Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Fareb Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men
dislike

herbal
leather
Fareb Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men Pictures Fareb Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men Pictures Fareb Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men Pictures Fareb Huitieme Art Parfums for women and men Pictures

Fareb by Huitieme Art Parfums is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Fareb was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume. The fragrance features immortelle, ginger, leather and sand.

Immortelle Ginger Leather Sand

Sables

Fareb Fragrance Reviews

deadidol
deadidol

Strong in smell yet weak in build, Fareb reminds me of an early draft of Fate Man even though Fareb came first. I’d describe this scent as a cumin-infused cedar over semi-oriental candy notes with a rough, dry edge to it (think Les Nez’s Lion). Vague florals (powdery iris) and fruits (raisin-esque) add ornament, yet the scent remains dry and even a bit shrill. There’s a savory, curried feel to the whole thing, but after 30 minutes it becomes a dull sugary, lip-sticky base. Not bad, but not great either. I’d check out El Attarine or Fate Man for more successful takes on the same style.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

The Huitieme Art Perfume website states this frag contains Bois d'Immortelle, as opposed to the everlasting flower that most folks in the frag community consider to be Immortelle (Helichrysum italicum.) BdI (or Erythrina fusca, as it's known botanically) is a species of flowering tree in the legume family, with beautiful, fragrant, deep coral flowers, similar in appearance to sweet peas.

It appears both Fragrantica as well as many folks reviewing this frag are under the same impression that I was, specifically that Fareb was a big Immortelle frag, specifically the shrub with the yellow flowers native to the sand dunes of Corsica.

curvealert
curvealert

Save yourself some cash by buying some curry powder and rubbing it on your pulse points. You will smell more or less like this.

theperfumedveil
theperfumedveil

If there is a smell of pure heat, this is it. I am not talking about burning. It is hot sand. The smell of hot sand. And bitter spices. Disturbing.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Fareb is an unexpectedly (for me) powerful bomb by Pierre Guillaume, basically an immortelle powerhouse with smoky and woody notes – I miss the leather, to be honest. I say "unexpectedly" powerful because all the other scents I tried made by this nose were fairly lighter, this was quite a surprise, like when you listen to a record and one of the tracks has been mastered to a louder volume, so you rush lowering the volume. Anyway, in Fareb you have this central, monolithic wrap-up of immortelle surrounded by spices, resins and woody notes, allegedly leather too but I don't smell it at any point. The general feel is sweet, almost candied (there's ginger), with pollen notes, a brownish fog, earth and roots. There is indeed a similarity with 1740 by Histoires de Parfums, whereas the latter is darker, richer, and more boozy-tobacco. Fareb is more "organic" in a way, more earthy, simple, and brighter. Although it's a bit linear and as I said, quite loud for a while, it's surely a deal if you like the notes, notably immortelle: it's bold, dense, substantial, well built and deadly persistent – almost haunting after a while.

7,5-8/10

Denoula
Denoula

This makes me wish I had an Indian restaurant nearby so I could wear it to go out for a curry. Like now, immediately.

Opens boozy and dense which a touch of spicy ginger and almost seems quite sweet. This subsides and as it settles you get the spice and an arabian culinary feel. One thing I can't stand is the strange buttery, honey like floral smell of Immortale. It's very distinctive indeed and if it's not really your cup of tea then you won't enjoy Fareb. The smell reminds me of something but I just can't place it? It connects to some deeply hidden olfactory memory from my childhood which has been repressed.
It kinda smells a little grubby which maybe is what the 'leather' note is all about, because I wouldn't describe this as leathery, certainly not in anyway I find appealing...It's maybe slighty woody even?
I want to hate this and I'd never dream of wearing it with so many excellent fragrances out there but something about it intrigues me. As it becomes a slight skin scent in the drydown it smells so natural and thought provoking that I can't help but have some 'carcrash' response which keeps me sniffing.
It's the uniqueness I expected from Huitieme Art.

Update: I know what it reminds me of now and it's a real childhood smell...WAX CRAYONS.

CLevol
CLevol

Fareb reminds me of the streets in the old city of Fez; leather, kind of incence (elemi?) and the sweetness of honey and (dryed) flowers. I loved the old city of Fez!

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

This one has a boozy and resinous opening with hints of ginger.

Then, a soft floral accord appears with a touch of honey and a balanced/soft curry (very very good) on top.

The leather here appears in a few minutes but gets stronger within an hour - luxurious and as a velvet on our skins.

I love this one. Different and chic.
I will get a bottle for sure.

:D

globalscene
globalscene

if this was a song - its don't speak by no doubt.

Cereza
Cereza

I did not get anything complicated note wise out of this. It was pretty much straight forward from the opening trough the end.
It started with an immortele and soon was followed by ginger and leather, like this it stayed all the way. Immortele here feels very medical as it is very well blended together with all the other notes. Leather is very easy for the nose, stays in the background, so does the ginger. Together it makes a medical woody fragrance, like an empty medicine cabinet made from woods.
"Fareb" for me is very shy, stays close to skin and does not develop.
I am kinda dissapointed with this as I hoped it would be something special, but unfortunately it is not.

Unisex, yes, but on me it was a bit too manly for a female to wear.

Migotka
Migotka

Fareb is a sort of cousin to a few PG's creations. It sort of made me think of Aomassai and Corps et Ames. Not the notes perhaps, but the overall feeling. Fareb is spicy, with a big dose of herbs, woods and leather notes. It might as well have been another number in Parfumerie Generale's collection... Also, very surprisingly, on me it bears a faint resemblance to Feminite du Bois, or perhaps my nose just makes weird associations.

It is sort, rooty, warm, dry and somehow... sweet at the same time. Quite an interesting experience, but fails to grab my attention. Slowly develops in the background. It smells a lot more complicated than what the notes say, but the scent did not inspire me personally.

trax
trax

This is sooo high on my wishlist! To me it is very dry rooty, musty in a "empty wooden spice-cabinet feel" but more from the spiced up wood than from spice alone.
I do not get much if any leather, get more of a black tea with dried berries in it, cumin but pleasantly balanced and a tiny curry feel (Which I can imagine may project abit stronger on some, giving out the spice cabinet feel)
It has a totally different array of spices then say Piper Nigrum which I also adore. Fareb is way softer, warmer. Soft spices, no pepper or sauna eucalyptus feel. I do not know what Immortelle smells like though I get that there is something in Sables which is here as well, only more airy, dry, rooty, spiced tea-like. And no burnt sugar feel! Like tea-spiced dry roots warmed up and withered by the hot desert winds. I soo crave this!
But test before buy, some have read my love for it and only gotten a very boring uncreative spice cabinet on their skin. Well luckily for me, here it shines!
My only love from the Huiteme line so far, and I have tried a few.

Fareb strikes as an innovative take on Immortelle which emphasizes the plant's aromatic/resinous/spicy aspect instead of the dark burnt sugary one. The fragrance smells modern, natural and incredibly masculine with a consitent dose of immortelle joined in the opening by fizzy ginger and turning leathery/woody during the outstanding drydown. Good projection and lasting power.

Overall Fareb is a consistent and bold fragrance but avoids the heavyness of other compositions of the same genre. If you like immortelle but find 1740 or Sables to be overly sweet due to the pipe-tobacco in the former and the amber in the latter, Fareb is the one to go for. Very good.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I am a great fan of Huitième Art Parfums and I think that Pierre Guillaume is a fantastic parfumeur.

I've already bought full bottles of three of his perfumes, and I'm considering two others.

So, you can imagine my disappointment when I tried this scent, and found that I really dislike it.

To me this smells very much like straight up curry powder. The opening was literally like having a pot of curry powder thrown all over me.

It's strong and pungent and could even be considered a sort of savory gourmand.

The immortelle and its spicy, curry like aroma undoubtedly dominates the fragrance, but the other notes listed here are incorrect.

According to the HAP website the notes are:

- Bois d'Immortelle
- Leather
- Hot Sand
- Ginseng

Underneath the curry-like pungency of the immortelle is the leather note, which gives it a slight musty and antiquated aroma...sort of like 3 week old food forgotten in the back of the refrigerator.

I've noticed a few other *curry* smelling perfumes recently, most notably Fougère Bengale by Parfum d'Empire, which I also didn't like. Perhaps it is my skin chemistry that warps them, but even from their vials, they didn't agree with me.

This is not the kind of fragrance I would want to wear, but still I have to admit that it's a well made perfume, and a good quality.

It's very potent stuff with great sillage and it outlasted 2 scrubbing attempts by me, sticking around for over 6 hours, in spite of my trying to wash it off. So good news for anyone who enjoys it.

I guess this perfume is a perfect example of how you can't please all of the people all of the time. I'm sure there are a lot of fans of this scent out there.

But it's not for me so I will stick with some of the Pierre Guillaume creations that I find much more beautiful.

candy-datura
candy-datura

Just two notes? I can't believe it. "Fareb" is loaded with spices very heavily.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Almost savory. Smells exactly like a sherried turkey I baked one Thanksgiving. Herbal and slightly tart/sweet like cranberry. Intruiging masculine fragrance in my opinion. Great for a chef!

prot72
prot72

This is one of the most unusual fragrance I know in my life. Very niche, very special. Pierre Guillaume created this masterpiece to show the feeling of the Middle East countries as far as I know. The dusty full of tobacco smell of coffee shops, where people are sitting on the leather sofas spending their lazy time. He catches perfectly the atmosphere. This is how everything goes in those places. Just close you eyes and imagine your vacation not in exclusive hotels on Sinai Peninsula but in old villages somewhere in Jordan, Syria or Egypt. However this is not the oriental type of fragrance it is rather the smell of places which will last in your memory for long time. Fareb is not very expensive and for sure worth its price. Fareb is in the group of my first five favorite fragrances ever created.

Justyna
Justyna

Just perfect. Immortal allure. The best of the "8".

Fareb by Huitieme Art Parfums 3.49 out of 5 based on 63 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Huitieme Art Parfums Fareb fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Huitieme Art Parfums Fareb, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fareb by Huitieme Art Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fareb by Huitieme Art Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.