Designers » I-K » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Arabian Nights Jacques Bogart for men

Arabian Nights Jacques Bogart for men
dislike

Jacques Bogart is launching a new fragrance to reveal secrets of Arabian nights through an oriental-fougere-musky story which begins in 2010. This intense composition as bright as the sun aims at man who seduces and attracts attention.

Dark flacon of Arabian Nights is decorated with a golden top and letters, which accentuates the precious and luxurious composition. Its outer carton is also a combination of shiny black and golden nuances. This mysterious Arabian fairy-tale begins with spicy aromas of cardamom, cumin and petit grain. A passionate heart is a blend of patchouli and precious wood, while the essence of Arabian Nights is rounded up with white musk, cedar, vetiver and moss.

Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights has been available since 2010, as 50 and 100ml EDT.

Petitgrain Cardamom Caraway

Patchouli Woodsy Notes

vetyver Musk oak moss Virginia Cedar

Arabian Nights Fragrance Reviews

IngSoc274
IngSoc274

Pleasant, bazooka flavored bubble gum scent layered jasmine and tuberose. Easily unisex. Structure of scent much more common with women than men.

Unlike Kouros, there is no civet here; otherwise, my cat would get excited and begin licking my arm.

Lasts a long time and decent projection. Worth the 15 bucks I spent on eBay.

sanzioonofre

After wearing this very often I can say it is a white floral-like fragrance. It is like rotting tuberoses in a civet tincture. First I get the fecal civet-like top notes (a bad breathe effect like in Jicky top notes) and then the ultra sweet rotting tuberose-like smell from the begining to the dry down. It is quite linear and the base notes are just a very mild musky smell with the 'tuberose' traces. I detect no woods, no spices (maybe a sweet cardamom) just the mentioned dead sweet flower effect. Do I like this? I do.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I get a lot of leather and fecal notes with spicy undertones. Last all day and then some but not my type at all

Cassiano
Cassiano

Just as Riviera Nights, this one was also released in 2010 by Jacques Bogart and is part of the line called "nights", which aims to bottle the feeling of the nights from some particular place in the globe, transporting its user to a place of seduction and sensuality.

In this creation, the aim was to bring the warmth and opulence of the Arabian nights, through a composition built by output notes of cardamom, caraway (from the family of cumin) and petitgrain (which is the essential oil extracted from orange green leaves). In the heart of the fragrance, incense, hardwoods, floral accord and patchouli; at the base, white musk, Moss, cedar and vetiver. Some say that there is vanilla or tonka bean on the bottom too.

As with Bogart Story Red, Arabian Nights has a more pungent aroma, those who scare right off the bat. In the first one, the tone is medicinal, whereas in this one, the nuance is more like something synthetic and plastic. The output is intense and full of incense and the fragrance doesn't change much during its evolution on the skin. Mostly revolves around the heart notes and, after a few hours, the musk begins to appear. Unlike Riviera Nights, this one isn't so easy to please.

In addition, there are numerous comparisons between Arabian Nights and Reflection (niche scent from Amouage). They say that Reflection is even sweeter, but they are very similar. But the truth is that the elitists will never admit such similarity, which is silly.

And another note that I do is about the criticisms I've read regarding the name of the fragrance, because there's no OUD in the composition, so there's nothing of Arabic. Pure stupidity!
The Arab perfumes became famous worldwide because of its exotic notes of spices and, mainly, high quality incense such as frankincense. The agarwood is not so old in perfumery and became a trend a few years back. So, in my opinion, the name was very well chosen for the proposal of the fragrance.

The bottle keeps the same visual identity of the line and both projection and longevity are fantastic. Within the limited freedom of creativity of designer perfumes, Bogart was able to launch something very close to the niches, saved the proper proportions.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Gave mine away to chauffeur, I can't stand the incense it's too overpowering. I keep the city tower and original bogart for man better.

roseombre
roseombre

This is surely original.
But not in a good way.
This is not so musky as people says. I wish there was more. And if it is fecal is not in a round smooth way but in a pungent astringent way. The Petit grain and cardamom fight with the other notes and they unlukily win. Unbalanced.
No arabian at all.
Not a sane blind buy choice.

sanzioonofre

Grapes and animal notes. Take the fruity, sweet grape sensation from Silver scent and add it to the animalic, fecal notes of Kouros or Joy. Voilá! Arabian Nights is a very exotic fragrance and it pleases me so much! It is a pity I cannot find it in Brazil! I love this kind of scent! It belongs to the same Bal à Versailles, Kouros, Joy and Jicky big family. Not that they are similar in smell but in dirtiness and sex appeal. They are so human, nasty, luxurious and decadent!

jamiehammond1980
jamiehammond1980

I find this one of the most awful concoctions. I could not wear this I gave it a go on a few occasions and just ended up with a bad headache and a vomit inducing aroma and nearly did a rusty brap in my knick knox.

mshilov
mshilov

Extraordinary alien in a men's perfume universe: opulent, dark, luxurious. Sexy but not sugary sweet like modern creations by Paco Rabanne etc. Sillage and lasting power are amazing. The perfect enveloping evening fragrance for a night out, can be also worn with a business suit by confident men who know how to wear Egoïste, Yatagan, and Joop! Homme.

X fragrant
X fragrant

Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart...a Spicy Animalic with a killer opening.

It becomes perfect, linear as a spicy woody and REALLY musky chocolate aroma that reminds me of cacao fondue.

Perfectly blended, possessing beast projection and sillage. The musk (faint fecal hint) in this is very aromatic and will fill a room efficiently.

This along with One Man Show Gold heavily remind the Middle East, IMO

NickE ReauX
NickE ReauX

Welp.. I have to say all you fine folks here at Fragrantica have inspired me to maaaadness..and what a fine madness it is...after hours of reading many interesting,amusing and occasionally puzzling reviews here ( this site provides endless entertainment and information- to the originators a huge bravo!) I threw money at Ebay/Amazon and was rewarded this past weekend with the arrival of 9 different fragrances plus another bottle of my beloved Encre Noir (still battling it out with Fahrenheit to be my signature fragrance).. 4 of those joys were from The House That Jacques Built- Bogart's One Man Show Gold,Witness,City Tower and Arabian Nights. While I believe there can be a correlation between Cost and Quality, I don't find that same correlation between Cost and Pleasure; more buck does not always mean more bang and happily for me the Bogart offerings prove to be both very reasonable and very enjoyable. I was expecting the One Man Show Gold to be the Thermonuclear Experience;indeed,I was looking forward to it the way you anticipate the wildest coaster at a Six Flags Park. However, though it was definitely satisfying(review to come) the true Radioactivity was found in Arabian Nights. I began cautiously with 4 light sprays to neck/elbow crook and immediately got punched in the face with musk; for a moment I saw money swirling down the drain . But just a minute or 2 later I was enveloped in a wonderful,warm spiciness that still remained rooted to the ground by the patchouli and wood notes; I have no idea what petit grain smells like but I assume it was in the mix somewhere. The musk was loudly sweet at first, but as the night moved on it calmed down to a soft hum staying fairly close to my skin while the spices/woods floated on top and radiated out into the air. The 4 sprays lasted most of my 8 hours at work;next time I'm going to be more liberal with it and hopefully get more time and projection. Arabian Nights proved to be an utter delight and a wise buy; I know I'll wear it often enough that I'm already putting another bottle into the basket at Ebay and feeling it's a moderate sum well spent.. on that note I will admit there is a price point at which the bottom of the barrel is being scraped and there is no joy to be had .. in a fit of whimsy I purchased something called Tarragon Noir on Ebay for the dubious amount of $2.75..I can recommend it as a very effective paint remover simply because any self-respecting paint would throw up it's hands and run away screaming... have a faboo night,all, and Caveat that Emptor ..

Porgio
Porgio

I want to start by saying, this is unique. The musk is immediately identifiable even in the first boff of this fragrance. The cardamom is there but in my opinion gives way to the musk after about 15 minutes of application. Yes it's musky to the point of sweet stickiness and yes it's incredibly potent, but not forever. Wait for the dry down on this bad boy and you're in for a world of warm comforting sexiness. The sprayer sounds like a deodorant can spritz, this sprays like hose.
I like it, 7.5/10.

junior halston
junior halston

This stuff stinks not in bad way but in a fecal way. Noway not for me.

kl99
kl99

The first time was a shock. To my nose it was a flash between an oriental axilla, and spick & span.

I still not sure about to how classify this fragrance.

The reason must be that this creature is not complete.

If there was a story about a fragrance launched on the market by mistake because not totally finished yet: I would say "must be Arabian Night!"

As perfume it's a bit Naked, experimental, or a parfum deprived of some elements, some arms.
In fact it reminds me Silver Scent, but distorted, cutted, and stretched somehow.

But someway (as I bought it by mistake, I saw it on ebay and I made confusion with the jesus del pozo ones, that I wanted because of the listed notes!), I was courious to wear it in public even to see the reaction of the others and to give it more chances. So now I get used to it, and, well, I have to say that seems to have beside you an oriental friend, and the name should be "indian days" cause of that smell of those seeds that you are offered after a lunch into an indian restaurant, or the smell of indians fornitures. can't say exactly. but those impressions you know?!
I admit i don't wear it often, but (as uncomplete) I found a mix with another fragrance that works a lot..

babak125
babak125

واقعا بد بو و ماندگاری زیاد داره
بوی فاضلاب میده.نا امیدم کرد
حتما باید یه شیشه دیگه رو تست کنم.چون احتمالا اینی که من دارم با این بوی گندش باید فاسد شده باشه

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

A sickening sweet composition overloaded with white musk. Some have compared it to Reflection Man. Well, take every good quality of Reflection Man, invert them, and amplify them and you'll get Arabian Nights. Sweet, plastic, linear and unbalanced. Avoid!

csac18
csac18

the fragrance Arabian Nights by J. Bogart is an average scent with little layering and lacking plasticity in its heart. The first opening when You spray it on Your wrist, reminds me of Silver Scent, then it changes immediately to its predominance of its woodsy notes. Notes that I expected to be much much stronger for a fragrance that bears its name. More woodsy notes and more fire and plasticity would have been lovely. All in all a little disappointing but still a fragrance You can wear on a nights out dressing an elegant black blazer combined with light blue jeans.

owaisk
owaisk

At first I always thought Bogart fragrances were very cheap and not worth buying. I always categorized them as the fragrances found in supermarkets etc. But out of curiosity I tried Arabian Nights. I was very impressed and it blew my mind. When you first spray it, it smells awful. But, give it 5 mins and you got an awesome fragrance. Now this is the only thing that I wear all the time. Its not only awesome but light on your wallet too.

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

i have it !
it is realy beautifuk and arabian romantic scent, but unfortunatly it is really weak, i think it is too weak maybe to suit occidental norms, nowadays western people dosnt like strong oriental perfumes, but it is reaally long lasting, a romantic arabian nights perfume really afordable and good quality !!
only 45 euros for 100 ml, you must try it !

spookyjan

on updating this cologne as a few have messaged me on this..it suits my hubby who is in his late40s becauce it is strong an mellow,an mannish.however my son 22 is not a fan,as he likes fresh smells ,an this is far from that.

spookyjan

my hubby wears this an likes it its strong though,so use sparingly

Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart 3.87 out of 5 based on 53 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.