Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Boss Soul Hugo Boss for men

Boss Soul Hugo Boss for men
dislike

Boss Soul Hugo Boss for men Videos
Boss Soul Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Soul Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Soul Hugo Boss for men Pictures

Boss Soul by Hugo Boss is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Boss Soul was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Ursula Wandel. Top notes are mandarin orange, anise, bergamot, pepper and cardamom; middle notes are lavender, cinnamon, nutmeg and coriander; base notes are tonka bean, amber, musk, vanilla and vetiver.

Mandarin Orange Anise Bergamot Pepper Cardamom

Lavender Cinnamon Nutmeg Coriander

Tonka Bean Amber Musk Vanilla Vetiver

Boss Soul Fragrance Reviews

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

Nothing special in this one. It's a very generic scent resembling of cheap colones

I don't get much anise here, but rather the spices are obvious to me. One way to think of this one is:

take the iris and leather (what little there is) out of the reformulated Dior Homme and replace that element with spices.

Does that sound great to you? Okay, then go ahead and sample this one.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

A lavish, intoxicating brew of a fragrance that gives off an incredibly smoky, creamy, spicy feel that is soft and a bit too reserved (the only thing holding this fragrance back from being an absolute modern classic and must buy) but radiates with a soothing, sensual warmth. Smelling Boss Soul is like visiting an Italian coffee house in late fall, early winter with the backdrop of mocha cappuccino, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon in the air. The scent is simply all these coffee house staples smoked over an evening winter fire. It's simply magnificent, but unfortunately tends to cling very close to the skin within five minutes of application.
Evolution is rather limited and the fragrance stays somewhat linear throughout, with the spicy cardamom, warm cinnamon and light, airy pepper overlaying a background of vanilla, nutmeg and tonka bean that are all very evident in the professionally mixed blend. Agonista is right on the money on all three accounts regarding the scent, projection and longevity. It's not a great performer and the blend seems extremely shy and guarded, holding very close to the body. Longevity for me is about 4-6 hours. But all things considered, this is a very popular discounted fragrance in European Duty Free Shops (it can often be found for 30 quid or 40 euros) but doesn't find its way to North America very frequently other than the Washington, Philadelphia, Boston and New York areas. The scent is simply mesmerizing, a wonderful blend of spice, sweetness and a hint of woods all smoked on the fireplace, bringing back many warm feelings of late fall and early winter. A better scent than Armani Code, it's obvious inspiration; but simply doesn't perform as well. Which says a lot, given that Armani Code is not known for assertive projection itself. If you want to know what Ticino, Switzerland, northern Italy and parts of Southern Austria smell like during the Christmas festival time (roasted almonds, chestnuts and hazelnuts in the air), this is the perfect souvenir. A sophisticated, enjoyable, dark and creamy brew. Overall 8.25 (Would be closer to a 10 if performance was up to a higher standard, the scent alone is a 9.75)

bronstein

Nice and gentle, albeit very light and not very long-lasting. It is warm, but not sensual. Therefore, as so many fragrances from the Boss range, it suits business days - ideally accompanied by a black Hugo Boss suit.

WolverineWarrior
WolverineWarrior

I got this stuff for my grandpa back in 2005/I think. I liked the smell. Its smelt masculine/strong. Good for night time.

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Juicy Pepper Vanilla. I call it my "winner". For job interviews.

agonista
agonista

If the longevity and projection were better , it would be one of the best perfumes I've ever had...the scent is really uncanny, balmy and arresting. Maybe EDP could be the winner, because that version is simply devoid of these two basic attributes which good perfumes must have...

Longevity: 4/10 (3 hours maybe...)
Sillage: 4/10
-----------
Overall: 6/10

wutanga13x
wutanga13x

First impression after a spray i liked it. then after an hour or so the base notes hit and it was a very warm and sensual smell. very sexy and ladies enjoy it very much. unfortunately it doesnt last long nor does it have a long silage. but thats okay! if its a date and you only want her to smell it when shes at your neck/nibling at your ear; its perfect! maybe if they made a edp with more natural oils it would be an awesome cologne with greater projection and longevity. but all in all its still a great smell and very appealing. Very suitable for a quick outing where you wont be using the smell for 4+ hours. i give it a 7/10 but only because of the lifespan and silage. the scent is great!

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

Generally, I avoid the perfume house Hugo Boss,'cause I think that does not belong to the upper range a Designer class.Therefore they do not have something in your collection too.Now the exception to the rule in my collection are-Elements, Orange(I know,I know it is diesel, but fragrance is so sweet and nice), and this one!Vial,does not look good.I would say even too simple,as to belong to the type of perfume, like Arno Sorel or even worst!Well, I'll always buy perfume that I like regardless of
the look of the bottle,but could have been better is make!When opening, reminiscent of the M7Fresh of YSL,mild citrus,especially grapefruit full with whitew pepper and cinnamon, than a sharp, thanks to anise.Acuity to some extent blunted thanks to bergamot,while its base gives a woderful symphony of vanilla+musk incl.a sweet and powdery magical amber, which, however, only slightly sharp cuts vetiver and flavor of drug tobacco(tonka bean).When I smell my hand,in fact, most feel the citrus and musk filled with beautiful, powdery amber, and that's a all.I dont know, this fragrance could best be described like sweet, lovable, and lemonade , with fresh green taste of vetiver ,supported with tonka and strong anise.Therefore, the perfume is designed for cooler weather though,and though there are citrus, which, however, say that it can be worn on warmer weather,but I think that is essentially still a bit of cooler weather,especially for amber and vanilla.Overall, a very solid perfume, that comes to us from 'fraudulent home fragrance Hugo Boss,of course with weak sillage.Although the parfum interesting work,who comes out of the house,per month, which throw some perfume,then this is not such a bad option,for someone who can not live without Hogo Boss fragrance!Others, like me, will probably prefer,But people, there's a not a greater joy,only slight comfort wearing and nothing more!Now if you are wondering,why I took it I will tell you plainly,because he was at a discount of 50%,and what I liked it anyway.Now, is it enough to buy,evaluate themselves.I still regret,but not completely.What do I do when I love perfumes,even their names a Hugo Boss.

Teezam
Teezam

Hardly much of a perfume... doesnt last or project

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A warm, vibrant, sophisticated frag, which is not unique, linear and lasts quite well on the skin..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 3 hours - 10 inch projection. This is a little different from most frags though 66% the same as Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme, however Lanvin projects and lasts longer, is a third of the price and has much better chic powderness with clearer notes. Hugo Soul is like a watered down version of Arpege. This Hugo Soul is still good though; it lingers when you think it has gone, is warm and sophisticated with nutmeg like notes and cinammon

3 hours - 5 hours - 4 inch projection. Some powderness comes in but nothing compared to Lanvin Arpege

5 hours - 7 hours. 1 inch projection. Lasts a long time on the skin

7-8 hours. Close to skin

I would personally get a little sick and boored of this if I wore it too often, and so would only wear it very occasionally to keep the interest going, however whilst wearing it, I would feel a little posh...lol

walesman
walesman

Only lasts a few hours about 4 max. i usually wear it if im going to a social gathering party for a few hours wont lsat a long time ideal for night winter wear. nice apealing smell though recieved a few compliments for it

Bobster
Bobster

Let me start off by saying when I first tested this on my hand I almost ran away from it. The initial blast to me was something medicinal and something hard for me to describe. I have learned that you can't judge a fragrance by a initial impression and that you should give it a full wearing before passing judgement. I got this dirt cheap and decided to give it a full wearing the other day and man oh man I am so glad I bought this. Yes its very subtle and the longevity could be better but the wood note in this is wonderful and I think if it had been stronger it might have been too cloying so I am actually glad its not stronger than it is. If I could describe this scent i would have to say it smells like nothing else on the market which makes this original in my book. If you find this dirt cheap don't be afraid to buy it. Give it a chance. I'm glad I did.

LJUBsify
LJUBsify

Absolutely love the smell of this stuff, but unfortunately it has next to no lasting power on my skin. To me this reminds me of Root Beer a little bit. Definately worth giving a try. Hopefully it lasts longer on you guys than it did for me

soned
soned

As all the Hugo Boss fragrances, that emphasize the BOSS name instead of the HUGO, this is directed to the more mature man. It is a mix of spices in the top, but not the ugly BANG peppery stuff, more subtle. After a few hours, it becomes more sweet and powdery, with a hint of musk, very nice, masculine and romantic indeed. It last a long time in my climate (above 70F nights).
My 1.7oz bottle was almost finished.......just got a 3.0oz for $9.99 (yep, original, brand new, the whole thing)at Marshall's!!!. Ridiculous.

andy

i love the smell of this one the spices are perfect and its a very deep masculine powdery aroma with a very unique drydown. It would probably be better for someone in the 30 plus crowd and is great for night vs the day but i would definately rock this to work due to its subtle great smell

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

My wife bought this for me as a surprise....which is nice. But I find this very bland and boring. I'll wear this when I don't want to use a fragrance that I like. Nice for now....but wouldn't buy it.

freedweed
freedweed

I was really torn between buying Boss Soul or not. I'm glad I did. Something findly really clicked when I smelled this on me. Now I understand what a signiture scent is. You don't pick it as much as It picks you. I smell tobacco in the opening. Wonderful. That's how I would describe it. I think it's the Tamboti Wood. When that fades away my skin has a pleasant sweet fragrance. I really like that. I noticed the first time I sprayed it was all tobacco because it had not morphed down yet. Unlike my empty sample bottle which smelled sweet. They didn't smell the same at first. But after a day it changed under the cap to match the sample bottle. I love that. That cycle repeats itself everytime one applies it. I love the way it smells. I feel so at ease with this. Soul is a fantastic EDT.

spoombung
spoombung

Promising on first spray with a lively, alcoholic, sweet, spicy aroma that you might think would be capable of sustaining interest and maintaining it's own momentum for more than 5 minutes.. but I'm afraid not; it quickly disappears leaving next to nothing on the skin.

For those who like the smell of Boss Soul I would recommend Marks and Spencer's Autograph Intense. It's very similar but lasts a bit longer and is much, much cheaper.

Boss need to think about offering more value to their customers and making fragrances that last longer than the first spritz on the shop floor.

Nice bottle, though.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Pretty nice masculine scent
Pepper and anise is very dominating here
Reminds me Gucci Envy for men, but Boss Soul is less complex
- But still very good!

Marija Lukic
Marija Lukic

I like this one so much! And I'm gonna buy it and wear it and I don't care that this is a male scent...it smells so gooood on my skin! :D

Kharnak
Kharnak

Oriental, Woody, Spicy like cinnamon.. and a hint of Pepper.
This is Love. I've gotten 3 compliments at work from seperate people. It's persistent and Holds very well, even after you can't detect it... it mellows out after a few hours to a wonderfully smooth, almost marshmallow-like sweetness... The initial spice is Delicious.
Wear it with confidence guys. This is a good one.
(girls too! there's enough white watery florals for you to pass it off)

If you are a fan of oriental or woody spicies, but find A*Men too heavy and weird (or gourmand sweet) and Blue Sugar too cloying, or LL Au Masculin too thick, then Boss Soul might fit you better...

As well blended as any from this House; Soul keeps it warm but smooth. It is sweet but spicy, and elegant without being ostentatious. It begins somewhere between the bright sweetness of the citruses and the warm aura of the anise, pepper and cardamom. Though it is a bit warm and heavy on the initial inhale, the exhale is refined and relaxed. Clean and dry lavender adds a bit of elegance. Nutmeg and cinnamon keep it sexy and comfy, and the corriander adds a slight herbal feel. The drydown borders on oriental; as the tonka, vanilla and amber blend seemlessly and the musk adds a bit of raw sensuality. The vetiver (if any) keeps it earthy and drier still. This may be too "tame" for some who like it heavy and sweet, but if you are looking to be noticed (but not overpowering), and subtly intruiging...this does the trick. This scent adds to your mystique. Instead of defining you, it accents you.

Sillage: average
Longevity: decent
Overall: 4/5

Some say "watered down", I say subtle and understated. Too spicy? Never. Sexy?...And how! This scent makes a statement, it just doesn't scream at the top of its lungs. A whisper can say more than a shout does! This scent is great in winter and autumn, but does equally well in the coolness of a spring evening. I would find it a bit much in full summer heat (or a tropical clime). This is the epitome of sexy: warm, smooth and dashing!

abi_ebi_abed
abi_ebi_abed

Soul of scent

Raptole
Raptole

I got the smallest bottle of this fragrance. I wasn't satisfied with it. It smelled cheap to me, the beginning wasn't bad, but after an hour it starts to smell cheap. In south-eastern Europe, there is a brand name for colognes called STR8. This one smells like the most popular one, the STR8 Marine(Blue one). And the STR8 is around for $10 max for the 3.4 oz bottle.
I liked the packaging, I like the shape and size of the bottle, the sprayer is nice. I am an old fan of Hugo Boss, although Im not that old. But this is definitely one of the worst ones. This is one of the two BOSS fragrances I don't like that much! Hopefully no one will give me this as a present for my upcoming birthday!
The silage is good! It has an average longevity, average projection.
Longevity: 4 hours
Projection: 2 and a half hours, after that stays close to the skin and just smells if you get closer.
But I would give it a 7/10 because it is from the Hugo Boss fragrance house and Boss is one of my favorite. It has a good longevity and projection but not my smell, it is the type of smell i like, the Oriental Woody, but I guess some notes don't get along with my nose.

Valentino
Valentino

Hugo Boss is a brand I usually greet with extreme indifference. Actually, I've always felt that the Boss corporate image lacked 'soul' so things weren't looking too good when I heard about 'Boss Soul'. Thankfully I was proven totally wrong about this one!

This is a rich, opulent, spicy and warm scent with elements of both a masculine and feminine nature. As usual for this type of thing, the freshness of the top notes is fleeting and not really a feature unless you spray onto fabric.

Boss Soul has a confident, distinctive personality based on its wealth of spices. Pepper, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon and coriander. It sounds like Ursula Wandel was craving a nice Indian when she made this!(A curry, not a man, although who knows?).

Unfortunately on my skin I sometimes get an actual whiff of curry powder but luckily it doesn't last, soon settling into a comfortably spiced vanillic musk.

Infact, the silage and longevity are only average but that makes it more wearable on a day to day basis. It has a nice executive feel to it and goes well with a suit.

I'm so glad I didn't dismiss Boss Soul based purely on its name, but if Paris Hilton ever releases CanCan Man, you can count me out!

MAHENDRA
MAHENDRA

This is well blended perfume,

Nicely bottled,

Im not certain on its lasting power on my body ,

I bought it after seeing all of the ingredients is a mash of my favourites...

Realized, All of your favourite ingredients mashed together wont give the super expected result,

Anyways, its nice on a guy if its really able to last long

tavinver
tavinver

This a scent that brings me a lot of luck, maybe one of my daily favorites

I was reading another reviews and I'm agree, this is not a long lasting scent but stills good for me.

I said so.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

This is one of the best Bosses. It is masculine, brave, sophisticated. The Vanilla is the most obvious note, it mixed perfectly with the spices and tonka bean, the musk and vetiver strengthen the backbone, holding it up nicely, standing tall.
This may be recommended for older gentlemen by other reviewers, but I beg to differ. When I owned and wore it alot of 20somethings asked me for the name, they wrote it down.

I've smelt alot of older gentlemen's fragrances and Boss Soul doesn't fit in that scene. It's
modern enough for all the young blokes at my work to want it on first smell.
I must remember to buy this one again before it's obsolete.

periquito89
periquito89

It feels like a woody scent, but with a strong sense of those ones based on nutmeg. No surprise why this, in my very first try, remembered me the infamous (to my nose) Kenzo Jungle Homme. The nice bottle is not enough to bring me back to Soul.

scentology
scentology

Soul may be the best fragrance to ever come out of the Boss Line (apologies to Selection). Fascinating ingredients are mixed beautifully, and the note layers are intricately woven and radiated clearly, you can sense almost every ingredient in the composition.

Warm, Spicy, Woody, and Sexy, it calls for a modern man in his early 20s/late 30s, confident and genteel.

Sillage : Good
Longevity : 4+ hours
Feeling : Assertive
Feedback : nice

RobbieX
RobbieX

Smells dusty, dry and powdery to me. A bit bland and non-descript.

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

Know when you enter a famous fresh spicery store, and u smell such fresh active mix of cardamom, nutmeg, & black pepper Plus some undefined old woods! - in a concentrated way. than u feel the old times. that's what I could humbly describe H boss. I classify it as pure Woody Spicy. 8/10

lovescully
lovescully

Like a softer, less sweet version of Diesel Zero Plus, this fragrance's strongest notes to me are cinnamon & anise.

I dont really get any of the mandarin or bergamot fruity top notes at all. For me it cuts right to the cinnamon, pepper and spice notes and doesn't really develop too much from there on in.

It's masculine but doesn't shout out about it. That's not to say that I don't like this one, it's just fairly simple & linear. There is a base of vanilla & musk that shows up eventually, but it's very soft so that you almost don't really notice it unless you're sniffing yourself.

Sillage: 2/5

If you can get it for a good price, I'd say this one is a good casual scent for Autumn or Winter.

P.S. I got mine with shower gel & after shave balm and it projects & lasts a lot longer on the skin after using the creamy (but non greasy) balm.

LenaBel
LenaBel

My boyfriend got it as a present and I asked him not to use it (how rude is that?! haha) He also had an aftershave which I accidentaly smashed in the bathroom, well I wasn't too sad about that - I got a chance to pick another one for him! ^^

It is just too sharp and unpleasant for my nose, I don't know much about mens fragarances andalthough actually the notes look quite nice here... Well there is definetely too much spice in it as I can't even smell the base

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

You have to get close to my soul to smell this one. Comes off strong, but stays really close to the skin.... but then again, as I'm typing I'm smelling it projecting itself. Hmm... spring and summer heat might make this a bit more noticeable, although it's a fall winter fragrance. It's warm, dark and more mysterious than it is soulful. On top of it all... it's romantic. I love romance.

angelasings
angelasings

I bought this, unsniffed, for my husband on the basis of the anise which lasts for the duration into the base notes. I have never had a happier unsniffed purchase and adore this scent on him. It's definately a man's scent though and I'm still searching for a women's scent of the same freshness and lasting quality -It's got soul!

bronstein

A mediocre scent to say the least. You put it on and from the first moment on you have difficulty to identify anything special about it, then a couple of minutes later it's gone anyway. Best avoided.

snitchings
snitchings

modern? you people are seriously lost....
This perfume has an awful smell which smells like something straight out from the 80's.

This perfume would suit a 40+ man, any younger and you'll be ageing real quick.

sexyblondeangel88
sexyblondeangel88

I want to give a nice present to boyfriend. I really like this one, burberry brit, aqva from bvlgari, etc... any ideas ???? thnx ^^

Phangz

You can buy this to me at very low price for only Php3,000 (philippine peso)

(Hugo Boss Soul 90ml original price here in Philippines is Php4,000 higher)

Other hugo boss purfumes also available less up to Php2,000 from it's original price here in Philippines.

Any interested people can contact me here or trough my email add... phangz_08@yahoo.com

Phangz

You can buy this to me at very low price for only Php3,000 (philippine peso)

Ramses7
Ramses7

Es la fragancia nº 1 de mis favoritas. Para mi la mejor que ha sacado Hugo Boss. Moderna, innovadora, diferente y muy masculina.

VanAllan
VanAllan

I really have an affinity for oriental/spicy scents (along with woody-spicy ones) and this is a good one, even if I'm not a fan of HugoBoss perfumes (it seems that all have a note/feeling in common). Boss Soul starts fresh (mandarin, bergamot) and a little creamy-spicy (cardamom, anise, pepper) on the first sniff, and somehow you stop feel it anymore, it has a strong powdery character noticeable from the very beginning, then dries down slowly (1-2 hrs) into a little sweeter version, more oriental/spicy (nutmeg, cinnamon, coriander, lavender) and still very powdery. Overall a feeling of a good, sophisticated and masculine fragrance, after 5-6 hrs remains elegant & creamy, a little sweeter (tonka bean, vanilla, amber), but still there (you catch a nice feel when you expect less), a very well-blended and modern scent. My personal rank 8/10. ☣☣☣

andy

yeah i like the extra kick in this i think it stands out from all the other fresh woodsy winter scents

great scent and like many boss fragrances this is very masculine and well blended

guest_drew
guest_drew

haha thank god they do not have any female versions of dis PERFECT MAN SCENT no ladiez allowed!!!

like many hugo boss scentz dis is a notch up there and ups ya game cuz

smelled dis in a store bought it online wit deal n get lotz of good responsez n VERY FEW WEAR DIS so itz mo spontaneous

persefonex
persefonex

Es una fragancia sofisticada, masculina, muy moderna. Alejada de las maderas, que habla de un hombre especial, viril y etéreo. Perfecto para los que gustan de lo inusitado.

Boss Soul by Hugo Boss 3.78 out of 5 based on 298 ratings and 47 user reviews

Hugo Boss Boss Soul Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Hugo Boss Boss Soul Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Hugo Boss Boss Soul Eau De Toilette Spray 90ml 3oz
Hugo Boss Boss Soul Eau De Toilette Spray 90ml 3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Soul fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Soul, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Soul by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Soul by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.