Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Coquelicot Il Profvmo for women

Coquelicot Il Profvmo for women
dislike

Coquelicot by Il Profvmo is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Coquelicot was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Silvana Casoli. The fragrance features amber, patchouli, frangipani, bamboo, jasmine, hiacynth, melon, vetiver, wisteria, rose and blue poppy.

Amber Patchouli Frangipani Bamboo Jasmine Hiacynth Melon Vetiver Wisteria Rose Blue Poppy

Coquelicot Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A gallon of aromachemicals among which, probably, at least calone, melonal and galaxolide, thrown in this with the same grace a cleaner man would use when throwing away the bucket of dirty water after having cleaned an entire floor. Basically a fruity shampoo, just less creamy and sweet, and more transparent, with a bitter green/herbaceous feel and a refreshing vibe. Also a salty/metallic vibe due to some other aromachemicals I don't spot exactly. After a while you get a round and mellow ambery base still with a green leafy note and a light patchouli note. Close to skin. Dull!

Ouch!
Ouch!

Oh the opening is so beautiful..and then? huh? what happened?

This fragrance opens with a beautiful light fresh blackberry/blackcurrant smell. I was expecting a completely different smell. It has this forest fruit smell, along with a beautiful light fresh greenery. Not oakmoss greenery, more pine, fern...greeeen greenery. I'ts like the forbidden fruits of the forest.

It is fresh and elegant, kind of like a Jo Malone release. Simple yet beautiful.

The dry down sees what was once beautiful turn into a slightly buttery lily smell, and it turns sweeter. All the good stuff is dissappearing.

The fragrance is called "poppy" in French so I was kinda excited to smell something new but I'm not sure poppy is what I'm smelling.

Lots of notes get swallowed in this, there is no vetiver, amber, jasmine to speak of. It is essentially a linear fragrance with no top notes so it, it goes from a beautiful opening to..a sweet...blackcurrant smell within minutes...and then it's gone.

Such a dissappointment.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a beautiful and unusual fragrance. Each time I spray it on I get an initial whiff of tart fruit- it smells like currants to me, but no currants are listed in the notes. It must be the combo of melon, patch and the vetiver that give that green sharp fruit accord. It's faintly reminiscent of The Vagabond Prince, but I think the Prince is a much more sophisticated scent. Later in the middle notes the frangipane develops, a tiny bit of jasmine and more soft rose enter. The hyacinth and wisteria are the strongest florals, both more green and not so sweet.

I really wish this had more longevity since it is a parfum, but it turns into a very soft skin scent quickly. Anyone who gets close to you will think you smell divine but they will have to be close. I can tell I'm going to use this one up quickly since it is so light. It's tart and light and soft florals with green, just perfect for spring and summer. I can see this being very refreshing on a hot humid summer day.

vertigo
vertigo

This one doesn't smell any chypre to me.
It's rather a light, delicate, daily fragrance. Not offensive at all.
This description may seem boring, but Coquelicot has something interesting and alluring about it - maybe it's the Blue Poppy? I have no idea what it may smell like itself.
I have already tried some of Il Profvmos, but this one seems to be different - not so gourmand, not so simple (but I do like the simplicity of the other ones), more complex.
This is a fragrance that can only be smelled by the people that get close to you, which is great for me.
I have to try it again definitely.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Il Profvmo Coquelicot fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Il Profvmo Coquelicot, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Coquelicot by Il Profvmo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Coquelicot by Il Profvmo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Fico di Amalfi L`Artisan Parfumeur Mure et Musc Olfactive Studio Lumiere Blanche Penhaligon`s Malabah Serge Lutens Arabie Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert Il Profvmo Ambre d Or SoOud Asmar Ramon Monegal Agar Musk Byredo Green Guerlain Parure Penhaligon`s Cornubia Parfumerie Generale PG18 Cadjmere Hermes Eau des Merveilles Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Parfum Guerlain Guerlain Chant d'Aromes Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette Guerlain Tonka Imperiale