Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Boss Sport Hugo Boss for men

Boss Sport Hugo Boss for men
dislike

Boss Sport is a fresh, active and aromatic fragrance for men from 1987. Top notes: bergamot, lemon, lavender, marigold, juniper, artemisia and mandarin. Heart: tarragon, clary sage, rose, geranium, mace, jasmine, lily and carnation. Base: patchouli, cedar, vetiver, sandalwood, musk, oak moss, amber and tonka.

Lavender Artemisia Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange Juniper Marigold

Carnation Jasmine Geranium Nutmeg Tarragon Rose Lily Clary Sage

vetyver Musk Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber Tonka Bean

Boss Sport Fragrance Reviews

Bbjr
Bbjr

I do detect a similarity to Boss No.1 in the opening and its a little rough for the first 5 minutes. It then transforms into a buttery rose that's not all that bad. It also seems it has an overpowering oak moss that's trying to cover up the rest of the notes. The drydown is much nicer with a nice Amber/citrus accord. I don't consider this in my top 30 but it's ok for certain times wen you just want something that's a bit different and not mainstream.

farook
farook

The bottle above shows the Aftershave. I can provide the actual bottle (green bottle with red cap)and the box if Fragrantica wants. This is one of the most huggable and comforting scents ever. I don't think this can be worn on a warm day. More for cold nights. It was my second perfume i ever purchased. Perfumes these days can't touch this. Yes, its been sadly discontinued.

houstcs
houstcs

I got this old dusty bottle from a huge 80s lot and this smells exactly like the opening of kouros, which I can't even seem to wash off.

greene knight
greene knight

is there ANYTHING that comes close to it out there nowadays?

Redpula
Redpula

This is honestly my first owned perfume, I was just 15 years old when I bought a small bottle of this and I love it then much as I miss it now. Too bad its already discontinued. I hope designer Hugo Boss will reintroduce Boss Sport again.

Grottola
Grottola

Boss Sport is a fresh fougère that doesn't really act or feel like a "sport" fragrance, and certainly does not smell at all like toilet cleaner to me.

What it does smell like, on me, is a fresh and quick burst of citrus boosted by amber and a buttery-fig accord. I'm surprised the notes pyramid does not list fig, because that's what I get the most out of Boss Sport. It's not unpleasant by any means, just peculiar. It dries down to a smooth, subtle amber and moss base.

Unfortunately, Boss Sport poops out too soon on my skin - I get 5 hours at the most. Otherwise, I think it's a nice fresh fig fougère (there's a tongue twister for ya!), but I wouldn't fork over that much money to have a bottle of this, even if it is discontinued.

When I first saw this appear on Fragrantica, I thought: "You show 'em Hugo!"; as this whole "sport" thing has (IMO) gotten WAY out of control. I was actually surprised to see that it was one of the very first Sport scents from the late eighties! Oh, how I wish I had known of this in the last years of High School! A superbly blended, fresh scent that would have made me forget all about Colours for Men by Benetton...

When I think SPORT: I think outside activities, playing ball in the grass, summer sun, and a little horseplay (just for fun!). BS has all of these and more. The green and citric opening is sheer and lovely and the inclusion of lavender with marigolds (calendula NOT tagetes) is heavenly and brings you outside, like right now, to have a little fun. This just keeps getting better and better. An excellent refined mix of sheer airy florals surround you in the heart and bring to mind warm days and happy summer memories. The flowers are extremely natural smelling and are nowhere near "effeminate", just gorgeous! The addition of green herbs (tarragon and sage...mmmm!) and a pinch of nutmeg is sheer genius and balances them well and gives it a masculine aura; yet, is not all "macho" or saying: "Heeey, Baby!". Soapy? If I could find a soap like this, I would bathe with nothing else! Really folks...WOW!! The more scents one collects, wears and reviews; the more one sees the same combinations of notes in scents again and again. Here, though, what should be oriental and woody with musk and ambery warmth dries down pleasantly clean (NOT soapy, so much) and creamy. Each of the base notes bring out the best in those around them, like a winning team should! Vetiver, tonka and oak moss (dry and beautiful) are star members (the most detectable to me); though there is a bit musk and some very subtle golden warmth, here, as well. Good clean fun, simply beautiful without pretense, earthy without being nasty; Boss SPORT has it all and is just plain great!

Sillage: very good
Longevity: good
Overall: 4.5/5

I used to think that the more notes there were in a fragrance meant more volume (and longevity). This is not always the case, as BS points out. It has many more notes than some other scents that project further and last longer; BUT none does what this lovely scent does: catch the Essence of "Sport" without any of the "clean" antiseptic qualitites some of today's scents do. I would rather go outside to exercise (smelling leaves and trees and flowers while feeling the sun, the earth and the wind on myself) than exercise in an air-conditioned gym or a health club. THAT is the difference between BS and all the others...it gets a little dirty and sweaty; but has much more fun, and just plain feels more natural!

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

A totally unique "sport" scent. Full of beautiful OAKMOSS...big Oakmoss! Some lovely florals as well, mixed with Tonka Bean and a Cedar base for a fantastic creamy aromatic dry down. Highly recommend if you can find. If you love the citrus and aquatic sport scents, you will be disappointed with this one. It has none of either. Big thumbs UP! WOW...gorgeous!

RobbieX
RobbieX

A gorgeous fresh soapy men's fragrance I used to have - discontinued now I think - ahhh pity coz it was fabulous!!

Boss Sport by Hugo Boss 4.49 out of 5 based on 41 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Sport by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Sport by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.