Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Hugo Dark Blue Hugo Boss for men

Hugo Dark Blue Hugo Boss for men
dislike

Hugo Dark Blue Hugo Boss for men Videos Hugo Dark Blue Hugo Boss for men Videos
Hugo Dark Blue Hugo Boss for men Pictures Hugo Dark Blue Hugo Boss for men Pictures Hugo Dark Blue Hugo Boss for men Pictures

Hugo Dark Blue by Hugo Boss is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Hugo Dark Blue was launched in 1999. Hugo Dark Blue was created by Alain Astori and Beatrice Piquet. Top notes are orange, ginger, grapefruit, lemon and lime; middle notes are mahogany, cypress, sage, geranium and cardamom; base notes are patchouli, benzoin, vetiver, cedar and vanilla.

Orange Ginger Grapefruit Lemon Lime

Mahogany Cypress Sage Geranium Cardamom

Patchouli Benzoin Vetiver Cedar Vanilla

Hugo Dark Blue Fragrance Reviews

saul charbaji
saul charbaji

This reminds me of something from the late 80s or early 90s .... I remember my uncle used to smell like this . Do anyone know what is it ?!?

leecher88
leecher88

Folks

Its kind of dark sweet violet aroma, not too sweet very well balanced !!!

I like it quite a lot

Another plus about this fragrance is that its not complicated its straigt in one direction !!!

I get it as a present and it was to my surprise my taste of fragrance :)

i give it overall 8 / 10

Lasts bewteen 6 and 12 hours it depends on...
Cant say how it projects

recommend for guys who like plum, fruity or oriental fragrances

lisa.e.alexandrea
lisa.e.alexandrea

This is the best parfume for man ....i miss thid parfume so much. This my husband's scent signature...

ro.esteban.9
ro.esteban.9

Excelente para mi gusto una de las mejores !

Cassiano
Cassiano

Normally, I'm not a fan of fragrances from Hugo Boss House, not because of the fragrances, but the fact that they never last on my skin. And, according to my knowledge, this happens to many people.

As much as I understand and defend the theory that lasting is personal and not transferable, still, when many people around the world are demanding the same things about a particular fragrance, it is a sign that this is a common problem in the composition or in manufacturing. Fortunately, that didn't happen with this one. On the contrary, it projects and, above all, lasts very well, like Boss Intense, being the latter feminine.

Talking about the aroma, I feel much of the citrus notes in the output, with the exception of a slight touch of ginger. The heart, floral and woody containing mahogany, cypress, geranium and csage, pleases me very much and is very noticeable. This heart brings more woods and a very light creaminess that makes this fragrance a creamy-woody type, because of its notes of patchouli, vetiver and cedar, wrapped in benzoin, tobacco and vanilla.

In my opinion, a great cologne who looks good in any situation and temperature. It is the proof that every rule has its exception!

Joeri
Joeri

Purchased, tested, discarded.

Hugo Dark Blue is not my cup of tea, at all. I usually enjoy ginger dominant fragrances, so I am a little taken aback by my distaste for this scent.

This fragrance's opening is rather medicinal and strong. It's not fresh but it is unique. Hugo Dark Blue is definitely a masculine fragrance. I think a woman would find this scent difficult to wear.

I believe that there has been some rumours concerning this fragrance's discontinuation. If that is true, I'm not surprised. If anything, Hugo Dark Blue is an acquired taste. The ginger note is dry and herbal, with cedar, cypress, vetiver and sage adding to that thick herbaceous quality.

I honestly wouldn't be too pleased if a partner of mine began wearing Hugo Dark Blue. To my nose, this fragrance is rather unpleasant. As much as I hate to say it, it smells a bit like vomit, at least in my opinion. This could have something to do with the fact that whenever I'm feeling ill, I make myself a ginger, orange and celery smoothie to boost my immunity. The taste isn't great, and neither is the smell.

On a more positive note, Hugo Dark Blue has good projection and excellent longevity. I'll conclude by saying that it's important to try this fragrance before buying it on impulse.

evilspin
evilspin

doesnt say ANYTHING! I wouldnt put my name on it if I was Hugo. Although ppl compare this to other Boss fragrances when theydidnt make this to compete with the others anyway. This was just as a sporty scent or ginger/aquatic scent. Im very selective with summer/aquatic fragrances because most are typical, generic, synthetic or smell like the rest. I have over 90 fragrances in my roster. This one was given to me because they hated it and i took it in to try it or use this one as a work fragrance to not use up my good stuff but quite frankly upon trying this, im a little skeptical to wear this since i dont want ppl associating me with this. its such a mundane scent and the ginger aint special in this. worse, the dry down reminds me of Perry Ellis which i hate. I love Perry Ellis Night though :) for some strange reson its called Night when it smells like a great summer, clean, day fragrance :)

Stockholmspolisen
Stockholmspolisen

Got this for my birthday.
Guess what, I'm very disappointed!

This smells far too synthetic and does neither last or project. I like Boss bottled a lot more than this since it smells more natural and last much longer.

If you want an expensive air freshener which smells spicy and sweet, then this is your fragrance. I don't know what to do with my 75 ml bottle. Perhaps I can save it as a memory of my birthday or use it when I'm going outside for a short while.

mvwso

Já tive alguns perfumes e experimentei diversos, e posso afirmar sem medo de errar: Um dos mais bem elaborados orientais especiados da classe design, distinto, intenso e elegante!

nfzrmn
nfzrmn

This is the best perfume I have ever used, manly, long lasting frag with good sillage...

Kaze
Kaze

''The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood.''

Hugo Dark Blue Is seductive, dangerous, intoxicating, and mysterious.

With a citrus opening and spicy mid, the base brings out the fresh warmth that makes Hugo Dark Blue the devilish potion that its meant to be.

With an elusive suede note, Hugo Dark Blue can somewhat be an alternative to the master piece that was Donna Karan Fuel.

You have to either be a bad boy or the stimulating, captivating, engaging, conversationalist, with mysterious undertones to pull this off. Think of Brandon Lee reciting ''The Sheltering Sky'' in his last interview.

If you're into Woody, spicy and fresh scents then perhaps you should give Hugo Dark Blue a try.

Silage is moderate and longevity is fair. I get 6-8 hours the most.

All year round fragrance. Works beautifully in chilled and relaxed temperatures. I can assure you, ladies love this stuff.

dricosilva
dricosilva

This fragrance become my signature, I use it for over ten years and for me is very unique and I didn't find yet any other fragrances like that. I've twelve more fragrance in my wardrobe like Gucci By Gucci, Armani Code Sport, Very Irrésistible For Men and others but Hugo Dark Blue is the number one.

Deefit
Deefit

I had this some years ago, but they stopped selling it entirely where I live. Then I stumbled upon a good offer on eBay and bought it, just to smell it once again. I immediately remembered the smell and the good memories that came along with it. To me, it get's better after about an hour, when the top notes settle down.

Longevity and sillage are good, but Hugo Boss never dissapointed me in those areas.

khasan
khasan

Not a very good perfume from Hugo Boss. Specially its not like what I expected before bought it. It stays 3 hours max. on skin. Boss Bottled (1998) is much better than this....

Tahir Mirza
Tahir Mirza

Very cool to me & longevity is good.

It has what I call a chemical/syrupy quality (similar to Joop! Jump Summer Temptation). but if that doesn't bother you the spiciness is nice, and it feels like a marine note is in here too. After this faded I got very little, but it was only a dab sampling. When I wear it normally I'll update this review.

UPDATE: Sampling on cloth and I get a lot of spiciness, a powdery element, a little sweetness, perhaps a hint of woods, and still a kind of syrupy or creamy quality. It smells good but my fear is that it will smell synthetic when I wear it normally so I'll report back when I do that.

praveenpnair
praveenpnair

Gud one !! will rate 8/10 .

garett
garett

Bought it original and not fake , but always make me wonder otherwise , cuz this stupid perfume has nothing in it.I smell nothing , just some ginger water.It is just lying there in my closet from 2009 , i wish i never woulda bought it.Even if it does try to give me some smell , it lasts in 10 minutes.May be they forgot to put fragrance in my bottle and still made me pay for this worthless piece of cocktail bottle crap.
BYE BYE BOSS , hugo etc, whatever

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I like it. I dont love it. It's sweet, and with the listen notes, I dont see how it really could be as sweet as it is. I was hoping for a ginger, woody, citrus scent and it's darker and deeper than that. the orange is very pronounced in the beginning giving it a sweet/citrus and ginger opening, then it settles into an almost candy-like wood scent that lasts a good while. It is subtle but not strictly a skin scent. It leaves a slightly spicy/musky/woody trail in the drydown that is my favorite part. I would definitely recommend this to be worn at night, in a casual setting for the summer or fall and winter would be ideal for a warm but light scent.

Stoycho
Stoycho

This is absolutely delicious. Perfect for sex ;)
I love this one!

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

A very strong and masculine scent, that's perfect for evenings and formal wear. It worked on my skin, however mileage varies (as the comments here indicate), and it might not be for you...it's of very acquired taste.

I remember that projection and longevity was huge (at least on the splash-on cologne), as well.

coooolash
coooolash

nice n long lasting .. good for summers ...

overall 7/10

stanky
stanky

A very pleasant rich woody scent. It stays close to my skin and it reminds me of the dry down for Hugo Boss Elements Aqua.

stepburn
stepburn

a strong scent, longevity is great. but it's not for me

ANSD
ANSD

This a very long lasting perfume. Despite of enjoying all the notes of this stuff, there is something on it that annoys me...I can't figure out what.

paul8
paul8

Thanks for the tip, Dad jax - absolutely. I would never have found that out without this website, so thanks to Fragrantica, too.

bellzii
bellzii

Its just my perfect match, its quite lasting too

oxm
oxm

Hugo Boss Dark Blue is a fragrance rich in nuance, in the opening with the surprising freshness of citrus fruits: grapefruit on all that ginger seems to dance to a waltz by Strauss.In the middle the wood of mahogany, with geranium and sage blend in a clean heart and generous (perhaps the most sublime) but the bottom is not far behind (wood and resin) give a tone mixed with the classic avant-garde.
This I believe is one of the best fragrances I have ever heard, the first spray it is hit by a sweetness that accompanies us for several hours ... I would also add that in my opinion that it is not so inflated as originality is me Platinum Egoiste recalls.
to have

Papi
Papi

Fell in love with it, back in 2002.

Masculine, elegant, fits well with formal clothing.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I can't pik what it is but it reminds me exactly of another scent, it
Smells almost identical to something else. I'm thinking something along the lines of Beckham Intimitely.
It's starts of fruity spicy then the wood set in, that sounds familiar too.
I'm not saying it's a copy, just racking my brains on what it is I relate it too.

diamond123
diamond123

i tried this a few years ago and was not that keen
it was rather weak and it smells like a toilet cleaner

jazz444
jazz444

I detect some dried fruit (somewhat Egoiste-like) up top, but then the base notes kick in shortly thereafter. As such, it's mostly linear on my skin, but has superb longevity and tenacity as well as good sillage.

And here's my dilemma: Would I save Dark Blue if the house was burning down? No. But each time I wear it, I'm constantly surprised at how much I enjoy it.

bronstein
bronstein

I've never been a fan of this one, and now it's even starting to smell dated. What I do like about it is the hint of dry fruits at the beginning, a bit reminiscent of Lagerfeld's Jako. However, this particular feature soon wears out, leaving an indifferent, unremarkable, common male scent.

behzad1280
behzad1280

So masculine and nice. Strong, fresh and gentle. But not good longevity.

In my opinion better than other Hugo colognes.

یک عطر مردونه و باکلاس و خوشبو که هم برای مجالس مناسبه و هم برای محل کار
ادکلن های هوگو باس به ذائقه من خیلی به همدیگه شباهت دارن اما این یکی از نظرم بهتر از بقیه هست

مثل همه هوگو باس ها این هم دوام و پخش بوی بالایی نداره و کلا کار هنری ای نیست

واسه هدیه دادن خوبه چون اکثرا می پسندن

Sumeer
Sumeer

I Like this one...a must have in any collection...

mado17
mado17

It is a good fragrance....not extraordinary, nice oriental smell...good lasting power...always receives nice compliments...but cannot be described as a marvellous scent..

guest_Papillon
guest_Papillon

I don't know how to say about this one but I can say Dark Blue is belong to men who like to go to party and pub.You can't go wrong with this one!Sexy and Confidence.

vertigo
vertigo

Woody-spicy-fresh.

The dark side of Hugo.
A bit sweeter, warmer and more distinct than the composition from 1995.

Made for evening and night use, when a man reveals his occult (during the day) countenance - an unstoppable, bursting with creative energy heart-catcher, affectionate lover and a king of pubs and discos.

Made for people who implement their plans and use life well.

Hugo Dark Blue doesn't argue with Hugo. You can use Hugo during the day and it's 'dark' version in the evening. Don't worry that the leftovers of the fragrance on a jacket or coat will react badly with the new scent.

Festive and entertaining character of the fragrance is underlined by the bottle in the shape of a shaker, designed by Peter Schmidt.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

An unremarkable fragrance. It had a strange metallic vibe on my skin that I didn't like.

Not very long lasting, as well... Just another Hugo Boss boring fragrance.

promoscanner
promoscanner

Used this one for a long time, though it has been replaced by others. Pleasantly masculine, spicy and crisp. Reminds me of cola mixed with ginger and pepper.

2007

Hugo Dark Blue by Hugo Boss 3.60 out of 5 based on 352 ratings and 42 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hugo Dark Blue by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hugo Dark Blue by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.