume. i think its a shame because some cheap perfumes have much more better staying power than BOSS

Patricia888
Patricia888

It`s somewhat similar in nature to Avon True glow (which I love) and Oriflame Felicity (which is too bitter for me). Unfortunately I find it too bitter and unbalanced for me too. I feel a lot of mandarins with bitter bergamot. I don`t like it on me at all.

mimi_luvz
mimi_luvz

Yummy sweet delight, all the way from the base to the top. Classy and unique in its own, non disturbing way.
Just perfect for summer nights, but I love it in spring and fall too, it's so cheerful and optimistic. I highly recommend it.

ankeamin

I prefer boss orange sunset than the original. I LOVE IT!

sofababe
sofababe

I was so looking forward to trying this, as I do love the original Boss Orange.
Sunset smells absolutely gorgeous!!!!......but it is gone so soon. After less than 2 hours its completely gone on my skin. Such a pity.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This is a lot lighter and more citrusy compared to the original Boss Orange. It's very soft and would be perfect for day-time wear in summer.

isi
isi

Es un perfume de carácter alegre, luminoso y femenino. Pero sigo prefiriendo al original, el cual adoro.

It is a perfume of cheerful, bright and feminine. But I still prefer the original, which I adore.

I find this a bit stronger than the original "Orange". But anyway it's still weak and hardly discernible too. Finally there are oranges in this one :) But it's not like they come out big, I think. Too unspectacular for buying.

PS: Since I received a sample, I re-tested it again. Still it doesn't last long and reminds me of a laundry conditioner.

sofiii
sofiii

Sunset is getting nicer and nicer as time goes by. The start is quite a typical floral fruity perfume you can smell these days, but the sparkling cirtrusy zest is just nice and refreshing in a summer sorbet way. Somehow it has a Britney + Escada vibe in it which I don’t really care much about, but can still wear as a gap-filler.

However, it gets bland and quite warm in a dirty headache-inducing, and nostril-blocking 40-degrees- summer-afternoon way. Personally I’m not a fan of white flowers, and what I can smell here is Thierry Mugler Alien type of white flowers mingled with something creamier. It somehow smells sharper with the warm bits, and it felt as if my nose is bombarded with the scent in a physically slightly painful and explosive way.

However, the dry down is to die for, it has the clean inky slightly creamy ink-y ‘musk’ smell you can smell form some high-ends perfumes, and it’s quite similar to Lavin’s Jeanne Lavin dry down.

Sunset has amazing staying power on me, it lasts more than 10 hours. :)Could be a nice summer scent when you know you might sweat a bit and afraid your perfume might be long gone before the sunset.

----
After persistently trying Sunset for a consecutive two days, it actually starts grow on me, when my nose is more immune to the sweet white flowers, somehow I find Sunset is actually not bad at all, I agree with some reviewers here mentioned that Sunset smells like fruit tea, it does, just more potent than the typical fruit tea I’m used to.

If you wanted to love Alien but cannot, and sweet white flowers give you a headache, maybe Sunset can be a perfume that can gradually change your no-white-flower policy.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

creamier, warmer, deeper, woodier and intenser for the sillage than the original Boss Orange but staying power rather poor unfortunately. :/ anyway i love both very mutch and they mix very well together for layering.

StephD
StephD

I just tried this on today,
from the bottle it reminded me of an orange tea! I tried it on my skin, and it's very sweet and light, I can hardly smell it on myself. It's too bad summer has passed here in Canada, and this scent is a abit too light for our cold weather. I'll have to see how long it lasts on my skin... but I love it!

I have a tester of Boss Orange Sunset to one side of me, and a glass of tropical fruit juice on the other. The similarities are pretty surprising.

Boss Orange Sunset is one of those typical fruity scents that attempt to emulate the scent of shampoo and sugary fruit juice. I didn't mind the original Boss Orange, which despite its sweetened and synthetic orange note, had a delightful creaminess. This Boss Orange Sunset however is too strong and juicy for my liking.

The lasting power and sillage are pretty amazing. For those that adore the smell of this, the quality is a plus, however for those like me that find this fragrance a bit of a headache-inducer, it can definitely get on your nerves.

Like I mentioned before, the orange is pretty dominant in this fragrance, so is the sugary note. There are some subtle floral accords, however they don't seem to be present until the drydown.

I'm a little underwhelmed by this fragrance, not that Hugo Boss is known for making anything outstanding but I like most of them. I will be interested to see how well this sells this Summer.

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

It is very nice. Yes, it smells exactly the same all the way from top to base, very orange and sunny... but I like that!

It's a pretty fragrance for summer and the coming indian summer, called "old-lady-summer" in Austria ;-)

Happy to have it in my collection - by the way, I added FIVE new perfumes today... I should not come across a perfumery again or this month I won't eat, haha!

sky76sky
sky76sky

In the words of my 100 year old grandma: "You smell like a warm satsuma." She of the Jicky & Samsara nodded approval at Sensuous Noir but could not understand why someone would want to smell purely & simply of a warmed citrus fruit..."hug a tangerine, my dear".

...& that's it - it is so simple. No complexity here, just pleasant, light, slightly sour yet sweet fruitiness on a warm vanilla base. It is both cosy & fresh & very pleasant. Hardly distinctive, remaining close to the body & lasting an average length of time - but totally inoffensive & wearable none-the-less.

Not my cup of tea, but I see sweet young-at-heart blondes who want a soft & pretty secret-scent enjoying this one.

guest_Kianlr8
guest_Kianlr8

Tried this perfume today and i found it very clean,fresh,sweet,and overall BEAUTIFUL!!!

Boss Orange Sunset by Hugo Boss 3.85 out of 5 based on 282 ratings and 37 user reviews

Boss Orange Sunset Perfume by Hugo Boss, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Hugo Boss Boss Orange Sunset Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Hugo Boss Boss Orange Sunset Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Hugo Boss Boss Orange Sunset Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Hugo Boss Boss Orange Sunset Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Orange Sunset fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Orange Sunset, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Orange Sunset by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Orange Sunset by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.