Designers » F-H » Woody Chypre « Groups

Boss Spirit Hugo Boss for men
dislike

herbal
bitter

Boss Spirit from Hugo Boss was launched in 1989. This masculine, woody – chypre – aromatic and leather composition opens with artemisia, peppermint, aldehydes, green note, wormwood and galbanum. The heart features lavender, tarragon and geranium, while the base consists of sandalwood, leather, amber and patchouli.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Artemisia Mint Aldehydes Green Notes Wormwood Galbanum

Cuba Prestige Black

Boss Spirit Fragrance Reviews

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

Boss Spirit reminds me of Azzaro Acteur except it's much more richer and spicier. This is a typical late 80's aromatic fougere, very uplifting and smells absolute divine. Totally worth it! It is much stronger than the way it looks by the way :)

CGV
CGV

80's sunshine in a bottle! To me its spicy refreshing. Incredibly positive and energizing while manly and special. Great performance in terms of longevity, sillage and projection. So sad that it has disappeared. It has a nostalgic touch to it but I refuse to call it dated. Its a proper, mans frargrance like it should be! Perfect!!!

missan
missan

One of the very best I have smelled, without hesitation. Uniquely good.

kl99
kl99

Really Tonic. Balsamic. yes balmy, warm aromatic.

In some way it is fashinating, so alpha male with Cadillac.
Is the resume of an Era: the 80s.

But in another way remind me a calssic After Shave a cheap italian 80s fragrance... a rich cologne.

can't say. notes very well orchestrated. I like.

but hundreds similar. Classic no revolution.

rcavs
rcavs

Wow! With such nice top notes I iniatially couldn't believe anyone would dislike this fragrance. It's a solid green/aromatic fougere where its green notes remind me of Paco Rabanne pour homme, but It definetily shares a spicy sweet drydown with Aramis. Less pungent, as an updated version. There's also a nice boozy/cold note that is tangled up with the rest of the composition and amplifies it, really nice effect, similar to the one found in Giorgio Red.
To sum it up, It's a skin scent and its longevity and projection is weak. maybe that's the reason It wasn't appreciated as It deserved, although It's great while It lasts!

groover
groover

They need to bring back this one,
i have great memories With it and a
lot of compliments, never have i ever been more
popular with the ladies ;)

Rerik
Rerik

Boss Spirit is by far the most powerful powerhouse scent from the past, besides Rutan tobacco. I compared it to a few different vintage scents.
It has huge silage and stays long on your skin.
To describe the smell of Spirit, it's like a mixture of Dior Jules and Lancome balafre.
Definitely a serious scent. It just might be too heavy for indoor use.
Only for special occasions, when you want to smell stronger than others around you.

Anubis-Black
Anubis-Black

When they stoped this fragrance they lost a customer.
I have found nothing like it.
What a shame !!
Now they make cat pee.

angel_wings
angel_wings

i simply love this frag..but too bad its discontinued. can anyone tell me where can i get this in singapore?
Ive been searching for it for ages.

deppard
deppard

I don't know where to begin. Bought my first one just like that at Bahrain airport counter in 1992. My 3rd fragrance after English leather and Eternity for men. Was an engg student sniffing fashion mags to figure out stuff! . But man oh man! I've since then earmarked HB Spirits for extremely special occasions where I need to make a unique and classy statement as a gentleman. Its my numero uno even to this day among my Antaeus, Gentleman, gucci por homme, paco rabbane, Van Cleef, Drakkar, farenheit, chopard vetiver, kenneth cole, Jean Paul Gaultiers etc etc.

In one sentence: HB Spirit is the epitome of rare sophistication. Men's perfumes don't get any better than this. This is how a sophisticated man should smell like. Its a shame they just discontinued it, and for what? Other than Boss One nothing works out of the Boss stable today.

Best of the best. Very good projection. Amazing longevity. Fascinating sexy yet classy and mature aroma. I would stress on the word classy and distinct. What else would you need?

Sparkling clear burst as you start. Citrus, lavender & very strong herbs jostle in the opening. Then becomes very warm and sensual. You have to let it settle. An hour later the play is mesmerizing and just exotic on the skin, with a powerful woody chypre, leather, tea, herb, mild sandal wood and tobacco combo that continue to the dry down. Funny they don't mention sandal anywhere! Dense woods, spicy herbs, mild creamy lavender & sandal, and a very smoky and resinous tenure in the middle that clings on. A whiff of woods and deep forests. Very complex, very warm, very appealing and very rich.

A classy connoisseur gentleman who oozes power, style and uniqueness . A First among equals. In his best suit. At his very manly and sophisticated best! Nah! this just won't not go with the jeans, tattoo, tee look. Young or old- its proper attire with this juice.

Even today, with perfumes within the grasp of all and sundry, I still have fashionistas eating their pride and simply asking about my perfume. Yeah it stands out like the Eiffel tower amid the watery, flowery, paper ink, fruity, peppery waft of gent EDTs of today.

I am just glad that I can still dig it out online in this year of 2016 . Just bought my 8th bottle. Using no 5. 3 in stock !!!!

Ben's Aldehyde
Ben's Aldehyde

A wide-open-spaces sagebrush and leather scent with a smoky galbanum note. (Sagebrushes are artemesias, which is why artemesia notes evoke sagebrush.)

It starts very soapy, but quickly warms up and becomes pleasantly salty. It crackles with flint-and-steel sparks (that's probably the patchouli).

Some relative left me a bunch of unwanted samples of this scent during my teens, and I wore it for years without knowing it was meant to be a men's scent. I was so sad to find out it was discontinued.

It smells of a warm, sunny day in Big Sky country. It will be much missed.

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

Defenetly LOVE THIS COLOGNE IS STRONG AN SOPHISTICATED perfect for winter,,it reminds me of safari sometimes but this cologne will squash safari anytime of the day,its better in everyway this is a mans cologne good with suits an formal wear,,

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I am afraid to review this one, because it is so gorgeous and unique that I am afraid I will create other fans that will bid against me in the struggle to grab the few remaining bottles on the planet. This is a fairly linear fragrance, but the scent itself is one of old school MASCULINITY!
If you are a fan of the vintage No.1, you will probably like this one. This does not have that loud honey note like No.1, and instead replaces it with beautiful heady wood. If Gucci Pour Homme is a creamy wood, this is a light RICH wood. If you are a fan of the vintage scents, you are going to want to check this one out. The opening is filled with beautiful florals, with a rich sandalwood filled drydown. This also has listed in the notes, 3 different types of the same species(?) of plant...notably artemisia, wormwood, and tarragon. I have recently noticed that I am quite a fan of artemisia, and obviously there is much of that herbal aroma in this mix. This is one of the most wonderful fragrances I have had the pleasure of testing, and I will be getting a full bottle of this. Happy bidding!

guest_PEDRO MARQUES
guest_PEDRO MARQUES

ALELUIA SEING THIS AUTHENTIC MASTERPIECE IN FRAGRANTICA.THANKS FOR MAKE MY DESIRE A REALITY.AND SO RAPIDELY,I SEND JUST YESTERDAY AN EMAIL ASKING FRAGRANTICA TO PUT THIS SCENT ..AND THERE IT IS.THIS IS A WORK OF ART.A POTENT WOOD/LEATHER SCENT WITH AN INCREDIBLE LONGEVITY.THIS IS AN EXANPLE OF PERFECTION.THANKS FRAGRANTICA

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Spirit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Spirit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Spirit by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Spirit by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.