Designers » I-K » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

Sel Marin James Heeley for women and men
dislike

marine
salty

Feel the sun, warm sand and sea air breeze…

Top: lemon and Sicilian bergamot. Heart: marine salt and algae. Base: vetiver, birch and cedar.

It is available as 100 ml EDP.

Bergamot Lemon Green Notes

Salt Sea water Seagrass Moss

Musk Cedar Leather

Oxygene Homme
Acqua di Sale

Sel Marin Fragrance Reviews

astaldohen
astaldohen

Having this on me for about three hours now. I don't expect it to last much longer (4-6 hours maximum longevity) , but that's about the only downside to it. Best representation of the open sea I've ever smelled, better than Aqva, Kenzo or Aqua Motu (Sud Pacifique), this all about sunscreen, sand, wet towels and salt on skin after laying at the beach for hours. So natural, light and elegant. A tad spicy, leans on the masculine side and gets warmer when drydown arrives. I get mostly salt for the duration of the fragrance, with the rest of the notes changing and morphing on the salt, which works as a backbone until the middle section. Talky soothing woods await at the end of a short but enjoyable trip. Very good for the sea or intimate close encounters.

kingderella
kingderella

I'm impressed with how accurately they managed to capture the "salty sea breeze" scent with this one. Unfortunately, it has also a very dominant sour note, which breaks the fragrance for me.

purecaramel
purecaramel

I am quite taken with all the Heeley Perfumes I have tasted. They all carry a pure, fresh, contemporary feel. None have stood out as ostentatious or loud. They present a studied competence and precision that I admire. All have been and are extraordinarily wearable both in casual and formal.
Sel Marin is one of the only Aquatic or Ozonic that I can wear with any enjoyment.
That being said I give it a reluctant neutral due to the fact that I would not purchase a Full Bottle.
Anyone who is interested in the Aquatic, Ozonic really needs to sample this, for it is indeed, well executed.

Lightning
Lightning

Sel Marin smells like nothing but you can still smell it in the same sense that club soda tastes like nothing but you can still taste it.

steve1991
steve1991

The opening is such a pleasant seabreeze, but it doesnt last at all...

bailão
bailão

James have done such an excelent job on catching the oceans/beach breeze! Sel Marin is a real Niche perfume and a high quality one, indeed. It is soo diferent than what I could imagine when I first heard about this one. It's not similar in any way to the designers aquatic/citric/beachy fragrances on the market, and that's why I say this is a true niche perfume (cause we guys know that there's a lot of "niche" perfumes that are very similar on purpose or even on smelling/longevity/performance factors to some GOOD designer frags).

By the way, this is a very good fragrance, in my opinion the best aquatic perfume in the market nowadays, although I like VPH and some others designers for the summertime too.

I give this an overall 9/10. Longevity and projection on my skin are satisfying (6+ hours of longevity and 1 and 1/2 hours of close to skink projection).

Some people say that this one reminds them, at some point, to fish smell, and I definitely can understand why, but I don't agree with them. Sel Marin is an incredible fragrance to use on hot days, when going to the beach or to a pool party/bbq.

By the way, this is a very good fragrance, in my opinion the best aquatic perfume in the market nowadays, although I like VPH and some others designers for the summertime.

matthew369
matthew369

ok. there is Aquatic, there is oceanic, then there is marine and then there is this which is just plain fresh fish.... it literally just smells of fish. i really wanted to like this but you will literally smell like fish at a fishmongers if you walked around with this! DONT BLIND BUY!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I love Heeley's other creations - especially Iris de Nuit and Cuir Pleine Fleur, but Sel Marin is definitely an aqua perfume, so if you're not keen on those marine notes you'd find in turquoise candles titled 'Sea Breeze' or whatever, you'll find this perfume as irritating as I do.

There may well be sea grass and all that, but the synthetic aqua note wafts up and drowns out everything else. As a lover of the seaside whether it's winter or summer, in the wilds of Scotland's west coast or the Mediterranean, this perfume doesn't transport me to the sea.

But if you don't mind those aqua notes it's a great example of this type.

Sillage moderate, longevity several hours

Cerulean
Cerulean

★★★★

While smelling like a completely realistic marine salt water shore setting, it manages to be refined and elegant. It's the perfect scent for a chic man. Definitely only for summer and day use.

It smells citric at first and then it settles down to a woody salt fragrance with a discreet vetiver. The seaweed note is always there making it purely a marine fragrance and not an aquatic in the melony/calone/watery sense. Drydown smells the same as the base notes but you only trace wood and a slight musk while the seaweed has faded and is very soft.

On my skin sillage is moderate and longevity is amazing for a summer fragrance reaching 8 hours! The only reason I didn't purchase this is because I liked Acqua Di Sale's take on the marine theme more as its more sensual and creamy and mysterious while this is brighter and straight up sea time (with citrus and woods evoking a harbour feel instead of sunscreen notes fragrances like At The Beach 1966 use) Also, I wanted a scent that I can use in the summer nights as well, and this is only suitable for day wear in my opinion.

Be wary though, to someone who is not passionate about fragrance the combination of seagrass and citrus can resemble the scent of citronella (spray used to keep mosquitoes away) To me it doesn't but I asked a few people and that was the feedback! But it all comes down to personal experience more than what other people think!

Definitely one of the most interesting marine scents out there!

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

After obtaining a sample from Heeley's website I was very excited to try this, marine scents are among my favourites.

Unfortunately Sel Marin turns my stomach, there is something underneath this that is "briny and fishy". People say that there is something wrong with the nose of anyone who picks up on this, but I assure you, it is there.

Once the initial burst of lemon and other stuff is gone, you are left with what I would call "fishermans wharf" or "fish market" or anywhere that old fish and seaweed and salty water come together.

The Driftwood is well done, but the whole composition is just not something I can get on board with as a fragrance.

I would warn strongly against a blind-buy. If you are interested, buy a sample like I did because when it turned up it was not what I was expecting at all.

I actually love the smell of a real harbour and sea salt and seaweed, and the ocean, but Sel Marin just does not work for me.

I actually purchased Tom Ford's Costa Azzurra instead. Which has all the elements of a summer/ beach/ seaside fragrance I was looking for.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

I have a real affinity with the sea. I believe in pirates and mermaids and I respect the calm contemplative aura as well as the stormy damage it inflicts taking lives and leaving widows for no understandable reason.
James heeley has nailed this element. It's no way a seductive sexy scent. It's a favourite book you open to revisit a feeling and sense of realness. When this goes on your skin you will be treated to virtual ocean. So much that it evokes the sky and wind and weather, there is sunshine if you try hard enough to want some.
It's expensive for a reason. The time and thought and creation process. Anyone who seeks the best of the best should stop here and take notice. It IS the sea!! And all its allure and mystery.

gelo999
gelo999

Sel Marin is the first aquatic fragrance taste I like.

It evokes the smell of the sea and some of its nuances: fresh, salt, algae, aquatic plants and roots, and woody with hints of moss.

Opens with fresh citrus, mixed with marine and salty notes in order to move towards a dry soft moss woody vetiver with a similar aroma. The whole mixture very successful because the feeling of sea, freshness and naturalness is perfect.

The first time I smelled Sel Marin gave me a smile that really smells, sea bottled as perfume, in fact I thought that if I wanted to do a perfume with scent of the sea will surely look like this.

A must for all those lovers of aquatic fragrance test.

Rating: 7

HollandJ'ann
HollandJ'ann

I purchased this perfume based on their soap. I got a sample of Sel Marin soap in a hotel I stayed in while in France.

I saved the box, so I could purchase more if I liked it and after using the soap in the shower, I was in love with the scent.

Anyone who buys a perfume based on the SOAP, knows it's a great scent.

James Heeley is a very new fragrance designer and I'll be following his creations from this point on.
Because of severe allergies, I can't normally wear perfume anymore, but so many have said this wont bother me, that I went ahead and ordered a 5 ounce sample.

If all goes well, I'll shell out the big bucks for a full size, because I want something I can spritz on every day whenever I feel like it and have that soft clean french milled scent.

It's very very nice. Not heavy and perhaps the most natural scent I've come across in a very long time.

Good job Mr. Heeley! Oh.....don't EVER discontinue this. Lol

smellavision
smellavision

Wow, this is really nice. A new take on the traditional summer fresh scents á la Versace and Calvin Klein, but qualitywise in an entirely different league. Instead of opening with a huge blast of citrus, the citrus note (lemon and bergamot, I believe) is detectable but only discretely hidden in the airy mix of salty sea breeze, followed by vetiver with cucumber (and hints of cedar or birch) that also sneaks into the backdrop of the seaside overview - which is mercifully without the usual calone backdrop.

Over time the entire thing develops into this great aquatic/marine scent. What I noticed most of all, is that this gem smells so darn... natural somehow. It's hard to explain. The only other really summerlike scent I can think of that differentiates from other aquatics and citrus colognes like this is Creeds SMW, not that the scents are alike but they're both summery and something very different from the usual other citrus and aquatic blends.

Sillage is average, but longevity is exceptional - I'm talking 10-12 hours here, which is rather incredible for an aquatic. My only complaint would be the pricing, as $130 for a FB would be too much for some people to invest, but if you see it for a price that you find reasonable, go grab it! Overall probably the best aquatic I've tried.

mjb413
mjb413

I'm not a huge fan of aquatics in general but this I find quite interesting. It's not synthetic ocean breezes but a truer interpretation of the sea.
Unfortunately, on my skin, it reminds me exactly of the water in the bottom of the pot after I've steamed a batch of blue crabs with Old Bay Seasoning. It's briny, fishy, woody with a hint of lemon. I give it high marks for stepping out of the box and providing "ocean". However, it's not something I would ever wear.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Sel Marin opens very briny on me, a burst of freshness and saltiness. I also smell hints of citrus. Then, it quickly turns more green on my skin. It reminds me more of seaweed than of seasalt. As the scent develops it gets more woody as well, but very dry. The drydown is a dry seaweed/green briny mix.

Sillage and longevity are moderate on me.

Hmmm. I like the smell of the sea, I like the smell of sea salt and how it smells on your skin, but this became too green for me. Too green as in, seaweed lying on the sand being dried out by the sun. You know, with flies and all. Interesting scent and it definitely kept me busy for a while, but this is not the kind that I could wear.

Momenti
Momenti

"Forever Happiness" ****

Memories are my main trigger for my fragrance reviews. And this is one of those deeply linked to my far memories. Those of forever happiness.
In SM I recognize the long summers on the beach since my childhood: my salty body after a sea bath, walking on the sand and enveloping the towel around me. That is: the smell of my wet towel. And the sun shining. And the sea drops on the tanned skin.

Now I want the chips and my Berliner!

archivist
archivist

I had to laugh at some of the earlier reviews, because of how accurate some of the unconventional observations are!

Ketchup potato chips
Oyster, with lemon
Bento box
Briny single malt scotch

All that, and it's pretty great. Aquatics are a non-starter for me because of the honeydew melon aspect that they all have. Honeydew is my favorite muskmelon, but I don't want to wear it all day, I can enjoy it at the breakfast table or at the market but wouldn't enjoy it for hours on end. Too sweet.

I do like the sweet and salty aspect of this fragrance, Sweet and salty and of the sea. I'd love to smell this on someone else in a hug.

Little Prince
Little Prince

Unlike our memory of the sea aroma, which usually is false, a trip at the sea side is enough to restore its genuine proportions. The smell is bold, tremendously piercing and causes equal feelings of unease and invigoration.
True to the real experience Sel Marin simulates exactly that, striking a chord untouched before by marine perfumes. This unsweetened composition avoids the usual sporty vibe propagated by most aquatics and goes straightaway for the authentic sea effect. Upon first sniff, I get a harbor ambience which gradually recedes to a lucid sea breeze sensation. This derives from the very clever coupling of sour citruses and an evocative, ozonic, saltwater-grass accord. An ethereal floral element is also present but in a very delicate way. Honestly, I have never run into another perfume as realistic of the sea element as this one. It is the sand, the flowers and the hay along the beach, but it is the harbor too, the rusty iron keels and the dirty seaweed hitting the moss populated dock walls.
A true marine fragrance.

thegreat787
thegreat787

Not bad, also not great or wwoowow for me. Smell nice when I applied but after 15-20 mins like other acqutic fresh marine type frags. I will not pay that high price since cheaper options are available to get almost same result.
7/10 my score.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

I'm not one for aquatics, personally, but this at least doesn't have that harsh, chemical smell I get from most sea water scents.

It smells realistically beachy; the opening is an invigorating sunshine bowl of lemons and salt spray, with a pleasant warmth created by the cedar.
As it wears down, I pick up on a tangy quality that reminds me of warm skin, drying after a dip in the ocean.

Not unlike Jo Malone's "Wood, Sage & Sea Salt", but more nuanced and longer lasting.

sortilege
sortilege

Fantastic- be it the sea, oysters or whatever other marine likeness it has Heeley has nailed it with this. Great if one is looking for a fresh and light fragrance with a difference!

Smat
Smat

To me this fragrance smells like ketchup potato chips without the smell of deep frying oil but with a beach twist to it. The dry down smells like ketchup potato chips sprayed with an aerosol hair product. Don't get me wrong, this fragrance is great!

muzzbait
muzzbait

very salty, extremely saltwatery and very marine. it's hard to put words to this scent, i think it's definitely a creeper, in that it doesn't WOW you immediately, but it most certainly is NOT without its charm.

there's a sad, melancholy element to this marine based scent. unlike L'Artisan's "Batucada" (sp?) which celebrates the summer/holiday element of the sea, this one focuses more on the sea as the immense body of water which dominates our planet. i don't see this as a celebration of the sea, but almost like a god-fearing ode to the monster which takes so many lives...

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A wellness this aroma brings to me.
Aquatic fresh scent with a perfectly balanced saline chord, combining precisely with a clean golden.
This is merged seems mixed with flower petals, and this causes a feeling of fullness, like a sailboat in a beautiful ocean with calm waters, I who live very close to the beach, these chords really remind me of sea air , the famous salty air.
Work of art ocean, without another word.

mlleghoul
mlleghoul

A dim lit sea save, illuminated by phosphorescent crystals clinging to salt crusted walls. Mossy rocks, worn smooth by time and tides and the wind, which echoes eerily through the subterranean stone chambers. Bits of driftwood and seaweed and perhaps small animal bones littering the damp chamber floor. A sea priestess lain dormant, waiting for a dark ritual to conjure forth from slumber. This is a Dion Fortune novel in a bottle.

KiraAR
KiraAR

This is just lovely! On me it's sweet, salty, citrusy cedar. Very different from the usual amber, vanilla, and pink pepper notes that call me, but that's OK. Sometimes you need to break out of your comfort zone! One sniff takes me straight to the beach.

I was also extremely impressed with the longevity of Sel Marin. I wore this to the lake on a relatively humid 80+ degree day, and even hours later, I can still smell it. Definitely full bottle-worthy.

Malthus101
Malthus101

This really does smell like the seaside - in that repect, it's clever. On the other hand, it poses a problem; it is bordeline unpleasant.

Because the smell was so interesting on blotter, I elected to try it on my skin - for me, it's one of those scents where one is compelled to keep smelling it but is always slightly put-off by the smell!

It kept wafting up to my nose as I worked and after an hour or so, it started to make me feel a little nauseous. The problem comes not from a salty smell but from a seaweed/cuttlefish kind of smell!

I'm still curious about "seaside" scents - I have smelled Profumum Roma's "Acqua di Sale" on card which is great.

I hope it works better on my skin than this did.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

I think I'm in the minority here in that I'm not a huge fan of Sel Marin. On my skin and to my nose it opens with lemon and salt. A while into the composition the dirty algae note appears (it develops more quickly on a hot, humid day) Beyond that, nothing. No vetiver, no woods. Not offensive by any means but it lacks depth. I find Sel Marin to be a sterile interpretation of what the sea is supposed to smell like, rather than what it actually does smell like.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Sel Marin is so much more beautiful than I expected. Looking at the notes, I thought it might have been easy to tell exactly what this would smell like, that is, besides the illusory green notes in the pyramid.

Along with the salty, citric marine notes, on opening I detect an unusual brightness. Bitter, fresh and a lot like kaffir lime leaves--dark, leathery and crushed. Additionally a subtle fog of clarifying--almost to the point of numbing--haze of something akin to cloves. A bit of an evergreen-citron thing going on.

I don't detect any fishiness at all--the seagrass note is sun-burned, parched and tasty and sands well with the cedar in the drydown. All the while, the fresh bitterness persists.

Sel Marin is a beautiful dark, yet vibrant marine scent. High quality with a deep natural feel, and one that I'd wear to a sultry dance club in one of Poseidon's caverns at the bottom of the sea.

Gwizz
Gwizz

This would be the greatest summer aquatic on the market if it only lasted more than barely 2 hours and had some sort of silage to speak of. Because apart from that rather serious fault with this fragrance, it is an amazing scent! Briny, fresh, salty, green (not blue), woody with a dose of citrus, it is outstanding. But at the price point it occupies, I'm afraid it's longevity just doesn't cut it for me. The most refined aquatic out there, just sniff hard and enjoy it before it disappears from your skin in a puff of vapor!

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

This is Heeley's signature fragrance and the leader of marine scents. Worth every penny, summer seaside joy. All your Shelter Islands, Fire Islands, Coney Islands, Hamptons, Sag Harbours and Montauks can go to hell!

cmbathyal
cmbathyal

Review based on the sample received from lucky scent.
This frag is fresh ozonic spicy..Its simply pleasant like ADG not in composition but in the feel..soft confident and clean. Very versatile smell. Sample has average life on me infact weak. Interesed to know performance issue on this.

Brenao
Brenao

This stuff is amazing, very wearable, a little bit green. One of best summer fragrances I've felt. Imagine sea water with greens leaves infused, soft and lovely. I don't know why, but reminded me my childhood. It's not a kind of complex smell, not an ovni(ufo) smell, it's very common in a certain way, but is so well done, so soft, like a breath. Among the best summer fragrances I've met, if not the winner.

robg303
robg303

First, I'd like to thank the grateous members who gave me tips and ideas in my search for the perfect aquatic and beach scents. Much Appreciated!

That said, yes, you were absolutely right in your suggestions, there are more than I thought possible out there and all were great.

Especially this one from Heeley!

This is the best beach fragrance I've encountered.
Sel Marin is woody, salty, aqautic and lighlty marine musky underneath. Simply fantastic!

The previous reviews are all very goood, so I can't really add too much more, but I will make honorable mention of two other fragrances like this one, that are similar also very good and would be less expensive, good alternatives to this one.

1: Toyoko Milk (Marin Sel) & 2: IL Profumo (Aria de Mare).

All 3 are similar but still unique enough to add some variety to the oceanic category.

Ultimately though, this Sel Marin from Heeley is the more sophisticated of the bunch and one of the best interpretations of a beach fragrance I've ever experienced.

sdcga161
sdcga161

I was sooo looking forward to this one, as the reviews have been so very positive. It is indeed a lovely scent, very aquatic with a beach-like sensation. But...there is an undeniable fishy note here, which, while completely expected at a real seaside location, is not at all something I care to smell. Thankfully this was a decant, because I can only imagine what some of my friends and co-workers would say if they caught whiff of my wearing this.

mousemousecat
mousemousecat

makes you smell like an oyster. even has lemon juice in it!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Gorgeous aquatic, ocean smell is really captured in it, light and easy to ware, unisex, very recommended.

becuille
becuille

This is such a gorgeous, clean aquatic. It's like walking along a rocky beach while the waves crash in front of you and the wind blows through your hair. A very realistic rendition of the sea, not overly-romanticised, but the sea as it is.

The lemon, sea salt and algae are strongest on my skin. Then after about 2-3 hours this strangely switches on me from being simply aquatic to being a citrus vetiver - it reminds me of Atelier Cologne's Vetiver Fatale almost exactly at this point. But I'm not complaining, I love that fragrance too.

I get a slight and very subtle whiff of something musky lurking in the background which makes it nigh on impossible to stop sniffing my wrist trying to catch it when I wear this.

This is very unisex. Of course anyone, man or woman, should just wear the stuff they like, but I sometimes find unisex perfumes to be too masculine on me for my personal taste. I never have that problem with this, yet I can imagine it smelling absolutely amazing on a guy.

I get about 7-8 hours from this with moderate sillage. It's definitely on my full bottle wishlist.

mathieuq613
mathieuq613

authentic sea water with ocean view at 6 oclock when the wind is there and time for lunch wow oh wow

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

This is how you do an oceanic scent - not crazy synthetic like most designer aquatics (aerosol hairspray notes) and not overly sweet and cloying (I'm looking at you, Creed VIW). This much more closely approximates the smell of an actual beach town than any other fragrance I've encountered. This smells authentic - in the sense that you can smell the salt air, the seaweed, the boardwalk, and just a whisper of SPF.

One caution - this is more reminiscent of a northern seaside town than a tropical beach. Perhaps that is why it appeals to me much more than a fragrance modeled after hawaiian tropic. I like the smell of Pina Coladas and Daiquiris as much as the next person, but I don't want to smell like I've bathed in coconut rum.

slapdash
slapdash

Sea, not ocean.

Murky green rather than sparkling blue.

The dock of the bay instead of the beach.

More overcast than clear sky.

Autumnal breeze as opposed to the searing, windless heat of midsummer's sun.

Brisk instead of temperate.

Yes to a tumbler of briny single malt Scotch; no to tropical fruit punch.

Sel Marin. The anti-aquatic aquatic fragrance. Fabulous.

pyji
pyji

Although I do love this, it really does smell like Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea with added salt and leather. I just can't justify paying that much for this, I'd rather actually spend the money on a bus ride to the ocean.

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

This is one of the best perfume that i ever had,when i wear it i smell like i have been bathing in the sea and i let my body dry in the sun.
Lovely notes are green notes,lemon and especially cedar that perfumes of the scent of musk and that is very hars and i love it.
Its a perfume that i recomand it at all :)

Buysblind
Buysblind

I like Sel Marin because it projects the natural charm of a breezy, coastal salt air but doesn't make the mistake of trying to be too realistic and include the elements one typically associates with low tide (fishiness, rotting vegetation, etc.). As a result it is a very wearable perfume and it smells wonderful. It opens up with a salty, light citrus and a bit of spiciness--what almost smells like clove rests quietly underneath. Then, it quickly progresses into the heart where it becomes rather ethereal and very aquatic in nature. Its scent trail exudes salt water, the summer, and fresh marine vegetation, and it is all executed with a careful conscientiousness toward cleanliness. Is there a soapiness to Sel Marin? Not exactly, but there is something very fresh and clean about it, almost a light floral touch that graces the background. Also, this is nothing like the aquatics one typically encounters in the mainstream market--it is not synthetic or scratchy in the least. So, if you are an aquatic loather, don't be turned off by Sel Marin's label. It's very different from what's typically out there, and IMO, better (I actually like a lot of mainstream aquatics...this is just on an entirely different level). Projection is very good, as is the longevity. This is definitely worth trying and I would even recommend buying it blind if that's something you're into.

Kain
Kain

Actually I was expecting something very salty and aquatic out of this but it's not.
This is a really nice, high quality and classy summer scent that surprised me from first sniff.
The opening is fresh citrusy scent with a little salty feeling.
The citrusy note is a little sweet and almost juicy and that seagrass/salt smell is smooth and OK. it's not so sharp and extremely salty like "Bond No'9 Wall Street" for example.
The scent changed to a very light and bright woody scent with those semi sweet fresh citrusy note surrounding it and just a little salty feeling.
The scent is not something different and unique but it's very well balanced and classy.
If you like a well made and classy fresh/salty/fruity fragrance like "Creed Millesime Imperial" I highly recommend to check this one out.
Almost the same idea but with different smell.
Projection is moderate (not so good or great) but longevity is really good. 7 to 10 hours which is really impressive for this kind of fragrance.

یه عطر تابستونه و خنک خیلی خوشبو و با کلاس که شخصا خیلی خوشم اومد
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی خنک مرکباتی شروع میشه که مقداری رایحه های شور و دریایی اونو همراهی میکنن
رایحه مرکباتی عطر کمی شیرینه و بوش خیلی ترش نیست ولی حس میوه آبدار و تازه و کمی شیرین خانواده مرکبات رو داره
رایحه شور و دریایی خیلی تند و تیز و قوی نیست
مثلا رایحه شور و نمکی و دریایی تو عطر باند وال استریت خیلی قویه اما تو این ملایم و بسیار قابل قبوله و دز بسیار مناسبی داره
در رایحه میانی و پایه بوی عطر تقریبا همینه فقط کمی ملایمتر و مقدار خیلی کمی شیرین تر میشه و یه رایحه خیلی ضعیف و ملایم چوب بهش اضافه میشه و در مجموع روی هم بوی بسیار دلپذیر و شیکی رو بوجود میارن
بوی عطر خیلی خاص یا متفاوت نیست اما کیفیت بسیار خوب رایحه ها و بالانس بسیار خوب بینشون از این عطر یه کار قابل توجه میسازه
پخش بوش نسبتا خوبه. خیلی قوی نیست اما بوشو میتونین به خوبی حس کنین اما ماندگاریش خیلی خوبه
بین 7 تا 10 ساعت که برای همچین سبک عطری واقعا عالیه

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

A strange and intriguing scent. On first application, it smells as if you have walked along the beach on a day when the air is heavy with salt. You can smell it in your hair. Or it smells like a piece of driftwood you picked up. On me, this phase dissipates rather quickly, retreating into a smoky wood, like charred driftwood. The longevity seems short on me, but I think Sel Marin would be very sexy on the right man.

RayFlash
RayFlash

Am I smelling fish? Yes, I am. It's herring. Be warned!

Other than that, it's a pretty nice, light aquatic with a plush musky drydown.

gerhard.mulder
gerhard.mulder

Heeley's Sel Marin is coming home from a stroll next to the ocean, covered in sea spray, and cuddling up to a loved one. Difficult to say where the mineral saltiness of the ocean stops and the musky salt of your lover starts. Even so, Sel Marin is a very subtle fragrance, and after the top notes disappear it sits jealously close to your skin, not leaving it for hours and hours. This scent is absolute perfection.

thedashingdarlings
thedashingdarlings

What a perfect unisex scent! I cannot stop smelling my wrist. Sel Marin manages to be a sexy, fresh, aquatic scent that sits deliciously on my skin, and yet I would also love to smell this on a man. (It smells like a cleaner, classier Adidas Moves for men, refined and freshened, with a bit more mystery. It is also much more subtle and complex, but the notes have similarities.)

It opens with a fresh citrus and ocean breeze scent. I almost feel I can smell something like honeydew melon adding a delicate sweetness in the background. As it wears, it settles into a warm but still refreshing scent. I don't pick up the pine notes mentioned by others, but I do get a very slight cedar on the dry down.

Overall, very light and easy to wear, without ever being boring or common. Completely and totally in love. Definitely picking up a full bottle of this, and I'll even share it with any visiting men-folk.

fuckoff123
fuckoff123

Dat seasalt! This smells like a sea oyster drenched in random fresh cologne.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

It's been a long search, but finally, I have found the scent which has tormented my memories for thirty odd years. Unlike all the other marine based fragrances I have ever tried, this contains not a trace of that sickly sweet watermelon calone note. No sharp blends of lavender and lime at work here, this is, in short, a work of complete genius, as transparent as Meditteranean sea water. Close your eyes and inhale. Like a salt exotic offshore breeze, though this fragrance, you can smell the hot sand running through your fingers, Spanish lemon groves, bleached driftwood with dry seaweed clinging to it. This beautiful creation is so evocative of dried sea mosses, an offshore breeze, salt on the skin, soft muskiness in the salty drydown, I know nothing else like it. I love everything about driftwood, the feel of it, the look of it, the smell of it, the salt it leaves on your fingers. There is a faint trace of those gorgeous vetiver/cedar colognes the Greek men just love to wear, but not enough to disturb the tranquility. When I wear this, I am alone on the sandy beach at Vourvourou, looking out to the small ocean smoothed islets in the clear turquoise ocean. I can hear the gentle hiss of the smallest waves pushing through wet sand, The forest behind me, the sun on my skin. Along with L'Amandiere, this has become one of my all time favourites - ever. Mr Heeley, please, never change this fragrance. Slight update... wearing this in English Autum Cold, damp weather changes it to something even better. More vetiver, more mannish, still enough salt freshness to keep it beautifully transparent, but more, blasted by icy sea spray on the wild, untamed and cold scottish coast then sunning yourself in the Med...If I inhale deeply, I can see in my minds eye, the ocean from The Black Isle in Scotland, huge, foreboding and grey, hissing on a funereal pebble beach with the white bleached bones of driftwood scattered all around. This is just magnificent.... WOW! Who'da thunk it? More postscript - My bottle is nearly empty. Time for a new one. Now that, dear reader, doesn't happen very often.

somevelvetmorning
somevelvetmorning

Gorgeous, light (but lasting), fresh (but not too green), warm (but not ambery), sweet (but not floral or gourmand sweet).

I don't like florals and this is exactly the kind of light, summery, all-occasion scent to take this gal through the season.

I smell an initial blast of citrus, and then it settles into the warm vetiver. 13 hours later, and it still lingers.

A must-buy.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Wow! If you can get past the incredibly strong and off-putting seaweed and sushi bento box opening lasting about 20 minutes then you're treated the scent of walking along a beach boardwalk on a partially sunny day. Sand, sea spray, seaweed and hints of citrus and flowers. An awesome and quite unique take on a summertime beach aquatic! Be that as it may, I respectfully dissent with the sel marine lovers on this one and fail to love or like it. The seaweed, fresh fish and true marine notes are way too strong in the opening and linger in the drydown. Sushi and seaweed smells belong at the beach and my sushi platter, not on me. It's very well made and well executed. So don't let my opinion stop you from trying it if you want a totally unique and interesting take on a beach aquatic!

Syren

Opening reminds me of walking along a path with roses, trees and has a blend of citrus/bergamotte, then the fresh smell of the sea, ozone, salt and seaweed. Love it, reminds me of perfect summer days at the sea. After some ours my skin smells the way it does after swimming in the sea and being in the sun - in a good way!

antfarm
antfarm

On my skin this is not a beachy "fun in the sun" kind of perfume. This is a very true-to-life fisherman's pier fragrance.

Yes, there is the salty sea air on the pier, but it is a day with grey skies. There is also something--maybe the algae, that does make it smell like a shining, scaly fish being cut open (FRESH wriggling fish; not nasty-smelling fish sitting in the grocery seafood aisle).

Tobarome
Tobarome

Just fantastic! Unique in a way but somehow really reminds me of Lanvin Oxygene for men. Sel Marine is infinitely better though!

FSU92grad
FSU92grad

I love it...Clean, Fresh almost like rubbing sea water on your chest....Best Aquatic IMO on the market....And Im not sure why people are complaining about long lasting issues....It lasts very long to me....at least 6-8 hours....I think the problem with many of these fragrances that people complain about longevity is most suffer from olfactory numbness....Where they can't smell it on themselves but other people can...I have experience that with hundreds of fragrances but trust me, its still there and it still smells great....

RAPProds
RAPProds

Love it. Radically different, with the faint citrus note an exception, and is as described: sun and salt and sand, like a day at the beach (or in my salt water pool). So great I just wish it would hang around a little longer. But that's the trouble with sophisticated scents: they're evanescent by nature. But just the same, I'm hooked. Makes the day.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Great , clean scent with a salty air but too short lived, not long lasting!

Syren

On me it opens fresh, as others have noted with citrus and maybe pine? Then some flowers, salt and seaweed blend in and it ends by smelling as if I have been at the beach, swimming and enjoying the sun. Liked it!

francescadb
francescadb

I love it and it`s definitely my summer favourite, so far. In particolar, I can smell salt and that reminds me of seawater...Amazing

Joe1717
Joe1717

I love aquatic perfumes. This is one of my favourites. I imagine myself sailing in the Mediterranean. Not just smelling the sea from the shoreline, but been a part of it! Fresh, with predominant salty and sea water notes. Great!

Oscar_84
Oscar_84

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to smell it in a niche perfume store. I immediatly recognized the great freshness of this fragrance. As soon as I sprayed, I identified salt and lemon notes... my thoughts went to the effervescent citrate that dissolves in water...
Sel Marin is a pure summer fragrance and you will smell it after 4-5 hours.. It is a fragrance out the ordinary.. If you love salty fragrance, Sel Marin is perfect for you! :-)

kankri
kankri

This opens with a blast of citrus and saltiness. It actually is pretty sweet on me, though you can definitely smell the saltwater. I can almost taste the salt, it leaves a definite hint of saltiness at the back of my throat.

I smell no fishiness... and this honestly doesn't remind me of the ocean, no more than a glass of lemonade would. Perhaps it's just too sweet on me? I don't get any seagrass or anything really oceanic about it. I definitely notice some greenness/woodiness hovering in the background, though.

In the end, this is sweet citrus woods with some saltiness for me. It would make a very nice summer scent, but I don't think I'll be buying a bottle myself.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Regardless of what some folks have said this does NOT smell like fish- ever. At least not on my skin. It's lovely salt, some green and lemon that is stronger in the topnotes and then dries down so that the aquatic saltiness dominates. I love this scent and want a bottle for summer. It's so light and refreshing, like sea air on a sunkissed beach. There's a background of wood also, like the Olympia National Forest by the seaside. I think James Heeley is a very talented perfumer and this is one of my favorites of his scents.

Zenith
Zenith

Thoroughly impressed with this fragrance. Reminds me of the Demeter company, how it imitates a particular smell with incredible accuracy. It actually smells like the beach, a nice clean sun-kissed beach with the lemon from your fish and chips still on your fingers.

Where I live and work it often reaches 40+ Celsius and extremely high humidity and I think this could really help me get through some of those sort of days. I constantly felt fresh and free the entire time I was wearing this.

It is a little bit pricey, but I may just have to save up my pennies to get some more of this delightful fragrance

Fezziwig
Fezziwig

This fragrance is nice but I find it more feminine than masculine. It smells better on my Wife. If you are a guy and looking for a nice aquatic scent, I would recommend Pecksniff's Aquamarine over Sel Marin.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with a lemony citrus saltwater blast which is later followed by vetiver and other notes.

This is one of the best aquatics on the market. Close your eyes and imagine the beach with blue skies and the warm mediterranean ocean and then smell this fragrance. You will get that WOW factor as it captures the beach/sea vibe so perfectly. A masterpiece and if you are going on vacation or you are looking for a scent for the heat then this is the best you can get. Brilliant aquatic composition.

s2164059
s2164059

Smells great...wish it lasted more than 20 minutes on my skin...

oxford21
oxford21

Pastis & some salt

LarsoC01
LarsoC01

I like the opening - Citrus and sea air together create an almost melon like scent.

On my skin the top notes disappear quickly and the musk starts in. The sea air smell then vanishes completely and all I can smell is musk and faint leather.

Maybe this one just doesn't work on my skin. I love the opening, but it only lasts 15 minutes, and too much musk gives me a headache...

Szexiv
Szexiv

This is one of, if not the best aquatic there is. I wouldn't say this smells strictly of ocean air (not in the sense of one running on the beach) but more.... dare i say "blue". To me, it smells like a clear blue sky with the wind gently blowing. If you're a fan of fresh scents like I am, this one is a must buy.

unwrittencode
unwrittencode

Warning: Don't buy it if you don't wanna smell like a fish ..... many people love this scent but its not my cup of tea, had to take shower after applying it on my neck twice, *MAKE SURE TO SAMPLE TEST IT BEFORE THE ACTUAL PURCHASE* ---- didn't get what I was expecting

al.to
al.to

update:
on skin it is a good scent fresh bitter astringent lemon
vetiver-algue
it's a well done work
really better than sel de vetiver
elegant and gracefull
like all heeley scents
high-rate

fish salt water and Seaweeds!!!really..flashback in my last tour on seaside.
The drydown put you in a fish shop.
it is softened than real fish and salt.
for nostalgic of the navigation in the sea.
Very natural never synthetic

I like it

Heverton
Heverton

This one opens up with dominant citrus chord guaranteed by bergamot and lemon, without leaving behind a very salty smell resembling perfectly a bright sea breeze aroma. A very linear fragrance perfectly made for hot days.

mal23
mal23

One of the best Overall Aquatics out their. As a man in his mid 20s, this scent starts off with a salt water feeling, then turns down to some vetiver and birch wood. Overall a pleasant light Summer scent. Amazing feeling of being by the ocean.

Jeune Homme
Jeune Homme

The best aquatic perfume that I know, very realistic. A promenade along the sea, the weather is rather cool, almost cold, and you can distinctly smell the sand. Just a hint of lemon recalls you that it's a perfumed composition, not only an olfactive photograph. Adorable.

LilMissFirecracker
LilMissFirecracker

alaaddin777, i smelled pepper too, just before the dry down. this is a sweet scent on me with just a mere hint of salt. that being said, i really like it even though i expected something totally different.

querelle
querelle

Summer, Sun, Sand and Sex! One of the most beautiful aquatics out there. I'm crazy about it's perfectly balanced saltiness and the feeling of wetness.
On a rainy day in London, the perfect getaway!
Two thumbs up!

Arvydas
Arvydas

One the best scent for summer,- beach scent!

hoddska
hoddska

fantastic bright clean opening ; not a "false" overly citrusy green scent like so many supposed water scents. after a fresh opening you really can smell sea water and salt and then it becomes sweet and fruity like the citrus blends with the wood notes to give almost a berry smell.. not sure how it lasts on the skin but definately exceptional even if it doesn't have super long lasting quality

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

it smells similiar to hermes voyage.
i smell pepper instead of salt.
voyage is a little bit sweet and citrus version of heeley.
i think sel marin is different from other marine /aquatic scents.
good perfume.8,5/10

drydown is so sweet feminen.i need more sharpness, less sweetness.

Papi
Papi

This really smells like sea! but the mediterranean one.

Must have it!

This (together with Tirrenico by Profumi Del Forte) is what an aquatic fragrance should smell like nowadays. Stop at Cool Water clones or calone-driven bombs.

An outstanding and impressively realistic salty fragrance. The best interpretation of a marine scent in years. Where Tirrenico uses flannel to recreate the feeling of the tuscan coast and sand dunes, Sel Marin stays almost minimal in its iteration of the woody-citrus theme with just an addition of iodized / marine salty note. A sparkling bergamot opening turning during the drydown into a stark vetiver-cedarwood combo. The scent doesn't get any sweet or sopay and keeps a totally fresh vibe throughout. Shiny, light-hearted, easy to wear and versatile. It doesn't happen too often for an aquatic fragrance to be so well accomplished and distinctive. Minimalistic yet incredibly striking. Totally endorsed!

Rating: 7-7.5/10

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Heeley Sel Marin opens dominant note is pine. It is really smells like forest,ful of cedar and pine. A note of sea water bring some new feeling to it.
Overall it is subtle nature kind of a smell perfume.

Kseniya
Kseniya

One of the best perfumes I ever had - combination of "real" (not synthetic)freshness and depth (imagine a pine forest on the seaside). Not sweet at all, but does not turn masculine on me. Most perfumes I simply can't wear because of some annoying notes at some stages, but this perfume is a total perfection for me.