Designers » I-K » Woody Aquatic « Groups

L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche Issey Miyake for men

L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche Issey Miyake for men
dislike

L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche Issey Miyake for men Videos
L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche Issey Miyake for men Pictures L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche Issey Miyake for men Pictures L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche Issey Miyake for men Pictures L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche Issey Miyake for men Pictures

On the topic of the original masculine fragrance L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme from 1994, which symbolizes the strength and freshness of a mountain stream, Issey Miyake will present the new edition L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche in February 2016.

The top notes include grapefruit, bergamot, rosemary and mint. Mate, May rose and pink pepper form the heart of the perfume, laid on a woody base of white patchouli and musk.

The bottle retains the simple design, made of pure, clear glass symbolizing a waterfall. The advertising campaign is credited to Ryan Hopkinson. The fragrance is airy and fresh and apparently full of energy and dynamism. Its citrus, aquatic and woody composition is signed by perfumer Christophe Raynaud. The energy of brusque grapefruit meets the power of white patchouli.

L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche is available as 50 and 75 ml Eau de Toilette. L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche was launched in 2015.

Grapefruit Bergamot Rosemary Mint Cardamom

NvD

Lovely bergamot

Archaic
Archaic

The bottle is beautiful. That's the only good point about this flanker.

FlossmoorRay
FlossmoorRay

wow...this smells familiar...oh yeah, it smells like the original on its 12th hour! :( Seriously, no need to buy this...just spray the original on before bed and when you wake up, have breakfast, drive to work and make it to the office this is what you get. I've officially given up on this house. Thank God I didn't blind buy. Please take my advice, spray the original on one wrist and this one on the other and after 5 hours judge it accordingly. The original out works this on every category.

grug
grug

A slightly more herbal and spicey twist on the original. If I had to compare it to other scents, I would say it were a blend of the original with bvlgari aqua, and with a hint of l'eau bleue de issey's green herbal qualities - most likely from the rosemary. As for the fraiche label, it might be a more upbeat fragrance than the original, however, it's certainly not a weaker version of the current formulation. I found protection and longevity to be more than sufficient. This might replace the original when I run out.

nszlufik
nszlufik

Great Scent. Invigorating and unique alternate for citrusy fragrances that are equally if not more sophisticated than playful. This is Isseys response to Aqua Di Gios 'Essenza' - a case in which the original was an instant hit but a sharper, edgier version was created as well. An invigorated, crisper, sharper version of the original.
Update: Tried this a second time and feel confident in actually making this a purchase despite the lack of discounts or availability at my usual discount retailers. This is much more dynamic, crisp, sparkling and energy inducing version of the original - a cologne that I thought was just alright. Looking at the Bleu Fraiche version having almost identical notes, but this is not the case.

plamen8
plamen8

I tested it today and I found more similarities with the flankers Noir Absolu and Gold Absolute than with the original, so if you like these flankers you will like the new scent as well. It is just a fresher edition, especially with this mint note added, definitely worth trying! Having in mind that the above mentioned flankers are almost impossible to find I recommend all "L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme" lovers test it and buy it!

Longevity is pretty good, 8 hours with 4 hours of good projection.

techno1980
techno1980

This is all but not generic scent. Smells very herbal and unusual. I cant agree on that one smells similar to original...yes it has some kind of dna, but they not close.

Tested both today side by side and it beats original in any aspect, except in smell (in my opinion).
Lasts long and projects like a beast, and believe me i have dry skin and mostly problems with longevity. What a pity i dont like it so much to buy full bottle, as it performs so well.

Im lying, i would buy it but my wife hates it :)

ljotschek
ljotschek

It is a generic male scent. I can't say anything good about it, nor anything bad. Just plain boring imho.

manu.tq
manu.tq

This is a mixture of the normal Eau D'Issey and Eau D'Issey Intense, without the extremely artificial incense. Don't get fooled by the "Eau Fraiche" name, because this projects and lasts pretty good. I personally don't like the scent (together with all the other Isseys) because it reacts badly to sweat and get stingy and sour on my skin.
However, overall it's not bad, as I would give it an overall 7.

mse-21
mse-21

This edition has the DNA of original present and the difference is little. It can be seen as an intense version of the recent summer editions with a kind of muted earthy note added. I think it's the combination of Patchouli and Vetiver that gives me this 'earthy note' impression.

This new version is presented in a packaging similar to the original but with cleaner and more transparent design. I like this new packaging better myself!

If you are a fan of original and want a reformulation then give this a try. In terms of scent I still prefer the original and in terms of longevity and projection they are similar.

oliversun
oliversun

Personally, I love the grapefruit scent :)

So today I tested it.
The bottle looks really nice, I like that.
The juice however, I can't see the point of this release. This is like completely the original only it's more citrus, that's all, really. Even the Sport version made more sense than this.
Why don't you call it L'eau Citrus d'Issey given that the original is fresh enough?
Unnessecary.

Housebliss
Housebliss

It smelled great on the tester strip, and even fresher than the original. That suddenly changed when I sprayed it on my skin. It smelled like I was wearing the original, but a more inferior version.

If you like the original there's no reason to get this. The original is better in my opinion, but it's almost impossible to tell them apart.

llloyd

There's a surprise here - it lasts longer and projects better than original l'eau d'issey. But that would be it as far as praises go.
On the other hand, it smells so unpleasantly artificial, they pimped some of the notes so harshly, mostly those very nasty chemical ones. It smells greener than original, but in a bad way. I don't like it at all, but would think about getting it over the original because it's much stronger :D

groover
groover

Found this today and an of course i had to
try it, i found it to be very fresh and a bit
spicy at the same time, i really liked it, but
i need to test it a bit more before i can give
my final verdict.

c0ssix
c0ssix

The only thing that could prompt me to buy this would be if this version loses that annoying sour note that the original seems to throw into your face upon application. I can't seem to enjoy the freshness of the original because it is just way too sour, which personally is very unique but very off-putting. But if it really loses that sour note, I'm not sure it would even be L'Eau D'Issey anymore; I feel that note is what makes the original stand out. I'll only be sampling this if I can get the sample for free somehow

Wow! Posting this review now and looking at Endymions comment I thought exactly the same...surely the original Issey is as fresh as it gets and to some just as irritating.
Yeah so my thoughts on a fresh version are...is it going to be one of those watery, cucumber and kiwi summer editions all packaged up in yet another tired new flanker.
I was pleasantly surprised though when I smelled it, discovering a nicely nuanced, fresh but masculine addition to the range. Opens with bitter citruses and it almost has something rough of vetiver or oakmoss to it and a peppery twang which rules it out of being just another boring aquatic or really smelling like the Original L'eau d'Issey. It undoubtedly has that DNA but not in anywhere near as full effect as you'd expect.
So 'Fraiche' is not the most suitable name for this one it dries down quite earthy on my skin but still with a long lived citrus. In fact the longevity was very very good indeed and is still clinging to clothes days later.
I like this outing from IM it's not bad at all and worth consideration among many mundane fresh fragrances like this around.

pin
pin

Tried this today, its very similar to the Issey id pour homme intense.

Scent:6.5/10

Silage: 9/10

dozza14
dozza14

I tried this today and I have to say it is a great edition to the Issey collection. I completely disagree that it just smells the same as the old version. I am bored of the watery summer versions they do, instead this is a modern interpretation of the original or an enhanced version. The classic smell is initially there but layered with the rose and mate which remain to form quite a different composition. I will definitely be adding this one to my collection!

Gazo30
Gazo30

Tried this today, has the same sort of vibe & feel to the original but a bit more citrus. if you dont like the original you wont like this, its very much in the same mold. it does have similarities to intense in the dry down Longevity & silage id say are pretty similar too. for me i really like this aspect.

Scent:8/10

Silage:7/10

Longevity:9/10

Overall if you have the original it might not be worth having this but if you love the original issey or intense id say buy it as you will love this too!!

lax2
lax2

Ironically, for me to be able to like this, it would have to smell different from the original; not that the original is bad, but it has become super-recognizable, and every flanker, like the "expedition" version, smells like the original; they should just come up with some new fragrances, especially for men; I would suggest a fragrance that is barbershop like, less floral and out there than the original Issey pour Homme, I would even dare suggest a name : Issey Green River, containing top notes of bergamot and juniper berries, a heart of jasmine, violet leaf and woody notes, sitting on a base of cedar, amber and tobacco blossom; I'm just freewheeling here, it's called serendipity dudes :p ;fyi, this whole post is subject to copyright

matthew369
matthew369

notes look intriguing! i know people will whinge at it being a flaker but issey are VERY good at flankers. all issy flankers ive tried have been unique in one way or another - they dont get enough credit for that

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

At least bottle looks better than original.

llloyd

lol after destroying l'eau d'issey with the reformulation they make another genius move.
i guess the plan is to throw around another even weaker version and then make a l'eau d'issey perfume intense absolute which is going to cost a fortune. all in all yawn. really sick of what industry is about nowadays.

Endymion

Excuse me but the original isn't fresh enough or what?

L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche by Issey Miyake 3.54 out of 5 based on 55 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche by Issey Miyake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Fraiche by Issey Miyake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.