Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Boss Orange for Men Hugo Boss for men

Boss Orange for Men Hugo Boss for men
dislike

I have it: 340 I had it: 109 I want it: 187 My signature: 10

Boss Orange for Men Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Orange for Men Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Orange for Men Hugo Boss for men Pictures

Boss Orange for Men is a powerful scent that embodies free, optimistic and joyful spirit of a man. That man is passionate, casual, spontaneous and relaxed. The composition is intensely spicy with notes of fresh apple, vanilla, warm incense and exotic African Bubinga wood.

The brand chose the actor Orlando Bloom for their campaign, as his appearance, his style, personality and cool attitude perfectly embody the image of the Boss Orange brand. The campaign is shot by the photographer Steven Klein.

Boss Orange for Men is available from 1st February 2011 as 60 and 100 ml EDT with an accompanying collection including 60 and 100 ml after shave lotion, 75 ml after shave balm, 150 ml deodorant spray and 75 ml deodorant stick.

Coriander Red Apple

Incense Sichuan Pepper

Vanilla Woodsy Notes

Only The Brave Tattoo

Boss Orange for Men Fragrance Reviews

summerdreamer
summerdreamer

I love its pepper and incense scents of this fragrance. Masculine enough to begin a new day.

sil.sirbu
sil.sirbu

nothing special to me here, just a regular fragrance for boys.

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Nothing special...Better go with Boss in Motion or Boss Bottle#6~

bazil14
bazil14

i had this back in 11 when it 1st came out and before i seriously got into fragrances and just recently got another bottle of this boss oranges isnt going break barriers but one thing boss always give is a quality product with a decent ml to £ ratio orange is a safe frag thats warm fruity with vanilla its not loud but noticable and nose pleasing lasts all day with mid projection more suited to cooler weather and cosy nights in/chilled nights out and dates overall a good frag 7/10

cdresz
cdresz

Boss Orange refers to a line of apparel and accessories not a scent...

This is a casual, sweet, comfortable, vanilla scent. I think this is a three season fragrance - Fall, Winter and Spring. The photo above doesn't show you the chrome horseshoe that goes under the bottle and up both sides. This bottle is beautiful and stands out among other bottles in the collection. The sprayer itself is so-so. I use two sprays of this, compared to three sprays on average for most things I wear. This is a winner.

beginner987645
beginner987645

Nice fragrance. Sweet, vanilla.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I wouldn't mind smelling this on a man. Though fruity and spicy, it's still light and masculine. Makes me want to give the feminine version another go.

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

This one is not that masculine and sporty like other Boss perfumes. It's more elegant, but still casual enough. I can detect spices, vanilla and apple. Lovely and warm. What I like about warm perfumes like these is that they of stand out from other perfumes these days, which are usually very similar. This one is definitely a hit, and I would really love to smell Boss Orange on a man.:)

theodusko
theodusko

I got a bottle in Hong Kong while looking for Encre Noir (no luck). Smelled it in the shop and it was good... not at all like Encre, but something that I could spritz on while wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the summer. A light, long lasting scent with great projection. Pretty common smelling, but definitely a pleasant fresh cologne, and girls do like it. It's a decent scent if what you're looking for is something deeply casual, but if you want something distinctive, there are better choices.

Lucida
Lucida

To me, this fragrance is to be worn in winter. Incense, spices and vanilla are smells that I crave in cold weather. I dont understand how one could wear in summer. Anyway, this is a beautiful fragrance, comforting and warm; the kind of perfumet hat you want to smell on the knitted scarf of a handsome man.

drakecito
drakecito

I like this fragance from Boss (I'm not a fan from this house...)
Smells good with a good longevity (7-8 hours) and moderate projection.
Well blanded the vanilla with red apple.
It has a good price too.
To me is the best from Hugo Boss.

Scent: 6.5/10
sillage: 6/10

Hawre Hamad
Hawre Hamad

Very lovely one i love it remind me of DG the one foe man its really refreshing .

drakesito
drakesito

If you look at the note breakdown, you might think it would a masterpiece (not something you would expect from Hugo Boss). In reality it's just another plain, boring, cheap and uninspiring fragrance like most of Hugo Bosses.
Vanilla, red apple, woodsy notes, incense - WOW! Spray and... - No...
Got it as a present, so I can't complain. Never would have bought it for myself. Used it as an air freshener.

Scent - 5/10
Projection - 7/10
Longevity - 7/10

Overall - 6/10

vikramg
vikramg

A unisex perfume. great for outdoors. Refreshing ang lovable smell...

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Powerful incense, spicy and sharp. 'Smells of Pine" Undertone of Apples. Long opening the life of it lasts a good 10 to 15. Mellows down last few minutes.

Drydown: Very different from its opening, becomes smooth with Vanilla thats strong mixed a light woody base. Still carries a incense note but its in the background now and not as sharp. After a hour it still carries heavy and smells almost creamy, reminds me of a spiced rum or apple pie. Can consider it gourmandish!

Projection: Very high! Radiates in the cold weather or heat, six feet at least.

Longevity: 8 to 10 hours easy on the sprays or it will be heavy and cloying

Overall: This fragrance is one of the most diverse note changes in a fragrance besides Bonds No 9 Coney Island. Ill admit I wasnt a fan of the opening being its harsh, and not a fan of incense, BUT the mid and dry down are perfect for the fall. If I close my eyes and and sniff the dry down I imagine a cold fall day with baked goods and spiced Rum. Beautiful fall fragrance that needs more attention.

Purchase? YES! give this a chance in your Fall winter lineup, if you like Burburry London this is for you.

jotalopez
jotalopez

I don't know why this fragrance was dubbed Orange. It smells like anything but orange. Instead it has a lot of sweet and spicy notes that reminds me of D&G La Force. Though I'm not fond of Hugo Boss fragrances, this one far exceeds any other Boss'creations.

Molko
Molko

Really pleasant, but nothing orange:) Fresh&sweet at the same time, modern, young, energetic but romantic also, exact like the subscription about apple with a hint of vanilla and incense, I think that even better than boss in motion. For me it's very unisex and I want to use it. Similar to original Boss Bottled, but more creamy

MsDana
MsDana

I love it, it smells sooo nice on guys if they can carry vanilla scents well, on some guys it may be too sweet depending on their body chemistry, but I love the woodsy scent combined with the sweet apple and incense. It can be unisex as well, I like it much better than the women's version.

emiana
emiana

I think it's a beautiful fragrance also for women!

LookOut
LookOut

This perfume opens up with a lovely fruit smell, although I don't smell it as apple (or any other specific piece of fruit for that matter). In the background I can discern some incense.

During the drydown, the vanilla becomes more and more apparent, until the scent becomes "vanilla incense in a wooden room" with a fruity touch. Gorgeous!

Gambiance
Gambiance

This is one of my first "real" perfumes. The vanilla and apple notes are very detectable and quite nice in my opinion. The smell as a whole is very cozy and the simple combination of notes work well. As for projection and longevity and I think that the Orange is moderate, it is neither incredible or awful in that sense.

The sweetness of the fragrance manages to in some way remain a muscular feeling. One of the biggest positives is that it smells organic, as I mentioned earlier it is quite simple in its nature and this is something that I enjoy, it does not try so hard. It is cozy, humble and honest.

Although I would say that the sweetness contains a masculinity, it is a bit too sweet for my personal preference. If you really enjoy sweet fragrances, this might be for you. I would imagine that it would go along very well during the spring and summer. This is a short stroll around town, lunch and afternoon smell. I might purchase this as a cool summers fragrance in the future, if I find it for the right price.

4/5*

zillapz
zillapz

Love the smell.. but it just doesn't last. 1-2 hrs max. Think it's worth having though if you find it on sale. Just for those 1 - 2 hour trips.

khanilyas21
khanilyas21

This sucks!!!! longevity is about 3 or hardly 4 hours on my skin

rjames5
rjames5

Hugo Boss Orange is a very unique fragrance in the Hugo Boss line. It is a vanilla woody fragrance where the apple adds a soft fruitiness to it. It reminds me of essentially sandalwood based fragrance with musky notes to it.

0-1 Hour: Strongest interval of the fragrance, really just a musky burst of sandal wood.

1-6 Hours: The fragrance intensity dies down but the here is where the silage of this fragrance comes into play. More of the musky, woodsy, vanilla scent.

6+ Hours: Vanilla and apple notes now emerge while still maintaining the musky base.

This is truly a changing non-linear fragrance. I have received complements especially at interviews for this fragrance. Use it for spring and summer as a all around scent even for formal occasions but I think where this fragrance mostly shines is during the fall season where the temperatures are around 50-60 degrees ( I live in St. Louis MO).

There are too many fresh, sporty, aquatic, citrusy scents out there. This is a unique fragrance where people will be attracted to, trust me.

8.5/10

Na0
Na0

Never say "I'll never buy a Boss Perfume, that's an house for playboys" ...

I hate Boss since many years by now. Until that one ! Boss Orange ? Really ? That's more Boss Apple !

That taste when you eat a caramelized apple with a touch of vanilla, in the kitchen of a country house, full of wood ? ... Boss takes that taste, transforms it into a smell, and put in that bottle.

Oh and, of course, one thing I've never criticized to Boss, its longevity and sillage are pretty good.

WillRyanification
WillRyanification

I could chew a piece of hubba bubba and smell less like a little girl. This synthetic, cheap smelling fragrance smells like bubble gum and doesn't melt into anything spicier or woodier as it promises. Well done Hugo Boss for overpricing like this there's no tomorrow

shikato7777
shikato7777

My first ever perfume. From my point of view (or sniff), it has a pretty smooth smell. Gave me more confidence since at the morning 'till night comes. I thought its longetivity will end faster if I take it on outside/field activity, the thought has proven wrong. Smell like a Boss!

tarekh020
tarekh020

It's a very pleasant scent and instantly changing my mood to feel joy and happy
Thanks Boss for this ,the only drawback is it's silage which is need to be improved ,but all in all i will buy it again when near to be finished

stefhemz
stefhemz

This is my boyfriends usual scent, it's so yummy... to me it's a warm vanilla/cinnamon smell which lasts all day and all night. It's comforting but not strong or in your face but easy to smell if a metre away. Lovely dry down. Smells amazing on clothes.

jimmyschecter
jimmyschecter

i've sniff the tester just for a hour.
Absolutely Mysterious Orange Appear from this fragrance that make me curious. Lately i've read the formulae didn't include an orange, how it can be the taste of an orange?
Comfortable granny but fit for the Man.
It's good stuff for easy going men.

bb023
bb023

Bought this fragrance yesterday from a local store. I think its a very nice scent. I like the vanilla and the sweet notes. It was on sale so it's definitely worth the price for me. ( I am a 18 year old male)

Unfinished
Unfinished

I got a sample of this and I must say that totally loathe it because it is horribly synthetic orange fizzy pop and vanilla mixed up. I would only use it as a toilet air freshener due to the fact that P&G has its major competitive advantage in producing household chemistry not perfumes.

gd15329
gd15329

IT'S JUST AN OK FRAGRANCE... (SORRY)

It's a safe and all day kind of perfume. My wife like it, I don't. I think it has nothing special, plus I do not get ANY orange in this one... I want to get it so badly and after the purchase I was so disappointed... (although I like hugo boss in general very much) I've been expecting so much more from this one...

Longevity / Sillage: 5/10
My Total Score: 5/10

myudig
myudig

It's a safe and all day kind of perfume.
The beginning is more apple than orange to my nose with a bit of wood on the dry down.. reminds me of hugo boss in motion.
Longevity and projection is good.
Good choice to use on the weekend.

hugosb
hugosb

how can i don't love this fragance after i get a compliment from the girl i like haha it's a very nice fragance, the longevity is very good, smell so nice and fresh, definitely recommended

vitop
vitop

When I wanna feel great but all the while comfortable and cozy this is my go to frag. Sweet slight orangey opening transforms into a lovely "je ne sais quoi". Very, very attractive to the opposite sex, no matter what age. Projection and longevity are just right on my skin. A sure compliment getter!

kuba
kuba

it reminds me of Chic for Men by Herrera.if you want to smell masculine in a sophisticated way then buy this.you will surely be complimented

micpower
micpower

It smells soooo good. I love Boss Orange . But the sillage and longevity is not that good. I hope Hugo Boss will present an intense version of this. It is the second degree from boss after Boss in Motion which I adore.

neri
neri

Moderno, luminoso, jovem, casual. ótimo pra ir ao trabalho, e resistiu muito bem ao calor aqui da minha cidade. O curioso é que no inverno ele se saiu melhor ainda, bem versátil. Não concordo que ele cheira "igual a hugo boss", esse aqui é especial.

user
user

similaire a kenzo jungle et dior higher energy

jmm55
jmm55

this is one of the most underrated colognes.it has one of the best dry downs i have ever smelt.longevity is moderate,as well as projection but anyone inside your bubble can definately smell you.the vanilla and fruity notes combined with the lingering woods in the back ground will definately get you compliments.girls love this stuff on my skin.

ian85
ian85

I think this one is very similar to DG la force. Soapy, artificial, boring, but nice bottle.
6 / 10

syameeboo
syameeboo

pretty nice fresh frag. suit well on my job or even outside (hot).

Aks
Aks

Lasted a whole 24 hrs on me..nice 1..

ebrahiem
ebrahiem

I'm currently using this as a weekend special and I love it more and more each time I smell it. Longevity is awesome as it lasts very long on my skin and I can even trace hints of it on my clothing after a wash. Sillage is also good as my wife always seems to catch whiffs of it from time to time and will compliment the fragrance.

alfreal
alfreal

Sweet fragrance that is somewhat similar to Clinique Happy. You can get best results on hot summer days.

Rankn504
Rankn504

Maybe someobe will agree with me but the opening smells like versace blue jeans..

charlytankian
charlytankian

IT IS JUST GREAT.. IM GONNA WEAR IT 2NIGHT

rohmhild
rohmhild

It doesn't remind Boss in motion at all.

Fragrancelover2012
Fragrancelover2012

Why is this called orange when that isn't listed as one of the notes?! This has sweet smell with a hint of spiciness! This is one fragrance I really wanna purchase!

endre.pernup
endre.pernup

It is good, but it is disappointing that it doesn't include an orange.

Wolfcreek
Wolfcreek

Good perfume,longevity is great,just a little bit sweet to me.

stanky
stanky

This is an awesome fragrance!!Great scent plus it stays in your clothes for days if you don't wash em!! Ypu will still smell traces of it even after washing them. Even though it stays close to the skin, it lasts very long. 8-10 hours. Projection is quite good.

Scent : 8.5/10
Sillage : 7/10
Longevity : 10/10

I love it!

mohamed tarek
mohamed tarek

wonderfull one from hugo boss!!

maddutchy
maddutchy

To some this might be a flanker to boss bottled or boss#6 (which is the same) But this is really a bit sweeter, less syntehetic and where boss bottled doesnt change much. This does. I really like the way it changes from this sweet fragrance into something sweet with a twist to something manly. Beautifully done!

I LOVE IT!!! Bravo HUGO BOSS

markkkkkkkk4444
markkkkkkkk4444

ok, this perfume is for joyful playful happy guys that is in love!! its very light tho, longtivity is poor

Linden
Linden

Playful and casual really describes this scent nicely. Quite sweet with a vivid fresh-spicy edge that balances the quirky yet pleasant, almost Juicy Fruit gum vibe. I am a bit surprised there is no actual orange fruit here go figure... Its warm character does hint at Boss Bottled, but only slightly; a good alternative, especially for weekends.
Not recommended for periods of physical exertion as tends to go slightly sour with perspiration.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A sweety, almost candy, basic orange scent which goes close to skin quickly, but stays there for 10 hours...

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0- 1.5 hours. 1 foot projection, subtle but sometimes intermittent to that size. Wow, delicious smell, just like orange sweeties or orange fizzy pop.

1.5 hours - 2.5 hours - 7 inch projection. Linear scent, may not appeal at all to the lovers of niche or complex frags

2.5 hours - 7 hours. Close to the skin, perhaps 1 inch projection tops and I have to smell the skin I applied it to to get a whiff, but it is still like orange sweeties and light hearted good fun

7 hours - 10 hours. Close to the skin. Drydown turns into an almost white floral which is very, very sexy feminine..

I wish they had extended out the projection to at least 6 inches for at least 5 hours - I just want to smell it for myself, its nice and cute, light hearted fun, perhaps not something I would wear long term, but would chill me out nonetheless!

FLMonteiro
FLMonteiro

Smells like Hugo Boss.
All Hugo Boss scents that i tested, they all have same base smell.
This isnt diferent.

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

is this a new fragrance or just boss bottled repackaged in a different bottle and juice color changed to orange from yellow..had i not known what i am wearing, i would have been sure i am wearing boss bottled

Oli_Roche
Oli_Roche

This is a 'grower' scent. The first time you smell it you'll see it as just another scent, however after the third of fourth time you will start to love it.

It lasts a good amount of time, I could still smell it on myself after about six hours.

I would say it is a good one to have in your collection. There maybe better ones out there but this is one you can always rely on.

Results:

Scent: 7.5/10
Sillage: 7/10

yunvme
yunvme

On my husband is dreamy, creamy and masculine. Yum in a bottle...he wants it, he wears this and draws me like a moth to a flame..sex bottled.

hh0720
hh0720

start with strong orange and end with the soft creamy scent. That's it. Not bad.

hako ysl
hako ysl

I loooooooooooove it its kind of sexy but too bad it does not last rely long on me ,,, but still i love the smell

NishantChavda
NishantChavda

recently got this as a present and it last's AGES, it's a warm scent but there's barely any hint of orange, the bottle is good but can be uncomfortable to hold. reminds me of D&G 11, LA Force as it's a strong vanilla scent.

happychub
happychub

this is a light,clean,and a little sexy fragrance for men. even is light but i still can smell the scent after the whole day work. Just bought this as my collection, great bottle design,great smell.

crazyrabbits
crazyrabbits

Hugo Boss, as a brand, has always walked a delicate line between polar opposites: it has the mystique of an high-end designer label, yet its products are affordable enough that it has mainstream appeal as well. That brand identity extends to its perfumes - every new scent looks like it will showcase something new and unexpected, but most of the time it's just a variation on a theme.

Take Boss Orange, for example. I admit, I probably should have known better, but I just couldn't resist buying the giftset with the body wash and deodorant. The bottle is definitely cool, offering an interesting "ab-like" glass case.

The fragrance itself? To me, I mostly get apple and just a hint of orange. Boss Orange is akin to cooking apple slices topped with orange zest in an oven and smelling the results. It's certainly a nice combination, but it doesn't really do much to set itself apart from similar fragrances on the market. I also don't get much of the "incense" vibe out of this. As others have mentioned, it smells like a low-rent D&G's The One. Strangely enough, the sales clerk who cashed me out gave me a sample of One - one sniff of that, and I started wondering whether I'd made the right call on this or not.

Longevity is decent, but nothing to write home about. On my skin, the fragrance dials down to virtually nothing, and stays that way for several hours. It also seems as though projection is on the spotty side - I've had people stand up close to me and never comment on it, and others mentioning it when I hardly apply any.

At the end of the day, Boss Orange for Men is a safe, dependable fragrance that won't rock the boat. It's good enough as a summer scent (especially if you like hints of apple or incense), but if you've tried one "orange" fragrance, you've tried them all. Personally, I'd stick with D&G's The One or Boss Bottled.

periquito89
periquito89

Slightly woody, slightly sweet, in the same way D&G The One for Men is. But to my nose it's more like a light version of Boss Bottled itself. If you have two of those, chances are good you don't feel so thrilled about ":¬).

sushi.jelly
sushi.jelly

it's a warm, spicy perfume that you can actually almost wear all around the year.

The opening is very bright apple with warm/exotic spices.
Then it get a lil bit smoky. as the apple kind fades away and the vanilla, fruity note grows.
Finally, the dry down is beautiful with vanilla and wood.

Projection is really really good.
Lasting power is fantastic.

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

The first time I smelled it I felt in love with its fragrance. I dont know why, and believe me I have read the notes but I feel some tangerine note that makes me love it even more. I also feel the sensual vanilla and the woods, but not the orange described here.
This perfume is for someone younger than 50, I can use it day or night and in any season.
To be honest is the first Boss creation I have enjoyed. A must I might say!

spiderman999
spiderman999

Nice fragrance,...It can use all time of in year...Longevity is very good...

Scent:8
Longevity:8,5
Projection:8

luisbesa85
luisbesa85

for me this smells perfect! the freshness, the spiciness and sweetness. at first sniff it is versace eau fraiche to me then the drydown is a light hugo boss bottled.

freedweed
freedweed

I like this. The very first moments and the very end is the best. Boss Orange for men is sweet and stinky like apples, spices, incense, vanilla, and fermenting wood. It all starts off really fresh but fades and becomes sort of bland. Do I really want to go with this apple scent? Then It finishes nicely. That wasn't noticable from the tiny free sample towelette Hugo Boss sent me. But it's not bad. It's worth trying if you can get a good healthy test spritz from a fragrance counter.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

This wonderful fragrance has a non mentioned note: sandalwood. At the base notes, the sandalwood is noticeable, but not generic. I like this one. Good fragrance!

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

This is an exceptional fragrance, in my opinion. I first noticed it on a coworker and was wowed by the rich, warm, spicy fragrance. Very masculine. No question about it. It projects and lasts all day. Powerful stuff and a delight to the nose. Warm, spicy, woodsy. In short, everything you could want in a gentlemen's fragrance. I bought some right away and I'm just loving it.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

"Not bad" kinda describes it the best, its one of those perfumes that everybody will love, doesnt offend anyone, its just an everybodies fragrance WITHOUT charachter... one of those safe choices in fragrances one can always use, be it at work, when chillin or clubbin... I havent tested it to the core to give any hints on the longevity and projection but its a good generic fragrance... I believe too only the edp of this would be more worth the money.

Anaa
Anaa

Even if I'm a 16 years old girl I want it so badly!I don't know why maybe because of the bottle or the advertisement.It's just my opinion or the bottle represents a six pack?!?However it's so cute and beautiful...but I'm a little bit dissapointed that is no orange in it..

ruiner0
ruiner0

I dunno why some ppl don't like this fragrance, I tried this one on my hand, It lasted almost 12 hours and more...Starts a bit intense then when it dries down it's warm n classy....It smell like wood more than orange when it dries down.

Would I buy it?! Unlikely. I rather go with Fuel For Life Denim Collection for men instead.

gehrig
gehrig

It´s the perfect fragrance for man

I love it.

LittleRed
LittleRed

I think this is easily a unisex fragrance. The combination of apple, incense and wood has created a lovely warm and natural scent that is appropriate for men or women. There is no alcohol or chemical smell to this. I'm pleasantly surprised, and will consider buying a bottle. I think the name Orange comes from the sensual, sunny, and easygoing nature of the colour.

boss orange is great

urobian
urobian

Weak is not the appropiate word to this fragance because in sillage & longevity was a nice surprise. Everyone knows the concept in hugo boss fragances; generic, mainstream, popular, for blind noses, etcetc, sometimes is hard to take distance of those adjetives because Boss house deserve it, but there are some things for "Orange" that are in other basket . Every fragance house has jewels and disasters, Hugo Boss tried to suit a fragance with a nice, comfortable, mainstream notes to be easy to enjoy, i know we find it generic but i like in reason that has some relation to one of my favorite "bottled", not like a autocopycat hugo formulated a nice fruity-fresh-semi oriental smell, the apple notes at first minutes are lovely, the medium phase in some spicy/semi aromatic line is soft and mild, an insence tune is there just to add a confidence and sexy feeling.. is not bad, just a simply versatile, easy, relaxed and maybe a little sexy smell surely for some noses.

spoombung
spoombung

It's debatable whether there is any 'scent' in this bottle at all - just an incredibly weak, barely detectable impression of mild citrus for about 10 minutes... then nothing.

bronstein
bronstein

To all of you who think of oranges: "Orange" is Boss' sub-brand, not the fruit they bottled ;-)

Me, I find this one pleasing, as its sweet smell suits spring days that are cooler than expected. However, as any other of Boss' fragrances, it's far too generic to be worn by fragrance lovers.

grgfourtinas
grgfourtinas

i dont have too much to say about this one . i dont smell any orange at all. it starts out a lil fresh for the first 10 min. then all i get is spice and woods. it smells like the AXE instinct, if any one ever smelld it (which i also hate)! and i dont recomend this for the summer its too spicey. probly good for the fall season.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I reviewed this when it first came out and completely slated it. However, I gave it another go and i ready to eat my words. I sprayed it again and did not bothere smelling my arm again for a while. I kept getting a nice musky smell from somewhere ( i had sprayed a load of different scents). Lo and behold it was my previous nemisis Boss Orange. It is not remotely original or classy but if you havent already got Boss in motion then you could do worse than this. With that heavy creamy musk the longevity is great.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Although there are no notes of orange, or orange flower, there is definitely an orange scent!

My first impression after sampling this new perfume was "Summer by Boss". A summer featuring a true Hugo Boss scent.

There are traces of leather, the wood definitely radiates along with the spices and incense.

Well done Hugo Boss!

bwcw81
bwcw81

Tried it, is a very casual and relaxing scent as it blend oranges in it. Too bad, the notes appear to be very linear and I can only detect from light to heavy orange scent. It might not be groundbreaking or creative, but very safe scent for day time. Longevity is normal, 3 hours on me. Overall this is just another scent that make you recall a lot popular scent our there. 5/10 from me.

p.s. if you don't like orange or smell heavily on citrusy orange, skip this one.

piperis

why the make 2 boss orange?this one its the first and the secont its orange mottions.The last orange release on germani its limited edission

piperis

the brand of boss make a new summer perfume for 2011 ,the name is n orange mottios MAKE FOR SUMMER the nose its Ilias Ermenidis the creator of mottions black.

ryguy17
ryguy17

ok this is exactly what it smells like.. if you mix boss number six (boss bottled), with boss white edition... this is exactly what it smells like.

In mood
In mood

It's strange that Boss Orange for men has no orange notes in the list. This is a very good fragrance, it's fresh, spicy and woodsy.

Dimitris
Dimitris

Well, ok don't expect miracles from Boss. Similar to other Boss perfumes, it has the ubiquitous vanilla / woods notes. The lasting power is not bad. Not an innovation in perfumery but there have been worse ones than this. It could make for a safe, everyday use fragrance. 2/5 i would think

dozza
dozza

I have tried this afew times now and have been trying to work out where I have smelled the basic composition before. Then it can to me in a wild crzy perfumista swirly dream. For those of you who remember boss in motion green edition, this is its older brother. The one that got better grades and married the girl his mother liked. The smell is very similar but this is more matured, less aquatic, more nuttier and warmer, but still with an edge. The initial scent is tres fantastic but changes quickly, to a safe, likeable warm fragrance which lasts long enough.I have to admit I prefer the more rebellious younger brother, boss green ball was magnificant and naughty. When I saw boss was doing a cologne titled orange, I was half expecting another ball that dribbles the scent rather than spray it so happy with the result. Overall this is a good fragrance from the Boss House, one of their better recent attempts!Enjoy before everyone buys it.

Valentino
Valentino

Ah, Boss Orange Man. Is this a new fake tanning lotion for guys??

Well, my favourite orange SA accosted me with this last weekend, claiming it was 'Gorgeous'. I said, 'It's OK... what do you think about this?' giving her my Dior Homme Intense soaked wrist. She wrinkled up her pretty little nose and said it was 'an acquired taste'.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. Most new frags are destined to be gifts or impulse buys and have to be an easy win with everyone to rack up the big sales. Superficially speaking, Boss Orange Man IS gorgeous, but like Dior Homme it will need to be 'Intensified' or 'Extremed' to be a truly great frag.

The opening smells like orange flavouring in a chewable vitamin pill. It's a bit artificial but is still very pleasant. The standout spice to my nose is clove. The middle notes are dire, I got more or less 'nothing'. Yep, the frag actually disappeared! The base, however, is very nice indeed. It smells, as others have mentioned, like a muted D&G The One. The dry and woody basenotes come over as being very sophisticated, and also do this cool thing where they weave in and out of sight (smell?).

An Orange Man Intense in EdP form would be a far more interesting proposition. Until then I will stick to my 'acquired tastes'!

querelle
querelle

I thought that this is one would be at least interesting featuring incense but it's very, very mediocre, the incense is totally muted by the boring fruits.Overall, it's something sweet-woody "nothing". I do not expect novelties from the Boss brand, they have a certain style in their perfumes and I don't think they willing to change it, it's money after all, but a try would be highly appreciated, thrill us just a bit. No wonder that the modern perfumery keeps on recycling the same style on and on... I'm just waiting for the moment when a new Cool Water or a new Angel will change things. Till then, I'll keep on enjoying the real stuff.

pure auburn
pure auburn

my sister just bought home a sample its delicious - it is not overpowering or too spicey but the more a delicate softly blended mix of orange and vanille and spicey apple... a little like a christmas orange punch drink... ya grandma would make!

Cylob
Cylob

Messy fruity opening, which then blends into an overly sweet woody fragrance. Way too easy for my nose, but prolly loved by the younger generation.

I'll stick with the other Hugo's...
Or Allure, which does the same trick, but in a much more gentle way.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

It is really nice, spicy and woody, casual but sophisticated scent.
It opened with a kind of banana-ry musk scent, which I thought was absolutely gorgeous.
Only problem for me is that scent dies off after about 5 minutes, to make way for the spicy drydown, which smells, to me, just like D&G the one, or Gucci Envy, or even like Beckham Intimitely to an extent.
Its a very nice scent, but if you already own anything smoky and spicy, you might be doubling up.
Longevity is pretty good though
One of their better works of late, those aquatic fresh scents were beginning to bug me.

jclaxton78
jclaxton78

Sounds good but I'll pass since I already have colognes with vanilla and citrus: The New Perry Ellis for Men and Guess Marciano. And I love them both.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Would like to try this one. Curiously, there is no orange or bergamot in the notes pyramid. Lovely bottle design

Dirk
Dirk

Tested it today, but i think they tried to create something like bottled.
I think thats a bad way, and it cant compete with bottled.
So for me it is a Fail!
I hoped for something new, but jonnyboy allready mentioned that it might smell similair to bottled,
he is wright.
But too bad, long not as good as bottled.
I stick with bottled and rather buy a new bottled.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

Based on its name, I'm hoping this would be an improved version of Clinique Happy for men.

Who can't fall in love with a bottle like that?! Good job bottle designer, whoever you are!

antonpan
antonpan

A 100% Boss scent, so well done. I was surprised that every note from the list is here. Boss Orange is some soft spicies and woods on a base of sweet (vanilla) apple. Such fragrances usually come out in the Boss In Motion line (Boss in Motion Black for example), but this one is spicier and less synthetic. Yeah, similar to D&G The one, but more fruity and "young". I love it!

jonnyboy81
jonnyboy81

Looking at the notes, it may smell similar to Boss Bottled. I hope Hugo Boss is not just recycling old classic bestsellers they have. I still want to try it anyway. I am alway a sucker for colognes with vanilla. Love the bottle. Reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana's The One.

Boss Orange for Men by Hugo Boss 3.87 out of 5 based on 506 ratings and 106 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Orange for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Orange for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Orange for Men by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Orange for Men by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.