Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Violetta di Bosco I Profumi di Firenze for women
dislike

I have it: 11 I want it: 25 My signature: 1

Violetta di Bosco I Profumi di Firenze for women Pictures

Classic scent reminiscent of a grandmother's past a bit far. The heart of this fragrance is composed mainly marked by tones of violet and iris, enhanced by tears of benzoin and heliotrope, while shades of Peach, Anise and celery are used to spread a pleasant fragrance in the air.

Anise Celery

Violet iris Lily-of-the-Valley Peach

Vetiver Benzoin Heliotrope

Les Fleurs: Violette

Violetta di Bosco Fragrance Reviews

RazzmaTazz
RazzmaTazz

This was no coup de foundre...but after a couple carefull and get to know eachother sniffs and Violetta; I'm in love!!
This is such a beautiful perfume made by a beautiful house.

It's pure violets, the real thing! It's powder, no babypowder, but chalky? It's very natural smelling and very unique! Soft sillage and long lasting power.
I wish i lived closer to Florence so i could sniff all their perfumes.
And, Jenga below reffered to Guerlain Meteorites.. i smelled them yesterday in store and it is indeed the same.

Edit 18-02-2016
IN LOVE!

SuzySchnabel
SuzySchnabel

TOPNOTE SELLERY IS WRONG
On their site topnote only :anice

Ditta70
Ditta70

I received a small bottle of extrait of Violetta di Bosco today in a blind swap and it absolutely blew my mind! This is probably the weirdest violet I have ever smelled, in a very good way! With this name and packaging I expected a slightly touristy, old school granny-violet (nothing wrong with it!) to bring back home from the Italian holidays, something in the vein of Violettes de Toulouse. Boy, I was sooo wrong! I don't think whoever wrote the description in the database ever smelled this perfume! Grandmama's past my foot! Violetta di Bosco is fresh, fruity, tart, edgy, as Italian as it goes, speaks loud and has a lot to say, is bold, confident and choc-a-bloc full of zesty sunshine! On my skin it is also spicy in a piquant way: not Oriental spicy, but herb spicy with a slightly bitter or medicinal edge. Extremely interesting perfume, which kept me smiling all day today! Recommended.

Jettamine
Jettamine

Violet is my favorite. I have sampled many, I wear several, but Violetta di Bosco is the one that feels the most me. I wouldn't be without it. The notes look simultaneously strange (celery and peach?) and familiar (violet and anise) giving the perfume an overall uniquely beautiful feel. It opens bright and somewhat green, with anise and a sweet violet evident. Eventually the green, bright quality fades and is replaced by, to my nose, primarily benzoin. The violet and anise are consistent throughout, which is not really typical; it seems like the violet in most perfumes fades away leaving only the basenotes.

Violetta di Bosco isn't a violet/anise watercolor like Après L'Ondee, and it is not as classically perfume-y and polished as Caron's Aimez-Moi. Rather, Violetta di Bosco is what I had hoped for in CB I Hate Perfume's A Room With A View, (which is definitely worth a try too, but my husband found the dirt/soil note off-putting in the extreme) in that it is romantic, maybe a little rustic, and evocative of an Italian countryside.

As much as I love it now, VdB was not love at first smell for me. I tried it many times before it clicked. I immediately loved the brightness of the opening, the violet note is the very best, but the anise was so strong on me-- that took a lot of getting used to. Also, on me, the sillage smells much better than the scent right on my skin, which again, took some getting used to. But I would do a camel walk for the violet note in VdB, so I kept at it!

I think all perfumes are unisex (if you like it, wear it!) but I get that not everyone feels that way. This is one that I can't see drawing any negative attention at all if worn by a man. I envision this as a primarily purple perfume, with good sillage, and good longevity. I highly recommend sampling before buying.

Jenge
Jenge

Wow! This is a strong ultraviolet scent to me! Guerlain Meteorites scent turned up to 10! Very violetty, I would say candied, with some background green & powder supporting it. One walk through spray will last most of the day. More than that is too cloying for me.

Also similar to Creed's Love in Black without the currant.

Highly recommend for violet lovers!

pansylady
pansylady

The most natural, fresh-smelling violet I've come across, by far- it attains the perfect balance between the cool, damp green quality and the sweetness of violet blossom. Incredibly good staying power, too, for such a light-bodied fragrance- highly recommended for violet lovers!

houstcs
houstcs

Great violet scent, I typically prefer green sharp violets and this has both the sharp green and the powdery violet as well. What was perfect is that as my body heat changed up and down throughout the day the scent would bounce from green to soft powdery violet, far from standard violet. Very nicely done. Huge violet fan and this is one I would like to own

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This is one of the most beautiful wild violets ever...a favorite of mine for a long time. Pure, true violets growing wild on a hillside. Magical... I get a lipstick feel in the beginning also, which gives this perfume a wonderful power room boudoir-type of scent too. Yes, this takes me away to that special place...

A very special little purple violets perfume, feminine and delicate...violets, violets all the way, like finding a hidden treasure.
This is right up there on my top five...

Violetta di Bosco by I Profumi di Firenze 4.25 out of 5 based on 14 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about I Profumi di Firenze Violetta di Bosco fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about I Profumi di Firenze Violetta di Bosco, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Violetta di Bosco by I Profumi di Firenze. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Violetta di Bosco by I Profumi di Firenze represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.