Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Issey Miyake for women
dislike

honey
tuberose
L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Issey Miyake for women Pictures L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Issey Miyake for women Pictures

The original fragrance from Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey from 1992 already got two absolute editions: Noir from 2010 and Gold from 2011. New L'Eau d'Issey Absolue launches in January 2013 as a limited edition for that year.

The scent is inspired by ambery light cast by the sun at its sunset and jasmine flowers that bloom at night. The composition is bright and intense, blending floral notes of freesia and lotus with the heart of night blooming jasmine ("Queen of the Night"), honey from Provence and sensual tuberose. The base notes include Bourbon vanilla and precious woods. It was created by perfumer Olivier Cresp.

The fragrance is available as 25, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum.

Lotus Freesia

Tuberose Honey Night blooming Cereus

Woody Notes Bourbon Vanilla

L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Fragrance Reviews

Issey Miyake as brand has never really grabbed my attention until now. L'eau d'Issey Absolue is divine and is probably the least aquatic scent from this brand, (which works perfectly for me).

This fragrance is an elegant and feminine honeyed floral. I can't seem to detect any accord in this flanker that ties it to the original L'eau d'Issey. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the original fragrance, but seeing that I don't usually wear floral aquatics it was never something I felt compelled to own. L'eau d'Issey Absolue on the other hand is definitely something I could wear with pride.

Creamy tuberose and sugary honey are the most dominant notes on my skin, followed by a subtle hint of watery lotus to freshen the composition. This fragrance is to me a classy evening scent for Summer. Wear the original when on the beach in a bikini and wear this flanker with your diamonds on an evening out.

I understand that some are disappointed in this fragrance, especially seeing that the name 'absolue' suggests that this flanker is a more concentrated version of the original. It would have been wiser to release this fragrance under a new name, unrelated to its popular aquatic predecessor. I will agree that the name is rather misleading.

I'm bitterly disappointed that L'eau d'Issey Absolue is a limited edition. I would have loved to have seen this fragrance become a regularly produced fragrance for this brand. My advice is to grab the remaining bottles while you still can.

promaya
promaya

Issey Miyake is my 2nd favourite fragrance (well, it could be the 1st just as well but Eternity is my signature fragrance) and, to my great surprise, I have fallen in love with every single special edition of this perfume. They are all GORGEOUS!
The first and most important thing about the new editions of Issey Miyake is that the original base was preserved in all of them- you are really wearing your favourite perfume, be it the original, floral, lotus or absolute version only each time, it's a new feeling. I could almost wear them depending on how I feel.
The 2nd great thing about them is that the fragrance really echoes the name in each case.
ABsolute is, indeed, the richer, more mysterious and more serious version of the original. When I say "serious", I mean it in the most positive way. It's a grown up Issey Miyake that can still be worn by a very young woman.
And, when they say- honey, they mean honey! It really is Issey Miyake with honey (no lemon :D ). A similar scent can be found in Sunflowers by E.Arden.
It's not too sweet 'tho which, IMHO, is really important because an average fan of the original would hardly appreciate a very sweet perfume.
I don't think I can detect vanilla either but it is certainly somewhere in there, well blended into this orgasmic bouquet of flowers, honey and fresh water.

All in all a real jewel and, most importantly, still an Issey Miyake. Worth the price. Worth sparing money.

mell
mell

I am fond of the Issey Miyaki aquatics I have several flankers but this one is my favourite. It still gives a subtle nod to the original with a slight aquatic undertone from the magnolia but this one is softer more gentle. It has a powdery quality more floral and of course the obvious honey note.I also love white florals but live in a very hot climate so find my usual suspects to heavy . This is the perfect blend for me . The magnolia manages to lift it to a slightly fresher plane so I am able to continue to wear this in the warmer weather it never becomes cloying or overwhelming but it has some depth and warmth to it so it is a change from the normal clean bright fresh citruses and aquatics normally worn in the heat of summer. It is easy to wear has good longevity and enough projection that I can continue smell wafts of fragrance throughout the day. I find this to be a great all round scent but it is a bit pricey for everyday use. You can wear it to work or you can wear it out I have even worn it to the beach . If you like aquatics and you like white florals I highly recommend giving it a try .

Roslaug
Roslaug

L'eau d'Issey Absolue is what I'd describe as the big and sophisticated sister of the original. It truly is a golden scent. In the opening, the reminiscence of the original is well noted, but a bit more rounded as opposed to the sharpness of the original.

That is where the comparison between the two sort of ends. The heart blossoms with sweet honey as the most noticable note and fades away with woodsy notes after about 2-3 hours. I find the lasting power to be a disappointment.

It is a beautiful scent but probably won't appeal to the general masses. I'd recommend for ages 30 and up for daywear.

It's not my favourite flanker in the L'eau d'Issey line (Eau florale is my absolute favourite) and I won't be buying a bottle but it was an interresting testing session and I encourage all you amateur perfumistas to take a whiff, just for the fun of it!

joan100
joan100

This smells like a hybrid of the original L'Eau d'Issey and Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers to me. Very early 90s!

polkadotcat
polkadotcat

For me it is the same Issey but much more concentrated, more floral and with some honey vanilla notes. A bit sharp but still in a very delicate way.

Nicole<3
Nicole<3

Nice floral ..........

Speirune
Speirune

This is a sweet fragrance with honey and jasmine (although it is not listed, this is a jasmine-intense scent). I'm sorry to say that it is nothing uncommon or rare. May even be a bit generic. However it is very strong, and has good sillage in the first few hours. It is still there on my coat where the salesman sprayed it after 2 days, but of course you have to get your nose very close to the fabric to detect it.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Where L'eau d'Issey is a rather abstract interpretation of a cool Japanse garden with blooming lotus flowers, Absolue is a real flower. A jasmine flower. Or rather: a whole jasmine bush. A little green, a little wet, and bursting with honey.
The honey note is very realistic and tends to overpower the floral notes sometimes, but the flowers still manage to bring some freshness to the fragrance.
L'eau d'Issey's signature aquatic notes are still here, but slightly subdued. Somehow, they work magic with the honey, making sure Absolue is never too dense, never too cloying.
In the base, the honey becomes even stronger and I get a very realistic, animalic, almost sour honey note on my skin, mixed with just a hint of soft, velvety vanilla.
But in the end, Absolue is just very much a gorgeous realistic white floral.
It's a scent for lush summer nights, the air heavy with fragrance. The kind of nights that barely bring any relieve from the heat of the day.
Or maybe just for a memory of such nights.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Very nice. I definitely get a soft but warm honey scent, though it feels fresh when first applied. And it actually lasts a while, just a shame it's so faint. I like my perfumes to have some projection.

Edit: I tried this on yesterday and sprayed a bit more liberally, and the sillage wasn't as weak as I originally though. The longevity wasn't bad either. I sprayed it early in the morning and could feel it all day long, though it became faint sometime mid-afternoon. I should also add that it is a warm and sweet honey scent, but also a bit dry. I miss feeling other notes to give it more complexity, which is why I wouldn't purchase this, but I still give it my stamp of approval.

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

I like the original L'eau d'Issey very much and this is even better! I love the honey and vanilla tones, which make this edition warmer an elegant, yet not too heavy. Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long on my skin...

VanilllaPrincess
VanilllaPrincess

I fell in love with this fragrance the moment I smelt it. It is very sophisticated and womanly. It's the type of fragrance you would wear on your wedding day. It makes me feel beautiful when I wear it.

jovejove
jovejove

It's not a limited edition. Initially it was, but no more. It's catalog.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

در نام این محصول همانطور که متوجه میشویم مطلقا نمی توانیم از زیبائی و رایحه این محصول نمیتوان گذشت برای بوئیدن این خانم زیبا و دل فریب باید چنان از او فاصله گرفت که گرفتار جادوی آن نشویم و خاطرات آغواکننده را برای زمانی خاص انتخاب کرد تا این باغ گل را برای زنبورانی که عسل خود را در مسیر ما گسترده است تا شیرینی این خاطره جذاب را فراموش نکنیم.

Germany
Germany

Love the honey tuberose and vanilla combo. Really rich and warm. The top notes slightly remind me of the original EDP which is a good thing but not a love for me. This new version is way creamier and sweeter. It's sort of like Jadore mixed with Flash.
It's a sweet white floral!

Well new review as I bought a 10 ml, still unsure I would go for a big bottle, this is a rich scent, at first it reminds me of J' Adore, it has that golden floral touch, for me the best part is the drydown, smooth, creamy, a bit sweet, lovely...the top notes are a bit strong, and remind me a tiny bit of Eau d' Issey which I totally hate!!
The tuberose is subtle, I can't really detect too much honey either , but being a fan of white florals, I thought I might like this, and the bottle is golden like the impression the scent gives .
All in all, interesting, but not a love for me.

kingdomforaperfume
kingdomforaperfume

Elegant, sophisticated... modern, definitely a work scent, but a gallery owner work scent.

millie1980
millie1980

This is like two perfumes in one...the top notes have little relation to the drydown. It begins very fresh, similar to the original l'eau d'issey, then transforms into a subtle, warm honeyed base note. It's confusing - an ozonic gourmand? I like both stages of the fragrance, just not sure if I want them one after the other...

rran
rran

Lovely.. Have to wear this everyday..
Any other ones similar to this ?? As this seems to be a limited edition..

amanda
amanda

Ive been thinking since it arrived in the stores what it reminded me of. Now I get it: autobronzant creme. But actually I love the smell, not very perfumelike though...

akats
akats

You're absolutely right about Lys soleia! They have the same sweet creamy sunny effect although light and summer feeling fragrances. I love Lys soleia and I love issey absolue also. It may not be a wow! perfume, but it's very wearable and sensual together.

sofiebgoode
sofiebgoode

This is unexpected: It reminds me of Guerlain Acqua Allegoria Lys Soleia, which I love for summer. It has very similar sunny floral notes. It might be the tuberose that smells a bit like the lily in Lys Soleia. Eau d' Issey Absolue fades to a slightly generic summer fragrance though, and the freesia dominates the composition in its later stages. Quite nice, but forgettable.

crisjoy
crisjoy

Tried this yesterday at the mall. Wow! I've been looking for some time for a new signature fragrance. It has to be floral and elegant but also it has to have something sassy. Not too light not too overwhelming. Speak out loud but in a warm manner. Create a warm feeling, a beautiful state of mind. For now Miracle by lancome has done that for me. But then I had to keep looking again. Summer by Kenzo has brought delicacy and sensuality in my heart, made me feel sexy and inlove.
And yesterday I smelled a flavour that combined those two. I've been looking like crazy for a floral to really love,and this is it- pure and strong at the same time. With a hint of sensuous and romantic, blended together in clean and classic :) It really exceeded my expectations. Made me have that summery feeling in my heart, told me a story about happy love.
Not sure about the staying power, I want it so much though. Too bad its a limited edition...

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I found this version very bitter and sharp. The SA said that it was Lilac... I haven't tried it on my skin, but on paper strip I didn't recognize anything from the original, it was like testing an entirely different perfume.

jennifer-auugustin
jennifer-auugustin

this edition of l'eau d'issey has suprised me... it starts very sharp... althought i can imell white flowers... its almost bitter.... then wen its settles down on my skin..it becomes so beautiful... its turns powdery n a lil bit sweet.... this was a nice suprise...im glad i bought it....

Jvs3005
Jvs3005

A "zen" scent. Definately suitable for work allthough pricey.

I've been wearing it for an hour now and it reminds me of Poême so much. And fortunately I adore Poême, I consider it one of the best scent ever made. This feels to me like a summer version of Poême :-). Lovely, delicate, sweet, "thinner" than poême. I guess it's the honey. Like Taliera said, a fresh plucked flower, which scent lingers through the room. A true comfort scent.

I get jasmin, honey and tuberose, perfectly blended to my nose. Not too sour, not too air-freshner, not too sweet. Glad I bought this one. I can't imagine you could offend someone while wearing this. It's definately noticeable but I would be amazed if anyone could truely dislike this fragrance. It might not be everyone's favourite, but even if someone doesn't like florals, he/she would be able to tolerate it on someone else. On the other hand, the fact that it's easily appreciated could make it quite boring for some of us.

I imagine a confident, youthful, optimistic woman wearing this and feeling extremely "zen". A ladylike woman walking through life with a smile. In my opinion not a fragrance for teens. Perfect floral spring-summer scent for age 20 and up. I don't know what the jasmin will bring with hotter weather though. It could possibly get a bit cloying.

If you want superspicy & superloud, don't try this one.

HUEbris
HUEbris

White flower's swords almost killing me...
It's very similar to L'eau D'issey Gold absolute...
Atctually, I feel similarity all every limited edition of L'eau D'isseyes.

Taliera
Taliera

Oh, I could be draped in this. Olivier Cresp has made another masterpiece! This is beautiful and perfectly balanced. It has honey and vanilla in it, but is the quintessential white floral. Immediately I noticed similarities with J'Adore, but Absolue is more delicate. And when I brought it home, to my disappointment it smelt just like something else in my collection: Marc Jacobs signature. However, I have decided not to take it back because it is sufficiently different, in the sense that Marc Jacobs is more "watery". Absolue is also watery (due to the lotus) but not as much as Marc Jacobs. Absolue is really pure, and because of the purity it smells a lot like gardenia. The note is actually tuberose - but I often mistake tuberose for gardenia (or vice versa). It also reminds me of daphne (does anyone else know this flower? I don't think it has ever been represented in perfumery). What is so exceptional about this fragrance is that it really smells like a flower. Like a REAL freshly picked one - not the essential oil version. IMO, nothing smells as beautiful as a real flower, as the scent is unmatchable, but this comes pretty close. Overall, I would describe it as soft, pure, silky and golden. Definitely for floral lovers. But I think it will most appeal to white floral lovers.

Luxury Gal
Luxury Gal

I love Issey Miyake and the notes of this fragrances smells good. I can't wait to try it myself!

Missinsolence
Missinsolence

I love it as it is a keeper to me

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I love all the notes! I can't wait to try it!

Londonchick
Londonchick

Sounds Devine, I just hope it's light on the tuberose otherwise forget it.

L'Eau D'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake 3.88 out of 5 based on 177 ratings and 32 user reviews

Beauty Encounter
L'eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake for Women
L'eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake for Women
Eau De Parfum 3oz
L'eau D'issey Absolue Perfume by Issey Miyake, 3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Gift Set 1.6oz
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Shower Gel 30ml 1oz 3pcs
L'EAU D'ISSEY ABSOLUE for WOMEN by Issey Miyake EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.6 OZ LIMITED EDITION
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Eau De Parfum Spray 25ml 0.84oz
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Eau De Parfum Spray 25ml 0.84oz
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Eau De Parfum 3oz
L'EAU D'ISSEY ABSOLUE for WOMEN by Issey Miyake EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3 OZ LIMITED EDITION
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Absolue Eau De Parfum Spray 90ml 3oz
Issey Miyake 'L'Eau d'Issey Absolue' Eau de Parfum Limited Edition
NORDSTROM.com
Issey Miyake 'L'Eau d'Issey Absolue' Eau de Parfum Limited Edition 3 oz
Issey Miyake 'L'Eau d'Issey Absolue' Eau de Parfum Limited Edition 3 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Absolue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Absolue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau D'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau D'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.