Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois Issey Miyake for women

L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois Issey Miyake for women
dislike

L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois Issey Miyake for women Pictures L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois Issey Miyake for women Pictures

Issey Miyake and BPI present L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois and L’Eau d’Issey pour Homme Edition Bois in limited editions which arrive on the market in March 2010.

L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois was presented in a pink-grey wooden flacon with a metallic stopper. Its composition is a creation by Jacques Cavallier, who built it around rose, mimose absolute, freesia, cedar and amber. The perfume is available as 75ml EDT.

The flacons were created of beech wood with accentuated ridges similar to driftwood, polished and skillfully coloured.

Virginia Cedar Amber Freesia tincture of rose Mimosa

L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois Fragrance Reviews

vv1978
vv1978

Was lucky enough to find one Issey Miyake fragrance that smelled from the bottle to my skin the same, it's fairly clean and strong reminds me so much of Muguet de Bois by coty, which was quite popular in the 70's when Babe by Faberge was still around and all the original Love's fragrances were going strong, Houbigant was a big at the time as well. I like this 1 spray is enough on a hot day it has crisp notes that may be overwhelming in a small space. I have to say I love Issey Miyake Lea'u D'Issey on everyone and really wished it worked with my chemistry but it does not, love all of these designer perfumes on others.

dews
dews

It's floral and musky, perfect for day time wear and it lasts me the whole day. Love it!

chaosvirtu
chaosvirtu

I was very interested to try more fragrances by Jacques Cavallier. I do like it, but it's not special (for me). When I first sprayed, there was almost no scent but, over the next hour the strength grew, and grew (I have not run into this before). Now two hours later it, the spray on my arm is scenting the air around me. I bought this without having smelled it before, it's nice but...familiar. To me, or on me, this smells remarkably similar to OM by Gap from the 90's. For me this is a nice fresh woodsy spice, with no sweetness -Just the thing I love to wear in summer.

wind83
wind83

this is better that a scent.. floral fragrance.
love it.

just 4-5hours in my skin, for daily use.

6.7/10

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

My sister tried this on at the mall and it just smelled awful on her. Would recommend you try first because this has masculine and kind of weird synthetic smell to it. This will work better on a man!

ginnycat
ginnycat

Wonderful scent and totally different from the original.
Not as woody as I expected, but still an awesome combination of wood and flowers, especially the freesia.
Not special enough to create that "WOW"-feeling, but a safe and warm (not aquatic on me!) floral scent in a unique style that differs from the average.

Well I'll admit I had been dragged into trying Fleur de Bois due to it's modern, woody bottle design, and the intriguing and mystical sounding name, 'wood flower'.

I'm a little disappointed to find this a subtle and rather bland woody aquatic. For a long time I couldn't smell this fragrance due to its incredible softness and fragility. It shares some similarities with the original L'eau D'Issey, yet I find this fragrance less refreshing and appealing.

Freesia is a difficult note in some fragrances, often being the cause of a sharp soapy accord. Fleur de Bois does come across as smelling like floral soap, however the cedar note clashes, creating an odd dirtiness as opposed to a clean and delicate feel.

I hate to say it, but up close, (when I liberally press my nose to my wrist), Fleur de Bois smells like hot sick. It's chemical and acidic, which is in my personal opinion, incredibly off-putting.

I also find Fleur de Bois quite masculine and strange through most of its development on my skin. In the drydown there is some improvement, with a soft muskiness coming to the fore. This is where I agree that Fleur de Bois is polite and office-appropriate.

All in all, a woodsy scent that does live up to its interesting name, just a little more chemical than I had expected.

Migotka
Migotka

I think after the name (and the bottle) I expected something more woody. I know it is a floral perfume, but somehow I expected more 'bois' in it.

Fleur de Bois turns out to be a cmpletely linear, flolar fragrance, with lots and lots of freesia with rosy undertones, a hint of fruity sweetness (berries? and pear), and on me at least, violet, both not included in the notes. Later on, on my skin it also turned out a twin sister of She Wood.

Finally, Fleur de Bois is strongly inscribed in the summer lines of the brand, which are are very similar to each other. I can swear Issey did this fragrance at least a few times before with only slight variations:) Not that I dislike it, but it just is not enough for me to love it.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is what everyone who wasn't wearing Cool Water or CK One smelled like at the end of the 90s, updated for the 2000-and-teens. Like a shadow of the original IM with a modern touch and as wearable as it was the first time.

midsummer
midsummer

I was shopping for a new perfume at Macy's a couple months ago, and sniffing around the D&G line. When a nice woman behind the counter asked me what I was looking for, I said "not too girly." She told me this fragrance had come in a day before, and I should try it. Immediately liked it, and liked it even more as it settled on my skin.

The opening is sort of harsh (possibly too much freesia) - but even that reminds me of my very first Bath and Body Works scented lotion (that extra-strong freesia scent from the 90's).

It lasts a few hours on me, which is just fine. By the end it's not really floral at all, which suits me even better.

To me, it smells like a walk in the woods on a drizzly day in late fall. Very pleased to have it on my shelf.

zvoncica
zvoncica

You probably all remember how Arwen, half-elven, was pale and gentle, how lovely the words she whispered in elvish sounded, and how she resigned her immortality for loving a mortal.

Fleur de Bois is Rivendel forest in intensive opening notes, dry and dewy. With silent wild rose growing from mountain rock. Really tiny rose in huge forest. Slightly masculine in dry down and light. Reminded me on She Wood.

The elwish whisper became really quiet, soon unheardable and gone. The silence from Fleur de Bois helped me decide not to buy it, although I liked it a lot.

Bouquet
Bouquet

I get none of those notes listed, unfortunately. I wish I did! I get a light citrus over some barely-there florals, like a lighter "Reflections in a Drop", or last year's summer fragrance, both of which were considerably better.
A very "safe" fragrance for daytime and the office. Issey Miyake should have spent more money on the fragrance and less on the bottle. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. I don't see the point of this fragrance, because it's nothing that IM hasn't done better with other of its fragrances. Haven't decided to use this or give it away. I bought it on a blind buy for less than half price.
Luckily, I have another IM that I love,love love!

Update: I am now layering it with another IM scent and it's better; I get compliments. I'll probably keep the bottle and use it up, but I won't buy it again.

L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois by Issey Miyake 4.24 out of 5 based on 71 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois by Issey Miyake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L’Eau d’Issey Fleur de Bois by Issey Miyake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.