Designers » I-K » Oriental « Groups

Isadora Isadora Paris for women

Isadora Isadora Paris for women

Isadora Isadora Paris for women Pictures Isadora Isadora Paris for women Pictures

Isadora, a perfume launched in 1976, is dedicated to the dancer Isadora Duncan. It is made of notes of mint, jasmine, rose, iris, leather, opoponax and vanilla. The bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand. The fragrance is available as Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette and perfume extract.

Mint Rose Jasmine iris Opoponax Leather Vanilla

Chanel No 5 Eau de Toilette

Isadora Fragrance Reviews

I totally agree with you Yohji!! A minty leather is the best way to describe it! But the mint is very subtle and when it does dry down, I get hints of Shalimar as well! I have a teeny bottle and all you need is a teeny dab for all day and night wear! It is a beautiful scent. Thanks for the history of it. Very interesting :)

Isadora, created as a tribute to dancer Isadora Duncan 50 years later after her death...

There is a blog where blogger writes that it was created for Robert Benson who owned Isadora Parfumes back than and – that Isadora is “a spawn of Shalimar”.. I will include a quote from the blog for you

“The most  familiar part in Isadora is the vanilla-opoponax base. It's more innocent than Shalimar, fuzzier and even bordering on a comfort scent. It doesn't have any of the civet you still smell in older formulations of Shalimar and none of the mysterious smoky incense. Still, Isadora is quite rich and opulent. It smells expensive and well thought-out, and above all: it gives pleasure. “

Another person disagrees slightly and writes that :

“On my skin, Isadora seems to be neither a chypre nor a Shalimar-esque fragrance but something altogether unique. It does have some of the sharpness and mossiness you'd expect of a chypre, but it's so well-blended that it never seems sour or musty the way some vintage chypres can be. it reminds me ever so slightly of Patou Cocktail, but not so much that I'd mistake one for the other. I rather like it. It's definitely interesting and hard to pin down.”

Well, personally I think if to compare Isadora with anything at all – it would go more to the side of vintage Patou fragrances, rather than to Shalimar, the same time I didn't smell earlier than 80-s versions of Shalimar.

Isadora is very distinctive vintage oriental with very interesting leather played around – MINTY leather... Does it make sense?..through oriental balmy qualities you smell camphoraceous like chopped mint leaves...Its intensive, till animalic point because resinous quality of oppoponax gives full-bodiness to the flowers which, in their own turn, mixed with oppoponax, create thick woody-vannilic accord. So it swirls and swirls and swirls...As Isadora Duncan's spontanous free movements in her dances.

I dabbed it on my wrist and ran for one hour afterwards, Isadora was very much present all the way, notes were playing with the wind, very powerful musty leather I would say, I came home, took shower – it still on my wrist as a soft smoky-vanilla – NOW it does reminds me a bit of Shalimar.

The little bottle that I own, featuring kneeling nude stopper, is amazing, it was created by designer Pierre Dinand. Production of the perfume ended in the 1990s.

Isadora by Isadora Paris 4.50 out of 5 based on 11 ratings and 2 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Isadora Paris Isadora fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Isadora Paris Isadora, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Isadora by Isadora Paris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Isadora by Isadora Paris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Van Cleef & Arpels First Pierre Balmain Ivoire de Balmain Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso Carven Ma Griffe Lancome Magie Noire Jacomo Silences Cartier Must de Cartier Cacharel Anais Anais Moschino Moschino Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour le Soir Joop! Nightflight Hermes Caleche Christian Dior Miss Dior Annick Goutal Heure Exquise Cartier Panthere Jean Couturier Coriandre Krizia Krazy Krizia Emanuel Ungaro Diva Donna Karan Black Cashmere