Designers » I-K » Floral Aquatic « Groups

dislike

I have it: 286 I had it: 230 I want it: 185 My signature: 15

ozonic
L'eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum Issey Miyake for women Pictures

L'eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum version of the original fragrance from 1992 is launched in 2006. The fragrance is floral - aquatic and it opens with notes of lotus, freesia and rose. The heart consists of lily and osmanthus, while the base notes are sandalwood, cedar and ambrette.

It is available as 50 ml EDP.

Lotus Freesia Rose Calone

Osmanthus Lily

Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

L'eau d'Issey
Escape
Ile d`Amour
Laila
White Muguet

L'eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Lily often does not smell well on my skin and this time it hasn't been different. Additionally, ozonic notes magnify coolness of this fragrance. All in all, definitely not for me.

I was not sure whether the L'eau d'Issey I reviewed before was the eau de toilette or the eau de parfum, so I requested a sample of this one during my last stop-over at Sephora. Now, after taking a gander at this house's line-up, I recognize that Issey Miyake is deeply involved in flanker madness, perhaps even a leader in the industry. This must be some sort of record for number of flankers on a single perfume.

The original L'eau d'Issey eau de toilette was launched way back in 1992, a year after Calvin Klein Escape, which strikes me as a near facsimile. This 2006 eau de parfum launch does not strike me as the same fragrance. It is less sweet and appears to be notably melon-free (not melon-less!) and more floral than the original. It's still aquatic, with a big blast of calone now listed explicitly in the note pyramid (since by now everyone brags about their aromachemicals, rather than covering them with metaphors), but the rest of the composition seems to be pared down and less fruity. Lots of abstract florality, including some rendition of lily of the valley, and something like the scent of spray starch. Not that I've smelled that product in decades, but there is definitely something along those lines in this composition.

I'm not much for aquatic fragrances, which often make me feel seasick (logically enough), so L'eau d'Issey eau de parfum is not for me. I have a generous sample of this juice, but I'm afraid that I'll develop a headache if I put any more on. Maybe I'll try the rest on another occasion. I do think that it smells less dated than the eau de toilette, which makes sense, since it was launched in 2006, not in 1992.

Uh-oh, I feel a headache on the horizon... I was going to review a couple of the flankers, but now I see that I'd better wait until later. Time for a bath right now.

gardeniapetunia
gardeniapetunia

I have the edp and the edt of this and find them very different. The edp is deep, rich and not to me anyway, at all watery or ozonic. I much prefer it but it's heaviness is best for cooler weather. The edt is perfect for hot days and is refreshing.
One spray of the edp on my arm at 10pm was still potent the next morning at 10am and at arms length.
In ways, the edp reminds me of diorissimo.
It's gorgoeus and I crave that smell.

judee
judee

Perfect office scent. Remidns me of the blue sea and crisp white colour.

KTepes13
KTepes13

When i first smelled this on my friend i had to go buy some. its beautiful initally. then has a weird dry down scent that made me have a headache. It also smells EXACTLY like Elizabeth Arden "sunflowers". but thats just me.

Cw830
Cw830

Floral with aquatic quality and overall clean. It reminds me of Laila in structure. There's an after-sweetness that reminds me of bubblegum, melon, or dragonfruit. The perfume makes me think of a garden in a botanical research center and I would love to sample this in person rather than from a magazine sample.

sophisticated
sophisticated

refreshing in a glamorous way!! yes, it's aquatic, watery, fresh, etc... whatever u call it, but it has layers of very uplifting notes that make me happy, ever-changing & sometimes overlapping flowery notes, citrusy notes & even some fruits like melons -maybe, it's a must-have and lasts long enough to enjoy it

monisa
monisa

For the longest time I've been looking for a scent that was clean but no reminiscent of that 'clean' alcohol scent. This is what I wear when I want to be non offensive and have something simple. It's certainly not simple, the way it fades to a musky scent later on in the day. However, I find it something interesting and complex without being too busy with too many heavy notes. I've always been partial to aquatic perfumes, and this one is probably going to be a staple for me for the forceable future.

pravda48
pravda48

I just received this in a swap and I wanted to add a BIG NOTE because people neglect to do this! (I did!)

TIP: If you see a note that is pictured as a CHEMICAL COMPOUND it is very helpful to look it up in fragrantica's note database to see what it represents! I've found more often than not those notes are very dominant! And that is the case here:

So far (3 hrs in) I've gotten lots of freesia and melon! I was surprised since I didn't remember seeing 'melon' as a note. Alas, 'Calone', the chemical compound note herein, in actually described as a "synthetic note composed to reproduce the light, airy and aqueous feel of watermelon/melon"!

Who woulda thunk? :)

Anyway this is a very melon-y water floral frangrace. Good sillage so far and it is well blended to my nose; though melon isn't something I lean towards it is pretty and sweet and an uplifting fragrance.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

It makes me feel carsick for some reason. Is it the ozone...? Maybe too aquatic...? Could it be the taffy-like melon...??

This is the gigantic fluffy snuggly beanbag-sized white teddy bear that you like the idea of having, but once you actually have it, it ominously fills the room and tries to strangle you at a distance.

Not for me.

Revision.

I think my newly purchase bottle of EDP spent too many hours in store lighting. It evaporates almost immediately, and dries down to a musk, yes musk oh so quickly. it is nothing like I remember from 20 years ago. This must have been reformulated, or I have a spoiled product?
I cant believe how many sprays it took to satisfy myself and convince my nostrils I was actually wearing a fragrance. Disappointing to say the least. The fragrance was gone within an hour of application. Perhaps it's me? Maybe it's the bottle? I forked out 3 times what I would usually these day's as I have buried my ostentatious 80's with that decade, for this fragrance. Pity.

I totally LOVE these kind of fragrances, Melony, ozonic scents have a special place in my mind and soul.

There used to be nothing like it when it was introduced. Nothing until 'Escape' and 'Sunflowers' which incidentally are created by the same NOSE, hit the market. Which off course I have loved dearly too. I just may have fallen out of love with L'Eau Issey. SOB Sob.

fiverosestea
fiverosestea

ok when i first sprayed it the first thing i thought was urine. like.... i don't want to put anybody off but that was what i THOUGHT. but then the the white florals started coming out. i dont know why but white florals and roses smell very similar to me so when i say white florals i could be meaning roses too. it's a good scent, i like it. kind of smells like what you would imagine spring to smell like. fresh. kind of wet grassy. i'd wear it day or night. mostly day though. in a park. kind of smells like a bush of flowers next to fresh cut grass. love it!! kinda soapy too.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I sprayed this on my wrist last night at Sephora. It's a very fresh, clean aquatic scent. Kind of in the cool water catergory but it did have a smidge of Escape to it, but less woodsy and more fresh. It wasn't a bad perfume, it wasn't a great perfume. It was just ok for me. There are others I want way before this one. Also, the staying power for me was a little over 2 hours and that was it. Somewhat dissappointed, but I will try it again after I acquire some faves that I really want first.

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

Fresh and very feminine scent, uncovering its layers while you wear it.

lucianamesquitacosta
lucianamesquitacosta

Delightfully feminine, with a pleasant sillage and great staying power. Not a boring floral. Will buy again when my bottle is over.

JacquelineR
JacquelineR

This one Im suprised I love so much, considering im not a serious floral girl. I just purchased my second bottle though, because it has a noticable woodsy smell that reminds me of being in South Lake Tahoe, or in a country log cabin in spring time. Love love love how this makes me feel.

kris919
kris919

I have a 75ml of the edp, 70% full with box and also 40 other perfumes for swap. check out the description on my profile

Tine1world

I managed to score a 50 mill bottle Eau De Parfum with body wash and lotion for 65. Aus Dollaroozies.
I have always had a Issey Miyake in my coiffret. Always ask friends who travel to get me a bottle. I love it. Obviously I'm a melon. Melon lover that is. I note the same nose also created Escape and Sunflowers which I also have. This scent in my view or schnooz that is. Is unique. Love the way it smells on me. Viva la Issey.

cottonpop
cottonpop

a classic, and I smell it on the streets often. I absolutely hate it though, just not my thing. I think scent are so personal. It doesn't smell 'offensive' though when people wear it. I just don't like it strongly.

sjam3295
sjam3295

I absolutely love this scent: a beautiful, aquatic, delicate floral where the lily really shines.

Interestingly, I cannot stand the EDT - it has a sour, artificial note on my skin - but the EDP is divine.

thazinha30
thazinha30

Love it!! It's very strong on me though, much stronger than the EDT but when applied with a light hand this is one of my faves.

benpaul12
benpaul12

Loved this when it came out but upon someone I know reapplying it to see if it would work again - it hasn't invoked the same magic.

Not sure why it didn't seem so good, I think perhaps it seems too sweet, it gave us a headache. Perhaps the composition is too much or it isn't so groundbreaking. But anyhow, she (and I) are over it. I feel the same about the male version of this too.

arxsyn
arxsyn

Very fresh, crisp and clean definitely.

Evokes marine mineral freshness, water and aquatic plants, green at some edges, fresh sweet white flowers, a hint of spice, but most of all, lots of synthetic white musk. It can't be ambrette.

Really safe

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Super clear and clean...

Remember Escape but weak.

FoxyVixen
FoxyVixen

I don't know why but I tried on the scent today and it smells like urine on me. I was expecting something fresh and floral but it just wasn't like that on my skin. I'm deceived

A cool floral blend of lotus, freesia and lily. This smells light and almost watery, and is quite relaxing. This is a subtle and calming scent when not overapplied. Lasts a very long time for such a light scent.

insinoor
insinoor

I got this one as a gift and I loved it since day one. It was my first perfume and it took me a long time to understand what it was all about. A lot of people around me don't appreciate it, but then a lot of people don't know much about perfumes :P

misstierra05
misstierra05

One of my signature scents, I've owned it twice. Wore it the other day and my other half was like....this is what you used to wear when we first met....never knew he liked it on me so much. On this second bottle, I was a little leary because it seemed different to my nose when I started back wearing it. However, I'm noticing liking it more on me in this fall weather...Not sure, but I guess I will keep it in my stash.

Abby1970
Abby1970

As soon as spring breaks I reach for this perfume. It’s so fresh, so beautiful, so clean and so very classy! It’s a beautiful spring/summer scent. The lotus flower definitely dominates but as the fragrance wears I can definitely smell lily, carnation and cedar giving it depth and character. I don’t get any musk in this fragrance. It’s very, very aquatic. Perfect bridal scent. It’s innocence and femininity in liquid form.

miss mills
miss mills

One of my favourite scents- so wet, so fresh - reminds me of a lush garden after a good rain drenching, wet sandalwood and lilies galore, but somehow a very cool (as in cold, not Chloe Sevigny) scent, unique in its formulation, beautiful...
Had to edit this today after reading so many bad reviews of Issey - why oh why are there so many haters of the Issey?! I really don't get it - it seems that this one reacts really badly with an awful lot of people's skin chemistries. Interesting but will never put me off. Lilies and rain, bottled, is my idea of heaven...

amelie
amelie

Reminds me of a cold, clear lake somewhere in high mountains. Lotus adds that freshness, is very comfortable and lightweight, but just too weak. It would be perfect for meditation, so I always imagined that smell of Japanses fragrance should be just like L'eau d'Issey. Clear and almost transparent, like drops of dew which only lasts a minute showing all the beauty of a passing moment. So mystical and elusive.

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

Oh dear! Issey Miyake is a designer that started at givenchy! l`eau d` Issey (issey`s water, or an intended pun- Odissey~) is the original aquatic scent.
this is popular not due it`s commercialisation!
unlike other scents that started gaining popularity after being featured in movies, tv series or music videos this one gained its loyalty through quality and the attraction of the masses when they recognized a really good perfume.
it`s good not because it`s niche, quirky or so pompous you can`t stand it! it`s not a pretentious scent, one that almost makes you say you hate it but you still wear it because it`s the vogue. no,no...
l`eau has great longevity- 10 hours at least~
it also has good projection, a bit of a cold one, but doesn`t make the others in a room start to sneeze! it`s a medium projection which increases with the number of sprays,but i think it`s sufficient to spray once on the pulse points in order to get an idea of what the others will smell on you.
issey miyake as a scent is very... japanese. I absolutely back off upon calling this one oriental. japan, as you may hav noticed, exceeded it`s traditional scene after being under US occupation. japan is pretty much a westernised country with a reality of its own and a love of famous brands such as gucci and LV. Imagine that Issey Miyake was very much attracted by the western culture and lived and worked in France.this scent dosen`t yell at you- hey, I`m oriental! that is just stupid and simplistic.
or... to even compare ming shu with issey miyake! i mean, go on, but ming shu has nothing of the complexity attached to l`eau. it barely lasts, but yes, it tries to copy it, and it makes me smile!

first of all, issey miyake is a very complex fragrance. it`s comprised of a LOT of ingredients~
watery and citrusy~ lotus, white lily, peony, rose, green tea, lime, and probabily algae.
woodsy- wet sandalwood
and musk seeds- which have the sweet, flowery and heavy fragrance of the musk but a bit on the drydown. a great alternative to the animal musk!!!
and add something synthetic to it and voila!
A scent that`s been envied by many.
with these and probably a few dozens of other ingredients, l`eau is evolving in layers, each and every one with a strength of its own.

created in 1992, L`eau through its bottle resembles a lighthouse, or who knows, maybe the ivory feminine shape itself- longiline and thin, not curvy.
it`s sharpness and cleanliness - the aquatic aura- has been copied to an extent by many other brands. it just has something very desirable, but none other had realized enough to be remembered.
this scent isn`t simple, though it`s not murky and difficult like others. it gives you tranquility and awareness. It balances very well the asian belief of detachment from the material world yet adds the sense of pragmatism common to the europeans. one is aware and intelligent without being less imaginative and dreamy!
take a look at the designer`s creations. they all resemble towers in some way or another... maybe it`s an influence from the eiffel tower? as hated as it was, the eiffel tower has become a symbol of paris.
oh my, but I`m rambling.
this is by far the scent I like to keep among favorites. and I am happy it is so popular, still!

Betweenshades
Betweenshades

It's funny- I don't remember this purfume being popular in the 90's. All I remember is CK One, The Body Shop's Fuzzy Peach and Gap's Grass! Of all things, it reminds me of my best friend's mother from my very early childhood, which was very much before this was released. Her room always smelled fresh and clean and floral, which is what this reminds me of. I've worn in for years and will keep doing so as it's a great daytime purfume that has never garnered a complaint from anyone to me.

I prefer the purfume; I'm glad there's a dedicated page for it! The EDT mocks my love for the EDT in it's vauge similarity and ends in metallic, Freesia hell. At least for me. The EDT isn't a bad purfume when just sprayed, it's just not my preference on my skin. Long live the EDP!

sarahcarr
sarahcarr

I have bought hundreds of new perfumes, but keep going back to this. Its my smell now and i have been wearing it since its launch. I love it ! I feel naked without it.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A light, soft, almost tangy, basic floral which is lovely, though stays close to the skin..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 3 mins - Not much

3 mins- 1.5 hour. 1.25 foot projection. Youthful, synthetic and casual. Ages 21 - 32. This could easily pass as a sports frag or a "stepped out the shower" aroma. It is the sister of Lanvin Homme Sport. Very feminine, not unique and very linear. Lovely and care free, it lightens me up and anything that does that is good for me. Summer frag.

1.5 hours 2.5 hours- 6 inch projection. Linear smell. This is a simple scent which may become booring quickly, but it is really nice and laid back.

2.5 hours - 5.5 hours. 1.5 inch projection. Close to skin

5.5 hours - 9 hours. Lasts a long time on skin but no projection

This scent cannot compete with Issey Homme EDT, which is incredibly complex and a masterpiece, though you can tell that they are related. I recommend a small bottle of this EDP as you may get boored with this. This would be a good 1st purchase into fragrances.

maryeileen
maryeileen

I have loved this perfume since the mid-1990's, when I actually thought it was obscure, and I still wear it all the time but I need to find something new. I got all of my sisters-in-law wearing it and I have to move on now (weeping.) I don't know what else to buy when I am done with this.

Maybe if Clarins would bring back Elyssium, I might be happy.

I actually started to try to study aromatherapy, spending a fortune on it, and really messing it up. I started diffusing orange and patchouli oil and all my sheets are sprayed with rosewater and it is giving me a migraine.

I'm going to have to throw this other stuff out and start diffusing Issey or SOMETHING so I can get this headache to go away.

paulit
paulit

a classic fragrance for summer day, fresh y light. if you are looking for a delicate and fresh floral fragrance this is the perfume for you.

Undecided
Undecided

I was obsessed with this fragrance in the early 2000s but didn't buy it until 2010 or so. To me it's a lovely, fresh, watery Oriental. I tend to wear it for dressy occasions because of the dominant rose and lily notes. I still think it's beautiful, but it does feel a bit dated now that the fresh-aquatic "thing" has been done... and done... and done. I probably won't repurchase when I finish my bottle.

L'eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum by Issey Miyake 3.65 out of 5 based on 470 ratings and 38 user reviews

Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Eau De Parfum Refillable Spray New Packaging 25ml 0.84oz
Issey Miyake 'L'Eau d'Issey' Eau de Parfum Refillable Spray 2.5 oz Refill
Issey Miyake 'L'Eau d'Issey' Eau de Parfum Refillable Spray 2.5 oz Refill
Sephora.com, Inc.
Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Refill
Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Refill
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Eau De Parfum Refillable Spray New Packaging 50ml 1.6oz
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Eau De Parfum Refill 75ml 2.5oz
Issey Miyake 'L'Eau d'Issey' Eau de Parfum Refillable Spray 2.5 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Eau De Parfum Refillable Spray New Packaging 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum by Issey Miyake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum by Issey Miyake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.