Designers » I-K » Woody Aromatic « Groups

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake for men

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake for men
dislike

I have it: 430 I had it: 206 I want it: 249 My signature: 24

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake for men Pictures L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Issey Miyake for men Pictures

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are rosemary, lime, mandarin orange and orangewood; middle notes are cypress, ginger, juniper berries, pink pepper and lavender; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, atlas cedar and oakmoss. This perfume is the winner of award FiFi Award Best Packaging Men`s Prestige 2005.

Rosemary Lime Mandarin Orange Orangewood

Cypress Ginger Juniper Berries Pink Pepper Lavender

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Atlas Cedar Oakmoss

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

The only Issey Miyake I wear having never been enthused by L'Eau d'Issey PH, and only ever "quite liking" the Sport version. But, this I really like.

To me this is all about citrus, pepper and ginger. Linear throughout and having a particularly pleasant citrus - unlike the many synthetics out there that can make the initial application "challenging". The other ingredients successfully round-off a very pleasant and coherent "fresh" fragrance. A very nice summer scent that reminds me of Oscar For Men, Cacharel PH and Cartier Declaration amongst others. I could envisage enjoying L'eau Bleue for a long time to come.

Gami

I own almost the whole collection of Issey-Miyake . This is truly a unique scent that cannot be described through words... It's not for everyone to like. It's a very serious scent. Think corporate CEO or the main guy from ths book 50 shades of grey would likely wear this. Its a scent ment for the serious sexy. Last all day...
Its a scent that takes time to truly appreciate and understand.
My lady bites me when I wear this.
Sexy in a bottle.
10 out of 10 for me.
;-)

Gami

I loved this scent since day of release. This is my signature scent. I love it. Dont buy it cause I want it to stay unique.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I love this one. Its very green and sharp. Like if someone cracked open the trunk of a pine tree and held it under your nose. Once it settles its earthy and woody. Very very masculine, which is why women often compliment me when I wear it, there is nothing feminine about this one.
It reminds me a little of Dior Fahrenheit maybe because it has a sawdust smelling vibe to it.
The silage is potent, I have to be very careful when applying because I have had some say it was too strong. One spray on the chest before the shirt is enough and that will last all day. People compliment me on it in the evening although I spray it on in the morning after I shower.
I consider this a clean scent but not sweet, its very herbal and green. One of my favorites of all time. My staple.

Asylumin
Asylumin

The scent itself really good and unique, but i dont know if its reformulated or something, because the sillage is very poor.

ArschAngel
ArschAngel

usas: I don't know about the USA, but here in Europe cypress grows at literally every cemetery. That's why it smells like death to me.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is a tough one, largely because it's weak. I searched far and wide for a sample of the non-Fraiche version, and eagerly hoped for a grayish-blue herbal aquatic like Bombay Sapphire Infusion. The opening is really well-done: crisp cucumber, juniper, herbs, and just a trace of mint face off against strong but completely un-sweet aqua notes. It has a little bit of the Blenheim-style herbs that I dislike, but not much. Very alpine, sharp, and bracing. It's not quite what I expected...more earthy and less surreal than the original, with more trees and less ocean than I predicted. It weakens faster than you'd expect, but the piney sting remains for a relatively long time. It has just the tiniest bit of violet to sweeten it, which I don't think is necessary at all but isn't enough to do any harm. Very natural pine in the end, but surprisingly weak, so I'm tending to group it mentally with the short-lived moist bitter green genre. I'll grant a reluctant thumbs-up because the natural pine base is unique.

kaysee
kaysee

used to wear this back in 2004. I loved it, I remember the citrus/woody scent mixed with daisies and honey.(if that makes any sense at all)

And although I really really hate Miyake pour homme, this one is very good.
Longevity is unbelievably good.

I might be buying it again soon.

class
class

I like the original L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme for daily wear much more better then this Issey Bleue. Issey Bleue reminds me of the very "Old Spice Lime cologne", but this Issey Bleue is more sharper or citrusy than that. I suppose this Issey Bleue would be okay for teenagers, but it's not for me.

RES2525
RES2525

I've developed a bad habit of late. Perhaps it is simply because I've sniffed enough fragrance to have enough scent memory cataloged that I cannot help but make comparisons. In a previous review for Dior Fahrenheit Aqua I said it smelled very much like Live Jazz by YSL mixed with the original Fahrenheit. In this composition by Issey Miyake, it smells to my nose almost exactly like a combination of Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren mixed with Burberry London for Men. There is a strange sense of a division between the two as if two colognes could share the same bottle but still exist on their own terms. Sniffing after application I smell alternating nuances of both these fragrances. But like oil and water, neither ever seem to actually blend very well into the other. While both of those fragrances are pleasing in nature, a best of both worlds this is not. I find it difficult to enjoy the fragrance as a whole. It's as if a spring/summer scent smashed up against a fall/winter. Melon/cucumber/citrus smashed up with a potpourri/tobacco/spice fragrance. Some might like this contradictory juxtaposition of nature. This dissonance to its song. Issey Miyake Bleue isn't screechy or harsh and the quality is respectable. But the fragrance feels heavy handed and simply doesn't work as a whole in my opinion. You may disagree. By all means this is sample worthy.

It should also be noted by the inquiring noses that this smells nothing like the original L'Eau D'Issey and should not be regarded as a flanker. But rather as an original composition.

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

This is a true gem and there is no 100ml as eddie says. Great mix of wood and citrus, always reminds me of lime tree

lee_maccuckoo
lee_maccuckoo

Can't have enough of this one. When I first sprayed, it smelled quite odd, so I went for a walk and smelled it 10 minutes later. That's when I realized I'd always dreamed of smelling like that.

andy84
andy84

I'm a fan of the original L'Eau d'Issey but I find all the intence, summer and sport versions of it boring for me. I haven't got an opportunity to try L'Eau Bleue. What are the differences and similarities between the original and this flanker?

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I know nobody has made the comparison, but L'Eau Bleue PH smells remarkably like a fragrance by Amouage, namely Epic Man, albeit fresher, lighter, and greener. Actually it's the other way around - Epic smells like L'Eau Bleue, because Epic came after. I've even sprayed some Epic on my other wrist to compare, and can say with total confidence that anyone who wants Epic "on the cheap" should look into L'Eau Bleue PH.

The biggest and most welcome difference in Miyake's scent is the lack of an oud note, but the way pink pepper, cypress, juniper, ginger, cedar, and patchouli are handled mimics the more expensive perfume in some uncanny ways. Ingredient quality between the two is also ridiculously close, although price-wise, L'Eau Bleue is commensurately weaker. Expect about four hours out of this one before it fades into skin-scent oblivion, while Epic drones on all day long. L'Eau Bleue has the same camphoraceous-herbal quality that felt so much like Vick's VapoRub in Epic (it's not so bad here), and I'm wondering if there's eucalyptus and/or fennel mixed in with the rosemary, ginger, and cedar. I also get an impression of fresh artemisia, but that is likely an olfactory illusion.

The drydown, like most of Miyake's masculine drydowns, is very clean, slightly floral, and woody, yielding a quietly pleasant cedar and jasmine accord. It's very masculine, but with a stately restraint not often found in inexpensive masculines these days. I like this scent much more than Epic, even though they smell so similar, and there's one reason: no oud. I've come to the conclusion that oud is not for me. After Creed's Royal Oud, I'm pretty sure the note will never fall into favor, and with the revelation that Amouage can be outdone by Miyake simply by removing the oud note, that sentiment is firmly bolstered. Despite the company it keeps, L'Eau Bleue is, by all measures, an overlooked gem.

rayone23
rayone23

All I have to say is L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme is a must have in your collection but its not much for the young cubs this is more for the big lions lol

roll4fun
roll4fun

I was strongly and favorably impressed by yesterdays mall foray paper strip test. I will likely make an online purchase.

This fragrance being a wood aromatic, I was delighted by the cornucopia of strong woodsy notes.(All of them good.) Yet I was also aware of some ginger, lime, and a hint of pepper, in order. Four hours later, I could still easily smell the test strip aroma, though by then only the woody notes were evident. This would seem to bode well for longevity. I may do an addendum to this review after purchase and some useage.

Chalk up another strong impression of a paper strip test. Except this time it was a favorable one that will lead to a purchase, though not at the mall store.($$).

This being a woody aromatic fragrance, I was delightfully impressed with the cornucopia of strong woods - like scents on the test strip. (All good). Yet at the same time, I was pleasantly aware of ginger, lime, and a hint of pepper scents in that order. Four hours later, I could still easily smell fragrance on test strip, though by then it was strictly woody notes. This seems to bode well for longevity. After I make online purchase, I may do an addendum to this review.

torres71
torres71

Really good fragrance! Quite unusual.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I was expecting a marine/ocean fragrance considering the BLEUE name, but 'rosemary' is the main note I smell throughout this sent, so I think of forests and green/nature rather than blue water... but, overall, I like it.

I realy respect Issey Miyake over other perfume brands... They keep experimenting with their 'fresh' smells by being braver than most. They don't just adjust the base formula, but rather, go completely into another smell, yet it's still in the 'fresh' area. Not always, but most times. (I'm thinking of the difference bewtween 'Intence', 'Bleue', and the original scent). All great.

The dry-down after an hour for 'Bleue' is beautiful. A smooth herbal freshness.

mfire
mfire

یک عطر خنک و تلخ برای استفاده در محل کار در هوای گرم تابستان!
از جمله ویژگی های این عطر ماندگاری و پخش بوی بسیار عالی نسبت به قیمت هست. این عطر رایحه ای وودی اسپایسی داره و بخاطر تلخی که داره شاید عطره همه پسندی نباشه و قبل از خرید باید تست کرد. بدون شک یکی از بالاترین پخش بوها در عطرهای خنک رو داره و با تستی که خودم انجام دادم تا 3 - 4 ساعت به راحتی پخش بو داره، تا 7 ساعت باز هم خودتون حسش میکنید. روی لباس 1 تا 2 روز موندگاری قابل حسی داره و روی پوست چرب من 12 تا 15 ساعت ماندگار هست.
اما در خصوص رایحه باید بگم اولش با یه بوی ترنج مانند به همراه مشک و نعناع هندی شروع میشه و بعدش رایحه ی زنجبیل اشکار میشه و در نهایت بوی عطر به تلخی و شیرینی میرسه و رایحه دلپذیرش آشکار میشه. شخصا از خنکیش بعضی مواقع احساس بوی نفت مانندی میکنم که البته به معنی بوی بد نفت نیست و فقط خنکی زیادش باعث حس کردن همچین رایحه ای میشه که در این هوای گرم تابستونی خیلی دلپذیر و انرژی دهنده ست.

مناسب برای فصل های تابستان، پاییز و به خصوص بهار
پیشنهاد استفاده: محل کار و قرارهای کاری
پخش بو: 9/10
ماندگاری: 9.5/10
رایحه: 8/10
قیمت: حدود 170 هزار تومان

amazing stuff....unique, sexy and invigorating. Nice bottle and quality juice...lasts a long time on my skin.

jfragrance
jfragrance

One of the greatest fragrances out there. It has a citrusy, spicy and woody scents... I absolutely love it!

marolay
marolay

altamente recomendada uniko olor uste se siente en un bosque humedooo....

Dear oh dear! Not impressed with this outing.
I wanted to love this so badly too the original L'eau D'Issey is an classic and among my favourite ever fragrances. The bottle is a beautiful shape and looks great in blue it was all set to be a wonderful addition to the collection, that was until I got a whiff of it!
Again, to try to balance my opinion here...I have only tried in once on a card in a shop so can't give a detailed review, this thing could transform and become fantastic in the drydown but somehow... I doubt it.
I just can't get over those initial notes of rosemary and lavender I simply don't like them when they're not in the background or careful finessed.
Hey, I'm not one of these people who moan about flankers, diversity within the same product line is fine. I mean it's quite clear why companies feel inclined to trade off an established name but this is one departure that is very unlike the others that bare the 'L'eau...' name and I for one... don't like it.

WOW.. this to me is the first perfume i have blind bought and fell in love with at first sniff..amazing and unique..blended well together very woody and aromatic.. beats out a lot of unnecessary expensive others.. can easily become my signature and spare me a lot of $$..

10 over 10 for me.. top stuff.. a must try.. love it

uxmanali
uxmanali

Have you ever noticed the smell of a mountainous jungle after continuous rains.

The smell of earth after rain combined with Cypress,pine trees and Cedar. This is what it smells like.

It is earthy, green fragrance.

Perfect for rainy seasons. Try it after cold winter rains.

Amaroo
Amaroo

Any similar perfume to this one ???

ohyousooners
ohyousooners

This is a beautiful and sophisticated fragrance!

I don't think I've experienced a fragrance that changes so dramatically as you wear it.

I totally agree with DaZeD's description. This opens as a wonderful cypress, pine, forest, and very green fragrance. But, within a couple hours it evolves into a likeness of it's big brother L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme. I get lots of citrus all the way out.

It goes on Green, but ends up Blue, just as the name suggests.

This fragrance lasts a long time, is high quality, and is blended very well.

Plus, I found it at TJMaxx for a double marked down price of $20 for a 2.5oz bottle. Yeah, the box was opened and pretty beat up, but the juice is good!

This is one of my new favorites. Great for warmer weather!

DaZeD
DaZeD

I love this!

Lot's of people say it has nothing to do with the original but that's not true.

The opening definitely has nothing to do with the original, it's very sharp and pungent, very green and spicy, and takes a while to settle down, but after that, about 2 hours, the original L'Eau d'Issey comes more to the surface and is getting more and more recognizable as the scent softens and takes it's form as the greener alter ego of the original.

This is definitely still L'Eau d'Issey, it's different, but it's still very recognizable after a few hours.

The longevity is great, sillage is good, not overwhelming, rather soft, but that's what i like about L'Eau d'Issey in the first place, it's calm non offensive nature makes it very wearable.

Ok so after 11 hrs of wearing bleu, these are my stats:-

# Longevity : 9/10 (on my skin)
# Projection: 9/10
# Sillage : 8/10
# Smell : 10+

In a nutshell : Pure Awesomeness !!!

Kj11

This is my first ever review on fragrantica though I've been registered for about 2 years now.
I just received my order of 2.5 oz of this beauty, and after having sniffed it, the first thought that crosses my mind is......."I gotta find the biggest bottle available!!"
Complex-Enigmatic-Wonderful-Quality Fragrance......!
You may love it, you may hate it, but you must try it.
As per me I feel like I have found some hidden treasure..!!

P.s. Will give my final opinion after a full wearing, but it is highly unlikely for my views to change.

tororojo37
tororojo37

I remember the first time wearing this thinking that there was a slightly disturbing, unsettling note to this fragrance; unusual to say the least. It may be the juniper berry traveling down to the cedar and patchouli, but about 15 minutes into wearing I could not help noticing that the overarching effect of the scent was that it smelled as if you had just had sex. Many friends male and female have attested to the same reaction. That being said, it seems like this is one those fragrances that smells different to others that to the wearer. Women and men cannot keeps their hands off me when wearing this and DEMAND to know the fragrance. Though they are made with "essential" oils I think most people (myself included) aren't used to such earthy, primal fragrances. Definitely keeping this dark, rogueish cousin to L'eau d'Issey on hand.

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

عطر تابستانه باطراوت و خوشبو. بویی نسبتا دارویی(دارو های سنتی) . در بین ادکلن های تابستانه این دارای پخش بوی خیلی خوبی است..رایحه ای از درخت سرو و رزماری و چند گیاه اندکی مرکباتی و بوی خوب زنجبیل رایحه ای خاص را به وجود اورده.تقریبا خطی است وبیش از هر چیز به تازگی و بوی ان پی میبرید.عطر خوبی است به داشتنش هم میارزه ماندگاریش هم خوب هست.ماندگاری9/10 پخش بو7.5/10 متفاوت بودن8/10 ارزش خرید 8/10

Ecko_rx

updating from when i first reviewed this on my 1st spray about a month or so ago and i said that after 10minutes on my hand i am "diggin this", so fast forward to the present moment, the conclusion is this: can't stand this fragrance me, it is too harsh. Do not blind buy, take a smell first. I can understand why some people may like this. 1 spray on my shirt and it was projecting like a beast (i mean that in a good way projection wise). This is not the most horrible smelling cologne but i tried and tried to like it coz it was quite expensive for $39 even at a discounted price, and i kept giving it plenty of chances, alas, jist decided to use it as a bathroom spray LoL! it does its job in that case or scenario :-)

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

hermozo aroma, huele a hierbas mescladas oscuras muy bosque fresco, tiene un ambiente elegante unico, muy varonil y fresco casi me cuesta expresar lo bien y distingido q huele, este perfume es importante da esa sensación de cache unico, algunos dicen q tiene una onda fahrenheit pues yo no creo son muy distintos los dos.

vitilsky
vitilsky

It's amazing, but has a femenine feel. If a girl would wear this, I would (pun intended). No seriously, I wouldn't wear this, even though it's such a nice scent.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I sampled L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme the other day. This cologne evokes a very mystical allure. The top note of Rosemary blending with the aroma of Cypress comes through giving it a very green/woodsy base. The mid note of Sandalwood mixed with Pink pepper gives it a very sexy appeal. This frag also has a unique herbal aroma which brings it together as a complete men's cologne
The next day I went out and bought a 125ml bottle, I have used it during the day and I've had co-worker's compliment me telling me how they enjoyed the aroma of the fragrance.
I really enjoy using this cologne, it is without a doubt it is a very masculine fragrance.
Issey Miyake has created several men's cologne that I consider classy.
In my option L'Eau Bleue d'Issey is a MASTERPIECE.
Longevity is well over 10hr's and Sillage is excellent. This cologne projects more then 3 feet away without it being over whelming.
I have made this one of several signature colognes in my collection.
This cologne is a MUST HAVE men's fragrance, you won't be disappointed.

esteban747
esteban747

This fragrance is intriguing. I remember when the original L'Eau D'Issey was released, it was exceptional, truly different, like something from another planet.
L'Eau Bleu is a different kind of fragrance, almost like a quiet, shy, soft version of the original.
I prefer L'Eau Bleu because of the soft green notes of Cypress and rosemary, just that combination is enough for me!
Also, this smells more natural than L'Eau D'Issey and 100 times better than most summer editions.

Kain
Kain

First of all, if you like the original "L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme" and you think this one is a flanker for that with slight changes, you're completely wrong!
It doesn't smell like the original at all! it's something completely different!
The opening is a very bitter, green and at the same time fresh citrusy smell mixed with strong ginger note which give this fresh and bitter herbal smell a peppery aroma.
It's very strong and may shock you at first sniff.
There is no sign of sweetness and floral notes like the original.
It's a fresh herbal and green smell but also brutal and naughty!
In the dry down, still you have that bitter herbal smell. the peppery ginger note faded away and gave his space to slight sweetness,rosemary and very bright woodsy note in the background. I can also smell very light violet note too but it's not in the notes!
In the base you have the dry down smell plus more sweetness and more rosemary note and now that bitter herbal smell is completely in the background!
Good for you if you don't like that smell!!!
It's a very good smell and I like it, but not everybody can stand that brutal note in the opening, so definitely it's not a safe blind buy!
Both projection and longevity is good.
يه عطر با بوي خنك، تلخ و البته خيلي خوشبو كه شخصا خيلي خوشم اومد اما از چند نفر سوال كردم بازخورد زياد خوبي نداشت
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي شاداب و مركباتي ليمو هست كه يه رايحه سبز و گياهي و البته تلخ باهاش تركيب شده و وقتي بوي تند و تقريبا فلفلي زنجبيل رو هم باهاش تركيب ميكني، يه بوي تلخ و مركباتي و تند خاص ميشه كه خيلي منحصر بفرد و خوشبو هست اما همونطور كه گفتم اين تلخي خاص باب مزاج هر كسي ممكنه نباشه
در ادامه بوي تند و فلفلي زنجبيل تقريبا از بين ميره ولي اون بوي تلخ و سبز و گياهي همچنان وجود داره و شما حالا ميتونين كمي رايحه هاي شيرين و كمي هم گل رزماري رو حس كنين كه البته ضعيف هستن و زياد جايي براي خودنمايي ندارن
در رايحه پايه اون بوي تلخ و گياهي خيلي ضعيف ميشه و بوي رزماري و رايحه شيرين قويتر
پخش بو و ماندگاري خوبي داره
حتما تست كنين بعد بخرين

It doesn't smell like the original at all! it's something completely different!
It's very strong and may shock you at first sniff.
There is no sign of sweetness and floral notes like the original.
It's a fresh herbal and green smell but also brutal and naughty!
Good for you if you don't like that smell!!!
Both projection and longevity is good.
پخش بو و ماندگاري خوبي داره
حتما تست كنين بعد بخرين

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

I seen an open box of this in marshals so I snuck out the bottle and sprayed it on my hand. BOY was I sorry that I did that! There's something in this composition that literally made my stomach turn. I waited about 20 minutes ( and that was pushing it ) before I had to scrub this STUFF off my poor Lil hand, and it was STILL there! Great longjevity I'll give'em that.
I figure if I'm not diggin the first 20-30 min of a frag what's the point, I wanna love all of it! None of this ohhhhh wait an hour your gonna love the stuff.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

L'eau Bleue in his opening scares, is quite strong with notes of rosemary, lime and orange, then quickly mixes with the body when it enters a freshness while spicy with ginger which is well noticed.
A little pepper and powerful which enhances the freshness, with lavender.
The dense, watery cypress appears remarkably
In the background is the part that gets better, enters sandalwood and cedar, is a woody (predominantly) non-aromatic shot of my collection.

Ecko_rx

Just bought this right now amd the very 1st spray on the back of my hand, i thought wheew! That's strong!!! But man, 10minutes later i am digging and Loving it! i can tell right now that the projection is gonna be quite strong which is what im looking for in a fragrance.

ranking joe
ranking joe

I LOVE THIS PERFUME ITS LOOKS LIKE POLO BLUE BUT STRONGER THAN POLO BLUE

flkirkland
flkirkland

One of my favorites. Bought this while in Italy several years ago and it always takes me back. Very masculine. Rosemary, mandarin, pepper, lavender, wood. A unique smell that I always get compliments on!

fuggerone
fuggerone

hugely sexy, winned me compliments from ladies, used several bottles years ago... and today bought another couple of ones because I think it has been discontinued!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Beautiful, fresh,woody, after it settles smells unisex-soft and powdery.

jose.m.perez

I just bough my second bottle of this gem at Marshalls (35$)!!!!
I just can't express how great this is. Herbal, woody, fresh, very masculine and unique. Projects like crazy and the longevity is 8 to 10 hours. This is simply a great buy again. You get notice whit L'eau Bleue.
5 out of 5.

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

I blind purchased this from TJ Maxx a couple months ago, and I initially didn't like this scent. I thought this scent had a menthol vibe with the opening that smelled like Vicks vapor rub (lol). However after wearing this a few more times, I've grown to really enjoy this offering from Issey Miyake. This cologne has a very unique scent. The menthol vibe I was getting was actually the rosemary note, which is found in the opening. Funny thing is, I really like the rosemary opening now. I guess I've grown accustomed to it. Once this cologne starts to dry down, L'Eau Bleu d'Issey really starts to shine. The dry down reminds me of being in a forrest after a spring rain shower. I will pull this bottle out during the spring season. The longevity and sillage is excellent. I get a strong 8 hrs out of this one. Overall, this is a very unique fragrance.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I just got this yesterday. So far, I am contemplating liking it or hating it. It's one of those scents that should definitely not be bought blind, although I can see myself growing to like it. It starts off almost nauseating to me. It has a distinct smell of Barn, like horse hay and dirt to me. I'm guessing that's the rosemary but I've never smelled rosemary this intensive before. After about 30 minutes it settles down a bit and becomes better mixed. It has a fresh, herbal, clean yet dirty vibe that is extremely masculine. The projection is very loud at first so be careful on the amount you put on. The longevity is also good. I prefer the original Miyake which I hated for a long time but not anymore so hopefully I can grow to appreciate this fragrance a bit more. Not for everyone but test before you buy and DO NOT judge it on it's opening scent.

Alqusaimi
Alqusaimi

عطر رجولي رائع تشم في ثناياه روائح الاشجار والطبيعة، ورغم ان سعره قليل الا اني افضله على كثير من العطور المميزة. عموما، من وجهة نظري ارى ان هذا العطر قد اختزل الرائحة الرجولية الحقة في زجاجة

kamiseta24
kamiseta24

Sexiest smell ever! Love love love this to bits! A male co worker had worn this one day and it really projected like hell, it left trails everywhere he walked. Yummy...
the smell is soo good, sexy and intriguing!

jose.m.perez

This one is just amazing!!! Long lasting and strong. Very woody and herbal. Perfecto!! I hope they did not discontinued this fragrance cause I want a second bottle.
5 out of 5.

تازگی
دوسش دارم چون که بوش شبیه عشقم
Essenza di Zegna

Marcos Oliveira

uma da melhores fragancias já criadas...especiarias com um toque refrescante meio vere,hora meio aromatico...DESLUMBRANTE !!! tenho até pena de usar o meu...projeta super bem e fixa maravilhosamente,aroma sem igual...muito exclusivo com uma base dos perfumes ISSEY. perfume exotico,porém agradavel.

*aroma/fragancia : 9,5/10
*projeção/silagem : 9/10
*fixação/longevidade : 9/10
*versatilidade/uso : 8,5/10 (não usar sob muito calor)
*geral : 9/10

arabianscent
arabianscent

Is this really discontinued or just rumours ???

flames2
flames2

what a great aromatic fragrance with strenth and staying power deff in my top 10 fragrance

Marcos Oliveira

viciante L'eau Bleue dissey...exotico,sexy e versatil.o rastro deixado por L'eau Bleue è magnifico,cheiro verde molhado misturado com um frescor aquatico...a saída é forte e complexo,apos alguns minutos ele seca pra baixo e se torna maravilhoso,projeta bem e fixa super bem,está se tornando minha fragancia assinatura,vale usar no calor e em dias amenos,mas nunca no frio,qualquer situação e traje. PERFEITOOOO !!!!

alowyshir
alowyshir

ommm what can say ... the most amizin men herbel perfume ever made in the

davna
davna

This is my favorite scents for years, and sadly it has discontinued. But I find a simillar taste in Air Val Int NBA Boston Celtic (Green Bottle). It's a cheap EDT but can replace my longing to L'Eau Bleue, at least.

dromidreza
dromidreza

بوی بسیار عالی داره.برای مردان شیک و جنتلمن.باید حتما بو کنین.

I think of this as the "cold" version of Horizon. If Horizon is Montauk Point on a mid autumn day, this one is the same place on the coldest day of winter. A great fragrance if this is the kind of experience you are seeking, though I prefer the softer Horizon.

sufix
sufix

WoOoW
What a nice scent
Something between dark and fresh with a little spicy
for special occasions

excellent

sillage 10/10
longevity 10/10, +6 hours

meshary007
meshary007

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey ... for Fahrenheit lovers

This one is a bit odd in the opening some of casual people say vicks menthol rub. to me it's not all that it has hint of it in the opening only .

The heart. and now it starts to fight back it has sweet Fahrenheit Mandarin Orange with a herbal twist and elegant Pink Pepper witch make it sweet smoky like Fahrenheit idea .

scent 9.1/10

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey ... Surprise Them

andy
andy

it is a unique kind of aquatic that is different from eau de issey and its a very fresh blue fragrance with good lasting power and nice spices, woods and animalic notes to tie it together and great quality

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Very fresh, elegant, good sillage and has average longevity. The smell of rosemary is evident. I think this is a different smell, not common. This perfume will substitute my Versace pour Homme. Their smell are not similar, but both are fresh and elegant and can be used at night or day. Women notice this fragrance and most of them praise this smell.

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

Love this one, bought 2 bottles , not any drop in them. This fragance works almost balsamic on me, allways perfect and uplifting. I can t find it now. Perfect for any woman who loves citrus oriental original, not so femenine obvious scents. Adorable!

tomerits
tomerits

a very unique woody scent,works well all seassons, for a very brave mans.i love it.another masterpiece from issey miyake and from jacques cavaliier.
my rank,
4.5/5.

Nik604

Once again - it's just an alien, as somebody described it the drydown is out of this world. I wear this perfume from october till february, and 90% at colder nights. Only in this part of the year I can reach the whole mistery and blue darkness from this magic juice.I can't achieve such astonishing results in the spring/summer nights. Skin tricks perhaps -))...

fergali
fergali

Very nice fragrance for spring and summer.It opens medicinal and herbal way and it takes long time for middle and base notes to come out that's why you have to be patient to appreciate this fragrance.Different from the rest of the spring summer fragrances.Sad that it is discontinued.

Heverton
Heverton

This particular fragrance opens up with citrus notes wheres the acid aspect is followed by peppery notes without leaving aside the typical ginger aroma (which sadly disappears very quickly).

Not a very good opening at all, but after about 30 minutes, the drydown appears giving to this fragrance a green/herbal chord way much better than the opening.

If you're looking into this fragrance just because you love the original, be careful since they do not have almost nothing in common!

GreenMan
GreenMan

I bought a 125 ml bottle of this juice and I´m not disappointed! Very good longevity, at least 8 hours. To me, grapefruit (not listed) and patchouli are the dominant notes in this fragrance.

Endymion
Endymion

@nattonline
Don't worry, it's not your fault. You know, everbody has different sensation so a scent that others find amazing can be terrible for you. It's not because that your smell is wrong but you smell different :)

I actually got 2 bottles of this fragrances because 2 of my friends received it as a present but they both find it the most "grandpa" fragrance ever so they gave it to me :)

I don't find this scent "amazing" either, it's just interesting for me but not something I really like to wear.

So, relax! There are so many fragrances you may find capturing :)

Everybody seems to get a wonderful scent from this but ,to me, all I really get from this is something very green and herbal, especially patchouli, cypress, sandalwood, and oakmoss. No fruit at all but it has some sweet spot. It may evolve into something better but I can't stand having this on for more than 30 minutes. I may have a bad sample, who knows. :(

@Endymion, you're right!

fngarcez
fngarcez

To remember. Excellent is the least i can say about this fragrance

kaler13
kaler13

so unique.. love it ;)

snails
snails

love it!

shark
shark

este é um dos preferidos em minha lista!!começa fresco, quase gelado,se mantém com um leve toque adocidado e termina com bosque sutil!!bem diferente e original!!e aqui no brasil é bem exclusivo!!amo isso!!!

costaleo
costaleo

This is a very interesting scent. It's unique and versatile. I can wear it in the morning or for an evening out. It's woody and has a slightly sweet touch to it (at least on my skin). The dry down is out of this world, with a hint of patchouli and cedar. Even though it's a very complex smell, it feels quite simple due to the fact that it's really well blended.

diablochancho
diablochancho

probé este y realmente me impresionó...es un perfume nicho como dijo alguien por ahí ....me tendí en mi cama y al otro día seguía sintiendo el aroma en mi habitación pues la almohada había quedado impregnada con esta fragancia.totalmente recomendable.

lqmmanh
lqmmanh

agree with aquila_2009. It take a long time till the base notes and wouldbe slightly long last. Very good scent for spring. Try it.

periquito89
periquito89

I agree because it also doesn't look medicinal to my nose. Just a bit strong and kinda sharp herbal smell, with good sillage. This aspect may be a plus to call good attention around (and your own) but is a bit too loud compare to what I like to wear. Very good impression on first snif, but not anymore. I´m still not a fan of Issey.

BIG
BIG

Once you spray the fragrance you get a cloud of aromatic herbs, rosemary domineering and i wish this beautiful smell never ended, but it all settles down to a woody soft base with hints of the top notes showing up here and there.
P.S.: There's nothing medicinal about this frag.

scentualMan
scentualMan

This is an exceptional fragrance! Unique, potent, fresh, enveloping, enticing...All that and more. The first time you smell it you may think this is way too herbal and aromatic, but give it time to settle and you'll be rewarded. The scent has a very natural feel to it. You feel surrounded by fresh woods, bamboo, ferns, a nearby sea, and something mineral or earthy. Wow...Soo complex yet so clear and smooth.

Two pieces of advice: 1) test on skin (the strip doesn't do it justice); 2) give it at least 5 mins before making a decision. 10/10

barisaksu06
barisaksu06

it is a unique perfume. it is different, permanent, sexy and special. When I use it I feel great. 10/10

kerrso99
kerrso99

Love this one, so does the wife, smells nothing like the original,more softer and lighter, very subtle but lasts an age

Alternate notes list:
TOP-mandarin,rosemary,citronella,badian,
orangewood,elemi
HEART-may rose,nasturtium,palmarosa,
ginger,pepper,cypress
BASE-mosses,patchouli,sandal,ambrette

This to me sounds like such a wonderful scent, yet I cannot find it anywhere but on-line. Has this been discontinued already? This sounds like a fresh, natural scent that is not too aquatic and I would love to find it...

Legionaire
Legionaire

Just buy it, do not think, just buy it!
Make you're self a favor and buy it, it's like paying for sex...if you know what I mean!;)

vadim
vadim

I tested this fragrance in the last winter. IN my opinion it smells better when it's cold because I bought it this summer and I think when it's cold it smell a little bit different. Anyway , this is a great perfume, especially for winter, it smells like a conifers forest for me and that makes it probably so special. It lasts forever especially on clothes :)

guest_shah79
guest_shah79

the best perfume i ever had from my collection..i just bought yesterday another bottle from my first bottle back 2005.Really love the smells..really suits me and still the best for me..Im using it for everyday use and people will noticed me by the smells.. :)

M.David
M.David

I am delighted, this scent is very original. Its application is a bit strong but once past the skin 10-15 minutes evolves into a gentle but intense aroma at a time, not how to explain the background notes ... I love and its projection and above average longevity. 7.5/10 for me

Kenzoboy
Kenzoboy

This scent is too strong and mature for my taste. I can't stand the scent of this perfume and it gives me headache. I received a bottle of this perfume as a gift and I just gave it away.

guest_lincegsxr
guest_lincegsxr

es un olor que no puedo describir....huele como a sacristia de iglesia.... como a sandalo.

Si bien es cierto que tiene componentes citricos estos se enmascaran con LAVANDA.... pero una lavanda nada fresca si no muy ruda, muy salvaje.

Sin lugar a dudas me quedo con:
L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche y con
L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense ..........

Archaic
Archaic

On my body, upon spraying, i can detect the citrus top notes for the first 10 seconds. Afterthat, it turns to a dry chrysanthemum flower scent which reminds me of the chrysanthemum drinks (boiled dried chrysanthemum flowers). Basenotes were typical ambery scent.

Feels airy and young despite the dark heavy woody characteristic. Some might associate it with some gone-bad-chemical-reeks perfume.

2 thumbs up for this manly cologne. Very long lasting. Sillage is average. FYI im wearing this in a hot humid climate. Smells fantastic.

acc
acc

You can expect a very unique, light, high quality and long lasting fragrance if it is from Issey Miyake.

This is no exception. It has fruits, woods, flowers and musk that form a very complex but light smell.

If you find the extreme clashes of notes in the first Issey Miyake too complex then this might be a better option for you. This is not a vertical scent either but has much less clashes between notes. The aromatic, flowery and woody notes are harmonious and are tamed brilliantly with musk.

This is a very long lasting, aromatic and woody (and slightly fruity and musky),fresh, charismatic and unique scent. A very great candidate to be your signature.

black bacarra
black bacarra

It does not work on most body chemistries but when you find someone it is compatible with... WOW! My brother just found his signature scent.

Herzeleid
Herzeleid

I love this perfume, I wear it for special occasions every body notice you are there when wearing it.

EMOYEA
EMOYEA

I really like this Scent. It's Not Just a darker version of the original Issey. It's different, very unique. & YES, It has lasting Power. One of My Favorites of 2007

knightz
knightz

Because I like L'eau d'Issey and L'eau d'Issey Intense a lot, I bought this blind. My first thoughts were that it is very fresh, but there was something strangely familiar about it. After a few minutes it came to me, it's a bit like Chrome. It's not so much that it smells like Chrome, but that it passes through a phase where it smells similar to Chrome for a while, without as much cedar (the woods come through later), as it goes from the opening to the heart.

There are some floral notes in the middle that come and go, sort of drifting in and out. L'eau Bleue has changes going on throughout it's duration. The dry down is Sandalwood/Cedar and very light Patchouli with remnants of the heart still lingering. I would wear this one for work, casual, weekends, etc.

It's projection is fairly strong for the first hour or two, then average after that. Overall longevity is average to good. Very clean and fresh throughout. I like it.

Nik604

Very strong and mystical.Very long-lasting.Unique odour!
Here is my list of the ingredients - Rosemary, Mandarin Orange Wood, Badian, Citronella, May Rose, Elemi, Nasturtium, Ginger, Palmarosa, Mosses,Juniper, Pepper, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Ambrette

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake 4.11 out of 5 based on 464 ratings and 100 user reviews

FragranceShop.com
L'eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz
Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 75ml 2.5oz
L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme Cologne by Issey Miyake, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY POUR HOMME for MEN by Issey Miyake EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY POUR HOMME for MEN by Issey Miyake EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Perfume.com
L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme Cologne by Issey Miyake - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY POUR HOMME for MEN by Issey Miyake EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
L'EAU BLEUE D'ISSEY POUR HOMME for MEN by Issey Miyake EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme Cologne by Issey Miyake, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Perfume.com
L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme Cologne by Issey Miyake - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Cologne 2.5oz
L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme Cologne by Issey Miyake, 2.5 oz Eau De Fraiche Toilette Spray for Men
Cologne 2.5oz
L'eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme Cologne by Issey Miyake - 2.5 oz Eau De Fraiche Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.