Designers » F-H » Woody Chypre « Groups

dislike

herbal
leather
bitter

Boss Spirit from Hugo Boss was launched in 1989. This masculine, woody – chypre – aromatic and leather composition opens with artemisia, peppermint, aldehydes, green note, wormwood and galbanum. The heart features lavender, tarragon and geranium, while the base consists of sandalwood, leather, amber and patchouli.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Artemisia Mint Aldehydes Green Notes Wormwood Galbanum

Lavender Geranium Tarragon

Sandalwood Patchouli Amber Leather

Boss Spirit Fragrance Reviews

groover
groover

They need to bring back this one,
i have great memories With it and a
lot of compliments, never have i ever been more
popular with the ladies ;)

Rerik
Rerik

Boss Spirit is by far the most powerful powerhouse scent from the past, besides Rutan tobacco. I compared it to a few different vintage scents.
It has huge silage and stays long on your skin.
To describe the smell of Spirit, it's like a mixture of Dior Jules and Lancome balafre.
Definitely a serious scent. It just might be too heavy for indoor use.
Only for special occasions, when you want to smell stronger than others around you.

Anubis-Black
Anubis-Black

When they stoped this fragrance they lost a customer.
I have found nothing like it.
What a shame !!
Now they make cat pee.

angel_wings
angel_wings

i simply love this frag..but too bad its discontinued. can anyone tell me where can i get this in singapore?
Ive been searching for it for ages.

deppard
deppard

I don't know where to being. Had my first one in 1992 when studying engg. I've since then earmarked HB Siprits for extremely special occasions where I need to make a unique and classy statement as a gentleman. Its my numero uno among my Antaeus, gucci por homme, paco rabbane, Van Cleef, Drakkar, farenheit, chopard vetiver, kenneth cole, Jean Paul Gaultiers etc etc. My next pick is Bel Ami by Hermes that I bought up 2 yrs ago as a Boss Spirit back up.

In one sentence: Spirit is the epitome of rare sophistication. Men's perfumes don't get any better then this. This is how a sophisticated man should smell like.

Best of the best. Good projection. Amazing longevity. Fascinating sexy yet classy and mature aroma. I would stress on the word classy and distint.

sparkling clear burst as you start. Mild citrus & very strong herbal opening. Then gets very warm and sensual. You have to let it settle. An hour later it becomes mesmerizing and just exotic on the skin, with a powerful woody chypre, leather, tea and tobacco combo that continue to the drydown. Touch of woods, spicy herbs and a very smoky and resinous tenure in the middle that clings on. A whiff of woods and deep forests. Very complex, very warm, very appealing. But not like a savage!

A classy connoisseur gentleman who oozes power, style and uniqueness . A First among equals. In his best suit. At his very manly and sophisticated best!

I am just glad that I can still buy it online as the house had stopped it years ago. I wonder why? For candy and floral smelling kiddos? bah!

Ben's Aldehyde
Ben's Aldehyde

A wide-open-spaces sagebrush and leather scent with a smoky galbanum note. (Sagebrushes are artemesias, which is why artemesia notes evoke sagebrush.)

It starts very soapy, but quickly warms up and becomes pleasantly salty. It crackles with flint-and-steel sparks (that's probably the patchouli).

Some relative left me a bunch of unwanted samples of this scent during my teens, and I wore it for years without knowing it was meant to be a men's scent. I was so sad to find out it was discontinued.

It smells of a warm, sunny day in Big Sky country. It will be much missed.

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

Defenetly LOVE THIS COLOGNE IS STRONG AN SOPHISTICATED perfect for winter,,it reminds me of safari sometimes but this cologne will squash safari anytime of the day,its better in everyway this is a mans cologne good with suits an formal wear,,

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I am afraid to review this one, because it is so gorgeous and unique that I am afraid I will create other fans that will bid against me in the struggle to grab the few remaining bottles on the planet. This is a fairly linear fragrance, but the scent itself is one of old school MASCULINITY!
If you are a fan of the vintage No.1, you will probably like this one. This does not have that loud honey note like No.1, and instead replaces it with beautiful heady wood. If Gucci Pour Homme is a creamy wood, this is a light RICH wood. If you are a fan of the vintage scents, you are going to want to check this one out. The opening is filled with beautiful florals, with a rich sandalwood filled drydown. This also has listed in the notes, 3 different types of the same species(?) of plant...notably artemisia, wormwood, and tarragon. I have recently noticed that I am quite a fan of artemisia, and obviously there is much of that herbal aroma in this mix. This is one of the most wonderful fragrances I have had the pleasure of testing, and I will be getting a full bottle of this. Happy bidding!

guest_PEDRO MARQUES
guest_PEDRO MARQUES

ALELUIA SEING THIS AUTHENTIC MASTERPIECE IN FRAGRANTICA.THANKS FOR MAKE MY DESIRE A REALITY.AND SO RAPIDELY,I SEND JUST YESTERDAY AN EMAIL ASKING FRAGRANTICA TO PUT THIS SCENT ..AND THERE IT IS.THIS IS A WORK OF ART.A POTENT WOOD/LEATHER SCENT WITH AN INCREDIBLE LONGEVITY.THIS IS AN EXANPLE OF PERFECTION.THANKS FRAGRANTICA

Boss Spirit by Hugo Boss 4.57 out of 5 based on 37 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Spirit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Spirit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Spirit by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Spirit by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.