Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

A Scent by Issey Miyake Eau de Parfum Florale Issey Miyake for women

A Scent by Issey Miyake Eau de Parfum Florale Issey Miyake for women
dislike

yellow floral

After fragrance A scent by Issey Miyake, its floral version was presented - A Scent by Issey Miyake Eau de Parfum Florale, which can be expected on the market in April 2010. Its flacon has the same shape as previous edition, but liquid of the new floral fragrance is pink. Composition offers jasmine, peony, ylang-ylang and galbanum. The fragrance can be purchased as 40 and 80 ml EDP.

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Galbanum Peony

Quartz
Aire Sensual
Un Amour de Patou

A Scent by Issey Miyake Eau de Parfum Florale Fragrance Reviews

Avra28
Avra28

Very elegant, grown up parfum !!! ( if only it had the lasting of a parfum! I have to wash myself with it to make it last a bit longer! ) At first I didn't notice the ''floral'' scent, but later its a very clear jasmine! When Miyake makes jasmine though, it is never too ... heavy! Its very light, sophisticated scent! Days mostly but its so .... chic that you can wear it anytime if you like it! I am glad I bought it! It does not last long though! ! ! (meaning buy it only on sales !!)

LuciaMarcos
LuciaMarcos

Beautiful freagrance, I really love it for summer days

Talicalicia
Talicalicia

What more can really be said?
Its exactly what it says on the box. It's a Scent, it's by Issey Miyake, and its Floral.
When I sprayed it on I thought it was one of those small soaps you get in Hotel room bathrooms, but looking at it its definitely a bottle of fragrance, even if the bottle itself looks suspiciously like a block of soap...
It's not unpleasant. Its clean, its fresh, it's palmolive.
Wear it if you want to smell clean.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Very nice, fresh, simplistic, non-pretentious floral-green-aquatic, elegant and versatile.

I'm usually not big on jasmine, however here it shines in a different light, it's harmless like jasmine green tea.

Greens in Florale reminds me of 'A Scent', however this one smells like original's fraternal twin sister, just as smart but perhaps a little more soft-spoken.

becuille
becuille

The soap monster strikes again! This smells lovely on a tester strip, but on my skin, it turns instantly to soap. This happens to me often enough that I need to sit down and figure out what exactly is in the perfumes that do it so I can see what the common factor is.

I do get some galbunum, but apart from that, it's all soap. Like Pears Soap or washing up liquid.

Shame, because it does smell lovely on the card.

lkha37
lkha37

A beautiful floral with aquatic undertones. I find it quite a calming scent and use it for work. A picture of lots of lotus flowers floating in a tranquil pond comes to mind as I breathe in the scent. Not that it smells of lotuses but it evokes the image of it. My zen fragrance.

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

I picked this one up on special and was told by the sales person that it is discontinued. If that's true it's a pity, because this is a great fragrance. I don't see hyacinth in the notes but there's definitely a great big green hyacinth note right up front. Under the hyacinth is a clean green base, cool and fresh like spring. About 30 minutes into this I get a non-indolic jasmine note. Sillage is medium, not sure about longevity but I'm guessing 4 hours.

I would wear this in Spring or Summer, it's classy and a little suave, not sweet, romantic or frilly. Clean and cool, fresh and bright. Does not present as synthetic to me. Highly recommended if you like green florals.

dielle.desouza
dielle.desouza

I love this perfume because it smells like a stronger version of peace love and juicy by JC. A very strong white floral that somehow reminds me of a wedding bouquet. Love it :) kicking myself for not purchasing it at smith & caugheys when it was on sale.

shaymaa.y.youssef
shaymaa.y.youssef

what a beauty! at last found a summer or spring fragrance with considerable sillage and longivity.It is excellent for daytime with refreshing floral scent

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

I received a sample when I bought a full size Angel tester. It's a pleasant floral with some deep resin notes. I detect a Ribena accord too. I'll use the sample, but won't be buying it.

Jama4
Jama4

Understated elegance in a bottle!!!

This perfume is a gem it smells wonderful but not a loud and flashy way. A Scent Florale is fresh, floral, light, and balmy. Initially the Galbanum is the most prominent note. As the day goes on jasmin is more noticable while galbanum morphs into something more powdery. A Scent Florale reminds me of Eau de Fleurs Cappucine by Chole (probably because of the Galbanum).

My skin type: Oily / Youthful
Projection: radiates with-in arm's length
Longevity: 10+ hrs
Office Safe: yes
Potency: Light (5 or more sprays)
Timing: anytime of the year / daytime
Packaging: 6/10; nothing unique

Will I repurchase: No

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

jillianin
jillianin

It smells familiar to me.light jasmine and resin, something green and fresh. I love more girly sweet scent, so it is definitely not my one.

At the opposite end of the spectrum of clean musk skin scents lie creations such as Issey Miyake A SCENT FLORALE. Having never tried its namesake, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from this, although I did read some of the fascinating and wildly conflicting reviews of A SCENT, which really piqued my interest in these perfumes. Our own beloved Miss K, see below, is apparently nauseated by the original, but others seem to like it.

Usually when anyone else is nauseated by a perfume, that's a big red flag to me, so I may have difficulties with A SCENT, but as far as A SCENT FLORALE is concerned, I have to say that I am very much reminded of Gucci ENVY. This is a powerful synthetic green floral composition, with an emphasis on the green. The responsible notes listed in the hierarchy are hyacinth and galbanum, but what I smell is that über-green synthetic undoubtedly present in most mainstream "green" perfumes. It's very strong and tends to have close to grating longevity.

I am a bit surprised, to be honest, at how green this creation is. My expectations may have been affected by the light pink box in which my sample vial came, and even the name suggests that the fragrance will be light: A SCENT. That kind of name usually means we're going to be journeying through anti-perfume perfume territory, in the land of laundry musk scents indistinguishable from fabric softener. Which I recently tried, by the way, because when our new washing machine arrived and the old one was taken away, we found a big bottle of fabric softener which had been left behind by a former resident. It turns out that fabric softener leaves clothes smelling very much like many mainstream designer fragrances being sold today! But I digress.

A SCENT FLORALE is not a weak and timid scent at all. It's a big fat floral green that will clobber you and everyone around you if you over apply. That must be why I've seen those tiny .8 ounce bottles around--the same size as the ones in which Thierry Mugler ANGEL is sold. Of course this composition is totally different in nearly every way, except for one: VOLUME.

The florals in this perfume smell mainly white to me, but I am also pretty sure that they are "abstract". I do not smell peony, so that's good news, since I have a serious problem with synthetic peony, but the jasmine might really be hedione, and I would not call this a rose or a ylang ylang perfume at all. This is "abstract" through and through.

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

I'm loving it, it's a recent impulse buy. Besides the pleasant fragrance, there is two strong reasons at least for it becoming one of my main perfumes. First: if anyone saw my previous posts, he will see that i'm always complaining that nobody ever notices I'm wearing a fragrance, and i've never received any compliments or had anyone making any kind of comments about it, despite trying many types of scents and many ways of applying them. I mainly use them for myself, just because I enjoy it, and I don't worry very much about other people's opinion, but it's kind of frustrating for someone who loves perfume so much and have a nice little collection( in my opinion), to never get acknowledged to "smell good", no matter how many fumes you try, hehe. Well, today for the first time I was profusely complimented not only once, but twice, wearing "A Scent by I.M.". They even asked what it was and I was glad to wrote it down for them. They were asking where to but it ( I live in Brazil) and were very excited!
Second reason is that it lasted many hours and stayed very perceptible all along, and that after 2 hours it suffered a marked change in the scent, suddenly releasing beautiful white flower notes, much better than the initial scent, which is a little soapy and strong (not a problem to me). I recommend to anyone who will try this for he to give it a chance to evolve along the day before making up his opinion on it.
I'm really happy with A Scent, i'm glad I tried it!

dkny27
dkny27

Pretty,but almost weighing on the side of generic. It starts off a sharper floral and subsides into something like a scented sachet you would have in your drawer. Nothing dazzling but not horrible, just a plain floral with a slight musky base, that's all.

ggtz
ggtz

i love this smell and wanna have it. more pricey than the others isnt it? donnow if it is long-lasting...

venclips
venclips

First spray it's not too sharp and too green like A Scent. This one is more floral. It has the same top notes and middle notes with A Scent, the original one. The base notes is different, it is soft floral and musk and A Scent is more green like grass but so fresh. If compare with A Scent, it is less powerful maybe because it's softer? I think. On my skin A Scent have a better lasting power. Both A Scent is too pricey, but if i must choose, i choose the Green one than the Pink. If you find that A Scent is too overpowering, then You may try A Scent Florale.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I got a (40ml/1.3oz),I was expecting something better,Like it was said already it´s good,but that´s all,I already smelled a bunch of perfumes like this one.. So I´ve been there,done that..

tarah2280
tarah2280

very light and fresh scent i like it from the first time i test it :)

parfumeguru
parfumeguru

I like the green, earlier version of this one. This one I can describe as being Vintagey Jasmine Issey Miyake style. Not very strong jasmine which is a good thing.

asemanet

it doesn't smell good at first but after 30min or a little more it smells so special and very nice.

i think it smell so especial but after 30 minute on my skin.I LOVE IT
I cant find anything similar to it's smell.

HazelMae
HazelMae

Typical boring floral-musk that smells like everything else, but then they added some kind of incredibly harsh synthetic thing layered over it. I smelled the original "A Scent" and realized that harshness is just the original formula, so if you like the idea of that over a typical commercially popular floral musk, then you will like this because there are no surprises here. This is the first time I've smelled something that actually made me feel sort of sad, not in a wistful melancholy way, just depressed.

The original "A Scent" is just too harsh for me, and I like woodsy and dry things. This stuff is just a couple of steps too far removed from the real thing, like it was made by people who are so used to synthetics they started to forget about the actual scents they supposedly reference. This is what I think they are talking about in The Guide where they say that there should be a working relationship with natural smells. Here the relationship fell apart.

FmeNot
FmeNot

Love the bottle..

Necabel
Necabel

Tras probar "A Scent" puedo afirmar sin duda que este EDP es su hermana tímida. El aroma me recuerda muchísimo al anterior, comparten el galbanum y el jazmín, pero éste es mucho más floral. Creo que es ideal para aquellos que han encontrado un aroma con personalidad en el original pero demasiado verde, este es un intermedio.

Es un perfume muy primaveral y diurno, limpio, fresco pero sobretodo seco, cosa que veo innovadora para ser un floral (según mi experiencia). La longevidad me parece buena.

Estoy sorprendida de estos dos perfumes que he probado de Issey Miyake, ya que no conocía nada de él, y me han resultado totalmente distintos a la mayoría de perfumes que conozco. Pueden gustar o no, pero desde luego los he encontrado muy originales.

***

After testing "A Scent" I can say without doubt that the EDP is the shy sister. The aroma reminds me a lot to the previous share galbanum and jasmine, but it is much more floral. I think it is ideal for those who have found a scent on the original personality, but too green, this is an intermediate.

It is a spring and daytime perfume, clean, fresh but mostly dry, innovative thing I see to be a flower (in my experience). Longevity seems to me good.

I'm surprised these two perfumes I've tried to Issey Miyake, and I did not know anything about him, and I have been totally different to most perfumes I know. They may like or not, but since then I have found very original.

Martyna
Martyna

Quite nice, but I am not a big fan of ylang-ylang which happens to turn out quite strong on my skin, so this spoils the fragrance for me a bit. It was surrounded by a very nice, fresh and just a little bit powdery flowery composition and this the part of the fragrance that I really liked. I also enjoy the dry down in this perfume. A little bit sweeter in comparison to the previous phases, without the powder and still very fresh.

This is not very original though. Just nice for me.

jaa456
jaa456

Subtle, soapy, clean and floral. I get something minty too when I smell this. Nice but that's all.

It's difficult knowing where to start when it comes to describing the way A Scent Florale makes me feel. Thankfully it doesn't repulse me like the original, acrid and green A Scent did, however this fragrance lacks something.

It's fresh, just like its predecessor, however it has lost all its greeness and become more 'pink' and soapy. I'm not really enjoying its girlish charm, and I think the trend of the 'pink' perfume is starting to bore me to tears.

It's very subtle on the skin, so much so that I don't see the point in wearing it. A friend of mine actually mistook this fragrance as the scent of my shampoo, so I can't say that it has a real 'perfumey' vibe. It's one of those pleasant, inoffensive type fragrances that aim to please those around you rather than yourself.

Honestly, the scent is not too bad, however when it comes to clean florals, I would much prefer to sniff a bar of jasmine and peony scented soap than spray it on myself. The idea of smelling clean is something that I personally cannot fathom. Clean fragrances leave me uninspired.

I must say that the lasting strength is pretty good, especially since Issey Miyake does attempt to state in big, bold writing that this is an EDP by stating it in the perfume's name. I find that on fabric A Scent Florale tends to radiate a lot stronger, however the skin does lap this stuff up, making it very quiet and subdued.

For the sake of creating a flanker that I can now stomach, since the original A Scent made me nauseous, I am glad that this was released. However, like I unfortunately expected, this was yet another bland and boring soapy floral for me.

melia

Gosh, I need to re-review my old one: what was I thinking? Hugo Boss femme? I don't think so now! Hugo Boss femme is kind of an alluring-office-perfume. A scent is a blushing-woman-on-a-tartan picknick-blanket-in-the-park-scent. I love how romantic floral this is; the original has a too sharp green citrussy note which makes me not like it.

WardrobeMistress
WardrobeMistress

Hello paeony! Hello lilac! Lilacs? yes definately lilac despite it not being listed as a note. Lily of the valley? Hmmm maybe, I get that note from the sample card but not from my skin. The jasmine only comes in a little later for me. Rather fresh and spring-like. So far, so good, but so what...This improves immensely after twenty minutes or so so when I'm really getting the ylang-ylang which turns the sex-dial up a notch (at least for me)

It's a little like Chanel Allure eau de toilette, in fact it could be Allure's brattish younger cousin who constantly tries to copy everything Allure does but gets it ever so slightly wrong. It's rather nice, but I don't really need another rather-nice floral, I would rather just go buy another bottle of Allure..

The drydown is unremarkably soft and powdery.

The more I think about this one, the more dissapointing I find it. I am an avid collector of Issey Miyake's clothing and only wish that a little more intellectual rigour had been applied to this fragrance. I would expect something more from one of the fashion worlds true innovators.

mseidoom
mseidoom

@Milkyway
You say shampoo, I got peppery toothpaste!! Totally killed it for me! Wow, if it didn't smell like that I could have loved this fragrance! I even kept using the sample to see if I could get pass that note. Well I couldn't!

Roma27
Roma27

I have not worn an Issey Miyake fragrance for ages & I really mean ages. I just stopped including it in my collection. Then today I decided to test this & Wow! It definitely caught my attention. Alluring, Sensual, Seductive & most certainly Captivating! I could bathe myself in this stuff BUT I would probably be hoarding it to fearful of emptying my bottle of new found treasure. The Ylang Ylang was most dominant for me & I relish the note. A big YES for this beauty.

milkyway
milkyway

it smells SO NICE in the beginning! very fresh and sweet and promising...but as it hits the middle notes the scent evolves into a washing powder like smell...and by the time the base notes step in it's a full-on shampoo/shower gel you get in a hotel smell...it was a bit disappointing to say the least, i had to spray some kenzo amour on top of that to cover up the sharpness..and you know what? the combination of these two actually produced a decen scent..

swedeangel
swedeangel

A scent i love,for its greenyness and lilyofthevalley-sort of scent.
This is the same ,bur with flowers. Same green,same lemony ,but the flowers... they are not a little even tinyest bit sweet -no - dry in some way,a bit of a catpee tone there. it settles and gets a little better ,but no Its not for me.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Oh well...Flowers, quite real, freshly cut flowers, appropriate for decoration but not for my skin.

Seemed to me like a meaningless launch.

The bottle looks beautiful in that coral shade. It reminded me of a soap bar. Cool. But I'm afraid the juice is forgettable.

albatros
albatros

Wonderful!!

zvoncica
zvoncica

I am disappointed with Floral A Scent. Smells like "must make floral version" of quite good ancestor. Rancid and synthetic floral overlay overwhelmed me. Smells like cleaning liquid, flavored candies painted fluorescently pink and tasteless so called floral perfumes.

On top of that grass green smell, sharp as razor, emerged after an hour. The original A Scent collided with this pink soup. I remembered scenes from videos where I dance at people’s weddings. The music had its rhythm and my legs moved in indefinable paths.

Floral A Scent is just like that. Tactless.

sylviane71
sylviane71

this one is delicate and feminine (the green bootle makes my sister, my mother and I sick and nauseous)

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

I like it and I can tell it is the pink sister of the green old brother. But not really for me. I love the green version, I think it cannot be beaten. But I agree that some people might find this one more bearable if they cannot put up with the green floral version.
All in one, not bad.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

light jasmine and resin.. and that's it.. i'm definitely not going to make friends with this one, just like i didn't with the original Scent :(

selinum28
selinum28

I find the resin note to be very noticeable, even annoying, at the beginning. Ads in magazines show a pink peony, but I smell the tropical flowers most. Maybe because of the galbanum, this fragrance reminds me the smell of certain flowers when they decay, like gardenias. It takes some time to notice any freshness; then it is another clean-smelling fragrance and is very difficult to identify any particular note.

imgcas
imgcas

Jasmin is the main note in this fragrance. It's a very fresh rendition of jasmin, but I was expecting something greener, like the original A Scent, but with a floral touch.

Well, it's really nice, but I prefer the first one and its mineral purity.

melia

I like this one, fresh and floral, though nothing really special. Familiar to hugo boss femme(though the notes don't resemble).