Designers » F-H » Aromatic « Groups

Hugo Just Different Hugo Boss for men

Hugo Just Different Hugo Boss for men
dislike

Hugo Just Different Hugo Boss for men Pictures Hugo Just Different Hugo Boss for men Pictures

Hugo Just Different is a new fragrance by Hugo Boss for 2011, a new edition of the one of the most popular men's fragrance Hugo from 1995. The fragrance is a vibrant, modern with a cool twist, made to “inspire whatever you do”.

Ice cold mint leaves open the composition and lead to the heart of freesia and basil. The base is composed of Cashmeran ® molecule of musk - woody - spicy scent.

The fragrance is available as 40, 100 and 150 ml EDT. The new face of the fragrance is Jared Leto, singer and actor.

Granny Smith apple Mint

Freesia Basil Coriander

Cashmeran Patchouli Labdanum Olibanum

Hugo Just Different Fragrance Reviews

summerdreamer
summerdreamer

I love this fragrance. Just a different Hugo! :)

Bogarde
Bogarde

Refreshing woody spicy scent. The first time Just Different superficially resembles Bleu de Chanel, due to the mint, patchouli and labdanum but of course if you use it a lot of times you will realize that both are completely different. Average sillage and longevity. Synthetic smell but not bad.

Overall: 6/10 . The same thing that i said with hugo boss red, try before buy!

Extol
Extol

I received a sample in the mail. This isn't bad at all. Nothing superb, but not bad in the least bit.

Frankly, it could be a bit more powerful in terms of longevity/sillage, but I mean, for what it's worth, it isn't a bad choice to get. Initially the smell was so-so but as it settles in it definitely gets better.

I'd say it's a good, safe buy for a high school/college student or something.

Legolas
Legolas

At the first sniff I didn't like it but now have the sample and every time I try it I say.. it's not so bad.. generally im not fan off this house,their the best frag is botlled, definly,but this one is warm spicy and quite strong scent.. isn't bad at all..

happyscent
happyscent

Hugo just different - NOT AT ALL different, generic scent through and through - smell like cheap cologne, bench and hayden kho has better offering than this, I do not know what they were smoking when they release this. : DO NOT BUY!

I don't know what happened to Hugo but their fragrances smell like head and shoulders shampoo, deodorant or deospray, checked the internet - and found out they are owned by P&G

ecerusen
ecerusen

james you're right.
this thing is a totally woman magnet i think. i dont like the other overrated boss scent but this one is full of seduction for me.

JamesVT
JamesVT

One of my absolute favourites, very very underrated fragance. Women love it too I've noticed.

bazil14
bazil14

it was only by chace that i came to purchess this scent id heard of it and overlooked it untill today and cannot say i am in anyway dissapointed with this fragrance because its exactly what ive been looking for a minty fresh scent that lasts this opens with a spearmint and green apple freshness that lasts for the first three hours then just the apple midway through then finishes with a comforting cashmere with slight minty undertone before fading lovley scent thats fresh and different projection isnt massise but acceptable longivity is good and can be picked up for a pretty reasonable price verdict a must buy

Very woody, spicy, dry musk and cool freshing top notes of mint.
I like this and it's very wearable in my opinion a fitting name too as it's kinda reminisant of the original Hugo (I don't know might be psychosomatic/Placebo because it's in the same bottle?) but somehow just different.

clh
clh

It is different from other hugo boss fragrances.

Top notes last a few minutes, cool mint and green apply.
Heart notes last 2 to 4 hrs with strong basil and freesia
Bose mote is cashmeran , it kicks in heard notes and last 6hrs.

It is elegant, classy special for middle ages professional with hugo boss vibrant style, comparable to Guerlain, Chanel. Highly recommend.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

This has been a blind buy because I needed a "functional" fragrance.

Very first application (live): Blast of bitter cold mint, redolent of the green note in Aqua Fahrenheit. Refreshing. Now I get a hint of green apple, but the mint is still strong. No woods yet. Is this all I'm going to smell? Wait: it's sweetening up a little... I'm starting to smell woods. The first time I smelled cashmeran was when I sampled TM Alien, so I'm kind of reminded of the woody notes in that fragrance. Woods are the most prominent note right now, though if I smell carefully, I can detect the mint and the sweetness of green apple.

It's been about 15 minutes since I sprayed it on.

It's an OK fragrance, good for really hot summer days. Nothing special or memorable about this one. I'll glady wear it, but probably won't repurchase it.

Sillage: between soft and moderate.
Longevity: about 5 hours on my skin.

jamdavmiller
jamdavmiller

This smells different from other fragrances in the Hugo line, but overall it is common. As you can see from the other reviews a lot of people can name something it "...smells like...". It is a pleasant fragrance. The floral notes are prominent, and if done well I really like floral notes in a man's fragrance. These are done nicely. I like the fragrance, but I wouldn't buy it. No one should be offend by this scent, but I don't think you will impress anyone either. There is nothing to rave or complain about here. There is an undertone reminiscent of the original HUGO. However, I had really hoped for a great fragrance, since I really love HUGO, which I have woren very regularly since '98. The name "Just Different" is a marketing misstep. It begs to poked fun at, as many have, althought, the fragrance itself is not bad. A name like HUGO FLORAL would be better, but, judging from the adds, this would not have reached the market they were looking for.

joeywang
joeywang

very typic hugo boss style, spicy and woody is very obviously but this time with a scent of fruity which is impressive. while the middle notes is too sweet for men,it may because of the aromatic.

lavi2
lavi2

I gave this to my boyfriend last christmas and i looove it! it smelled good in the store, but it just smells amazing on him! he's 24 and not one to wear perfume or cologne but he wears this quite a lot, it's not too strong or offensive

bugmenot2
bugmenot2

i agree in 100 % " it is very versatile and well done. "

DaHitManN
DaHitManN

Finally got my hands on a 150ml bottle of this frag. I heard from the reviews below me, it has really bad longevity. But I'd like to contradict; I used 5 heavy sprays and it lasted from 3pm to 10:44 am on me. Maybe my body's really suited for this frag. Yet after typing this review, I'll take a bath and I'm sure the smell will be gone. Them smell is wonderful, and is suited for my age. Since we, youngsters, love to bathe in our colognes. And anyway, I'm a big fan of walking through the hallway, leaving a trail of this fragrance behind me. Kudos to Hugo and this new frag. :)

Overall score: 10/10.

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Good Things :
-Very masculine but young, 20s and 30s age.
-Real Different (If you like Hugo Homme, The OLD ONE, you absolutely will love this),it smells unique.
-Price is good

Bad Things:
-Not long lasting at all.
-Bottle is opaqueness makes you don't know how much left from the fragrance in the bottle.

ITS juan
ITS juan

this smells very similar to Ysl L'Homme Libre in the beginning. The drydown changes in too Gucci Guilty but still has that fresh cut cucumber smell.

Invocati
Invocati

It didn't really capture me at the store.
I really expected more, but I will get back to this fragrence with a proper review once I have it. Hugo Boss Bottled def seems like a better choice right now. But who is saying you can't have both? :)

Alive
Alive

This might not be a masterpiece from Hugo Boss but it is very versatile and well done. Can be worn to go the school, after the gym, on a casual date, to go with your friends to a bar, etc. It's just as versatile as Boss Bottled IMO. Not offensive and pleasing. Nice frag.

garett
garett

When it starts , the top notes almost make it similar to armani code sport , but the two are different.
This scent can give you headaches too. It is minty and powerful and monster longevity is what it has.Spray it at 7 am , it will be with you till 10 pm.Not very different to be real and the name is funny , it should not have been atleast" just different" which is so dumb.Leto etc. are ok , running around in some city.The overall campaign and the theme is motherf***gly stupidly hilarious to me.
It is an A.O.K scent , atleast it lasts long.

periquito89
periquito89

The smell reminds me, in some way, RL Polo Explorer. I didn't expect it would be sweet. This is sweet and fruity (like Polo Explorer), plus a bit creamy. First I though there is nothing to do with the original, but then I could smelled it in the background.

ckman2011
ckman2011

عطر جميل وسعر مناسب
ولكنه مناسب لمن هم في العشرينيات من العمر

يعني مرح وفرفشه

gianmarco
gianmarco

This is a pure confident man's scent. Smells very masculin, very good

Gault
Gault

Very linear, maybe too simple scent and somewhat boring for daily use but very versatile.
I can definitely smell out green apples, a very weak sinthetic mint, some kind of flower, a big amount of pine, basil and maybe thyme or some other herb. Overall its very green and sour. Not a safe scent like the original, but an ok flanker with few interesting moments, I still prefer this over the absolute boredom of Hugo.
Im suprised that a lot of people find this a summer fragrance (too), I cant imagine wearing this above 25 C° because of the pine.
I would give it a 6/10 if it wasnt highly overpriced like the rest of the Boss fragrances.

Behnisch
Behnisch

It's not too good to purchase this one. It's not that great. Smells good but lacks of personality, it's generic and synthetic. Smells like tons of other male colognes and the price is way too much for too little creativity.
I'd buy it as a gift for my cousins who are 13 and 16. I'm 19 and I'd never buy this one, I'd wear it maybe after the gym or for every day use but not for special occasions. The name is a paradox, it should be called 'Just the same' or 'Just Boring'.

Nickofengland
Nickofengland

What makes this scent so "different" from others it not so much the idea behind it, but much more the WAY HOW it is done: The opening is fresh and spicy and probably the most unique part of the whole scent, but after that you could argue that it descends to a somewhat fresh/woody/balmy standard scent for a young, elegant urban dweller - but still there is something that makes this perfume so special: the quality.
Although the most ingredients are probably synthetic, this scent stays throughout the time it lasts on the skin (which is after all 5-7 h on my skin) perfectly balanced - every second it gives you an incredible feeling of warmth, depth, freshness and concinnity.
In my opinion, you do not need many perfumes like this one, but if you want one, I would recommend Just Different!

han.uns
han.uns

the smell nice but for me it cannot be applied too much bcoz it'll be too sweet and creamy.As for the bottle, i prefer a see through.

arshia_pku
arshia_pku

I was blind buy when i bought this one...great longevity on me.. I like it then the original one...sweet n fresh

chathura
chathura

I tested this, and then I bought an 'Aqua Faranhite (Dior)'. I wonder whether I made the correct decision.
:-)

I live in Sri Lanka — a very sunny country!

deki

its a shame for the people here who are talking against Hugo Boss,,,,,this perfume is GREAT !!!!

waine
waine

Tested only, for what my opinion is worth - is another re invented Hugo Boss. Disapointed, especially in relation to its name. Disapointed, as I potentially enjoyed the cleaness, power and simplicity of the bottle as well as the notes. Disapointed as I was looking for a new memory builder from Boss.

IMHO, there is much better for your buck on the shelves right now.

It Should be called the opposite, "Just the same!"

Edit ; I have Bottled night which is an outstanding mens fragrance. So I am not in any way biased towards the House of Hugo Boss.

ajaybullzz
ajaybullzz

Awesome..!!!!

ravjan
ravjan

It should be called Boss Boring! Or the Same Boring Boss. Definitely not Different. Nothing to write home about. Nothing.

morjuken05
morjuken05

Poor longevity and synthetic smell. A complete waste of money!

micrtin
micrtin

Very nice, similar to the original but less of the green apple that stays at the top for over 6 hours on Hugo, this one I feel is smoother but projects a littles less cause of the lack of sharpness in the top note. I think I prefer it to the original Hugo although quite similar.
9/10 for me

Wolfcreek
Wolfcreek

Wow!!!Green apple&mint bomb,longevity is really great.Very good perfume.

hellrokr
hellrokr

Awesome fragrance with loooooooong longetivity

malik2011
malik2011

waaaaaaaaao astonishing one really this one surprises me with the amzing harmony of its contents >>>it is refreshing yet , creamy and delicious sfter it calms down it reminds me of higher by dior but in the beginning it,s refreshing and the smell of basil and mints are there standing out in a clever way and the light sent of the apple also pronounces slightly it has a little of pure by escada just in the beginning >thumbs up hugo

Dad jax
Dad jax

it is really nothing different but longevity is great!

jozi1991
jozi1991

Nothing different and special but i like it. Very versatile, fresh and its not offensive. Longevity at last 4-6 hour and nice projection. Good every day scent. Overall 7/10

tots_eminem

I compared it with BLEU, it's obviously outstanding. Must-by to me. TOP: JUST DIFFERENT by HUGO BOSS. Masterpiece

Roel W
Roel W

This is almost the same scent as Calvin Klein Crave.

tots_eminem

once i compare Different and Bleu de Chanel.. And you know what? this thing is something really outstanding!!!
And it defeated Bleu and become the best to me.
Every notes very perfect..
Best choice!! ^^

Boss is the best of all

spoombung
spoombung

Different? You must be joking. This is a generic juice, indistinguishable from the aqua/shower gel/fresh monotonous mainstream for guys.

Go to Bottled and Hugo if you want a Boss fragrance with some character.

JohnMc
JohnMc

I get the feeling that my perception of Hugo as a little bit dare I say 'Teutonic' in their fragrances and clothing line (read efficient, safe, reliable) tends to prejudice my view of their offerings. In contrast, I can be too slavish over the offerings of say YSL or Dior, due to my biased perception of them as being edgy, uncompromising and awe inspiring in a typically French-creative manner. I have to say that whilst 'Just Different' presented another possible marketing gymick to my biased eyes, I was pleasantly surprised by what is in fact a looser, more attractive offering than previous fragrances by this house, with a discernible sweet/cool binary and a conscious effort to be less Germanic/functionalist and more Latin/creative. Apologies in advance for the sweeping generalizations here folks, I hope my meaning comes across.

antonpan
antonpan

After Boss. Bottled. Night and Boss Orange that I adore I was expecting something new and unique from Hugo Boss. Down the drain... Just Different is a combo of all Hugo (and Boss) fragrances, it is a 100 % Hugo Boss product. It starts with traditional for the brand watered down spicy notes of coriander, basil etc. with an addition of invigorating mint accord. After that the scent becomes fruitier (apples?) and sweeter, and mint begins to smell like mint in Givenchy Very Irresistible (in a green bottle). Nevertheless the fragrance still sounds harsh and nothing special. "Just different"? Nope. Just typical. The one season juice for fans of Hugo Boss and of Jared Leto.

When regular Hugo edt has an awesome sillage and longevity, this one doesn't last long on me.

Hugo Just Different is a little similar to the original Hugo, but for me personally, this is a subtler composition and much friendlier. In other words, it's not as sharp.

This fragrance opens with crisp green apple and minty toothpaste. It's surprisingly refreshing and pleasant. Quite suitable for Spring and Summer wear. It does become a touch herbaceous, particularly near the heart, where the basil plays an important role, adding a sense of complexity to the already green and fruity opening.

It smells like a sports cologne to my nose, something pleasing to smell on a man, but not necessarily sexy. Having a suited up Jared Leto as the face of this fragrance doesn't really suit the scent itself. Rather misleading actually.

I like the drydown the best. The rich fir tree accord and bold muskiness really finishes off this fragrance well. I am somewhat impressed with Hugo Just Different even though I feel it's a little generic and uninspiring at times. I give it a tentative thumbs up.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

First off, i like the smell. But I've noticed some fury over the name.
Remember this in detail:
Look at the scents Boss has come out with.

Fresh/citrus/aquatic/Aromatic scents like the In Motion range, Pure, Hugo, energize, XY.

Vanilla based Soul.

Spice based Orange was the last one to hit the market. It focused it youth and relaxation, it resembled Burberry London or D&G The One.

This is different in THIER view.
Boss are just a little middle-aged for today's standards, that's all.

Ok, the smell.
I smelt the nozzle and I got CK Euphoria.
I sprayed it and got something a bit fresher than Euphoria, not actually smelling like Euphoria anymore but along those lines. I LOVE Euphoria, and I WEAR Intense to show it. I don't feel this scent ripped it off, but more admired the style.

Starting minty apple, developing, not spicy, but more herbal and green.
The spicy drydown is earthy to me. Some will disagree with me but I find it earthy and hearty. Warm.
Haters can hate, I'm all for hating, but I like this one.
Of all the Bosses, this is one of better potential as shows a pattern of improvement. I was getting real sick of these fresh citrus scent Boss was going for.

Casual office scent.

pauluch3
pauluch3

It's good but definitely not different.

I wanted to buy it just because of Jared Leto being the face of the fragrance. Fortunately, I tested it today and it's JUST GOOD, and that should have been the name of the EdT. Good everyday fume, but similar to other Hugo Boss's perfumes. It's a shame that the bottle isn't see-through too.

Cylob
Cylob

Nothing different here.
Throw this on the big generic pile of the past few years.
The original was much better.
If you wanna go Hugo, go Bottled. That's about the only really good thing they released.

bwcw81
bwcw81

I say it is 90% similar with the original one, except the first notes that is fresher with Mint and Apple scent, very nice but when it died down, it is the original Boss scent.

Just different? Maybe not.

- very disappointing - another marketing gimmick, a pass for me.

lalelu
lalelu

I actually hate boss fragrances but this is really nice. Its somewhat warm but jet fresh , very well balanced. Had to buy it ;-)

( btw this smells waaaay better then the original wich didnt smell good at all imo )

querelle
querelle

Not a bit different. It starts somehow interesting, however, it dries down to a typical Boss perfume. Not my cup of tea.

Jarrock32
Jarrock32

At first I was confused because it was certainly something original.But then this whole thing that smells modern and a some synthetic, turns in something poor, rancid, and truly synthetic. Big commercial intentions I can see. Almost I liked at first..
Low longevity, low proyection, original scent and very versatile.

mrfive
mrfive

QUICKLY: If you really enjoy the idea of having another almost identical slant on the typical Hugo Boss or woodsy, slightly mossy, EDT for men, and would like to see another version of the Hugo Boss - Hugo bottle every time you put it on: get this EDT.

For everyone else, sorry, nothing Different here.

In Detail: The advertising or promotional material on this, claims '...scent brings together an innovative blend of notes including:

frozen mint mixed with
freesiam [is freesiam the synthetic version of the smell of Freesia flowers?]
basil
coriander
cashmere and
labdanum

...With just one spritz you'll start to see things differently.'
No doubt.

You'll see that it is best to look for ways to get back to how it was before you put this anywhere near you. ;P

I got to try this on 22 Jul 2011: initial spray smelt of at least 2 other current scents. Though I can't say which, you know the kind - the forgettable ones. By the drydown, which came quick, say 4 hours later max, it did have more of a unique tone. But only one. Else it has pretty much the same effect that the drydown from Juicy Couture Dirty English.

CONCLUSION: JUST DIFFERENT, couldn't really be more Just MORE of the SAME.
It's not suprising that it is, as there just aren't new slants on the same narrow concept.

I don't see a cute bottle it's just an opaque matt black version of the bottle for Hugo Boss - Hugo.

Perhaps some people are transposing to the bottle, the emotions generated by the celebrity attached to this launch, whos looks could be considered cute.

btw I wondered, what the scent of cashmere would be. Fragrantica told me:
Cashmeran
Group: Chemical Components
[Synthetic scent]
Cashmeran: is a very pleasant aroma, which cannot leave anyone indifferent. It is deep and rich, very intensive, diffuse and long-lasting. Its main profile is woody, spicy, musky, but the fragrance is rich in nuances: slightly spicy and aromatic, fruity (apples) and floral notes (heliotrope and jasmine), woody (pine), notes of earth (patchouli) and soft vanilla. This ingredient seems to soak all our impressions of a sensual fragrance.

...and I didn't know what labdanum smelt like:
WkPedia says:
"Labdanum's odour is variously described as amber, animalic, sweet, woody, ambergris, dry musk, or leathery.
The odour is very rich, complex and tenacious. Labdanum is much valued in perfumery because of its resemblance to ambergris, which has been banned from use in many countries because it was obtained from sperm whales - an endangered species.
Although the best-quality ambergris is found free-floating or washed up onshore - long exposure to sunlight, air and water removes offensive-smelling components of the fresh substance - ambergris sourced this way then poses no ethical objections.
Lower-quality kinds can also be recovered from some fraction of freshly slaughtered whales, and this may encourage poaching of sperm whales.
Labdanum is the main ingredient used when making the scent of amber in perfumery.

Hugo Just Different by Hugo Boss 3.80 out of 5 based on 357 ratings and 57 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hugo Just Different by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hugo Just Different by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.