Designers » I-K » Oriental « Groups

Fath de Fath Jacques Fath for women

Fath de Fath Jacques Fath for women
dislike

Fath de Fath Jacques Fath for women Pictures Fath de Fath Jacques Fath for women Pictures Fath de Fath Jacques Fath for women Pictures Fath de Fath Jacques Fath for women Pictures Fath de Fath Jacques Fath for women Pictures

Fath de Fath by Jacques Fath is a Oriental fragrance for women. Fath de Fath was launched in 1953. Top notes are black currant, plum, mandarin orange, cassia, peach, pear, bergamot, lemon, tangerine and green notes; middle notes are tuberose, orange blossom, jasmine, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are amber, tonka bean, patchouli, musk, vanilla, cedar and benzoin.

Black Currant Plum Mandarin Orange Cassia Peach Pear Bergamot Lemon Tangerine Green Notes

Tuberose Orange Blossom Jasmine Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Amber Tonka Bean Patchouli Musk Vanilla Cedar Benzoin

Gucci Accenti
Jil Sander No 4
Eau de Fath

Fath de Fath Fragrance Reviews

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

Hi Chrisndema, I had a very similar experience with Fath de Fath, and you describe my sentiments perfectly. I hate saying negative things, so I'll only say that if this fragrance works for you, I'm so jealous! I really am, I mean, look at the notes! How scrumptious! I also experienced a note in the drydown that reminded me of a candle, a spice-scented candle that had been left out too long and there's hardly any scent left. It's a waxy candle note (I read somewhere that this waxy note might be benzoin...my apologies to whoever mentioned that, now I can't find that comment to give credit to, arrgh) and I just can't get past it. I also bought mine on ebay (glad I paid very little for it), maybe I should have bought a new one? Oh well. I wish this worked for me, the bottle is beautiful and the notes listed in this are so lovely! I'll ask my sister if she wants it, she loves fruity florals and she might be compatible with it. Wah....

chrisndema
chrisndema

I'm really disappointed with this one coz i bought it based on the reviews here. Its a meh fragrance of i can't even tell which notes, some watered down fruity concoction of tresor. I mean really weak, projection. It lasted 30 mins or less on my skin and the dry down was a plasticky artificial mess. Is this real french perfumery or maybe coz i bought it on ebay i got a dupe!!!:(

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I can not add much to my review which has not already been said and written about this beautiful perfume. When I first sprayed it on my wrist I though, its OK nothing special. After about 10 minuets the most amazing smell was coming from my wrist. It is a truly unique and special perfume. It is sweet but not overly sweet in my opinion. I am not a lover of sweet perfumes at all although I do love vanilla. I also have Jil Sanders 4 and I do not find they have the same smell even if others do. I love them both and find them dissimilar enough to justify having both in my wardrobe. I have a 100ml bottle of Fath de Fath and it will be my perfume for the coming colder months. Sillage and longevity are excellent. It last a good 8 hours on my skin. This is one of those perfumes that you are happy that not everyone knows about it. Perfect.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Everything I could say about this perfume has been said most exquisitely by Yohji.
What can I add except this is the most heavenly perfume I have smelled in a long time. I have many olfactory experiences but Fath de Fath is such wonderful one for me.
Tuberose predominates this fragrance along with a boozy note, but the booze is a smooth and silky one, nothing harsh in here. It is most certainly a comforting and uplifting fragrance and I will wear it to death in the winter, when I feel that the notes will sing and dance and make themselves heard more loudly than in the warm summer months. In fact, as people who know me well, know that I dislike winter intensely , I can reassure myself that it will be more tolerable when I wear this beautiful perfume.
Longevity is excellent on my thin dry skin, 8 hours+ and it has great silage too.

Yohji
Yohji

In life there are not so very many experiences when you fall in love with person, dress, shoes or perfume at first sight and forever. And if you do, it surprises you every day by how easy it was, like it was meant to be your person, your dress or your perfume
So I guess same story is between me and Fath de Fath. We just meant to meet and stay forever.
Its a perfume I understood from first second, all notes – separately and as a whole where somewhat engraved into my skin and chemistry a long time before the actual meeting took place.

Its a part of me. - always is the right time for him, its stunning, perfect, refined, silky, beautiful, smooth oriental. Its my glass of cognac in front of fireplace and feet massage, its my sleeping pill, its my morning smile, in all times and situations – the best.

Its never just fruity or just floral or just oriental, its..creamy rich long-lasting smell of comfortable life - Fath de Fath...
All things in one, all beautiful things as a whole.
*give me a medal, I invented a new slogan* lol

cmlee22
cmlee22

very nice. my mom (who never wears perfume) really liked it.. said it reminded her of something. so i gave it to her. :)

heymoe9
heymoe9

I have had this perfume on my want list for a long time and finally broke down and bought it. If I had bought this last year I would have saved time and money searching for the right vintage scent.
Fath de Fath smells like what I wanted all the Guerlain's and Caron's to smell like, classy, sultry, and timeless. All those bottles of perfume I bought that didn't quite fit the idea of what this one delivered will huddle whimpering behind this beautiful faceted Ambrosia.
The perfect combination of fruity top notes, followed by floral middle notes, and the resinous bottom notes culminate into a perfect blend of harmony.
This perfume will definatly deserve a backup bottle or two, or three. I will never want to run out of this.

alchimia72

I have this perfume and I absolutely love it. I completely disagree with the comparisons. It's different from n. 4 Jil Sander ( same family and similar notes but different smell). And please It can't be related with the new Cavalli, That I hate and I can't stand. Fath de fath is sweet, warm, fruity but not cloying or overwhelming. It's subtle, elegant and precious.

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

I have the parfum extrait, and I love, love, love, this stuff. I can't distinguish the individual notes, but the fragrance is sweet and boozy in the best possible way. It has great staying power, but because you dab it on the sillage is controlled at about arm's length.

Bravo!

pronose
pronose

the scent has been reformulated and the whole juice smells not the same! too bad it was my mom"s favorite scent!!!!!!

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

Fath de Fath Jacques Fath for women is one of the finest fruit-topped fragrances I've ever owned.

I'm not sure why others are comparing it to something as simple as canned peaches. It's much too sophisticated and multi-faceted for that.

Fath de Fath is a luscious, velvety, cognac-colored elixir that sparkles with currants, plums, and citrus. Its heart blossoms with tender tuberose, heliotrope, rose, and orange blossom. I was very surprised that I could love a fragrance that contains orange blossom, because it's a note I normally cannot tolerate.

I think Fath de Fath must be expertly crafted with high quality ingredients. It's just so beautifully balanced.

The sweetness is countered by the floral bouquet and the base of amber, tonka bean, patchouli, musk, vanilla, cedar and benzoin. Although, the musk is very subtle.

Fath de Fath is a real gem in an elegant bottle. It strikes me as a modern and unique scent. I find it hard to believe it was launched in the 1950s.

I don't like sweet/sugar or surypsweet notes in my scents. In Fath de Fath I find great, darkfruity notes and some great flowernotes. A wonderful fragrance. I don't find it that sweet that many rewiews writes about.

Jag gillar inte sockriga/söta eller sirapsöta noter i mina dofter. I Fath de Fath så hittar jag härliga mörka fruktiga doftnoter och några riktigt fina blomnoter. En superfin doft. Jag tycker inte att den är så söt som några omdömen säger.

veda
veda

This is a lovely surprise!!
I must confess that it is very sweet...Oh my Gosh so sweet that I have eaten one week's sugar!!
On my skin the base notes works.Also some orange blossom,jasmine and apricot.
It is fruity and powdery.After 2-3 hours reminds me of some expensive powders!!

alchimia72

My best blind buy. Love, love love. In the manner of Lou Lou, a bit reminder of Alchimie not the same at all. Delicious, elegant, warm, lovely. Thanks to fragranticans: I bought only by all your positive reviews.

Jerine123
Jerine123

OMG I love this one! It just keeps changing and developing on the skin and that is truly the sign of a GREAT perfume. Layers and layers WOW!!!! I may have just found my fall signature scent. This is too beautiful for words!!! I have the EDP and it is just amazing! There is a creamy smoothness to this that is really top notch along with the Tonka and tuberose, amber and peach it just keeps drifting into something new and LASTING!!! It is not like the synthetic planned obsolescence sprays that are gone in two hours so you use up the bottle in a blink, this one is a masterpiece!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

truffles
truffles

If you're looking for an Alchimie replacement/dupe, please DON'T buy Fath de Fath or you will be very disappointed, as I have just been. It smells very vaguely like it for about ten minutes and then changes into something completely different - a powdery 80s number a la Giorgio Yellow or Vanderbildt. :-(
Nice bottle though!

synergypsy
synergypsy

Want to smell good? Get this!

Sooooo smoooooth. Deep, dark, mysterious, and so well-blended. I don't get the syrupy peachy notes, but do get the orange blossom, tuberose, lily of the valley. But on me it's not sweet or cloying, but a deeply rich balanced ambery floriental-- very 50s but without the burst of aldehydes that were fairly common.

I grant that there's a metallic note, but it's not unpleasant, comes and goes, and may be a reminder that under all this warm inviting luciousness, there's a bit of steeliness, resiliancy-- "a don't mess with me" quality that I find appealing.

This fragrance does have an old style base of musk and cedar, but it's not old-fashioned because the powdery-ness to me, is absent. As is bergamot, which could have lent an imbalance.

Overall, a great, great fragrance!

trueblue19
trueblue19

It took me some time to fall in love with Fath de Fath, but it's now grown on me. At the first sniff I was shocked and thought OMG it's waaaayyyyyy too fruity and sugary for me 0_o!!! I like sweet scents e.g Angel and Candy but I swear I've never smelt any perfume this sweet in my whole life! It's not sharp so no headache but it's extremely strong. My nose went kinda numb, all I could detect was syrupy PEACH PEACH PEACH and hint of orange, probably tuberose as well. However my patience was rewarded after 20 minutes, when the peachy waves began to ebb away. I started to get clear sweet and cool tuberose butter melt down in vanilla cream, so feminine and 'dangerous' that it'd work out great on a femme fatale smoking a slim cigar. Given another 30 minutes, it became more musky and earthy. Still seriously sweet but no longer overwhelmingly fruity, rather oriental or even gourmand as the tonka bean smelt more than good enough to eat. It reminded me of Accenti by Gucci and these two had the best tonka bean note ever.

It was a mini modern EDT I tried and I could imagine a vintage parfum to be much deeper and richer, a truly divine scent. I only wish there'd be tobacco or leather note to perfect it but so far it's good enough for me to order a 100ml bottle ;)

It is in the same family as the new Cavalli! Have them both and love them both!

idressyou
idressyou

I love this in extrait form. Sweet and smooth... nothing sharp here, at all. Very well blended plummy-peachy white florals, honeyed amber, gentle musk, and just a smidgen of woody spices make it interesting. Slightly powdery upon dry-down, but otherwise linear. Stays close to the skin, but gives off nice wafts with movement for many hours. Extremely comforting. I wear it in any season, as the white florals and fruit are reminiscent of spring and summer, and the honeyed amber, musk and woody spices make it warm and cozy enough for cooler seasons. Most pleasant.

A golden peach liquor perfume! GORGEOUS!!

Bandit
Bandit

To my nose the well behaved and pretty vanilla sister of the original Dior Poison formula. It's bearable, but too close to wear it.

I guess, the current Fath de Fath is not the 1950s formula, but a 80s reformulation. This simply doesn't smell 50s; no way, that it was worn like this in the 50s. That's the smell of big hair with perm, shoulder pads and Aerobics. Not that I would think, that that's a bad thing... the 80s were an important decade for perfumes. But if you expect a 50s vintage feeling, you might be disappointed.

meg1969
meg1969

Joan Holloway would have worn this. Underneath the sweetness you will experience something "dirty" going on here, in a ladylike retro 1950's naughty way. Not modern, but sexy in a skin colored pointy bra and garter belt with stockings under a mink coat kind of way.

I have the pure perfume and the higher concentration has a powerful vintage 50's feel. Can't speak for the lower concentrations.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Review for a pure extrait: It is something different from all the parfums on the market. A positive surprise, because it was a blind buy. This is similar to Van Cleef Van Cleef, but million times stronger than that one. It opens with sweet and boozy blast of mandarin/peach/plum. After 30 min. I get the fine, creamy, sweet tuberose. If Cacharels LouLou is a cold fragrance, this one is a warm one in the same genre. Smooth, rich, with moderate sillage, on me it has poor staying power - maybe 2 hours but then I can still notice it close on the skin for the whole evening. On the end I detect some generic whiff with some vanilla, but I does not disturb me. I have the feeling to be very familiar with this scent. Happy to discover this! It is the mother of all parfums. Gorgeous. Test it first, it is specific.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I'm not sure what's going on with this one...

It started out with a root beer like smell that reminded me very much of Gucci (brown bottle) but after half an hour or so, I can think of nothing except garlic!

It's not that it really smells like garlic but there's just something about it that's a little off and out of sync. I don't get peach or syrup like everyone else, just a soft sweetness with a bitter/garlic-like sharpness to it.

Maybe it's the changing weather or maybe my nose is just on the fritz but I don't think this is something that I will be wearing anytime soon.

It's a pass for me.

olga1780
olga1780

This fragrance was never on my wish list, it was a totally impulsive blind buy.
OMG, this is so gorgeous, it really awakened my olfactory senses with its beauty. It is really hard to believe it was launched so long ago in 1953 because it smells so modern.
Just like the previous reviewer said, it is not too sweet, not too loud. Very rich and elegant with a prominent metallic note.
But I would never call it generic, this beauty is definitely fit for special occasions.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The first impression is of a soft, light floral-oriental-chypre hybrid, with a vanilla base and some greenish notes. The green quickly fades away leaving tuberose and undifferentiated fruity notes, not too strong and not too sweet, all fairly conservative and generic, but nice. After a couple of hours it dries down to a powdery scent. It lasts all day, with moderate sillage.

F de F is a good, basic, floral-type fragrance that can be worn even by people like me who hate many florals. However, it’s not compelling enough to make me want more than the small sample that I have.

Udaria
Udaria

I have tested FdF time and again with vials, and it is definitely growing on me.
It starts out with a delicious top note, then settles warmly for a long while, with a very discreet sillage, you barely know it is there - and yet, it is.
I studied the description of notes, of which there are many, too complex for me to decipher. The heart keeps on lingering in a fruity way ... (A unusual comparison with my little kitten's fur comes to mind, when I burried my nose into it...). The dry-down is ongoing soft and lingering.

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

I'm honestly surprised at the cloying peach syrup analogy, because I don't get anything like that, and my chemistry is frequently uncooperative with fruity sweet notes. I think the key with this fragrance is to go for greater concentrations - I've got the EDP and the pure parfum, and the EDP is a sparkling cocktail, while the pure parfum is sooo smooth, dark, and mysterious! (I had the same experience with Magical Moon by Hanae Mori - it only works in greater concentrations.)

I actually bought Fath de Fath as a day-to-day replacement for Alchimie, no less! (I got tipped off by fotolux - thanks a lot!) They're not the same, of course, but they share a creamy smoothness that I really like. It's not a flowery fragrance, but the combination of the top and bottom notes - in equal amounts, w/o the emphasis on the peach - is a good representation of what it smells like on me... Maybe I got lucky just this once ;)

Cereza
Cereza

Oh my god. My teeth hurt just from sniffing this. I've been around many sweet fragrances, but this is something new. This is the most sweet, cloying scent I've tried. Really. At the first seconds of the opening I get fruits, I get peach and plum dipped in syrup. The next thing I'm having is the tuberose, which is extremely sweet and extremely creamy and makes this all more gourmand, because it does actually taste edible. Little bit too edible I must say.

Ok, so hear this - if you are ok with sweet scents, but not Pink Sugar kind of sweet scents, if you're ok walking around smelling like peach syrup, then it's for you. But watch out. One spray too much and everyone around you will run a way screaming and gassping for air.

saprophilous
saprophilous

peach that melds with black currant and plum into a cedar + vanilla musk as others have mentioned. Yes, not much of an oriental. A bit dated feeling, almost too much of a pretty followed by pretty followed by, you guessed it, pretty...
Except in my case, I get this plastic kind of quality at the end that I don't enjoy.

parisa
parisa

This is review for EdT:
It smells just like peach with syrup in a tin can. Not very heavy, not very oriental but very sweet with that sticky feeling.
Very rich looking pyramid, but I detect only peach and some light vanilla-musk base.

A heavily fruity floral in an oriental way, but over an old-style base, like a Jean Patou. It lacks the overpowering weight of many orientals while somehow remaining an oriental. A clear cedar/musk base on dry down holds up well and makes this a definitely evening scent.

mahanta
mahanta

Terribly sweet, even cloying. On my skin it's a fruity-floral for several hours, to be more precise - fruits in syrup. Only then some oriental traces can be felt, mostly musk. If you like it sweet, it's for you. I say - no, thanks.

Fath de Fath by Jacques Fath 4.03 out of 5 based on 126 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jacques Fath Fath de Fath fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jacques Fath Fath de Fath, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fath de Fath by Jacques Fath. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fath de Fath by Jacques Fath represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.