Designers » I-K » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Chocolat Amere Il Profvmo for men

Chocolat Amere Il Profvmo for men
dislike

cacao

Chocolat Amer is the smell of dark, bitter chocolate and spices for men. It contains notes of galbanum, nutmeg nuts, ginger, sandalwood, incense, flowers and notes of cocoa. Available as 100 ml EDP.

Galbanum Nutmeg Ginger

Jasmine Rose Cacao

Olibanum Sandalwood

Vanille Chocolat
Pasion Choco

Chocolat Amere Fragrance Reviews

hedwiginberlin
hedwiginberlin

I don't get the listed notes, except jasmine. To me, this is an intoxicatingly intense but clean jasmine mix, with a hint of orange. In fact, it reminds me strongly of the Murraya trees (mock orange) way back home... The other notes, instead of being individually discernible, blend to make the fragrance simply... beautiful. After the initial floral burst subsides, there's a soft spiciness that could be the nutmeg, ginger and cocoa. I find it very feminine.

Edit: but it didn't have much silage or last long enough during the day, so I won't be buying a bottle.

9154mf
9154mf

Love this! It truly is unisex, I love it on my man and me! I love gourmands but not a fan of chocolate notes as I never feel they're done right. This is done right! Smooth cocoa not sweet but not bitter just perfect melding into the skin just cozy and soothing, beautiful, love it!

Woah, this stuff jumps out of the bitter choclate thing of the original chocolat for a powdery floral opening which just remains on the right side of favour by being ultimately cacao and nutmeg at it's heart. Strangely I enjoy this fragrance but I'm conscious that Chocolat Amere is very feminine and reminds me of the smell of a woman. I couldn't wear it myself but can appreciate it and the quality is good as is longevity.

orkidguy
orkidguy

This is a warm, delicious chocolate velvet on the skin. Very long lasting, with a good sillage. The longer on the skin, the softer and velvety it gets!

Eyla
Eyla

In my opinion, the best creation based on chocolate of Il Profvmo (although I hadn't yet had a chance to try Bambola) because Chocolat is like chocolate with a fruit salad, but with unstable composition, while Frais is too acidic, at times unpleasant, bitter chocolate.
Amere, on the other hand, is dark chocolate with smoky incense and spicy nutmeg, but also dusted in sandalwood and powdery flowers. none of the notes overcome or pop out, the freshness of ginger is in the mix to make sure of that and ginger fulfills its task very well. unbelievable, but at times I can sense a little Hermes Elixir vibe in it.

it has an oily texture on the skin, concentrated smell and an impressive durability, so I'm gaging if I spray more than once on myself.
also, I really do not see how this would be the scent for men only (although it has a tendency to admirably develop on male skin) because to me it smells completely unisex, it hasn't got anything that prevails in favor of any of the two sexes.

As it usually happens with chocolate, this fragrance stimulates serotonin, so I feel pleasure and mental relaxation while wearing it.

zapling
zapling

I had set off on the wrong foot with this one, sprayed it on thinking it was a women's perfume. 'Funny', I thought, 'it smells like Biagiotti's Roma per Donna but what is that woodsy stuff doing in there?' Later on I realised this is androgynous style perfume to perfection. If you happen to like that... The chocolate bit eluded me completely, by the way, although I must say the longer it rested on my arm, the softer and lovelyer it got. The end notes seem to consist of Nag Champa and Tonka.

poivrerose
poivrerose

This begins in an extremely masculine aftershave like way. If you've ever smelled Canoe - that is what this reminds me of right off the bat. In the dry down it becomes even worse on my skin. Blech. This mixes terribly with my chemistry. I do not smell cocoa at all. I smell sour greenery (the galbanum), and smoky curtains (I guess that's the incense). A hint- just a hint - of something sweet, but it is ruined for me by the sour notes. I'm sorry to write a poor review. But in my opinion if you are a woman looking for a darker cocoa scent - this might not be what you are looking for. Seriously heavy galbanum scent, and the other notes are clashing badly with it. This might be okay for a man, but I wouldn't want to smell it on my man. Ladies, if you're going to take a chance, take it with a sample and not an FB!

fpih
fpih

I did not find this one masculine at all; I found it warm, comforting, soothing and very powdery in the drydown but not as spicy as I'd expected. The sandalwood is the most prominent note for me, though the chocolate eluded me completely. The lasting power is amazing, almost 12 hours and though it's quite loud initially, it settles close to the skin after the first couple of hours (or maybe I got used to it?). I also could not detect the incense in it and that's a pity, because I love incense, but in the end, I liked it anyway. It's not exceptional, unique or ground breaking in any way, but it's nice and comfy. This is the kind of perfume that can grow on you with time, until it becomes indispensable.

Finally bought a decant of this and surprisingly, or not, I can smell the cocoa now, or should I say, the dark, bitter chocolate. I think this is a great winter scent, snugly and warm without being sweet. I may even need a whole bottle after all:)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Il Profvmo Chocolat Amere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Il Profvmo Chocolat Amere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chocolat Amere by Il Profvmo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chocolat Amere by Il Profvmo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.