Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche Issey Miyake for men

L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche Issey Miyake for men
dislike

L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche by Issey Miyake is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for men. L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche was launched in 2006. Top notes are rosemary, bergamot and mint; base notes are musk and patchouli.

Rosemary Bergamot Mint

Musk Patchouli

L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche Fragrance Reviews

GRAF
GRAF

L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche is a wonderful, simple, versatile, citrusy, aromatic, fresh spicy men's scent.

It opens with very strong note of bergamot and alcohol but in a few seconds, the smell of alcohol disappears. In a minute or so, appears the mild fresh spicy mint with a strong dominant note of rosemary. In a few minutes comes to the surface a strong note of patchouli which perfectly fits with the citrusy-rosemary note but never overpowers them. They are all here, a beautiful blend well mixed. The musk is noticeable but doesn't play vividly.

The longevity is above the average and the projection is moderate. I consider it one of my best summer scents because of the nice smell and the good performance. I highly recommend it only for summer, day and night.

There is a strong resemblance with the Zhirinovsky blue EDP but has better drydown (because of the patchouli which I like very much) and better performance. I love it!

Supremescent
Supremescent

I spotted this in the discount fragrance isle, 20$ and picked it up blind as I have l'blue at home so I figured it would be a similar but fresher version....wow! was I ever right. absolutely gorgeous smelling frag.

Sashira
Sashira

I absolutely adore this fragrance (although I might be biased, I'm a sucker for both patchouli and bergamot). On me it opens with crisp, spicy rosemary and beautifully citrus bergamot, with prominent hints of patchouli coming through from the base notes, and it dries down to an aromatic patchouli musk, so it wears pretty true to description (except for the mint aspect, but I think that's just my skin). Throughout each layer it remains a very clean smelling fragrance, not heavy or overbearing, and it reminds me of walking through a lush herb garden after the rain. Great perfume when you want to smell put together and a teensy bit non-descript, but still maintain enough of a memorable, je ne sais quoi air about you at the office or maybe at an interview. Longevity is great on my fragrance devouring skin, and sillage is decent but not overwhelming. If you aren't afraid of a little spice and musk the levity of it lends itself well to being a great unisex fragrance!

sharmap14
sharmap14

I would say there's nothing ground breaking here. this is in the same league as nautica voyage and many other fresh aquatic cheapies. you can get it at drug stores for $20. very light and close to skin scent so don't expect it project much or last long. you can wear it to gym or office as it won't offend anyone because the only person able to smell it would be the one wearing it.

Lazaro
Lazaro

This is a very magnificent perfume. I been looking for this version for the last 3 years and finally get a full size bottle on my local tjmaxx for 19.99 bucks.
Issey Blue fraiche is disitintive positively and negatively on many ways. It opens with a strong blast of patchouli...a little musk and a perfect storm of Mint. The resemblance of toothpaste is tremendous,at first sigh give me a disgusting headache but after a moment it become one of those colognes that grow on you minute by minute. It hast a potent sillage and the lasting power is between 8-10 hours on me.

gabri
gabri

Very aromatic , I like it .They should have called this one:Eau de Patchouli

bailão
bailão

The most underrated fragrance that I've ever known! This is seriously entering on my wishlist, versatility is the good point on this one! A watered version of the incredible L'Eau Bleu, amazing and addicting!!!

Only knew it cause my brother brought a bottle of this one from Buenos Aires, and I regret so much that I didn't ordered one for me (actually I don't trust his nose, lol)

He scored a great goal on achieving it! I envy him! :)

advice: GIVE THIS A TRY! PERFECTION FOR THE SUMMER DAYS IN RIO DE JANEIRO, WHERE I LIVE!

Vegas Pauli must be nuts...

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I love IM Bleue, so I was hoping this would be a slightly lighter more citrusy version of the original. I was wrong. Friache is very alcohol smelling and very nondescript. It almost smells like a chemical used for cleaning. One try and I was instantly disappointed. Maybe some may like the antiseptic vibe and I can see where some might find it clean and modern, but I do not recommend blind buying based on IM Bleue. I blind bought and gave it away. Pass. One of the worst offerings from the house of Issey.

Fresh and clean, rather like cut grass, this safe summer scent sits close to the skin and could be unisex. Pleasant for casual daytime use, though nothing outstanding or too original. I may finish the bottle, but it's not that special, so I doubt I'll be buying it again.

Dad jax
Dad jax

this is one of the most beautiful summer scent i have ever smelled and have,Fresh, minty soft spicy ,delicate and some how deep..the only issue was longevity and projection, it required heat, believe me guys i was in Indonesia in 2012 and this was lasting on me like 9 hours plus, but as i returned to hungary it became weak, i thought my juice went wrong in the travelling therefore bought another bottle as i love the scent but same result so i kept it aside, but last year i went to Dubai and took this with me along side with 212 man and the results were phenomenal ... Too bad its discontinued..
but strickly for summer hot days , 30c - 36 c

physalis
physalis

This scent has intrigued me since the first time I smelled it at a perfume store. The saleswoman wanted to show me other fragrances (more interesting ones in her opinion) and sprayed L'Eau Bleau D'Issey Eau Fraiche in the air, looking absolutely bored. Well, I have to agree with her that it really seems to be a generic, repetitive and boring perfume... especially at a first glance.

But, I use to see things more deeply and... what intrigued me most is the fact that my interest was born in the absence, because a blast of fresh and bitter bergamot was everything I could have and it disappeared in less than ten seconds without any apparent trace.

No apparent trace? Well, it was exactly this missing trail that made me want to test the fragrance on my skin, so as to confirm its nonexistence.

But then, on my skin, something else was revealed: a subtle composition, so clean and light that I questioned whether its presence existed only in my mind. The smiling aroma of rosemary mingled with the bitter freshness of bergamot, in a quick and slippery evolution that I had no time to perceive the mint.

Floral notes tried to emerge and suddenly gave up the intention, perhaps due to some shyness in the face of patchouli's expressiveness. A clean, linear, creamy patchouli that owes its consistency and weight to the synthetic musk.

Now, you must know that all this affluence was not observed easily. Do not try to understand this fragrance in winter, because it only fully reveals itself at higher temperatures, above 30°C, also being favored by high humidity. Only then I could be seduced by the captivating harmony between rosemary, patchouli and musk.

It is beautiful, and I want this accord in a more intense and long lasting way!
But, can I have it? Will it spoil the harmony?
Some scents exist only in thin air.
You, by my side, can you feel it?
I know how it feels, but maybe it is all in my mind.

mista majestic
mista majestic

Found an old bottle of this in my wardrobe...must be 8yrs old!

3 sprays to my neck and 14hrs later is still going strong, even having been to bed. Very potent indeed! More so than anything else I own.

It's a scent for smart occasions IMO, a bit to full on for casual wear around the house or down the pub.

It's a beast with huge longevity. Might well be that I have an early bottle as it doesn't match up with many previous reviews.

Gami
Gami

Owning almost the whole collection of Issey-Miyake... This is one of the lighter versions and does not give the lasting impression that the original gives let alone the original Blue version. It last around 1-3hrs in a hot summer day. Any easily fades away within 5hrs. It's a Beautiful scent but easily blends in with many colognes of today. It doesn't standout or gets noticed easily unless someone is searching for it. The impact of the original is much more noticeable.
On a scale of 1-10 this gets a 6 for me.
I love the original Blue much more... ;-)

Jay T
Jay T

J'obtenu peut être une "Eu Savage" sorte de ambiance de la pour le debut mais apres une heure il est rien de particulier.

Bon, fort sillage pour le debut mais s'estompe rapidement sur ma peau.

teadot
teadot

Me-likey Miyake !

A simple but distinguished spring/summer scent that's best for any daytime dress shirt occassion, imo. A cool, astringent, bergamot peel in mint-oil accord hits me in the Opening; establishing a "mature" herbal character. (By "mature" I simply mean more reserved than energetic in style.)

As the scent developes... A calm and reassuring skin-musk warms up to my body temperature... and blends everything seamlessly to my skin. This is where "Bleu Fraiche" really shines. The musk diffuses rosemary and bergamot, to undermine the severity of the bitter elements with a delicate citrus/floral tint. An understated and intimate "heart". It comes across gentlemanly, without beng uptight.

I get a smooth, airy, close to body sillage for 5+ hours on my skin. Pretty good preformance for a light, translucent scent. To say that "Bleu Fraiche" is simply "L'eau Bleu" without the spiciness and "body" (although true), would be doing it injustice. It has enough character of it's own to stand shoulder to shoulder with popular office-friendly scents like Bvlgari pour homme extreme, for example. There is one caution! This scent may work against those who have strong "scent-memory" of Vicks vapor rub, or a mentholated ointment -at least in the opening. I initially got that vibe myself to be honest. But fortunately... that disappears for me after the scent develops.

A "must try" for those who like Issey Miyake scents. Very Good.

I've been used to disappointment from the myriad 'L'eau...' flankers available and expected this to be much the same. To my surprise L'eau bleu d'Issey eau fraiche is a wonderfully fresh and strangely intriguing fragrance.
Very, very prominent mint, usually not a note I care for especially when so dominant in the mix but this is truly an exception for me. The general vibe is watery but not aquatic more like sliced cucumber or something?
It's a fresh citrus opening which compliments the minty and herbal element of rosemary which is definitely there too. The base is musk I can't say I got any patchouli.
My girlfriend thought it smelled like tobacco...(I know bless her!!!) but I forgive her for not having the delicately nuanced sniffing abilities of a true frag head. Strangely I sort of got where she was coming from it does have a smell kinda similar to the inside of a fresh packet of menthol cigarettes, but that's more mint and paper than tobacco.
This might be why people are getting a weird plastic smelling quality to it, L'eau bleu d'Issey eau fraiche is quite unusual but I like it.

kaysee
kaysee

Omg! Why didn't I know about this one? Just tried it on about an hour ago.
I haven't felt excited about a fragrance in a while.
It is so sexy.

But: I don't think longevity is that great. I mean it's only been like an hour and it's kinda fading away.
(I think I just sprayed it twice on my wrist)

I think I'll buy it and overdose on it before I leave the house!

I'll give it one more try tmrw and see how that goes.

rayees
rayees

I had this one. Good citrusy scent.

ekrt232
ekrt232

Just to.add.balance this scent opens up harshly and bitter citrus and when you think you figured it out it dries but does not fade. There is woody herbal notes that linger and stay long with the citrus effect. This isn't long lasting and it makes you want more . My only criticism is that you can wear this without secont guessing and it will stay true for a short period. I think any date would like to catch a wiff of this and be sure to ask you what is that you're wearing.

jozemo
jozemo

A nice low key scent that can be worn all the time , not overbearing like the original..this one is lighter and better to me.

Fleurz
Fleurz

I love the scent as a women's perfume. It is incredibly fresh (smells a bit like showergel...) and just the right balance between masculine and feminine. I want one for myself. I can imagine myself in the summer, spraying this all over me to get that lovely feeling of freshness.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

Too much confortable and interesting. Not synthetic or common. Nice musky/aquatic/green combinations!

Sillage: 6/10

periquito89
periquito89

Almost transparent like the bottle, but it remains with you quite a while, and is like a very watery (or diluated) thing of Bleu d'Issey itself. Thanks heavens ":¬). It removes what I dislike of Bleu and doesn't have what I dislike of L'eau d'Issey family either so surely may be acused of not have a caracter anymore. Could be an aquatic as well. It is transparent, it's not groundbreaking, it doesn't have a huge synthetic feeling, and is easy to wear. But even this type of scent can, at some point, bores you, for being, let's say, too "cold".

dad hash
dad hash

I read somebodys comment stating that, if this one is mixed wear with Kenneth cole black the result will be sexy, MAN Bulls EYE, fucking i tried it and i must say not only girls but any one around you will ask about it!
Both of them boost together really well!!

ProfDaniel
ProfDaniel

My wife hates this cologne on me, but, I like it--light, refreshing, definitely not overpowering. The woody-musk combination is nice.

kerrso99
kerrso99

This fragrance is absoulutly disgusting. i love the original and the summer editions but this has a wierd smell.As soon as you put it on there is just this off smell, it does fade but after about 2 hours it fades to absoulutly nothing.

guest_kenzoman
guest_kenzoman

Big disappointment for me. Original L´Eau de Issey is much better.

guest_dagu
guest_dagu

Simply one of the best perfumes i have!
Today i got it from a friend and i was amazed by the smell...soft....delicate...for a men who doesn't want to be nothing else but...divine!

svillatoro
svillatoro

Light but fresh and clean. Great combination of citrus, mint and musk. Highly recomended

guest_batabidd
guest_batabidd

Two years after the launch of L'Eau Bleue, Miyake decides to launch a fresh version of the original perfume, that to my nose, is more than an olfactory variation,is a re-imagining of the original "L'Eau Bleue d'Issey".
Originally launched as a summer fragance, now it is available all year round.

This time, the juice concept dance in an airy, clean, luminous new breath of fresh, musky-aromatic side.

Countains notes of bergamot, mint, rosemary, may rose, maté, pink pepper, white patchouli, musk.

Yes, it is aquatic but in a brand new dimension, yes it's light but in a genuine new way.

"Bleue Fraiche" opens slightly aquatic, but not in a the classical way.
It has a reminiscent of water but in a dark, natural way, like a pond in the middle of a forest.
The mint gives the green aquatic freshness twist in the formulation, but as it's accompained with the mate, it shows us its obscure side.

The may rose gives way to the essence, quite noticiable, quite gorgeous.
Manly, while the patchouli reveals a lighter side drying down in a soft, peppery aromatic seductive rose-mint perfume.

The whole perfume is soft, velvety and aromatic, tending to be close to skin.
It's liquid air in a bottle. The formula is so much airy, that some people can actually say they couldn't smell nothing homogenic but a sensation, something fresh.
The lasting is quite decent but the perume develops soft and close to skin.

hay81hay
hay81hay

its some thing nice and fresh, opening citrus ,
the only problem its didn't last long time i am wondering why , i bought it from eBay but i don't think that's the reason.

arxsyn
arxsyn

By brother bought a bottle of this stuff but he isn't a perfume-wearer so it is rarely used which is a shame. I like it.

More of a day fragrance, very fresh tingling feeling. I spritzed it on one hot afternoon and it literally gave me the chills [in a good way]. I revelled in the citrus-herbaceous aromatic top notes and the pink pepper gives it some pep [love that quality; really enlivens the juice]. It's got a patchouli and musk base for a slight floral flourish that harmonizes well.

Not aquatic at all to my nose, I don't recall any watery cucumber. But I may need to revisit.

valdano
valdano

I just got this perfume today!
This is really nice fragrance, not really likable, but its keen to change our mind about How a Floral Woody Musk perfume should smell.

At first sniff before i buy this, it smells like too much bargamot, but it dries very fast and left the smooth mint woodsy musk(ular) behind!

Then i start to love this fragrance!
Combine it with Kenneth Cole Black (men), their duet really seduce all the people who has a sharp nose. Kinda minty but spicy enough to make our body 'Hot' dude!

guest_lincegsxr
guest_lincegsxr

muy buena colonia para usar todos los dias de manera informal .. para los meses de invierno......

Han conseguido arreglar el error de la LAVANDA en la bleue clasica, quitandola.

da_markos
da_markos

1st though - strange... it smells like room with lots of dvd and video tape ;)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche by Issey Miyake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche by Issey Miyake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.