Designers » I-K » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Verveine James Heeley for women and men

Verveine James Heeley for women and men
dislike

sour

Elegant, fresh and light unisex fragrance.

It opens with bergamot, followed by lemon verbena, blackcurrant and jasmine. White musk forms the base of the composition.

It is available as 100 ml EDP.

Bergamot Rhubarb Cardamom

Lemon Verbena Jasmine Black Currant

Musk

L’eau de parfum #3 Green, green and green
Incantation

Verveine Fragrance Reviews

mjb413
mjb413

This is a different sort of citrus. Definitely get the burst of lemon that is sweetened by black currant and made a touch tart by rhubarb. The cardamom comes across like carrot seed to my nose, earthy and dry. I want to like this but every time I sniff my wrist I get a vision of Bugs Bunny in a lemon grove eating a carrot. LOL! What's up, Doc?

Lana148
Lana148

Interesting summer fragrance.

It feels aquatic, fruity and herbal - definitely different, never came across composition like this before. Not too sweet, little tart and sour thanks to black currant and citrus, watery - because of rhubarb. I smell the most some vegie-green notes, which I am not a fan of in general, but they are very aromatic and pleasant anyway.

So, casual, summery, country-inspired splash!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Verveine opens with a splash of zesty, juicy green notes, tart and fruity, with a humid, earthy-hay note and an accord of "vegetable", dense, tasty, almost rural and somehow edible notes (the rhubharb, I guess). That is pretty much it, it smells like a nice and unusual exploration of all the nuances of green, with just some citrus drops, a discreet and subtle woody base, and perhaps a light floral accord (lavender oil?). A nice simple scent, lively, vibrant, refreshing but also dense, organic, "green" like a vegetable garden with a hint of "freshly laundered clothes" (and to be honest also a hint of "dishwasher liquid"). A bit linear but invigorating and relaxing, with a slightly smoky and salty drydown, always keeping it green and juicy. Nothing stunning but well-made and peculiar, a different "green scent" for the summer.

lyktor
lyktor

The opening is very bitter reminds a little bit of Blvgari Blv but with more quality ..

After a minutes the bitterness settles down and the scent becomes more wearable, very pleasant smell.

If you like green scents, you may enjoy it, but the opening is kinda scary

kfleumer
kfleumer

This fragrance is now called "Verveine d'Eugene", if I see correctly on James Heeley's website. Same notes, different name. Much better name. Vd'E is one of my boyfriend's favorites. It's herbal, aromatic and actually smells a tiny little bit of weed on him, in a chique way, if that makes any sense. I can see the sample being replaced with a bottle soon.

mickers
mickers

The overall aura of this fragrance has a heavier fresh shampoo quality about it. The top is heavy with lemon with some tartness from the rhubarb and the beautiful freshness of verbena. It is also a touch salty in the top as well. As the scent dries down more of the sweetness from the rhubarb comes out and I love it at this point. There is also a funky characteristic going on in the top, I think must be the black currant. When this fragrance finally dries down it's gets slightly creamy with a gentle jasmine and white musk. The jasmine is not dominant, if it were I would hate it. I think of this fragrance as unisex but have a feeling ladies would love this more than men. For me this is just OK.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

This is just like the dark, leafy green plants you find at the garden centres. Like leafy-green medicinal plants. It's too green for me- and bitter! But there's a natural blacberry note in there that's fantastic. I wished they had focused on this more and maybe developed it with the florals. It probably would've been a little too feminine then, maybe they would have had that in mind somewhere.

But sadly the bitter greens are off-putting and ultimately crashes the scent for me. I guess I just don't like tomato leaves. I only don't give it a 1/5 because it has niche quality that almost makes it bearable. It's a very powerful scent, so watch out when applying! It's certainly not a dominant 'citrus' I think from the top of this page (the scent-guide), but certainly huge on the greens.

It's eventually a little sweet (from the blackberry) that contrasts a lot with the bitter-greens, very challenging scent, and certainly not a 'safe' one. Always try 1st!

2/5.

yonka180
yonka180

This perfume reminds me of open salty ocean waters and mossy creeks at the same exact time. Opens up with a very invigorating, slightly minty citrus, which then dries to a close to the skin warm smooth and musky scent. A very safe fragrance, and very natural smelling!

al.to
al.to

update on the skin
there is a bitter wonderful note;very wearable

Interesting without be aggressive
Very pleasant verbena,
fresh humid and brilliant
also very green and vegetal
I can detect blackcurrant,blackberry or what it is.

personally it remember me a cup of fruit tea with lemon
You have to like lemon verbena accord
gently and polish.
I think that idea behind heeley scents is express "clarity".
certainly better then Terre de Bois,citron citron..

my cup of Tea

Jean-David
Jean-David

To Henrique : I'm a fan of Un Jardin en Méditerranée too, it's one of my "loves at first sniff", but I don't really see in what Heeley's Verveine would be similar to it. Verveine is far more aromatic and citrus based, close to a liqueur. Like you, I prefere the Jardin and its wonderful sunny and smiling aquarelle. But Verveine, with its simpliciy, modesty and yet its originality, is very beautiful too, in a different way, as far as I feel.

Very light and at the same time extremely sophisticated/refined as only a bunch of light fragrances can be (Bel Respiro, Jardins De Kerylos and very few others). Bitter tomato leaf and lemony verbena start the fragrance with a surprising (read challenging) effect to then evolve into a clean musky drydown that's incredibly enjoyable for its perfect combination between top quality ingredients and refinements. Not groundbreaking but still highly recommended to anyone into lighter/fresher, close to the skin, compositions. Downside: weak lastin power.

Henriette
Henriette

I am afraid this is not going to sound an appraise of a review. My impression is that here you get a strong anti-mosquito thing, either those candles for the garden or the spray for the skin. Yes, it reminds of Jardins en Mediteranee but less complex, it's just too simple a scent this one. I am sorry, not good for me.

Dimitris
Dimitris

Not the biggest fan of this one I'm afraid. This is not to say that it's a bad perfume, just one that leaves me a little indifferent.

The opening is striking simply because it has a citronellol overdose. While I love a bright, citrusy note, Verveine goes over the top and reminds me of some lemon and honey lozenges - basically artificial.

It's got an impressive structure and good lasting power for a citrus perfume, but as I said - over the top opening and an indifferent heart and base.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about James Heeley Verveine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about James Heeley Verveine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Verveine by James Heeley. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Verveine by James Heeley represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.