Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Osmo Scents Encens Epice Il Profvmo for men
dislike

smoky
tobacco

Osmo Scents Encens Epice by Il Profvmo is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Top note is resin; middle notes are tobacco and spicy notes; base notes are olibanum and woodsy notes.

Resin

Tobacco Spicy Notes

Olibanum Woodsy Notes

Osmo Scents Encens Epice Fragrance Reviews

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Notes are cypress,larch,pine tree gems,coriander seeds, patchouli leaves,opoponax and blond tobacco according to a member on basenotes. I guess that makes more sense as EE is more of a coniferious type of scent than anything and larch is a conifer note. Combined the pine and incense it does have a soapy type of edge almost in the same vein as Zagorsk by CDG. It makes sense since they both came out around the same time and were probably ahead of their time. If you like light,soapy,slightly resinous scents then this is a must to at least sample. Otherwise stay away.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a tiny decant. Incense and spice. These two are my favorite notes. Unfortunately, all I get is soapy woody scent. Moderate projection and longevity (4 hrs) on my skin.

I adore Encens Epice and cannot fathom the reason as to why this fragrance has received such a bashing on this site. It has many admirable qualities.

Shortly after the first application, Encens Epice does smell rather soapy, a little sharp at times too. The soapy aspect is slightly shocking especially seeing that the wearer expects something more spicy and rich.

Encens Epice is indeed a spicy and resinous fragrance, the trick is to wait it out. Once settled, this scent is both sensual and subdued. It's an inoffensive yet original composition, featuring a beautiful, clean blend of tobacco, resins and olibanum.

I definitely should note that Encens Epice has the potential to be unisex. I find it incredibly alluring on my female skin and would not hesitate to recommend it to other women of likewise taste.

I enjoy the smooth texture of Encens Epice. Although I am one to enjoy bold, almost cloying spicy fragrances, I don't mind revisiting this scent every now and then to familiarise myself with softer spices. It would be a wise choice for any intimate occasions, something that a partner wouldn't mind sniffing up close.

courtneySRQ
courtneySRQ

Doc Elly's review has is right. There is a horrible synthetic smell that completely overwhelms anything else. I couldn't wait for the drydown...it was an immediate scrubber and the smell of the dial soap on my skin afterwards was better than this stuff. This sample was immediately tossed.

Nice opening, disappointing drydown. Encens Epicé starts with promising resinous notes joined by dark green/brown coniferous with an overall effect that's at the same time smoky but light, deep yet somehow clean. Woods play an important role throughout. In the drydown the scent turns to be a bit sweeter and sort of "synthetic/soapy" (forgive the lack of better words) winking at the "air-freshener" type of stuff.

Not exactly unpleasant but too little incisive for my likes and for its name.

Rating: 5.5/10

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I've bought it for my husband, but he uses it rare, so I've started to use it myself and I can say this one can be unisex if you are not afraid of experiments. the beginning is masculine, and after it settles down there comes lemon sweetness, which can be found in feminine scents. I can't say that this scent is too synthetic and it doesn't give me a headache. Lasting power is average.

vertigo
vertigo

Couldn't agree more.
This perfume is plain awful.

Not a bad start, indeed very spicy, but the later, the worse.
The heart smells like a very cheap, artificial version of Le Male, and the base is something between a shaving foam, a cheap shampoo scented 'cosmetic' and an aftershave you can buy in a kiosk for 5 bucks.
It even makes my throat dry.

Extremely bad!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Not at all what I expected, it starts out smelling like a commercial deodorant soap plus a small pinch of nutmeg. Huh? Where’s the incense? Not one to judge a ‘fume by its top notes, I let it develop, hoping for better things, but over an hour later there was little or no change, and all I could detect was still essence of Dial soap. I suppose it is a feat, in and of itself, to create a totally cheap and synthetic smelling scent out of high-quality, all natural ingredients, but it’s not one that most perfumers aspire to.

Maybe there’s a magical drydown hours into the scent, but I don’t need to spend the whole day waiting for it. This is the biggest sampling disappointment that I've had in a long time.

Osmo Scents Encens Epice by Il Profvmo 2.67 out of 5 based on 27 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Il Profvmo Osmo Scents Encens Epice fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Il Profvmo Osmo Scents Encens Epice, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Osmo Scents Encens Epice by Il Profvmo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Osmo Scents Encens Epice by Il Profvmo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Cartier Le Baiser Du Dragon Serge Lutens Arabie Reminiscence Essence by Reminiscence Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Parfum d`Empire Wazamba Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Annick Goutal Ambre Fétiche Caron Yatagan Parfum d`Empire Fougere Bengale Reminiscence Patchouli Lorenzo Villoresi Alamut Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Jaisalmer Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Zagorsk Mauboussin Mauboussin Parfum d`Empire Cuir Ottoman Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Dore Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles Eau D`Italie Bois d’Ombrie Mona di Orio Vanille Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille