Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Deep Red Hugo Boss for women

Deep Red Hugo Boss for women Videos Deep Red Hugo Boss for women Videos
Deep Red Hugo Boss for women Pictures Deep Red Hugo Boss for women Pictures

Deep Red is aimed at strong and active women. This fruity-floral aroma opens with notes of black currant, pear, tangerine and blood orange. The fresh and mouthwatering opening is followed by ginger leaves, freesia and hibiscus accords of the heart. Woodsy sensual finish is composed of sandalwood, Californian cedar, vanilla and musk. It was created in 2001.

Deep Red was created by Alain Astori and Beatrice Piquet.

Clementine Black Currant Blood Orange Mandarin Orange Pear

V Absolu
True Red

Deep Red Fragrance Reviews

vanillary29

Deep red was probably the first fragrance I ever called 'my signature'. I'm reviewing this again because my previous review just doesn't do justice to the flawless beauty that this perfume is. I do not agree with this fragrance being labelled as citrus because this is basically a warm vanilla and sweet red fruits bomb! There is something so festive about it, it always reminds me of winter and Christmas! Since I've owned deep red, I've also tried out new, more expensive fragrances and found another scent which is now my signature, however I'll always love deep red and I'll never be without that crimson bottle of spicy, sweet vanilla goodness!

avvaca
avvaca

I wore this a lot in my younger clubbing days. It's definitely very warm, a sort of spicy/fruity mix. I could definitely smell the pear and vanilla on me, with the ginger and sandalwood kicking in right when it starts to feel too sweet. Oddly enough, it smells great alongside the scent of tobacco. Excellent longevity.

Panda94
Panda94

This my summer signature scent, just because I love warm musky/spicy scent on me, I find them mysterious with a twist in it and also protective. I am not a big fan of Vanilla notes in scents but this one from Hugo Boss, did a great job! The vanilla melts on my skin and then the other notes come and give a fantastic scent on my skin! It's not to much citrus going on either, but it does pop tho. It's not too much sweet either, but has a great level of that also. But personally I feel the musk compete most with these notes which form a wonderful fragrance together. I Agree with the name so much, It's deep on every note! But without the musk it would not have competed with a win! I feel the musk is a little bit masculine and also dominant, but sexy on the female skin! I have no words it's the perfect summer scent or night out scent! Just smell and try it and you can jugde it trough the day! ;-)

AnaRamona
AnaRamona

It's got the fruity opening, and it gets musky as it dries down. The word for this scent is seductive. Great for winter nights out. My dad got this perfume for my mom like 12 years ago. The scent remained the same after all these years. The dark bottle that it comes in really keeps the perfume fresh.
I'm finally getting a bottle for myself.

Yohji
Yohji

I know that recently Hugo Boss House is not in favour of perfume-maniac's tastes.
*yet a have Hugo Boss Intense on my so -called “sophisticated” wardrobe*
And that things getting “worse” each year – all is caramel, choco and vanilla things, we are surrounded by sugar-bulb!
But still we all were young and carry memories. And one of mine young-days-memories is when I was happy and was wearing Hugo Boss “Deep Red”
I remember the day I bought myself sooooo narrow long pencil-skirt and a very slim jacket and was thinking which perfume would fit to my new job and this costume.
Deep Red was spot on. Bright, energetic, happy, smiley. It was cold winter..to wake up on the morning was dreeeeadful...get into subway..gosh
I was awaking up, sprayed that Deep Red and colours of life appeared. Its so winnery, you cant be a sad looser wearing Deep Red, you just can not. Vannilic ginger, springish tuberose, those weird urban berries...Its very memorable and optimistic fragrance..I really wish it would suit me again...

And God bless Beatrice Piquet for Deep Red and Guerlain L'Instant Extreme...+++

Pinchu Prince
Pinchu Prince

A great perfume. So far the best perfume I have ever used recently. Interestingly almost all of my friends and relatives like this scent. I wished it to be a bit more longlasting. But amazing fragrance. has got a vintage touch

Nanami
Nanami

Very sexy, deep and long lasting.
The only thing I didn't like is I smell cigar here. All the middle notes mix smells to me like pubs-disco-night-alcohol-like party.

I think on the same line is Paco Rabanne Black XS for her, wich I prefer.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

I'm surprised that no berries are listed except black currant - for me this has always been some kind of erotic potion made of forest friuts, ginger and sweet vanilla. Never actually felt like buying this but it's definitely one of its kind and in a way revolutionary, especially for the time at which it was released. I remember the TV advert very well - it really appealed to me and very well defined the spirit of the fragrance!

michellecf
michellecf

This is my go-to perfume for going out in the evening (dinner, bars, etc). Warm, sweet, and sexy. Very nice stuff!

AbbyAtt
AbbyAtt

quite sexy and very deep perfume, not one of my favorites tho

jdawg
jdawg

Smells woody and warm every time I smell this perfume. Not the best but a good perfume which lasts throughout the day.

auroramaria

Very deep warm and sexy fragrance.
On me it's a sweet floral fruity very vanillic and I def enjoy wearing it however it does not last very long on me so I wear an unscented lotion then spray DR so longevity improves.
It's sweet and cozy perfect for snuggling up I also find it sensual according to what mood I'm in.
Ginger and citrus keep it from becoming cloying.
I would repurchase even if longevity is moderate

This is an odd one for me..I'd never tried it until recently and wondered how a Boss fragrance had escaped me but I just figured there's so many that I'd just missed it.
That's when I realised it wasn't for Men.
I was at a friends house and used the bathroom when I scoped out what I had assumed to be the man of the houses fragrances. In a neat line on the cabinet was Cool Water, Drakkar Noir, D&G's The One and this...so you can understand my confusion.
Another (Deep)Red flag for me was the EDP concentration when I read the bottom of the bottle, surprising for a mainstream masculine fragrance I thought.

Anyhow, I had a tiny little try of Deep Red and I have to say I was impressed. I am a bit of a sucker for soft fruity, creamy scents and this one satisfied me. It's rich, warm fruity berries and a definite orange vibe which is both woody and spiced. The base of sandalwood and vanilla is creamy but spicy at the same time which make this less of a light feminine fragrance and more of a sexy nighttime thing or even something a guy could wear. I was certainly tempted by it although I think it would smell better on my girlfriend.
An interesting discovery and a good outing from Boss.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Very deep sexy fruity sweet perfume. Very strong at first. I like it. This perfume is like "Feel your power!"

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I got kind of disappointed of this perfume. I've always had the impression from reviews and the bottle design that this would be a musky, darker and spicy scent. Nope! It's just fruity and sweet. Nothing special about it. Good longevity though, I can give 'em credit for that.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This started with a fruity richness combined with a slightly distressing note-I assume it was currant, which I'm not familiar with but I know can be odd. Fortunately, that dissolved into a spicy, almost anise- like note -- the ginger and citrus jeep this bright, but I think it is the blood orange that gives a sweet, juiciness that is lightly vanillic and had a hint of sandalwood. It seems to dance between fruity lightness and a dark syrupy incense-y quality. It is exotic but not so strange as to seem foreign. It's like Eden's forbidden fruit, dark and light. I like the contrasting personality of this scent and find it very feminine.

melrose79
melrose79

This is my other sexy perfume I wear just for my husband. Hanae Mori being the first. These are both scents that are major men magnets. Deep Red is more mysterious with a slightly smoky, woodsy vanilla with currants. I don't smell the blood orange. I'm not a big fan of citrus smells, though I'll make a few exceptions. This a perfect perfume to wear in the fall & winter, but watch out for all the men you'll have coming at you. ;D You may want to save this for a date or your significant other.

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

That blood oranges! I can't smell it without thinking about a badass girl, haha! Very condifent ;)

blakie44
blakie44

1 word to describe this perfume: sexy! For me it is definaetly a night time going out scent, and i have to be in the mood to wear it, but i really l like it. The blood orange, black currant, ginger and vanilla are the most prominat notes. Wear it with a red dress and a glass of red wine :)

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Ahhhh yes Deep Red. I've been loving this delicious/ day time till night time fragrance since ages. It's always in my collection and there is always a time I come back to it. I really hope Hugos Boss won't discontinue this one. It's such a classic one for me.
I have a bottle of deep red that I've been using for about 7 years (the same bottle) and it has not gone off. The smell is exactly the same as 7 years ago, it hasn't changed a bit. How many fragrances keep good that long? Sadly not many.. It really is a quality fragrance.

pravda48
pravda48

I am surprised to find this does, in fact, smell a lot like Gale Hayman's So Delicious. I would've sworn there was some gentle jasmine in here...

For all the citrus notes I'm getting very little on my skin. Mostly it's a sheer veil of vanilla and creamy-sweet citrus tones that are very beautiful, not at all sharp. Very inviting and tasty! I don't get everyone saying this is 'dark/smoky/sexy', except that I know many men who love simple vanilla scents like this ;) But it's not dark at all.

Sillage seems very soft, longevity sadly is only 2 hours on me (repeatedly). But maybe it works better on others? Considering it only lasts about as much as a mist on me I may swap but gosh it's a yummy scent <3

theposhest
theposhest

Rich scent, good for all ages. The vanilla sets into the skin and creates an almost natural aroma. It's not over powering for those around you, yet it ignites for those close to you. It's very subtle, like smog in winter time,it's mysterious as best described.

When I first sprayed it I didn't feel anything at all. After some time something started to develop, but I think this fragrance is very weak. I really thought that this one would be stronger.
I can smell some vanilla mixed with musk. Quite musky. And that's about it. I don't see what's the fuss about.
Maybe, the tester from the shop was too old or something...because I was seriously surprised how weak this one was.

DragonsPrayer
DragonsPrayer

Wowzas!
I went to a mall in Spokane, WA cause I was looking for a new perfume and I was debating between Burberry: The Beat and Gucci: Guilty (Black- the regular doesn't smell right) and then I see this long cool red bottle, had no idea Hugo Boss even made women's perfume, so I asked to smell it on a test strip...it was intoxicating...ONLY Gucci Black smelled great on my sister and the test strip but really horrible and ungodly on me, so I spritzed myself, I fell in love but wanted to make sure and walked around looking at the Poisons by Dior (which are gross btw and old lady like, grateful I didn't buy Midnight Poison on ebay that one time) and it started changing, first was musky and woodsy then turned out gingery, floral and orgasmic!!

within 10 minutes I was texting my best friend telling him I am now one again with another perfume since I grew tired of Cacharel's: Amor Amor after using it for 9 years!!

Another one I fancy is Calvin Klein's: Euphoria and my sister has been looking aimlessly for Indian Summer by Priscilla Presley, but to no avail. :*( well, least I have Hugo now!!

*Also, it does have a hint of "Root Beer" scent like one reviewer put, but when it reaches that phase it blends nicely with the woodsy/musky scents that swarm around like being engulfed in a sweet (but not overpowering or too young) whirlwind of well, perfection. I guess the Root Beer-ish scent comes from the Ginger, Sugary and Vanilla notes.

veenuh
veenuh

This is a sensual fragrance. Fruity woody sweet and warm. Every time I wear this I always have one hell of a night! This is a very sexy scent. Men are enticed by this perfume.

Aferdita7
Aferdita7

Deep Red is absolutely perfect for the woman who loves fruits, florals, and vanilla. It definitely doesn't smell like today's cookie cutter fragances but is modern and timeless. I love the way it smells from beginning to dry down. It's strong enough without being overwhelming and has great lasting power.I sometimes mix it with Juicy Couture's Couture Couture just because I love the combination. My other scent is Coco Mademoiselle. I buy my Deep Red on Fragrancenet. Their service and prices are great as they always have a coupon. Thrilled when I wear this!

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

Deep Red is one of my new favourites! Juicy blackcurrant, blood orange, sweet vanilla and spicy ginger.
Yum! It is a strong, feminine and sensual fragrance. I don't know why but this perfume makes me feel in control and confident. Lasts around 5 hours on my skin and has great sillage without being overpowering.

Overall, a gorgeous fragrance that makes me feel feminine and strong. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a sensual, sweet & strong scent.

lirael00
lirael00

Uau, love it. Totaly unexpected, now I have to buy myself a bottle of this potion. It's all about black currant and forest fruits for me. When I smell it on myself I imagine that I'm a Snow White being lost in a forest full of shrubs with raspberries and other wild forest berries trying to find a shelter and meanwhile getting intoxicated by all the wild scents surrounding me. Sexy forest fairytale for adult women. Amazing.

khatsar
khatsar

I've loved Deep Red since the moment I discovered it while working a fragrance counter in college. I worked around and sold so many forgettable scents, but the memory of that one stayed with me for years until I finally bought a bottle. I think I love it more now than I did then. There's nothing cerebral about my reaction to Deep Red or the way it makes me feel-- SEXY.

Deep Red opens with sinfully juicy fruits and quickly dries down to a fresh, lightly musky gourmand temptation. This is heady stuff, yet it possesses a fizzy quality thanks to the ginger and soft florals that waft over the sandalwood and cedar notes. This is one I spray and walk into rather than applying directly to pulse points. When applied correctly, Deep Red melds with the skin to become a sweet, enticing and divinely sensual aura wafting from a woman's neckline.

Erin perfume addict
Erin perfume addict

I don't dislike this one however, I can't help but think of root beer when I wear this.

Musky4
Musky4

Deep Red is another perfume that I revisited recently, having not worn it for about eight years, and I couldn't remember why I hadn't repurchased. Well, when I sprayed it on again I found the opening just as beautiful and unique as I'd remembered. However… those top notes faded so quickly on me, within minutes, leaving nothing behind but a very faint, watered-down, slightly masculine trail. Even that faded to nothing. That is why I didn't repurchase all those years ago, and I won't be buying it now either as I'd only be disappointed. Such a shame for a perfume that starts off so promising. Very frustrating.

peppermint_07
peppermint_07

A sexy sultry lady wearing a long red gown. Her natural dark curls cascading down her shoulders. That is the image that comes to mind when I smell the top notes. The blackcurrant and blood orange almost makes it a citrus scent, but the vanilla gives it sweetness and maturity.

And then you start talking to this woman, and you realize that she isn't as sophisticated as you initially thought. That is what happens when the middle notes come. The ginger and tuberose together is sickening, makes me want to gag.

This perfume taught me a very important lesson: NEVER trust first impressions. Beautiful opening, but it wasn't able to hold its own in inner substance.

Rosetaire
Rosetaire

Smells like sweet fruit and vanilla ,very boring and doesnt have Any sting to it

edge42
edge42

Very similar to Escada's Magnetism, but more versatile and almost as lovely. Where Magnetism is more of a romantic scent, this one can be worn almost anytime. One of, if not the best fragrances from Hugo Boss' entire line-up.

olga.stefan
olga.stefan

I wanted to review it for a long time now since it is one of my favorite fragrances and has been so since I was 13. What I have to say about it, however, has a cautionary tale dimension :)) So: My mother received it on her 39th birthday, but, with her being more of a fresh-green grass fragrance lover, she wore it doubtfuly, always complaining about its cloyig sweetness. I, however, was very drawn to it, while also being painfuly aware that the time to wear this beautiful creation and identify myself with was yet to come. Wearing Deep Red as a teenager and young adult is, in my opinion, somehow inadequate. You cannot be taken seriously, the fragrance will always be the exact opposite of what you are and it clearly does not go with juvenile acne! I waited until I turned 24 to finally go and purchase it. Never before did I feel 100% percent entitled to :). Ofc, this story is very subjective and not meant to be discouraging. I'm 25 now and still feel too young for low cut evening gowns :)) It could be that younger female would be able to wear it with grace. I only know I felt like I didn't. For me, the exact same restrain manifests towards only two other frags, and those would be Dior's Addict and Kenzo's Jungle. Although I know that, at some points in my life, they will become my signature, I still feel that time is yet to come. :)

In the more on/topic terms of how it smells: to me, it s orange blossom, smokey vanilla, fresia, sandal wood and musk. Outrageosly sexy. I got a lot of compliments from men while wearing it. :)

diksha725
diksha725

EDIT : This is totally a winter fragrance. I used this a lot in winters last year and all the layers of the juice came out really nicely and the longevity was credible. I stopped using it when summers came along because I had already used more than half. Then a few months back, I put it on a hot day, thinking the orangey blast will lift me up. It did. But in summers, it didn't last even 3 hours. I only got the top notes for the 1st hour and the middle notes for a painfully short time and then it vanished. The magical dry down never came along :-( I guess, you can wear it on a summer afternoon for a little while if you are looking for an uplifting fruity orange whiff. BUT THIS ONE IS MADE FOR WINTERS. On a cold day, it lasts really long and all the layers come across really nicely and gradually and is pretty impressive.

_____________________________________________________________

This was my first perfume by a luxury brand. I quite like it.

The moment you spray it on, you'll get a sweet citrusy blast. At first I was actually disappointed because even though it was pleasantly sweet, I was not looking forward to citrus and was afraid that this was a mistake as I was looking for a much darker fragrance. After sometime, the blast dries down and engulfs like a warm blanket. The black currants and blood orange hints still lingers but in a pleasant way. I get whiffs here and there but it never overwhelms me.

But the dry down is where the magic really is. On my skin, the the dry down is more layered and complex. I guess it's the vanilla, musk and cedar that play nicely within the citrus ingredients. You can never really pin point the blood orange and black currant notes in the dry down but you'll get their trail hidden between others.

The alternate play is really seductive. Sometimes you get sweet, sometimes darker vanilla or a very coy orangey whiff. It is Deep for sure.

The longevity is pretty good. For me it lasted a whole day. Sometimes the dry down remains till the next day.

The silage keeps changing. For the first half hour it will be very strong because of the orange blast. It then decreases gradually but never dries out completely.

kattleia
kattleia

the first perfume i bought for myself. the advertisement then featured the supermodel Anouck Lepère and it was so inviting. to my curiosity i searched for it in the mall and WOW... i fell in love with DEEP RED at first sniff! the blends of vanilla, citrus, and woods,,.. lovely! very sexy, sensual and elegant scent with good lasting power. great for everyday use =)

onome
onome

i had this back in school and it was so great on me. really love to have it again though..

homeagain1471
homeagain1471

I adore this scent! I had this back in my early twenties and now, everytime I smell it, it reminds me of snowy christmas holidays, big fluffy jumpers and a special someone who meant alot to me back then. People keep saying they get the fruity notes strongest in this fragrance but for some reason on my skin, it's overwhelmingly sandalwood which I love. It still smells nice on me but I recently came back to it and it didn't have the same impact as it did before. It will always be one of my favourites though.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

This is definitely a fragrance for colder months.. the blood orange & Black currant creates a very distinct & sweet note to my nose, too sweet actually!it may be too "seductive" a scent for some, including me. I associate this scent with kitten heels, sexy black dress and red lipstick. No doubt about it.. its sexy! :)

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Not too sure what I can add to such a well reviewed fragrance....

Deep Red is the first fragrance for women that I have tried from this house. It is a quite a unique scent considering the use of the strong blood orange and black currant note. Sadly I find the fruit cocktail vanilla blend too sweet for my liking. Also when I tried it I thought it was pleasant but I felt like it did not suit my personality...I was expecting something darker smelling and this ended up smelling very bright and vibrant.I think this was my biggest issue with the fragrance. It is more warm and cozy like others have described rather than edgy or sexy. Overall it has great sillage and lasting power. I think anyone who likes strong fruity fragrances would enjoy this one. I think it is a pretty safe scent though and easy to wear. Pretty unique as I mentioned earlier because of the notes they used in it.

lollsazz
lollsazz

This is a very easy to recognize scent - it might be because all of the notes in this don't quite mix together, but are easy to smell individually. It's quite long ago my mom had this, but I still remember a few things about it for sure:
1) I kinda like to get whiffs of this from others, but would never wear it myself - it kinda makes my throat close up
2) The combination of notes in this seems quite weird to me. I would describe this as being blackcurrant, citrucy, spicy and... dry. For some reason it reminded me of rice-cakes and a cold winter. It was kinda dry and crisp (as in fresh) at the same time.
3) It's definitely a winter scent, doesn't matter day on night, but winter, for sure.

Dionne1024
Dionne1024

This one is for the winter. It is LOUD but once it settles it's smells pretty good.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

This is certainly a well made unusual scent, but not for me ...It was a gift from my sister but I would never buy it myself as I am into florals more ..I recommend it for Winters & when you put on elegant coats ..Can't imagine it in Summers or Springs at all even in Autumns , it would be just too dark for it ..I never got compliments for it though it is very elegant & sophisticated ....

camarillo
camarillo

I hear many good review from fragrantica. this is blind buy but I really love the perfume. smells so good :)

I like the smell of this fragrance, its smells sexy. i bought this to my wife and i told her to wore it at bed time because its make her more sexy

M.Golightly
M.Golightly

My mother once wore this fragrance and I love it. I think women who wear this fragrance are no doubting confident, sexy and mysterious.

vanillary29

Starts with a bang of fruits! And mellows down to the most creamy, musky vanilla. Elegant, intense and rich. One of my most favourite scents ever. Its hard to not feel amazing about yourself with this on.

edviga.rama
edviga.rama

This is a very warm,cozy and sensual perfume.I like it a lot,but the most important thing,is that, this is the perfume that my hubby loves it a lot on me.I don't know what happens,but when I put this on,he can't get off me

starvega
starvega

After coming across this one a lot in the forums and reading reviews, I knew it would be a pretty safe blind buy for me and I was so happy to finally find it for sale here in Australia (seems almost impossible to find, not sure why given the popularity?).

On me, upon application this is a gorgeous, rich vanillary cloud, but I am SO disappointed in the sillage and longevity. It is literally gone after an hour unless I push my nose against my skin, and even then it is barely there. I have worn this five times now and each time I am upping the amount I spray on myself, in the hope of getting a few hours out of it. I'm up to five sprays around my neck/décolletage and then one on each wrist, and it is still gone after an hour. Heartbroken!

perfumequeen23
perfumequeen23

Why haven't I ever tried this?! I recently got given this in a swap, I've noticed a few people talking on the forums about it so decided to give it a shot.
Well to my surprise I love it!! I have recently gotten in to trying vanilla fragrances and in this one I love it the longitivty could be better on my skin but apart from that 8/10

HypnoticPoison
HypnoticPoison

Deep Red is a very mysterious fragrance...

The first hour I can smell a lot of black currants with a hint of orange. The vanilla adds some more darkness to the perfume. It lasts about 5 hours.

The bottle could have looked better, but the red colors are perfect for this perfume. It is very deep and red...

LieneHelena
LieneHelena

This used to be my signature scent at high school, the consultant in shop told me that it is a scent for brunettes, a deeper vanilla fragrance, little bit mysterious... reminds me the song of LADY IN RED... I loved it for years :) but then too many of my friends started to LIKE it as well... so we broke up :)
Now after many years, living in country of liquid sunshine(Scotland), I just felt that need for this warm, cashmere like fragrance, memories of summer evenings at sea coast, sunshine...
One evening on my way to work I passed a group of strangers- all I heard was they told to each other, she smelled sooooo beautiful... it put a bright smile on my face :)

den1011

Don't let the label "citrus" mislead you. This is not a citrus scent at all! (At least not on my skin). As someone stated below, it's definitely a musky scent with hints of vanilla, very sweet (though not overpowering). It's quite "elegant". And despite being an eau de toilette it's rather strong. I love this perfume, and I usually get compliments when I wear it. The only letdown is that it doesn't last very long on my skin.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

I was gonna blind buy this but THANK GOD, I found a tester! I expected this really sexy, dark and daring scent....what i got was something highly unexpected....I got a man's scent, no really, ON MY SKIN.....I smelt like a man, I got tons of cedar and ginger on me it made me gag and it was awful and i was devastated cause these wonderful notes belonged to me!
I'm not convinced that this is how it smells on me, so next time i'll go and try it on first thing and avoid smelling anything else before it.
I hope it's another perfume that reacted with it.
This is not my final review, i'll be back to prove myself wrong!

freddinos
freddinos

Not at all my taste,I can detect some hints of woody vanilla mixed with bad synthetic fruits. It smells like a shampoo and to my nose it is cheap and uninspiring. It was a blind buy but will get rid of it asap! Sorry fans:(

semsem_sunshine
semsem_sunshine

I used to see this perfume on the perfume counter all the time but never touched it, I always thought that I'd hate it (maybe because I hate the bottle so much!)
until I smelt it on my friend and I was like OMG what's that gorgeous scent! and I bought it right away
I don't consider it very unique or very sexy but it's absolutely one of my faves :)

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

I used this one way 2 much. I was just in love with it. I am afraid a few years of intense passionate love with this perfume will make u stay off it for the rest of your life...lol Its a strong feminine perfume. U cant go wrong with it. i just over did it...sorry =(

YURITA
YURITA

This is one of my favorite fragances! I am absolutely loving it!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Not entirely happy with this fragrance so I put it on ebay, there's no citrus notes whatsoever. Its just pure muskiness and I really dislike musky perfumes with no depth.

po
po

Deep red is quite pleasing. There are not too many perfumes that strike a neat balance between young - playful - flirty - fruity with some edge and character. I'd rather call it an introduction to orientals than a fruity floral, actually.

Starts with an intense blast of fruits (mostly blood orange and blackcurrant) which are very delicious. I often find fruity notes hard not to end up into something generic and here they don't.

Then I get the exotic kick of ginger and at last it develops into a playful mix of juicy fruits, mildly spicy ginger, the lovely sandalwood and not too sweet grown up vanilla.

The flowers are not really noticeable to me but judging by the notes I find the idea of combining the dramatic tuberose with the delicate freesia and the salty hibiscus quite unusual. The notes are well blended and I'm a bit surprised considering the fact that I normally find ginger and hibiscus rather unappealing.

This perfume unfolds as time goes by and every stage is more interesting than the previous. It certainly evokes the feeling of warmth and inner tension, has good longevity and sillage is nearly perfect: neither nuclear strength nor close to the skin.

I wouldn't call it sophisticated but for a fun night out with girlfriends it would be a perfect match.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

I do like it because it's quite sentimental to me...
I think it's too sweet though and I would never buy this again.
Too much vanilla for my liking, however the black currant and musk/sandalwood combination is quite enchanting and warm.
I think the meaning of 'sexy' is lost on me, becasuse I knew so many older women who wore this for years and I cannot associate this fragrance with 'sexy' anymore.
It is defenitely memorable and it won't be unnoticed. It is quite long lasting.
It strangely reminds me (in the mood) of Diesel Zero Plus. Maybe it's the warmth and the vanilla.
(2)

Fragrance Lover Forever
Fragrance Lover Forever

I used this perfume for the first time today. I think it was fabulous!! It smelled a little different but good first, but it smelled even better when I applied it. All I can say is I really like this one =)
But I dont think it lasts that much long.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

It is warm yet fresh. Makes me feel strong and confident. I am not sure that I think it is that sexy though.

metallarissa
metallarissa

I bought this as a blind buy because I fell in love with Hugo Boss Intense for Women, which is supposedly similar. In short, it's nice, but not my favorite.
At first smell, it's warm, fruity, and sweet on my skin. I definitely pick up the orange hints here and there, mixed with a bit of vanilla and musk. It smells good, but is also reminiscent of other perfumes I can't name at the moment...it just smells really familiar and somehow, a little common. It seems romantic/sweet/sexy and "young."
After a few hours, the sweet vanilla and musk take over on my skin. I can't smell any woodsy elements at all. In fact, after a few hours on my skin, it smells almost exactly like the base notes of Hugo Boss Intense, so perhaps it is my body chemistry.
The sillage is average, but not great. Also, I wish it lasted a little longer/stronger on the skin. I can barely smell it on myself after 4-5 hours (3-5 sprays in the a.m.). However, what's left of the smell is a faint but sweet, sexy vanilla/musk combination, which is pleasant enough, if you can get close enough to me to smell it!
In sum, not my favorite scent, and doesn't top Intense, but I don't regret buying it. I don't plan on buying another after it is gone, however. Just too close to Hugo Boss Intense and not unique enough for my tastes.

xabaras
xabaras

The vanilla hits you first, then the oranges come through in the most elegant way. A fragrance that hugs you in a warm hug, slightly spicy in a pleasant and not overwhelming way. And then the vanilla merges with woods and stays with you until it fades, several hours later. A lovely fragrance with character. Every woman should have a perfume like this on her dressing table.

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

I just won this on ebay. Woohoo! A blind buy too I might add. I just had a good feeling this was the warm sexy scent I have been looking for and I was right. This perfume is intoxicating! At first spray I smell a bright citrus fruit. Then, shortly after this warm woody vanilla smell moves in and has stayed for 5 hours now. It is indeed deep and heavenly. I love that I can smell vanilla, but it is NOT sweet. It is very long lasting and 1 or 2 sprays is plenty. I have tried hypnotic poison and dior addict and I like this a lot more!

ninius
ninius

Wow, very strong scent. I smell a lot of black currant and blood orange. Stings a bit my nose at first sniffs. Maybe so cause I'm not used to this kind of a smell before. Very unique.

liiva
liiva

Red it is right color for this. Sweet like love and piquant and giddy like a passion. Not very defiant but with little mystery.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

This one was my first "real" perfume (one that wasn't celebrity or cheap one) ever. I remember it being warm and loglasting and always getting compliments when i was wearing it. Somehow i got sentimental and bought a bottle of it recently. Well, the smell is still the same, but there are no compliments any more. Maybe because this one now has just poor silage and laasts too short on me, or maybe because there came out so many new and good fragrances since this one was launched, that this one has just became old-fashioned.

Youmi
Youmi

i like it.. its smells kinda sexy.. but i dont like the packaging.. too decent

Jellybean
Jellybean

This one's interesting....
Creamy sweet florals and crisp citrus with dose of attitude. It's been worn quite frequently, in my olfactory memory recall. Blood orange comes out really nice here, then tuberose, black currant and vanilla.
These notes accentuate "warm creamy sweet, sour citrus scent" to sum it up.
Smells expensive too. Excellent silage and it'll last thru all day of a shopping trip:)
The more I sniff it, the more I like it!
It's a must have:)

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I have a bottle of Deep Red, I've had it for a few years now, I blind bought it and kept it. It is not my favourite and I don't think I will buy another bottle but I wouldn't be able to give it away (as I do).
It is sweet but grown-up sweet, different to gourmand sweety smells, it is spicy and more mature and 'bitter'.
I took it out of my drawer yesterday and sprayed it on myself, it lasts quite a few hours, it is not the most powerful perfume ever, but it is enough. I think it would be more suitable as a going out smell but I have worn it during the day. I got quite a few compliments, I find it quite sexy.

Bachie
Bachie

This is my favourite perfume, EVER. It's a gorgeous scent, one that you keep sniffing at your wrists for. It's good for all ages, though I think it's quite sophisticated and I wouldn't buy this as a first perfume for a young teenager. If you bought this on a whim you wouldn't be disappointed.

guillermostf
guillermostf

i tested it once and i said: different and sexy. Nice one, maybe the best for woman from hugo boss.

ruski-lady
ruski-lady

Wow wow wow! I bought this without testing based on your reviews and I am so glad I did!! Thank you dear fragranticans! This is the ultimate sexy perfume - berries, spice and vanilla are blended beautifully here to create a rich, seductive perfume. I can imagine this being worn by Penelope Cruz - red lips, black dress, smoky bar on a hot summer night. Although it's a fruity vanilla, I think the hint of spiciness in it makes it a lot more grown-up. I can definitely see why many men say that this is the one that drives them wild. If I was still single, I would be wearing this out clubbing - this one is dangerous.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

I liked this at first, but after a while, I found the citrus notes just didnt last long enough for me.

halinka80
halinka80

I fell in love with it and bought it soon after it came out. My perfume collection has grown considerably since then, but I always have a bottle of Deep Red at hand. It's fruity, woody, warm and delicious and I feel great when I wear it. I guess it's not for the faint-hearted as it makes its presence known :). Or perhaps I overuse it :). It may not be the most sophisticated and ground-breaking fragrance in the world but I love it and out of all my perfumes, I get the most compliments on this, even from complete strangers at a bus stop.

And they say love doesn't last!

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I made the mistake of sniffing this when I had a cold so I dismissed it as something floral like Burberry weekend and I thought it gave me a headache.

Two days later I tried it again and it blew my mind. For me, this is a soft cashmere-y vanilla. I don't get any citrus or berries---just a warm decadent smell that makes me want to smell my wrist again and again. It smells maternal yet devilishly sexy.

My hands are itching to get a full sized bottle of this.

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

Once I was at a department store and I was just looking around when a salesman came to me and said he wanted to recommend Deep Red to me. No one ever said that to me so I was pretty astonished but he said it was a real brunette scent. I really like Deep Red, it's seductive and sweet really something for a confident women. I do agree with everyone who says it's a bit masculine. It reminds me of a mens cologne (a damn good one lol ) My only complaint is the bottle. Why putting a lovely concoction like this in such a hideous bottle?

Jonayla
Jonayla

I bought this fragrance first time years ago, when I fall in love it, because one of my friends wear it.

I think this is most unique fragrance what I know. No other fragrance don`t smell same, not even a close.

On my skin, first what I smell is vanilla. It`s dominant. Also blackcurrant is well represented. It`s powdery, deep and very womanly. It`s make me feels comfy autumn & winter days. I never wore this one at summer. For me scent last my skin hours. Just love it!

Fizzy
Fizzy

All about blood oranges. Top note is to cry for it, so lovely. I am fruity-floral scent lover. Than two hours long it stays a cheap drugstore scent, Then comes a beautiful blood oranges scent again. Sweet. All in all for me - a good juice especially for evening.

Devorita
Devorita

Sexy, cozy, warm. I use a tiny spritz for work when I feel feel like wearing it on winter days. Suitable for a cold night out in winter or a windy autumn. Do not over spray it; you'll give headaches to others :)At the beggining it could be sharp, strong Guys tend to like this. Lasting power is 4h. But it remains on your skin or clothes. I doesn't go, it's there...subtle, sexy...yummy! Not an everyday perfume.

ritacatita
ritacatita

Hate when cannot use something I love because of its poor longevity. Really, really poor this one. On me. Seems there are lucky users as per previous posts. I am envy, here.
Tested here at office with other 3 perfume maniacs and the result was the same.
At home, used the trick of body lotion and then, DR. Did nor work...
It is so lovely but unfortunately will not have it again. And I have to spray so many during the day that my bottle will be soon empty.
I like the heavy ones yes, but with those, two sprays maximum lasts and lasts. So, cannot be exaggerating here. I do not drench myself in perfume. And for me it is very useful to know about projection/longevity in the reviews. It is as much important as the “smell” itself.
So, my contribution to the ones that also find important about longevity/projection is that, although is a lovely “smell”, it does not last.
To the ones who does not concern about that, dresdendoll say it lovely.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

My goodness does this smell amazing! My nose has been glued to my wrist! Thank you vaiduaku for recommending this to me!
This has quite an oriental feel to it I think. I was surprised by the opening, as I thought this would be a super heavy scent, but it slowly builds and unfurls it's magic. I can hardly say I pick out many notes distinctly asides from recognising a vanilla undertone, but now that I see the pyramid, I agree with the top rated notes of blackcurrant, blood orange and sandalwood. It has a thick quality to it, so that while you can kind of tell there are fruits there, they're blended incredibly well and are in no way juvenile. I can feel a hint of dramatic tuberose as well.
What this reminded me of was Cacharel Amor Amor, except the latter feels younger and more summery. Deep Red feels grown up and somewhat enigmatic. It has a lot of depth and very impressive staying power so you get to drink in this fantastic smell for a really long time.
The scent makes me think of a rich plum colour rather than red, as I don't feel like it's very flashy. It's entrancing. Didn't expect this from Hugo Boss who have a series of underwhelming fragrances to me.
The only thing I don't like is the bottle, as I feel this scent deserves something a bit better, but it doesn't matter much - this was love at first sniff!

auroramaria

I adore this scent, it's so warm and cosy but longevity is really poor on my skin so I layer it with its body lotion and it just smells great and lasts so much longer

Siniorita
Siniorita

I love it, however I wear it only in a chic outing at night, it's very sexy for everyday's life in my opinion.

Deep Red is a wonderful scent, but don't get along with my skintype at all, it just gets bold, sticky and overwhelming. Very alike Oscar de la Renta Violet, but Violet is softer and a little bit milder.

Deep Red är en kraftig jättehärlig doft men den funkar inte alls på min hudtyp, på mig blir den stickig och övermäktig. Mycket lik Oscar de la Renta Violet, men Violet är mjukare och mildare än denna.

svetlanacbn
svetlanacbn

This is such a wonderful fragrance... I had it years ago and i liked it. But now, after ~ 6 years, I can say that I love it. The blackcurrant mixed with clementine and vanilla makes this a great late autumn & winder perfume. It makes me feel so good when I am wearing it. Wear it with nice red lipstick on and red nails for an extra effect. :-)

Lakambini
Lakambini

I just feel warm, pulled-together and confident when I have this on. Starts out with a spicy-green note that reminds me of the experience of cutting and gathering tropical ginger flowers, then evolves quickly to a creamy, but very clean vanilla, which is pretty much the dry-down. I spray it on my scarves and sweaters for the experience of luxuriating in its soft understated goodness. I don’t think of it as “deep”, nor “red,” nor even “sexy” in the conventional whip-thin, belligerent, snarling-lipped sense. But if “sexy” means bringing out the best in me as a woman, then, sure, this fragrance is it.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

I was totally hypnotized when I first smelled Hugo Boss Deep Red!

This perfume is just bizzare and heaven to my nose. It is a powdery yet citrus filled spicy blackcurrant vanilla combo which has just enough ginger to give it some depth. The perfume is just drop dead gorgeous.

I won't say any more here simply because words alone cannot describe how stellar this perfume can be - if applied in the right dosage.

lbean
lbean

I don't get much citrus from this. It's a very warm, woody and musky scent on me. Very sexy! Unfortunately, I don't have much use for it, as it is definitely a wintertime/autumn perfume, in my opinion.

tandi
tandi

Deep red is deep, dark,warm and has a sensual vanilla-y base. Its a like for me.

baf.22
baf.22

I like it :)

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Hugo Boss Deep Red is sexy, bold, and sweet. This alluring elixir opens with sensual vanilla, spicy-sweet black currant, and juicy blood orange. Light under tones of clementine and ginger with a dry down of fresh cedar and sandalwood. Definitely a must have for the vixen inside of you!

almarie
almarie

I tried this for the first time today at Perfumania and I can see why it is so popular! At first I thought it was too strong, but as I continued to smell it throughout the day, I really began to enjoy it. I will definitely be purchasing this one!

lccflor
lccflor

A very sensual scent, inviting. Transforms any woman into a goddess desired by all men. You go out for use and rock.

leeyah87
leeyah87

The more I smell this the more it makes me think of Victoria's Secret Very Sexy perfume MINUS all the peppery spice. I much prefer Deep Red - it's sexy without smelling skanky. It also reminds me of Christina Aguilera By Night and Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle.

mellie
mellie

It´s sexual perfume,soft, fresh and really sexy. men love it. it´s a headturner, definitly for a romantic use or a date with a hot guy. its a must have for a single woman that wants to go out, you´ll get a lot of attention in a good way.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

my grandfather, a very worldly, well traveled man, bought me this perfume, along with rive gauche when he came to visit the states.
i was so head over heels in love with dior addict at the time and not anywhere near the parfumista i am today, that i did not give this a fair chance, and i passed it off to my mother.
meanwhile, he had gifted my mother the largest bottle of ysl paris and she was very happy with it.
several months passed and while i was snooping in my mothers vanity while she was out, i sprayed myself with deep red. i asked it back from my mother, but she wouldn't hear of it and shooed me out of her room lol.
tonight i wear it again and it is a sunset of vanilla, dark deep boozy vanilla and anise --though not listed--.
its very sensual, boozy, sultry, and reminds of me of hot sensual july passionate nights.

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

This is one of the best, it´s very sexy, soft, sexual fragance & warm. Smells like orquids, not an ordinary perfume. I got a lot of compliments from men. Definitly a must have for a romantic night or an interesting first date with a guy you want to get to know better. men seem to like it better than women, its a headturner for a good reason. Total men magnet. Love it, love it.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

I always have this one in my "perfume-collection" . I adooooore it ! It's so deep and sensual . Very hot !

The best scent from Hugo Boss .

piapedersen
piapedersen

A scent that I have to be in the mood to wear... It's quite strong and it stays on your skin for a long time. I love the notes, especially for evenings and I do get a lot of compliments when I use it. I aggree with kittymeow84: if you are going out to 'hunt' this will fit perfectly with a short, low-necked dress and beatiful high heels... Perhaps tha's why I don't wear it so often, since my husband is easily caught ;OD

kay_dee
kay_dee

very warm and sexy scent... so vanillary, most friends said it smell like sarsi the drink hahaaaa..

Xiang1Shui3
Xiang1Shui3

I have purchased this fragrance multiple times. It was a favorite of mine when I was twenty to about twenty-two/twenty-three. I felt so sexy, sensual, and womanly in it. Dangerous even, I'd say. Unfortunately, I dropped the last bottle I had while it was still half-full and it shattered. It was a sad day in a perfume-maniac's history. I haven't re-purchased it yet...it is more fall/winter to me, and since it's June right now, I'm going to put my dollars towards lighter fragrances. But this is a classic, and I know when I purchase again in the fall I'm going to reach for it frequently.

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

Oh wow, this may just be my next purchase :O

Tried it out in store today and I just fell for the feminine, but not TOO feminine side of it. Fruity BUT woody as well, not sickly sweet. Youthful yet mature. Elegant. Classic. Love it!!!

Sweet enough. More fruity floral fragrance.

Most of all I feel the the blood orange, the blackcurrant, the ginger flower, the vanilla and the sandalwood notes in this fragrance. The clementine note is also noticeable.

Not bad, but I don't like this fragrance, because it reminds me masculine fragrances. Maybe because of the blood orange peel scent. Not my cup of tea:)

Flamenca18
Flamenca18

Absolutley adore this scent. It is both sexy and sophisticated. It reminds me of my trips to Spain. The ginger and blood orange notes are really quite lovely.

Blondine28
Blondine28

It doesnt have nothing to do with the idea for the strong woman, but it is very fresh and somehow reallya perfume for a girl. and it lasts

Riss1028
Riss1028

A mix between Armani Code and Hypnotic Poison. I absolutely LOVE this!

MabelEarth
MabelEarth

If you have a sensitive and picky nose, forget this one!!

Vicottia
Vicottia

Deep red is very feminine.

Naranxito
Naranxito

I do not know the reason, but in this fragrance I always get some juicy cherry :) This scent will keep you cozy in winter, it's very warm, sensual and really deep.

beatrix75
beatrix75

ohoooo the best hugo frag ever !!!elegant strong "deep"red smell sexy sultry jammmmi perfekt for any ocazion!!

jlashmbarbie
jlashmbarbie

To me this is a mature and Wintery/Christmassey fragrance. Predominantly musky vanilla, it smells, as I often tell my bemused BF, how I imagine the colour red to smell.
Very sexy evening winter fragrance.

cheeky_lollipop
cheeky_lollipop

i always described my fragrance by the vibe of personality it radiates while it's on my skin... this one is the kind of sultry mysterious scent that i love to put on at night... playful and sexy... and it stays with me throughout the night too... a good scent with praisable longevity defintely is a musthave in my book...

dbrii24
dbrii24

I tried this today and I must say I was impressed. I was actually looking to test out Deep Red's sister, Hugo Boss Intense but they didn't have it. However, Deep Red smells gorgeous. What I love most about this is that you can't smell each note individually. It all blends beautifully into one. This is a sweet fragrance but it's not your typical sweet, fruity floral. There's a very sexy vixen hidden in this...she's shy but she's there ;)

may_perfumeaddicted
may_perfumeaddicted

I liked this scent a lot, but what stopped me from buying it was that it completely disappeared in 30 minutes or so. And usually, most perfumes last all day on my skin.

Morticia
Morticia

Nice one,very rich with a deep floral(or fruity) note after it dries down . Unfortunatelly it doesnt last long on my skin, on the other hand it has a great sillage.

den1011

Really nice fragrance! But unfortunately it doesn't last long on my skin. Such a shame! That's why I use it during daytime, because it doesn't feel too strong on me and dries down pretty quickly.
But it's really warm, so I'd say it's not suitable for summer days.
On others it smells really sexy and heavy but not overpowering. Very feminine! My friends love it!

Note: those who don't like woody/vanilla scents, stay back!

barron_esse
barron_esse

Sexy night perfume.If you have a good attitude you can pull it of even in the daytime.For me,is the 1 million for women:)

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Very deep and sensual . Red fruits , sweet vanilla and mysterious musk make this perfume so beautiful , so interesting . I like it a lot . Longevity is average , about 4 hours . Positive vote .

Raina
Raina

If you've ever smelled or used argan oil, or "moroccan oil," then you essentailly know what this smells like. I tested this out a couple years ago before I started using argan oil haircare products and it smelled rich and fruity in a way that evokes the color "red." Very true to it's name. I bought the largest sized bottle of this with that scent in mind. Now that I have a bottle of it I'm really dissapointed. It smells overwhelmingly and exactly of argan oil with some barely-there fruits. If you like the way argan oil smells, then maybe its for you. Too bad for me I cannot stand the smell. If I wanted to smell like this, I'll rub some of my moroccan oil on myself.

babylima
babylima

fruity and rich. it can b reli strong at the beginning but i really enjoy its drydown.
my boyfriend likes this on me unfortunately its not too longlasting

Mar Tha 11
Mar Tha 11

I'm just in love with this fragrances , but it's time to change it, want something very very similar to this, what would you advice ? )

scorpiodivamarian
scorpiodivamarian

I just got this one I liked the top notes very much so warm and rich but sadly it fades away in no time to something pretty musky &faint ,that's too bad :(:(

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

I have a sample of this and I'm sniffing it now and then,until my bottle arrives! I've worned this last night,after the shower and going to bed...Hmmmmm
Wow this feels amazingly soft and sexy sweet!!!
Too bad my husband was allready sleeping......GRRRRRRR!!!

BIG EDIT: YYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! JUST GOT IT FOR MY BIRTHDAY,BUT 2 DAYS EARLIER!!!! WHAT GREAT FRIENDS I HAVE!!!! YUUUUUUPEEEEEEE!!!!

icekat
icekat

Deep Red is a vixen in a sexy red dress. She will lure you at first with her sweet and innocent gourmand smile but at heart she is bold and tantalizing seductress. The red hot color fits this fragrance perfectly. I admire how this fragrance masterfully combines the gourmand, sweet notes with very sensual musk and sandalwood. The musk is very strong in this fragrance but surprisingly it does not appear to be so. It is cleverly hiding behind the strong berry gourmand notes appearing to be cute and innocent. I love the dynamics of this fragrance!

The opening is citrus notes and berries with a distinct note of ginger. The scent transforms into sweet and abstract floral bouquet. I cannot distinguish the floral notes here but perhaps the hibiscus-like notes are the strongest ones. I can smell the musk and sandalwood notes lingering in the background. The dry down is intense and sweet musky vanilla and woods. The musk becomes stronger and stronger as the time passes. The scent’s sillage is strong and the longevity is wonderful. I could still smell the musky dry down 11 hours after applying the scent.

Overall score is 7.5/10. The composition of Deep Red is modern and a bit synthetic but the synthetic part does not bother me one bit in this fragrance. It works wonderfully here. If you like gourmand fragrances but with a grown-up, sensual twist, I would definitely recommend trying Deep Red.

Gabriela
Gabriela

How could this fragance be discontinued? I just don´t get it...

I had it many years ago, and I currently own a dupe that is almost identical to the original...

Deep Red is basically a Gourmand scent with some sultry/fruity notes dancing around the vanilla base...

I love how the vanilla base holds the rest of the notes together, making this a rich, deep, dark, sensuous and very sexual fragrance...

Right from the start I get the black currant and the blood orange notes, as well as the vanilla. Then the ginger steps in, and adds a mild spicy undertone that remains and tempers the citrusy notes. The vanilla becomes increasingly present and darker...I love the dark, misterious vibe Deep Red projects...

I think it feels similar to Hypnotic Poison when one wears it, just the feeling and the vibe...I wear it and feel like a femme fatale from the film noir era...or maybe like a gothic bellydancer...

I recommend Deep Reed if it suits your personality and if you have embraced your dark side...you must necessarily love Gourmands, if not you will not enjoy it..

Wear this one with caution, I swear men go wild with this one...

LadyNem
LadyNem

I had it, but I didn't like it. It somehow didn't work on my skin I guess, it became sickingly sweet.. so I gave it away.

I don't usually find it hard to describe perfumes, but I have a hard time with this one. I really can't make out any particular fruits, nor do I smell ginger like everyone else seems to smell. For me, this is intense vanilla & sandalwood with what I would call a "generally fruity accord" (whatever that might mean). The notes shown above make it sound like it could be fresh and floral, but it's awfully rich. The scent is borderline gourmand. It's sweet, but thankfully not synthetically so. It's quite unique; can't say I've ever smelled anything like it. I agree with a reviewer who says that the bottle doesn't represent the fragrance. This bottle looks deceptively sporty, and I think the juice belongs in a more elegant bottle. Lasting strength and projection seem very, very good.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Very warm and unique scent.

I do not get any citrus .

Not something I personally would wear all the time because even that I find it wonderful I can see that I may tire of it very easily.

For me good to wear on a special occasion or just when one wants to feel special:)

Tovah
Tovah

Deep Red reminds me SO much of the Poison of the 1980s. On my skin it emanates the same odd, slightly fruity, slightly rancid, but very eerie accord I get from original Poison. I can't exactly describe it, but to my nose it seems like it's inspired by a moon garden: Start with flowers of Night Blooming Jasmine (specifically the yellow flowered Cestrum nocturnum)+ Brugmansia arborea (yellow trumpet flowers) + Pittosporum napaulense (also yellow flowers), add a little clove flower, then soak all these blooms in deep purple-black elderberry wine, and you'll get something close to this accord.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Wonderful fragrance. Very warm and deep. I hate the bottle but it's misleading. The juice is sexy and seductive. If you love warm and juicy perfumes, this is the one. Very popular, so not very original but still, amazing.

n.hidayah

Bob123, are u sure the smell is gone after 5 seconds are u r being sarcastic here? Even if its longevity is soooo weak, any normal person can still smell it the first 10 mins at the least. U better be true man or Else u need some check ups with the doctor.

fath1ma
fath1ma

Finally.. :D I am glad to have this Deep Red. Distinctive perfume for me, maybe because I don't have any perfumes in similar like this yet, I mean not sweet, florals, woody, fresh even not fruity. All balanced!
The fruity, floral and spice become a god harmony in one bottle. Sometime it reminds me to a 'thing' that I like when I was a child, maybe hot ginger candy. lol
On my skin, stay for 2 hours only, but I don't mind at all..
If this makes the money rush in for Hugo Boss brand, why it should be stopped ? Don't they know the customers' demands...???

sofababe
sofababe

Sexy, sweet and spicy and very warm. A perfect winter perfume. Deep Red is absolutely delicious and a great compliment generator. Sillage and lasting power are both incredible on me. I'm a huge fan of Deep Red. My bottle is almost empty so this will definitely be on my list of must haves in the post holiday sales!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I've worn Deep Red for years, and I think it was more popular in Europe than in the states. I haven't heard of any women here wearing it, but in London it was a hit. It's warm and spicy, but also has a good amount of fruits and florals to tone it down and balance it out. That makes it more wearable, but still very sexy. I know most people voted vanilla as the main thing they smell, but I disagree. I think it is stronger on the sandalwood, cedar,and musk.

evy.gc
evy.gc

UNIQUE! That’s the best word to discribe this amazing sweet and mysterious scent. Very delicate and at the same time loud! For me its just perfection! … it makes me feel feminine, sexy and complete! Rich perfume, the ginger + freesia its just heavenly! TRY IT!

Nicole79
Nicole79

Hmmm.I don't like Deep Red at all ! My sister had it years ago and...it was ok i guess, nothing i would like to spend money for!
I remember it was pretty strong and powdery.
I don't find it sexy at all but annoing !
Pass !

sistertricked
sistertricked

I used to wear this five years ago. It was my comfort cheer-me-up scent. Sweet woody red cherry vanilla in a perfumey way. Gourmandy and classy at the same time. To be used in cold weather, in fact I am reaching for the sample I am left with very often lately and it always wins me over. One of my great favourites, slightly similar to Gloria because of the vanilla and the red cherry effect. Higly recommended!

Bob123
Bob123

I am sooo in love with this fragrance BUT the real negative is it really does not last! You put it on then 5 seconds later it's gone......really annoying because the smell is sensational I really love it!!! Wish it was stronger :(

Esta NM
Esta NM

so sexy!!! i luv this perfume.....

jennibean
jennibean

Citrus?!?!? Seriously?
All I got out of this perfume was Musk, Musk... and Musk. This perfume gave me such bad headaches and I found the smell suffocating, so I tossed it. I would have donated to one of you guys if I had known there were so many fans of this perfume!

Now that I'm a member of a perfume loving community, I shall make sure my unwanted perfumes go to a loving home :)

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

sexy ,adorable, deep red is unique and timeless , recommended for romantic nights specially in winter

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

This is one of the first perfumes I ever bought.

I got it about 8 years ago, when I was in my early 20's.

Still love it, unfortunately it has been discontinued :(

I also like to pair this with Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea in the fall and winter.

maricuchi

mmmm it´s the sexiest and yummy scent ever!!!!!!!

Whit
Whit

I ordered the body care online and the lasting power is great with just the lotion. To me, this is a masculine scent, but in a good way. Honestly, I think a guy could get by wearing this and no one would ever know it was a woman's perfume. I don't get much sweetness but I get some of the opening fruits in the composition. As for the dry down, it's warm and woodsy on me and I love that. It doesn't smell like Euphoria, but it reminds me of it in the way that they are both masculine smelling frags. BTW, I bought this without having knowing what it smelled like; the notes sounded so good, I just knew it was going to be up my alley. It is long-lasting, sexy, and seductive. It is strong, so have confidence when you wear it, otherwise you won't pull it off. If you're into the more masculine-smelling scents, like Euphoria, you would like this one too. Hope this helps anyone that might be on the fence about trying it.

Rya301
Rya301

He chose this perfume for me and i must say that it's a very sexy smell! Sexy and elegant at the same time! It makes me wanna dance in very sexy steps ;)

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I have only recently added some Hugo Boss fragrances to my collection and I must say I am truly impressed with Pure Purple, Woman, Intense.
Deep Red is no different :-)
It is actually a seductive, sexy potion, making me want to put some bright red lipstick and red lace lingerie on.
It is similar to Hypnotic Poison in its feel (no similarity in notes, though!), it is deep and rich, most suitable for an evening wear or a hot dinner with breakfast date :-)
Even though its olfactory group sounds ever so innocent, don't get fooled - Deep Red is not a fruity compote. It is sexual elixir which is quite potent and lasts for good 6 hours.
Then, it calms down a bit but my partner can still smell it on me...if he dares to come that close :-)
The bottle gives you the taste of a thing to come...
Deep Red is a sensual juice and if applied sparingly, it may be worn to formal meetings or conferences to boost your confidence.
9.5/10.

kville
kville

This is too sensual.. so seductive scent, it last long for more than 12 hours. I still smellin it on my skin tho. Good for making out! Let bring the fire alive with this scent!

maricuchi

love so much the sweet vainilla with the fruits, just a perfect combination. not too strong, but thats the greatest thing about it, even that it last a long time!!!

pcelica
pcelica

it is like strong and very seductive woman , beautiful. at firs like cherry... warm, exactly like deep red

missymary
missymary

Smells like delicious hot fruit syrup, but the magic is the spicy ginger. It adds up to an exciting suggestive sexy potion. It's special among the fruity class because it's a spicy oriental too. I love it and I only wish it lasted longer than about an hour even after generous spraying.

dadulka82
dadulka82

love it, one of my favourite fragrances from HB
it is so seductive and sexy!
it is a definite keeper

JohnMc
JohnMc

Sensual, seductive, fruity, sweet, enticing and ever so slightly spicy and warm - if/when a woman walks past me wearing this I always turn and think "umm, who smells so nice and attractive?"

yiska mukiat
yiska mukiat

my lifetime fave perfume.. at the first time I bought it through my friend, I had no idea how it would smell like.. after I sprayed it.. I love it.. and now I buy it again and again.. love it so.. :)

aneid
aneid

I have been using it for years! This is my signature frangance for sure! My lifetime favorite =)

GataBella
GataBella

i bought this and wore for a long time just cause my bf at the time chose it. i'm so sorry but i can not stand this scent. so not me. too intoxicating, in a bad way! :( i think it must be the musk. lesson learned: wear only what you love and what you feel beautiful in!

wind83
wind83

first i smell, OMG its delicious, sexy and yummy.
very me..LOL.

the top notes, i smell a little orange.. and the middle the ginger, and i dont smell any hibiscus or flower..

the base notes. thats sandalwood, musk.. i really like it.
beautiful and best perfume from HUGO. Great job.

Peggspark
Peggspark

Sexy and seductive. This could easily be my signature scent! LOVE IT!!

LaGari
LaGari

Deep Red is delicious and sweet in a sultry way. Its not exactly unique - I find it rather similar to Clinique happy and Armani code.

I get a lot of orange & vanilla but I also get the sandalwood & spices which evens out nicely .

Its not over the top like many sweet fragrances out there, but still youthful, vibrant & modern. Its very likable and inoffensive.

kittymoon
kittymoon

This is the older sister of Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy. Take the fanta out of the orange and add blackcurrant. It dries down to a similar (in this case blackcurrant)-vanilla spicy cupcake. It's actually rather comforting and soothing, I don't find it dirty enough to call it sexy, but definitely more grown up than HF.

Lasting power is really good, I spray it on in the morning and can still smell it in the evening.

Vamy69
Vamy69

If the color red had a smell it would be this! It screams deep red! Sexy, bold and daring. A must have for any vamp!

NG
NG

this one get me back 7 years ago, with this scene " walking with a long black coat in an evening winter night with a guy smoking and holding my hands"!

i do respect this one!

brusweet
brusweet

Cozy! That's how I can describe Deep Red. Sweet, fruit, vanilla. Perfect for the winter, at night or during the day, it's delicious, guys LOVE it!

takeasniff
takeasniff

Ok I wish I could smell what everyone else is. To me this is just vanilla with some non descript spice. It lasts 5 seconds on me. I got the edp and had to pay a fortune for it. I got it because I tested it and thought that's a nice warm smell not too offensive. That's right because no one can smell it on me including myself! Well, I am glad other people are enjoying it, it is good to hear when people find a perfume that really works for them. This one doesn't for me.

midnightsun
midnightsun

i loved it ! but i noticed that it's a bit similar to HUGO BOSS IN MOTION for men !!!!!!
is it me ?or somebody else think that too??

n.hidayah

smells mysterious and make women feel expensive about themselves

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I've always liked Hugo Boss perfumes and this is my favorite one.
It is mysterious, elegant, sensual and provocative.
My ex-boyfriend loves it and has admitted he bought it for his girlfriend now.
Unfortunately it does not last so long as I could ever wish (not in my skin but hair), but it is not a big deal, It's worth it.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Have some left, its almost gone. It is a deep sexy woody vanilla sweet fruity scent with a musk undertone. I like it. The bottle is also a cool color.

Sissi
Sissi

This should be called Deep Orange because on my skin
I get a blast of Juicy Oranges and Mandrian I expected something more deep and intoxicating worthy
of the Color that made men drop to their feet when a
Madame comes struting and use her wiles
for suduction or in the middle ages people feared it was the symbol of the devil and mortal sin but instend it's tame with no silage it fades within 15 or 20 min I would like it to have more spices mixed with incense with pomergrate to fire this up it's not bland but nothing to wright home about.

melody85
melody85

Weeeeee! so excited, I just had this delivered today after a blind online purchase. I bought it based on all your good reviews, so i had high hopes. I now can completely understand why it is described as a sensual sexy fragrance. It's classy, delicious, addictive, and captivating. The name is so fitting, it smells rich and deep and it oozes sensuality. I love it!

twillocks
twillocks

I just got a sample and I don't much care for either.

mlxo7
mlxo7

I have to say, not sure if I've ever been more confused with a perfume. I read one rave review after another, and so I purchased this from Strawberry Net without smelling it, because I couldn't find it in any stores in my area. I was expecting something sexy, a bit rich, slightly vanilla and fruity - all sounding perfect to me, however I'm left completely in the cold, where it smells exactly like a cheap cologne, something like the dreaded Lynx all the boys at my school used to spray in the back of the bus.. so very disappointed, but I've still got the bottle just in case one day I spray it and its become the magic everyone has described it to be!

Edit: my mum sprayed this on herself after I gave it to her to try and it smells lovely on her!.. maybe its just me after all!

baby on board
baby on board

it calls the person you love..

omixochitl
omixochitl

This was one of my first perfumes and I still love it.
I agree with the many reviews that say that this fragrance is one of the sexiest perfumes ever.
It's not floral-fruity in the traditional sweet way. On my skin, it is actually more oriental. I think it is ideal for the evening. I love it on my skin from the first spray and all the way through the drydown. It never gave me a headache and lasts a long time. I love it and think that this is definitely not a mainstream perfume.

deepikapandey45
deepikapandey45

It makes u feel sexy :)

belleve
belleve

Soooooo sexy. I used to wear sugary perfumes, but this perfume is diffrinet for me and suitable for evening.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

Dusty, dusty, dusty. To me, Deep Red is like entering a dusty, yet somehow clean, old attic, filled with various pieces of wooden furniture. This might sound odd, but I also imagine a person completely fitting in a super-smokey bar/nightclub while wearing this fragrance.

I understand the Kenzo Amour references as well as the Hypnotic Poison reference, though Deep Red has less 'kick', and is so much lighter than either of these (including Kenzo Amour in EDT form!), so that tells you something. This is such a light fragrance, that it doesn't even pay for me to own & wear it. I personally think that one cannot over-spray Deep Red. I sprayed it at least 10 times in the last half hour, and it's barely noticeable at all. Even on my clothing it is this way.

I purchased a 90ml bottle yesterday, and regret it so much. I certainly hope that the store will return this, for the bottle I bought was the last one on the shelf, and without even a tester for it. And even though I did test this one a few years ago, I just assumed it would smell the same way to me(obviously it didn't). So as the saying goes, TEST BEFORE YOU BUY.

cowgirl64505@yahoo.com
cowgirl64505@yahoo.com

This is my daytime perfume, it's slightly intense but since I don't work a normal business career, I can be outside the box. I've worn this for approximately 3 years and always get lots of compliments and zero complaints!

aelias
aelias

Excellent perfume, in theory. But this one goes on totally flat and disappears in no time. I cannot believe the poor staying power on this one...

NNN
NNN

Deep Red is the kind of perfume that I don't know how to describe... It's so different!
I'm usually not a big fan of vanilla, but the other notes make this fragrance so amazing!
It's an unusual combination that really works!
Very sexy and seductive! Like a smokey club sexy, perfect for nights out!

Saintkitty
Saintkitty

Deep Red was my first fragrance in the age of fifteen. I saw it in cosmetic magazine and decided to buy it immediately. Later on I bought a mini of Deep Red.
I used to wear it for every disco party in my school. At that time I felt myself full of energy and sexy, hotblooded and seductive.
I still remember this scent - very sweet and very energetic like a glass of fresh blood orange juice! But it wasn't cloying, its sweetness was a sweetness of ripe citruses and hibiscus in the heart of a fragrance.
Deep Red is the best floral fruity ever! It has a tempting flame inside!

Sparks
Sparks

Loved this when I first got it but now I would say it's turned to a deep and abiding affection. It will always be something I reach for on certain days, but is no longer in my regular rotation. It's a lovely scent but...so many lovely scents left to try.

movs
movs

I love fruity perfumes but I’ve had some difficulties finding an evening fragrance from this group. Reading the many positive reviews I decided to give this fragrance a try and I was not disappointed.

First impression is black currant and white flowers on a base of vanilla. The scent is a bit cherry-like and reminds me of a lot of other popular modern evening scents, not the least unpleasant just very common. Then warm ginger makes its way and prevents this perfume from being boring and linear. The bold combination of ginger and black currant is very alluring and makes this fragrance quite sexy.
The sillage is extremely good and among the nicest I’ve smelled.
In the dry down the fragrance turns into a vanilla scent on the floral side and becomes a bit musky as well.

IMO fruity florals aren’t characterized by their great lasting power and I find the longevity of this fragrance being average to good compared with other fruity florals.

Something so rare as a sexy fruity evening scent.

In 3 words: ALLURING - SEXY - WARM

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

I just sprayed this on 20 minutes ago and as I sit down to write a review, I sniff my wrist to refresh my memory of the scent. But lo and behold, the perfume disappeared!!

But from what I can remember when I first sprayed it on, it had a sweet scent that definitely reminds me of Hypnotic Poison. But unlike Hypnotic Poison, this one pulls a magician act and hides the scent after just 20 minutes. That's a new record for me.

I'll give this perfume the benefit of the doubt and just assume that I received a bad sample. :-/

norlyz
norlyz

sexy and beautiful!i'll never grow tired of it

Niunia
Niunia

I like it, but somehow it makes me tired. Smells to me a little flat and plasticy. Anyway I like it and many people asked me what is it.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Surprised. After reading all the reviews about how warm , sexy and spicy it is I finally got a whiff last night. I was waiting for something like Hypnotic Poison or Beyonce Heat. NOT !! I didnt get any warmth , no vanilla , no spice at all. It was like a dull fruity , maybe cherry smell. I was dying to smell it and bathe in it after the reviews. Just average to my nose. I'm really beginning to question my olfactory senses ??? Everybody loves D&G Light Blue and it smells like grandma White Linen to me and others smell a devine floral. WTH is wrong with my nose ? I love Hot Couture , Leau The One ..... does ANYBODY else have a messed up nose like mine , lol ? Sigh

Faith17
Faith17

LOVE IT! That's all I can say. When you walk into the room heads turn, when you walk out of it people start talking about it! It is great for special occasions and nights out! And let me say it again LOVE IT! There you go.. :)

dewibluebell
dewibluebell

I forgot how much I love this, I used to wear it in high school, it's still in my top 5. Sonia's totally right, it has a TP essence. To me, it smells like the cardboard cylinder from the inside of TP/Paper towel. The other thing I like about this fragrance is that it doesn't go on any "scent-tangents". After the top notes burn off, the scent remains the same. I like this because it's predictable and constant.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is the most exquisite scent in the winter! Summer time-I hate it! Amazing how perfumes morph with the seasons as only the true junkies that thrive on this form will tell you. When I received this scent I could not stand it but now that winter has set in, I have re-tried this scent once again and have been blown away by the beauty of this scent. Im very amazed at the difference in time this scent has taken to my nose! Nice vanilla and caramelized sugar scent this is. Wow just very very pretty. I know this is going to sound crazy but the dry down to me smells like Charmin bath tissue. It may not seem that way to others but to my nose thats what it smells like.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Thanks to Trax I got a sample of this Deep Red, to me this screams PORTO LOVERS FOR THE SKIN:)

I'm liking this and it's more wearable than HP for me, and the drydown is absolutely wonderful....

I agree with TANKGIRL, similar to HP without the killer sweet vanilla sillage.

EDIT- Odd, I wore this today, and poof nothing...the warmth was gone, it turned into a...
FRESH ORIENTAL. I'll have to test this again.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Certainly one of my Hugo Boss favourites. Well done, spicy, sweet, dominatrix and mature. For a women with confidence.
The beguining reminds me a lot of Hypnotic Poison, but I thing Deep Red is way more wearable and sexy. I dont think they smell the same, not at all, but bouth have that "red vanilla vibe" that I prefer on HBDR.
The middle notes are extremely sexy too, I LOVE the ginger. The drydown its a come closer skin scent that lingers for hours.
Staying power amazing, the sillage is gourgeaus.
An amzingly sexy perfume, very "bad girl", very powerfull.
I love it :) 8/10

If you like Dolce Gabbana but feel it is a bit dated you could try this. I think they are similar dolce is stronger and a little more dated. This one is a nice modern ginger orange, vanilla smell but strong enough not to be a childish gourmand or too spicy that you feel self concious that it smells like aftershave. It is a nice in between.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I don't think this a fruity floral at all! Maybe at first. But I really think they got the "group" all wrong for this. I LOVED it. It's warm, sensual, a bit spicy (maybe from the ginger), and in my opinion would fit in well as an oriental. Even the bottle is a dark "deep red" which screams mystery and hints at it having a more sultry character like an oriental would.

Update:

Haven't worn it since my twenties, got a bottle yesterday, and it no longer works with my chemistry. What bummer!

this is one hot sexy scent,deep red indeed!. it has great silage and i get endless compliments on this gem. for those whom hypnotic poison dosn't work for i highly recommend this as dare i say the sexier alternative!

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Deep Red actually smells like deep red!
The fragrance is lovely, warm, flowery and clean but also a bit sexy.
A perfect scent for work, nights out or just everyday.
One of the few that suit all occasions.
Nice one.

With just a quick sniff, it is really floral but not strong and intrusive. It smells more like a rose here but actually a tuberose. It isn't as fruity as it seems because I can't smell any citrus til hours later. But when the fruits appears, its sweet fresh and never gets citrusy. It's actually more like a warm oriental floral scent to me. It's quite a sexy scent too. Somehow, it reminds me of Beyonce Heat for a quick second and then the question arise again and I am still wondering what it smells similar to.

unapol
unapol

I love it. This fragrance is deep, warm and very sensual. It is one of two my favorites. Very good lasting power.

Merve
Merve

When i was at university, one of my male friends said that my perfume was wonderful... And now, after years i still wear it but i can say that it is not my signature perfume.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I got this as a second hand cast-off. I quite liked it back in my later teenage years but I probably wouldn't have brought it myself. I have moved on.

Rouu
Rouu

back about 9 years ago!!!

my 1st year at collage ,young,naive that stage when u say
''UM NOT AGURL ,NOT YET AWOMAN ''

thats HUGO DEEP RED!!

sweet,strange and just can swing with ur mood, t can be so pleasant or dark as hell!!
for me it reminds me with alot of good memories ..1st time i sniff it was about 9 years ago on afriend and i luved it at once, then i got it after ayear 90ml bottle and still have it yet,
usually i dunt wear it that much ,when i purchase it there was a DEEP RED bomb burst in my country through 2003,2004 it was the most popular fragrance for females around, u can smell it every where ,so i just kept it away..
now rarely u hear the name so i get it again on my board , and i recognized how sweet it is, so feminine,sweet and warm with a great musky,vanilla ginger base
its weird fragrance ,but i like it

ditaa
ditaa

I love this perfume since 2003 
It‘s really deep, and sweet, long lasting ,so sexy on me  Lots of man, telling me the compliments, that I smell very good and seductive, and then I am with „deep red“ my colleagues at work, always says that this perfume is perfect on me.
Even I am in business negotiation I choose this perfume.

queenssess
queenssess

"I love you lady of chochlate smell" said the younger lover of mine affected by the vanilla notes of th eprefume. I myself loved this scent from the deepest part of my heart since it was the one to make feel as charming as a queen of the night...

little Cinderella
little Cinderella

Very seductive,smokey and dark but in a good way;it makes you feel sexy and confident. the only problem was lasting power which was bad on my skin :(

ktv0926
ktv0926

Sweet and delicious, simple, easy to like, warm, very agreeable with the skin. That’s the pros. As for the cons – not very memorable or intriguing, lacks innovation and thus a bit boring. To sum up – Deep Red would make a nice casual fragrance, without a wow factor or potential to become a keeper.

amber_glow
amber_glow

I really like ginger. And this fragnance is really cool. I can smell the ginger. But the scent is soo light that even the edp tester disappeared after 10 min or so. I have to take a shower with this for a little scent. Not worth buying because of this lightness.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

nice perfume, a bit heavy
generally fruity florals are light , but this one is heavy ,, some touch of oriental
i would use it happily , eventhough it is meant for women.

ananda
ananda

This one is weird! At least on my skin... I could swear it has a rubber note, actually it was mainly rubber on me! It smelled like a weird blend of vanilla, leather and a lot of rubber rubber wih an almost imperceptible hint of giner.
Deep Red didn't work out with my body chemistry. Funny, I really thought I would like this one...

ninichka
ninichka

It's a very boring smell..I just bought it and after a while I couldn't even smell it..and all my friends are like me..at first they adore it, and after a while they almost hate it.

moonwalker
moonwalker

One of my favourites. I have noticed that I am fond of perfumes which have black currant in them but oh my....first spritz of this is way too much black currant even for me...but then it nicely settles and I am left with this warm, comforting, ginger vanilla with just a hint of black currant scent...I just love sniffing myself when I wear this one :) On me this one is very deep and sensual, not smokey perfume. It reminds me of V Absolu Valentino, but DR is a bit sharper and stronger.

It may be a bit overpowering if it doesn´t work with your chemistry so definitely do not buy this one unsniffed!!The sillage and lasting power are okay.

luxlover
luxlover

Sexy scent that lasts long. It's like girl power in a bottle.

albatros
albatros

Deep Red is a very sexy perfume with excellent lasting power. It's not for summer (it could be too much for hot days).

eranaral
eranaral

I can see both men and women wearing this. The blood orange gives it a nice touch. The cedar is kinda noticeable too. A bit on the cooler side (in a good way ). There is some hint of soapy something in it. Almost like a guy's shower gel.
Lasting is not great. 2-4 hours

danimcneil

This almost smells like a hot bowl of oatmeal, with fresh oranges and berries on it, with confectioners sugar sprinkled on top. (with alot of vanilla in the base!)

La Moon
La Moon

This reminds me of the first two years of high school. It was one of my first real perfumes. I lovveeed it and still do. It smells like a deep spicy cedar with a touch of citrus vanilla.It smells sophisticated yet still fresh and young. I may just go buy a bottle when i finish my next two.

danimcneil

I bought this today at Khols. Ive been reaserching it for quite a while, and have gone to test it a few times. And now I Finally got mine! TO me, the top notes are red and juicy with just a touch of confectioner's sugar, and then it goes right in to the black currant/ginger/vanilla that i LOVE! If you are a vanilla lover, but want a little spicey/jiucy kick to add to it, this is your juice!

angelic disgrace
angelic disgrace

omg this has the most overpowering smell of blackcurrant.Totally vile!

taydev
taydev

this smells lovely and i was so close to getting it but like everyone else, it just smelled like a much lighter version of kenzo amour or hypnotic poision. probably better for the warmer months or summer nights. for now i'll stick to my poison.

sohailgagai
sohailgagai

i bought this perfume for my wife and i cannot smell the perfume from her i dont whats the reason , is it too hard or what ..... how much u think my wife should spray .... i dont know what is the reason , does it smell after sometime or what ...... infact i like chic from carolinna harrera .... which dont have much vote here .....
any body pls help me

Trinity
Trinity

Lush, red, sexy!

Very sensual, but in an upbeat way! "Deep Red" is not too heavy or too serious smelling which, at sometimes, can overwhelm you and others around you.

It is a fragrance for women who are at ease with their sexuality and use it in a playful way!

(Top, middle and base notes have others fragrantica members descript already most perfectly, so therefore, I do not see the need to repeat myself and bore you with those details.)

"Deep Red" stays rather close to my skin….but will still be noticed by others, especially men, and will make you instantly attractive to them!

It is soft enough for office wear, which I find quite remarkable! Seldom do I wear a fragrance more than 2 times in a row. But "Deep Red" is the exception…I wear it since 2 weeks and I am still not tired of it!

Two dumps, way, way up!

jatzzie
jatzzie

Wow! Despite the offputting bottle (I very rarely smell anything that has an ugly bottle or buy one for that matter.), this fragrance is, to be extremely cliche, a total gem! Two days ago I was at a perfumery, debating on if I should buy Deep Red or PR's Black XS and I decided to go with Deep Red and get Black XS later.

So Deep Red...It's rich, dark, soft but nevertheless very edgy, warm, yummy, vanillay, seductive, sweet, superhot, fantastic for going clubbing or out, altho yesterday I wore it during the day as well, to test it, for which I think it is also perfectly suitable for.:) It is currently one of my favorite fragrances out of my own.:D It's eatably yummy, I can't stop sniffing it enough.

Now the bottle...Unofrtunately the bottle to me doesn't bring this fragrance any justice at all...It's not very feminine or well that isn't the main problem, but it's kinda like just this you know, red bottle without any personality.Kind of reminds we of a vase or something, lol.

Don't let the bottle put you off, this perfume is supersexy and I am totally in love with it and shall test its "power" on the weekend.;)

sjanira
sjanira

I got it not too long ago at kohls but It's too similar to Sui Dreams by Anna Sui so I returned it. It's not a bad scent but doesn't do anything for me.

hotaru
hotaru

i loooooveee how it makes me feel like a kitten ^^
it is fresh and has a strong impression of a 'cool woman'
the fruity opening, then the 'heavy' yet light smell, and the best part comes in the end. i lovveeee it!and it's my signature perfume :)

falovalo
falovalo

Shyly seductive and sexy. The vanilla comes through very much, but not in the overly sweet, sugary way that a lot of people seem to hate. It whispers "Come to me, you can't resist." One of my new faves!!!

Oh, I think it slightly resembles Givenchy's Pi.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I thought I liked it when I smelled it at the department store, but it's far too synthetic/"perfumy" for me...If it smelled fresher and had a more natural, softer dry-down, I think I would really like it.
Anybody have any suggestions for a scent that has a kind of sweetness like this, but a more green, fresh smell?

I can see how many women would like this, but it really doesn't work for me.

Update: I wore it again today, because even though I detect a synthetic quality to this fragrance, it doesn't feel sharp or soapy. I really appreciated this today because the fruit shines through and the fragance doesn't devolve into a boringly pure vanilla-type deal. I think this doesn't last terribly long, and it seems to be very low-sillage.

Update again:Black currant, vanilla, boring...fail.

guest_dropdeadgorgeous
guest_dropdeadgorgeous

its been my signature scent for years..love it!its sexy yet sweet n very feminine

amandahuang
amandahuang

Deep Red is the type of frangrance that is intellectually sexy which seems to have a different approach to Agent Provocateur's 'shameless seductiveness'. Deep Red is conveying a kind of sexiness that is deeply rooted in a woman's heart and transformed into every movement in life (a smile, a witty conversation, or even a passionate eye contact)...

The opening of this fragrance is very juicy and loud. I really love the exotic touch which comes from the beautifully balanced hibiscus seed, ginger flower & ginger. There is also a cheery-like dilisciousness coming out. Surprisingly the strength of this fragrance only maintains for a short while until the middle note, as for the base I can only detect a very light musky scent.

Trvevil
Trvevil

At first I felt top notes and it smells like washed clothes! It's due to the fact we use fabric softener that smells like these top notes. It's nice and nothing more.
Heart notes are more flowery, I feel tuberose and ginger well and something fruity still too. It's a bit faded already after 2 hours, but I still feel it well. Sillage is not grand, but lasting power seems ok, 4-5 hours.
Like it but don't love. I mean, it smells like washed clothes, don't understand the hype. Nothing seductive or sexy either.

noharadwan
noharadwan

i loved deep red alot , a very warm sentimental.. u can feel very feminine wearing this perfume , ang good lasting power

mirror
mirror

I tested it a few days ago and I am not overly impressed...
It is more on the sweet/warm side therefore I find it more soft and innocent than seductive.
Somehow I smell something rosy in it, not pure roses. It is more of a fruity rosy smell with the sweetness of vanilla.
I see it has a little edge to it (I am guessing the ginger) but after all I expected something more exciting.

luz
luz

Head turner ! The best Hugo Boss fragrance in my opinion. Seductive and well blended, not too sweet, overwhelming or fruity. Black Currant with nice oriental undertones. Sensual, but easy going.

I don't know from where the first notes come to my nose.but at the first sniff it's very spicy and very green.but it becomes mild very soon.
I love the middle notes.it's not a typical floral fruity.to me it smells like black berry,a very rare smelling without any floral dominant scent.the fruity notes are there,without overwhelming.
it's well balanced and it's not repetitive at all.
I see that every body's here is insisting on it's super sexy power.ok,it's sexy,but not to the extend that people over here have described it.
my sister has a bottle of this perfume.she doesn't use it much in fact.I guess it doesn't match her chemistry.not bad,as sometimes I steal some sprays to change my day.

essija
essija

This is really Sexy. Really, I pick up alot of Cedar/Sandalwood and Ginger. Love it. This reminds me of a man too. maybe that is why it's so sexy to me... Love the name.

elm0505
elm0505

It's sexy and provocative, with some vanilla, freesia and fruity notes. Some time ago I was absolutely in love with Deep Red, but a few months later I ended up finding it non-interesting and artificial, although I don't dislike. I just grew tired of it. I don't think I will buy it again.

It may not be entirely original, but I happen to really love this fragrance. It is the perfect fruity floral for women who are searching for something that is young and sexy, but nothing like the cheap smelling fruity scents on the market today. It is surprisingly sweet yet warm and seductive. It's not a fragrance that will make you feel girly and cute. It is more likely to unleash the sex kitten in you and rouse up the men, than be innocent and shy.

I love its unique blend of blackcurrant, spicy vanilla and ginger, which is so comforting and feminine on my skin. The fragrance is also very versatile; it could be worn both day and night, and is best suited to colder seasons. The lasting power is great too.

Deep Red is such a sensual and almost orgasmic fragrance, one that I can imagine wearing with a tight-fitting black dress and killer high heels on a night that a girl just wants to feel and look stunning.

Cherub573
Cherub573

A little fruity sweet on the intitial spray, then... strong, powdery musk, amber, and vanilla. It turns into a sensuous skin scent. I was tempted to buy this for an evening/clubbing fragrance, but my best friend began wearing it, and I hate smelling the same as other people close to me.

I have smelled several other perfumes that dry down to smell almost identical to Deep Red on me, including Armani Code for Women (lighter, little more floral), and Valentino V (bit sweeter, with an anise-like tang at the beginning).

VioletLily
VioletLily

The first time I tried this, I thought I was in love. A soft berry vanilla with a hint of pear and blood orange. As it dries down, some musky woods come into play, I don't get any of the mid-note florals. It's very nice all round, and does have an interesting note I can't quite place. I've gone through one and a half tester sprays of it, but there's just something lacking that makes me lose interest, even though I'll be sitting there sniffing the air and thinking that it smells good and the guy likes it on me...Deep Red just doesn't quite make it there for me.

PS: It is funny how the notes are so different, yet Deep Red is indeed like a less intense version of Hypnotic Poison, but with berry and without the depth, bitter almond, caraway, PlayDoh and other special bits and bobs HP has to make it the gorgeously intensely sensual scent it is. Hmmm, if you don't like those notes in HP, and you're after something lighter, you might like Deep Red!

vtothek
vtothek

Sufficiently fruity without being sugary, this is a very nice scent. It's sensual in it's own way, nothing too overt about it. In fact, it's one of those scents that seduces you as the day goes on. The bases of vanilla and sandalwood give it a deeper feel, and while it's good evening wear it's also good for daytime as it's never too intrusive. I have a feeling that this is the type of fruity scent that those who dislike fruity florals will wear - not too young, nor too mature, and pleasant without being too cutesey. Highly recommended.

Taliera
Taliera

This was something of a disappointment. According to all the reviews it was going to be a sexy (very sexy), deeply sensual fragrance... I felt "red" when I smelt it, but it was lighter than expected, and quite simple. I suggest if you want the "real" deep red, go for Delices de Cartier, which I think is deeper and more complex.

crm
crm

I absolutly love this perfume! I've been only wearing "Wind Song" and "Baby Soft" for years now, and as soon as I tried this on, i've been hooked! Though every time I try to order it,my computer acts up and deletes every order I make!!!

amanda
amanda

its sexy and serious, but i dont like the bottle, and i dont like that boss intense has the same colored bottle, its quite boring, i mean the bottle because the smell is great, longlasting and powerful but still sophisticated and feminine

elgab89
elgab89

I was surprised about this fragrance (I am not a big fan of ginger), I got it as a present from a friend and pushed it back in my closet. A few days ago I have found it and tried it on my skin and I realized that this is actually a very sexy and sultry scent. It opens strong and fruity, I could smell the blackcurrant and the citrus right away! This does not last long and in comes the tuberose with the ginger - which I would have thought it to be a ghastly combination, however turned into something deep and addictive. It settles in the end for a sweet musky smell ( vanilla + musk). Sorry, I could not detect the cedar at all.
It is a daring fragrance, something that says "Look at me!", for a bold woman. I would wear it on a night out, maybe to a club, dancing.

Kimbo
Kimbo

one of the best fragrances from the Hugo (Hugo Boss) side of the range.
Totally seductive rich and divine..

kittymeow84
kittymeow84

A super sexy seductive scent! Knocks men dead. Heady and sultry and RED. Wear it with killer heels and a hot dress! :-D

2007

Hugo Boss Deep Red for Women Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 3 fl oz
Zappos.com
BOSS Hugo Boss - Hugo Boss Deep Red 3 oz EDP SPRAY N A - Beauty
BOSS Hugo Boss - Hugo Boss Deep Red 3 oz EDP SPRAY N A - Beauty

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Deep Red fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Deep Red, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Deep Red by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Deep Red by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.