Designers » F-H » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Boss Pure Hugo Boss for men
dislike

Boss Pure Hugo Boss for men Videos
Boss Pure Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Pure Hugo Boss for men Pictures

In April 2008 Hugo Boss launches new fragrance for men with very strong refreshing notes. It is a modern fragrance composed of luminous sunny citruses blended with woodsy notes.

This scent is made to represent purity and freshness of water.

The fragrance is named simply Pure. The bottle is simple, of straight square lines, transparent and filled with bluish colored fragrance. The fragrance is inspired with the power of water and the cool blue color is in line with its name and composition.

Boss Pure include notes of fig water, Mediterranean citrus, a heart of lily and hyacinth, and a base notes of Massoia wood.

Will Andrews (P & G perfumes) in cooperation with IFF created this scent, and the "Pure by Boss" collection includes eau de toilette in two sizes 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) and 75ml (2.5 fl.oz.), shower gel 150ml (5 fl.oz.), after shave 75ml (2.5 fl.oz.), and a 60ml (2.4 fl.oz.) deo stick.

Fig Lemon Mandarin Orange Grapefruit

Hyacinth Lily

Massoia

Boss Pure Fragrance Reviews

Lithostone
Lithostone

First perfume in my life when I was 16 years old met a girl named Amber.This meant a lot to me, not only for its scent. Actually, the meaning of the Hyacinth and Massocia in the floral fresh note had lingered on in the room, the time and the space we stayed forever.

Those who said the scent is not good, please just wait for a hour or two, the perfect Massocia then comes and you are crushed. It is like in the middle of city and forest, both are as pure as first love.

But it's nothing about water...it's about perfect attitude to the world. Fortunately, I got it, though she is not here, never, ever. It is said the first perfume constructs one's personality, nose, value.

Fair enough.

Full of prejudice, haha

Nick M
Nick M

Yes it's light and watery, but to call it boring or generic is incorrect. Just look at the notes above -- quite unusual for a men's cologne. It's not as distinct as HB Hugo for example, but it certainly stands on its own if you already have other citrus/aquatics in your collection.

Longevity seems fine when you consider how mild it's designed to be, although sillage of any kind is non-existent. All in all I enjoy it because I can never lock on to the exact scent.

stergios
stergios

LIKE OTHER HUGO'S... NOT GOOD. KEEP YOUR MONEY!!!

mmmimmm
mmmimmm

I had used it for more than half a year when I realized it was a male fragrance. It's not the typical feminine fragrance, don't get me wrong, but neither are CK One or even Davidoff's Cool Water. I loved it and would wear it again on a hot summer day.

Dirk
Dirk

Very nice spring, and summer scent by Boss.
I think it's best for day use, nice for office.
I think 25+ scent.
Also a nice outside wear, for the good weather.
It is really fresh and clean.
But when you spray it on, it does give me a sour beginning which i do not like and stays too long for my desires.
But when it dries down i get a very nice clean fresh scent a bit soapy, but also more in the drydown a bit creamy and light woody scent.
But you keep that fresh soapy vibe.
If you like that , this is for you.
And on me it stays like 6-8 hours detectable.
and i think sillage is pretty good.
It's not really Original.

Niven
Niven

In the same family as bvlgari aqua marine and mexx pure - take your pick. I owned boss pure as I originally liked it. Then I started to find the hyacinth note a bit headache inducing. So I gave it to my bro. I tried aqua marine recently and found it quite similar to boss pure, but less stronger and with a bit spicier feel with the rosemary.

Overall this family is good for clean white shirt feel in summer. Can come off as slightly feminine for a man.

This is a slightly different fragrance family as gendarme/mugler cologne/original vetiver/neroli portofino family although their are similarities. All these fragrances give a cleanish wet feel. And these are relatively unisex. Some of the prominent notes you find in these are citrus notes (neroli, mandarin, lemon) and sea notes.

I would rank the fragrances as follows:
1) gendarme PH
2) neroli portofino (but expensive)
3) bvlgari aqua marine
4) original vetiver (most masculine)
5) mugler cologne
6) boss pure
7) mexx pure

These are all good pre-workout fragrances, but you might get beat up by some sweaty uber-macho road monkey if you wear too much at the gym.

liiva
liiva

Fresh, pure.. Only for summer. For me all these fresh fragrances is too boring..

its good smell,but longtivity about 1hrs is very bad

stanky
stanky

I love fruity scents and this is very nice and smells almost like Calvin Klein Truth!

Linden
Linden

I enjoy floral notes and keep an eye out for interesting accords that work well in masculine compositions, and this is very pleasant. Essentially a literal aquatic with noticeable hyacinth, sweetened a bit further with subtle fig. The drydown is slightly like that of EL Pleasures(M). If only it lasted longer...

Once it settles down, this is a sweet watery fragrance with a strong presence of hyacinth, no doubt. I find Hugo Boss Pure to be a very floral and quite femme. Nothing is woody here at all, and it could have been labeled as unisex fragrance.

It also manage to stay relatively expensive despite the lack of popularity. A no for me. Too much of the green watery floral fig. Hyacinth is just not my favorite floral note anyway. Versace pour Homme has a better use of such note.

Widmung
Widmung

If water has a fragrance...it is Hugo Boss Pure

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

A lovely zingy citrus start with sweet juicy fig in the mix. A light floral running through in the dry down but not too feminine. Nice dry woods and light soapy finish. This is ideal for warmer weather and leaves you with a shower fresh feel. Increadibly clean fragrance which could be a unisex scent. I get a pretty decent 4 hours from this before another application is required. Have received compliments on how fresh I smell when I use this.
7.5/10

Costiellio25

I got this today I love it it smells.... dare I say pure. Love it

nando80
nando80

I got this Cologne as a gift from my sister in law and I happen to like it very much. It has a citrus, woody, fresh type of scent that is very intriguing. Not the best from Hugo or even better than Energise but very good.

bagusperfume
bagusperfume

love the fresh, and woody aromas ...
use it well!

Kostas54
Kostas54

Reminds me so much of Royall Mandarin by Royall Lyme Bermuda!!! It is only vaguely different with an insinuation of wet grass.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Lean, uncomplicated, fresh and above all clean and ideal for summer days. I usually avoid anything vaguely 'blue' and/or 'aqua' due to my inbuilt prejudices where such things are concerned in the fragrance world. However, something about this citrus/floral/woods mix just felt right. This is very much the exception in my fragrance canon. But everyone needs the equivalent of a fresh,plain white shirt from time to time - this is mine!

GuarDs_OF_AqiDaH
GuarDs_OF_AqiDaH

It's cute .. but .. nothing specail
in few words
it's a fresh summer perfume
so
just imagen the limon

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

Finally i got it!!! I've been wanting this for years.... This is actually what i want!!! It's PURE!!!!!!

spoombung
spoombung

File under 'anonymous, aquatic scent' with all the others.

sawyer82
sawyer82

A synthetic version of Aqva Marine. It's nice and boring at the same time. Can be considered as an unisex fragrance. Not very long lasting. There are cheaper fragrances that smells similar and more long lasting.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Starts as a synthetic, citrusy, washing liquid smell, stays that way for too long.
Reminds me of many many handsoaps.

BRH
BRH

This is one of my signature fragrances, and definitely one that I reach for every single week. I wear it year round and for all situations. If you are looking for a fresh, clean scent, this is IT. To me, this scent embodies the essence of "clean". It is very reminiscent of a soap or detergent type fragrance. I don't really get much in the way of the citrus notes with Boss Pure, but what I get is a super fresh linen/cotton type scent that almost smells like pure air or oxygen (if there is such a smell). It is definitely ozonic and synthetic in nature though, so if that bothers you, then you will not like this scent. But if you love those super clean, detergenty type scents, then this is the epitome of that. (in fact the ozonic "air" notes are almost enough to burn a bit in your nose and throat if you inhale too much, too deeply). I know that will turn some off, but I LOVE it and it just feels so refreshing and "clean" to me. If you enjoy these types of scents, like I do, I highly recommend Boss Pure. It's probably my most used, and most versatile fragrance.

Also, I find the logevity and projection to be pretty good for an aquatic/fresh scent. (prob. a 7 out of 10 on longevity and on par with something like Acqu Di Gio, just not nearly as fruity).

As far as similar fragrances, this reminds me of my bottle of Davidoff Echo in a way. Same kind of super fresh, clean, linen scent; except without the pepper note that Davidoff Echo has in the background. (and it has better longevity).

Boss Pure is definitely near the top of my essential scents though. In fact, if I were limited to only one fragrance for life, it would probably be a toss up between this and ADG for me.

adamnor
adamnor

another massterpiece from hugo boss.

Detrucci
Detrucci

I get so many compliments with this one, one girl even decided to follow me around a local store just because of it!! I love it, its fresh, its not dark or damp in anyway. its like a light breeze of fresh water. This is an excellent choice if your looking at Aquatic/Ocean type

Parthenope
Parthenope

I wear this one, I love the water scent, but the lemon and orange scents are a bit too sharp for me, too "citrus-y". But I agree, the smell doesn't last long, it really sucks. I wonder why...?

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

A nice summerscent. It starts with nice fruity citrusnotes that dries down to abit softer flowery nots after a while. I completly agree with those that findes it abit chemical and synthetic wich is a minus but I dont agree that the scent i shortlasting. I,m sad to hear that so many of you get such a short lastingtime of the smell. On me its there from the morning when I leave for work until I get home in the evening. Ofcorse its not as potent as when I apply it but it is stil a nice smelling "shadow" of it left. Maybe I,m blessed with a good bodychemistry for Boss Pure.

denmaz
denmaz

it reminds me of Bvlgari Aqua Marine and Swiss Army Altitude. fresh ozonic smell. i wish it can last longer. well, i will stick to Altitude which has better longevity on me.

Kenzoboy
Kenzoboy

This is my favorite scent from the HUGO house. It is very simple, fresh and comforting. It's unusually mild compare to other HUGO scents which makes it good for daily use. I love the after the shower scent of this cologne, clean and inspiring. This is totally different from Aqua Di Gio and Calvin Klein Truth as others mentioned. Try it and feel the difference.

bronstein
bronstein

This one is a blatant imitation of Calvin Klein's "Truth". The design of the bottle and even the colour of the eau are remarkably similar - and, above all, the smell itself.

How cheap, how uninspiring - and how "untrue", so to speak...

guest_kaushik
guest_kaushik

iam a critic when it come to this one. Initially the citrus smell is strong but it fades away gradually. Doesn't last long. May be its not ideal for my skin type.

aizen86
aizen86

My father bought this for me. I'm not a big fan of Hugo Boss perfume anyway. He want me to try something that smell fresh that have the ozonic style. After a first spray, I understand why some people say it have that smell of Acqua Di Gio. True there is a hint. But not completely the same. It open with a fresh citrusy smell, then moving on to a more clean and fresh. Not that bad. But not outstanding. Good longevity around 7 hours.

guest_Dirk

applied 7:30 in the morning and now 19:00 still smell it.
so it has a great longevity!
"another aqua di gio wannabe"'? it doesnt remind in any way on aqua di gio. so i dont understand where u get that opinion from.
anyways im still loving this fragrance.
i think best for spring and summer but u can also apply whenever u want.

vdxl
vdxl

I don't know why Hugo Boss releases so many fragrances that evoke Water. Elements Aqua is such a good aquatic, that it would not require a sequel. Hugo Element, Boss Pure, these are designed for the only reason of $$$$. And sadly, they are very expensive considering the content. To me, this smells like a less metallic version of Echo- Davidoff.

andy
andy

nice scent hugo boss tends to make really good colognes

bwcw81
bwcw81

This is the first Hugo Boss fragrance I try, immediately after I tried it, I like it very much, it smell fresh, real fresh, feeling just like after taking a bath! It then dried down to very nice woody smell, it last more than 4 hours on me, nice!

I will give 7/10, the freshiest fragrance in woody aquatic!

Updates: It may appear a bit sour if you over applied, in a hot sunny day, this is really a great one to wear to beat the heat yet cooling and refreshing!

guest_ezekiel
guest_ezekiel

I cant blame others if the lasting power of this scent does not satisfy them.. Maybe the suited "TYPE" of fragrance for them is "ELIXIR or PARFUMS". Boss Pure and other line of men from Hugo Boss are all EDTS.. and EDTS are not meant to last all day long.. you just need to reapply whenever you feel the scent has gone away....

alina terec
alina terec

wow the comercial really embodies the concept of this fragrance! it's a light fresh scent that goes in the direction of bulgari aqua or aqua di gio from armani. it's that kind of scent that you sense on some passenger on the street and makes you wanna follow just to keep enhaling it. it feels to me that it makes me breathe more easely. it's weird but it really has that effect on me. suitable for sporty cool guys but also for trendy ones. what does it matter if it's common or not when it has that much of an impact on the opposite sex, isn't that one of the reasons we use fragrances? anyway a guy could never go wrong with this one in my oppinion. men should use more often these light aromas instead of the heavy ones which don't allow you to sense anything else around you. a well done fresh aquatic. beautyfull

seabear
seabear

Pleasant, but not a real stand-out fragrance. I'll use it until it is gone and not replace it.

jasonx
jasonx

Another Acqua di Gio wannabe! Been there, done that, seen better! Blah!

urobian
urobian

not my choice in fragance, very rough..strong weird aquatic, too synthetic .. you can find other options in the "fresh" family...

dancam86
dancam86

I could say that I am disappointed by this new fragrance but the truth is that I would not expect very much from any Hugo Boss fragrance, they are all o.k but non of them has anything special. This one is perfectly o.k for the mass, everybody is going to buy it and wear for the next few months and then it will be forgotten...

dgoosenberg
dgoosenberg

I actually enjoy the smell of this cologne a lot. It smells very much like citrus and soap. Doesn't have great lasting power though.

slipcat
slipcat

What a shame, really. I like the smell of the cologne on me after it settles in 15 or 20 minutes. Sadly, after maybe 2 hours, it has really weakened and is not much to talk about. 3 1/2 hours and it's gone. It was a nice try by Hugo Boss, if they could keep the fragrance but get about 3 more hours life out of it, I think it would be a very good cologne. Too bad....

black bacarra
black bacarra

It's so mild! The fig suceeded in making it smell clean. can actually be a unisex scent because there is nothing feminine or overtly masculine about this. It just smells clean like a soap and water variety. Not a strong citrus.

sophywt
sophywt

I just tried this one, really clean and fresh, its openning notes are not very sharp. good choice for summer!

guest_Dirk

Maybe not original but i love the scent its fresh a little creamy and woody.
definetly very good for summer.

Marianne
Marianne

I find this one rather boring-it isn't different to the usual hugo fragrances that seem very similar to me.

Boss Pure by Hugo Boss 3.44 out of 5 based on 238 ratings and 50 user reviews

Boss Pure Cologne by Hugo Boss - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Boss Pure Cologne by Hugo Boss - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
BOSS PURE for MEN by Hugo Boss EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
BOSS PURE for MEN by Hugo Boss EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Pure fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Pure, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Pure by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Pure by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.