Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Thallium Jacques Evard for men

Thallium Jacques Evard for men
dislike

Jacques Edvard Thallium was launched in 2002 as an oriental fragrance for men. Top notes: bergamot, pineapple and oxygen accord. Heart: apple, jasmine and lavender. Base: cedar, amber, patchouli and musk.

Available as 100 ml EDT.

Bergamot Pineapple

Lavender Jasmine Red Apple

Musk Patchouli Virginia Cedar Amber

To Be

Thallium Fragrance Reviews

Catch83
Catch83

Really like the opening but the dry down is a little to powdery for me.

6 out of 10

headofstate
headofstate

Seems to be loved everywhere on Youtube and here on Fragrantica as a great budget option in cold weather. Epic review by JohnnyJazz here already so I don't really have much else to add, but this is indeed a fantastic starter fragrance for the 30 and under crowd looking for a lot of performance for under $20. Just be careful with this one, the opening is a fantastic blending of citrus, tarty apple and lavender that is shockingly organic but within 30-45 minutes the candy, processed sugar and synthetic amber blast into the spotlight and hold the rest of the notes hostage. The droning, everlasting synthetic sweetness never evolves after the initial coup d'état and you are left with a rather boring and bland wear the rest of the way through that can be cloying and obnoxious for daily-wear use and is best left to a winter rotation to keep it enjoyable. Great top notes, the rest isn't that interesting or attractive but no one is complaining at $15 a bottle.

class
class

I think Paris Bleu's Thallium is better than this Jacques Evard's Thallium. Paris Bleu has green apple, and I think it's more ambience, whereas this one has red apple and is more candy-like.

mfeezy
mfeezy

Definitely a value priced cologne. Purchased for about $15 on eBay and haven't regretted it. It's a sweet scent, kinda reminds me of Lifesavers or some other sweet type of candy.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Thallium is a casual winter oriental fougere at a budget price that is well-worth hunting down if you are a bargain hunter or don't measure quality by MSRP exclusively. It's been highly regarded over the past three years by a small group of cologne connoisseurs on Youtube like Coachrob619 and Andy Hendrix in the context of "cheapies but goodies". That attention has made it somewhat of a modern cult classic among Youtube viewers and it is frequently mentioned in discussions of best bargains or starter colognes for students low on cash.
On initial spray, it's shocking to see how smartly toned down and blended the top is despite the heavy reliance on the acidic pineapple and rich bergamot. The apple and lavender in the middle jump right into the top and immediately balance it, creating an interesting experience of wearing Dunhill London but with less cream and a more direct fruity freshness that is shockingly refreshing for an oriental.
After a quarter of an hour, the sweetness intensifies as the citrus, apple and lavender blends with the amber and a more assertive synthetic jasmine; creating a more creamy and candy sweet glow that doesn't wander too far from the top but doesn't hide its synthetic heaviness as well as before. After 45 minutes you are left with mostly jasmine, a slight muskiness and fruity amber hovering over the remnants of apple that emits a rather synthetic creamy sweetness that would be rather cloying for some. There's no development whatsoever afterwards. The candy sweet scent lingers around a good while and begins to settle into a skin scent past the 4-5 hour mark before dying out around the 8-10 hour mark.
This was lovely at first, the pineapple, apple, bergamot and lavender combination was extremely refreshing but as the fragrance began to settle onto the skin it became more sickly sweet and the synthetics really manifested themselves with a generic candy glow that wasn't that endearing or masculine. Still, given the price point and what it does do, this is not bad. Overall: 7.0

Manofomega
Manofomega

Very underrated. Lasts on my skin over 10 hours; on clothes, at least 14 hours. A great value for the cost. Blind bought this and very happy I did so. I have over 70 bottles of cologne and this juice ranks up there with the best!

tyo9438
tyo9438

This is wayyyyy underrated. It smells so good...sexy as hell. Good longevity and projection with it as well. Smells exactly like candied apple. Masculine...very sweet and sugary with a bit of fruit in there. You can't go wrong with the price tag on this.

Nick M
Nick M

Sweet sweet powder. This may be presumptuous, but your general feeling toward PR 1 Million can be carried over to this (no I'm not saying they smell the same). This one isn't for me but considering the price and cool bottle, give it a shot if you like a candy effect.

Heaven Scent 777
Heaven Scent 777

I wore this at work today. 5 women on my floor complimented me. Says it all. This scent is seriously underrated. No one wears it...cept' me and that's good. While the losers at work wear the grossly overpriced and highly generic, weak smelling scents like Armani Code, this one at under £15 is a genuine coup. As a fragrance it's sweet, but not in a sickly way. The fruit notes combined with the Jasmine, Lavender and Musk work really well and i think this is why women like it so much. There are no heavy typical manly notes like Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Tobacco or Leather. Guys. Don'y be put off by that fact. Try this one....it will get the ladies attention for sure.

Miorua
Miorua

The real smell came from Jaques Evard Thallium.that was the original perfume.eve de systele is a fake one.on all sites say that the product name and manufactured is the genuine Jaques Evard but when you reveive the product is the eve de systele one.
I have ordered from galaxy perfumes aftef i talked several times with them on the phone about the scam its going on about this and they insured me i will receive the genuine one.
When i got it on the receipt says that i payed for 2 Jaques Evard perfumes, and guess what.....in the box eve de systele thallium, the fake one of course.they smell bad and they are fake.dont buy from galaxy perfume.

SmutRavageur
SmutRavageur

This is the most underrated fragrance of all-time. Nobody's wearing it. Nobody's talking about it (except us fragheads on here, Basenotes and YouTube perhaps). Sound like an underestimation? Hardly. The casual cologne wearer has likely never even heard of Thallium blue.

I recently wore this on an evening outing with my brother back in early August and upon picking him up from his place, he said (direct quote), "Holy f**king s**t, you smell amazing". They could have named the fragrance that quote. Hell, they could have made that statement as the tagline for the fragrance. Can you imagine? "Thallium: Holy f**king s**t, you will smell amazing by Jacques Evard".

Enough bloviating and hype. The scent of the original Thallium blue is a straight up candy apple with a mix of berries and pineapple intertwined. It's a beautiful scent that's underrated in each and every single facet. It's nearly reminiscent of the candy Skittles. Is it synthetic? Sure, but I hate that word, because it's usually described to depict a scent that doesn't smell 'natural', and when it comes to fragrances, none are absolutely pure and wholly natural. The original Thallium blue, to me, is a legendary scent in and of itself. It's overlooked because it's underlooked. Before a couple of guys on YouTube (shout out to Coach Rob) talked about it, I'm not even sure if anybody, except for the diehard fragrance fans of the world, even knew about it.

It's a huge compliment getter. Sprayed correctly (as in not oversprayed), I don't know how this could possibly be disliked by someone around you unless they hate the smell of excellence.

champykilo
champykilo

i love the apple smell but try not to spray on front neck, behind ears works well, and other parts of body. great cologne for the price, will go Right, compliments.
IMO i prefer thallium sport which gave me more compliments but doesnt last long tho. may be 5hrs max. but its good for the price too, will go Right.

Jim_Jones
Jim_Jones

I own Thallium and Thallium Sport (almost ordering Thallium Black as well but thinking let's just see how the sport is). I had already sampled the original Thallium before ordering it and loved it. In some strange way, it reminds me of D&G By Man but with a fruity essence. That was my reason for ordering it in the first place. I can definitely see people classifying it as gourmand. It's a complex smell that is definitely not for everyone. I would not recommend blind buying this one. I think you have to be pretty confident to pull off Thallium as the invariable "sweetness" which comes could easily be perceived as unisex if not effeminate.

As for the Sport, I found it to be very disappointing in it's generic smell. Many others seem to prefer it over the original but I have to disagree. I am looking forward to trying the Black but the Sport was just such a let down. It was like a bands second album who's original was so good; but maybe they come back with a good third album (In this case, Thallium Black) to redeem themselves, or maybe that one sucks too. We'll see.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This smells like some sort of apple tart, sweet apples and pastry. Must be the combination of the apple, a rather syrupy pineapple and the amber. Has a vanilla feel to it even if it's not listed. Quite sweet but not cloying. Tasty scent, lasts well, a bit gourmand but nothing overboard in that department. Something better for fall.

MarFreire
MarFreire

I agree with those say thalium sport is better. Thalium is good, but the sport version is better and sutil, elegant.

FRLS16

are there any simmilar fragrances that have the same sweetness of thallium ? am not sure which of the thalliums to buy. it would be awesome if some of you guys make a detailed review of the three of them! Thanks!

halftwintowers

I own all 3 - Sport, Black, and the original.

My review of the original is further down on this page.

Thallium Black: This is much more mature than the other 2. In fact, its as if they partially removed the candied fruit smell and added tobacco and incense. There is something dark about this fragrance that Im not a huge fan of. If I was forced to compare this to a fragrance that I've smelled before, I would have to say they combined Cuba Red with Spicebomb. I was expecting something much more romantic and inoffensive... I guess this is what elephant BALLS smell like.

Thallium Sport: I really think they should have removed the name Thallium from this altogether. One fragrance that I have come across that reminds me of the original Thallium with a much fresher opening and a more complex base - Nikos Sculpture Pour Homme (I feel this type of scent would've served as a better option for "Thallium Sport"). However, this is my favorite of the 3 because it is so versatile and it smells so good. It reminds me of Chanel Allure Homme Sport with weaker longevity. The citrus is balanced with what smells like tonka bean and some woods. One of my favorites for the summer.

If I were to rank the three thalliums- Thallium Sport, Thallium, Thallium Black.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

I prefer Thallium Sport..but i smelled this yesterday..I agree this smells like skittles or fruit loop cereal...

FRLS16

Does this smells like Blue seduction? Or more like skittles?

Theodor Buckland

So, time to review Thallium. First off i have to say that i have mixed feelings about the scent.

The initial spray is great! It starts fruity with a hint of the bergamot, which gives it a fresh feeling.
(I totally get the sweet red apple but i'm doing hard picking up the pineapple in this.)
If it only stayed this way...

As time passes by fruits disappear and the sugary vibe becomes stronger with just a very very light breeze of flowers, only detectable close to the skin.

The biggest downside of this fragrance to me is its base.
Don't expect something spectacular at the drydown but the base occurs within 2 to 3 hours and gets boring little by little because it only smells like sugar water - at least it does to me.
The difference between Thallium and a lot of other perfumes out there ist that you will be able to smell the base a really loooong time on yourself which can be overbearing sometimes.

Nevertheless i'm on the like-side and do not have regrets any second blind buying this as it is to me a funny scent. This perfume should not be taken to serious. This is just so sweet in the base that it will raise a smile on whoever smells you wearing this.

Wear Thallium - enjoy life. :p

Theodor Buckland

@Colorado: Good to know! Thx alot, buddy!

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

Today I was at the mall and one of my friends from Fletchers Jewelers asked me to fetch him a sample of this stuff since he was working, I ran over and got one for him and myself. Thinking it wouldn't be that great and considering I had a headache at the moment, I decided to sample this stuff on my skin later on. I just sprayed it on myself...and want a bottle already. It's an unusual kind of scent, it hits you with a musky/sweet/fruity smell that's pretty masculine and sophisticated, though I'd recommend this for all the pretty boys out there. It has a strong amber in it that gives a nice warm feel whilst the floral and fruits balance it out for a playful feel. Of course, what masculine fragrance isn't complete without a musk and cedar base note? Also, this fragrance is extrordinarily cheap. Will be buying the set from Ebay pretty soon...

Colorado
Colorado

Theodor Buckland, the two brands, 'Parfums Jacques Evard' and 'Yves de Sistelle Parfums', are from the same company: 'Paris Bleu Parfums'. Peace and Light for all!

stjoseph777

I love this fragrance as a collector its very unique. Last me over 10 hrs. I love gourmand. Not everyone have the same taste for fragrance, but for the price it is worth it.

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

I own Thallium,and Thallium Black.In my opinion I feel that the original smells way better.It opens up fruity,and sweet but masculine at the same time.Lasts a long time on my skin.6 hours or so.Great under the radar fragrance.A must have in any collection

Theodor Buckland

I ordered Thallium on eBay that was declared as by "Jacques Evard" and just received one that says "Yves de Sistelle". Does anyone know if there is a difference in the smell between the two of em or is it just the distribution thats changed? Didn't find any answer on the inet.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Oriental fruity, fruity opening, does not feel alone pineapple, citrus is something fruity.
Floral accents appear in the body, giving a light lavender and freshness, but now reconciled to jasmine and apple, this time with a freshness balances the cut by white floral that is the jasmine and apple on the fruity, it is a kind of semi sweet.
The background is amber, which combined with the previous one, gets a sweet vanilla aroma, light woods.
A good perfume with a low price.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

The boy I love was wearing this when we were first getting to know each other, and I frequently felt the urge to bite him. Smells maddeningly good, and it's really inexpensive.

tlrmrn
tlrmrn

This cologne is very affordable for its quality. It has a very strong fruity smell, with light and elegant notes of wedding-day flowers. Although it says it contains musk, I do not sense it, and that's a great thing! I hate the smell of musk, so if you're like me get this cologne! I also recommend Thallium Black for more professional applications, as I see this as an everyday/party scent.

Lisztener
Lisztener

Thallium Black is a recent addition to my "I Have It" but a good one, I must add. It is sweet without being overly so, and has a lingering appeal that is quite pleasing. It is comforting and projects pleasantly to passersby. It has an aroma that compares favorably to fragrances costing much, much more. Get it before the word of its quality catches on and the price skyrockets! You'll be doing yourself a favor.

EseveN
EseveN

Where is Thallium Sport and Thallium Black?

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

Thallium and Thallium Black:

well well WELL....talk about a diamond in the rough...These little gems have been hiding in the corner while everyone else gets all the attention...DEFINITELY some of the best SLEEPER frags out there!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Thallium is a true explosion of juicy and sweet notes, with excellent projection and lasting power. It is not a sweet resulting from spices or resins, like vanilla, honey or benzoin. Is a fruity-sweet aroma that comes from the pineapple, bergamot and apple notes. And, in my mind, it's like if someone was preparing a sweet or a jelly with cubes of pineapple and apples, simmered with sugar, to result in a jam, making that smell inebriates the kitchen, while the fruits are there, in the pan, dropping their juicy syrup.

Did your mouth get watery?
That's what this cologne causes, right in the output. Then, it gets calmer, becoming more natural and woody without that first tone - which often passes the synthetic sensation - showing more the jasmine side (which I love) with its base notes of patchouli, amber and musk. A great cologne for those who enjoy certain types of "sweet", without having to go through JOOP! Homme or Armani Code, for example.

Now comes the surprise: I stayed the whole day with this scent on my skin and I knew it reminded me of something that I had used recently. When I got home and I went to see my collection, there it was: Colonial Club (Jeanne Arthes). Guys, it is very similar!

So, I did the test, placing one on each paper, hoping to ease out, and they are too similar. Even the color of the liquid is similar! Some notes are equal in both compositions, such as jasmine, lavender, patchouli and I believe that the “fruity blend” is an attempt to get closer to Thallium. The difference is the explosive output of this one, which is much higher.

The hint is: If you want to know Thallium or already know it but that sweet output gives you a headache and you only enjoy it after 2 hours, try Colonial Club. It is not expensive and the investment is valid.

stjoseph777

Just got this one. I got to say I like this one its different. I own 70 fragrances and I love when a fragrance smell unique. I love gourmands. Everyone has there own taste or favorite accord. This one won me over after spending an half hour at Channel boutique. I have original Allure and Bleu de Channel and allure sport. I was sniffing allure sport extreme got some on my forearm and walked the mall after dry down I got original Allure with Allure sport. Had cup of coffee and sniff Thallium and I was yes something different. Tired of houses like Thierry Mugler with its flankers, Dior and its hard find or reformulated fragrances. My fragrance reviewer in YouTube we need to stop putting out fragrances that are discontinued Like Dior homme intense. Marc, Al,Dradoc,and I believe Jerry from Fl. Im subscribed to all you guys your all awesome.

dmhorton
dmhorton

I like this smell A LOT!!!! I have dozens and dozens of fragrances and i have to admit that the dry down that this scent has is EASILY in my top 3. It starts off citrusy and sweet and evolves into something much more mature and i dare to say sophisticated. It gets a few brownie points for being a cheap scent. I honestly think thats why this one doesnt get more shine than it does. The price point is a blessing and a curse for it. It is a safe blind buy and i will say its a must have for a collector. 9/10 in my book

zedsefi
zedsefi

Somebody need to add Thallium Black PLEASE (A.K.A Elephant balls).

halftwintowers

I was able to smell Thallium at a mall kiosk and of course they were overpricing this baby, so I didn't buy it. But on my way home, I couldn't help but repeatedly smell my arm where the SA sprayed... it was amazing. I recently bought Thallium online and I'm so happy I did. I will say this, usually fragrances that are shipped takes a couple of wearings to get the notes to settle (or it's probably me familiarizing myself with the fragrance). When I first sprayed this, the candied fruit smell was a little too synthetic... I didn't like the musk in this either. But I decided to give it another try because it smelled so good at the mall. Now when I spray Thallium, I get the juicy, delicious red apple and pineapple candy smell. I don't get much woods in this fragrance. The initial blast is candied fruit, almost like skittles. The mid notes, I do get the floral notes accompanied by the candied fruit smell. With the basenotes, the florals and fruit are still present but musk is added to create a powdery aroma. I see this fragrance being quite unisex but it does smell good, projects, and lasts. For those that are into more natural smells, I don't think this would be for you because Thallium is synthetic. In fact, if you spray too much, Thallium starts to resemble the same synthetic quality that is present in One million (though they smell nothing alike). Overall, this is a recommended buy for those sweet fragrance lovers... a crowd pleaser too!

jesvox
jesvox

First initial spray is good..dry down then becomes my great grandmas senior center apartment.

parveenleo7
parveenleo7

Its awesome I hv One word to say.....!!! Panty dropper...!!! Ladies love dis really.....!!! I must say that your Gal will mad for u.. The ATOM BOMB....

frangellan
frangellan

This smells as cheap as it is. Very abrasive and intruding. Smelled great on paper but on skin it's a different story. I would say pass on this.

Odiee99
Odiee99

Picked this up because of all the good reviews on here and Basenotes and I can say I am pleased. Thallium has a very sweet almost candied fruit smell. If you don't like sweet scents stay away. Go kind of easy on the trigger because this stuff is strong. Longevity is great. Thallium's personality doesn't change much throughout it's duration but who cares it smells good and the ladies like it.Thallium is ideal for cooler weather and perfect for the club. This is definitely a sleeper and I hope it stays that way.

ItsJson
ItsJson

I just purchased this fragrance for $15.00 dollars and it was well spent. The opening is sweet and flowery but its still masculine, I believe is the bergamot that creat that perfect balance.
Then the drydown is just like powder and a very light hint of wood...I repeat very light.
This is a very unique fragrance, not for every one.
I personally use cocoa butter lotion before any fragrance let me say thallium and cocoa butter are an amazing experience.
I love this, I think Im going to purchase thallium sport and thallium black.

P.S:
PI by givenchy is sweet and chemical.
Joop is like sweet syrup...Now thallium is just sweet powder.

lil_taul
lil_taul

i like this alot but its too too sweet. i don't care if women like it or not, a man shouldn't be wearing nothing sweet as cotton candy

amazonx42
amazonx42

I bought this for my husband: a metallurgical materials engineer. Very sexy, and fruity/spicy. We couldn't stop giggling about the name - a potent heavy metal poisonous element.
I wear Ceruti Image - the scents are kind of related, I think.

andy
andy

great smell but its kinda sweet I prefer thallium sport

Good for the young party crowd that is short on cash, I suppose. Clearly not for the aficionado, as it is unbalanced, "synthetic," and blob-like (meaning the notes don't have good separation). If you want something cheap and similar but actually decent in quality, IMO, try Cadillac. If you are really in poverty, I tried a dollar store version of One Million that was quite good, at least in the sense that I'd rather wear it than this one.

Chris72
Chris72

Ok guys, I've been a fragrance freak for a long time, and SOMETIMES I don't like to recommend to people that I know what I think is hot and what's not, 'cause do you really want everyone u know smelling like u? I think not! I've been wearing Thallium for years & for a long time it felt like I was the only one that knew this even existed. Buttttttttt, the secret is out!! Thallium is the real deal! The ladies will notice you!! in a good way! Have gotten way to many compliments with this one. Also very affordable...Did I mention the ladies love it? So it comes highly recommended, but hey u guys are spread out all over the world, so who cares if u guys know...it's not like I'm gonna run into any of u at my next social event ;)

PaulydaEagle12
PaulydaEagle12

I put this on and i thought this is really sweet but i couldnt place it exactly, then my brother said it perfectly, "dude you smell like skittles." And he was dead on, i honestly smells like you somehow took the taste of skittles and made it into a spray. Not overpowering unless you spray too much. But a suprisingly sweet scent that can be warn in the warm weather. Just a lil too sweet for my tastes.

Overall: 8/10

Sahbomnim
Sahbomnim

I've been on this for YEARS! Definitely slept on frag.
I also own Thallium Black. Looks like the secret's out.

$$
$$

One of the best kept secert!this colonge is wonderful!its AFFORDABLE,it last for hours.All the ladies love this colonge when i put it on.OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Thallium by Jacques Evard 3.99 out of 5 based on 145 ratings and 50 user reviews

Sample
Yves de Sistelle Thallium Black Eau de Toilette 100ml
Yves de Sistelle Thallium Black Eau de Toilette 100ml
Yves de Sistelle Thallium Sport Eau De Toilette 100ml
Yves de Sistelle Thallium Sport Eau De Toilette 100ml
Thallium Sport Cologne by Parfums Jacques Evard, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Limited Edition for Men
Thallium Cologne by Parfums Jacques Evard, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
THALLIUM for MEN by Jacques Evard SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ SHOWER GEL 3.3 OZ
THALLIUM for MEN by Jacques Evard SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ SHOWER GEL 3.3 OZ
THALLIUM BLACK for MEN by Jacques Evard SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ SHOWER GEL 3.3 OZ
THALLIUM BLACK for MEN by Jacques Evard SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ SHOWER GEL 3.3 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jacques Evard Thallium fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jacques Evard Thallium, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Thallium by Jacques Evard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Thallium by Jacques Evard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.