Designers » I-K » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Menthe Fraiche James Heeley for women and men

Menthe Fraiche James Heeley for women and men
dislike

ozonic

Universal and modern, natural and ultra fresh unisex fragrance.

Top notes are mint leaf and Sicilian bergamot. The heart contains lotus and mate, and the base is formed of white cedar.

It is available as 100 ml EDP.

Mint Bergamot

Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint
Green

Menthe Fraiche Fragrance Reviews

hullhockey91

Talk about an uplifting and vibrant juice....this stuff smells incredible! Hands down the best mint note I've ever smelled in a fragrance. The way it blends with the tea is so relaxing and addictive.

The only bad part is, if you over-apply, it becomes very cloying and will make you tired of it, and of course the performance is terrible. Such a bummer!

Scent: 8.5/10
Projection: 4/10

VanMarlton
VanMarlton

I freaking love this thing! Best mint on the market - yes! Lol. Really masterfully done and feels just right. Inoffensive, clean and uplifting.

bailão
bailão

this one was such a disappointing olfactive experience for me. All I get is basically freshly picked mint crafted with an unpleasant grass note (herba/tea). Not for me, still sel marin being the best from the house!

Blind buy?! Only if money is one of your last concerns in your life, lol.

Buysblind
Buysblind

The best mint fragrance you can buy. Menthe Fraiche is a cool, clean blast of pure spearmint over a base of light, white green tea. This is one of the most refreshing scents I own and something I look forward to wearing every spring. Projection is very good and I get pretty good longevity from it as well, about 8 hours. Just think refreshing, clean, semi-sweet natural spearmint, crisp and cooling and you'll have a good idea of Menthe Fraiche. If you're in the market for a mint fragrance, look no further. Best for casual daily wear in the warmer months. Thumbs up and recommended as a blind buy.

bapita
bapita

Smells awesome - minty, unisex, fresh - but within an hour or two, it's completely gone. Lousy longevity.

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

I'd heard about this fragrance a long time ago but I never had a chance to try it because Heeley does not have any sales point here in Brazil as far as I know.
After receiving a 2ml samble finally I could try it and confirm what some of my friends used to say about this wonderful perfume.
Some say that this perfume smells like smint toothpaste or mint gum what for me is absolutely ridiculous because this perfumes smells MINT, a very good and soft mint by the way.
I think this is a very unique scent, worthy of consideration by people who really like simple, fresh fragrances and don't mind mint/sweetness. Projection/longevity are lacking, but you can always wear more, or put unscented lotion on your skin right before spraying. But for what it's lacking in those areas, it definitely makes up for in quality of scent. This is unbelievable, and definitely without a doubt will be my #1 summer daily-wear scent as soon as I have a chance to buy it. Fabulous and refreshing!!! Perfect perfume for Summer!!!

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I had gotten in on a split of this juice and it wasn't what the hype says. This is a good mint fragrance but other than that it lacks projection and longevity. I had to use between 7-10 sprays just to get longer than a couple of hours. I enjoy another scent that lacks longevity called D&G The One but I don't feel bad picking that up for $50 compared to this being $185. I much prefer Geranium Pour Monsiuer to this. Smells better and lasts about 6-7 hours on skin. My rating for this would be a 6/10. I think it is blended well but at the end of the day, buy Roadster or Le Male to get your minty jollies other than this. Better performance and it won't hurt your wallet like this will.

You ask for fresh mint? Well, this Heeley creation certainly delivers. Lots of mint going on here, with a big emphasis on spearmint.

I see that many reviewers have compared this mint festival with the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria mint entries. Hmmmm... I prefer the somewhat milder AAs. The scent here reminds me of the wild spearmint in our backyard when I was a child. So, yes, it is fresh!

The drydown reminds me in wafts of Morrocan mint tea...

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

A monstrously minty mixture of turpentine and toothpaste; Harsh, nose-shredding sharpness from beginning to end.

Sorry, but this is awful.

Lana148
Lana148

The best mint based fragrance I've ever encountered. Really great gob on this one!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Heeley is formidable house, a totally primal scent, we can say that mint is quite natural and legitimate.
Opens minty and aromatic with a veneer aspect seems grass, should probably be the chord of tea.
Brings us a cold and invigorating sensation, also freshly cut grass, i feel something like a velvet green chord aspect.
Tailored for spring and summer.

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

James Heeley makes elegant, subtle perfumes - Menthe Fraiche is no exception. This is undoubtedly the most natural and authentic mint fragrance on the market, but it seems that maintaining that authenticity comes at a cost: longevity and projection are minimal. I'm lucky if I get 2-3 hours out of this one.

This fragrance, to me, is almost a perfect olfactory representation of mint tea on ice. It is both chilly (the menthol effect inherent in mint) and green (like dewy grass or fresh green tea leaves). Like others in the Heeley line (Sel Marin, Iris de Nuit, etc), it clearly prizes subtlety above all other virtues.

If you are inclined to seek out fragrances that whisper rather than shout, you really should explore the Heeley line. I really like his fragrances, but none are truly must-own. They're just a bit too quiet. Also, they were more reasonably priced prior to the 2011-12 price increases.

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

Elegant, discrete with a touch of happiness... great style 5/5

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Nice is about all it is. A decent mint and tea scent with no silage at all. The opening is very sharp and after 30 minutes or so it's skin scent. Their are many other mint based scents that are much better and more affordable IMO. Roadster by Cartier comes to mind. This gets a thumbs down.

nasvoulg
nasvoulg

It opens with a blast of mint which lasts for about 5 minutes. Then turns into a sweeter flowery version really fresh and up lifting. The dry down is a combination of musk and green tea and somehow it reminds me of " Un jardin en Mediterranee" by Hermes but without the fig. It lasts for more than 8h on me, something I did not expect.

lyktor
lyktor

It's a really thick mint, didnt like .

Marciu
Marciu

The best mint on the market I'd say.

On me it smells like a mint green tea with fresh mint leaves put straight into it. Flowers, citruses and woods are playing the supporting role here and are barely noticeable.

Longevity all in all is about 8 hours on me, but it's not a loud perfume. I'd say - the warmer it is outside, the more it projects.

It's an EDP so I think it can be worn all seasons - could be a perfect choice for the lovers of fresh fragrances. It needs more sprays in cold seasons though.

Definitely one of the best from Heeley brand.

Bartdino
Bartdino

I love it...it's a very very refreshing cologne (not a eau de parfum at all) with a decent sillage. Start with a minty note never like toothpaste like for example Geranium pour monsieur and citrus and finish with a very nice tea and cedar base. Very beautiful work and very fresh...

hullhockey91

I love this scent. i am a 21 year old male.

It starts off with pure mint. Im not lying when i say pure mint. Crushed spearmint leaves. About 20-30 minutes later, it develops into an addictive sweet, fruity, citrus, minty fresh amazing smell.

Right in the MIDDLE of feminine/masculine. Well maybe ill give this 60% masculine 40% feminine.

I believe it makes it more masculine if you can wear it as a male. No one would point at you and say youre wearing a womens perfume. Its a very sexy masculine smell. SUPER fresh...but deep at the same time.

I also believe a woman can wear it. It would be a nice feminine smell on a woman.

Just addictive.

Bottle...here I come.

fjelluft
fjelluft

I love mint, I hate the fragrance. On me (!) it smells like newly moved loan. This intense, bitter all over the place strong smell. And this is probably the only of the "green" scents I dont like. Mint is something I barely notice and no citrus.

Awakening950
Awakening950

This smells 100% like the meadow tea we had behind our house when I was a child. The longevity is not good if you go with a typical 3-5 sprays but if you get crazy with the trigger and douse yourself it's very good. The only Heeley frag I own but it's well worth it.

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

@ Antfarm
I absolutely agree. It smells like a spear mint gum and then vanishes after 20 minutes. The price tag doesn't warrant at all.

antfarm
antfarm

Wet on the skin, Menthe Fraiche smells just like fresh spearmint crushed between your fingers.

After about fifteen minutes it becomes a straightforward bergamot/green tea scent that is pleasant and natural, but not different enough to warrant the price tag.

nerskine
nerskine

The minty start settles into a lucious longer-lasting citrus. I love this, and so does my (picky) husband.

Bstefcorbin
Bstefcorbin

Initial heavenly spray of fresh spearmint fades behind the lemon verbena, settling into a very pleasant (increasingly sweet) scent. Reminds me of the inside of my mothers purse when I was a child. Up close smells faintly of bubble gum in the nicest way. My favorite A A herba fresca now smells to me like soap! The sprayer works very well. One pump produces a very fine burst of spray as large as the palm of my hand, so hold a bit away. Love this one. Fellow mint lovers, what's next??

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

This is a very fresh minty, green tea scent with some sort of white musk underneath it all. Lasts much longer than you'd think. Some days I got 4 hours out of it and some days I could still smell it close to the skin after 6 hours or more. I have never smelled anything like it before or after. Didn't love it enough to spring for the full bottle but the sample was fun.

tmukome1
tmukome1

Just sublime, so much love for this fragrance. i fall deeper in love with it every time I wear it.

amenta.shen
amenta.shen

First my skin caused this to blast me with an orange peel aroma, but quickly settled into Moroccan mint tea with the slightest undercurrent of white woods. Perfect summer fragrance. I don't think I could pay 100+ for this though. It's nice, but there are other minty scents that are far less expensive

jannalev
jannalev

Well, I guess that's just my chemistry, but on me it smells like lotus, and a very defined one. Quite unexpected, but I really like it. I get strong mint only in the opening, but it dries down quickly and becomes very subtle. So "Fraiche" - yes, "Menthe" - not exactly... Still love it though;-)

Kterhark
Kterhark

Mint is the scent of pre-meditated passion.

Think about it, what do you do before slipping into bed with your lover? You gargle with mint mouthwash. When meeting a date? Chew on mint flavored gum. Ah... nothing gives the green light like the clean smell of mint.

So yeah, I like menthe fraiche. It asks the right question without giving away the answer. It really hits the sweet spot, if you will.

kris919
kris919

This is a nice mint perfume with sharp herbs. This doesnt last long at all..but I really like it. too expensive for a full bottle imo

al.to
al.to

a fresh cloud of mint
between white and green
very bright and light
obviously It begins with mint declined in a icy way
sometime It seems like mint is mixed with a pinch of green apple
but it is only an impression
Certainly there is an herbaceous note.
the dry down is a little disappointing:green tea
sometime I can feel a metallic fresh base note

easy to wear for all ages.
perfect for hot season

Heeley's scents are for most delicate gentle and minimal

An unpretentious (but successful) attempt to create a non-toothpaste mint fragrance. Lemony-mint on top (smells much like verbena and mint) on a smooth and very natural cedarwood/musky base. Mission accomplished.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

Henriette
Henriette

If you can stand the initial anti mosquito spray feel and let it develop, then you end up with a nice mint perfume. Nothing too special, nothing must-have thing but nice. I love a few scents which do not start in an impressive way and I let them express themselves into their maturity, but this one has head notes that really irritates me. Sorry, would love to love it but simply can't.

junglefun
junglefun

I had a sample of this and liked the mint smell, as I do like mint, but it's too minty for a fragrance for me. I would like something that is minty but with other detectible notes as well. Great scent, but not a buy for me.

patlegolfeur
patlegolfeur

This is probably what you would get if you crushed mint leaves with citrus peels on a piece of cedar bark. It's that simple and natural.

Menthe Fraiche by James Heeley 4.21 out of 5 based on 236 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about James Heeley Menthe Fraiche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about James Heeley Menthe Fraiche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Menthe Fraiche by James Heeley. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Menthe Fraiche by James Heeley represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.