Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women

Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women
dislike

yellow floral
Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women Pictures Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women Pictures Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women Pictures Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women Pictures Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women Pictures Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women Pictures Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women Pictures Isabey Gardenia Isabey for women Pictures

Isabey Gardenia by Isabey is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Isabey Gardenia was launched in 2006. Top notes are african orange flower, ylang-ylang and tangerine; middle notes are iris, jasmine, gardenia and rose; base notes are musk, sandalwood and amber.

African Orange flower Ylang-Ylang Tangerine

Oud Jaune Intense

Isabey Gardenia Fragrance Reviews

paneradfisk
paneradfisk

This is a blend of several white flowers and one yellow - most noticable for me is ylang ylang with its earthy mushroomy quality, but also budding gardenia all sparkly like pear popsicles, and orange flower bringing in a hint of citrus. Sweet but also refreshing.

M. Micallef Gardenia is much warmer, creamier, sweeter, a little powdery and almost overripe gardenia leaning tuberose. I recommend it to people looking for a sweeter, more tropical, more gourmand-leaning and more true to its name gardenia.

lilalina
lilalina

Very classic vintage old-fashioned Gardenia. Strong, bold floral. Amazing longevity

aschiffm
aschiffm

this is a bright yet deep yellow and white floral. vintage-tinged. kind of smells like bathroom freshener to me, but then again i'm never too big on gardenia or citrus. it opens up to a more warm eclectic bouquet soon enough but still very yellow. so smell before buying, especially if you are iffy about gardenia like me.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Isabey Gardenia is the goddess of gardenia perfumes! This fragrance is SO GORGEOUS! This is the most sweet, creamy, lush gardenia I have ever smelled in a fragrance. It’s such a “true to life” floral that I almost fainted the first time I smelled this because I was in pure olfactory bliss. It makes me feel feminine and elegant every time I wear it – not to mention that men seem to find it irresistible, I get tons of compliments. This is one of those that despite the cringe worthy price, I will always have a bottle in my wardrobe. It is absolutely a gardenia lovers dream!

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Cadeau Noël 2014 de mon Gilles chéri.
Très beaux composants pour parvenir à une effluve de gardénia.
Crémeux, mais c'est difficile de ne pas faire crémeux avec une fleur telle que le gardénia.
En tout cas si il est impossible de tirer le parfum de la fleur de gardénia tous les composants permettant de copier son odeur sont ici de très hautes tenues et de qualité premium.
Une senteur réelle (mais non authentique) de gardénia vous suit toute la journée.
Il est 20 heures et je me suis aspergée à 11 heures une toute petite giclée sur les seins du gardénia d'Isabey et ma poitrine sent toujours le gardénia. J'adore !!!
A éviter en été je pense. Sa senteur capiteuse risque d'importuner. En inter saison de mars à mai est l'idéale.

brahmindiva
brahmindiva

I ordered this today based only on the reviews. I have searched for a perfect gardenia perfume for a while. I found several I like, but they don't seem to last long on my skin, an hour tops. I'm hoping this is "the one" that I will both like and will be longer lasting.

UPDATE:
This may be the most gorgeous perfume I've ever smelled, even though it surprisingly doesn't smell like gardenia. I was so worried about ordering it blind since I couldn't find a sample of it. I'm so very glad I did. This is true love!

The Wandering Fern
The Wandering Fern

Stunning.

lcommisso
lcommisso

This perfume reminded me of how much florals don't work for me anymore. I had received a sample of this in a swap. It is GARDENIA with some more flowers added. I had a headache in 10 minutes.

As far as gardenia perfumes go, if you are a gardenia fan, then this is a winner.

If you hate it though, then this is kryptonite.

Edit: later in the night, I still have a headache, but am occasionally smelling my wrist regardless, as the dry down on this is beautiful.

kasienka
kasienka

Great opening of thick, creamy gardenia with jasmine,
which gives the erotic nature of the perfume.
Smell extremely sensual and seductive.
It is a pity that I did not know it before, because probably would be my scent wedding - the one and unique.
The smell is incredibly saucy and sexy. This is similar to Organza.
Consistency is just as creamy, thick and alluring.
Very long longevity and sillage.
Ehh ... what can I say ...
I'll hunt for a whole bottle.
  This is my new love! I love this perfume!

2nd review: the more I smell it the more I fall for it!
I have a small precious sample and I love it.
It's a little thick but in a good way and it keeps radiant. It has a fresh take on heavy flowers, lovely all the way. Great longevity, it makes me feel enchanted and romantic.
I can see the similarities with Micallef and Chanel, but Isabey gardenia is still unique.

mysterious_scent
mysterious_scent

A lush, creamy and powdery gardenia. Isabey Gardenia definitely feels vintage, but not the dusty type. It reminds me of a special hand cream my mother used when I was a little girl.

vanichic
vanichic

I've bought this perfum after a friend's suggestion.I love the fresh gardenia's perfum but i can not find it here.On my skin it's only ylang ylang,nothing else.
Very logng longevity and sillage ,too much for me!I think it's the perfect fragrance for a party summer,in the evening on the sea dancing calypso!Certnaly not a moorning fragrance

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

It is a wonderful scent and the opening is very beautiful. If you won't a first impression consider wearing this one. Its very "heady" in a good way. There is nothing in the least wrong with this one. I found this fragrance to be refreshing and there is nothing synthetic about it at all don't buy into some of the weird comments out there. I wonder if we are sampling the same types of perfume or maybe they are confusing it with another sample they tried earlier which didn't turn out smelling too good. I don't know but try this one its a real winner!

Fragrance
Fragrance

Very interesting perfume...When I first smelled this, I was like "wow"The opening notes are Just so Lovely and very unique.. I suddenly felt like I'm a princess..:D but After 15-20 min It settles in to very creamy gardenia with very sweet scent like Honey which I really can't stand :( This is such a beautiful scent and you can get the Gardenia note prominently ..People who can wear this one, This one is a true winner!!!

Huda1234
Huda1234

Such a wonderful perfume. I smelled it yesterday at Sephora and it was the only perfume I liked there.
I want to buy it but I am afraid that someone will say it suites an old lady.

It reminds me of Orgenza by Givenchy.

bfrosty
bfrosty

A sophisticated scent that mixes timeless florals with classic basenotes, evoking memories of chic women I knew when I was growing up. Nothing special on my skin but I'm betting it would be killer on someone with the chemistry to pull it off.

Maodo
Maodo

I bought a sample because I love the smell of gardenia, but....it reminded me of another wonderful perfume that I have. I was almost shocked....: L'Instant de Guerlain Fleur de Mandarine!

I guess it's the orange thing that is simular in both of the perfumes. In the one of Isabey it's the African orange flower and in the Guerlain's it's the mandarine and bitter orange. They really smell quite the same, except Isabey's seems to have the Gardenia in it which I unfortenately don't smell that much though....

But in spite of the missing and outspoken Gardenia smell is this one from Isabey also gorgious in a very classy, classic and some kind of chique 50ties way...

Rapunzel2
Rapunzel2

Creamy, powdery like a luxury dress shop in the late fifties. Not really the scent of gardenias, more a spicy sandalwood bouquet.

lucifera
lucifera

THE most yummie gardenia i ever came across, my best scent! breathtaking!! i don't care about the price because whenever i run out i'll keep repurchasing :-))

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Like it's sister fragrance, Fleur Nocturne, Isabey Gardenia rests on a lush blanket of florals. The opening only whispers Gardenia, as if carried by a breeze on a Maytime stroll past a garden. Aldehydes more prominent than in Fleur Nocturne with a bit of a soapy opening from the orange flowers. The drydown reveals Isabey's luscious base of lightly spiced sandalwood and amber that retains an almost apricot-like sweetness. Excellent longevity. A truly addictive scent.

metje
metje

At first i hated it. I must have tested it about 5 times, and it always made me sick. It was so heavy! I gave up. Last weekend i took my sample again. It whas almost empty, so i could not really aply it. Just a tiny drop. It smelled soft and warm, and it did not make me sick at all!! I kept sniffing the empty bottle the whole day, and it was lovely. The next day i went to the store and applied a little spritz, to see if i really liked it, when it was on my skin. Did not make me sick, again just a very lush gardenia smell. I could not help myself and bought it. So happy i tested it again! The problem must have been, i was applying to much. 2 Drops will do the trick. So if you can't wear it, try just a little drop and see if you like it then. Maybe you've also aplied to much.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

so my ml sample bottle while I was trying to apply this perfume and the perfume fell all over my arms. I noticed that someone said that it should be applied judiciously, I guess that is one thing I didn't do.
I do like it, but all I get is gardenia.

VeronicaRoy
VeronicaRoy

A very beautiful light sweet and creamy blend of otherwise very intense flower scents. It makes you think of blonde or honey colours, and sunlight. Use sparingly.

jeannechantal
jeannechantal

I thank all the reviewers before me; you made me curious enough, so I took the risk and bought this perfume untried. And I'm so glad I did!
It's really one of the warmest, softest smells I have encountered so far. On my skin I get only a little gardenia, but a lot of georgeous jasmine and iris, accompanied by some other fresh white flowers.

Someone here called the perfume "velvety"; that's exactly what it is to me. It's like wearing a comfortably heavy shawl of dreamy, creamy white flowers. The base is lovely, cosy and warm with sandalwood and lasts very, very long on me.

jongs166
jongs166

I love this perfume!! It is so well blended. It is a heady sent indead, but at the same time very soft and creamy. There is even something fresh in it. It makes me feel very feminine and I get a lot of compliments when I ware it. A very exclusive perfume, but worth every cent!!!

OMG! I could smell this fragrance at a perfume exhibition some months ago and I was immediately taken by it! I tested only once and couldn't buy or at least receive samples, so I left it there back in my memory. If testing perfume only once can matter, I can say it hit my brains! It is probably what I'm secretly looking for to wear for myself as signature and probably don't dare. It's an all woman scent, totally feminine, enticing, beautifully vintage gardenia that doesn't smell only gardenia, rather a complex changing smell that keeps the wearer captivating all along. And yes, "my" beloved orange flowers are there!
That's the secret of perfume for me when you have no comment. So many times I have to say: "Oh, ok, this is nice in this part, not that part" Not with Isabey Gardenia! It was one of the scents that made me say: "Yes!" in that occasion and it was full with niche perfumes! I will try and track it down somewhere.

Kchild
Kchild

Isabey Gardenia is all lace and skin. She is female personified. I honestly smell very little gardenia in here but it doesn't matter. What I do smell is gorgeous enough for me to make sure that I have a bottle at all times.

This is very sexy stuff. It starts off a little heady w/exotic sweet ylang ylang and orange blossom.This fragrance carries quite a soft countenance and when you're in the room w/it you'll be looking around for the woman who's sensuality is noticable, feline,w/smooth glowing skin and an air of grace about her.

As the jasmine, iris, and gradenia unveil themselves you'll realize that you're in the presence of a timeless classic. Heartachingly beautiful Isabey Gardenia smells like an impossible find ~ the past and the present brought into one shining example of perfection in parfumerie. What an excruciating pleasure she is.......

Galya
Galya

I like this gardenia very much;Thank you ,dear Leramoon for this nice gift !!!

J_love_Gardenia
J_love_Gardenia

My Signature scent!! Just Love..Love...Love...It!

uninco
uninco

Very light, very much iris indeed. When I smell it, I see how the night comes in to the garten where the irises grow. The moonlight is shining, I can hear the romantic melody and I see how the night touches the ground, the flowers and covers with tenderness sweet little iris with dew drops.

What was unexpected is that it is pretty light for parfume, though has a good staying power.

champaka
champaka

Love....love...love this perfume! It's like being enveloped in lush velvety white blooms still wet with the morning mist. Very heady and luxurious,very classy and elegant. It conjures up visions of long, flowing white dress and white gloves and sparkling diamond tiara....extremely feminine...Definitely a five stars...!

mary jane
mary jane

I could write pages and pages about this perfume! But I wont! I may spoil it with words! Because its just perfect!! Devine!!! Adorable!! Men do love it! And when the wind brings a slight scent of it to your nose, reminding you that you wore it in the morning or the night, its absolutely impossible not to think "Yes I am a woman!". :p

CharlotteDe
CharlotteDe

This is a gem, gardenia is my favourite flower to smell. I'm a person who wants to live with excess and this scent is perfect. I hate fake smells or anything artificial but this really reminds me of the flowers blooming. Its so sensual and luxurious. This has a slight powdery finish, soft and delicate white floral. It is extremely expensive, I got this as a graduation present. I've had it for two years and I wear it on special occasions, the scent hasn't changed in the bottle and I make sure to keep it in the dark. I also have Kai which is similar but I still prefer Isabey.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I didnt knew that i could love a gardenia smell so much like this one.I tried today i sample and it got me hooked.It reminds me of a good shampoo smell,sweet floral and feminine too.Very lovely,a new favourite.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Finally, I’ve satisfied my longstanding curiosity for this exclusive rare perfume.
It’s definitely meant for mature sophisticated women, with elegant vintage hint and “niche” perfumery touch. I’ve also found that its remarkable features have been reincarnated multiple times.

What appears on the skin in a few minutes and lasts for hours has given me quite a number of associations. Blonde by Versace is the closest to that (among those I had), maybe due to the same gardenia and ylang-ylang notes that sound a kind of "bitter".
However, Gardenia Isabey is more creamy, faceted with smooth orange blossom. Though it is not a “porcelain doll” – creamy, like in Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder but more like a steady hand in kid gloves.

In 4-5 hours it calms down on the skin, revealing quite a softer base, which refers me to Organza base, I am not sure if I can immediately tell the difference between them after 5 hours.
The lasting power is very good, I’m not sure about the sillage though.

A worthy scent, but not for everybody, even for a different price.

F_A
F_A

Isabey Gardenia originally was 1920s fragrance, created in 1924. This was the reason I wanted to test it very much though I always have doubts about re-released fragrances. From my experience, most of the times re-realization=spoiled original fragrance.
The top and middle notes of this fragrance instantly remind me Chanel's Gardenia. It opens with candy sweet gardenia scent which I actually love. But the base disappointed me so much. Isabey Gardenia turned into the smell of a fruity creamy shampoo on my skin! :( I guess vintage Gardenia was different to the one we can test now. Pity!
The lasting power is good, but could be better.

veruska
veruska

This is a wonderful vintage floral that does'nt smell exactly like gardenia, but has a warm envelping golden quality like a silk mist covering the white floral part.I suppose that is the iris that give this haunting impression, upon the traditional heady and swee jasmine, and the amber that polishes all the sharp corners and give such a jewel of a floral. Breathtaking!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Isabey Isabey Gardenia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Isabey Isabey Gardenia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Isabey Gardenia by Isabey. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Isabey Gardenia by Isabey represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.