Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Le Feu d'Issey Issey Miyake for women
dislike

I have it: 211 I had it: 235 I want it: 276 My signature: 21

milky
Le Feu d'Issey Issey Miyake for women Pictures Le Feu d'Issey Issey Miyake for women Pictures Le Feu d'Issey Issey Miyake for women Pictures Le Feu d'Issey Issey Miyake for women Pictures

Sweet floral and intensively oriental fragrance that delights a limited number of adepts. Milk surrounded by amber and precious wood. The top notes are bergamot, coconut, rosewood and anise. The heart is composed of jasmine, rose, milk and caramel. The base notes are cedar, sandalwood, Guaiac wood, vanilla and musk. The perfume was created by Jacques Cavallier in 1998.

Mahogany Coriander Leaf Coconut Anise Bergamot Bulgarian Rose

Intelligence & Fantasy

Le Feu d'Issey Fragrance Reviews

dienn
dienn

Eloquaint: you describe it so beautifull i can almost smell it again :-D

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Why must the good die young? Le Feu D'Issey is one of the most interesting, difficult to quantify perfumes I've ever encountered, and I'd like to get to know it much better than the .004 oz testers I found are going to allow.

The strangeness of Feu at the moment you spray it, as it glistens on your wrist, is alcoholic in its splendor: rum, or perhaps tequila, slightly repellent and slightly rosy, so curious I kept sniffing. As the dry down begins I smell coriander, and lactones. I had to look up coriander leaf in the notes glossary, which reported that coriander leaf smells "spicy woody-resinous, [with a] clay-like background." And yes, I smell the clay, the wet basement smell of potter's clay fresh on the wheel.

But the smell of Feu is also like the rich and slightly sour rightness of saffron, a spice of two colors, deep gold and deep red, which is a perfect description of Feu D'Issey. This perfume is glorious. I am going to be watching ebay very, very carefully for a while.

An additional note: I've been wearing Le Feu for a week, and it has tremenous longevity on my skin. When I move a soft breath of it catches me, and I am wonder-struck all over again by this amazingly human perfume.

isabella76
isabella76

Very unusual. Different than anything else I've had. I used to buy the version in the rubber ball.

PerfumeEmpress

Being a perfume addict I remember getting this almost the moment it was launched, back in 1999. I loved it! Most DEFINITELY NOT for everyone. But if like me, you love unique fragrances, and hate to smell like every mall-rat in the country, this would please you. I never smelled anything like it again. Please bring this rare gem back!

Phantosmia Bella

To all "Le Feu" lovers - I recommend trying L'Artisan Parfumeur's "Poivre Piquant".

Not an exact replica, but a very very close relative.

It made me feel that my long lost love was back... :)

I wish I could smell this again, but I won't track it down and buy for 300$!
I remember it as a weird yet very interesting scent, so unique! I'm perplexed that someone compares this to Amour Nocturne. I think I smelled that one on paper and was not impressed, but I was in cloud of different perfumes.
I remember the first launch, I was at college and I got a little sick. I didn't know it had a milk note back then, but it makes sense as the smell of milk makes me want puke.
This is milky but not just about milk and that's all! It's so complex and still it smells very coherent. It's a perfume that find its way on your skin and it seems to know what it's doing on it. In this regard it is so much different from nowadays perfumes that sit on your skin and seem to wait for instructions from the wearer. Yes, ok, go left then turn right, now become more warm, less spicy...
It's unapologetic for sure, but also not a difficult one to wear.
The opening is quite something with woody pepper and anise. I simply love those 90s woods! Nothing to do with rotten plastic drydowns of today.
The drydown here is very interesting, but the whole composition is a total simphony in spite of the big note list.
The longevity was very good.
I'm not sure it will please many tastes. It's easy to rave about a lost vintage, but it's different when you are looking for a crowd-pleaser.
I have a feeling that many noses now would find it harsh or not bubblegum enough or not detergent enough. Oh, yes, and vanilla, of course. This is what I call vanilla in the base notes, creamy and tasty. Forget about the frilly vanillina of so many marshmallow around.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

When I first tested it, I almost threw up during tutorials in October 1999 - I ran to the toilet to wash it off in the very last second! A horrific mixture of milk, pepper and dry Vibovit... Other attempts were hardly any more successful. Anyway, whatever the idea behind the perfume was - it's 100% unforgettable!:-D And I have a big, big smile on my face whenever I recall that almost-perfect, sunny morning at university;)

sara carty

Got a 50ml bottle and 100ml shower gel off eBay for£37. Lucky me!!! It's definitely unlike any other frag I own. The milk note is dominant on me, don't get any floral, some peppery and woody notes. Can't decide on it just yet, as only got it today. I like it, but imagined it would be "darker" than it is.

sara carty

Got a 50ml bottle and 100ml shower gel off eBay for£37. Lucky me!!! It's definitely unlike any other drag I own. The milk note is dominant on me, don't get any floral, some peppery and woody notes. Can't decide on it just yet, as only got it today. I like it but imagined it would be "darker" than it is.

SPOILEDnose

wooot wooot - i found the bodylotion and the deodorant for sale, i was looking soooo long for this, i will enjoy every drop!

Phantosmia Bella

An amazing, unusual scent.
I regarded it a perfumed work of art - tamed fire, spicy in a totally strange and fascinating way.
Not herbal, not sweet, I now think it was maybe the milk note that made the combination such a fascinating one.
It smelled great on my skin, and also when layered with other perfumes.

I just miss this fragfance so so much...

I couldn't find anything even remotely close to this beauty, or any other Issey Miyake scent that I liked that much.

Longevity was great and the sillage good.

rainingroses
rainingroses

Le Feu d'Issey smells gorgeous on me! I have never loved a fragrance like I love this one. I have also never had as many spontaneous compliments on any other fragrance - perfect strangers walk up to me in the street and compliment me on my fragrance and want to know the name. (And I live in a country where people are quite shy and reserved and fragrance compliments are few and far between.)

On me, it smells like warm milk with oranges, spices (mainly coriander) and candied rose. After a few hours I also smell amber and woods but the fragrance still keeps its creamy milkiness.

It's fresh enough for the warmer (well, att least warm-ish) months but deep and warm enough for winter. Nothing else smells quite like it, it's very complex and unusual to my nose. (Believe me, I would LOVE to find something similar so I didn't have to use my bottle so conservatively!)

Someone called this masculine. I disagree. I think it's perfectly unisex, leaning more towards feminine.

The only bad thing about Le Feu d'Issey is the bottle. While I don't dislike the look of it - I'd call it unusual and unnecessary bulky, but not ugly - it's completely impossible to see how much of the juice I have left. What if I'm almost out? That thought fills me with fear.

Longevity is very good and the sillage is heavy.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Le Feu is an absolutely gorgeous melange of different genres of fragrance. It is spicy, floral, and milky, but it also alludes to soft, skin-scent musks. The floral notes are very gentle, not at all strong or heady. I perceive mostly the delicate silkiness of rose and the waxy freshness of lily. There is also a component that smells yeasty and warm, possibly sandalwood and guaiac, in addition to the well-known milk note in this scent.

The composition is technically stunning. There is a LOT going on in this fragrance, but it maintains an incredibly delicate balance and never falls too far into one category before being balanced out in the opposite direction. Coriander brings out the lightly spicy qualities in rose and lily, while guaiac wood brings a savory quality to the milky notes. I almost never think this, but this scent would be absolutely gorgeous in a lotion, due to its fantasy interpretation of creamy, milky skin.

I love that Le Feu is intellectually stimulating, and it is constantly rewarding you with new layers of complexity and nuance. It is dynamic, unusual, fascinating, and comforting. It was years ahead of its time, and was possibly misunderstood at the time of its debut. But can't that be said about most good art, after all?

shamy
shamy

TODAY I USED M LAST DROP! AM SO SAD. I OPENED M LAST BOTTLE OF LE FUE LIGHT...

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

Once again, Fragrantica has taken me on an unexpected journey. I was studying abroad in London in 1998-99, and I would always pop into a department store near the tube stop by my college specifically to spritz on some of this. I was obsessed by the gorgeous orange-red bottle and the delicious, spicy, unusual fragrance. I couldn't afford to purchase it, being an American student in London, but it so fit my style and life at the time. I had a few outfits that were knock-offs of Miyake's micro-pleated creations. I tried sushi for the first time because they sold it at Pret a Mange. I was able to indulge my childhood obsession with Sanrio at the Japanese mall, because at that time Hello Kitty was not everywhere in the US. She was still niche and nostalgic for us children of the 80s. Anyway, when I got back to the states and had saved a little money, I went to purchase this fragrance at our local department store in St. Louis, and they didn't have it, of course. I hadn't realized it was a niche fragrance, or I would have found a way to procure a bottle in London. I ended up settling for the newly released Hypnotic Poison. It's certainly not a good dupe, but it does have a similar creamy, spicy, sweet feeling to it. I remembered this fragrance and I couldn't remember the name, but I thought I remembered it being by Issey Miyake, so I looked up his page here on Fragantica, and immediately recognized the photo of the gorgeous orange-red bottle. Both the bottle and fragrance invoke fire for me. I would love to own a bottle of this now. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get one, but it would be a lovely thing to have.

enyone
enyone

i miss it too
it was unique and very sexy

Obanonatto
Obanonatto

This perfume could stand to MOMA (Museum of Modern ART)... and it0s pure ART, the fragrance is superb and inimitable. I miss it, this was a total beauty fragrance: 10/10

MariaScent
MariaScent

Very nice; so far /1 hour/ I smell mainly golden lily and guaiac wood;
Can anybody tell me, what is the weight of an empty 75 ml bottle of le feu

Femme en Blanc
Femme en Blanc

Currently testing this fragrance, as I speak.
Peppery,tangy,and a bit fruity. Like other reviewers mentioned, it evokes the image of fire.
This is definitely a one of a kind.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

LOVE , LOVE , LOVE

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

This was one of my favourite scents about 10 years ago. It was so unique and I don't think I have come across anything similar. I remember a sort of pepperiness about it, caramelised orange, spice. I hope they bring it back!

Ursalilium
Ursalilium

Amazing and unforgetable

Lttdcn
Lttdcn

I love this, and would have worn it much more (and probably used it all up since it's now discontinued (WHY???)) only it made my hubby sneeze leik woah, and therefore ask what-the-H**l scent was I wearing!? I can only wear it now when he's away.

Germany
Germany

That was a good scent. Haven't seen it for at least 10 years. I wore this when my kids were little. I miss that smell. And I kind of forgot it I remember it being milky sweet and had a great amber dry down. But there was something spicy mixed within the milky sweetness. Like honey milk with some cardamom something along that line. Hot slicked yummy milk ! There is nothing like this out there. His new one peats please I do not like. I only used it once. I had big hopes for it.

hansito
hansito

what frag is similar to this? any suggestion?

ponky
ponky

What can I say? I just recently was introduced to this magnificent fragrance and I am in love. Wouldn't you know it's been discontinued which almost brings me to tears. Le Feu is so beautiful on my skin. It's warm, sexy, intimate and very complex in such a fascinating way. It seems to to almost be alive as it moves and develops with your body chemistry. It is a fragrance that really evokes emotion in me. It's magic. So sorry it's gone! I think I will cough up the $$ and get one of the rare remaining bottles on EBay . I love it that much.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

Le Feu d'Issey Miyake

"... let's go to Disneyland, shall we?"
"Sure, hon!"

"... aaaaah, I wanna ride that rollercoaster!"
"... so do I!"

(and they run and run happily and ride the rollercoaster and SCREAMMMM!!!! AAaaaaaaaaaaaa.....)

That's Le Feu.

If it was a color, it'd be white.
If it was a day, it'd be Sunday.
If it was a food, it'd be yoghurt.
If it was an expression, it'd be a smile.

The longevity is as long as your happiness after taking the rollercoaster ride. The silage is as vivid as the smile on your face. It's all about you, it's all about the flame in you.

-Mr. Almond-

sweefa

Saint Patrik, thankyou for this information (I wrote them a long time ago but never got any answer) Well, this gives me a strong feeling of hate towards this brand and I will go on ignoring all their products. Maybe they could sell the recipe for Le Feu to some brand with more character to bring it back. Think about it IM.

PerfumeEmpress

This is one of the most unusual scents I ever wore. Strong, yes, but oh-so-go. Issey, please bring it back. Pretty please?

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

Issay Miyake has a nice page about the perfumes they make. I wrote to them through the page and asked them if there is any chance that this wonder (le feu d'Issey) could returne to the market. Today I got a very nice reply from them saying in short: No!

I,m so sorry ladies. This beauty is gone for good.
Greatly missed.

venus velvet
venus velvet

I had this when it came out, but neglected it in favor of l'Eau d'Issey. I hadn't thought of it in ages until today, when I tried on a sample of Hanae Mori Butterfly. Although the HM has an initial berry scent, the drydown reminds me of Feu. Wish I still had some to compare. The l'eau is too sharp for me now, I think I'd appreciate the feu more.

Umka2010
Umka2010

Pleeease Miyake, can we have it back???!!)))

meduza
meduza

I got this one 11years ago as a gift.
But it smelled like sour milk to me.
I like sweet smells so this one was a dislike.

kalios55
kalios55

Le Feu d'Issey

Like the smell of freshly chopped-in-half coconut mixed with crushed cilantro seeds: herby, woodsy, milky and lightly sweet.

When settled on the skin, Le Feu becomes milkier and herbier. To my nose there are many herbaceous notes that are continuously changing from cilantro seeds to tobacco to licorice candy. The herbs float atop the woodsy milky floral undertone. Later, the herbs wear away. Leaving my skin smell like a sweet woodsy milky licorice.

Created way before its time, Le Feu d'Issey is a very interesting unisex, multifaceted, herbaceous woodsy aroma. Get a small sample .. I think it's worth a sniff. It's a rare item .. so don't fall in love!

For somebody who wonders about Le Feu and Le Feu Light. I say .. Le Feu is of milky herbs and Le Feu light of creamy dessert spices. Le Feu Light is cozier, richer, sweeter, and creamier also with more floral (rose) and vanilla notes--an oriental gourmand. Both have impressive silage and longevity. They linger all day on my skin.

。◕‿◕。

laurajulietk
laurajulietk

I wore Le Feu d'Issey in the late 90s before it was discontinued, and haven't smelled it since. Today I got a sample of Gucci Guilty Intense from Sephora, and something about it keeps triggering memories of Le Feu d'Issey. I don't know if it is a specific note that they both have (pepper?) or what, but I think I'll have to order a bottle of the Gucci perfume.

annickbremault
annickbremault

I love this perfume so much, that ever since I ran out several years ago, I periodically search the web and try to find news of it... Hoping beyond hope that Issey Miyake has decided to bring it back. I know it's available on amazon and ebay, but the price is a bit high, even for someone who loves this fragrance as much as I do. I've searched far and wide for replacement scents, but, alas, have had no luck at all. It's been the only perfume for me since I started wearing it eons ago. I always got tons of compliments on it. Even had complete strangers stop me on the street or in a café. I loved that it was a bit marginal and kind of daring. It fit my moods, my personality, developped so well on my skin, with my own scent, any time of year. And it was kind of masculine, which I liked, becasue I myself am very feminine. It felt that it made my femininity that much more obvious because it was so rich and powerful. I'm still hoping that the call for Le Feu will be heard and that all of us who love this amazing and original fragrance will be satisfied once more!

wrigleatode
wrigleatode

ive got my 50ml still :D not selling! only had maybe 4 sprays of it and this was what my mum bought me for a gift in 2001 as an art student. thank goodness i didnt waste it!!!

katariina9
katariina9

Le Feu, a little ball of fire has been my all times favourite since it was launched at the end of 90s, the only scent that I can truly call signature as it just feels so 'me', like second skin.

It also lead me to this forum as I tried to find it again a few months ago. Just before it was discontinued, I stocked up a few bottles with lotion and shower gel that had lasted for several years. And recently, I was lucky enough to purchase almost new 75 ml again. Btw, Le Feu Light is not same at all.

I had also no idea, its so highly valued by 'big noses'. For me it has always been the smell that feels like coming home. Even more - coming home for Christmas, that was always the most beautiful time in our family. Le Feu always felt like having hot milk with honey made on bonfire in the middle of our wild forest in crisp December night.

There was an instant attraction when we meet. When I spritzed just launched Le Feu on my wrist (tried it because i also loved L'eau d'Issey), it was just mine in every way from first spicy burst until sinking under my skin with all this gingerwoodyness. I was in my early 20s and yet found it very non-demanding, perfect to wear any time, day or night, snowy winter or hot summer.

I have met all my favourites this way, not through suggestions, ad campaigns, reading about their compositions, interesting history, legends etc. True, I never bother to try big mainstream favourites, simply because i dont want to smell like everyone else. But it has to be love from the first sniff. Sometimes there has been the aspect of 'foreign' or 'sexy' or 'mysterious' that makes the scent enchanting. Le Feu, however, was the most naturally uncomplicated 'me' scent. Something that I wear for myself rather than for anyone else, the one that I put on when feeling lonely, the one that calms my mood before going to bed. Yes, even today, I spritz it on when stressed rather than for a night out.

In a way, I really don't care to un-code what are the notes something so wonderful and unique is made of. At first it was all about spices and woods, the gingerbread and fresh spruce, although neither of these is listed as I now know. Perhaps because my skin chemistry has changed slightly over these 14 years, today its all about milk and honey with delicate spices, a bit of chai latte and burning sandal. But one thing is sure, it is the scent that is alive, it changes and and breaths with you. Also, it has never been sharp complicated or masculine on my skin. Always, slightly sweet in caring motherly way, sinking under my skin, wrapping me into something delicious and warm.

I think in a way the fact that its discontinued has made it so intriguing as a scent for many perfume gourmands and gets a little overanalysed and therefore mystified here or there. However, IMO Le Feu so ingenious creation because its so incredibly organic and emotional. It smells and feels like your own experiences, like challenge and happiness and someone you've met before... And not at the fancy perfume counter, but in real life, while hiking in the forest, sitting in front of the fire place with your loved one eating the cake your mum baked and sent over.

It smells like life itself, like the best days of your life.

Jeremy Lin

i have a 50ml to sell.I need some cash.
used ONCE only.

mrsriley
mrsriley

does anyone know of a good substitute for this..i have etra etro and i don't think its the same at all..not as much depth...i also emailed issey to ask if they will ever bring this back and the said no!! it doesnt make financial sense to re launch it..and the ingrediants are now too hard to source..expensive i think they mean//:/ hmmm...well i loved it..i still have a bottle of the light version,but it's quite different...i always found as it warmed on my skin the more intense and sexy it got..i was always complimented on it..so any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

I don't know where it was the fragrances that we had in the perfume store I worked for almost 2 years, but this one I definitely do not like. Nobody that worked in the store did. It smelled like rotting citrus. Don't like it, unfortunately.

Luca Turin described it so brilliantly but for me it still hold the sentiments described above. Maybe the bottles we had in the duty-free store weren't so good?

karaaslang
karaaslang

You either love it or hate it, i personally love it. The code of this one makes it very unique, not similar to the rest, dont know y they discontinued it . One man approached me and asked the name of it. İt really worked with my skin, this one had a character, milky, sweet but dangerously animalic at the same time...very unusual....

orchid_84
orchid_84

Le Feu does start off a little sharp, even sour, but I personally don’t find it unbearable or unpleasant. Having said that, I can definitely see why it’s not a crowd-pleaser. It opens with a strong peppery-spicy accord via the anise and coriander, along with sharp-sweet bergamot oil, and a ton of dark, wet, medicinal woods. The woody notes dominate this fragrance - mahogany, cedar and guaiac wood mix together to form a strong, clear presence. Indeed this has a noticeable alcoholic bend to it.

I also get a dark rose note; this aspect reminds me somewhat of Midnight Poison, although Le Feu is much more peppery and "sinus-clearing" than the former. I don’t think I would have guessed that milk or coconut were notes, as I don’t find anything creamy about this composition. I do get some sweetness from the caramel and lily, which adds a little balance to the underlying masculine feel. After it's been on my skin for a few hours it does turn a bit musty, making it less wearable. Le Feu is very unique...I like it quite a lot as a fragrance, although I couldn't see myself wearing it on a regular basis. This is one intensive, dark fragrance with some very strong projection.

Kamaty
Kamaty

I could find a 75ml bottle and made a blind buy...
My first impression was ...It's so strange...but them i spray more and more and more and
love !!!
It's totally unusual: wood, herb, spicy,strong and complex.
For woman that know what want.
Mr. Miyake bring it back ...

@KasiaS
I said to myself I would buy 20 bottles of this stuff if they relaunch it or stand in a line for it all night:)))) I mean this scent IS masterpice. I purchased one on ebay for 200$ lately...

annahaener

I just wrote to Miyake Perfums... I don't think they will relaunch it, because in order to earn anything on this every 5th girl must buy it:) which is not going to happen - its tooo special...

monika99
monika99

I want it back so much!

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

I miss this scent so much. Wish I could get it, still :/ Beautiful dark scent in a strange bottle. if any have one to sell cheap or knows where I can get it. PM me. Thanks.

Nysa

Oh, forgot. If you love this, you will love Midnight Oud by Juliette Has a Gun aswell :-)

Nysa

It's a great scent. Nice against the current, non-commercial.
and I agree with others that the smell should come back!
So what stops us from contacting Issey Miyake (call, write and email) to make clear to them that there is a large market for this dark angel scent!
I live in The Netherlands so for those who have a bottle left of Le Feu D'Issey or Le Feu D'Issey Light, please mail me (nysakoman@hotmail.com)

Oh wauw it has a sibling, Bond girl 007 forever!
So if you cannot find this one go for that one instead!

pepe7111
pepe7111

someday maybe mr miyake will read all our reviews and decide to lounch this smell anew.
like donna karan : chaos-its available again thank god.
i was too shy to wear at that time when hits the shelves ,i feel sorry about this now.
very sweet memories from the late 90 s.

lisa o
lisa o

I want it back!!!! sad!! it was a good & strange scent which I loved a lot and which reminds me of turbulent years. true, that etra/etro is a bit, but only a bit, similar...there are many things missing in etra...

And did I mention...

BRING IT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Jeremy Lin

Ok..I changed my mind.I decide to keep it since it's a rare item!!
:p..since I recently fall in love to collect perfume!I will let this bottle sit in my closet then..

Jeremy Lin

Oh my goodness..I can't sleep and go search for it..because i cant belive i throw it since i never really dump things.
I even keep my kindergarten hair cilp !
And im SO EXCITED IT IS STILL HERE hahahah!!
I DID not threw it away!!! So pm me if u want it:)..
Sprayed once only

Jeremy Lin

I can't believe it's expensive on eBay now..as I hate it so much ..that I throw it away almost unused!!O.O...
I don't normally throw things away..I tried to like this perfume...but I
want to puke when I smell it.
burning my nostril .
I don't know what it is..it's orangy smell?or what note I don't know..
But I absobloodylutely decided that I HATE this perfume..before I decide to throw it into rubbish bin..
Now I wish I may have keep it so it can go to someone who appreciate it.
I recently went crazy for perfume and so I joined this forum :)

nattanicha
nattanicha

I love it a lot and I have try to looking for other perfume close smell like this one, but never found finally I mix with 2 bottles of ( 3 spray of > Simple Elements Warm Sunshine Avon for women ) and ( 1 spray of > Imari Mystique Avon for women )
I'll tell you how's from
one night I get my new Imari Mystique I try it I think smell is very sexy but when I'm in the car my boyfriend said it's to over for me then I sprays simple elements warm sunshine after because he like it it's very surprise me when smell it after I take of my dress after back home I wonder where's this smell from? is it's my forever favorite perfume I think of I have mix it with 2 bottles after I try how will be best close to this Le Feu d'Issey, and now I got it :D you must try if you love it, and avon is not expensive prove it your self / but I'm sorry if Issey Miyake company please don't blame me I love your perfume not only this smell Issey Miyake always have best for people. that's why we are wait this perfume back to the market/ perfume is art and I didn't try to copy it for sale I just love people to happiness with this taste of smell again

frusia
frusia

an interesting fragrance, but smelled the most foreign on my skin, I just wasn't able to accept it near me and got a headache whenever attempted to use it. My friend loved it though and I gave it to her eventually

Carlize1
Carlize1

Please bring Le Feu D'Issey back. This is the most amazing perfume ever!!!
love it!!!!!

Hilaire

In my review of Midnight Oud by Juliette Has a Gun I've mentioned that I think Midnight Oud is quite similar to Feu d'Issey. I think the most commonly known substitute is Etra by Etro, but I have always found Etra a little too broadly painted, a little too fruity and fresh and lacking in Le Feu's depth, spiciness and heat.

To all my fellow Feu d'Issey fans I highly recommend that you check out Midnight Oud, which also has a difficult topnote but an incredibly seductive drydown, which I feel is very akin to Le Feu d'Issey and which you may find very satisfying as a replacement.

Gekons
Gekons

Extreme and beautiful perfume.Warm, dark red, definitively a night scent but not in cozy, sleepy way. IMO for mature ( I mean experienced)women.One of rare perfumes you can spray, breathe, spray again and never is enough.

glitterlust
glitterlust

I have recently come back to this scent. When it was first released the note structure was far more simple than listed above:

Bulgarian Rose, Coriander
Sichuan Pepper, Golden Lily
Guaiacwood, Milky Amber

These seem to be more accurate to me. Anyway, at the turn of the century I first tried this when shopping with my mother I described it simply to myself as dried apricots and black pepper oil. I thought, coming back to it a decade later with a more refined nose I would laugh at this adolescent description. As it turns out, it wasn't a bad description.

Le Feu is a high pitched scent that opens with a sweet fruity note then undertones of black pepper oil join in. Warm milky amber fleshes out the base of the scent. I don't it find particularly complex or deep but definitely alluring.

At any rate, the lasting power and sillage are exceptional. I thought it might make a good winter scent but due to it's vibrancy it might work better on spring summer evenings.

I am happy finally to have had the opportunity to try Issey Miyake LE FEU D'ISSEY (many thanks to Vickalena!!!), and now I know why it was discontinued. The problem is that during the first few, crucial—at the counter and deciding whether to buy—moments, this composition smells not at all unlike mildewy, rotting wet wood. After several minutes it becomes clear that this is a deep and dark absinthe/wormwood creation, with a lot of appeal for those who appreciate woody oriental perfumes with a masculine bent. But the opening is such a turn-off during those “decision-making” minutes that I definitely understand why many potential buyers would have been dissuaded from giving this worthy creation its full due—or a second sniff.

Once the fragrance has fully developed, it is a big, beautiful, dark woody perfume with a somewhat overwhelming sillage, given how out of the ordinary the scent itself is. I would compare the overall effect to that of freshly cut mahogany chips soaked in absinthe and then set out under the hot sun to dry (so that the alcohol all evaporates away). The longevity is impressive. The sheer eccentricity of this composition probably explains its discontinuation as well, since it really smells nothing like the standard categories of feminine perfumes. I would not be at all surprised if some women who purchased FEU D'ISSEY scent unsniffed—or received it as a gift—ended up passing it on to their husband. That's how masculine this so-called feminine composition is.

Without having read the entry in “The Guide”, I am surmising that this one got rave reviews, since LT (a man) happens to favor perfumes with a masculine edge—imagine that!

Dj_play_manson
Dj_play_manson

FAB!!!!

I luv.

The best Scent !!!

SedativeFlower
SedativeFlower

This weekend I have unexpectedly bought a mini-version of this outstanding perfume. I heard about Le Feu d'Issey a lot, and opinions were mostly positive. But to me Issey Miyake associates firstly with his L'eau d'Issey (which I also really like).
So, what can I say? First of all I would agree with those, who said here that Le Feu was too ahead of its time and may be this is one of the reasons why it has not been understood and widespread. And today we need so badly such kind of fragrances: which has its own character and 'personality'.
I would be very surprised and happy if Issey Miyake house relaunches it. The scent is still very modern, unique and bright. I personally like very much such original perfumes, which don't require 'modernization'.
The composition is very rich, but I can define most of the notes. However it's not a mess at all but very stylish and sharp scent.
If you find it in store, I recommend you to try it and buy. This perfume can be a real 'adornment' of your collection.

Aqua218
Aqua218

Oh wow...this one is sharp! My boyfriend's mom gave me a sample of this and it boggles my mind how she - a conservative little old Italian lady - could wear such a loud, sour, controversial scent. But on the other hand, it makes perfect sense. With age comes that devil-may-care attitude where you no longer care about pleasing others - you do what makes you happy whether or not it is "appropriate" or "acceptable". I feel completely humbled and totally naive trying to review this one - I just don't understand it. It definitely commands respect, if not like. I will not be wearing it any time soon, but I'm happy to have a sample. I will certainly revisit it in a few decades when I'm a ballsy little old Polish lady.

KasiaS
KasiaS

I really think this fragrance didn't sell because it was too good for its time, revolutionary even. Guys from Issey Miyake should seriously consider relaunching it. I mean, come on, it won't cost much more than another L'Eau d'Issey summer flanker, after all... Times have changed and not everything that's not an aquatic in a transparent, ultra-simple flacon is considered bad taste. And what was wrong with exploring the idea of 4 elements instead of getting stuck forever on water? The sales' director responsible for this decision won't be my best pal, I think.
Le Feu for me is a piece of art. Much more interesting than L'Eau, which also has its original part (once again, they would make a beautiful couple...). Surprising, uneasy, very complex, with different and contrasting tonalities mingling and interfering together - like in a dish of 5 savours. You get some sweetness from vanilla and caramel, sour and sweet milk, fresh and sour bergamot, bitter coriander and woods, spicy pepper... the composition makes me think of a music piece, contemporary avant-guard one. Cavallier is my man certainly! And when I think about it, the market rejections that some of his compositions suffered only confirm his artism and inner independence (because quality certainly wasn't at stake in any case). So once you decide to release a piece of a genious artist, can't you really keep selling it, goddamn?? At least in a limited number? What's wrong with these companies?

It's not a typical woody or oriental. If you can imagine something like aromatic-woody-spicy-gourmand, Le Feu is this more-less.

Silly, silly, silly me that I didn't buy 10 ltrs of it when it was available... naturally, I considered it freaky and stinky back then. But, well, I was just a stupid teenager loving strawberry and pure jasmine scents :)

Killercolours
Killercolours

It sure is a strange one.. I nearly scrubbed it off during the drydown. Sour, ultra sweet and sharp! It made me feel extremely uneasy! Couldn't think of anything else while wearing it. Then it settled.. and I forgot I wore it. Some time went by and about half an hour later it just exploded. The sugary sharpness almost disappeared (only almost! now it got interesting.) and warm notes of spicy woods and amber made me forget about our bad start together. Usually I can't really forgive a scent that started off really awful. But damn it, Cavallier, you did it again. It happened with Kingdom and now with this.

As I'm not an expert on notes I compensate with being an expert on feelings instead. Haha. So, the interesting part about this is in my opinion how that strange sugariness stays on top of the deep amber and woods. It's almost as if it was candied, dipped in sugar and that's it. Another thing I like is how it doesn't turn TOO deep. Even though it's quite oriental and "thick" it isn't a gothic mysterious ultra musky dry hard-to-wear scent. I would say it's... Posh. That's right. It's posh.

Update: 8 hours later, still going strong!

Update again: 10.5 hours, same thing.. This stuff is amazing.

Maha
Maha

Very strange and VERY unique smell. A bit similar to the smell at a clinic,, of a dentist or a hospital in general, like a sterilizing liquid, maybe a detergent, with a very strong, freshly ground clove! I spray it around the house to give it sort of a sterilized, sharply clean atmosphere and it does strike visitors.. you can see it in the way they turn their heads! LOL.. If I spray it on me,, it kind of hits people in the face as if sniffing into a new bottle of medication. Truly, a very strange,, but lovely to me, smell. That is why I love it. I have a bunch of them stored, as I went hunting for whatever left of them in town, once I realized they are out of stock. I keep them like jewels! And they are like jewels to me. The nose behind it is genius. And the bottle design,,OMG! Never will I ever see like it! Issey, you are a wonder!

noisette5000
noisette5000

I could not resist and got me one on ebay. I was so excited when I saw the package had arrived. Would I still like it? Had my skin changed? Would it still smell good? Opened it, sprayed and - boom. Have to add that in the nineties I used to get the most compliments when the weather was really hot. It seems to have been especially made for hot summer nights to mingle with a bit of sweat... Great staying power. Loving it. Also tried scents that were said to be similar. At first "Etra" really does seem near but it is one-dimensional compared to Miyake.

alessbl
alessbl

Mansky, your review is soperb, magnificent, I just been trough it 3 days ago, and what you wrote express exactly how I felt with the bottle in my hands at the store... I also owned one in 1999 and the images that came to my mind were absurdly clear, it was something, with all my expertize in fragrances, I had never felt before... They should defenetly relaunch this fragrance.

Mamsky
Mamsky

Hello everybody. I'm new to the Forum and just registered because of Le Feu D'Issey. I ADORED this scent and keep trying to bid on it on e-bay, but it is very hard to get it, the prices are beyond... On my last stroll through e-bay, I found this review, which talked right from my heart and I would love to share it with you:
"

Launched in 1998 and taken off the shelves 3 years later, ahead of its time? An experts view follows..

This scent was launched in 1998 as the followup to the phenomenally successful L'eau D'Issey, but surprisingly, managed to become a colossal commercial flop. Suddenly, after a life span of almost 3 years, it was stripped from shelves the world over. Many were quick to claim "too avante garde", but it was few that actually mourned the death of this perfume. As for me, despite my wife working with Parfums Issey Miyake at the time; I was indifferent.

Fast forward to yesterday, ten years on. I was visiting a local out-of-the-way perfumery, sampling at the rear of the shop, when suddenly I smelled the very discontinued Le Feu D'Issey cart-wheeling on the air. I recognised it instantly - vivid pictures blazed behind my eyes of summers spent with friends, good food on hot balmy evenings, cold champagne, and lazy afternoons spent sprawled on grassy lawns. I was amazed (and a little overwhelmed) at my immediate sense of recall... I spent moments rearranging the pictures in my head, trying to achieve a sense of order. By olfactory association with the scent my wife used to wear, I was suddenly at a sundowner lawn party in 2002, held by the internationally acclaimed West Australian artist, Waldemar Kolbusz. Champagne and canapés were circulating freely, and I recalled the long evening shadows criss-crossing the lawn. It was a hot Perth night, and the parakeets were chattering excitedly in the trees across the road. Warm bodies in crisp-ironed clothes mingled effortlessly - our necks and decollitages moist with perspiration, thanks to a setting desert sun.

As I stood in the perfume store, immersed in my recollections, I thought what a fitting scent Le Feu d'Issey was in having inspired this particular daydream. Le Feu after all, was a fragrance release that celebrated the elemental force of fire.

My belief is that Miyake's creation was well ahead of its time. It was launched on the heels of countless androgynous, unisex releases of the mid 90's, and in terms of its style; embraced qualities that represented the polar opposite of those scents that had found their success at that time. A perfume that honoured fire, (and indeed one fashioned in true Issey Miyake minimalist style) was simply dismissed as unconvincing, unimaginative and characterless. However, if the truth be known, Le Feu d'Issey may be more relevant to perfumery now in the "noughties", than it was in the nineties. Miyake lent heat to this composition with sichuan pepper, amber and benzoin - yet with a delicate hand, he reduced the volume on the combustible warmth with golden Japanese lily, bulgarian rose and milk accords. Exotic guaiacwood and coriander also contributed a radiant piquancy to the mix.
In hindsight, Le Feu was forging new bounds in perfumery that perhaps at that time, the world wasn't fully able to comprehend. I wonder whether if resurrected and re-released tomorrow, yesterday's failure might in fact, become a modern-day triumph.

So, as I purchase the one remaining precious bottle of Le Feu d'Issey in the perfume store, my mind returns once more to the intimate gathering on that steaming Perth afternoon. With many guests retreating to the shadows beneath the trees, I am led inside to take a look at Wal Kolbus'z work with my wife, who is wearing the same resplendent elixir that I now hold in my hands. I Find it fitting that the artist himself embarked on his expressionistic journey whilst travelling through the parched Arizona and Nevada desert. His canvases exude an intensity of emotion, and his use of striking colours are so exciting, they emit a certain volume - and indeed a certain temperature.

Miyake's olfactory palette - much like Kolbusz's artistic one - infuses his work with colour, beauty and abstraction. Le Feu d'Issey is perhaps an abstract ideal made tangible when the world was looking the other way."

So now I wrote AGAIN to Issey Miyake, hoping for a relaunch! Maybe all of you could do as well? If they find out, they could sell it again, maybe they will do something? Come on everybody, let's MOVE something :-)

SPOILEDnose

god, i really hope so badly that one day they release it again... i miss this frag like u miss someone u love... i loved this so much! this was like aphrodisiac for men in a way i never experienced with any other frag, sometimes it was funny to observe:D
i just really wish this would be back...:...( but i am not willing to pay 150euros =(200dollar?) to a cheeky seller until u cant watch into the bottle if its complete full or not, and finding it original wrapped in the plastic is a hard business:(

sweefa

Like christmas sweets and fruits on a colourful oriental market. Warm, rich, full of lights and music, spicy, deep, fanciful, mysterious and promising. Like wearing a whole exciting world on skin. To me one of the best perfumes ever. Miss it so much...

SPOILEDnose

u can find it sometimes on ebay, but horrible expensive:((

jazz444
jazz444

Read the notes--you just want to drink it straight from the bottle! What a whirlwind of delicious notes that competed--but also collaborated--so well on my skin.

The milky rose, sweetened by rosewood and coconut, deepened by a coy cedar...

This is a love affair in a bottle.

oopsfauxpas
oopsfauxpas

well, like everybody else, i agree that it's a love or hate experience.

i have suspected for a long time that i must suffer (or enjoy) multiple personalities. it seems that they exchange places with each other from time to time, each getting a chance to twang that little rubber band that puts my brain in motion, and then they get to spin the unattached steering wheel to admire their driving skills.

all of them seemed to get a turn at the same time with le feu etc, which i think should be called le fugue d'issey.

i absolutely loathe it for a full hour - maybe 2. and then i totally love it. and i can't make out one "single" smell to save my bloody life, except, during the love phase, something in the vague "oriental" category. that's hardly definitive.

i have tried to categorize the tumult of odiferous carnage that comes out of that pool ball on acid when it erupts into the air, and onto my skin. can't do it. i do not know what the hell is going on.

i don't smell anise, which has never wafted with ANYTHING other than a fully engaged weapon of mass destruction into my poor nosebone. and if i can't pick that out, i'm obviously at a complete, utter loss.

it's as if my nose were an agorophobic, who went to bed in it's safe, comfortable and always lived in home, only to wake up in the mall in my imagination that i call RUSH HOUR IN NEW YORK CITY SHOPERAMA, on the friday after thanksgiving at around 11:00 am. assault on the senses doesn't even begin.

as i'm still only in my first "fugue d'issey" state, i really don't have any idea how to explain what i like in hour 2. i'd say i was at a loss for words, but the preceding drivel makes that out of the question.

i AM at a loss for how to explain this concoction. maybe i'll figure it out someday. if i do, you know i'll be back. bad penny syndrome.

one thing i can say for sure: you cigar smokers? what in the name of all that grows in nature or in an illegal lab are you smoking? whatever it is, i think you're smoking A LOT of it before scent application, because you are already in one heck of a fugue state if issey's fugue smells like it just popped out of the humidor. (before anyone takes that amiss: it's meant to be funny. and i take as good as i give. please refer to beginning of this novelette in which i describe my brain as being operated by elastic bands and an unattached steering wheel driven by multiples. if that doesn't do it for you, at least give me credit for choosing the moniker oopsfauxpas for good reason.)

hope i can still smell AT ALL when this fugue in wacky issey majorly major is finished.

Queen_cupcake
Queen_cupcake

From reading the many reviews on this fragrance, I can see that it provokes strong reactions in most people--either love or hate. I sampled Feu d'Issey a couple of times and it just did not work for me. The opening was really strange, like pickled peppers and cough drops. After an hour or two, I got a warm woods smell but for me it was not worth the wait. I usually like spicy, oriental, woods and incense. This was just too odd. The only true scrubber I've experienced to date. I understand that it is now discontinued. Sorry for those of you who love it.

Hilaire

I adore this perfume, it's tenebrous and sultry, and yet it hums and scintillates with a unique inner magnetism.

There's a deep liquorous Rose heart with bright fizzing electric top notes of Anise and Coriander which suggest gustatory delights, but which never quite develop into anything edible, despite having taken time to make your mouth water.

Whenever I wore this people would sniff at me, in the vast majority of cases they would do so appreciatively or often with an air of confused wonderment, far less frequently they would seem disconcerted. It never failed to garner comment, negative or positive.

What I remember most about it though was how unique and completely different to anything I'd ever smelt it was, and how well it seemed to suit me.

Savoury and sweet, tart and lushous , not aromatic and yet not floral, this perfume is more than the sum of its parts and is also something quite divorced from them too. I detect its influence in dozens of fragrances which are not its equal which have been formulated since its discontinuation. I miss it very much.

Bewitching.

kerini
kerini

I overdosed on rotting leaves stink and when I died some higher power sent me to flower hell because they mistook me for a dead plant.
After I managed to bring the mistake to their attention (an hour later) they made me wait in a room with the other misplaced parties: anise (a lot of it), jasmine and rose (out of place because still alive) and a milky substance. If they'd been a person sitting next to me on the bus I would have fled.
3 hours later we were finally released. On my way home I was accompanied by the anise, it followed me like a lost puppy until it found itself a nice little coriander puppy. I watched them play on a flower meadow that was also used as a kitty litter box. From afar it was almost bearable. Deep down hidden in the base notes I found some sandalwood. Eventually after 6 hours I was through with that unpleasant experience.

It stinks! It's pungent and obtrusive and please just keep it away from me.

RkrChk
RkrChk

At first sniff, I smelled the worst bug spray, vitamin stink & cat pee...Now, it's wafting a woody, peppery scent...I hope it gets better because of all the good reviews it's gotten from y'all...Luckily, I found a small vial on ebay and didn't invest in a large [now hard-to-find] size...

Sissi
Sissi

If the sun had a scent this will be it's scent the opening is of dry Mahogany
almost gives you an impression of a dry
desert with sun cracked ground of dark crevices and sand blowing in the hot air.
The spiciness of Coriander leaf and the anise seed makes a nice scent in a likeness of Rye Bread' and the powdery
finish of the top note of rose.

The wood notes drowns out the delicate
lily that makes it hard to detect Jasmine with it's Semi-masculine scent
makes a nice presence but what captures me the most is the drydown of pure creamy milk Coconut flakes and Caramel
makes it Delectable and ends with it's semi sweet vanilla warm amber fiery sandalwood exotic guaiac woods and sharp cedarwood.

This has to be the only versatile fragrance in my collection it can change
from dry and smoky to sweet and creamy like the changling i have an sample right now and i just love the glowing
orange sun motif it brings out alot of energy.

Kamicha
Kamicha

I still have some remains left of this my all time favorite scent (so far). I remember getting it from the local supermarket when desperately pondering with the dilemma where to put all my money (haha). Anyway the kind salesperson helped me and persuaded me to take one of the last bottles of this nectar - a thing I usually don't let happen to me, but this person was exceptionally attentive and kind. (Perhaps she just wanted to get rid of the remaining stock of this. Too bad I did not take the largest bottle of it.)

To be honest I was not instantly in love with the juice, the heady pepper and bitter grapefruit (I'm sure that there is grapefruit) attacked bit hard with the other spices, vitamin tablet and dying leaves... But gradually I started to appreciate the complexity of this scent, the milkiness of it is very soothing and the sweetness almost tames down the zesty notes - when at same time it exudes warmth and restrained spicy energy, bubbling, bursting. The drydown is exceptionally beautiful amber-woody mix where almost all of the weirdly well mixing notes have their final word. On the whole lifeline the scent takes twists and turns, tickling my imagination and keeping my senses awake. The sillage is also very unique, I got so many compliments when wearing this. And my clothes smell heavenly when they have been in contact with LeFeu.

The only minus is the bottle - whatever prizes it has won it is still a piece of ugly plastic crap in my eyes.

Please bring this back! Please!

hapa
hapa

After reading all the reviews on this fragrance, I had to track some down and try it. I have a vague recollection of trying this about 7 years ago and liking it but not being moved by it. Now, however, and maybe this is because it isn't readily available, I'm loving this. It is sweet but not in a corn syrup way. I can smell the heat from what is a very clean wood being burned. It is a gentle fragrance and not easily defined or explained but it keeps your interest and is always changing. When you think you have identified one note, it discreetly segues into the next. The rave reviews are a good indicator of what a fine fragrance this is and I'll admit I lack the expertise necessary to articulate in words how fabulous this fragrance is.

mllefantine
mllefantine

I wore this several years ago when I was much younger, as my "signature scent." I loved the exotic, fresh, spicy smell. Nowadays I tend to gravitate more towards a fresh, floral fruity type perfume, but I still enjoy Le Feu.

guest_Iona
guest_Iona

My boyfriend bought it for me when i said i wanted LEAU DISSEY and i was really annoyed as i didnt like it at all at first, but now it just smells like love!

guest_;0
guest_;0

Sexy fragrance. Fabulous scent. ;00 Please, return it back. I keep just few drops for special events.

guest_just have to say that
guest_just have to say that

shhhhh.... well i just come in to tell you my secret, when i put this perfume i had my first" Multi orgazma" and its worked again and again ...really startup
you must try it! .. ( nathaliZ - maybe you had spoild bottle? )

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Gorgeous,warm,milky with a dry wood smoke hint. It plays with you during many hours and gives you pleasure, real pleasure!
This is definitely a masterpiece. The layers of different accords, that leads to exotic, "unusual melody", that everybody want to play, but only a few can. This perfume alone worth at least 10 or more other perfumes! It was totally "new" aroma back when it was issued and absolutely "unusual" until nowadays!No similarities with any other brands!Too bad it discontinued, but good for those ones, who posses this treasure.

guest_Sylvie
guest_Sylvie

Does anybody know how to get this lovely perfume?

I want my favourite scent back, but can't buy in anywhere...

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

this smells really strange, very woodsy and milky, but I am drawn to it!! I have just sprayed it and the woods are very strong yet I can smell creamy milk. It does kind of remind me of a cigar. Very interesting and unique scent; I will need to smell it later once it calms down to determine if I go on the hunt for a full bottle or not.

The Esence
The Esence

A very interesting mixture of scents for who likes a strong,elegant,sexy, interesting smell. I love it! And I'm very dissapointed that is so hard to find. So pitty!

I had this perfume but unfortunately you can's find it anywhere...This was without a doubt the best perfume ever..every time I wore someone wanted to know what it was and where to get it. I wish it was that easy!!

lillybee
lillybee

The first spicy notes of the coriander and star anise that dominate remind me of the start of Kingdom Eau de Parfum (Alexander McQueen) also made by the same perfumer, Jaques Cavallier.

This is followed by an unusual powdery feel I can only describe as powdered woods and milk that are blending in with the spices. This later transforms itself into a fresh, floral composition tinted with fragrant spices that sit on a sheer and transparent powdery veil.

The base notes are the sweetest part of the fragrance with a mixture of soft, oriental notes and the still present milky - woody ones. My impression was like having a cup of spiced milk that was heated on charcoal wood. There's a light smokiness lurking underneath that gives some depth and darkness to the drydown.

If you like unusual spicy - woody oriental fragrances that are smooth, not too sweet, not too sharp but have a dominant spicy feel, you've probably heard of / worn Le Feu d'Issey and haven't found anything remotely similar to it.

A shame that it's been discontinued, its little sister, Le Feu d'Issey Light Eau de Toilette, is similar but also different in certain ways however its staying power is quite poor.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Have you ever experienced a physical pain so bad that it made you sick??? This is like a kick in the crotch...with steel-toe boots. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why everyone likes this fragrance so much. I can usually learn to like many unique fragrances...but this one, on ME, is beyond unusual. In fact, it's putrid. It really must HATE my skin bec. I definitely do NOT get what everyone else is smelling. The notes of milk and coconut drew me in....but I have yet to smell either one. I cannot distinguish any of the notes at the moment. To be honest...I'm already at the point where I don't even WANT to.

The only good thing about this (though for me, it's terrible) is that the sillage is excellent and so is the lasting power. I've tried scrubbing it off 3 times and it's still clinging to every pore on my hand! Where's ammonia when I need it?

Malegria
Malegria

Very unusual, sharp...the scent that stands out - and unfortunately not for me, at least for now...The scent reminds me of a ski polish cream, a scent I dearly love but can`t imagine wearing on my skin - not until I will have some serious personality change. I also feel prunes, wood shavings, the scent of wood polish.The carpenter shop was mentioned before - that`s it! I see this scent on a curly redhead with milky skin, wearing Vivienne Westwood corsettes.

Juliette has a gun
Juliette has a gun

Gorgeous, original scent. Absolutely agree with Rebella - one should write to Issey Miyaké or the company behind and urge them to relaunch this.
It is special and as a very individual touch to it - something I miss in many other creations.

rebella
rebella

Finally I´ve got a chanse to test this, thanks to dear F_A.

I have L'Feu de Issey light and like it a lot, and find this very similar but also very different.

L'Feu de Issey is like being on a beautiful tropical beach in the late afternoon. You´re skin smells of salt water, some remainings of a luxury suntan lotion, and a little of the warmth of your skin, around your neck you have a necklase made of fresh tropical flowers... the ocean surrounding the wonderful island smells salty and full of life... You stroll on the beach with the waves around your feets and reaches your beautiful private bungalow. You sit down at the veranda, having a refreshing drink and watch the sunset, from some other bungalow you can smell some one smoking a fine cigar... You can feel the smell from the sunwarmth wooden furniture and the djungel right outside you´re bunglow... You feel like you´re in paradise... Oh, please make this scent last for a really long time!

Yes, it´s longlasting and one of the most comfortable perfumes I´ve smell. I cant at all understand why they stop making this???

If L'Feu de Issey Light is sunshine in a bottle (oh, yes it is and I like it still) somehow collected after a long day in the sun at a beach at the baltic sea, L'Feu de Issey is also sunshine in a bottle, but a different sunshine, the sunshine from magical resorts in a tropical paradise... A day at the beach is a day at the beach, no matter wheres the beach is, but I guess most people would love to be transfered to that magical tropic beach, at least in their imagination. L'Feu de Issey does that!

Please, try it if you can get a chanse. And then I suggest we all write a kind letter to Issey Miyake and begging to put this masterpiece back in production!

Elisabeth
Elisabeth

My scent. I have used this perfume since I found it and fell in love with it 10 yrs ago- even bought the last bottles available in my cntry- still two to go. very special scent- first strong, then slowly melts into something warm and sensuous yet a deliciously orangeish afterglow-kids love it, young men love it, mature man loves it.
the bottle compliments the scent.
only scent I ever bought more than once- too bad they stopped producing. Info from Miyake salesrep. was they sold too little, it was "too special".

glitteralex
glitteralex

Sorry to say I find this perfume dischordantly busy. Lots of fruit, food, and spice atop a woodsy base. Interesting, yes, but on me it had an overripe fruit smell that made me run to wash it off. One friend did like it on me, while another made a face like this :p

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I am sampling this fragrance today and I CANNOT believe such a fantastic scent could be discontinued! Why, oh why?

Warm, fiery, toasty, spicy, milky, peppery, and even sweet...this perfume is so many things all at once. I can't even pick out distinguished notes to describe it. Very well-balanced, long-lasting (5+ hours), and most excellent in the winter!

Now, does anyone know where I can find a full bottle of this?!

azuriiita

These days I had a reconciliation with this perfume :) Im very happy to have it.
Its perfect on my skin, and makes me feel confident. So good! :)
The drydown: sensual and comforting :)

Carla
Carla

Are cigars your thing? Not mine! Do you like the scent of cigars? Not at all! How about a fine Cuban cigar with it's mild hint of rum or a supreme British Dunhill with it's soothing quality of coffee, caramel and woody tones? Yes! Now that's what I'm talking about!
Le Feu d' lssey will light your fire and will make you feel like you just exited a trendy cosmopolitan cigar bar.The initial take off is wild but hang in there until you reach the center with it's floral feminine composition of the jazzy jasmine and sweetness of the milky caramel. In the final chapter your convinced you made an excellent choice with the lasting presence of the woody notes and sensuous vanilla. It's sexy, torrid and dangerously different.
This premeire version is scarce and hard to find but it definitely should be back in play so Myake, encore please!

azuriiita

Its one of the most long lasting perfumes i ever smelled.
Its feminine in a very sensuous way!!!
Warm, comfortable, distinctive, too pleasant!!!... Its can make me feel happy :D and confident
This is the impression i have about Le Feu d'Issey years ago... I still want it!!!

0_o
0_o

Wow..... This perfume is amazing! At start it's strong and it smells like car tires and cigars or something, but already there's a hint of sweet rose. It develops to a very warm scent without being too sweet. It lasts very long, I've put it on yesterday and I can still smell it! It's a nice sweet flowery scent now. This is really my favorite perfume!

jredman
jredman

they need to bring this one back. I am lucky as I have a good size bottle and the lotion to go with it. I bought it at Sephora. At the time it came out, the floral-fruity stuff was taking off. I think they gave up to soon. It def. would attract more attention now as it is more in style but still unique.

Aysu
Aysu

At first it smelled like Vitamin B complex on my skin :-) Then turned into a nice creamy and citrusy scent. I really like it but not available anymore.. Lighter version is still available and it is not a faint one, quite similar and more creamy..

guest_Jampot
guest_Jampot

I still miss this perfume and have never found anything else to quite replace it. please relaunch - it has such meaning for me and for so many others.

SPOILEDnose

WHY THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE???
It was the best!!! SO UNIQUE, so strong, so sexy and full of fire!!! NEVER i became SO MANY COMPLIMENTS with a smell NEVER, it makes man totally crazy when they smell it, it gives you a FULL SEXY WOMAN - mood, what a shame, it was the most favorite smell i ever had, i would pay 150 Euros for it when they bring it out again... Mr.Miyake PLEASE!!!! I beg you !!!!

Sensuos
Sensuos

It really was discontinued????
Too bad ...

F_A
F_A

Big sister of Etro "Etra". Love its fruity-milky scent that turns into the milky sweet cigar smoke scent. Absolutely fabulous perfume, incomparable to anything - can't stay indifferent to this fragrance.Pity it's discontinued...I treasure every little drop of it.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

I tested this years ago when I was 15 years old and Le Feau d'Issey was just released.

At that time I was impressed about the putrid smell of it, but the development was really nice. But, I had no previous experiences with perfumery and maybe, nowadays, I'd find it a masterpiece.

Unfortunately, it was discontinued and can only be found at very high prices at Ebay. Why do they always discontinue gems like this?

chachaheels
chachaheels

Complex, unusual, heady and warm and very, very sexy.

randik
randik

This has to be one of the most special perfumes I have ever tried on! It smells like a cigar(!) at frist; extremely strong, and I would never dream it would transform into such a comfortable, sexy scent. But it does.

Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake 4.11 out of 5 based on 376 ratings and 115 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.