Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Hugo XY Hugo Boss for men

Hugo XY Hugo Boss for men
dislike

Hugo XY Hugo Boss for men Pictures Hugo XY Hugo Boss for men Pictures Hugo XY Hugo Boss for men Pictures

Hugo XY by Hugo Boss is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Top notes are pear leaf, cedar and bergamot; middle notes are basil and mint; base notes are patchouli, musk and cedar.

Pear Leaf Cedar Bergamot

Basil Mint

Patchouli Musk Cedar

Hugo XY Fragrance Reviews

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

Dreck...The drydown made me feel nauseous.

Scrubber!

esteban747
esteban747

Interesting fragrance. It starts with a dark green and slightly sweet note that is quickly replaced by a scent similar in a way to anise, but later I discovered it's cedar and basil. A earthy, damp and quiet scent. It reminds me at this point of Wondergreen of CdG. It keeps bringing images of celery stalks, and a bloody mary on a sunday noon.There's also a smokiness, perhaps because of the interaction with the patchouli.
It's different I have to say. Unlike most 'designer brands' perfumes, Hugo Boss XY seems to be an attempt to step aside from the cloned mass fragrances for men.
If it succeeded, I don't know. Seems to be a tricky fragrance to pull off, yet I have to applaude Hugo Boss for creating something not expected.

the_badger
the_badger

This was my first expensive cologne. Bought it when I was 22 because it was Boss (brand recognition) and felt I needed a more serious perfume for my job. Definitely serious, there is nothing sweet or floral in this one but it just smelled too weird(maybe its my skin), and girls didn't like it. In the end I got tired of using it and now it is stored in the basement.

reggaefreeze
reggaefreeze

No the best from HB, but works good on me, fresh, clean and green, I´m using it this fall, but in spring and summer seems like have to be better.
longevity: 4 to 6 hrs.
versatility: Is the best thing of this fragrance, can be used in a wedding or to go shopping, to go dinner, to the gym, to the movies, to the office, to walk outside.

Sezyvex
Sezyvex

I quite liked this fragrance. It always made me happy and smell calm and quiet!

chantedbyincense
chantedbyincense

This perfume is terrible and it pisses me off each time i wear it. First it smells nice and sweet, and in few minutes it gets heavy as many other manly perfumes. The longevity is less than 2 hours. I regretted buying it. It is a tricky perfume and it taught me a lesson not to buy a perfume from the first try

khaledistic
khaledistic

I feel confident and smell good...
Simply best

ahmadmohee
ahmadmohee

They really should stop making these types of Fragrance, or give it for free with the garments!

lee_maccuckoo
lee_maccuckoo

When I first sprayed it I liked it a lot, however it turns out to be so cloying after the first 20 min I had to give up wearing it all together. Too bad, it's a nice scent, just wish i could wear it.

I find that the Pear Leaf and the Patchouli stick out the most in the beginning, however, the fragrance itself doesn't seem to last very long. I could be dehydrated and my skin might not be properly moisturized in order to know for sure.

But compared to other scents, the Hugo XY doesn't stay on me very long at all...

I don't think I am going to rate this one very high on my personal list of scents.

JensH
JensH

I have tried out a lot of different smells this summer, and the only one that really dissapointed me was this one. I just dislike it! (I'm a D&G Pour Homme, DHI, GA Eau de Nuit-guy).

nishantarora
nishantarora

Scent is good but it doesn't for more then 4hrs :(

vslayer
vslayer

Hugo XY such a unique fragrance ... It has the touch of refreshing, calm, and tender, yet masculine enough. IMO

First time I sprayed XY I catch the fresh scent of pear leaf, cedar, mint, and a little bit citrussy? (I know that it is not supposed to be on the notes listed)

Quite strong for a couple minutes and when it's on the dry down process the citrus scent fade away and all notes become softer leaving basil - cedar - mint - musk - patchouli and pear leaf all mixed together well enough giving the sense of calm and refreshing.

I love this kind of scents on fragrance, too bad XY doesnt have the sillage well maintained, and too soft after 1 hour on my skin and after 3 hours it's gone completely.. But last about 4-5 hours on my shirt. I have to apply more than 3 sprays on my shirt, 2 sprays on my wrist, 3 spray on my neck (behind right and left ear + under my chin) With enormous spray i think it won't hurt other people nose.. it is light, soft, and have pleasant scent..
the package gives the picture of the fragrance type it has sleek glass bottle with silver cap - looks clean and refreshing.

suitable for daily use at Office, College, hang out, or dates.

Longevity : 5/10
Sillage : 7/10 (Soft)
Scent : 8/10

surely if the longevity + sillage longer and stronger I would have this for my first choice.

merezvan
merezvan

خیلی عجیبه من این و کادو گرفتم و اصلا نمی فهمه منظور از تولید این عطر چی بوده شاید 2 سالی هست دارمش و ازش بیزارم چون احساس میکنم مسخرم میکنه هر بار که به خودم میزنم
فقط یک بار یکی از دوستان بهم گفت چی زدی به خودت منم گفتم کوفتتتتتتتتتتتتت
اگه مفتی ام بهتون دادن نگیرینش.چون هیچ هنری نداره.
یکم دخترا خوششون میاد ازش در صورتی که باهاش دوش گرفته باشی وخیلی بی جون و شیرین و خنک
اصلا نخرینش و اصلان تستش نکنین
کلا ازش دوری کنین

waqaskhan55
waqaskhan55

I remember the launch of this product. When I first smelt the tester to this I was amazed by how different it was from all the others. I knew this was definitely going to be one that is soon going to be sitting on the fragrance shelf in my room. It has a long lasting smell and is quite unforgettable. Don't be afraid of the basmati and greenery, its the signature ingredient which makes it unique from everyone else.

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

got this one yesterday smells ok def doesn't smell as good as original hugo but its not bad I'm wearing it so yea and def not aquatic at all it was a blind buy for me I def don't regret it would recommend hugo original before this though

Deefit
Deefit

There is a note in there that instantly takes me back to my childhood. Smelling this scent immediately brings joy and happiness to my day. Unfortunately my skin has become more acidic, which really ruined wearing this fragrance for me.

ganabalong
ganabalong

Hugo XY is a interesting herbal based fragance, start very green, performing trough the time a fresh/herbal structure,it feel a bit bitter/sweet but it's really good, long lasting on skin...young and dinamic, without season restriction IMO, i like so much.

zatenhaar
zatenhaar

I like this one a lot is there a female version ??? Or are there any woman out there that just wear it anyway.
It just smells so fresh and clean to me but at the same time kind of spicy!! Love it !

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I'm aware of the notes list on Fragrantica, and agree up to a point, but I don't smell "pear leaf," bergamot, cedar, or patchouli in Hugo XY. I DO smell grapefruit, a touch of pineapple, mint, basil, and sheer musk. Don't expect a natural, funky-smelling grapefruit here; Hugo's top notes are clean, fresh, and sweet. It loses me completely for the first twenty minutes, but then the citrus shimmers off, and a mint/basil combination becomes more evident - and downright blatant if I breathe on it and heat up my skin. Sadly, there's only a paper-thin musk supporting these notes, and the whole scent becomes a pleasant breeze within an hour. Nice enough while it lasted, but nothing memorable here.

KalaSMOKE
KalaSMOKE

Fresh, Spicy fragrance for young men. Longevity is good, more than 5 hours.

jj@jk
jj@jk

Nice fragrance...No tension for daily use....very different.....overall good....last for 4 to 5 hrs.

cyber861
cyber861

یکمی شباهت به هوگو هوگو داره.ولی اون یکم جنگلی تر و تند تره.ولی خب موندگاری تعطیل.فقط برایه خوده آدم خوبه که بزنه یه ساعت حال کنه

ericrico
ericrico

I have a lot of affection for this fragrance - it is a unique scent from a large design house (not even remotely close to niche quality)...but, again, the unique notes are what make this stand out. It is a well-constructed, woody aromatic with some very nice green notes, most notably Pear Leaf - interesting. I don't know another fragrance that has the notes of pear leaf, basil, and mint with refreshing bergamot on top that also warms up so nicely. I have summer scents that stay fresh and clean and then fade. This doesn't have very good longevity, but it dries down with some nice patchouli and cedar. Not overly synthetic in any way, but I would not know how to squeeze the juice out of a pear leaf to make this composition more natural. However, in reflection, I don't know what pear leaf smells like - this is green, crisp and a warms to be a bit earthy and woody. The musk (a key base note here) underneath gets it off the skin a few inches, but really this is moderate projection at most. It smells refreshing, and I'm glad it is not 'fruity' in any way.

So, to me, this is a truly original fragrance that is office-friendly, business casual or suit and definitely one that draws female attention. It is, for me, a casual scent and I enjoy wearing it on sun-filled days. I have said this before - I don't like fragrances with monster longevity all the time, although I appreciate powerhouse scents for what "they" are. This is opposite of that...it is a wonderful, fresh, vibrant, green, inviting and sensual scent that lasts about 3-4 hours or so (apply liberally and to clothes and skin). 8-10 sprays is not too much (layering it helps on skin as well - plus use the After Shave Balm if you buy a set...a nicely-scented base). Hugo Boss has done a lot with bringing originality to the world of fragrance (Hugo is one of my favorites from my start in the great big world after college) and this is a very solid scent based on how it smells to me alone - forget longevity. Reapply or put another fragrance on later in the day or evening. Simply very good stuff. Nice allure. 7+/10.

tomerits
tomerits

a nice daily scent,i love wearing this for office but wish it would last longer on my skin. suitable for summer and spring.
like the smell a lot.
my rank 3.5/5.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

This is very strange.

I get the pear vibe, then the pear leaf and some freshness, but the spices or whatever else just create a very odd spicy-green feel, maybe the basil. Like some sort of odd chutney mixed with sweet tar. Not for me again.

2/5.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

The pear leaf is really pronunced here, creating a tea vibe. This one is rather fresh with a hint of sweetness, somewhat linear and affordable. Mint and basil try to fight but keeps the second place, only supporting. Summarizing: the scent consists in pear tea-like smell which gives bittersweet tones and some green touches accompanying. Basil and mint are really hidden but, after a while, it gets a little more attention. Patchouli isn't too clear for me. Light and likeable scent, good for summer or everyday wear but not for too high temperature cause it may be sickening.

On me:
Sillage: Nice
Longevity: Reasonable (4h+)

soleroc
soleroc

Just an FYI to a few of you that had previously reviewed this frag.... THIS IS NOT AN AQUATIC! It is an AROMATIC. I can see how some of you might think that, but... Oh wait! No I can't!! To each their own - nose. Thanks. This one is ok. Not bad but, it has been done before and it has been done better.

PK22
PK22

Occasion: Spring and summer, day time, casual.

Projection: 4/10
Uniqueness: 9/10
Versatility: 7/10
OVERALL: 32/50

veeta
veeta

my boyfriend use it and i love love love love how it smelled on him...make me can't stop sniffing him..LOL
it smell nice and fresh...me love it!!

periquito89
periquito89

Fresh and something a bit green in the very first moment. And then, feels like a reminiscence from Del Mar, as if both scents shared the same sweet signature. Not bad but, why to bother?

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Yup, woody and aquatic.
I like it but I don't. I was initially dissapointed but then comparing to that disappointment the drydown doesnt seem so bad.
In aquatics, i have encountered a fair number I'd much prefer.
I'd accept it as a gift but wouldn't go and pay for it.
I find myself disappointed in Boss these days.

arrogante
arrogante

It's wet but doesn't smell like most aquatics. It's fresh but it is woody. It's fruity without relying on citrus. And it's from BOSS. I was quite intrigued, admittedly.

Definitely made for the younger crowd, Hugo XY is totally a scent I would use during hot days when I just want to smell 'pleasant' and 'inoffensive'. The top smells of wet fruit (pear?); it is zesty and fresh. But this quickly subsides to form a wood-herbal accord that vaguely reminds me of frozen vegetables. The whole scent, for me, evokes the image of a forest after a rain.

Contrary to most people, I get decent longevity on Hugo XY. Though, projection is REALLY subtle unless it's a very hot day and you perspire too much. All in all decent, but not unique.

Dad jax
Dad jax

it might have been ranked it in my top 20 if the longevity wasnt so poor!

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

I have a bottle of XY and after I have tested it for a couple of times, I think I can talk some about this fragrance.
Definitely XY is a woody aromatic. I can clearly smell pear leaf in the opening and some woods during drydown.
XY is a nice casual scent with longevity around 6 hours. This is that kind of inoffensive, modern and clean fragrance, perfect for hot days.
My final rating: 8.0/10

andrevarx
andrevarx

A decent EDT, is aquatic and type notes but very wet green wood in general is a bit linear, a very sober and manly scent, but emotionless happy, they are as between gray and sophisticated, I can be defined either as a fragrance tends to woody-aquatic.

I think the age of use is from teens to men younger than 40, more mature men think this fragrance it is too incomplete, perfect for nightclubs, some sober, nothing to impress a woman.

masciam
masciam

Just a nice, fresh and soft scent, but really boring and not worth the money. People say that it only lasts for about 2 hours, but I can spray it in the morning and still smell it in late afternoon. I guess it's just my skin.

Lance

Hugo is always green! And I love it.
This doesnt stand out of that! I love it from the very first sniff, and decided to buy immediately!
But,
By that time, I didn't recognize that it's too light and weak, all I thought is about the beautiful green herbal scent.
Very disappointed, it smells good but too weak and light, no one notice that u wearing fragrance, and it's gone in about 1 hour.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Smells like fresh nothingness. I feel swindled for paying 20-some-odd bucks for a small bottle of XY. The bottle's nice, but that's where it yields. The scent itself is good to freshen up the inside of your car.

guest_Gonfa
guest_Gonfa

A bit too subtle, and it vanishes rather quick. But the scent itself is not feminin at all. It proves that you can have complex fresh smells that are masculin at the same time. Love it, just don't wear it if you go outside because it'll be gone in no time

Jave26
Jave26

This is a very nice fragrance, I consider this a fresh just came out the shower scent. XY has decent longevity good sillage, this is worthy of a thumbs up.

Lance

I like this scent but it lasts toooooo short :(

gianmarco
gianmarco

amazing scent, so clean and fresh and it has a nice masculine combo that is rare to find in good clean scents, recomended! deffinatly something to have in your collection

rx
rx

Confusing scent. I tried to like it, but still can't understand what the scent is all about. The smell is vague.

guest_Vik
guest_Vik

Very light fragrance. Not really a cologne. Does not last long - 2 hrs tops. Smells almost feminine. Not impressed. Waste of money.

guest_Andrew
guest_Andrew

As all Hugo Boss perfumes absolutely unoriginal. Just something fresh and in line with modern fresh-woody trends, lasts for maybe 2 hours and that's it.

hotaru
hotaru

hubby bought this as he insisted to have a pair fragrance with me LOL. i got the XX, and not really like it, so it just stood as a decorative stuff on my table. so he bought the XY. surprisingly, XY smells really nice. it's light and refreshing, minty and somewhat spicy. i love how it smells on my hubby :)

andy
andy

nice scent, but it smells a lot like the hugo spray just with a couple new notes. unoriginal

manishkumar
manishkumar

it simply doesnt last and it vanishes after about 4 hrs of use, and the best light notes will vanish from the bottle itself it not used for 3 months

The mint and basil really shine on this one. A really light, subtle scent with good longevity and sillage. The mint/basil combined with the other notes, this becomes one of Hugo's best offerings to date. I love it!

valdano
valdano

THis is actually one of the best light scent from HUgo!

I love the Mint from this scent, that's warmed me with attitude! and the girls always loves it...

BethAshley
BethAshley

The citrus and basil stand out the most in this fragrance. It smells like there was a decent fragrance in half the bottle and then was diluted with water which resulted in this watery cologne. To me it's a men's version of body spray.

A total waste of money, thank goodness my bf was given it for free. There are so many wonderful options for men's fragrances, this one is pointless and boring in comparison.

urobian
urobian

a simple green fruity fragance, nothing new to share. sure is not a hit to stores-sales, hugo boss needs to think something more..

01emino
01emino

I didnt really like this one, feels like wasted money, its too light it vanishes in an hour you have to keep spraying.

ticalau
ticalau

to sweet and nothing special about this one... smell like teil! No to mention the bottle...omg!!! to simple... looks really modest! :(

vertigo
vertigo

sorry, harajukulovers, that wasn't very smart. people learn this in primary school.

I can easily smell bergamot and basil in this scent. It's nice, discreet, should be ok for an office worker.

coco76
coco76

so far this is the only boss fragrance my husband likes (and hes tried 4 of them) personally i find it nice but a little boring and no-name.

tuky

Hugo Boss Hugo XY Eau De Toilette Spray 60ml 2oz
Hugo Boss Hugo XY Eau De Toilette Spray 60ml 2oz
Hugo Boss Hugo XY Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Hugo Boss Hugo XY Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Hugo XY fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Hugo XY, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hugo XY by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hugo XY by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.