Designers » I-K » Oriental « Groups

Rausch J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin for women and men
dislike

oud
Rausch J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin for women and men Pictures

Rausch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. Rausch was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Veronique Nyberg. The fragrance features cypriol oil or nagarmotha, patchouli, agarwood (oud), amber, sandalwood and vanilla.

Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha Patchouli Agarwood (Oud) Amber Sandalwood Vanilla

Black XS
Black XS L'Exces for Him

Rausch Fragrance Reviews

Gault
Gault

stephan: more like Black XS l'Exces.

Bbjr
Bbjr

Does anyone know if you can buy this if you live in the U.S.?

Vlud
Vlud

Extremely sensual, you can feel a magic blend of oud, amber and vanilla which triggers pure lust. One of my favourites, a pure gem, it was also a blind buy for me and it's simply a unique scent!
Very good performance as well... a masterpiece!

ScentFalcon
ScentFalcon

To my nose, this is sex in a bottle. And not the kind of sex you'd have after a night out, just for the sake of sex, but the kind of sex you have with someone you have incredible chemistry with. Someone you've been longing for, for a while.

It's dirty, it's sweet, it's musky. It's manly. Or is it feminine?

That's the thing: Not everyone can pull this one off. It's the kind of scent that will choose you, and not the other way round. I never buy a perfume at first sniff, but that's how long it took me before I had to make this scent my signature perfume. I felt as though I just had no other choice.

This is also not the kind of perfume you want to smell on a strip of paper - it needs to be on your skin. If you're right for it, it'll let you know.

babydoll77
babydoll77

This smells like a watery strawberry scent - once again, think 80s Strawberry Shortcake doll type of magic. Great scent to have in your toy box and not on your person - unless you're under 12.

stephan
stephan

I can smell a FRUIT (citrus? pineapple?). Rausch smells like a smoky candied fruit. This fruit is not listed, but it reminds me of Black XS (not kidding) and Oud Immortel Byredo. The sandalwood is there, but it's hidden by the other notes. After a shower, you will be left with some ambroxan on your skin. The worst part happens if you go to bed without showering. In the morning, the remaining skin scent is identical to dried saliva of a smoker. But on clothes, the dry down is divine. The opening is gorgeous. This is not a sillage monster. My colleagues didn't smell my 4 sprays, they had to come close. They said the Jubilation I wore the day before (also 4 sprays) was much more potent.

EDIT: This stuff has incredible longevity. I did not shower. 16 hours after application, I sprayed some Déclaration d'un Soir before going to bed. This actually made Rausch reappear and projecting, and it is the only thing I could smell. So, as I said above, Rausch is not a projection monster but YOU will smell it all day long. Perhaps too special to be a signature, but too good so I will always have a bottle of it.

K1
K1

That's it. Oud must be like this addictive dry medicinal aroma. Rausch initiates so bold and loyal to realism of oud and patchouli. Do you know how they keep the reality of skanky sexiness? Cypriol is the answer. So the main theme of first hour is deep dark kinky woody with burnt sweet and smoky greenness of the grass. There's not a lot of material in the composition but there's lot of effort to keep the old wooden drawer smell of agarwood and transfer it to soft vanillic amber tone with old oud guy and milky sandalwood.

A mandatory, hundred percent worths a blind buy. In fact I suggest to do so and lets encounter how deliberately thick this perfume is. It's unanimalic oud, all vegetal yet brutal and beautiful. Strong over skin longevity, medium projection.
★★★★★

TillyWave
TillyWave

Adjectives for Rausch: Dry, smoky, bitter, woody.
Adjectives for Rausch drydown: Sweet, amber, incense, sultry, woody, patchouli.

You know you like those intense, woody, smoky, incense, in your face perfumes once in awhile. The problem is that they either remain too intense, or they wear that way for an hour and then disappear into nothing. Rausch does a great job at being full, intense, but then, subtly, it will change on your skin, and become sweeter, less dry and woody, with more amber and patchouli instead.

On the top I smell a ton of the Cypriol Oil, which is the same thing as Papyrus, which is papery, dry, and bit smoky on me. The Oud veers this close to being filthy, but never goes there, it remains incense-smoky but burns relatively clear. The sandalwood it present throughout. Raush stays like this for a good hour or two, and then slowly dries down, vanilla here, now a slightly floral patchouli, finishing into an addicting amber.

I would only wear a spray or two of this at a time, and if you're worried about offending anyone with your perfume, fear not, the drydown is very sweet and happy.

AnnaXXV
AnnaXXV

Rausch will not be ignored! I'm still getting to know this beautiful fragrance and find it irresistible. This works for me magnificently if worn with restraint. It's taken me several attempts to find the right number of sprays for my body (1) and the right location (low on the decolletage). My first wearing nearly ended in tears and included headaches and sneezing fits. As much as I am attracted to oud and incense, 3 sprays was way too much. I do wonder if I am sensitive to oud, or if perhaps it is the cypriol oil that caused that reaction? With a light hand, however, it is immediately gourmand on my skin, though far from edible, and, impossibly but I swear I feel it, a deep pulsing rose. The projection is almost embarrassing, not for the faint of heart or shy. I received a wonderful compliment from a young handsome man who described my scent as "vintage and something delicious" and would not stop sniffing the air around me. It's powerful and takes no prisoners, leans masculine, yet I know this works with my chemistry perfectly. The best news; at one spray per wearing, I've got a 50ml lifetime supply. A blind buy I am immensely happy to have in my wardrobe.

Migotka
Migotka

Much as I do not like classifying scents as masculine and feminine, and I welcome the idea of unisex, this is for me waaaay to manly to pull off.

The initial spritz is a blast of oudh and sandalwood and amber. It is a strong, powerful scent. It changes little throughout and remains pretty constant. I am not much of an oudh fan, so maybe this is why is does not impress me much and has a leather quality of it. I do not get much of the vanilla. I find it a bit tiring after a while. Maybe it is one of those scents that work well outside, but in my bedroom, I find it overwhelming.

Shibor
Shibor

Heavy amber, sweet vanilla and sandalwood are dominant in this scent.
Definitely worth a try simply because of its originality!
It's a bit too cloying for me, though.

Le_Coeur_Gothique
Le_Coeur_Gothique

This is a badass fragrance! It's like if Dirty English skips the part where it holds a razor against your throat, and promises that it will just beat you. For starters, it surely sounds kind of intimidating to a non-German speaker. I don't know, but if I'd say to someone "Dude, your perfume rocks! What is it?" and he answered "Rausch, Schwarzlose" I'd think that he has just told me to shut up and get lost. Or "Go back to your mother boy while you're still not crying!", if there was any lipstick on the lips that would have uttered the words. But I have a feeling that in the end, we would be best buddies, trying to bring drinking the bars dry under "Mission accomplished" status, so as to justify its name. Something tells me that its "meaning business" aura would be a blast combined with some 30 years old Talisker. Amber, oud and sandalwood, drenched in smoked and peated liquid gold. Can you think of anything better?...

Q80
Q80

this one when dries down turns extremely to The Dark Heart of Old Havana by 4160 Tuesdays. the smell of a smoker's mouth & his cotton shirt that has been soaked in Marlboro red smoking cigarette smoke when he wakes up in the morning after sleeping in 4x4 meters dark cold room, where you can smell the smokey cotton, smokey mouth, & mouthful coffee essence.
although with the top notes the dried fruits exists, but i wouldn't want to smell like that at all.

Roge'
Roge'

Veronique Nyberg whiffed on the naming of this bottle. Instead, this fragrance should be called, "You can't go a day without me."....I find this oriental to be spirit lifting, sensual, and relaxing. It didn't take long for me to realize that this was in the territory of Big Boy sillage. The combination of patchouli, amber and vanilla never smelled better. The aroma of vanilla bean paste glazed over cooked wood is more than enough reason to crack the head of the piggy bank. The Scentstory comparisons are true but it isn't the same back up when the real fragrance is in front of you.

BLIND BUY WORTHY

Elenany
Elenany

It does not really work on my skin, but I love it on others! It is dark, yet fresh with the patchouli and smells like nothing else! really special and luxurious! on clothes it stays for days and the projection is really good!

d_l_esmond
d_l_esmond

Definitely contemporary in style and composition. It is a sharp, medicinal amber, followed by some oud and green, citrusy greenness. I find most ambers quite cloying and sweetish, but this one goes in a different direction. There is a lot of similarity with Trance and the base for the other three of fragrances of the house. Very long lasting, good projection. While it is somewhat linear and not particularly complex, it is still fairly interesting. Maybe more suited for younger people. Overall, 6.5 out of 10.

productofitaly
productofitaly

Overall a very voluptuous, bold and dark fragrance, which in the beginning sparkles with some glistening, almost electric amplitudes over the simmering oud/cypriol blend...
To my nose RAUSCH is somehow related to scents such as Duro, Baudelaire or Carner Cuir, but with some extra weirdness, though not really a good one. Strong tendencies of being way too cloying and annoying.
Olfactory equivalent to a night out at the Berghain... To each his own.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Rausch fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Rausch, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rausch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rausch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.