Designers » I-K » Woody Aromatic « Groups

The Iceberg Fragrance for Men Iceberg for men

The Iceberg Fragrance for Men Iceberg for men
dislike

The Iceberg Fragrance for Men Iceberg for men Pictures

After The Iceberg Fragrance for women from 2008, its masculine companion, The Iceberg Fragrance for Men appeared on the market in 2009.

It is constructed as an aromatic fragrance with bergamot, lavender and cardamom in top notes. Its heart is sensual and constructed of delicate rose, iris, ambrette and cedar. Base notes carry the same aromas as the version for men - warm and sensual vanilla. Sage is in charge of contrasts, as well as ambroxan which serves as signature of self-confident Iceberg man.

Its flacon is created like the edition from previous year, but coloured in grey-silver nuances. The line includes 30 and 50 ml EDT. The perfume arrived on the market in March 2009. Perfumer is Antoine Maisondieu iz Givaudan.

Bergamot Lavender Cardamom

Rose iris Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Virginia Cedar

Vanilla Sage

Dior Homme
Paul Smith Man

The Iceberg Fragrance for Men Fragrance Reviews

motelirrelevant
motelirrelevant

Taking the suggestions of other users here and finding the price to be too good to pass up, I tried Iceberg and was not disappointed. The initial cedar overtones are compelling enough and I swear I'm not making this up within minutes of wearing this out in public I was told "you smell really good" by a total stranger. Great spring scent, and for under $30 for a 100ml bottle with shipping from most retailers this fragrance is worth investigating whether you were a fan of the nose Antoine Maisondieu scents as I was take notice and buy this scent, you shan't be disappointed...

Roman86
Roman86

Cedar overload with the top notes so if you're not a fan of cedar then stay away. If you love cedar then this is a quality fragrance. It's a natural smelling so if you love natural notes and are a fan of being in a forest on a warm day and smelling all that is natural around then this may be worth a look.

edge42
edge42

This may be the most beautiful scent for the money, period! That's the best way I can describe Iceberg for Men, it's a very beautiful scent that makes you question the tiny price tag every time you smell it. Big props to member 'apostol' for opening my eyes to this one, I've really been enjoying it a lot since picking it up earlier this month.

To me, this reminds me of Gucci Pour Homme I and Gucci Envy because of the way cedar is blended here. But I also think this is reminiscent of Dior Homme as well (the vintage formulation in particular), with it's sparkling florals and gorgeous vanilla. Iceberg for Men also has some of Dior Homme's powderiness, but in a more restrained way. It's not a knock off of any of these 3 scents to my nose, but I wouldn't doubt if they were it's inspiration. And that's ok with me, because the end result is really good and unique. I can't stop pulling my shirt up over my face for another big whiff of the stuff.

That is some big praise for a fragrance that cost me all of $20 for a 100ml, but it's well deserved.

In fact, longevity seems to be pretty good too and sillage is about right smack in the middle; not overpowering and not a total skin scent. And you can't forget to mention that bottle, it's very nice - love how the notes are listed on the front.

Overall, this fragrance isn't going to blow anyone's socks off. But it just might when you remember it only cost you a $20 bill. Definitely recommend this one.

MY RATING:

Scent 3.5/4
Longevity 1.5/2
Projection 1.5/2
Versatility 1.5/2

8/10, but probably more like 9/10 if price is considered

hansito
hansito

This frag has a touch of Dior Homme and Ungaro Apparition Intense. Very elegant, smooth and floral.

icesoulja555
icesoulja555

Perfect scent for Spring - it's a little too light for Winter and not quite soft enough for really warm Summer days. Getting a lot of use out of it April, May, June.

attopanimba
attopanimba

Worth it to buy! Whether: try, buy or skip...i choose buy it! Good looking bottle and of course good scent IMO

When I first tried this, I smelled spicy peppery cardamom and powdery milky vanilla iris. Then everything blended together and smelled much like pencil shaving or vetiver. It's not loud. It's not rosey, nor sweet. It's just a very neutral all around crowd pleasing scent. I can see the similarity between this and Dior Homme as well. Average folks probably couldn't tell a difference anyway. This Iceberg Fragrance is my very first Iceberg, and I am happy with it, especially how affordable it is.

Rich28
Rich28

This frag starts off with strong notes of cedar and iris then mellows into a soft rose/amber/vanilla with the cedar toned down greatly from the opening.

I prefer the drydown to the opening. At this point I think it's quite alluring. Though it softens up in the middle, it has a sort of darkness to it. Like mild mannered Dr. Jekyll who at any minute could turn into Mr. Hyde. He never does, but you keep your eyes fixed on him, because you expect that at any minute he will.

Even though this frag shares some of the same notes with Infusion d'homme, I don't think they're similar at all. I think it has more in common with Dior Homme.

It stays close to the skin after about an hour which surprised me, because it opens really strongly and I was expecting it to be a projection monster, it does last a while however. On my clothes it's woodier, on my skin I get more of the rose, amber and vanilla.

I like it, it's perfect for romantic evenings and nights out. It's warm and romantically playful. It's a tease, mischievous even. I don't think that everyone would like it and it's probably not the most unique frag on the market, however, it's flirtatious and has a certain je ne sais quoi that would keep you coming back.

glitterlust
glitterlust

I'm not one of the ones who thought this had a great bottle and I wasn't expecting a lot from the scent either. What a pleasant surprise!

The initial blast is reminiscent of Dior Homme but this soon morphs into something better. It's not as arrogant as Dior Homme, but softer and quieter. The heart of the scent is quite a light pencil-shavings-cedar note with soft rose blended through (like Rococo). After this it becomes more aromatic, warmer, deeper and a little sweet. I find the lavender and sage manage to deter the orris and vanilla from becoming too prominent.

This is a perfect woody aromatic scent where the notes are well blended and have light and present sillage for a good 4-6 hours.

j_sen32
j_sen32

This smell floral woody for me. I can smell rose which reminds me a lot of Burberry Brit for Men. The Iceberg Fragrance feel similar to Brit, but without the warmness of ginger. In my opinion, The Iceberg Fragrance tends to be cool and Brit tends to be warm. The dry down is nice with woody and iris aroma.

The bottle looks sophisticated. It's quite elegant. Projection and lasting power is good. I think this fragrance suits chic personality very well.

scentualMan
scentualMan

This one is really nice. Its gotta a woody and spicy start that warms up with great iris and floral notes. Finally it finishes with a touch of something powdery with a splash of vanilla giving it a soft and sweet aroma. Really a great one for the fall and winter. I find the longevity and sillage both adequate.
8.5/10

BrokenSwordii
BrokenSwordii

I think there are some notes are missing, such as amber, patchouli in the base
bside amberoxan, "orris" not Iris (orris is white iris clan usually known as iris Florentina or Germanica both from the same iris clan but different root and smell, cedar wood .. there is no brainier with what I say its all written on the bottle

Endymion
Endymion

I was lucky to purchase a bottle of The Iceberg Fragrance on eBay. I adored the design of the bottle, it's very cool.
However, what's inside is not that magnificent or original :( It's THE typical modern male scent. It's soft, a bit sweet but not overtly, and it's so feminine that one might think it's a female or at least a unisex fragrance. As dandy721 mentioned it's similar to Infusion d'homme by Prada. I'm not attracted to these so called modern male scents, they don't have much personality for me.

dandy721
dandy721

Very similar to the Prada's "Infusion D'iris" por homme , and has better staying power which Prada doesan't have. I like the bottle (already seen at Dior and Gucci fragrances )

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Iceberg The Iceberg Fragrance for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Iceberg The Iceberg Fragrance for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Iceberg Fragrance for Men by Iceberg. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Iceberg Fragrance for Men by Iceberg represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.