Designers » I-K » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

One Man Show Gold Edition Jacques Bogart for men

One Man Show Gold Edition Jacques Bogart for men
dislike

cinnamon

For all fans of Jacques Bogart's collection and particularly One Man Show edition from 1980, a new limited edition One Man Show Gold Edition was presented and announced as a modern and high quality edition.

Unlike the characteristic and very intense chypre antecedent, the new One Man Show Gold Edition provides an aromatic-fougere composition warmed by warm amber nuances.

The new limited fragrance attracts attention with its foamy and juicy sweet notes of mandarin and apples, enriched with violet flowers and orange blossom in top notes. A heart encompasses characteristic nuances of aromatic lavender and geranium spiced with cinnamon and cloves providing power and tart note. A base intertwines warm and pleasant woody accords, labdanum, ambergris and musk.

One Man Show Gold Edition is available in the same flacon shape as previous chypre edition One Man Show. The accent lies on black color and golden details. The fragrance aims at modern, contemporary and sophisticated man. It was introduced as limited edition 100 ml EDT. Edition: 2011.

Mandarin Orange Red Apple Anise Violet African Orange flower

One Man Show Gold Edition Fragrance Reviews

Rerik
Rerik

I bought OMS Gold blind.
Some reviews were saying that this resembles One Million by Paco Rabanne. Really, are you serious?
This has 0 to do with One Million, no even -1.
OMS Gold is a well blended Amber-Musk combination that reminds me a lot of Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent.
Also of Grant For Men by Elizabeth Grant.
Both are very musky-mossy perfumes. Very masculine.
OMS Gold starts with a salty, animalic smell and needs a lot of time to settle down to the earthy base.
Gold doesn´t need many sprays as Kouros does.
Projection and staying power seems to be similar.

Due to the similarities this is the best alternative for YSL Kouros - only without civet.

Conclusion:
Projection ~room filling
Staying Power ~feels like forever
Suggested Age ~40+

Vivek15
Vivek15

OK, so I tried one man show and gold edition side by side. Definitely stronger opening than OMS, opening note has apple mixed with a strong jasmine kind smell, may be it's that violet flower thing but definitely mixed with cinnamon and apple. It stays there for some 2 hours and then loads of lavender and that jasmine smell takes the stage. I get around 3 hours of good projection, better than OMS. Overall 6 to 7 hours of presence. It has the vibes of OMS but in a better and stronger ways. Definitely suitable for those in their 40s and above. Give a try and you won't get disappointed, but be easy on sprayer as you could clog those around you. I give:

3 stars for projection
3.5 stars for longevity
Overall 3.5 in my opinion

Dirt Dog
Dirt Dog

Bogart One Man Show Gold is one that is going to the off season shelf. It is a huge sausage gravy and biscuit breakfast.

If there is a first paragraph noteworthy thing to talk about with OMSG then it is the first line on the box. At the top of the box, in all caps it says and I quote, "HIGHLY CONCENTRATED". And to be honest about the matter, you probably should not consider this as advertising, or even as something informative; Its a warning. OMSG is a budget scent and you can easily find it under $20 and its not hard to find it for under $15. And yet, you could easily put it in niche bottles such as Slumberhouse that sell for $160 for a one ounce bottle and OMSG would kick Slumberhouse butt. I used to buy little sample packs of Slumberhouse for about $15. When I got 7 of them, I grabbed some 5 ml decants and filled each one with a different Slumberhouse scent. For $100 I had 30 ml of slumberhouse juice and 5 ml each from every scent in their line. Which I thought was a lot better deal than spending $160 for a single 30 ml bottle. Slumberhouse doesn't let you do that anymore but it was a good deal when you could find those packs for sale. And mind you, Slumberhouse makes huge bold powerhouse fragrances and 5 ml of a slumberhouse is a lot of juice. The point is that Bogart OMSG is in that category of concentration and probably stronger. I do not know of a single scent outside of the Bogart house, that is as concentrated and strong as OMSG.

As for scent, it is certainly above average and creeps into the good range. I find this competes with London for daily wear use and I far prefer Bogart OMSG. They both have strong amounts of cinnamon, lavender, woods, florals, and citrus but OMGS veers off into an Amber musk direction while London has tobacco and leather. For me, they sit side by side on the shelf for daily wear use. I wear London some. I like Bogart better.

When you talk about performance and projection, beast mode probably undersells the issue a bit here. OMSG is so strong that it almost knocks out my senses and I cannot smell it when I put it on. You can use 1/3rd of the amount of sprays of other fragrances and it still will last until you shower it off. It almost grows in performance and I feel that it smells bigger 2 hours after I put it on than when first applied. But I know that is because its so huge that the first application is an anosmiac punch in the nose. Cinnamon is just one of those notes that gives me different looks with different perspiration levels but it seems to dance around a bit better with OMSG than with a few others I could mention. Still cinnamon scents vary in performance and on colder days when I sweat less, OMSG is more polite and thats generally when I wear the thing.

As far as usage goes, I cannot even judge this. It comes in a big black bottle that you cannot see into and mind you this is a fragrance where a few sprays will do. I know that I used it a lot last year and a good amount this year and the bottle still seems full. I bought a backup bottle because I saw one for under $10 and the price to performance ratio for this fragrance is through the roof. And I purchased a used cologne lot on ebay that had a couple of discontinued frances that I wanted and came with a third bottle of OMSG as a bonus. So, Ive probbly spent $25 on this fragrance with a 2 decade supply of juice. I feel comfortable using it anytime or as much as I want to with little worry of running out before a we see 20 something on the years of a calender.

Oveall, I am going to grade this one out at 87. It gets perfect scores for value and perfect scores for performance and a solid good score for scent. I docked it a 1/3rd grade of points for an in the background generic synthetic note. Its hard to smell but its there if you try. And OMSG misses a rare grade of an A by narrow margin. I want to give this an excellent grade but sometimes the football hits the goalpost and does not go through and you miss those 3 points by a hair.

Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold has some amazing things going for it. Outside of other siblings from this amazing budget line, on a performance basis, it can stand toe to toe and throw punches with any fragrance of which I am familiar. You could put this in a Tom Ford Bottle send it out to certain you tube fragrance reviewers that I could mention and have them "test" it and they would report that this has top tier performance that you only get with niche quality fragrances like Tom Ford. And with performance like this it kind of drags the scent along for the ride. This has a rich amber oriental scent profile that is quite good. It has a hint of synthetic but most fragrances do these days and the ones that do not often do not perform like this one does.

I am 100% absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt convinced and certain of my opinion that you could put this in a prettier bottle, charge $100 an ounce and slap on a $350 price tag, and still find people that would rave about its strength, quality, wealth of scent, AND value. This easily has powerhouse performance and depth of scent that niche buyers who would never dream of looking at a budget scent, have never experienced. This guy is a Rocky punching slabs of meet ready to fight Apollo Creeds with their top tier training facilities. I doubt that there is a single line or house of fragrances that so often outperform their price tags as do Bogart Fragrances. I can talk budget fragrances with anybody but when you talk about ones that smell "mostly" natural and give you 12 hours of heavy performance the list gets smaller. Bogart is doing things you do not see with fragrances, and Im talking fragrances at any price level. And they are doing it while living in a budget category.

The only question really is how much you like the smell. There are plenty of others that like this Bogart better than that one or this fragrance better than another, and some might like Bogart Pour Homme and others One Man Show Ruby Edition. There are fragrances that I think smell a little bit more natural than does OMSG There are very few that both smell this good and perform this well and give you a depth of scent that lighter fragrances cannot measure up to when you compare them against it. And when you factor in price, the Bogarts start to look amazing. OMSG is not just another budget scent. It, along with its siblings is an absolute best of category fragrance contender when it comes to richness and performance. If you honestly like this scent as do I then it is a solid purchase to consider.

Im not a big fan of biscuits and gravy. My Grandfather used to say that it was the kind of breakfast that a man would eat and that would stick to your ribs and let you do a days work. He was right and biscuits and gravy are good and I like them. There are other breakfasts that I like more. But sometimes you want a breakfast that sticks with you. And biscuits are filling.

ISL
ISL

I recommend this one for the persons who are into 80's classical mannish style. just bought.

Ursalilium

It is indeed very strong and for the Haters i would say that they actually might be lucky as their skins are good carriers of this kind of scent. but it is a positive aspect, as if used properly one bottle of OMS Gold is going to last for ages. the simple and best advice with this one is just really being careful not to overdo it. it is my second review and after some time without using it i carefully sprayed one spray on each of my arms and done some serious spreading and rubbing to not allow the spraying spots remain concentrated in one location. yes it will have less projection in this way but since it so concentrated it will going to last some 12 hours.

@ Kelvin Tan

Is their something wrong with being Indian,Bangladeshi.......or for that matter any nationality, colour or ethnic background? Or their respective ethos?
I read you wrote about how you "hate" temple smells. Although I'm a Catholic myself, I believe that reviews shouldn't be kept biased towards any particular nationality, colour or race,and more importantly-religions ( and sentiments related to these various religions).
At least, not amongst this fragrant Fragrantica forum of scent-world!
Rest, I leave it up to the volition of my friends here- i.e. my well-informed readers here, to make a unanimous opinion, and thus,a firm decision regarding this.

Gudluck,
Happy-Sniffing,
Sam-Singer

blaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....
would not even use this as air freshner in my WC.

timkal69
timkal69

So I received my OMS Gold Edition yesterday and on first application it almost immediately reminded me of the opening in CK One Shock, then it quick changed and now it reminded me of For Him by NR... after an hour or so it evolves into this mature musky aura with hints of contemporary notes. The seems to be a note that messes it up for me in the opening, this note gives off a dated aura and I got it in Sculpture too. After some research I came to the conclusion it could be orange blossom, it seems to be the common denominator... its either that or maybe it could be geranium but its definitely one of the floral notes.

All in all OMS Gold Edition is a great fragrance, super strong just the way I like my fragrances. I tried laying it with Eau Des Baux and boy oh boy did I get such a refined composition of bold notes.

UPDATE: I've really tried to like this fragrance but I'm really struggling but will still keep it to be revisited in future.

alshujairy86
alshujairy86

I do not get why people are comparing this to Ruby Red Edition. They are completely different colognes. They other one is modern, sophisticated and distinctive.

Zeyad

For months, I tried to smell it in different moods, seasons, places. I can't stand it. not only cuz it is too strong, its scent even if it dried gets me a headache. I didn't think that I would ever hate a fragrance as I thought all fragrances are good in a way or another, but this one, I don't consider it as a fragrance.

RobbieX

As long as you don't overdo this, it's actually a great value, sweet, spicy nice fragrance.

free tibet

This is the worst fragrance of the house Bogart. It's really disgusting. I had two bottles and threw them in the trash. This scent was a big disappointment.

Castor
Castor

"Bombastic" is a very cautious term when it comes to describe this blend, I'd rather say nuclear. 1980's powerbombs are nothing compared to this. When applying it one has the sensation people will react in an aggresive fashion, it is by far the most boisterous scent I have ever smelt or tried.

It does not have anything to do with the original OMSh, this is more contemporary in terms of notes in fashion nowadays of the kind found in Paco Rabanne's One Million, Carolina Herrera 212 VIP, Antonio Bandera´s The Secret and The Golden Secret and Ted Lapidus Black Soul (I did not try its Golden edition, but I bet they must share the same aromachemicals).

In this case, its originality lies in that the blend morphs into darker notes, thus turning it into a very interesting scent, maybe due to the spices and the base notes. In this sense I regret the fruity top notes.

Overall, I have the feeling that the nose behind this blend wanted to deliver an extreme value for money, or better still, accomplishing in a mass market brand what many niche scents do, without much complexity.

Be aware this must be worn with abundant hair in chest, an open silk shirt and some solid gold chains. Accompay with a set of sport-bars-type lightly dressed girls and a tuned American sports car, preferibly, red. You get the idea...

Ursalilium

If You Ever Wondered in Your Wildest Fantasies how would You smell after a Sweaty 12 Hour Shift in a Gasoline Station, But the Grease and the Smoke had Prevented you from fulfilling your Fantasy. One Man Show Gold is Definitely the Scent for You!

chopshop
chopshop

This smelled harsh upon first application. I'm glad it dried down nicer. The florals have taken a back seat, they are still there but much more distant. The amber is very strong on this. I am starting to like it more as it matures on my skin. I wouldn't wear this out for the first 45 minutes. Now I'm enjoying it. At first I thought this smelled like someone pee'd their pants or urine/hospital smell.

**UPDATE: I was riding in the car with my wife and she asked "what is that smell?". When I held my wrist up for her inspection she smelled it (OMS Gold) and then did the universal signal of disgust by dry-heaving. This has a 180 degree effect on my love life this evening and I won't be celebrating this scent at this point. Trash can beckons.

**2ndUPDATE: In spite of this smiting my love life I have actually come to like JBOMSG. If you can imagine. This scent is very polarizing. Not many people who fall in between. I wear it in the evening when my wife already has a headache and no further damage is possible.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Everytime I wear or try a fragrance from this brand, the impression I have is that the fragrances are made by witches or sorcerers, on ancient cauldrons, in the same style of the cartoons of yesteryear and that, when finalized, they result in a massive explosion. I haven't known any creation of this House with weak power of projection or longevity. And in this case, specifically, the company was keen to put the inscription "highly concentrated" on the box.

This version of 2011 came as a special limited edition, 31 years after the launch of the original fragrance (in 1980). However, it is still in production, even after 4 years of its arrival to the market. I may be wrong, but its virile fragrance along with the prices charged by most of the stores, made the company change their minds in relation to the manufacture of a limited amount of bottles.

In the composition, top notes of apple, orange blossom, violet, Mandarin orange and a touch of anise. In the central part, notes of clove, cinnamon, geranium and lavender. Finally, at the bottom, notes of woods, labdanum, ambergris, musk and a touch of patchouli. In a way, I can identify the DNA of the original version in this creation, even after 3 decades. However, this one became more sophisticated, with fruity and spicy aspect, while the previous one was drier, with chypre-leathery facet, typical of that time.

I've read comments mentioning a lot of presence of apple and cinnamon. On my skin, the fragrance practically comes down to a mixture of the orange blossom with violets, in the output, evolving into a body of cloves (without the medicinal smell) with the soft powdery smell of the geranium, and a sweet and almost leathery base of labdanum, in conjunction with the wild side of musk.
To help, I will be very direct: who doesn't like the smell of Kouros, Lapidus or the strong aroma of orange blossom of Fleur du Male, won't enjoy this scent. Obviously, if you like one of these (or all), then you should put this golden version in your list of future tests.

In my opinion, the success of the evolution of this fragrance is related to the amount of sprays applied (as well as in fragrances of the same style). This means that more important than the weather or the occasion (in this case, cold weather and nighttime events), is the quantity to be applied. Particularly, I had a much better result when applied only 1 spray on each side of my neck. This allowed me to feel the scent exhaling for hours, evolving slowly, without assaulting the smell of others.

The projection and the lasting are absurd. You can wait at least 10 hours of duration on your skin. I don't agree with opinions about the use only by men above 50 years of age. But neither would I indicate this cologne for a young man of 18 years, except for those who are into this kind of fragrance.
To finish, the original bottle was kept, receiving a black matte painting with golden applications. Once again, the company managed to create an Eau de Toilette with power of Pure Parfum.

sam ldh

First of all hats off to Jacques Bogart house to have balls to have launched this Powerhouse in the times when 99% of perfume are made not to offend others! Its a modern representation of an 80 s classic, loud apple opening with cinnamony woody slightly soapy heart with same honey accord(not a note )& a woodier heart. Sparingly applied this perfume will get you comments (positive! )& will stay with you with loyalty no more available in all perfume released in the last 10 years particularly from costlier designer brands. If you wear Kouros, Quorum without hesitatations or reservations, you're going to love this inexpensive but high quality juice!
I gifted one to my Dad too! He loved it and thanked me for it.

P.S. Friends the Ruby & Oud Editions are great, too! You can check my sincere reviews on this website itself!
Gud luck!
Happy sniffing!

Alon
Alon

Very loud spicy sweet
Lasted on me more then 24 hours and a shower !!!!
Personally I didn't like it (to hevy snd sweet for me)
It got better and better as time passed.
Give it a try: it's cheap and lasts for ever- so if it suits your taste, it has the quality of a best perfume (longevity and silage)

RobbieX

Very powerful apple, amber and cinnamon fragrance. Smells lovely and is very sweet. Lovely matte black bottle. Use sparingly!

dmd63
dmd63

LOUD, LOUD, LOUD and LOUD. Brutal projection and great scent. Stays all day (many days) long. If you like Aramis and Kouros you´re gonna to love this. Be advised though, this is a very powerfull stuff.
All perfumes should be like this one here: projection, sillage and scent - 100%!!!!!!!

lovetribe
lovetribe

how do you say that this perfume smells bad? if it was a niche fragrance it would pay all the quadrplo and you would say that is a masterpiece. for me is a bold scent unlike any other and very polarizing. distinguishing between the mass.
ok is very special but leaves the bulk of the usual perfume. elegant but daring, incredible performance. Vabene both No formal meeting for a night club. I do not feel it will urine smells strange as you say. to try to get out from the crowd.

valentinocerca.amore
valentinocerca.amore

non capisco i giudizi negativi ,io trovo che sia un ottimo profumo molto potente e poco costoso. se fosse marchiato tom ford a 300 eu ci sarebbero un sacco di giudizi positivi.io trovo che sia un mix di acqua fahrenheit e declaration de cartier .i profumi sono come le canzoni , bisogna ascoltarle almeno 4 volte per capire se ti piace.

Dark-X
Dark-X

I'm sorry to say this, but this fragrance stinks!

I sprayed one spray on my jacket's left sleeve while I was shopping.

Next day, when I wanted to wear the jacket, I couldn't stand how horrible the left sleeve smelled! It was One Man Show Gold!

I couldn't tolerate bringing my left arm close to my face.

To it's credit, it has strong & lasting smell. I could smell something good beneath the stink, though. Not even YSL La Nuit could cover it.

& yeah, it's not the jacket itself. I maintain a very high hygiene standards.

MichelVaillant
MichelVaillant

(A general word of caution about my impressions of fragrances: I apply on clothes and not on skin.)

I will second Dimitrios' argument below. This is like those undiluted coolants that you need to mix 50/50 with water before putting in your car's radiator. Silage is enormous, and longevity is preposterous. This stays on clothes virtually forever. Having said that, it is quite possible to control this beast with careful application. And frankly, I would rather use a single-careful-spray-only fragrance than a gone-in-an-hour-after-20-sprays fragrance. Contemporary Bogart fragrances, (as well as the current offerings of a few other affordable men’s lines such as Lapidus,) are real anomalies in today's fragrance market when you consider the performance you get for the money you spent on them. This beauty here can be had for as little as $15 for a 100 ml bottle, and can last you years at couple sprays a day. This is the kind of performance you would only expect to get from an old-school powerhouse in its vintage formulation. I love Bogart for keeping the old-school powerhouse tradition and gusto alive. “Bogart, the house of powerhouse,” indeed!

Performance aside, this is not my favorite Bogart fragrance, although I like and quite enjoy it. This is quite a sweet fragrance. I would say it is fruity-sweet, rather than spicy-sweet or floral-sweet. To my nose, honey is a dominant theme in this fragrance, and I was surprised to see that it is not among the official notes. Actually, I get a distinct “honey smell” from this fragrance as opposed to just a “honey note” as you would find in several other fragrances that include honey as a note, such as Bijan and Alain Delon. But then again, Bogart is known for creating impressions of notes without actually using them in a fragrance, but instead through interaction of other notes. For example, consider the incense impression in Furyo without the use of incense as a note, or the tobacco impression in Bogart pour Homme (2004, not the 1975 original) without the use of tobacco. Beside the sweetness, this fragrance has the trademark “dirty+soapy” aspect you find in most Bogart fragrances, which gives it an extra old-school macho appeal. The “dirty+soapy” aspect becomes quite pronounced if you smell the fragrance up close after application.

free tibet

I do not like it so much. Bogart makes the best fragrances of the world, but this one is not that good. It's like a bloomy sweet version of the original.Extreme strong and long lasting. It's a matter of taste. Give it a try. The price is very cheap. Maybe you like it. I won't buy it again.

AlxEllis
AlxEllis

Far superior to the original in every way. Smell, performance and even bottle design trump the original.

I actually hated this stuff when I first got it, with the amount of hype people fave the original I bought this and sniffed it, I was not impressed, the smell and performance seemed terrible, but it turned out to be mostly olfactory fatigue, when I thought it was gone it was still pumping...VERY heavily.

What I'm going to say now will piss some people off, but here goes: The original is dead to me, the quality of the flankers such as this and OMS Ruby Edition are just too good and the original seems "cheap" and "unfinished" in comparison.

One Man Show Gold Edition is an excellent example of how a flanker is done, and it can be had pretty cheap too, definitely get your nose on this, it's not for the faint of heart...no...SERIOUSLY...it's NOT!...you've been warned!

Dimitrios
Dimitrios

nasty strong juice !!
dilute 50/50 with a frag that has no balls or perfumers alcohol & voila !!
you have something wearable & actually quite nice .

Zeyad

I love loud fragrances. I've tried Silver Scent from Bogart before which has the same reputation. I liked Silver Scent, then I said why not to try this one. I bought it blind buy online, and my review is:

***This fragrance is not for human, if even we consider it as fragrance ..*** one spray is enough for choking to death. I'd use it as a weapon. trust me this is come from loud fragrances fan.
it is just horrible.
تحذير* هذا الشي لا يصلح ان يستخدم كعطر

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

Sorry, but this is absolutely VILE, worse than cheap & nasty. Scrubbed my hand immediately! Straight to bin for this one. Lesson learned. Bargains are out there, such as Lalique perfumes, but not here. I will never waste my money on Bogard perfumes again. I'm not even sure this could be recycled as a bathroom freshener. Positive reviews for this one are way off the mark IMO.

Update: I did use this as a bathroom freshener, but the cheaply made and badly designed nozzle ensures that finger tips are coated with this obnoxious potion.
I could have bought Quorum Sliver for the same price, or for £5 more, a host of other great frags. I'm usually pretty upbeat and positive in my reviews, but this is so very bad.
If you want something to project all day to the world around you that "I have no taste, I am vulgar and may be masking poor personal hygiene", then this is the one for you! Most fragrance lovers would want to tell a different story about themselves.

Lex Ellis (YouTube Channel) does a great and amusing video review on this. Well worth viewing and subscribing :-)

IngSoc274
IngSoc274

First two hours difficult to endure because of the excessive dominant note; remaining 12 hours quite nice.

Decent longevity and projection, but no where enormous like the teenagers (living in mum's basement) would have you believe. Scent mildly resembles Dior Fahrenheit without the mechanic grease vibe.

Nearly every reviewer is getting this wrong: This is not cinnamon but it's wintergreen that dominates the scent. This scent reminds me of Irish Spring soap, with incense and pepper thrown on top. Slight creamy note as well, although I can't identify it.

I wish there was a disclaimer identifying the pranksters.

Inexpensive, clean smell balanced of incense and 2-3 sprays get me through work day-- this is $$$ well spent. 12 bucks on eBay for a 100ml.

da ladyz choice
da ladyz choice

Ha!, im going to buy this for somebody i dislike this Christmas!.
I hope it smells as bad as people say!

tumpabanerjee
tumpabanerjee

Firstly I think I'm d only female reviewing this scent. I hv collected so many floral, floral spicy Woody etc, that now somehow I look for something unique n different, this is my first purchase of men scent. Ok the perfume is too bold, heaviest of sillage n longevity. The perfume can stay on for more than 17 hrs. Jst one or two spray is enough. One needs to spray atleast a feet away. It's the most spicy scent, lots of cinnamon n clove, blended wid so many flowers. This does remind me of men born in 50's, old school yet so modern n unique. It's quiet cheap price n one can use the bottle for ages. Overall I give 7/10. For a female this perfume is very bold, winter type. Recommended for people who can carry this confidently..

jude1321
jude1321

Very powerful stuff. It has amazing lasting power, but I would classify the actual scent as...huh.....pretty good. Not all that memorable for me, but I do love Bogart's stuff...and u simply cannot beat the price. Overall, solid stuff if you are looking for a cheapie. But, not gonna blow your socks off by any stretch.

zinski19901
zinski19901

awesome cologne, great silliage and it lasts forever on me which is hard to do on my skin. I love the warm fruity scent and I can kind of smell some sweet bubble gum as well excellent job

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

iconoclast I love you...x
This is def a Bears fragrance,rich woody,spicy with enough sillage to knock you sideways.
Not one for Goldilocks to share!
I have been a big fan of JB One Man Show classic for many years,and that is powerful,but I had to try this Gold Edition as I was curious.
OMG!
Wow!A dangerous potion to be worn in the evening to attract bears,cubs & otters (maybe girls).
The top notes have much more lavender than the original,but then it bursts into a tornado of deep,woody spices.You can really indetify the labdanum notes.A very sexual,aphrodisiac perfume.
This fragrance should carry a warning!
Longevity is enormous,lasts even after a shower.
Sillage is enough to be shown on the Richter Scale.

vonMises

It could make you bold and scary smelling, if you need that. My appreciation is growing for this one. It is really very good, and it would be nice to know the nose behind it. It is warm and dark, ambery, very slightly sweet. It is best from a distance where the notes combine to bring out the gold tones.

(I can't say which tones are gold colored, but I do get the sense of that color with this, similar to the way Xeryus Rouge comes across as a red scent.)

funnyboy
funnyboy

Well I had been resisting buying this fragrance for a while as I have a love/hate relationship with Jaques Bogart fragrances.
I find it very honey and lavender like and a bit incensy. A bit synthetic and not too good a mix of notes.
I decided to try an experiment with the Original One man Show, one on each hand. Surprisingly the original lasted longer on me and I do have very dry skin.
Comparing the 2 the Gold Edition 5 out of 10. The original 7 out of 10.
Might use it or give to a friend.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

OMS Gold has a strange combination of top notes... That I really like. Suitable for year round wear, just go easy on the trigger in the spring and summer. This morning, I didn't believe the note on the box that says "highly concentrated". I proceeded to spray my normal 8 sprays and went to work. Needless to say, I was the cologne guy today at the office. Give it a try, 7/10.

henri345que
henri345que

Wow, i don't know exactly what to think about it. It's odd but works mixing a kind of classic "macho-man" accord, something musky, ambery and dirty, with a fruity, modern, mainstream vibe. Since the first minutes on skin i get this tension between clean/nice/fruity and musky/ray/dirty, and the thin balance is what makes it work for me. It's quite intense, so i suspect that it's not a fragrance that you can easily wear at very warm temperatures. But i found it interesting at least.

vonMises

I was very surprised at how much this is like the original. After some time, the softening effect of apple and amber begin to be noticeable. Not the sillage monster I was expecting. Very good. I may still prefer the original, but will continue testing this. Definitely a recommended fragrance.

maio2012
maio2012

I tried it many times until a click in my mind said: Ténéré! Yes, it reminds the strong aromatic fougére that Paco Rabanne created in 1988 and was discontinued years ago. I was in my twenties and Ténéré seemed too strong, too persistent and with overwhelming sillage; difficult to use without being excessive. I have the same impression of OMS Gold, but I like it.

Saransh101089
Saransh101089

So So better than OMS (Original). Smells expensive, even though it's not. :)

I own both Silver Scent and Silver Scent Intense. Like both of then but love this one. OMS Gold is very very nice.

Longevity: 8+ hours
Projection: Very Good

In my opinion, Blind Buy won't hurt. :)

smudger69
smudger69

Combination: Kouros/Fendi Uomo/Aramis/Fendi Life Essence/Fahrenheit/Quorum, quite a lot going on. It has a subtle hint of the above mentioned fragrances, but a lot of Kouros/Aramis. If you like any of these fragrances then you are sure to like One Man Show Gold Edition.

KoceFF

I got it yesterday. Smelled it...Great sharp,spicy smell,masculine, like a modern remix of an old song. Longevity & projection should be great but i should test it first. Today I'm out with his brother Silver Scent.

Edit.
Projected on me for arround 7 hours then it got closer to the skin,but not to close aaabout 10cm (yeah, metric system ;) ) and lasted... i don't know exactly how long couze i sprayed aggain,i stoped counting after 12 hours or so .
Nice one, masculine, spicy,oriental.It has that oldschool vibe to it but it's not. The begining is "slow down man" so go easy. My girlfrend hated the original OMS but she is liking this one. So , i got that going for me ;)

[email protected]
jo.pinto@rediffmail.com

This is the worst perfume ever!!!!

It smells cheap. I don’t understand how someone can ever like this crap. I cannot believe there are good reviews about this fragrance.

It smells like some Ayurvedic oil from India, I mean the worst smelling herbal oil + camphor. I just threw the bottle away. What a waste of time and money.

I have other Bogart perfumes; they are just about OK; however, my favourite is Silver scent.

All I can say, good or in a bad way, Bogart fragrances are Sillage monsters

sharifhossain
sharifhossain

I find the original One Man Show very pleasant but not this one. All I found in it is cinnamon and cinnamon. I don’t like the cinnamon note. If you love the cinnamon note you will definitely love this one. This is very strong scent. You will find the smell on the next day too. One thing to remember for all strong scents is spray from a decent distance. Otherwise it will be so cloying that you just couldn’t tolerate it.

Projection/silage: 10/10(!)
Longevity: 14/18 hours
Scent: 5.5/10

RobbieX

The price that you can get this is unbelievable. A gorgeous POWERFUL male scent. Longevity and silage awesome. You wont get better value than this!

ahmadmohee
ahmadmohee

warm, intense, gentle freshness, long lasting and suitable for all time use, will continue to feed your nose with doses of freshness all day! very good value of money!

badkarma
badkarma

Sometimes I get Lapidus, sometimes I get Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui, Sometimes it's a beautiful mix.. I love such classics.. Most won't, however.Strong florals in the middle, either the violet or the lavender

billem
billem

Its beautiness is exactly its longevity.
Its life cycle is a straight line that imagination tends to infinity.
The cyclic curve is neither geometry, nor the material and olfactory, but mental. The tenacity and vitality continually surprises us. And here is our expectation that bends to his true unexpected strength . At first it seems intrusive and annoying coming to be inappropriate. A brief mention of understanding through mutual stern look but firm enough to seal a pact of blood to their mutual advantage. This is its beauty. Strength and character can only have an equally intriguing and corresponding fragrance. You have no choice, have to be so

parveenleo7

I smelled my T-shirt after washing still very light fragrance was present. OMS Awesome...!!! m not Joking....

parveenleo7

The bases r same but really high and very advance really for sharp noses.... U can be headache after 4 spray.... So be careful.... @ KoceFF

KoceFF

Does it smells like the regular One man show or it's totaly diferent?

parveenleo7

Projection is Just Monster.... Monster.... Monster. Brave nd real man likes dis... Not for week nd light noses.... It makes u full confident nd people will definitely notice you.... In my opinion its Sexy nd grab the attention of people....

Cire
Cire

The beast is unleashed once you spray this barbarian. There's something that floats about the original OMS but this one is harsh yet a very good vibe. The violet is really strong on the openning which holds it till the mouth watering dry down. Very masculine and this most definitely is for the man who knows no fear, he who can say a lot jsut by giving a mean look & a man who can grab the bull not only by the horns, but also the dingles. Be warned, not more than 6 sprays and please allow some time before bursting into the public.

A classic this is!!

pianist75
pianist75

this and Rien are the strongest frags i own out of 60 plus collection all sillage monsters!! i apply 6 full sprays of this OMS and i go out confident...my skin eats frags like horse drink the water:)) so go figure...i love Montale house too...comparing to this Montale Black aoud is shy and timid..OMS it is the only sillage monster i know!!!

sanzioonofre
sanzioonofre

Take the APPLE and LAVANDER from Hugo, add the green and melony VIOLET LEAVES from Fahrenheit, mix everything to the warm AMBERGRIS and dirty MUSKS from Kouros. Keep the juice well concentrated and voilá! One man Show Gold Edition is a typical aromatic fougère with a warmer and musky base. It is strong and long lasting but not similar to Lapidus pour homme which, in my opinion, is basicaly a very sweet pineapple jam, incense and patchouli warmer juice.

DrPerfum
DrPerfum

Excellent juice. It smells really good!. And the longevity and sillage is maximum, the price is cheap.

Excellent relation quality/price!

aucffan1
aucffan1

Ted Lapidus Pour Homme is close but One Man Show Gold Edition is stronger yet..

I can't believe I own both....

WOW!!!! They are both strong and I did two full spray on each hand and I can not breathe..LOL!!!!!

HELP!!!

LMAO!!!

I should add that this and Lapidus puor homme make Salvador Dali Pour Homme look like a field of Lillies.. :-).. LOL!!!

Try all 3...

gzalvares
gzalvares

An "sharpened" amber which is "rounded" by the apple and cinnamon that almost conceals the background floral and musk. A "bomb" delicious, ripe, but not necessarily only for mature men. Youngsters should learn to appreciate the "old school".

sid2895

Maybe its my skin :O I'll try it on my shirt and get back

flamin201
flamin201

The violet is very dominant, that's all i smell..

sid2895

I'm surprised how come nobody else noticed that it OMShGE smells balmy :O or is it just me? :O

P.s Its a great EDT. Longevity is decent I get about 8 hours and it projects wells. This thing is as spicy as it gets! I get a lot of the cinnamon notes through out. Best suited for winter and cooler weather. DO NOT apply more than 3 sprays or you will be smelling like a sack full of spices @_@

Overall: Great spicy smell. I would say anybody 35+ can pull this off. Good value for money.

Smellyman
Smellyman

This is Men Michael Kors for men!

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

Very powerful scent, long lasting and projects very well. The top note of Lapidus pour homme shares enormous similarity to this fragrance.

I personally would prefer Lapidus pour homme (LPH) over this one because LPH is more complex and exciting as the notes clearly changes as time passes unlike Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition where the top note seems to linger on for hours and doesn't seem to be changing other than it connects with lavender during the dry-down. This is pretty much sweet and spicy form beginning to end unlike LPH where it changes from top note sweet and spicy into the middle note floral then eventually dries down to become woody and herbal. If you already own the rather more exciting vintage LPH then probably you won't miss out on this one.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

Regarded by many as one of the strongest perfumes, from the first whiff reminded me a lot Lapidus pour Homme fragrance that I used when I was 15. Highlight how subtle differences note the absence of tabacco is less sweet, but keep the tone incensed and seemed even stronger than the Ted Lapidus. I think he is an evolution of Lapidus. I have not had the courage to use, but notice that it is a mature scent, nothing versatile, old vibe and if you do not enjoy the Lapidus pour homme hardly going to like this.

Sam37

not recomended at all ! too strong, gives headache.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

All reviews have been spot on :

Apple

Bubble Gum

Similar to Ted Lapidus

Minus :

"For Old Men"

Back in the 80's I could have totally seen a high schooler wearing this and girls digging the sweet smell. It reminds me when I used to wash my hair with strawberry shampoo hoping it would attract girls.

Not NUCLEAR in power (sorry) but decent projection and sillage.

However it lacks any depth and smells synthetic. Not complex or rich enough for me.

ma2afify
ma2afify

Wow a projection monster with a good smell and great longevity. Looks much like the 80s powerhouses with a little modern touch.
I highly recommend this perfume for classic perfumes lovers.
Rating: 9.5/10

pob75
pob75

Quite different to One Man Show. I find the original OMS difficult to wear but I like it. I like this one more and it is easier to wear, but it is immensely strong with massive projection and incredible longevity. This out-lasts and out-projects anything else I have found by quite some distance but, if you wear it sparingly, is well made enough to not be overwhelming or so strong that you never wear it.

Find this one quite hard to describe - there is a lot here and I notice different aspects each time I wear it. It is very rich, deep, intense and sweet (but not sickly/candy sweet). There is a plum liquer-type sweet fruitiness. There is sweet, floral-feeling tobacco. There is a rich spiciness throughout. At times the spiciness veers towards smelling more floral, more leathery, more smoky or more woody to me. Late on it feels less sweet and has some green smokiness.

This really is as strong as everyone has said. Lasts strongly on my skin for 16+ hours. Still clear on skin well beyond 24 hours. Projects strongly for 10+ hours and still projects clearly and well for 14+ hours.

This won't suit everyone and even if you like it it has to be used with care due to its strength. The reviews so far are really informative and accurate - they give you a very good idea of what you are getting with this one, so I would recommend that you try it if you read them and think it may be for you.
I may not wear this often but I enjoy it a lot when I do.

karthiktas
karthiktas

Strong Bomb... Strong projection... Remember this one will suit only men around 50 years and this is not for teenage or young people. Strictly for 50"s. it smells exactly like Ted Lapdius pour Homme & Bogart Sliver Intense with hint of tobacco. But this one is very strong. only one spray made the area to smell like. But Ladies hate the smell, I got many negative Compliments from them. In the Box it as written HIGHLY CONCENTRATED, Very strong. Its better to spray on shirt, Jus 2 small spray is enough for whole day. Projection is monster. If u want strong scent, then this is for you. This will make People to turn thier head to u when u walk in a crowed place. Strictly for out door use only. Pls dont spray more, then people will run from u. Projection:10, Longevity:10. But i dont Like it as iam young.

RobbieX

WOW! - Arguably the most powerful of all men's scents. This really IS a special powerhouse and it's GREAT! It's a mature man's scent that starts with candy and fruit, then I can smell honey and apples with flowers. The cinnamon is constantly there all the time. It's unique, but, the scent that is nearest to is Ted Lapidus pour Homme. OMS Gold is a heavy, sweet, complex fragrance - almost too strong to smell up close - better from a distance. The drydown is the best bit - mellow and smooth with loads of character. It comes in a classy matt black glass flacon that looks great. It says "Highly concentrated" on the box, and they aren't joking! Handle with care!! OMS Gold is a really gorgeous, masculine, powerful, sweet men's scent with lots of character. OMS Gold is right up there for me.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Do you want projection for 12 hours which people will notice? Do you like mature, warm frags? Well this will be for you!

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0-3 hours. 2.5 - 3 foot projection. This is a very mature frag, ages 58-75. It is classic 80's style with a warrm, dark twist trying to come through. Its not unique and very linear

3-10 hours. The warm, dark twist disappears but still linear in feel. 1.5 foot projection of great strength!! Towards the end it is still 1.5 foot but less intense. More spicier on the skin and harsh - many may consider the scent fowl when smelling the skin- this is an example of when overdosing on the natural heavy smell of violet does not work. Violet needs to be made subtle to be alluring IMHO. Stunning strength and longevity of projection, this is the best I have come across in that respect!!

10-11 hours. 3 inches with occasional wafts up to 1.5 feet

11-12 hours. 2 inch projection. Bed time!

24 Hours - Still strong on skin. Bath time

50 Hours - No joke, 2 x sleeps later and there is still a faint smell, even after all this time, OMG! It has highly concentrated formula on the botte, believe it!

Stunning projection power. The scent is extremely mature and so this blind buy will be given to someone older in my family. I did wear it twice but I cannot always feel comfortable with mature scents

Darius HIldenbrandt
Darius HIldenbrandt

very strong, very warm, extravagat and at the same time classic.. especially fits for mature men, who likes to wear such fragrance at nordic cold and dark winter's time...

jim
jim

I bought this 4my dad yesterday since it was cheap 20$ for 100ml.
Smells old &loud but their is something about this, that catches my attention, its warm,sexy,masculine & comforting.
I get very strong clove (very typical indian smell) and soft crisp apple vibe wit woods and amber.
Strictly for guys above35+
Much better than the original version, (smoother)
Lasts longgg 12hours+(Its written highly concentrated on the box)

I'll rate this 5/10
Not my type of fragrance but me Likey :)

iconoclast
iconoclast

This marvellously retro fragrance bears only a fleeting resemblance to the original OMS; the main differences being that it’s darker and infinitely more elegant and refined, and so it‘s safe to have both in a collection. Despite being released in 2011, OMS Gold Edition instantly recalls other uncompromisingly masculine vintage fragrances that include Lapidus Pour Homme, R&G Open, Drakkar Noir, Quorum, and Trussardi Uomo and I suspect fans of these will love it too. In fact it’s my favourite amongst those I’ve just listed.

I get some nice strong violet notes at the beginning, before it morphs into a gorgeously candy sweet & spicy drydown of cloves, cinnamon, and musk (and perhaps civet, although it’s not listed in the ingredients). The overall journey is one of great warmth, maturity and sophistication that would work wonderfully in winter. With its obviously high quality ingredients delivering the same awesome longevity and projection of the original OMS at an equally giveaway price, those who love their powerhouses could do a lot worse than hunt down and snap up this gem. SUMMARY: Urban spice: very, very nice. A masterclass in sillage and longevity.

One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart 3.45 out of 5 based on 181 ratings and 76 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.