Designers » I-K » Aromatic Green « Groups

Figuier James Heeley for women and men
dislike

ozonic
milky

Reminding us of Mediterranean, this fragrance is fresh and green, representing an olfactory image of a leafy fruit tree.

The composition opens with notes of fresh grass and rhubarb. The heart contains fig leaf and white tea, while the base is composed of white cedar and dry grass.

It is available as 100 ml EDP.

Grass Rhuburb

Fig Leaf Tea Melon

Virginia Cedar Hay White Musk

Figuier Fragrance Reviews

Tapinview
Tapinview

This is a lovely fig scent, so fresh and green without that slightly cloying and oily overtone that makes me not so totally in love with Premier Figuer and Philosokos. There is a hint of summery fruit and a zing from the rhubarb and fresh green notes. The touch of coconut flesh is I think an illusion produced by the fig aroma chemical. I find it very female friendly as well and I'm very sensitive to a too masculine skew in unisex frags. If you are looking for the perfect green fig do try this, along with the magnificent but much sweeter and richer offerings from Profumum Roma, Ichnusa and Dambrosia. Like all Heeleys it is great quality with good lasting power and sillage.

pravda48
pravda48

I spray this one and the first thing I think is "beach trip!" so I do understand where others are getting a coconut vibe. I'll get to that more in a minute.

So I get 3 main notes from this: FIG, coconut oil, and cantaloupe. The fig is by far the most present. It has that realistic musky/dusty woodiness of fig tree branches if you're familiar with that, plus the green milky sap kind of fig right off the tree. Very yummy, nicely balanced. I'd call it more gummy than juicy if I had to give its sweetness a texture.

Then the coconut, less present than the fig overall but BIG in the opening spray; it's more like real coconut oil, the kind at health food stores that's virgin/cold-pressed, without any of the acidic bite those real oils have or that you find in, i.e. coconut hair products. Smooth and sunny and beachy without being cheap smelling.

Then, the melon. Let's get this part out there: it does NOT SMELL LIKE CALONE to me. It smells like real cantaloupe, the watery rind and the ripe orange flesh. So yes, you probably need to like that scent to enjoy this, but only for the first 30 mins or so because then it goes back to being mostly about a cocobutter fig. It's not cheap, or abrasive, or calone-y like something that fell off a shelf in any given drug store in the 90's. The quality is clearly there and it's not a common smell in perfumery which makes it all the more smile-inducing as it's unexpected. This is NICHE melon, done right. It makes its appearance, speaks its lines, then bows gracefully off stage.

Fresh & sweet, green and milky, fruity and woody, this is a delight any time of the year or when you need a pick-me-up. Always make me smile - I can't help it, it's sunshine in a bottle! Or rather, lots of my favorite products of sunshine mixed together in a bottle :P

P.S. Pretty sure it's been discontinued for a while now... (writing in 2016)

Eupatoria
Eupatoria

Truly unisex. On men, it will show off its masculine pepper notes. On women, it will be just herbal enough to tease with what is not a stereotypically feminine scent.

This is the first perfume that both my husband and I can wear and feel that it enhances us both.

To me, it smells like sex. Not the musky, sweaty sex smell -- we all have smelled perfumes like that. But it alludes to dry mediterranean nights, with a salty and refreshing breeze -- maybe a tryst in a fig tree grove. There is some tree bark scent that completes the illusion.

It is sharp at first, but then gets more rounded.

Does it smell like true fig? Sure. It does nothing to allude to ripened, sweet, juicy figs. This is still a young fig fruit, perhaps even under-ripe. That is why there is so much promise to this scent -- the fig has yet to ripen and to fully develop its potential to become a sumptuous fruit.

There is some fresh grass and some rhubarb, too. It is not 'fresh' per se; it is sensual and fresh.

I don't get coconut at all, unlike other reviewers. There is nothing powdery about it, or cloying for that matter.

It has good projections and stays on the skin all day. When my husband puts it on in the morning, I can still smell it close to his skin in the evening.

Highly recommended.

lafindesiecle
lafindesiecle

it seems this one is quite polarizing, and frankly i'm on the "totally love it" side of this.

i'm slowly becoming quite a fan of fig fragrances, and i love the concept behind this one, of the whole tree, from dirt and roots to leaves and fruit. on my skin, this changes beautifully over a few hours, through every possible iteration of fig. starting out with a sharp, green and citrusy opening, then calming down to that woody, coconutty, syrupy musk and a bit of amber, without ever veering into the overly-sweet and synthetic coconut that so many fig fragrances are guilty of.

i find this one beautiful and fascinating, but while the drastic change from green/fresh to warm/deep fascinates me - how can something go from so green and fresh to something woody and gourmand in 90 minutes? - and seems quite impressive, i have a hard time figuring out when i'd want to wear it.

sillage and longevity are also quite average on me, which makes me hesitate to call it FBW. but definitely worth a try, especially if you're a person who loves trying iterations of fig fragrances.

polly golightly
polly golightly

tra i tanti profumi, che hanno come nota predominante il fico, sin qui provati, questo è, d'accordo con Luca Turin, un fico iperrealistico. e non solo. l'inizio è polposo, bagnato, verde: un misto di foglia di fico e qualcosa di fruttato. quindi ci si sposta su territori decisamente erbacei e terrosi: come sniffare un ramo dell'albero. quindi, assai lentamente, si giunge al fondo legnoso: siamo alla corteccia. la sintesi dell'intero albero, passando attraverso tutte le fasi della sua vita, e della sua intera essenza. come dire: l'albero di fico nella sua totalità rivive in una meravigliosa fragranza. ottima persistenza, splendido viaggio olfattivo. ottimo

Claudioud
Claudioud

Coconut hairspray

freakypirate
freakypirate

What a strange fig scent, it smells like mint on my skin! There is definitely some sort of tingly sensation that I usually associate with mint or menthol, even though it's not listed in the notes. As the perfume develops the fig and coconut become more apparent but the menthol thing never really disappears. I like Premier Figuier better because the latter is more of a gourmand and is very sweet. A matter of personal taste :)

Karenin
Karenin

From what I've read, James Heeley is a British designer who also happened to become interested in composing perfumes without any formal education in this area. As his designs tastefully marry up functionalism and minimalism, I expected his scents to be in a similar vein. So far, I've sampled four of Heeley's spring/summer perfumes and am pleased to say they have lived up to (if not exceeded) my expectations. The first one of the lot I'm going to review is “Figuier”.

Before testing Heeley's “Figuier”, I'd never paid close attention to the fig note in fragrances. By that I mean I'd never buy a fragrance just because it smelled of fig. The first perfume I got containing the note was “Un Jardin en Méditerranée” by Hermes. I found its fig fruity, slightly milky and pleasing to the nose. Heeley's fig, nevertheless, is a different story. Instead of reinterpreting only the fruit, he gives the note a more thorough treatment: the fruit, the leaves as well as the bark. As a result, “Figuier” is unmistakeably green and outdoorsy. While the fruity-milky fig tends to bring to mind a lazy summer afternoon spent dozing in a hammock, “Figuier” pulsates with energy. Another thing I enjoy about Heeley's perfume is that the fig does not play second fiddle but is the star of the composition. The supporting roles are allocated to notes like grass, melon, hay and musk.

Luca Turin claims “Figuier” is an epitome of “hyperrealist perfumery”. I can only agree and add that, from my point of view, in this fragrance James Heeley “deromanticises” the fig note. His fig is green, invigorating, natural-smelling and, above all, fun. To put it simply, an absolute joy to wear!

RiqueSchiavon
RiqueSchiavon

Slices of melon covered with fig leaves, over the grass of a forest of cedars filled with a fog of green tea. Tasty, fresh, green, strong and clean! I can easily fly with this. Incredible!

Final notes:

Fragrance:10/10;
Longevity:8/10;
Sillage: 7/10.

Kain
Kain

You know, when you smell a fragrance sometimes you hate it, sometimes you kind of like it and sometimes you love it. but rarely happens when you test a fragrance and the scent shocks you and makes you say WOW!
This fragrance did the same thing to me!
Very natural and extremely high quality fig based fragrance that stays figgy all the time and fortunately it doesn't get coconuty!
The opening is a bitter green figgy smell with some sort of salty aquatic vibe.
The fig note here doesn't smell like ripe fruit which is sweet and tasty. actually it's more like green unriped figs while they are still on the tree.
When you pick the unriped figs out of the branch some sort of white sap comes out and if you smell it, it has a mineral feeling into it. the scent has that feeling as well.
I can feel a soft salty aquatic feeling and a bitter herbal aroma beside figs too which makes the scent more green and fresh and also more natural.
The scent is not sweet. it's watery, figgy and fruity almost without sweetness. it has a resinous mineral feeling and finally it's a little salty and bitter green.
It's just amazing and so damn natural.
In the mid that salty and bitter herbal feelings are almost gone and while I can still smell the green figs, very smooth sweetness joins the scent.
The sweetness is very soft and it's not even creamy.
There is a little bit of woods but completely in the background.
Projection is average and longevity is around 5-6 hours on my skin which is very good for this kind of scent.
I haven't tested too many fig based fragrance but this is definitely the best.
A great choice for summer and something very different from those citrusy summery scents that you can smell it everywhere on anybody during the summer!

شما وقتی عطر تست میکنین معمولا بازخوردهای مختلفی ازتون سر میزنه
یا چشماتون تنگ میشه و قیافه تون کج و کوله و میگین این چه کوفتیه دیگه؟
یا یه سری تکون میدین و دهن رو کمی کج میکنین و میگین ای بدک نیست! خوبه
یا خیلی خوشتون میاد و چشماتون درشت تر میشه و میگین عالیه
اما به ندرت و بعضی وقتا پیش میاد که با بو کردن یه عطر شوکه میشین و ناخوداگاه میگین واو
این عطر از این آخری ها بود برای من
همونطور که از اسمش پیداست به عطر بر اساس رایحه انجیر هست که جزو کارای خنک و بهاره تابستونه دسته بندی میشه اما این عطر یه سری خصوصیات خاص داره که اونو از هم سبک های خودش تا حدی متمایز میکنه
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی سبز، خنک و میوه ای انجیر شروع میشه منتها نه به همین سادگی
اکثر عطرهایی که بر اساس انجیر هستن بوی عطر بیشتر حس شیرین و شبیه به میوه رسیده انجیر رو دارن که بعد از مدتی کمی حس نارگیلی پیدا میکنن
بوی خوب و حس لذت بخشیه اما من دوست ندارم عطری که قراره بوی انجیر بده خیلی شیرین بشه و حس نارگیلی بخودش بگیره
این عطر برعکس خیلی عطرهای انجیری دیگه بویی شبیه به انجیر کال داره
یه بوی مشخص میوه انجیر، منتها سبز و تقریبا بدون شیرینی و اون حس کال درش حس میشه
تاحالا نمیدونم شده مرض داشته باشین برین انجیر کال رو از درخت بکنین و له اش کنین یا از وسط نصف اش کنین و بو کنین. وقتی انجیر کال رو بکنین یه شیره سفید رنگ هم ازش میزنه بیرون و اگر دستتونو بمالین بهش و بو کنین یه بوی یه جورایی خاکی، شایدم بشه گفت فلزی یا شبیه به بوی مواد معدنی و این چیزا داره. حالا تو این عطر همچین حسی هم وجود داره به اضافه یه بوی تقریبا شور و کمی دریایی و یه بوی گیاهی خاص
در مجموع بوی عطر اولش بوی میوه انجیر کال رو میده با حس میوه ای بدون شیرینی و البته با حس سبز، به اضافه اون بوی خاص صمغی و شیره ای که از ساقه انجیر میزنه بیرون به اضافه یه حس ملایم شور و دریایی و یه حس گیاهی خاص و کمی تلخ که تا حدودی شبیه به بوی کندر هست منتها خیلی ملایم. فقط در حدی که یه حس گیاهی کمی تلخ و کمی عجیب به عطر بده
شروع بسیار خاص و متفاوتی داره که البته به مرور زمان عطر بوی نرمال تری پیدا میکنه
اون حس شور و دریایی و اون بوی گیاهی خاص تقریبا از بین میرن و عطر در عین حال که اون حس سبز و میوه ای انجیر خودشو حفظ کرده خیلی جزئی شیرین میشه
شیرین نه زیاد در حد یه میوه انجیر رسیده و نرم
یه شیرینی ملایم مثل یه انجیری که تازه داره میرسه
خوشبختانه بوی اتجیر تو این عطر اصلا حس نارگیلی پیدا نمیکنه که یه نکته مثبت خیلی بزرگه برای من

پخش بوی متوسطی داره اما ماندگاریش نسبتا خوبه. چیزی حدود 5-6 ساعت روی پوست که برای یه عطر خنک عدد بسیار مناسبی هست

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

I detested this. The opening is toxically sweet and chemical, like nail varnish remover.

The drydown is more bearable, but still there's something extremely synthetic about the sweetness. It reminds of 'pear drops' -those hard boiled candies shaped like pears and rolled in sugar.

This smells like it was made for teenage girls. Definitely not worth the price.

becuille
becuille

I've just worn this all day and it's a strange one for me. I don't think I actually like it, but I am fascinated by it.

The fig is the most realistic fig I've ever smelled. It's very tangy, earthy and green. But I wish something other than rhubarb had been used with it. I feel like the combination of these two accords makes this fragrance too bitter.

First spray was not pleasant. Someone else mentioned furniture polish and I agree. There's a very pungent, chemical smell on the opening here. It takes about an hour for it to go away.

When it does finally leave, there's such an interesting, crisp scent, but it just never stops being a touch too bitter for my taste.

For all this is a fig scent, I wouldn't class it as gourmand at all. It's much more a green fragrance. The grass is lovely, but I never really get the cedar or white tea.

I spent half of today wanting to scrub this off of me, but now it's going, I kind of want to try it again tomorrow and I don't really know why!

This is certainly worth trying because it's a very original and interesting fragrance. I doubt I'll buy a full bottle though.

henri345que
henri345que

Altough i like fig scents, this one is not for me. Heeley Figuier is in fact a very realistic fig fragrance, able to reproduce both the leafy and the fruity aspects of fig. But there is something on its opening that i dislike and reminds me of furniture polisher. I guess that it may be the rhuibarb. Figuier opens with a fresh, grassy note, then followed by this furniture polish note, which is quick but enough to bother me while it lasts. Then both fruity and leafy aspects of fig goes into the center of the aroma. There is something on the fruity side of Figuier that reminds me of the coconut soapy aroma of Marc Jacobs Men, but a little bit refined and less forced. The base is very close to skin, a faint woody green whisper. Figuier seems an elegant, minimalistic, non-ofensive fig, it`s not one that i would have.

Tlclovesme
Tlclovesme

I tried this scent at the same time as Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier. This one is starts off very bright, very unique and fresh and clean with a hint of brown sugar or sugar cookie. Lovely and unique. I was tempted to walk out of the store with a bottle. The drydown on me is very cloying and powdery, not at all like it starts. Almost like "old-lady" perfume. So glad I didn't spend $180! The Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier, while it goes on more softly and is a warmer scent to start, dries down very smooth and subtle.

Not too long ago it seemed that every house was coming up with its version of the fig perfume. Oud seems to have replaced fig as the "note du jour", but many fig creations still persist, and Heeley FIGUIER offers a unique take on this note.

The fig is up front and center from the first spritz: both wood and fig leaf, but none of the sweetness of a ripe piece of fruit. I do not know much about the natural habitat of fig trees, but this one seems to have been planted in the middle of a rain forest. Tall trees with large leaves are dripping with water to the point where the branches are bowing down to the ground. The leaves are glossy, and the moisture in the air portends another deluge to come.

Green green, green, and wet, wet, wet! There is a very open quality to this composition. It feels cool, not warm, and far more aromatic than oriental. I generally prefer fig in a woodier, spicier complex, but FIGUIER should appeal to anyone who loves watery green perfumes, provided that they also like fig! Unlike many mainstream watery perfumes, this niche offering smells quite natural.

mse-21
mse-21

Very natural and grounded scent. The fig here is presented in an astringent and herbal composition and plays the main role itself.

On my skin it is amazingly long lasting with good projection. I also appreciate the high quality of ingredients. However, it is more of an abstract creation than commercial. In fact I think James Heeley wanted to 'replicate' the natural scent of 'Figuier', rather than creating a handsome and wearable scent out of it! Specially considering the price tag, it's a 'No!' for me.

lfmars98
lfmars98

I have worn this twice based on a sample from lucky scent. Very green. Similar to Premier Figuier but no coconut. Unfortunately it last no more than 3 hours on my skin. No buy for me.

Wow this so didn't work for me. It went on as coconut, fig and a cold dry note like dry concrete mix. This metallic dry concrete note overpowers the whole thing for a full fifteen minutes and lingers into the next stages as the scent develops more green fig and a synthetic watermelon note. That stage passes too and the whole thing ends up without the concrete, in a milky coconut fig that begins to get really perfume-y in a slightly soapy sharp way at the end. Changes alot, but not in a way I want to experience again.

BurningAcid
BurningAcid

It is indeet a beatuful fig. For me the most beautiful. I have got a long jurnay to discover my fig scent. I have tried the most of them. And this is it! It is not as sharp as Phylosikos, it is not as sweet as Làrtisan Premier figuier and it is the most lasting fig of all. I also like The fig from Parfumerie Generale, but the lasting power is realy poor. The Fig from Jo Malone is also beautiful, but again no lasting power whatsoever! The Miller Harris Fig is way too boring for me... And here she is: a nice realistic green fig, with a hint of melone (or is that rhuburb?) and a wonderful woody cedar base! Just perfect! I am very thankfull to the sale lady, witch presented this gem to me! AusLiebeZumDuft I love you and thanks God you are only 15 min away from me! :))

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

I m astonished to be the first person to review that beauty! Are you a fan of figue scents?? THEN it COULD BE THE ONE for you.. in that case I agree 100%with LT in The Guide,this is the clearest figue scent in a perfume that Ive ever smelled..in the opening notes. After some minutes I can smell some green tea notes and the grassy fresh mowed hay but no rhuburb..maybe that s a good thing then.The staying power was amazing on my skin, applied in the morning and at 5 o clock pm I still get some cedary figue.. I have only a sample of that summer scent but am now considering buying a full bottle...dream

Figuier by James Heeley 3.65 out of 5 based on 120 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about James Heeley Figuier fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about James Heeley Figuier, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Figuier by James Heeley. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Figuier by James Heeley represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.