Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Boss Selection Hugo Boss for men

Boss Selection Hugo Boss for men
dislike

Boss Selection Hugo Boss for men Videos
Boss Selection Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Selection Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Selection Hugo Boss for men Pictures

BOSS Selection embodies the style of Boss man: he is confident, succesfull and elegant. It is created for a man who is proud of his achievements. Boss Selection begins with lively and fresh green notes, juicy grapefruit and mandarin, along with spicy pink peppercorn nuance. In the heart of the fragrance is the aroma of geranium and cedar leaves, surrounded by star anise and petitgrain. The woody drydown is made of patchouli,vetiver, cedarwood, heliotrope and transparent musky notes, all together accentuating the masculine character of this fragrance. The ad campaign features popular German actor Thomas Kretchmann (King Kong, The Downfall, Next, Resident Evil-The Apocalypse, Immortel, The Pianist, U-Boat, “24” ). Perfume is created in 2006.

Pink Pepper Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Bergamot

Star Anise Cedar Needles Geranium

Patchouli Musk Vetiver

Boss Selection Fragrance Reviews

silentman26
silentman26

Fresh, spicy and elegant. Modern, earthy and slightly floral. Opens with a big blast of citruses and spices. Big doses of musk and star anise. A hint of cedar and vetiver. A scent with strong sillage, good longevity and great projection. Perfect for casual or suit and tie occasions. A high quality fragrance for the modern man.

Addan
Addan

Bought it before 3 days , nice , crispy and fresh scent also long lasting 6 hour plus on my skin
Highly recomended

sameh
sameh

To me it's a gentleman smell , i think a suit will really bring it out ( the Bergamot in top , Star Anise in the middle & Patchouli in the dry down works pretty good in winter ).
Smell : 6
Projection & Sillage : 5
Longevity : 6 hours. so i will rate it as 6.
Bottle Desigen : 6.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Indeed as previous reviewers have pointed out Selection is rather generic and despite being tremendously appeasing and soothing to the senses in a calm and sensual way, the projection is far too subtle for such a clean and inoffensive scent. This is really an attempt at a more professional, office ready version of Hugo Energise for more mature audiences, with the same excellently blended pink pepper note that made Higo Energise so magnificent, but without the masculine woods that helped push Energise off the skin to radiate stronger for others to notice. The musk and cedar are extremely soft in this blend and don't really accentuate the top or middle, allowing it to fade to a skin scent rather quickly and remain mostly a pink pepper, citrus and light musk scent that is extremely attractive despite following standard formulas but won't be enjoyed by anyone but your own nose for a few hours because of its rather soft and subtle essence. I like it for office wear in the fall because I love the pink pepper note here and appreciate its subtle projection as not to draw any unnecessary attention to myself, but for those looking to make an impression you would be better served by some of the more classic aromatic fougeres on the market. If you like the pink pepper note here but want more force behind it, reach for Hugo Energise instead. Decent and subtle, fairly well blended, but indeed rather generic and formulaic. Still worthy of a purchase if you are looking for a classy, subtle office scent that is versatile enough to be worn year-round, day or night. Projection is soft, longevity is generally 3-5 hours with the dry down consisting of mostly light musk and the slightest hint of cedar with pink pepper residue. The highlights are the top and heart, which last the first two hours are dominated by the well blended pink pepper and citrus.

eddie.gallardo
eddie.gallardo

Very sad pathetic fragrance! Smells for 40 min tops.

cafe-cafe
cafe-cafe

I love having it during the summers

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne reminds me of crisp. This cologne is good for working at office.

Grassnote
Grassnote

confident? succesfull? and elegant? This is shy, lackluster and weak. No sillge at all, longevity is poor even on shirt. There are a lot of cheaper and better options out there.

freestyle
freestyle

soft, genuine, and low-profile perfume for man.. really down to earth and give elegant scent.. im hoping the scent could be more powerfull..

mendwillie
mendwillie

Perfume common, found him like some cheap perfumes here in Brazil, setting up is good, but the smell was horrible on my skin, I was up with nausea, but used it to not lose what you paid for it.

garett
garett

Neutral feelings towards it for me.When i first smelled it i thought girls would go mad as it was sweet and sugary and dreamy.But after one week something in it made everything boring and dull , may be because it was not dynamic , remained linear all through.Sweetness and spicy touch is ok but not all through the day , it should have some changes , which it lacks.It bores me.

shycosid
shycosid

Honestly it smell like nothing, i have spraying colonge since i was 8 years old Now hugo Bottle thats your right choose

Smellycat22
Smellycat22

I have tried this. The smell has a very powerful and cold feel to it. I bought this many, many years ago...and it was the first cologne I had ever bought. Up until that point, I never bought cologne..as it just wasn't my thing but this scent changed that. I do agree that this smells very similar to Armani Code...but I smelled this before I smelled Armani Code. Nevertheless, this smell......emanates power and ambition. It has a very powerful and cold feel to it..it just smells....for a lack of a better word....cool. It doesn't smell cuddly. But I love the smell. So I agree with what was intended...as the description of the cologne says "BOSS Selection embodies the style of Boss man: he is confident, succesfull and elegant"...that's pretty much it in a nutshell. My only gripe with it is that it doesn't last long. If I could have the smell (during the first hour) and have it last for 7 hours, this would skyrocket along the same class as my other favorites....Issay Miyake, Creed GIT, YSL, One Millon, Le Male, etc.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

I must admit that it is a very nice perfume, but is similar to so many perfumes available in the market and does not have its own unique character. To my view it is oriental spicy fragrance starts with a strong citrus notes and stays quiet linear. Nothing extraordinary and remarkable about this fragrance. Suitable for office work and formal occasions and you may sometimes get a compliment. Works best in winter and in springs. Average silage and longevity. Nice bottle and packaging.
Overall I give it 7.7 out of 10

diablochancho
diablochancho

creo que el anis estrellado es un poco intrusivo así es que a tener cuidado con las aplicaciones no más de 4.

Cylob
Cylob

A fresh opening. Perfect for a man in a suit. Any place, any time. And that is also the problem. It has no character... I do like the drydown though: much warmer and more character, so overall an ok fragrance for everyday use.

murysusanto
murysusanto

This version of boss is so very alike Marks&Spencer Autograph Sport, gentleman's value for money fragrance. The notes is so similar that I got deodorant spray just to use after shower.
But I have no complaint at all, it is a very nice scent to use daily and very easy going.
I have to add a remark, scoring 7/10

periquito89
periquito89

I think Armani Code, Zegna Intenso and now Boss Selection have all the same style. What makes Selection more different of those two is a initial sweet smell, a little candy-fruit-like, but a well elaborated one, I mean, could be a silly chord but it is not. At the end they all have the same destiny, producing a resembling feelling, and for me the same problem: could smell rancid during hard conditions, like sweat, hot weather and even less. I like the beginning of these 3 scents, but not so much the drydown. And how a simple bottle can be so elegant!

andrevarx
andrevarx

A very good EDT. It has notes of fresh wood green entry and middle notes are much more refined, with green floral notes with hints of fresh wood and fine. Base notes of green wood.

This fragrance leaves a feeling of elegance well suited for night work day but also for special events under one roof. Very elegant and probably works well for dating. Very elegant and desirable.

By its nature it is more profitable for young men ages onwards, this fragrance in teens can work only for formal events. A scent that works on almost any season scent perfect for a dark suit.

When I first smelled this in GQ, I thought wow! Nice! It is of course from Hugo Boss and I have liked everything I've smelled from him, but this one is different...

It is fresh and the citruses are there along with the pink pepper which makes them slightly warm. This leads to the heart of anise and geranium with a hint of cedar,a beautiful warm woody floral accord that lasts quite well on my skin. The drydown of vetiver-patchouli-musk is well done but could be louder IMHO...

On me this alternates between fresh and spicy and a warm, earthy slightly floral accord that I find captivating. It is very clean and also sexy in a sweet, smooth kind of way. It suits a suit and tie but also a casual night out at a good restaurant, all in all a good scent for any man to have. It is unlike other aromatic fougeres in that it does not have an real defined green "ferny" note but the geranium more than makes up for that. It is a quite modern and polished fragrance for the 21st century man...

Sillage: decent
Longevity: pretty good
Overall: 3.75/5

As stated by others before me this is not anything new or earth-shaking, but it is a very good scent that is fresh without being aquatic, warm but not too spicy, slightly floral without the usual overdose of lavender and earthy yet not dirty,musky or overly woody. It may not be top shelf but it is by no means generic or common...

umraman
umraman

Just got this in my mail. Alright. This scent is very elegant, classy and more suited for a formal occasion. You can easily tell all the top, middle and base notes. In the opening the pink pepper and grapefruit is very prominent making it sort of a sweet and spicy scent. After half an hour the anise and geranium kicks in. I do sense a little ceder but its very week. Finally in the dry down you will get the patchouli and the vetiver with a hint of musk. The only problem with this scent is the longevity. On my skin it lasts for 3hrs tops. Im not saying that its gonna happen on everyone's skin, i mean the same scent lasted for like 4 to 5 hrs on my friend. So, lets hope its lasts longer on yours.

Lance
Lance

I bought this today, and I don't know why! I'm so dissapointed.
The top note is nice but when it comes to the base, I feel nothing. It's just kinda poor mix version of some other scents, a little 1Million, a little lipstick by Dior Homme, a little Hugo XY..., make this fragrance so common and boring!

UPDATE: It's not that bad when I gave it some other try, I think it's quite pleasant, fruity but warm, with touch of pink pepper and strong anise! Not bad, but I still ignore it because of the poor sillage and longevity!

carera
carera

one of best hugo perfumes . different from others hugo perfumes .

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very good fragrance for spring and fall. It smells artificial but clean and inoffensive to those around you. Prefect work or school fragrance. Moderate sillage and it last 6-8 hours on my skin.
8/10.

valdano
valdano

I always love the basenotes of my collections. But when i got this masculine perfume. I hate the soft basenotes but love the Top Notes. It sweet and truly chick magnet

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Hugo Boss Selection :)

Boss selection is my first and favourite fragrance from Hugo boss. Having tried it out at Boots builds up my appreciation on what other say about a scent being "elegantly fresh and clean". Based on the commercial and its high-quality juice, I could not agree more to vote Hugo Boss Selection for office and formal use.

Sillage is about right not to alarm others. Longevity is second to none.

All in all. 10/10 for me.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Like many perfumes from Hugo-Boss it’s nice but not special and remarkable. I’ve tried it many times but I didn’t find anything special during the short time of middle note lasting …

مثل همه ادکلن های هوگو باس این هم فقط خوبه ولی چیز خاص و قابل توجهی نیست
هر چقدر هم خواستم مثبت ببینمش ولی باز هم باید بگم اونقدرها چیز عجیب غریب یا متفاوتی نبود
دوام و پخش متوسطی هم داره
این هم واسه هدیه دادن مناسبه چون همه خوششون میاد
خوشبو هست .. همین

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This isn't bad, but there's something about it that reminds me of a CK cologne - it's a little too generic and linear for my taste. However I could see how someone would like this, it's got that basic "clean, fresh" smell to it, although it's not aquatic or summery. A little boring, but one could do much worse.

andy
andy

i like this scent very fresh and masculine and perfect for anytime wear

Jeff
Jeff

This cologne i think would be a business scent. It doesn't smell like a super high quality cologne but isn't cheap and crappy smelling either. i really like it. It's a little on the spicy side i think but is soft and business like but obviously a men's scent. Unfortunately, at Gottchalks, all they had was the tester and they didn't seem to want to do anything about selling the testers even when all the cologne except for the tester was gone. I would be willing to swap mu Guess man for it. It's almost brand new. not even a month old.

Eros
Eros

I agree with "Collector" and "Slipcat" here - it is classy, the scent is more solid, lasts stable and longer than nearest analogue - Chanel "Allure pour homme" (and not so musky). Lasts 5+ hours with *no* or very little changes.
Analog is also new Versace Pour Homme - but Versace has more freshy drydown (BOSS has sweet), which is less natural for this type of scent.
The main part of this perfume smells fresh and warm, like coffee + lime + something expensive.
The scent is very stable, but unfortunatelly, almost all Hugo Boss' chemistry is too strong for my skin and body, I can spray it only to my hair.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

A very nice fragrance. I have worn this many times to the office and it has lasted all day long. Good staying power, and quite fresh in smell.

slipcat
slipcat

I have tried this one and really like the fragrance. It stays with you for a long while and has a fresh, clean scent. Clearly manly, but not overpowering. A little goes a long way. It does not smell like "cologne", just a nice clean scent, but not a deodorant scent. Hard to pin down. Definitely one I would recommend if you are just starting to check out colognes and don't know what to buy or don't know what to buy for someone.

Boss Selection by Hugo Boss 3.73 out of 5 based on 275 ratings and 33 user reviews

Aftershave 2.5oz
Hugo Boss Boss Selection Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Hugo Boss Boss Selection Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Hugo Boss Boss Selection Eau De Toilette Spray 90ml 3oz
Hugo Boss Boss Selection Eau De Toilette Spray 90ml 3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Selection fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Selection, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Selection by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Selection by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.