Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Hugo Woman Hugo Boss for women
dislike

I have it: 342 I had it: 816 I want it: 104 My signature: 12

Hugo Woman Hugo Boss for women Videos Hugo Woman Hugo Boss for women Videos

Hugo woman is independent and determined. The slogan is clear: ''Don't imitate, innovate.''The fragrance is fresh and sweet with a touch of spice. The opening of apple, cyclamen, melon, papaya, peach and Aglaia Odorata are transparent and succulently fruity. The heart is sweet and warm, composed of jasmine, lily and orris. Base notes sandalwood, amber, vanilla, cedar and resin. It was created in 1997. The nose behind this fragrance is Ursula Wandel.

oak moss Peach Cyclamen Melon Cassis Granny Smith apple

Accordes

Hugo Woman Fragrance Reviews

serenitylola
serenitylola

I don't know why it has such a low rating. This is my to-go scent and to work. People around me love it! It's one of the refreshing scents that I grab for and prefer this way better than Ralph Lauren's Ralph.

Lara517
Lara517

While I agree that this scent is innocuous, it still has a very nice, mysterious quality to it, I can't quite figure the scent out. Someone said it is "weird" and I agree! It's weird in a good way!
It's fresh, fruity then it turns soft and floral. Lovely, simple and clean. A great summer fragrance, especially for twenty-somethings that are climbing the corporate ladder, this one will never offend at the office. Wear it with confidence, AND a smile!

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

This takes me back to when i was 20 & actually a perfume that i actually stuck with faithfully for many years afterwards. Hugo is so fresh and clean like a white blouse on a washing line in the summer breeze. It starts off really floral but settles down into sweetness & really ladylike. A real nice addition to anyone's perfume collection especially for the spring/summer months you can't go wrong it's a breath of fresh air and when perfume was at it's finest.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Lemony, even though not citrus is listed and rather musky, unpleasantly so. But its too weak to offend. zzzzzz

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Nice and fresh, light and airy fragrance. Great or day wear, non offensive.

It starts very nicely, like good, fresh cologne. However, when it develops middle notes, becomes very flowery and unfortunately, sultry. What a pity! It would be a lot better if this scent was like its top notes, all the time.
Being feminine does not mean flowery!

salwas
salwas

Some say it's easy forgettable but this is actually very special to me, I had roll-on version of this but didn't know the name and I couldn't forget the scent. When I finally found it I couldn't stop smelling it and always wore it before sleep and sprayed my clothes with it..so I do like it a lot because it brings back memories.

The scent is fresh and floral, perfect for spring and summer..I've had mine for a couple of years now (I never manage to use up a bottle) and all of the sudden I feel the fruits in it, don't know if the scent has changed or if it's my perception of it, but I like it a lot!

It's a clean and inoffensive scent, good if you want something subtle for daily use. I don't use it on myself anymore but like spraying my clothes with it, and sometimes I just feel I need to smell it so I do like to have a bottle of this in my wardrobe.

sharon.ceskowski
sharon.ceskowski

A great fragrance for the office. I am in the military and this is a very clean, non-offensive scent to wear. Doesn't smell like I doused myself all over. Very versatile too if you want to wear this in the evening with more sprays.

matereac9
matereac9

very much a casual, staple summer smell. it is the "bog standard" of perfume but it does it well. and no other has become such a classic. personally, it stinks on me! shame because in the bottle i quite like this. i've never managed to wear it out, because every time i put it on i have to wash it off within half an hour. the smell just turns on me. on other people, instantly recognizable and a wonderful smell.

mamamia
mamamia

it is the most safest perfume in market. Best summer/spring fragrance for sensitive noses.

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

great, clean flowey. makes you smile and feel happy. people around me like it a lot, i noticed. too bad it lasts for about 2 hours.

Avoria
Avoria

This is simply a wierd scent. But I like it.

I got it 10 years ago and when I occasionally use it nowdays I always think of me as a young teen...

gipsymama

LOL, Yes Jama, I think it's very useful to do the way you did....You don't need to read a lot to know if it can be 'your' perfume!

gipsymama

Wow!!!! After trying so many ( and really many...)perfumes, I love this one. The scent is quite simple and not that unique, but what a great stayingpower, at least on my skin. And normally I really need to use strong ones ( samsara, euphoria,) but this one I can still smell after 12 hrs now!!!! And just great for work.

My skin type: dry
Projection: arm's length
Longetivity: 10hrs+
Office safe: Yes
Timing: Spring & Summer / day time

Jama4
Jama4

The girl next door in a bottle!!!

I like Hugo Woman, but wish they had an EDP version. I find this EDT to light. After a few wears I realized that I probably need to apply this perfume with a heavy hand in the cooler months or save it for summer. Eitherway it is a beautiful scent, fresh, clean, soft and melony without being coyling (too sweet).

My skin type: Oily / Youthful
Projection: arm's length
Potency: Light (5 or more sprays are necessary)
Longetivity: 5hrs winter/ 10hrs+ summer
Office safe: Yes
Timing: Spring & Summer / day time
Cost: $50 for 125ml at Winners

Will I repurchase: NO

Update: This perfume is definitely a summer scent; now that the weather has warmed up the projection longevity and silage are better.

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

diaspro42
diaspro42

A really nice scent, fresh and sporty. Suitable for any occasion, it goes well with your skin. It 's easy to wear it and it is pleasant in every season.

Ramz
Ramz

a simple but an eye catching smell ...my aunt gave me this unforgetable scent

cesalica
cesalica

A typically fresh formal scent. Common but likeable.

almarie
almarie

I used to wear this back in my senior year of high school. I was in love with this scent! I recently smelled it again at Marshalls, but for some reason, it just does't hit me the way it used to. I guess my tastes have changed.

anosmia
anosmia

Great for hot humid weather !!!

Starts off fruity, with peach and orange blossom peaking through. Then it turns into a floral bouquet, with a dry down being a perfect blend of aromas.

Love this a lot and so do many of my friends !!!

Wifeynye
Wifeynye

I've been wearing this since 1999. Still love it. One of my most faves! It reminds me of young love and being carefree! I like to wear it in winter because it can be cloying in the heat. A crisp fresh fragrance.

pfhope
pfhope

I used to wear this fragrance in my late teens and I believe that there is where it belongs. I think that this kind of fragrance is best suited for younger people but then again everyones interpretation of fragrance is different as it's very personal. This fragrance was the competitor to CK One when it was released and is within the same catagory - fresh, fruity with a light herbal scent although i find it gives me quite a headache as I find these fragrances overly sweet and sickening.

dzoana.dzons
dzoana.dzons

this may not smell distinctively, but it smells fresh and pleasant..its perfect for summer because it doesnt give u a headache and refreshes nicely..

madamn
madamn

How people perceive a fragrance is all too often influenced by its packaging. The image becomes the main ingredient of the perfume. Some people do not smell the fragrance, they smell the bottle. This is the case with Hugo Woman. The fragrance comes in the minimalistic, crude, uninspiring bottle of the shape of a hand-grenade, with no hint of color. And that is enough to block or even twist one's perception and imagination. In fact the perfume is very subtle, cozy, soft and feminine once it settles down on the skin. There is NOTHING masculine about it. It is quietly floral and a little bit powdery. It is fruity just enough to be friendly but not overly sweet. It is genteel, without distinct notes (which can make a fragrance intriguing for some people but irritating for others). Very universal.

hollyms
hollyms

I didn't like this at all. It did not smell feminine to me, and something about it was offensive.

Ouch!

This perfume doesn't really inspire me that much. I remember it bringing my mum out in a rash (that's not the reason I don't think much of it by the way hehe).

It's quite generic but at the same time quite well rounded. The melon is very prominent and I get a slightly synthetic vibe from it. It's a safe bet and innofensive. This smell could be any number of perfumes I've smelled that are this same category. The florals are very smooth, and none stick out to my nose in particular. The florals are youthful... Slightly sweet and again... Just not very complex.

Kinda bored....

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

had this about 10 years ogo> I loved it back then as I remember being gutted when it ran out. I brought some again maybe a few years later and just completly went off it.

its 'Potent' too much so. When I smelt it it gives the impression of a strong woman! almost manly? it's just too much of a heavy scent. Citrusy..I can make out grapefruit?..

whiten
whiten

I think I have a little left of it. I used to really like it, great for summer to smell fresh.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

I use to own one of these back in the late 90's and that was in the tester format and I must say that it wasn't a real bad smelling scent. In fact, I really really liked it. Its Fresh with a hint of floral. Just enough to make you smell fresh even on a humid hot day.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I wore this perfume as a young teenager and have recently started wearing it again. I love the fruity top notes and the vanilla notes that come through in the drydown keep the scent balanced. It's a good fragrance for work/school and in warmer weather.

Kione
Kione

Its nice, but a very safe scent, I have just put it on to try and it just makes me feel indifferent to it.

Maiasatara
Maiasatara

I loved this one! To Nancinha who posted above, I was told two years ago that this was discontinued and replaced by Boss Woman. To VogueBoy - if you would please repost what retailers in Europe might be carrying it that would be GREAT! To me it would be worth a shipping fee to try it again. I'm currently wearing Laila, which I LOVE, but switching among a few favorites can be nice.

Poeta
Poeta

I used it for years and years and though i don´t use for now, i still have it (not much). It´s my perfume!

madhatter1
madhatter1

Had it and liked it, and I liked how a fruit like that apple and vanilla represented with the sandalwood.

wind83
wind83

light, nice, clean.
to me its like for office time.
not special. i more like hugo xx

vaiduakhu
vaiduakhu

To me, the top notes are fruity. Slightly later, it's floral, a little powdery. That lasts for several hours then it becomes fruity again.

nancinha

I stated below that it has been d/c, but I'm just going by what I was told... this information could be wrong! I hope it's wrong!!

I am sure that This is definitely NOT discontinued! Not in Europe

nancinha

I guess I'm the minority here... but I love this fragrance! I remember it was launched in 1997 when I was 14 years old (now you know my age). It has since been discontinued, but I was fortunate enough to find some extra bottles still on the shelves at a local drugstore, so it should last me a looooong time!

It's obviously a very fun, girly scent, which is probably why it appealed to me so much at the age of 14. However years later, I still see the appeal... it's perfect for casual days, those days when you just want to smell nice and super feminine. It may have lost some of its popularity, but that's not a problem, it means that on days when I wear it, I won't smell like 99% of the population :) Cheers!

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

This is a very crisp, soft, fresh fragrance that smells very womanly. I bought this on impulse because Hugo Boss is my favorite perfume brand and plus it was on sale. (I hadn't tested it before.) I'm a big fan of strong fruity/floral fragrances so this doesn't make it into my top favorites... but then again, I wasn't crazy about Pure Purple at first but now it's one of my absolute favorites. It might be one I grow into. It has a light fruity character at first (mmmmm melon!) but the woody, resin base is what I smell more strongly than anything. It is very pleasant hours after applying and instantly lifted your spirits when you catch a whiff. Perfect for a casual outing or someone who doesn't like to overwhelm themselves with a powerful scent.

VogueBoy

well, I really don´t know where are the fruits which are named in notes... this perfumes smells just like generic white flower scent

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I wore this scent in my early teen years.

The scent is fresh, floral, fruity and crisp to earthy.

A unique scent that will transform any girl with a single spray.

TankGirl
TankGirl

I used to like this perfume when I was younger, but now Hugo Woman smells so different!
To my nose the first sprays are really revigorating and fresh, a perfect everyday/sport scent. After a while I start to get the beautifull melon note (which I really like in sporty perfumes because it gives a soft sweetness)then comes the papaya and the apple and of course all this composition has a cyclamen veil that its really nice.
Until now Woman smells young, fresh and nice, but sudenly something is wrong: the oakmoss!!!
The oakmoss ruins the freshness and simplicity of this perfume by giving it a dry aspect that really anoys me and hurts my nose. On my skin slowly the oakmoss takes the lead and HBW becomes a fresh and dry perfume (at the same time) that is not pleasent at all, its almost agressive.
On paper the oakmoss is almost imperceptible, I can only smell it for one second from times to times, but on my skin it turns into a monster.
Unfortunatl I have to dislike this perfume that I wanted to mutch :( but on me it smells like cheap hairspray :(

larali
larali

This was a gift from a boyfriend, so he liked it... Good work scent. It was invigorating then, when I was young, ambitious in my 20s, but I think I prefer more sensuality now.

kerini
kerini

A very nice modern young office fragrance!

The first 15 minutes manage to lift my spirits everytime.
I get melon, then apple, a quick swift of papaya, black currant and finally cyclamen.
It's refreshing, fruity-floral but not overwhelmingly sweet, it feels natural and not at all like a synthetic fruit bomb.
Later it gets more floral-woody until in the end I get woody-vanilla with a fresh undertone.

It's a simple yet recognizable happy scent that lasts 5+ hours on me.

I used to wear this fragrance many years ago and I quite liked it. I liked the bottle and the floral fruity jus inside. I went on for about 2 months and in spite of being nice, clean and pleasant it never got me many compliments. It went perceived as quite dull and banal. Things changed when I switch to Davidoff Cool Water, which I don't like so much but made boys crazy back in years.
For me Hugo Boss was a feel-properly-dressed-for-work kind of scent yet girlish and not too serious. If I happen to pass by a shelf I sniff it from tester but I wouldn't wear it now.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Hugo Woman is a modern scent.
Perfect for young woman or me being in the office.
I really like it.
It smells fruity but fresh and definitely crisp and clean.
It is not expensive and I will keep buying it.

agasierp
agasierp

Absolutely my favorite scent! It's different from all the floral-fruity fragrances I know. Fresh but sweet at the same time, very feminine!

katefielder
katefielder

I wore this through my late teens and early twenties. Loved it. Very fresh, vibrant and youthful. Great for summer but sophisticated enough for office wear too. I might start wearing it again when I'm in my forties to remind me of my youth - great memories evoked by this fragrance.

Juma
Juma

Nice, similar to a number of others floral fruity scents. You can pass it...

TanjaS
TanjaS

I got this as a gift from my brother back when I was 17 turning 18 or something. I liked it back then, but now I really can't recall how it smelled like! I do remember other perfumes I had 10 years back but I'm blank on this one. I guess it was quite simple as it didn't leave an impression.

Edit: I tested it today. It's very simple. Nothing special. Not bad, but anonymous.

guest_ADEL
guest_ADEL

forgetable, I had a period when I did not have anything else and had that one on all the time, still did not make me like it or turned any heads at all. I expect it is better than B.O. but that is all unfortunatelly! 05/11/09 01:42:23

guest_FS16
guest_FS16

Wow, the bottle is so stylish that an awesome perfume is like an added bonus!
The smell is very fresh, unlike other fruity smells which just smell rotten after a while Hugo Woman is fresh for hours at a stretch! Definitely going to use this for a long time!

Ouch!

This perfume is..well....kinda dull. Sure it's nice but it's nothing different and smells obvious (If that makes sense). The bottle really is unnatractive and boring too. Boss has other much nicer scents but this one?? NAH...I'm gonna pass.

I think this would be one you'd keep in your bag incase you run out...or..one for everyday, it's definately not special in any way.

Sorry Hugo..

I'm obviously one of the minority here that agrees with this fragrance being a fruity floral.

Hugo Woman is crisp, fruity and only mildly floral to my nose. I found that this fragrance took a while to grow on me. At first I didn't like its sharpness in the opening, however giving it an hour to develop, I must say that I quite like it.

The scent is pretty strong, but never cloying. Hugo Woman smells like apple puree and tropical fruit juice. The crisp green apple note is for me the most dominant note in this fragrance, followed by black currant, melon and papaya.

The presence of the vanilla towards the drydown, keeps the scent from becoming too fruity and sharp. The vanilla adds a nice feminine and sweet touch, which makes Hugo Woman quite delicious.

I don't think this is the right fragrance to make a statement like the adverstising seems to suggest. Although inoffensive and pleasant, I don't find it to be particularly unique in any way. Just a nice, casual fragrance which would make a good staple in someone's wardrobe.

JML LEE
JML LEE

i liked this one but it always smelt a bit peppery to me

Gracelynn
Gracelynn

It's more floral smell than fruity.
It's clean, young and mild.
First time I smell this perfume
I felt like I smell 5th Avenue
that's why I bought it.It's pretty
nice on my skin no offend to anyone
kinda polite and feminine.I think
this can be all year perfume.

mellimoon
mellimoon

I used to love this scent about 6 years ago, when i was 18. I felt so grown up wearing it. I knew nothing about perfumes and their composition then, I just knew I liked it. Now I find it too tangy and not my taste at all.

Iulia
Iulia

Unlike most reviews i've read bellow, I acctually feel the fruity side of this perfume. I can definatelly smell the apple in top and also the middle notes, and i love that. Then after two hours I can smell the gorgeous vanilla and sandalwood, they are not to strong, but just in the right amount.
I would say this perfume is recomended to younger women(under 30).It's a fresh fruty-flowery fragrance, great for the office and also for a walk in a sunny day.It smells better in autumn/winter.
It does last for more than 5 hours , but I recomend applying a bit more, because this perfume stays very close to skin.
I've first smelled it when I was in highschool, a coleague of mine had it. First I didn't knew what it was, I just knew that she smelled great all the time. Then when I found what it was , I became interested in all Hugo Boss perfumes. I think they are quite decent, not extraordinary, but fit for everyday use.
I'm very sorry for any mistakes that I've made...my english is not that good:).

zvoncica
zvoncica

I must repeat what several reviewers already wrote: its mostly floral scent, no fruity component came to my mind when I tested this one (I assumed that the fresh note of Hugo Women has a citrus base).

This is a good perfume, positive, fresh, likable. Appropriate equally for casual and smart everyday wear. Stay close to skin an lasts for several hours. Great bottle design.

If youre looking for friend, mother, girfriend present youre quite safe with this one as a choice.

IuliaPana
IuliaPana

Very similar to a cheaper frag from Coty, I think it is Pret-a-Porter, if I remember correctly...

rednose
rednose

Like Juliana said, easily forgetable! Very ordinary & mutual. This is good if you want to camouflage yourself as much as possible, and stick to the safe side.

perfume-intense
perfume-intense

Fresh and subtle.But nothing special.Not memorable.

juliana6909
juliana6909

Easily forgetable, I had a period when I did not have anything else and had that one on all the time, still did not make me like it or turned any heads at all. I expect it is better than B.O. but that is all unfortunatelly!

Miss_crystal
Miss_crystal

Very simple but clean, light and nice perfume :)

Vic
Vic

Whenever I use this perfume, people ask me what is it! And yes, I agree, it is more suitable for cool/cold weather.

chelle
chelle

clean soft everyday light floral!

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

I wore this in high school. I liked it enough to use the whole bottle but it just doesnt do it for me now. Clean simple scent.

simple and chic but of course innovative!I smell something bitter in it which I thought might be almond.that's why I think it's more suitable for autumn and winter(despite those who believe it's a fragrance for warm weather.)

sjanira
sjanira

It's a good fragrance, very casual not to fruity on me though. It's more floral and a little bitter to me but overall a good nice scent.

dina
dina

Clean, crisp, fresh ... great fragrance for summer and warm weather. It's rather light floral but i dont feel any fruits in it ...

Lisa
Lisa

I just tryied this perfume and like it a lot, the scent is fruity and delicious, never overwhelming. Ideal for every day use.

andruska
andruska

Nice, soft, clean, for young and confident women.

amanda
amanda

nice but nothing special. a pleasant, office scent

Hugo Woman by Hugo Boss 3.73 out of 5 based on 719 ratings and 74 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Hugo Woman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Hugo Woman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hugo Woman by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hugo Woman by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.