Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Bubblegum Chic James Heeley for women

Bubblegum Chic James Heeley for women
dislike

tuberose

James Heeley launches the Extrait de Parfum collection of three perfume extract Agarwoud, L'Amandier and Bubblegum Chic. The collection includes contemporary scents of high concentration of the finest quality ingredients.

Bubblegum Chic contains notes of tuberose, jasmine and white musk.

Inspirational words are: extract of glamour, pink, passion, lips, mouth, soft, warmth, sparkle, appetite, forbidden, fun, fatale, fruit, desire, smile, sweet, skin, shining, intoxicate, girls, omnivorous, insatiable .

It is available as 50 ml perfume extract. Bubblegum Chic was launched in 2011.

Jasmine Tuberose Fruity Notes Musk

PG17 Tubereuse Couture
Moramanga
Black Gardenia

Bubblegum Chic Fragrance Reviews

LLB_addict
LLB_addict

@mrsg34 - You are EXACTLY right in everything you said! Especially the part about overspraying. It can go to a not-so-good place when oversprayed! DIVINE otherwise!

mrsg34
mrsg34

I totally LOVE this perfume! Its a chewy, bubblegum, creamy tuberose that has that lovely wintergreen kind of smell to it. Its strong but not overpowering, its moreish and fun to wear. The longevity is fantastic and as long as you dont overspray this is a dream to wear. I enjoy other tuberose dominant scents such as carnal flower and narcotic venus but struggled with the likes of fracas or truth or dare, but this is beautiful.

Printeza7
Printeza7

Oh My Lord! This is very very strong and what an impressive oppening! It smells just like bubblegum and then changes in a few minutes in the most divine and fine jasmin scent! I like it a lot,but it wouldn't be for me to wear! Very very flowery- beautiful scent!

najgirl
najgirl

Apologies and advance warning for the negative review, but I find this scent to be completely foul. It's not the bubblegum (I purchased based on the notes and reviews), nor is it the florals (I enjoy jasmine and am a big tuberose fan). It's that overpowering naphthalene-like chemical blast in the opening which totally ruins the fragrance for me. It does settle down after a while but never completely dissipates. Generally, I find about 60% of fine fragrances to be ok or better, 5% to be exceptional, and another 35% to be unlikeable or worse. This one, unfortunately, falls into the "worse" category for me (particularly the opening), as I personally find anything even slightly reminiscent of moth-ball odor to be revolting. This was the first time a fragrance had me literally running to the sink to scrub. I will add that the lasting power of Bubblegum Chic seems good, and as I have found strong projection and longevity to be lacking in many of the niche fragrances, I would definitely recommend if the scent were more pleasant. Edit: Montale's Intense Tiare may be a nice alternative (not as bubble-gum-like, but very similar, IMO).

bronstein
bronstein

This one is reminiscent of Poison, it has the same loud character and unusual name. But it's not really like bubblegum, that's just the name. It's more interesting to those who think the latest reformulation of Posion has lost it.

***

AveParfum
AveParfum

Bubblegum Chic is my favorite from Heeley. Creamy tuberose is blended with the subtle scent of fruity pink bubblegum. I am not a big fan of tuberose, but luckily for me it dries down into a sweet and intoxicating white jasmine. In my mind, this perfume completely represents LA and Orange County. It's glitzy, girly, fun, gilded, expensive, and somehow has a superficial aura about it. The pink bubblegum and loud white florals seem obnoxious, yet they are addictive at the exact same time. This could have been Malibu Barbie's perfume or could be the signature of any one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Bubblegum Chic is not a wallflower. It begs to be noticed.

Edit 5/27/15: Now that I have the full bottle and can spray, the bubblegum is even more prominent. I am obsessed with this girly gem! Dabbed from the vial, I did not get the atomic sillage and longevity, so I am very pleased to own it.

lilalina
lilalina

Very much like the name suggest. Opens like bright pink bubblegum, sweetness and tuberose flower. Heavy yet light and not too overpowering. Cute scent.

misslawbore
misslawbore

I know I'm an old woman, but I honestly can't understand why anyone would want to smell of bubblegum. Bubblegum will never be chic. My first reaction was that the perfume is amusing and pleasant, but as the minutes went by, it became almost medicinal. This won't be a popular review, but it's the truth as I see it. People are crazy to spend money on this

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Amusing, fast-evolving perfume that goes from bubblegum to chic in the blink of an eye.

Opens with massive tuberose, a will it/won't it sweet to rubbery tuberose that that smells like flowers and hard sauce, the kind with alcohol in it, not the kids' table kind. It's buttery and silky despite the chemical edge.

When the flambe edge wears off and the fruitiness comes out, son of a gun, it actually does smell like bubblegum, a girl with cats' eye makeup snapping her gum at you as she texts at warp speed, on her way to a party you'll never get into. Then the fruit changes to something more like gardenia and BC ends up as a very nice and refined tuberose/gardenia perfume.

Very short-lived but so entertaining it's entirely worth sampling.

Lana148
Lana148

Sweet, white floral bomb with some animalic feel. Strong and heady, not for a shy person. No innocent bubble gum here! Misleading name.

butterbean
butterbean

Blast of intense SWEET tuberose coupled with the sweet tropical Pikake flower or Jasmine Sambac! I LOVE LOVE IT!
Will be needing a full bottle of this pricey business.

my review from the forum:

BubbleGum Chic - Love the name btw.
Really sweet tuberose and pikake (jasmine sambac). To me, it does not quite meet the bubble gum note. It is more floral. It is really amazing. It kind of reminds be of a sweet bubblegum, but its totally tuberose. There is a review below that says a floral bubblegum - ok yes.

BubbleGum Chic - while sweet it is very floral. Good strong projection. Not too heady, really wearable and a yummy tuberose. Dry down is even more a sweet bubblegum like scent.

Beyond Love - It is a bit similar, especially the opening, however BL is creamier, more fleshy, greener, the main accords last a wee bit longer. a lovely but muted coconut comes out in the dry down.

(I happened to have Beyond Love - so added it as a reference)

It also reminds me of TerraNova Pikake and other purely sweet pikake scents. However, Bubblegum Chic has none of the heady cloying parts of tuberose or the pikake - just the candy like sweetness.

I think BubbleGum Chic is really amazing. Especially if you like sweeter tuberose scents. Not really a childish candy scent, yet it is sweet and does kind of have a bubblegum like scent to it - name is totally apropos.

This is crazy stuff a concentrated effort in perfumery to evoke quite a sickly and (I suspect) acquired taste of a smell.
It really does smell like bubblegum folks...the opening is quite the sweet shop explosion!
It'll have you wondering 'where does the Chic come into this equation?'
Well I'll tell you.... the synthetic smelling candy sweetness then becomes positively identifiable as tuberose and jasmine in a strong concentration which at first comes across undilute and chemical but then changes to naturally floral. This balance is maintained but flip flops back n forth.
I like this kind of white floral but there's no chance I'd ever wear it.

Elite Gentleman
Elite Gentleman

Want to smell like a bubblegum-chewing Barbie? This one got you covered. The only reason I know about this fragrance is because a girl I dated wore this. At least she wasn't wearing Lady Gaga perfume.

adrienn99
adrienn99

Promising opening ... I was told by the SA there was incense in this one and to me it smelled like it as well (although the notes won't justify that now)...like incense & raspberries.

So back then I thought this was edgy but soon the honeymoon was over (about 30-40 mins after putting on) and I ended up wearing a bland and slightly synthetic mess. Too bad. I guess I'm glad here that it did not stay for more than 2 hours (a bit poor for an extrait de parfum)but then I guess that is good when it came to me.

Tapinview
Tapinview

You know this a beautiful tuberose centric fragrance . It is sweet , natural smelling, and rich. An intoxicating white floral. From my point of view I trust this Ja,es Heeley to understand his palettes probably there are several blow your socks off tuberose centric fumes out there; and what do you do when you are directing, risking, a passionate lover of perfume and balls to the wall. This is a stunning sweet, lolly nuanced heady and rich fume. There is a gorgeous and somewhat unexpected rich vanillin drydown . Oh gosh no... I cannot add another delirious tropical floral to my ridiculous collection nonono...there is nothing 'chic' about this, it is sex on steroids...

Jellybean
Jellybean

Floral bubblegum. Smells like a vintage bubblegum, don't think anyone had that before :) but you know what I mean, well let me clarify.....
Tuberose, jasmine and bubblegum; bubblegum interpretation thru these flowers as close as possible, still not the kind of bubblegum you want to chew on, smell yes, why not. It's a grown up chew.
Overall, it's just okay, too expensive for such a bubblegum imitation.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

I adored this and it smells just like pink bubble gum along the line of bazooka , but done in a more elegant way, however this scent does not lasts. Projection is not good. I'm surprised this is lasting for some. I'm disappointed.

DancingVeggie
DancingVeggie

I am usually an oriental and gourmand can, but I bought a sample and I am hooked. It starts off very floral and fades to a yummy sweet classic bubblegum scent. Of course, the fragrance I would like the most lately would be expensive... Just my luck.

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

Amazing!!!! It's a huge tuberose fragrance but somehow it really does manage to smell like bubblegum! Imagine chewing on a giant, juicy wad of Bazooka Joe, yet it's all floral at the same time. It's such an interesting perfume because if you think about flowers, it smells like tuberose and jasmine, but if you think about pink bubblegum, it's definitely there. I am a gourmand lover and I don't tend to go for overly floral perfumes, but the fruitiness and yumminess of this delicious extrait just can't be overlooked and I find it to be such a unique scent that it must be appreciated! I also love how concentrated it is. One drop and you're good to go! It's quite expensive, but I think my sample will last a LONG time. If you like bubblegum, or another take on tuberose, please at least give it a try! And for the posters looking for it, Surrender to Chance has samples, and I believe Lucky Scent might as well.

LA2000
LA2000

I don't get bubblegum, but I do get a nuclear bomb strength sweet, gourmand-ish tuberose. This stuff is incredibly potent. Use sparingly. Probably best to spray it AWAY from you and simply walk through the fragrance cloud. Not only will you smell good, but the room will smell like tuberose for hours.

al.to
al.to

I like it.
Gourmand,delicious balsamic and radiance
For a girl who want glows with color(
pink and white)

claudia0219
claudia0219

To me this is an absolutely wearable Jasmine and Tuberose fragrance. I have a very hard time with the likes of Fracas and FM Carnal Flower, they are too much, to loud, to animalic. There is sort of a twist to this one that takes out the animalic aspect a bit. In a weird but addictive sort of way I do get a little hint of bubblegum, so the name Bubblegum Chic is not weird at all. I think if you are scared of big screaming Tuberose and Jasmine scents this one maybe the answer for you. Easy spritz finger on this one will help you appreciate the scent even more. Less is more.....just saying.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

Does anyone know where this perfume can be purchased? The Heeley site does not list retailers or sell it via an online store. =/

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

Eeeew - why ? really WHY ??? ... I mean seriously this would have been intolerable enough in plain strength, but to have it as an extrait - just no, no, NO thank you ! ... There really is too much of a good thing. (Not that this is particularly "a good thing" to start with. Sorry, but a totally waisted opportunity for some excellent extraits from Heeley. ~ Oh well .......

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Who in Gods name is this marketed to? This is niche for the Hollywood surgery set only, surely!! I am ashamed of you James!

Bubblegum Chic knocked me down. Between the "inspirational words" I read "pink", "extrait de glamour", "passion", "lips", "appetite", "fatale"...I'm loosing my patience. Bubblegum Chic is clearly marketed as feminine and my point is this: how is it possible in 2011 to use such trite commonplaces to describe a feminine fragrance? Please someone tell me. It looks like Mr Heeley committed the writing of the presentation of his new fragrances to the cast of "Sweet Sixteen". Not to talk about the fragrance that is a boring tuberose / jasmine composition with an exasperating fruity-bubbllegum effect. As per Agarwoud you can have plenty of better options at any price if you want a tuberose centered composition (Tubereuse Criminelle, Carnal Flower, Giorgio Beverly Hills, Histoires De Parfums Tubereuse 1 and 3, Fracas, First, Madame Rochas... to name a few).

Tuberose for Barbie.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about James Heeley Bubblegum Chic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about James Heeley Bubblegum Chic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bubblegum Chic by James Heeley. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bubblegum Chic by James Heeley represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.