Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

A Scent by Issey Miyake Issey Miyake for women
dislike

I have it: 505 I had it: 173 I want it: 252 My signature: 11

A Scent by Issey Miyake Issey Miyake for women Pictures

A Scent by Issey Miyake is a fragrance by the house of Issey Miyake, and it arrives on the market in August 2009. This is a minimalistic, simple and clear fragrance inspired by Japanese mountains. Behin its transparency, this perfume hides a strong floral wave of jasmine, hyacinth and cedar. Freshness is added by French verbena and lemon, which make this fragrance more feminine. Aromas of galbanum add fondling, balmy and warm trail. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100ml edt. Perfumer is Daphne Bugey.

Amalfi Lemon Lemon Verbena Jasmine Hyacinth Virginia Cedar Galbanum

Jasmine White Moss

A Scent by Issey Miyake Fragrance Reviews

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

Recently acquired a nice 7.5 ml mini of this fragrance:) It's a very zen Japanese juice! Crisp, smooth green grassy accord with prominent hyacinth note. It feels like walking in a Japanese garden at dawn, the dewy water drops glistening on green leaves, lemon trees and green white flowers. Modern, natural and minimalist. In the vein of Cristalle by Chanel, but without the austere damp pond and aloofness. Just nature in a bottle.

scent: 7+/10
longevity: 5/10
sillage: 5/10

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

The initial blast of this smells just like Irish Spring soap to me...so strong and so soapy. It settles a bit but remains too soapy for my tastes.

lulu169
lulu169

fresh, sweet, bold, floral. I love it!!! not for everybody, though

Stella-Maris2
Stella-Maris2

The sharp soap in the top note compelled me to return it. (Blind-bought it at a Winners recently, despite its having been discontinued--guess it's been floating around for a while.) The other notes are bright citrusy (if somewhat synthetic-smelling), but my sinuses are so offended by soapiness that I couldn't even spray this on my skin--just a personal intolerance.

Sailor Pluto
Sailor Pluto

Fresh green wood notes, can absolutely be a unisex fragrance!

Kath Grace
Kath Grace

This is a beauty, in my opinion. Very fresh and vibrant; it perks me up!

Strangely, it reminds me of a very toned down Gucci Rush. I'd love to hear if anyone else agrees!?!?

pearliespring
pearliespring

clean and fresh, a little soapy, I think it smells great. It's not aggressive, but it's there. It's suitable for the ones who don't like a scent that is too strong and overpowering.

monsieur_neroli
monsieur_neroli

This fragrance has a cute little story behind it !

My mother was a schoolteacher and the headmistress in the school was wearing this fragrance. My mother liked it so much and asked her what perfume she was wearing. So, when the time came for my mom to retire from her duties at the school, the headmistress bought it for her. I sniffed it right away the moment she told me she got a new perfume. I WAS IN LOVE... And then I found out that this was a womens' perfume... It smelt very neutral to me, like a genderless, minimal fragrance and I thought I'd give it a try !

I was anticipating the moment of getting one of my own, despite this being marketed as feminine. When travelling, I came accross this, in a duty free shop. I got the 50ml version ONLY for 25 euros which is a true bargain. I was so happy! And then I learned that the price was so low because it was going to be discontinued. BUMMER ! The weird thing is that, upon telling the sales assistant I was hesitating between L'Occitane The Vert & Bigarade and this one, she immediately told me to go for A Scent. When I objected with the excuse of this being a womens perfume, she told me that most men can pull it off as this is such a neutral and risk free frag. I didn't have second thoughts !

Now to the review:

This is a clean, sharp, fresh, airy fragrance ! It starts citrusy, then being light floral, finishing with a bit of an aloof bitter and green facet, which I think is galbanum. While basenotes.com states that the notes are these (galbanum, hyacinth, verbena, jasmine, "crystal moss"), I think that the notes go like this : amalfi lemon, lemon verbena, jasmine, crystal moss (this could be easily confused for atlas cedar, as both are "woody"), hyacinth and galbanum. The only "weird" or I better be saying "particular" thing I get in the drydown, is a bit of a distorted hyacinth with the bitter 'green-ness' of galbanum, which I have mixed feelings about, as sometimes it turns nice on my skin and sometimes not (depends on the skins chemistry...)

On my skin, the citrus effect is more pronounced, leading to a blast of projection of the middle floral notes that get weirdly bold, ending in a mere watercolor impression of the distorted hyacinth and galbanum. I actually love this and I am giving it 9/10 for its particular and unique character ! Longevity is almost perfect and projection is strong to enormous on my skin ! Lastly, I wanted to say that if my review could bring back this fragrance, I DAMN WISH IT WOULD !

rockgirl
rockgirl

Nope. Waaay too much lemon. Smells like aftershave on me.

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

Japanese perfection. One of the most purest, cleanest and singular scents I've ever smelled. Crisp. Bitter. Minimal. Unforgettable. I love the hyacinth and because of its bitterness I would say that this perfume is suitable also for men.

Ohgollygally
Ohgollygally

I love layering this fragrance with Avon's Haiku skin softener. They both blend beautifully together.

sukhwinder
sukhwinder

great my all time favourite very nice smell

JaxTheMinx

I have already reviewed this one. Just wanted to add that I tested this and YSL In Love Again (new packaging) side by side. Very similar opening. More of a musky note in A Scent and oodles more staying power than In Love Again. This one wins hands down.

munchay
munchay

I waited so long to write a review on this. It's crisp and fresh with hyasinth and a dry down of jasmine.I bought this for the simple reason it had jasmin.I'm not dissapointed.A scent is like the first days of spring, it's like how it feels after a rain, the dew drops on grass. It makes you feel so alive with nature.
A beautiful scent that you cannot find in todays market.Not many will appriciate this scent but for me this is unique and totally worth having.
It's true it may seem unisex but don't be fooled the florals open up at dry down and makes it a feminine scent.

JaxTheMinx

When I read that it has a likeness to Chanel Cristalle I immediately ordered 2x 30ml EDT bottles. My thirsty skin wants an EDP. Pity. Sprayed it on paper and on my skin. On paper the lemon verbena lingers. Rather loved the pungent notes on paper. On my skin it went incredibly soft incredibly quickly. I truly like it but suspect I'll need to buy a good few bottles as I'll have to douse myself in this 4x a day if I want to fully appreciate this pretty fragrance. The pink version in EDP got fair reviews so must try that too.is

This is a limited edition. I have just found a 100ml EDT and immediately purchased that. I need to stock up as this will be my spring frag once our winter leaves. It's got surprisingly good staying power for such a soft fragrance.

ktyhan
ktyhan

The drydown is pretty and feminine and floral...not a light scent at all... decent lasting power.

joan100
joan100

This is a close clone of Chanel Cristalle albeit more affordable. I have seen some reviews stating that this is quite similar to Gucci Envy so I ordered this and sprayed it. I waited for it to dry down but it still bore no resemblance whatsoever. Instead this was very earthy, sharp and masculine throughout (not my type of fragrance) as opposed to fresh, citrusy and floral like Envy. This just proves again that no scent on the market right now comes even close to the beloved and missed Envy.

Dort0625
Dort0625

So, it just so happens that L'eau D'issey is my all time fav, summer editions from 2013/2014 are my favs with the original-I can't chose! Any who, I found this on sale for 19.99 for the 50 ml bottle. When I first sprayed it it was terrible. It reminded me of a cleaning product! So it has sat for about 6 weeks within my collection! So I start looking today at my collection and I think about how I bought this and didn't really give it a fair chance! So I sprayed it, and I'm surprised! It smells Totally different than it did the first time!
It's actually very nice! It wouldn't be the first choice for many people, in fact I would at most people wouldn't like it. I think that only true perfume lovers would appreciate this, it takes time to develop into what it truly is, and again, only true perfume lovers will take the time to do that! If you have the patience, wait it out!

sassy_shamrock
sassy_shamrock

Just bought this as a a blind buy. It smelled really nice in the bottle but went really rank on my skin like rotten flowers. Think I'll hang on to it and try it again in the summer.

Update: nope, still rotten, had to give it to a friend and it smells gorgeous on her so it must be me lol.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I bought this in readiness for warmer weather. It was a blind buy and inexpensive. I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like this one. I have the edt and the longevity is really good, I could still smell the perfume after 7 hours. it has moderate sillage but as it is for spring I do not mind.. I smell fresh, green,spring in this bottle.

My first Issey Miyake perfume and I am happy with my purchase.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I bought this blind based on notes and reviews - and I believe it could become my favorite floral. The verbena and lemon mix well with the floral notes and make it very green and fresh and the galbanum keeps it from being too sweet. I've been looking for a floral that is fresh and green and this is a good one. Longevity and sillage are moderate on me.

scentlover_88
scentlover_88

Just bought this based on your reviews. When you first spray it, it is strong and pungent but if you let it linger for a few seconds just to let settle a bit, it is a nice clean, fresh out of the shower fragrance. Has been using it in the office, finds that it last a bit and like today when they have the heat turned on full blast, the scent surrounds you nicely.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

Not impressed with this: this was rather dull and insipid. On me it was overwhelmingly generic white floral with no complexity or evolution, just a sharp floral note that faded quickly and that didn't last for long. I didn't get any of the citrus or woody notes. Boring, uninspired, generic and artificial.

nerskine
nerskine

Clean floral. Perfect for a summer day.

Bota14
Bota14

It seems to be simple but makes a strong impression - at first I didn't really like it but the second or third day that I was using it I suddenly started to love it. Ideal for spring and summer, makes me feel clean, fresh and light throughout the day and its also elegant in some way.

lulu misr
lulu misr

a master piece :) my all time favortie

stromovka
stromovka

To me this scent is almost identical copy of a classic fragrance Jean Louis Scherrer (launched 1979) minus animal notes, at drydown it turns more subtle and delicate. Nice scent, but I can´t imagine wearing it, for me it is somehow disturbing, maybe the strong hyacinth note. I appreciate very much the puristic bottle design.
If this is considered to be a modern fragrance, what a bomb JLS must have been 30 years ago!

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

A scent for an elegant, intellectual, far sighted minimalist (of any gender). Not ascetic by any means, in fact it is quietly luxurious.

It smells like pine, lemon and some sterile cleansing solution. Cold and mentally recharging and quite lasting considering its imponderability.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Fresh, greengrass, somehow ozonic pungent opening (they say verbena, I'd say citral and calone), some white floral notes with light and slightly milky musks, a hint of sparkling ginger, some bittersweet fruity accents – almost pimiento-like. Light vetiver base. After a while it pops out a weird camphor-rubbery feel. Overall a cold, static, metallic, linear, artificial scent – sadly, not in an "avant-garde" meaning (forget CdG, Escentric or nu_be or other brands like these), rather a scent which wants to look pleasantly green and safe with just a hint of a – safe, again - "minimal look". Where "minimal" then turns into "anonym". Trendy and uninspired.

Ioli19
Ioli19

Tried this in winter and was not impressed! Sharp, strong.. Tried it again today, a hot, sunny day and completely different story!!! Fabulous.. I think this comes out different in the heat, really lovely if you time it right.. Fresh, clean, refreshing,energising, crisp..all the things you need in hot weather. You can smell hyacinth, some jasmine, tea but mostly prominent lemon verbena, the loveliest, crispest freshest lemon verbena, fell in love with that note! I don't get woodsy at all, very green instead!
Great sillage, good longevity, no headache, no cloyines, can't see using it much but there are days when only this will do, so glad I do have a bottle!

Marie76
Marie76

I love this, and will probably be my next purchase. It's intensely woody in me, opening up with the woody accord instead of the green flowery one. The hyacinth and jasmine remind me of my beloved Cristalle, but this is a very pure and natural scent, without the urban sophistication of Cristalle. Very masculine as well, I think it actually suits my husband better than me!

silverbutterfly

I wrote before in May2013, now is end of March2014 and here is still cold. I so wanted spring to come, so I decided to spray something light and "springy". Now I feel hyacinth , daffodils, a hint of lilac. I like it even better , then when I bought it.

pabuenos
pabuenos

All of you that didn't like it and bought anyway: that's my precious smell and I love it (kind of blends well with my skin and everybody says I smell good) so, I accept donations! loll

Daughter
Daughter

Wow... I was SO dissapointed with this scent. I tried it on my skin as it was available for a good deal, and normally I absolutely LOVE Issey Miyaki scents, especially the l'eau d'issey range. And after seeing what the notes are (on this site), I had my hopes up high. I love cedar-citrus scents, and I also like the notes hyacinth and jasmine in perfumes, so it looked promising. But boy, the combination of these is in reality really bad. The flowers were smelling sour and bitter from the cedar (I think). I guess those igredients just took the best away from each other. I could smell the cedar, but not in a nice way. The scent reminded me a bit of bitter green honeysuckle blossom (Yves Rocher had something like that, I remember), which I like better than this and is actually quite nice, but "a scent" is too bitter, really bad. Or perhaps, it might be that the tester was very old and had turned or something, because it was seriously not nice at all. And it didn't remind me of Chanel no 19 at all as some reviewers wrote...hmmm... So forgive me if this review is based on an old sample. I do not know.

Anyway, I would say, if you want Issey Miyaki, and you really want something fresh, beautiful, watery, dreamy... Please do try the new "l'eau d'issey Lotus". It is beautiful! There you also have hyacinth and jasmine, but they are so pretty and the scent is uplifting and light, with lotus and the watery notes, and with the right type of wood in the base it just works so good together. I't doesn't have any bitterness. It is SO much better. It beats "a scent" by a million times in my opinion, at least it beats the tester I tried.

drlaurel
drlaurel

I got this based on recs here. I love citrus green woody...and this fragrance has little to do with that. If I could rename it I'd take those three keywords out. For me...really floral. I'm not getting fresh, green, woody. It starts out as a very strong white floral and I had to wait two hours before it turned soft woody. I Like the dry down but not worth the strong start just to get there. If you put it on clothes the cedar never comes out, just stays sharp floral. Maybe too feminine and floral for this Laurel.

mamufa
mamufa

very quiet green scent, beautiful...
very strong at the beginning
I love it...

It stays surprisingly long on clothes.

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

A Scent by Issey Miyake for women is a burst of fresh, stem-snapping jasmine with bright lemon verbena.

To me, there's nothing sensual or mysterious about a fragrance like this. It's pleasant and sunny, along the lines of The Vert au Jasmin L`Occitane en Provence for women or even Classic Banana Republic.

And that's just fine. It's like amplifying the fact that you just took a long bath or shower and you emerged squeaky clean with a hint of soap trailing behind you. As others have said, the fragrance doesn't have staying power. I guess, it doesn't need to.

This is not the fragrance experience I seek, so I won't keep the small bottle I own. It is nicely blended and (as the previous reviewer said) uplifting.

aficionada
aficionada

It is wonderfully fresh and clean scent. I wouldn't say that it's too green and sour. To me it's very refreshing and uplifting. My only issue is that in the beginning the hyacinth is a little too heavy and overpowering. When a little later its strength is gone, the dry-down is absolutely divine. This fragrance is very elegant and unique. Has a pretty decent longevity. Great for summer time.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

I received a sample as a freebie when I purchased a full size Angel tester. 'A Scent' is a fresh, green fragrance and I'm quite impressed - probably not enough to buy it, but all the same, it's very pleasant.

ohlevia
ohlevia

absolutely lovely, a woody smell that greatly complements my natural odour, as well as my environment (I live in a city, across from a small park). it's absolutely beautiful and blends well with Coco Chanel for the colder days of autumn leading into winter.

shasta
shasta

I absolutely love this. Fresh, clean, and soft. One of my favorites. This is way better than all the "fruity florals" out there. Really shocked at all the dislikes. Great everyday scent.

thazinha30
thazinha30

I dont really hate this but wouldnt buy a fb either. I got myself a sample of this perfume and found veeeery soapy on my skin, a bit too much for my taste. I guess a few flowers thrown in would make this a bit sweeter. Good longevity though.

Update: It's been 4 hours and I can still smell it in my arm, even after a quick shower. It smells softer now and the sharp note I smelled in the beginning is gone, thankfully. Still not a "oh my, I need a bottle" scent.

schjkl
schjkl

i hate it so much. it's too strong and overpowering. i can smell it on me for hours on hours. so i guess the longevity is good for those who like this'

Bussie
Bussie

I truely loved this fragrance. Its fresh, clean and not overbearing.

silverbutterfly

I have this one. Soft flower. Seems iris and lily of the valley.

divyaanand24
divyaanand24

I truly, completely, thoroughly love this fragrance. It gives me a feeling of walking in a forest, on wet grass with mild white flowers around. My friends like it on me and i get a lot of compliments whenever I wear it. :)

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

So many dislikes!
I understand that it can be a little scary before it dries down, it's quite sharp and very citrus-like. I can also understand how you can have very little patience with it, as with 'fresh' and 'citrus' fragrances you want instant results.

However the drydown is very pleasant, a very fresh, minimal citrus-woody, nearly ICY jasmine. It almost quenches thirsts and restores focus, which is quite unusual if it comes to jasmine fragrances as they can be migraine inducing. This one is uplifting, watery and lovely. As if someone froze whole jasmine petals in ice cubes and served it with lemons.
Thumbs up from me!

Probably the freshest jasmine on the market. When I think Floral Green I immediately think of this fragrance.
The lemon verbena & galbanum make it very soapy to my nose. It reminds me of certain older fragrances. Chanel No. 19 a bit. It's probably due to the slightly bitter accord from the galbanum.

Wieta
Wieta

i love it.... i love it.... i love it :) its fresh. i sense jasmine, strong but fresh and doesnt smell like an old lady perfume.
I just love it a lot. Long last... it stays on my skin all day long. Once, i've tried to spray it on my neck before go to bed. When i woke in the morning, its still there. I can still smell it.

andreas73
andreas73

This is a gorgeous floral green perfume that is frequently misjudged because of its strong head notes.
The top notes are jasmine (green), hyacinth (green) and verbena (also green!). On the heart, the flowers and the verbena remain for a very long time, and a note of galbanum (another green one!) appears. This note stays up to the very end, along with a lovely touch of cedar. I really don't get any lemon in this fragrance.
The perfume has lots of green and woody notes, but is still very feminine. I have to wait almost 20 minutes for the strong top notes settle down (I really don't mind, because I love these notes!) and then I get the feeling of walking through a verdant forest on an early autumn or spring day, right after a heavy rain. It gives me a very peaceful and relaxing feeling.
To top it all, the simple and clean bottle is just beautiful and insinuates perfectly what's inside.
A great scent for summer, spring and even cold or rainy days, very versatile!

vzant
vzant

It's fresh, it's cool and doesn't annoy my nose...as the time goes by it gets better.
I am a big fun of Miyakes perfumes!!!

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

It's like breathing fresh cool air after being cooped up after a while. So refreshing AND so much like Cristalle. ♥

Happy Perfuming!

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

a scent opens very green and floral. The hyacinth and galbanum are quite present in the first hour of the fragrance, reminding me of a less austere, haughty version of the fabulous Chanel N°19 EDT. I also smell some lily-of-the-valley in those first hours.
It conjures up images of mountains. Crisp air and icecold streamlets, flowers growing between the rocks.
Some time later, a scent turns quite soapy, a little harsh even. When that distinct soapy note, that I don't like that much, is gone, a beautiful, slightly spicy powdery, green accord appears, lasting well into the drydown. Oh how I love that drydown, it is so feminine and refined.
I don't really smell anything citrussy, no lemon and no lemon verbena, but that's fine by me, I don't really like prominent citrusfragrances.
a scent has good longevity; a single spray lasts more than six hours, but I do have to hold my nose close to my arm.
I can imaging a scent to be a wonderful fragrance for spring, but now that autumn lies heavy on this land, a scent fits the icy, crisp mornings and the grey overcast skies equally perfect.

The bottle of a scent is absolutely gorgeous. Robust and heavy, but very attractive.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

"A Scent" is not *just* a scent! It's a jasmin patch next to an herbal garden near the banks of a crystal clear lake where the moon is full and the fragrances are cool and heavy in the air......

Fresh, (verbena & amalfi lemon), pretty: (jasmine) and deliciously 'powdery' (cedar on a base of galbanum) and all this without that it loses its feathery-light air of cool prettiness. A treat for every occasion and age.

Silage is: "fresh jasmine wrapped in a cool breeze of cedar with a dash of lemony moonlight" -- Longevity: 6+ hours.

A must try for people who like light scents that still have impact without feeling 'heavy'.....A scent to feel pretty and at ease with. A scent that is easy to love...

kuswantono kreator
kuswantono kreator

Wild jasmine , bunga melati di tengah semak belukar , ada aroma mistis juga . Sementara Burberry London melati di kebun rumah . Pastikan parfum yang anda beli masih dalam kondisi bagus !

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

I bought this for my Mom, and absolutely love it on her! It's a clean, green, minimalist composition. Cedar and light white flowers. And very near a unisex fragrance! A new classic!

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Green, clean, clear and with white flowers and the spark of cedar. A thunderstorm is rolling in, as I type this, after a hot day and the air is cooling down and becoming more comfortable while steel grey clouds gather and I just want to run down to the beach and watch the storm come in. That's what this fragrance evokes. Love the mood!

dainty.teechan
dainty.teechan

gorgeous.
i really want this parfume but it's expensive. my friend give me a miniature and immediately, i loooveee it so much.
long lasting, elegant.

alidak
alidak

I have the edt, thus it's not that longlasting, but compared to other edts I have, lasting power is ok. I like this perfume, it's quite distinct. The most powerful note is definately the cedar, which smell constantly as the perfume developes. I get no jasmine at all, maybe because of my chemistry, and as knife said, the lemon isn't that freshcut lemon, imo is th scent of an overriped lemon, it's rather fruity than harsh, it's not bad. The lemon verbena is noticeable too, but it doesn't give that dishwasher scent that it used to have in other perfumes. This is a summer fragrance, more green, less flovery. I also detect some burnt note, which is quite noticable. Does someone have any idea what is it? Or it's just my chemistry?

knife
knife

A relative recently reviewed this fragrance. As you saw she really dislike it and on her it was bad,but not that bad in my opinion. When I tried it was a ok fragrance.I really love lemon,verbena,bergamot,grapefruit and so on...With white fresh flowers,virginia cedar.But the lemon its way to dark,not the bright sparkling citrus!The flowers is heavy and boring and way to much of them no virginia cedar. And thats it! Heavy lemon heavy flowers! Well after 20-30 minutes itis much better. In the future I maybe buy it again...

Michaelia531
Michaelia531

When I tested it in the shop, it gave me a good feeling and very fresh . Then i bought one bottle , however I found it is soooo green and so strong which makes me headache . It is so cold to me . I wish I could like it but i couldn't.

venclips
venclips

When i tested it from sample, i don't like the smell. Why this perfume is sooooo green like grass? I never smelt perfume like this before. But after 15 minutes, it's turns more softer and different with the top notes. It's smell so fresh yet soft powdery green. It's unique. The lasting power is great on my skin about a half day i still can smell it. Now i have the 100ml and i love it sooooo much.

happychub
happychub

if you're looking for a clean,airy,windy,cooling,longer lasting,excellent sillage fragrance...go for this ! love at 1st sniff and bought the 150ml edt, still in love with this scent until now.

sweetta
sweetta

One of my EVER Favourite perfumes. What distinguishes it is its uniqueness; never smelt any thing like it before. It reminds me with the smell of Flowers’ petals when you squeeze it in your hands. And it lasts long too, whenever I open my wardrobe I catch a hint of it. What can I see more than A GREAT PERFUME INDEED.

amelie

I always wanted to wear the Japanese designers, I imagined pure and gentle fragrances, and in fact mostly are oriental and hard to wear. This is the only scent by Issey Miyake which I really liked, incredibly elegant and fresh, a little bit in the dry-down reminded me of Truth, while in top notes on Cristalle...goes well with my body chemistry. Imo very feminine. To recommend for spring and summer.

denmaz
denmaz

i'm a male and i don't find any problem to wear this.

Jan246
Jan246

I bought this after (major blunder) smelling it on someone else. On me it was a crazy mix of spicy, woody notes that were overwhelming, with no hint of "fresh, clean" that I love. Had to give it away because this just was not for me.

weegee
weegee

This is the fragrance of melting snow, making it a perfect fragrance for spring. It absolutely sparkles with the brightness of jasmine. On my skin jasmine is sometimes too sharp but the fresh sweetness of the hyacinth note seems to mellow the jasmine by softening its sharp edges. Cedar gives the sense of crisp, clear forest air at high altitude while the lemon verbena provides a cozy, clean warmth that keeps the cedar from seeming too remote. Galbanum contributes the deep earthy smell of the the ground beginning to thaw after winter's last freeze. I don't sense lemon but I believe it functions like a bit of salt in cooking by enhancing the whole mix without really being noticed.

Fresh, sparkling and energizing. Also makes me think of standing barefoot in the cool water of a stream on a hot summer day or the slightly sweet taste of water just hand-pumped from a well.

A very energizing fragrance that lasts 4-6 hours on my skin. Definitely full bottle-worthy.

twilight1234
twilight1234

Cool. Cool. Cool. Cool. Cool. Cool. Cool. Cool. I think you get that this is cool.

Bhuvana.Balan
Bhuvana.Balan

To me, Issey Miyake's A Scent reminds me of the Kanha Forests of India rich with Sal trees! It is fresh, green, crisp, with just the right touch of floral notes! I love this fragrance and the first time I used it, my college roommate, who was on the phone, stopped her conversation just to compliment me on the perfume! I have received compliments from my girl friends & guy friends every time I have used it! I would recommend this perfume if you like green fragrances that are a little different with the right amount of florals. Sadly though, it does not last long. It stays for maximum 3 hours on me! That is such a disappointing factor...

Laureline
Laureline

Ascent - the smells at the top of a hill.

maraika
maraika

At the first spray i thought - this one is unisex. Few minutes later the fresh-cut green aroma mixed with something sweet and for me a little overpowering. Now i look at the notes and can't figure out where it came from. After a while it settles pretty, but i don't love it from beginning to end. I tried it on my wrist. I've noticed that i like perfumes better on my hair or clothes. So maybe i should give it another try. Now after the shower it's milder and softer on my skin and smells really nice.

Carles
Carles

I totally understand all the dislikes. The first time I smelled this I was like 'WTF! How can they sell something so disgusting?'. It smelled so stale like an old plant and made me want to throw up. With Issey Miyake and JPG fragrances I've noticed that they will eventually attract me. This was not an exception. It was the same with JPG Fleur du Male, the white flowers got my attention at last.

This scent is now a favourite. I don't spray it on myself, but still love the smell. It's so green, clean and makes me think of my mom's powdery skin, Swedish summer and sunny days in the woods, by the ocean or on a field of grass. I imagine myself living in a white LA villa with minimalistic light interior. This scent gives me a feeling of luxury at the same time it smells so woodsy. I could never think I would like it this much.

It saddens me when I know a lot of people never will find the potential of scents like this, JPG Fleur du Male and David Beckham Instinct (yeah, really!) because they never give them an honest second chance. It's very easy to condemn them way too fast and if they don't sell in the market then the brand will stop producing them, just as what happened to JPG Fleur du Male. That's sad but somehow I like the fact that these are fragrances not everyone can appreciate. It would take away their uniqueness if I smelled them too often. It's like a special song you just listen to at special occasions because you don't want to ruin it or get tired of it.

All I can say is it's a GREAT fragrance!

lukkyme

i just did a review of this & for got 2 add that although i did not care for this ''a scent'' I bet this would be an AMAZING one 2 play around with layering im not sure off hand with what but maybe some pure oil's like rose-jasmine-etc . . . . hmmmm?

lukkyme

bland & not for me . . it def would not offend me or any 1 else i wouldnt think! I did NOT smell ANY jasmine just a sharp sqeeky clean smell of green spring grass's & maybe some faint lime & cucumber's it does have a faint spa like zen/fresh smell & i.d.k? why but i picture a fresh face young japanese girl smelling this way? . . .again dont know where that come's from ? all & all its 2 me just 'not'a perfume & i guess that's why the name is just ''A SCENT'' & my thing is im NOT going 2 pay 'perfume'' price's for ''a scent' I can go 2 walgreen's & buy that dove brand cucumber OR even lemon verbena body spray . .& accomplish this same scent' alot cheaper . . . for the day's that im not using my beautiful smelling & usually expensive perfume's . . .but 2 each his own! one man's trash is another man's treasure :)

Gabriela
Gabriela

A Scent really surprised me...I'm not much into citrus fragrances, but I actually enjoy this one.

It was given to me by a male friend who didn't like how it smelled on him, so I thought it was for guys. I looked in the database and to my surprise it was designed for women. But, it has a lot of Unisex potential.

I got an initial blast of lemon, with a very distintive grass accord and even some coriander...to my surprise none of these notes are part of the fragrance. This is the opening which lasts a few minutes, then it changes and a very subtle sugar steps in, at this point I smell lemon and sugar notes, so fresh and just a bit sugary! This stage of lemon and sugar I get must be the verbena. This is the most feminine stage of A Scent! Then it morphs again and a masculine side emerges, I smell something green, so it must be the cedar. I also get a spicy note at the end.

It starts somewhat masculine, then turns feminine, then masculine again and finally it blends with your skin becoming a perfect Unisex scent...at least to my nose and on my skin.

I smell no jasmine here, maybe its my nose, but I didn't get it.

Undoubtedly fresh but with a spin of genders, crisp, and a loooong lasting citrus...

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Raw green .... so I would describe this scent. It's wonderful, like Chanel crystal, but more ''watery'' . Purity & young & smile = A Scent by Issey. Positive vote.

Cindy22
Cindy22

This is a special one. If you want something special, you should try this one. It is not sweet, but clean and dry. For me, the lasting power is OK.

elenian
elenian

I tested at a fragrance store the other days.All day a fresh feeling was coming from my hand.It smelled fresh green, like fresh cut grass and lemons... I will definitely purchase it this summer.

onimoka
onimoka

I tried this fragrance a few times in the shop. Every time on papire. There was something i liked about it, but it did not transformed into anything at all every time, so i tought, well, not for me... However, today, i got a very good price for this fragrance and i bought it, EdT that is. Tried it at home, on my skin and,- what a surprice! What i got is this:
aromatic, soft, green, very much alike Chanel Cristalle, but much more softer and thinner.
For some time now, i was looking for something special, "office like" fragrance, well, that is IT for me now :) I must say, that I am NOT Issey Miyake fan, but I like this one. Not cheep and not cheep smelling.

Ladusvala
Ladusvala

Everytime i came across a sample vial i'm scared that it's going to be like this. I don't get it, and i don't like it. I don't think they are listed, but this smells like Don Algodon, and a zillion other "cheap" marketing fragrances that the Puig corporation used to do in the 90s, before getting into the international high end fashion houses business.

Clean, fresh but generic. Not my cup of tea.

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

surprised me ....it is a jasmine jasmine jasmine ,really pure jasmine,lavender and a little bit green and lemon it is nice ,feminine,graceful,fresh&clean scent,very close to Cristalle Chanel as kasissa saied.

syarashin
syarashin

I'm not the type of person who goes on rinse off some perfume when I don't like it. At the most, I'll stop sniffing my wrist and let it dry down. However, I couldn't stand A Scent at all! I never thought that it would be that dry and, and, err, terrible? It's just too green for my floral/fruity/aquatic nose. I didn't smell a floral at all! Blame my nose for that. Haha. If people ask me about A Scent, I will obviously say it is GREEN with no floral at all. But I think there were some floral notes coming out after I've washed it all off.

It's fresh and airy, but certainly not for me. And to be honest, I would distant myself to anyone who wears this perfume. Sorry.

picisziv
picisziv

If I will ever get married I would like to do it on an empty beach in the early morning, in a simple white summer dress, green hydrangeas in hand, wearing A Scent. It would be perfect with it's minimalism.

pammiecillo
pammiecillo

If tried on paper, it's nothing amazing or spectacular. In fact, it is quite strong, green almost woody smell.

But..if you try it on your skin/clothing and it settles. IT IS AMAZING. I never had anything like this scent. I'm very fruity-floral but this is definitely going on my favourite perfumes. I like how it smells clean, light and fresh. Stays quite long on my skin.It reminds me of a nice enchanted forest. Perfect for summer and winter too. Perfect for all ages. Perfect for work or beach or dinner. YAY!

Update: Bottle looks beautiful. Minimal and modern. quite classy/professional too.

noruwei
noruwei

i sprayed some on my scarf and was repulsed by the "dry" smell of it. it caught me off-guard for a while since i didn't expect it to be so minimalistic. then it hit me,this fragrance is definitely different from the others; it's clean,airy and ZEN.

left my scarf inside my drawer for a couple of days to see how it fared.got back and smelt it again.this time i fell in love.it has this calming effect and I'm quickly transported to the lush greenery of my la la land.it's not floral or fruity; it's green,simple and yet gentle so i have to say that this fragrance is one of a kind;you don't know what to expect (in a good way of course!)

Annabel Lee
Annabel Lee

Green, green and more green. I truly like this perfume, although i certainly understand why many people find it a bit heavy or overpowering. In my case, i have found it's enough to only spray a very little amount of it on my wrist and neck to enjoy of a very classy and feminine aroma, mostly of lemon verbena and jasmine.

bucuriimarunte
bucuriimarunte

The after notes are great on my skin, a bit woodsy and floral at the same time. However, one can't wear only the after notes, and the repugnant sour minty herbal top notes make this scent a no - no ! Too bad...

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

very herbal and dry in the opening, not pleasant I'd say (lemon verbena is very prominent), but it gets more flowery after a little while. I can smell mostly hyacint though. Not too bad in summer, but I prefer L'eau d'Issey for the warm season.

alice_fotini
alice_fotini

I deeply regret writing a negative review, every perfume is a creation with its own qualities, but the truth is that A Scent is one of the few perfumes on my Dislike page and not without a reason: it makes my stomach twist, it smells so cheaply floral, synthetic and repulsive to me…

Killercolours
Killercolours

I'm surprised by the high number of dislikes, really! I can understand how some people don't like this though. It sure is minimalistic, dry and green, and if you're into sweet fruit I can imagine this being almost frightening. Haha. It's definitely unisex according to me though.

However, it's light as air and an amazing scent for hot days. The dandelion-y dryness that almost makes your tongue curl up is so amazing! It makes the transparency less anonymous. I don't have a problem with it smelling like bug spray or whatever, but citrus works very well on my skin so it might be that. But I can imagine it being a problem for some. So definitely, A Scent is one of those perfumes you should try on before buying.

From what I remember, the EDP is not nearly as beautiful as the EDT. The EDP has got some "body" to it, it's not as transparent and not as dry/green. Nothing wrong with that really, but in this case I definitely choose the EDT.

BeTrue2B
BeTrue2B

Quite unexpected and refreshing. Fabulous daily wear fragrance especially for spring/summer. Love at first smell.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Whoa, such an unexpectedly strong perfume in such a simple bottle. I thought, knowing Issey Miyake's minimalistic style, it would be a clean, medium-strength and definitely inoffensive lemony fragrance, but, oh, green! Soo green it makes my head spin and stomach churn. In its first half hour, A Scent was so cloying and so tea-ish, and jasmine was very prominent, it overcame other fragrances I sprayed on my arms. Well, in short, this fragrance is not for me because it's too overpowering and green -those two characteristics should not mix together. Ever. :)

wind83
wind83

i've a miniature 5-7ml.. too light for me, and i've got a same opiniion with slyvianne71.

like a cat pee.. or smething..
for unisex. its ok.

Fairylight7
Fairylight7

This is just Chanel Cristale in a different bottle, no? I do like it nonetheless and it's the certainly cheaper counterpart.

Pinni
Pinni

It was quite transparent and fresh scent but at the same time too green for me to wear. It made me think of herbs. I only kept the sample paper for a few minutes so I only noticed the top notes and can't say how the scent develops but to me it seemed a quite unisex scent that won't offend anyone.

Moonshield
Moonshield

hyacinth is very dominant in this "scent". it's fresh, clean and accordance with japanese minimalism.

Necabel
Necabel

Cuando olí la muestra que me dieron de este EdT me pareció muy interesante. No se parece a ninguna otra que haya probado anteriormente y despertó mi curiosidad. Te transporta a otro lugar inmediatamente, nada más percibirla, me sugiere un bosque verde húmedo, perfecto para desconectar, respirar aire puro o soñar. Pienso que es una fragancia de extremos, que no agrada a todo el mundo (por ejemplo a mi marido no le gustó nada). En caso de que la comprase, sin duda sería el frasco más pequeño porque tampoco me siento totalmente identificada, sería para romper la rutina en lo que es mi gama de perfumes.

***

When I smelled the sample which gave me this EdT I found very interesting. It is unlike any other I've tried before and aroused my curiosity. Transports you to another place immediately perceive nothing, I suggest a wet green forest, to unwind, breathe fresh air or dream. I think it is a fragrance of extreme, that does not please everyone (such as my husband did not like.) If I bought it, it would certainly be the smallest bottle because I do not feel fully identified, it would be to break the routine that is my range of perfumes.

aprilday
aprilday

This scent was a love on second look. First time I try it I was rejected by his first, sharp citrus notes. Later on, middle notes come in the first plan with calm, discreet elegant and yes, intriguing composition of jasmin and hyacinth. This parfume has a interesting versatile caracter, definitively love him.

MDWake8
MDWake8

Beautiful design concept but the scent is very green and bitter. All the Issey fragrances are like this to me. Too sharp and too sour. The idea to make a nature lovers scent was a good one but for me...I don't find it very wearable.

Suuhl
Suuhl

Somehow I feel a tad deceived. The first time I smelled it one year ago in the store (as well as the following dozen after I had bought it), I was enamoured by it. The fragrance was clearly saying "I'm a juice squeezed out of a grassy meadow", it was one of those fragrances that you cannot be prepared for. It was simply... different than what you would expect of a first-time encounter with a new fragrance.

But as the time went by, it smelled more and more insect repellent-y to me. I hardly ever put it on now. I'm however still keeping some hopes for it, waiting for the spring/summer to see whether it was merely the season effect at work...

adnana
adnana

I just bought the 100 ml bottle. It's nice and clean, perfect for everyday use, but not remarcable...I guess I will not buy another bottle soon. It's ok but it just doesn't do anything for me. I thought I would like it better cause I just adore L'Eau d'Issey....Well, it wasn't ment to be. Next!

DriHonne
DriHonne

I got a 30 ml bottle today. It opens with green notes and develops to a floral-woody scent (I can feel jasmin and cedar on it). Good for warm weather and also as a everyday perfume. The staying power in my skin was around 5-6 hours.

AnnieSmith
AnnieSmith

I can smell the verbina and lemon in it. nice touch of freshness. but i hate the jasmine. if you like clean simple yet springy florals, this one's for you. i think it would be great as a day-wear perfume.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I bought 15ml of this perfume. then try to spray on the paper. Very green, refreshing! But after 30 minutes later, the floral scents revealed. Nice perfume, but not for me :)

adele l
adele l

Not floral at all-initially verged on the smell of bug spray on my skin ( I don't wear citrus well though ). That said, I don't hate it. It's very fresh and bracing, a wake you up type of scent. Could definitely be unisex.

boncuk
boncuk

I love it..it is such a fresh scent which reminds me of green grass.. everytime when I wear it I feel clean and get nice compliments about my perfume, especially from men :)

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I was quite infatuated with this when it first came out and had to buy the biggest bottle I could find. Now, I hardly ever crave it because the harsh lemon notes put me off. If it weren't for the lemon, I would love this scent-an otherwise grassy floral. I adore the hyacinth note. But, because of the antibacterial citrus quality, I only like it and rarely wear it.

Justyna
Justyna

Reminds me a lot the old "Addidas" for ladies (very popular in 90'ties, alas! discounted). Even the shade of pale green on the bottle is the same. The smell is too chemical, but makes me sentimental...

sylviane71
sylviane71

My sister bought it by mistake (she wanted the pink bottle) and she hates it...she wanted to give it to me but I also find it horrible, something makes us sick and nauseous, my mother hates it too and doesn't want to wear it.

ilprezzo
ilprezzo

Very Fresh..but also kind of thick. Dries down to a thinner somehow lighter Version of Estee Lauder`s Aliage!
Smells Unisex to me...

njdeb
njdeb

Very pleased with this one. It is such a clean, natural smell. I would describe this as an aromatic, woody and green floral, brightened with sunny citrus notes. I pick up on the cedar right away, which gives the fragrance a pleasant, almost tannic dryness. To me, this smells like a sun-dappled wooded glade in early spring. This would be so refreshing on a hot humid day. Definitely unisex.

Bouquet
Bouquet

Very subdued, minimalist, and fresh, like a warm breeze blowing though green grass. Could easily be unisex. I compare it somewhat to Armani White,same spa-like quality-- but less musky. Lasted a few hour on me. Definitely a love-it-or-hate-it scent.

I love it, but, that said, it's neither a romantic nor a sexy scent, and I'd wear it only in places where I'd want my fragrance to be very low-key, like the gym.

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

This scent is lovely! Can never get bored with it!
I am not a big fan of just floral scents, as I usually like to have the floral with "something else" attached.
However, I strongly believe that this creation is amazing...after a green start it settles in a delicate, feminine, floral and serene paradise.
Someone related it to the Cristalle and No 19 from Chanel and I can see the point. I love those two also.
This is an uplifting and relaxing scent, in the same time, through the green and the flowers in it as they blend beautifully.
It is longlasting for an EDT, as I haven't seen the EDP anyway.
The scent and bottle match perfectly.
I give it 5 stars!

Gaubizi
Gaubizi

I wonder why you classified this scent as a floral. It is so green! Green, a bit floral, but also aquatic. But it is never a pure floral. By the way, I like it very much. There is something grassy about A Scent that feels good. But the longevity is not great. That should be a case for the perfume version. But then, A Scent eau de parfum smells very differently and I am not so into it.

jcxt
jcxt

very unisex but it's fresh and it is like nothing i had before. words fail to express a scent. it grows on you and you feel as if you stand out in the crowd amidst all that fruity perfumes and colognes.

it's sth i wld definitely consider buying again and it has a long staying power.

moi
moi

I tried it yesterday, and it is fresh and I get more lemon and grass smell,, I liked it,, it is not bad and good for summer

guest_snakebird
guest_snakebird

I have been looking for a new perfume for over a year and couldn't settle on one. I bought a 50ml bottle today and i love absolutely love it. Sweet fragrances seem to prevail at the moment so this was a breath of fresh air - pardon the pun. Not sure about those who say that it doesn't last very long - I think that it's a good thing!

guest_romnel

stupid to say "this is for women". Fragances are art and art is for men and women ... in a exposition there are not people that say "this is a picture only for woman, o this is a sculture that only men can see"
XD

A scent its unisex

guest_romnel

una ridiculés que digan que es para mujeres... los aromas son arte y el arte es universal

MoietToi
MoietToi

It opens up very woody and beautiful. Later when it dries down it smells like lemon mixed with flowers that the perfumeriers hijacked from a garden in England and put in the composition.
It dosen't last very long,which is sad because I enjoyed the scent while it lasted.

Alinabadea
Alinabadea

Great review, missk! I feel exactly the same about this perfume.And, yes, it is more suited for the office.

amber_glow
amber_glow

It smells good especially for summer and spring... floral and energetic yet fresh. Suitable for a wide range of age, but it turned to a sweet smell on me after sometime.

mado17
mado17

Really wonderful, very safe and clean..not so sensual, sillage is good...good for office..I will definitely get one ISA :)

movs
movs

Very fresh, green and yet elegant.
It's a clean scent with a very detectable cedar note.
I find the eau de toilette very long lasting.
Definitely a new favourite.

In 3 words: FRESH - GREEN - CLASSIC

guest_nano
guest_nano

LOVE THIS BOTTLE, SUPER SIMPLE YET CREATIVE. GOOD IDEA OF THE DEPTHNESS

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Tried it today for the first time. I'm sniffing my wrist as I type this. It has dried down to a faint powder, and barely resembles its former self. Green grass and plants are what came to mind the first hour or two. Then, something a bit sweeter, like the inside of a Taverners Fruit Drops tin (powdery, hard candies that my grandmother used to eat). Two more hours later and it is hard to conjure up its original scent. Not unpleasant, but wouldn't add it to my collection.

swedeangel
swedeangel

So fresh ! I liked l eau d issey for its lily of the valley tone,but here it smells even more so for me ,though its not listed as a note. Must be the whole picture that gets me this lovely lilyofthevalley and lemonscent i feel.
WONDERFUL and SO FRESH!

A Scent by Issey Miyake is possibly one of the most intriguing and dislikable fragrances I've ever come across.

There are certain scents that remind me of my childhood and the opening of this fragrance certainly takes me there. Although nostalgic, I would prefer not to wear it on my skin.

Fellow Australians will perhaps recall the scent of dry grass in the Summer and dandelions, those pretty yellow flowers that seem to pop up in places where you least expect. When I was little I would lie amongst these bitter smelling flowers, and this is exactly what A Scent by Issey Miyake smells like. Dry grass and bitter dandelions.

Of course the scent does develop beyond this intial bitterness into something quite fresh and lemony. However the drydown reminds me of a shiny, metallic kitchen sink, recently scrubbed until it shone using lemon-scented cleaning solutions.

Disregarding the connections I made through smelling this to both the backyard and the inside of my home, A Scent by Issey Miyake could be described as a green aquatic. Grassy, metallic, salty scents don't appeal to my taste, however I don't doubt that some people will enjoy this fragrance's unique qualities.

takethebunnyandrun
takethebunnyandrun

I must be missing something... my cousin went crazy for this, but I couldnt stand it! It's pretty clean and its a nice bottle... but ooohhh its not the nicest scent i've ever smelt...

Sultan
Sultan

unfortunately this is a feminine fragrance. I was waiting for this scent like for the secong moon, hovewer i was disapointed very easy. pity

MK
MK

First it seemed I knew this scent before. Really it reminds me a little bit of Bluebell with its hyacinth note,but A Scent has a grass, lemon and hyachinth note. I love this very much. A Scent is not weak, it is a longlasting, fresh, "noble" masterpiece.

guest_Serena
guest_Serena

I was intrigued by this scent because of its lightness and freshness. Yet, it also possessed a certain dramatic element which made me want to smell it again and again. I purchased it thinking it would be ideal for daytime wear which it was, but, it's actually a lot stronger than you may think once it's on your skin so you need to go easy (this was my experience anyway). My personal favourite new fragrance of 2009.

flirtee
flirtee

Initially I thought it's a mens scent! citrus orange smell. loved it! Maybe can be categorized as unisex???

it starts really bad or at least annoying for my nose.on my skin it starts like a disaster!lots of green sour notes with too much citrus that makes it like a fragrance for men.too much citrus makes it a bit like eau d'orange vert,but much sharper than that.by the way don't hesitate that it's a green perfume!
it becomes a bit better after a while,after some floral notes appear.I thoink hyacinth helps a lot,though I don't like it in perfumes,it makes this bitter green fragrance more feminine and floral.
I think it's a new and different experience for those who have smelt Issey Miyake aquatic perfumes before,but it's not my cup of tea.

guest_Erika
guest_Erika

I just love the smell off my issey miyake. But there is a problem with my bottle. It seems if the bottle leeking. It's always in a standing position, and then my entire room smells like the scent. Then when i feel the bottle, its oily and wet. I did pay a lot for this scent, and wonder if some of the reps can contact me, pls.

albatros
albatros

Green, clean, creamy, pleasant, fresh parfume with good staying power.

fragrance_is_happiness
fragrance_is_happiness

I got a sniff from a magazine strip and to me it just smells like estee lauder's pure white linen....which I loved at one point but I am over now. I guess I can give this one a miss...

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

Lemon verbena, beautifully, and then sweeter, fruitier, and even woodier notes. This is what I wanted Versense to smell like and it didn't. Luckily, this one did. I sprayed it before going for a Fall walk because I thought it would be an easy smell for a hike, and the scent added to my excitement.

Humm... I may be hooked!

Coming back from a hike: it smelled sweet and woody for a while, and then lemon verbena note was gloriously back!..

I am not hooked, I am in love!..

guest_ann
guest_ann

Issey has somehow reproduced the immensely popular discontinued fragrance from the 1970's entitled, "Eau de Love".

Many people have been searching for something like Eau de Love; and petitions have been signed for it to be reintroduced. Is perfume plagary illegal? No matter- it smells just as great as it did in 1970, even sweeter with the nostalgic memories from that era. $$$$ but worth the trip back in time.

truffles
truffles

Tried this on in town today. Have worn it before and I do find that on me it is longlasting with a subtle and lovely trace remaining for a long time after spraying. It seems to have the fresh green that I thought I had found in the Bobbi Brown signature perfume before I decided I found it sickening. Cooking tonight (a hearty affair - beans, sausages, garlic, tomatoes), I suddenly caught the mingling of A Scent with the food smells. A divine combination! I felt suddenly pleasingly feminine, but not at all in a twee way.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

This is not "a scent" as I expected, something so special and mysterious that one cannot find a name for it. It is the well-known and old-fashion lilly-of-the-valley scent, trying to hide behind the most abstract and sofisticated bottle. Well, little vintage lilly, now that I spelled your name, get back to the English rose and lavender corner, maybe you will be someone's (English) cup of tea, as you are not mine.

zvoncica
zvoncica

A scent is green floral with dominant citrus notes and freshness of cut grass in spring time. Reminded me on Chanel Cristalle eau Vert, but its less original and intriguing.

Everything about the scent is pure, elegant and minimalistic. Its neither great or terrible, more like golden middle, wearable and pleasant frag.
Lasting power is main fault cause its too short.

Bottle is, in my opinion, best designed and suited package release in this year.

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

a scent with clean feelings reminds me of spa. not longlasting. suitable for spring.

kylexora
kylexora

at first, i smells green notes with a little floral-musky notes. then after dry down, i smell citrus,floral and musky-no more green notes. i have to say that i hate it first, then i think i like it. it smells different from other mainstream perfumed introduced recently. this is way lot different and i dare to be different. have it?? it smells like chanel egoiste...

krishka
krishka

Flat and artificial, no lasting power after 2 hours...

Suslique
Suslique

smells better on a paper rather than on my skin. loved it for the first couple of minutes but it became too flat in a while.

imgcas
imgcas

I have been waiting for something like this for years: fresh but longlasting, clean but not like shower gel or shampoo, completely unisex but different from CKOne, green but not chypre, floral but not sweet, mineral and natural but not musky.

This is one of the best mainstream fragances this year. I'm wearing it right now and I think that I could wear it everyday without getting bored.

I have never been to Japan but somehow I can understand why it is inspired by its nature and forests. Very meditative and relaxing fragance.

desmondorama
desmondorama

I tried it last night and was surprised to discover that it smells identically like 'Y' by Yves Saint Laurent! I liked it very much and definitely considered it for warmer weather/daytime. Lasting and great sillage! I thought it was unisex, but it seems designed for women; but that will definitely change.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I tried this on my wrist today mistaking it for a unisex fragrance.

I must say there is something intriguing about this scent, it starts off very generic and unisex and dries down to a strange floral almost synthetic scent.

The dry down is great, but definately feminine, and it lingers, I kept getting whiffs of it all night, its very faint but yet it still manages to find it's way to my nose.

A very simple scent, I love it yet I dont.

flannelman
flannelman

A Scent is a clean green floral which made me think of a bunch of other fragrances. Balmain's Vent Vert and Chanel's N°19 immediately came to mind. When the beautiful top green notes start to fade, a pleasant, soft jasmin comes up. There is also a slight soapy note that seems to develop, less pronounced than but reminiscent of what can be found in Lauder's Pure White Linen, if memory serves me right. The base remains floral but with a marqued articifical, white musk aspect.

All in all, A Scent is not bad, even if not terribly original — there are a lot of similar (and better?) green florals to choose from! The top notes are by far the best part, for me.

Longevity is average but it might be worth pointing out that for a fragrance qualified as minimalistic, projection is quite good.

KasiaS
KasiaS

For me it's like Channel N.19 in a zen version, or something very close to Channel's Cristalle. Minimalistic and elegant. I would skip the flowery notes, too, though. It has sillage, but I agree that the lasting power could be better, although it's not bad at all for an EDT.
Both the bottle and the juice are outstanding among this years' new releases.

Divenus
Divenus

Too much floral for my nose.

I will prove again, but I'm not sure that this is for me.

amelie

I am not Issey Miyake fan, but really I liked the Scent, is quite elegant and even a bit discreet, which I was glad because Issey Miyake is usually too strong for me. Nice blending with the skin and seems to be excellent in summer & appears not to bother anyone.

Bumble
Bumble

About twenty years ago I absolutely loved Houbigant's Essence Rare,which is now discontinued.
This strongly reminds me of E.R.,with a similar hyacinth note.
I really like it,but it's true that it doesn't last very long.

HeiLi
HeiLi

Bland!!!!

reka
reka

very nice and clean, wonderful in a way, but not sensual or longlasting at all..

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify A Scent by Issey Miyake by Issey Miyake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of A Scent by Issey Miyake by Issey Miyake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.