Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

metallic
sour
Hugo Red Hugo Boss for men Videos
Hugo Red Hugo Boss for men Pictures Hugo Red Hugo Boss for men Pictures

Hugo Red by Hugo Boss is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Hugo Red was launched in 2013. Top notes are metallic notes, grapefruit, pink pepper and galbanum; middle notes are rhubarb, cedar, pineapple and metallic notes; base notes are tonka bean and amber.

Metallic notes Grapefruit Pink Pepper Galbanum

Rhubarb Cedar Pineapple Metallic notes

Tonka Bean Amber

Hugo Red Fragrance Reviews

lou6
lou6

interesting fragrance! this fragrance is very fruity. The projection is soft and it last few hours (4 to 6 hours)

I would recommend it for people 18 to 25 for
high school/ college, after the gym and even for office

iconoclast
iconoclast

Underrated fragrance is this. Fruity but quite synthetic, although by no means offensive. Sillage is well above average. Longevity is excellent as I still pick up faint wafts of it from my skin 12+ hours later! Suits most occasions and I believe is suitable for all year round use. Recommended!

Telfo05
Telfo05

smells lovely, but doesn't last. okay for day time wear

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Hugo Boss Red is a completely inoffensive citric-ozonic cologne with a light synthetic woody base, also featuring lavender, eugenol (cloves), perhaps a hint of melonal providing a generic fruity note, and not much else. Shortly a fresh woody-sporty scent with just the right amount of "urban", office-safe mediocre elegance. Dull but not unpleasant, given the price and the pretenses I can't really blame it for being plain and uncreative, so in its own way, it works fine. Nothing more than a decent birthday gift for your "Adidas-deodorant-aficionado" brother or boyfriend (or dad, or uncle, or whoever you want: you got the point...).

kahoonabear
kahoonabear

Crisp, bright, clean, and fresh...lasts all day long and smells fantastic.

MrFeathers
MrFeathers

It's the kind of scent for someone who is quietly confident. The kind who gives only a tiny hint of a scent and people have to go very near to breath him in. Makes me happy and alert when I spray it on, and quiet and focused throughout the day.

BobbyJ95
BobbyJ95

Love the citrusy smell with the pink pepper on this. However, it's longevity let's it down, I can only just about get 4hrs out of this one with quite a lot of sprays. Nearly run out of it, not sure if I'll buy it again.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Heat and ice on the same fragrance. Very confortable spicy scent, elegant and slightly sweet. The top notes are really amazing, aren't generic. The base is also good, but less spicy.

iziqism
iziqism

I didn't like it in the first 5-10 minutes but I got to say that this is one of the fragrances that ever to be compatible with my skin. The dry down is just something else. Tried it in a duty-free shop in the airport and fell in love a little too late as I got on the airplane. Well, I finally bought it a few days after and now I keep wearing this fragrance even at home. Love it!

jdawg
jdawg

Not bad

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

Nice spring-summer scent. Nothing extraordinary but definitely an interesting one. Not too sweet in my opinion

Gazo30
Gazo30

this is just..... meh

i don't normally like to write negative comments but this is maybe in my top 3 worst smell to price ratio, when you think Hugo boss, you expect a certain standard of quality, this just smells cheaply made, harsh notes etc, just save your cash & get something else!!

normally i like Hugo boss scents & own a few myself, but this just doesn't come up to the standards of past Boss scents

wbissar
wbissar

Nice soft versatile very red. Not the best that I wore but I do love it. if only if could radiate a bit more...

Keinc88
Keinc88

This had the potential to be more than an average fragrance but it fell short when it came to the dry-down.

The opening was really refreshing with that singular grapefruit note then the pepper kicked in and it became a really pleasant spicy-citrus top. At this stage, the projection was loud - I did one spray on my forearm and I was smelling it as I was doing some editing works.

Slowly it settled down and in came the heart. The big let down was in the heart, I was hoping for it to turn a lil darker or even a lil masculine but no, I get rhubarb. Why? Why rhubarb? It felt out of place with the pineapple which was a great note to mix in with the top notes... it felt weird.

It does get sweeter and it became a generic fresh sweet fragrance. They could have removed the rhubarb and still get a great fragrance or they could have added in leather or birch and create a smoky accord instead with some amp-ed up tonka beans and amber.

That could have been the "Solid Chill" & "Liquid Heat" they were trying to create.

Those notes that I suggested would have made the portrayal of the color "Red" believable.
Boss Red is not a bad fragrance, it's good but it could have been better.

Red Means Go... Go improve on this Boss or Go home!

headofstate
headofstate

If you're expecting a nice, cold-weather oriental or a woody and mysterious Red in the vein of Polo's Red, look-elsewhere. Hugo's Red follows the same path of Just Different in leaning heavily on a cooling, summery top and pairing it with a warming base in the hopes that opposites do attract and create unique expressions of scent. This one is rather synthetic and doesn't have much class or sophistication in its layering and make-up.
Hugo Red has a very astringent, sour and high-pitched opening with the grapefruit, pineapple and metallic elements dominating. The rhubarb isn't as prevalent until about 10-15 minutes in, when it starts to press on the grapefruit but it doesn't smell as natural as Guerlain Homme Intense or Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time and it's not as well-balanced or accompanied by notes that really bring it to life in the pyramid as in Polo Red. The whole thing is a bit of a chemical mess from the start and I kept waiting for it to improve but it never really developed into anything interesting. The dry-down offers nothing more than the standard light amber with a pinch of cream with the synthetic top and heart simply stretching out and making it a linear wear. Unfortunately the metallic note here just doesn't work well with the other high-pitched citrus and fruity elements, layering a sheet of poorly constructed synthetics on what could have been a much more enjoyable and warming fragrance with a bit more attention to detail in the blending. This is more a young man's fragrance, it's airy, light and casual and for the newbie who isn't that put-off by the heavy reliance on off-balanced elements.
As an oriental lover, this one doesn't really fit its oriental spicy billing. It's more of a citrus dominated fragrance with elements of fruity, rhubarb pie sweet in the top and middle and amber in the base that seems far more suitable for spring and summer evenings exclusively. It's terrible in the cold, projection and longevity are significantly reduced (In the heat this one is a top performer with 10-12 hours quite standard and projection moderate; in the winter 4-6 hours and soft projection) and this quickly recedes to background noise on the skin.
A huge thumbs down for late fall and winter, but this one shows a better side of itself under the sun and heat. I'll pull it out again in May or June and write another review. But if you are considering this because you were looking for a nice, warming fresh oriental, look elsewhere.

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

i like this.. cool evening its the best time to wear this. very close to the skin.. 7/10.

Bogarde
Bogarde

The opening is a mix between grapefruit (more grapefruit than pineapple in my opinion) and spicy (pink pepper), which is very nice, then in about 30 mins - 1 hour it becomes less spicy and sweet and all you get is rhubarb, metallic notes and hot amber. Not bad, but i think Hugo Boss has better fragrances in the market. Perfect for spring or summer days.

Scent: 7.5/10 (it's weird but it's pleasant)
Projection: 5/10

Overall: 6/10

Go and try before buy.

bazil14

update on my recent review wasnt sure about longivity but can confirm that this is a marathon runner i sprayed after my shower at 7 pm last night and the scent is still detectable at 3 pm today even if projection is at about 3inches at best same applys to just different projection sits close to skin but the longivety is around 18 to 20 hrs

JamesVT
JamesVT

Very nice fragance, sits very close to the skin though. Receives quite a lot of compliments none the less.

bazil14

yet another fine frag from the boss brand unique but familiar and does exactly as described with the hot and cold notes hugo red is also very fun to wear as you get the cool to warm to cool effect that the notes project reds standout note has to be the rhubarb once the first fresh citrus note has mellowed the rhubarb settles in and gives red real character and deapth red is a very fresh scent overall but can be worn all year has excellent longivity and good projection overall one of 2013s best scents if not the best

Corvidian
Corvidian

Very nice indeed, kind of what I WANTED Ted Baker M to smell like!

hadassa
hadassa

From the notes and the advertisement (sorry Jared) I would never say that I might like it. Seriously, the pyramid does not look appealing at all.

However, I find Hugo Red to be a decent cologne. It does not smell particularly sophisticated, but it's good: light, a tad sweet, slightly spicy and powdery. I would say I do smell the rhubarb, and it is not foody or something: just juicy and fresh. "Metallic notes", hmm, I don't think that I feel any "metal" here, and that's a good thing in my book. I am almost sure it's the aquatic note that they decided to call "metallic" in Hugo Boss because they think it sounds more original and cool... well, hehe :) I also sense something "green" here, not as a particular note, though.

Overall a pleasant casual perfume for those who aren't afraid of sweetness. Certainly not restricted to teenagers, I easily see a man in his forties wearing this.

The lasting power is moderate, as is the sillage.

willbear
willbear

i dont like this just too sweet on me makes me feel sick

joao carlos
joao carlos

Best from Hugo Boss house.

waleed2006
waleed2006

Fresh beautiful smell

Legolas
Legolas

One off the worst scent I have ever tried..it last abou t 1,5h..smell's cheap and very bad..big big dislike for this fragrance..

I should like this...
Reasons...
I like oriental spicy scents... i like pink pepper it sounds good to me.
I enjoy the others in the Hugo range...Hugo and just different are alright.
(okay maybe not a reason to like this)
I love sweet sharp notes of rhubarb and pineapple which this has.
Unfortunately...I found it pretty repulsive and no degree of getting to know it better is going to get me past that!
Shame really...I like these Hugo's as I mentioned. I think it's the way theyre presented, functional, modern man and all that business...Probably because the bottle looks like an army water canteen.

haywardb
haywardb

This definitely has a unique smell, but not in a good way. I thought it was refreshing upon the first spray, but within minutes it became such a sour stench that I got a headache. I'll give it this: it's longetivity is good. One day and two showers later, I can still smell this crap on my skin. I wish it would just go away. I smell like a sweet and sour Chinese buffet.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I've never been that keen on Hugo Boss fragrances for men probably because the ones I have sampled have all been quite predominant with cedar which is not a favourite note for me. Although this does have cedar, I really think the combination of notes in this one are fresh and interesting - rhubarb,pineapple,pink pepper and metallic notes isn't a combination I've seen before and I really like it a lot,it gives a sort of sweet and sour effect and although I can detect the cedar in this immediately, it does not dominate the other notes. This is definitely one I would buy for my husband-he is testing it today and liked it as soon as he put it on.
I think this is a versatile fragrance which can be worn day or night any season.

nugrahartowinsu
nugrahartowinsu

actually, i would buy hugo boss energise, but instantly changed when i smell hugo boss red. this smell is different. i really really love the base notes. it smell like citrus. so strong and then turn soft like pinapple, so sweet..
overall i love this perfume :*

bonanza1
bonanza1

This kind of reminds me of Hugo Energise, smells okay but nothing really new or special.

ruchitdave23
ruchitdave23

i have used the classic hugo boss and consider it to be a very unique masculine scent.besides that even boss bottled and dark blue have its own charm but lately the house of hugo boss are not doing a top notch job of coming up with unique scents......i feel they are just checking out what kind of scents are doing well currently and then coming up with their own versions of those scents........that has been very disappointing ......dont get me wrong the new scents are just fine but they are not the kind of groundbreaking smells i expect from this house .
tried out hugo red yesterday ....it starts out as sweet fruity grapefruit and i get a mild cherry tinge ....then the metallic tone hits you and this is where the real longevity of the scent lies .metallic tone with pepper and pineapple ....and some cinnamon ,im surprised most reviews do not mention the cinnamon note ..
the base note is cedar rhubarb and tonka bean..it sounds fancy but trust me its not ,the real strength of the scent is in the middle .
longevity is about 4 to 5 hrs[3 hrs on my skin]
projection is very good 7.5/10
uniqueness 6/10
potential as a serious scent that will last a decade......hmmm....no way ..this scent will be bought by ppl who do not know what classy means ....its a good fun peppery scent ...but hardly anyone would want to repeat the bottle .
this scent is like a one night stand in fragrances...fun and forgotten .
suggested for ppl who want something new just for the summer
overall 6.5/10

jmacscp
jmacscp

Nothing Special, just "another" perfume...

kazewayz
kazewayz

Unique, different. There is a note in there that's very different. It's sweet and sour, metalic as well, and of course citrusy. A nice summer fragrance. Not my favorite from Boss but it's good. Try it.

vergil_s
vergil_s

Well I expect somthing metallic and cold on my skin , specially with emphasis of creators on metallic note.
But this perfume is all about sweet notes of pineapple and rhubarb with some of metallic notes in background.
It Opens up with sweet and fresh note of garpefruit plus some metallic notes.
Then because of pineapple and rhubarb it becomes more sweeter and metallic notes are completely in background.
And finally we have warm and sweet blend of amber and tonka bean with previous fruity notes.
It's not a bad job but I expect more than this.
Projection and longevity are moderate.
Nice bottle.
خوب راستش من انتظار یه عطر یخ و فلزی رو داشتم مخصوصا با تاکید سازنده ها بر نت متالیک تو این عطر.
اما این عطر بیشتر رایحه ی شیرین و میوه ای اناناس وrhubarb
که نمیدونم دقیقا چه میوه ای رو میده.
اون کنارم نت متالیک هست اما شیرینی میوه ها خیلی اجازه خود نمایی بهش نمیدنم.
در اخر هم یه نت شیرین که ار عنبر و دانه تنکا به همراه نت های قبلی حاصل میشه داریم.
در مجموع کار بدی نبود.

ComaSaan

After wearing this frag continously for couple of days, I wanna say this has really grown on me...in my previous comment I've said that it last 5-6 hours, well it turns out at this one lasts more.

I put this one around 8am in the morning...i dont have to re-apply till i take a shower late in the evening, that's around 8:30 in the evening. The same goes after that. When i wake up in the morning, i still get the hint of this one, thats around 7am.

Best of all, I've been asked what I've been wearing. First I thought that people are offended by this. But no, they love it! They say, it smells very unique and musculine. I asked them if they got any medicinal or synthetic smell. They disagreed and said that it smells sort of green with a hint of sweetness. Yes, these reviews were by females.

Projection is awesome!
Scent is unique!
Longetivity is off the charts. (on my skin)

Note: I live in Maldives. A tropical country located on the equator, with temperatures between 28-35 degrees all year around.

ComaSaan

Went to try out a new frag and i came across this one..it was sweet on the paper, opens similarly like every boss frag...didnt recognize much change on the paper so i gave a spritz on the skin.

I was expecting a fruity type of frag, coz of the colour of the bottele. However, this turns from sweetness to sour greeny citrus type and then i get the metalic note as mentioned here. But yea, it's not like Azzaro type. This one remains sour greeny until it looses the sourness and rests as a beautiful green smell.

lasts long (about 5-6 hours on my skin) and it's strangely unique.

juaguz
juaguz

A pesar de no ser un wow para la marca de Hugo Boss, es un cambio radical a lo que ya venia haciendo, para mi parecer la mejor de la marca con toques frutales, y la botella, trataron de hacer algo nuevo al aplicarle el cambio de color con el tacto

Gault
Gault

Typical Lacoste/Hugo Boss "grapefruit" fragrance.
Not better nor worse. Definitely not Different.
Not something im gonna buy, start worshipping the Boss brand for or even test again.

Its not a smooth blend, the mentioned notes are easily detectable, boring but its ok I guess for a nonoffensive summer fragrance. Go ahead, try it, if you love these fragrance houses this IS a good buy for sure.
I dont know maybe the name tricks me but Im almost sure I can detect other peppery notes too in it like pimento or paprika not just those pink berries.

olitunia
olitunia

A quote from the company: A dynamic fragrance full of hot and cold tension daring you to be unique.

First of all I do not sense the "hot", neither the "unique". There is a whole lot of lemon an pineapple in there and you have to let it dry for a while to develop and for you to actually smell something.

It is very fresh, clean and screams "Summer". Smells a little bit to "green" for me, it would be nice to add a bit of a woody or powdery note to it, to make it more mature and sophisticated.

Al in all it is a nice, clean scent, good for work, good for summer. Not a thing to go crazy about but suits almost any guy.

urobian
urobian

Like others said,of course not a masterpiece but i think the new hugo is a step ahead. The smell flows in some phases between a metallic/fresh touch and a fruity/floral under tune and is a really nice contrast. Versatile, manly, maybe magnetic in some way & easy to wear.Sillage/longevity more than ok. I like this one !

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

This is not a bad fragrance but nor a master piece. It is a fresh fruity uplifting fragrance for me rather than a daring one. It is slightly sweet and fruity with metallic notes through out it that blend well. Moderate projection and last.

check out my site mrproductreview.com for more longer in depth reviews.

antonpan
antonpan

The rhubarb is not really evident here. Hugo Red is close to Lacoste Essential - a pleasant and soft fruity (melony type) fragrance without any sourness. It smells like an intense version of Lacoste Essential and Dolce & Gabbana The One Sport. I like Hugo Red more than Just Different, though still would prefer regular Hugo.

Linden
Linden

Well, it's pleasant and very fresh, the bottle is cool... Mostly sharper citrus with a hint of almost "bubble gummy" sweetness from the pineapple/tonka combo. Interestingly, I don't pick up the metallic accord at all here... I see the Azzaro NT comparison, especially the initial spray, but Red is much lighter and lacks the warm spicy qualities. All in all, it falls a bit flat honestly; longevity is poor and it's very synthetic in the drydown. P&G has already compromised the other Boss scents, so not totally surprised by their latest addition.

pierre.greenhalgh
pierre.greenhalgh

I really like this scent. Although not too experienced with aftershaves just yet, the smell pleases me. On the first spray, I didn't get the sweet impact that I expected, but rather a citrus/fruity note.
However, the metallic notes, in my opinion are crafted incredibly well with the fruit, giving the fragrance a sour, unique scent that isn't common in mainstream aftershaves.

Zenith
Zenith

Very nondescript amber fragrance attempting to make a shiny new gimmick with the bottle. Admittedly the idea is a good one, but I wish they had spent the money on the marketing on the fragrance instead.

Barely there, go to the shop pick up the bottle and go "ooh fancy". Then put it down and pick up something more interesting

darlosu
darlosu

In last years Hugo released just comercial fragrances, same situation with Red..Pitty

Bruno2theV

Oh I forgot... to my nose it's similar to Azzaro pour homme night time

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

سردی یک مرد به سختی فلزی صیقل خورد و براق بهقدرت این مرد جادوئی مسیر خود را با استفاده از میوه های ترش وشیرین که در مسیر باد میوزد شنوند ها را وادار میکند جذب قلبی وسوسه انگیز شود اما بداند تندی فلفل و سدر را در ذهن یاداور میشود تا شما بتوانید تلخی وخشن بودن این مرد را لذت بخشتر احساس شود.

Bruno2theV

I tried it today after a really long wait.
The bottle does change colours when holding it and the smell is actually good.
Just like his antecestors, it follows a fresh line, I think is more rather fresh than Spicy.
The Pineapple is definetly there as well as the grapefruit. I though it would be more sweet but is not a bad fragrance.

In my opinion: 7.5/10

to Bruno2theV

yes, ive held the bottle in my hand, its red original and when u hold it, with the heat from your hands it goes into deeper red, so basically it will show your hand markings, not for long, maybe a minute or so, but this is just a selling point, the fragrance itself is ok in my opinion, sweet rhubarb scent

Bruno2theV

Kamikaze, do you know to what colour the bottle changes to?

kamikaze702k

this is a very sweet rhubarb fragrance, got a first look preview of this on a meeting few months ago, the bottle changes color from heat on your hands when you hold it, its the latest from hugo, not my cup of tea but nice idea for sweet scent lovers

Hugo Red by Hugo Boss 3.54 out of 5 based on 288 ratings and 53 user reviews

HUGO RED for MEN by Hugo Boss EDT SPRAY 5 OZ
Hugo Boss Hugo Red Eau De Toilette Spray 40ml 1.3oz
Hugo Boss Hugo Red Eau De Toilette Spray 40ml 1.3oz
Gift Set 5oz
Hugo Boss Hugo Red Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz Deodorant Stick 75ml 2.4oz Shower Gel 50ml 1.6oz 3pcs
HUGO RED for MEN by Hugo Boss EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
HUGO RED for MEN by Hugo Boss EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
Hugo Boss Hugo Red Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Hugo Boss Hugo Red Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Hugo Boss Hugo Red Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz
Hugo Boss Hugo Red Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz
Hugo Boss Hugo Red Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.76oz
Hugo Boss Hugo Red Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.76oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Hugo Red fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Hugo Red, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hugo Red by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hugo Red by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.