Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

Ambre Ceruleen Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men

Ambre Ceruleen Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men
dislike

Ambre Ceruleen Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men Pictures Ambre Ceruleen Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men Pictures Ambre Ceruleen Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men Pictures Ambre Ceruleen Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men Pictures

Ambre Ceruleen by Huitieme Art Parfums is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. Ambre Ceruleen was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume. The fragrance features sandalwood, opoponax, tonka bean, lemon verbena and powdery notes.

Sandalwood Opoponax Tonka Bean Lemon Verbena Powdery Notes

Anne Pliska

Ambre Ceruleen Fragrance Reviews

gelo999
gelo999

Ambre Ceruleen is a really nice fragrance with a modern structure and say to avant-garde.

Explore an original and surprising way various facets of an amber oriental fragrance.

First open the natural essence of verbena scent CO2 and mixed with synthetic scents exploring on almond facet Tonka Bean that is beautiful the so pleasant shock created, creating a scent like a slightly sweet almonds with a hint of citrus lemon and a point floral soft, all progresses to drying with a balsamic agreement, sweeter, dusty and thick with opopanax and sandalwood, moreover tonka bean rotates a soapy point sniffing set as wax, somewhat weaker than start but still a whole, very interesting, nice, portable and with enough quality.

Rating: 7

I think Ceruleen means '...up the wahzoo!'

This is an INTENSELY resinous warm, deep uber powdery amber... This is an attack of amber!
The quality displayed here is great because it's all about balance. The opening is wierd the whole thing takes time to develop but when it does it's gorgeous!
Rough, for just a moment a sweet, hot spice effect (a bit like cinnamon) coming from opoponax, then smooth tonka beans and sandalwood. This is an example of simple construction where the notes themselves have several facets which shine to create more than the some of it's parts.
I like amber so naturally this scent appeals to me however I can definitely see how it would be too much for some.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Ambre Céruléen opens with a gloomy, "chypre-esque" amber accord, with almost an "animalic" and castoreum-like note (it's not that, but has the same "feel"), and a general earthy and carnal vibe, blended with a balsamic-medicinal accord of cloves and spices. Bolder and denser than other works by Guillaume, still with his signature "simplicity" of style and composition, quite powerful too. Powdery notes of white musks with a hint of iris roots complete the composition. A dense, dirty, poisonously sweet and bold accord of tonka, sandalwood and opoponax with a dry, boozy, "animalic" tone gives the scent a shady, sweetish, woody, vanilla-resins heart, which after a while turns into a fairly cloying camphor-sweet note (a sort of gingerbread-like note). The amber accord is honestly not that well executed in my opinion, or better said, it sounds a bit flat and "put aside", not much dense nor deep, it's dusty and velvety but in a sort of uninspired way. Plus it kind of smells "separated" from the opoponax-tonka-sandalwood accord which to me is kind of prominent (and since I don't like these notes, especially the first two which soon create a sort of warm sweet bread feel I can not stand, I kind of wished it was less powerful). Anyway, as minutes pass it all gets instead more interesting, the blend kind of mixes together in a more thick and harmonic accord getting drier and less sweet-ish (it stays sweet, just losing the –ish), the powdery-medicinal side emerges with more strength, always keeping it ambery (finally more clearly) and resinous but in a darker, drier and more "martial" way. Nonetheless, despite the amber emerges more clearly later one, overall more than ambery it's definitely a woody-resinous-balsamic scent with an ambery base and a bittersweet, almost edible prominent accord of resins and woods. A nice sort of classic chypre played on different notes, less animalic, musky and rooty than classic chypres, more ambery and sweet with a soapy side, still somehow dark, dirty and stale that way. Persistence is light, as almost all Guillaume's work I've tested. Not a bad scent, not my cup of tea surely, but quite interesting and maybe even pleasant, or even great, if you like those notes.

7,5/10

sunnyinphilly
sunnyinphilly

One of the most beautiful amber I have ever tried.
Very smooth and well balanced.
Definitely give it a try! You can fall even in love with it like me.

Allinug
Allinug

Amber, amber, amber...it's all amber...to much, no thank you!

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Very true and natural ambra. This smell like oil Ambra from Egipt or Tunisia :)

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Sample courtesy of LuckyScent.

It's a very powdery-feminine amber, sweet light and bright. Certainly I would say a true feminine amber!

Accompanied by some darker-herbal undertones with some more added powder. It starts off like this, and while I do like sweet, powder is not quite my thing unfortunately. As hard as I try, I just cannot find the verbena note listed, although that could have been the muted fresh herbal note I just about detected at the top.

It takes time for the amber to really take effect, but it's quite nice when it does. Just about.

But the main theme of this scent is sweet powder, like the powder balms girls buff their faces with- it's endless! Too 'nice' and feminine for me, so my personal score cannot be great. Also, it's very linear- so it's really one for testing before splashing out as this is one of the more pricier niches (not Amouage-like, but one to watch out for anyhow).

I was really looking for more woods, and especially more resinous qualities of the amber/opoponax itself, but sadly, none came. Really is one for ladies who love their amber-powder!

2/5 for me. 3/5 overall.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This is such a beautiful, warm fragrance and one that's perfect as a comfort scent on a cold day.

The opening is creamy and smooth, the opoponax dominating at the start, and a hint of the verbena jazzing up the composition.

As it dries down, it becomes a powdery amber, quite sweet and clean.

I find the lasting power of this one is around 5 hours, which isn't the best, but is acceptable enough.

This one has become a staple for me this winter, already getting a few wearings.

I like the fragrance so much, in fact, that Ambre Céruléen definitely has a prime place in my top five favorite Pierre Guillaume creations.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Honeyed amber, incense, vanilla. Cozy sweater scent, great for winter. Similar to some Tauer bases.
Recommend for women.

ocean.lake
ocean.lake

Overall, it is a powdery balm of an airy amber scent.

In the first spray, I can smell a bit bitter scent of crushed almond (but, this is a denser version to the one I found in FM L'Eau d'Hiver).

I also detected smell like a rubbery scent and kinda annoyed me. I was about to think that this fragrance might not be my cup of tea.

Then I realized that I was wrong. The drydown was sweet ambery, like MPG Ambre Precieux but little bit harsher. Silage and longevity are quite good.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Huitieme Art Parfums Ambre Ceruleen fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Huitieme Art Parfums Ambre Ceruleen, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambre Ceruleen by Huitieme Art Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambre Ceruleen by Huitieme Art Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.