Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Indian OUD Illuminum for women and men

Indian OUD Illuminum for women and men
dislike

Indian OUD by Illuminum is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Michael Boadi. Top notes are bergamot, geranium and cumin; middle notes are agarwood (oud) and oakmoss; base notes are vanilla, sandalwood and musk.

Bergamot Geranium Cumin

Agarwood (Oud) Oakmoss

Vanilla Sandalwood Musk

Indian OUD Fragrance Reviews

burnie88
burnie88

I am reviewing a sample from the Illuminum website. At first the individual impressions of geranium and bergamot assert themselves but even before they resolve into a balance with the oud a fully formed holographic narcissus appears. The structure of the carefully balanced elements gives a really sensational Narcissus poeticus in early Spring. This is one of the most brilliant things I have ever smelled in perfumery and if you love Narcissus this one is for you. I am almost ashamed to say now that I do not, but I am stunned by the magic of the thing. Michael Boadi has had a great deal of fun with names which mock some of his contemporary perfumers with their double-paired signifiers and simple accords (Jo Malone for example), when really he is playing a delightful game with clients and offering complex structures which rise far above simplistic dualities. Boadi gives us the compliment that we have the nasal nous to arrive at Narcissus with no hint from the name, when so many perfumers are banging out note combos (Leather-Oud, Oud-Rose, Rose-Vetiver, Strawberry-Parsley) which are easily identified by us amateurs, and thus, in itself, a clever marketing strategy. In the same collection Boadi has Hindi Oud, which is neither a flanker nor merely a transposed foodie metaphor about provenance. As the fragrances are nothing alike but both use the oud ingredient, the gentle fun is confirmed.
Although I do not love narcissus, I would wear this just so my girlfriends (who might!) would say, "I have to get this." And I could answer; "You know there is NO Narcissus in this?"
Oh, damn, Boadi, you got me. But isn't it wonderful to feel your Fragrance Intelligence (F.I.) has been respected?

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Smells like classy chypre. Alhydrates opening, floral, mossy, no oud at all.
This is for sophisticated ladies who like classic style.

Indian OUD by Illuminum 3.33 out of 5 based on 5 ratings and 2 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Illuminum Indian OUD fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Illuminum Indian OUD, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Indian OUD by Illuminum. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Indian OUD by Illuminum represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.