Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Ambra del Nepal I Profumi di Firenze for women and men

Ambra del Nepal I Profumi di Firenze for women and men
dislike

Ambra del Nepal I Profumi di Firenze for women and men Pictures

Ambra del Nepal is a sensual and luxurious oriental scent composed of amber, cardamom and creamy vanilla from Madagascar. Available in bottles of 12 and 50 ml. Ambra del Nepal was launched in 1990. The nose behind this fragrance is Giovanni Di Massimo.

Coriander

Enchanting

Ambra del Nepal Fragrance Reviews

Madrona
Madrona

I don't know what to think about this one, really. I feel like there is much more to this perfume than meets the eye (nose?), and certainly more notes than the listed ones. Is it a vanillic amber? Yes, definitely. But I also detect a muted black cherry, dried fruit and even rose. I cannot seem to put my finger on this composition, it is somehow fleeting and eludes me.

Ferminadaza
Ferminadaza

Delicious and warm, safe and comforting. When you want to feel as though you've been embraced by the one who loves you most or at the very least the warmest cashmere blanket--wear this. It starts with spice that mellows into a warm heat on the skin circling around a toffee center. It's not a gourmand however, instead it moves beyond the momentary sensation of the palate and evokes the psychological references that we associate with richly decadent and comforting aroma of freshly made toffee or a caramelized brulee.

Purchased the bottle as a blind buy and I am so happy that I did. While I can't say that this will be an all time favorite, I do see it as a recurring winter/cold weather indulgence. I'm finding that it's also good layered beneath lighter honey scents often put away for the summer and spring---it provides a solid base.

As an aside, I find it so funny that every perfume listed as "enjoyed by those who like this perfume on the Fragrantica side bar for this perfume are perfumes that I either own (and love) or desire (and love).

Hilarious. They have me pegged!

K1
K1

Truly I suddenly feel cocooned in a thick fur coat in Himalaya with yaks and sherpas. Something wild and ururbanized woven within comforting and harmless vanilla of this composition, keeps me out of this world. A good perfume is not by price, package, brand, etc. It is by the very theme it imitates and the very sense it passes. Ambra del Nepal is sort of cashmerean-like woodsy, vanillic, sublime soft smoky, and divine animalic ambergris fragrance.
★★★★

shellysmellys
shellysmellys

Light fresh vanilla , the cardamon is there but sits right behide the amber hidden. It stays warm and cozy but after 6 hours it gets a freshness. It is a light skin scent. Love it layered. I have received complements after I could no longer smell it. Nice but light.

thedashingdarlings
thedashingdarlings

A very pleasant vanilla-amber with decent longevity that sits fairly close to the skin. While it's very cozy and warm, there's not much to make me reach for this as opposed to any other number of vanilla-ambers that have a bit more interest or sillage.

Probably won't buy a full bottle of this, but maybe a small decant. It is very nice and cozy, but a little too simplistic for my tastes.

ebony5
ebony5

Lovely, sublime, comforting and yet also arousing in the right context. Not a terribly complex fragrance but still an all time favorite and my signature scent. I suppose it must be the naturalness of the ingredients and the purity of the recipe. Definitely look up the story behind this brand. This is a fragrance that could become your signature - a true and basic recipe that mends to your own chemistry and will fetch you compliment after compliment.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Lovely, warm and spicy with a great vanilla note that lasts through the drydown. The cardamom is very much in play and it gives a beautiful spicy note to the fragrance. This lasts a few hours on skin. Not a whole lot of sillage, but who needs it when you feel so cosy with this scent on your skin.

When I first tried this scent I found the vanilla a bit too sweet in the middle notes, but this time around I am loving it. It reminds me of a much more reasonably priced but still lovely Ambre Narguile.

I give this one two thumbs up particularly for the value. A nice sized bottle is only $99 at Barney's so I bought it with the Barney's gift certificate I got for Christmas. This is a very lovely scent that gets better and better on your skin as the hours go by.

fanny
fanny

What to say after Kterhark and Doc Elly, except my ears are curling with pleasure.
My ears? Yes, my ears.
My nose is drunk.

I _w a n t _i t

longevity: after 12 hours my skin is still giving exquisite amber

luxatron
luxatron

My first thought upon applying was bubblegum. As in, that the pink sugary bubblegum dusted with powder that you get on Halloween but no one wants to eat. Blergh.

This is fruity and sweet amber, not smokey, sensual amber. Ambra del Nepal is melon and sweet resins, and that's about it. No spices, no oriental vibe...just honeydew melon slathered in honey-sweet resins. Extra sad points because I can't smell any cardamom in this, and it's my favorite spice. I'll pass.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

A rich amber full of an intense cistus oil (a form of labdanum), incense, resins, sweet vanilla, and something that smells like apples. I don’t smell much of anything spicy, so if there’s cardamom in the mix it’s not obvious.

Overall, this is similar to Madini Ambre, Olympic Orchids Amber, and Hermes Ambre Narguile, sort of like a cross between the three, but sweeter than any of them, fruiter than the first two, and lacking the strong musk that is in the third. Having said this, I obviously love Ambra del Nepal.

The sillage lasts for about 2-3 hours, after which it becomes a sweet, slightly musky and spicy skin scent. The spice at this point is more like cinnamon than cardamom. Even the skin scent is gone after 4-5 hours, so longevity is moderate. Overall, this is an excellent fragrance, worth trying if you like amber.

Kterhark
Kterhark

This is such a well covered genre that the only thing you can do as a perfumer is not make a mistake.

So how does i profumi fare? Well. But I must confess, I LOVE amber fragrances; they ooze opulence and well being. Give me amber as the leading character and I'll give you my undying adoration.

But Profumi adds a special treat. I don't know how it's happening, but there is a low humming incence vibe. Not church-y incense, but boudoir sensuous incense. Mmm.

Oh, and did I mention the price? Very affordable in the smaller size. I may have to give in on this one...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about I Profumi di Firenze Ambra del Nepal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about I Profumi di Firenze Ambra del Nepal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambra del Nepal by I Profumi di Firenze. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambra del Nepal by I Profumi di Firenze represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.