Designers » I-K » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

dislike

ozonic
Gold Jay Z for men Videos Gold Jay Z for men Videos
Gold Jay Z for men Pictures

"Gold Jay Z" is his first fragrance developed for men and composed with the help of Firmenich perfumer Ilias Ermenidis.

Top notes await us with a union of ginger, grapefruit, blueberry and cardamom. The heart emphasizes masculine vetiver incorporated with pink pepper, lavender and violet leaf on a base of amber, peace, teak and vanilla. Its olfactory character is described as a white fougère and it really has that scent, quiet, fresh, elegant and serene, gently heated with the warmth of amber and vanilla. Jay Z Gold will be available in bottles of 15, 30, 50 and 90 ml EDT, accompanied by perfumed products for face and body. The outer package completes the new edition's glamor with a golden relief surface. Gold was launched in 2013.

Ginger Grapefruit Blueberry Cardamom

AB Spirit Millionaire

Gold Fragrance Reviews

Jassar
Jassar

Yet another fragrance ruined by the ozonic, metallic accords that produce the chemical trash scent. Scrubber.

bigholly
bigholly

Got this as a sample at sephora. Sprayed it and hated it! Put my clothes on the next day and it smelled better to me. Was shocked to find out its for men.

kaysee
kaysee

It's not bad, but its really generic. Reminds me of Burberry Rhythm.
not gonna buy it. longevity is good though

Riobard
Riobard

Throw in the towel from hip hop this line of work seems to fit you in my opinion better good job on this one.

When I first tried it, I had assumed it was a woman'' s fragrance,as it was placed next to other feminine scents, it smells nice, sweet, aromatic, I didn't think it was for guys! Now, I guess for men out there who don't like over spicy, dry, strong scents , this would be nice, very nice, in the soft category, this isn't in your face masculine and dense, this is light, fresh and kind of distinguished..i can see my husband or one of my sons wearing this!!

Jillita
Jillita

I love this scent, and I am buying it for my husband - who will most likely immediately give it to our son as he is not a frag guy, though I keep trying things on him! And that's fine. I think it's elegant, understated, and it hits all the right notes for a sophisticated masculine scent. It is office friendly and it's great for casual and formal dates too. I definitely get citrus and lavender and pepper, and the teak wood. It's definitely a fougere at heart with a suggestion of vetyver. Projection is a foot or so, though my skin just drinks any perfume, with a quick fade out; about an hour and it's gone.

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

alot of people dont like this because a black man like me made it. But i like it. It smells elegant and sensual

puremalt
puremalt

I think celebrities can sell more bottels without putting their name on the fragrance. Who would buy a fragrance called Jay-z or Britney Spears ? It is sooooooo cheap.

Vertekal
Vertekal

I didn't want to like it. I figured it was just some junk that Jay-Z put his name on. I was looking for a cologne while doing some Christmas shopping, and smelled nearly everything at Macys and Dillards. I picked up GOLD just out of curiosity, and was surprised at how much I liked it. It was very mellow, and not to sweet or musky. After smelling nearly everything else, I kept going back to GOLD. Eventually, I found a gift set that included a bottle of aftershave along with the cologne and bought it. I still love the smell a month later, and my only knock is that the scent doesn't seem to last very long.

DJPaulsGimpArm
DJPaulsGimpArm

This is nothing more than a cheap alternative to Paco Rabanne One Million. It smells virtually identical and even the "gold" theme is a blatant knock off. That being said, it is actually a pretty decent facsimile. The initial spray has a lighter, slightly more "fresh" scent, but with more alcohol and synthetic notes. The dry down between the two is almost indistinguishable, except that longevity and sillage are somewhat weaker in Jay-Z's formula. Gold is also a bit less complex, but that is to be expected considering the price difference. I wore One Million on one arm and Gold on the other for a day, and these are the only noticeable differences I could find between the two. Considering this will probably turn up for cheap in bargain bins at TJ Maxx soon, I would actually consider buying a bottle as an inexpensive alternative to One Million.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Unoriginal, mass market and smells like a hundred other fragrances. I don't like it at all, and my wife made a stink face when she smelled it.

lil_taul
lil_taul

People hate on this cuz its jayz. A rapper. But calvin Klein puts out horrible fragrances. And ppl flock to it. I dunno y. Cuz hes not a rapper cuz it sure ain because it smells good. 80% of his fragrance are not worth the hype. This is better!!

gordbrad
gordbrad

i get amber-oriental and vanilla. for a celebrity scent, A+...

glambert
glambert

I was with my brother in a store when I helped him choose this fragrance. When I smelled it I was really surprised at how nice a cologne it really is. It does have some spicy notes in it. When I think of spicy scents I think of ones that have the potential to be overpowering. However, Gold is a great and subtle cologne. It is an especially good choice for younger guys who accidentally apply too much scent out of habit. :)

dmirror
dmirror

As expected gold is a nice smooth fragrance I haven't bought it yet but I will I smelled a sample of this today at carsons and it's nice as another reviewer said it's a year round casual scent it has a little fruity muskiness vibe to it it's a nice manly scent it's definitely worth checking out trust me if you can't find it in a store near you and thinking about blind buying I say go for it you won't be disappointed my girl and her buddies approve that this is a nice scent for a guy I like womens opinions when it comes to fragrances

Salvatore715
Salvatore715

smelled it the other day and sprayed it on... not bad really and it lasts good too.. worth it for a everyday use wear. coming from a guy who has 90 bottles id add it to my collection.

cologneking
cologneking

I must admit, I do like trying celeb fragrances, and with this one fellas, you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

I just got GOLD JAY Z, it is a fruity opening but mixed with an herbal, spiciness which the three together balances nicely.

GOLD JAY Z is very masculine but not overtly so, noticeable, but refined and classy; perfect to wear into the office. GOLD JAY Z sillage, wears close to the skin to moderate, a good balance of refinement and notice ability but won't scare others away.

I feel GOLD JAY Z is a year round scent, and can be worn for ALL OCCASIONS; from office, to date, to dinner or for casual wear on the weekends...it fits in anywhere; and any age group can wear it as well.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ADDING THIS TO YOUR FRAGRANCE WOREDROBE!!!

bsbnsc
bsbnsc

Girl: You smell good… What are you wearing?

Guy: Jay-Z.

Girl: (Walks Away)

prettyswag
prettyswag

This scent s ok...it seems the fragrance has been done before to my nose...smells close to armani code ultimate...mixed with an old hugo boss from 1995.....i wouldnt get this for my hubby...its not a wow...i will let him stick to chanel allure line..lol..

jason s
jason s

the scent is great. but the longevity really sucks. It goes away within 15 minutes.
I wonder if their marketing/sales thoughts were that if you use it up faster you'll buy more?

If I can't even smell it on myself, let alone having someone else smell/notice it, I might as well just spray water.

I think this is nice.
I'm surprised to see the big dislike bar. Could be a "celebrity fragrance" thing. Could be I have crappy taste. Who knows?
Anyways, Jay Z Gold is rather fresh/ozonic on me but with some warm cardamom and myrrh. I don't get a strong vanilla presence, though there is a certain sweetness to this fragrance.
As with a lot of male fragrances it vaguely reminds me of a bunch of other stuff, but it is likable with discernible notes and not just a general "clean laundry", "shower gel" or "man musk" scent.

m1156943
m1156943

Balsamic and vanilla!

CDGfan
CDGfan

Very pedestrian and boring. Poor longevity and in essence a watered down Spicebomb. It will be at your local TJ Maxx within a month.

abraham.roberts
abraham.roberts

Sweet and pleasant, but didn't last long on my wrist and hand at all - about 1 1/2 hours. Also, there's nothing distinctive about it. If you're just looking for a "same-ole same-ole" fragrance that doesn't last long, give this a try.

wow, I'm surprised.

I tested it at Macy's this morning at 10:30 am. 2 sprays on my hand and 2 sprays on my wrist.

It's 11:48 pm now and I can still smell it.

scentualMan
scentualMan

This is now available at Macy's so if you're curious to sample it, check online to see if your local department store is caring it. I just asked the sales representative to open up a box to make a tester and she kindly obliged. Now I don't want to sound too critical but this fragrance is just nice. It's very light with a pleasant smell of fruit and really light wood (teak) and vanilla. It's almost like a body spray - I can't see this lasting more than 3-4hrs. While its nice enough, I was hoping for something with a greater identity or character. This isn't a cologne in my opinion. It's more just a pleasant smell. Maybe others will find it more interesting but I'm underwhelmed. The sales go to a good cause so if you find it enjoyable, as I know some will, then know your money will go to a good place.

Most detectable notes: grapefruit, blueberry, vanilla, cardamom, teak

jaylim87

Like other celebrities' fragrances, it's not great,,but also it's not bad.

OBrienDustin

@sharmap14 It actually is available. My local Dillard's has it for sale and I was able to get 3 samples of this stuff. I know the internet says it's coming out later this month, and I thought Dillard's was putting out this frag before the street date, but a lot of other people are saying they to have seen it at stores around them. But the review i did is not fake. I wore the frag for 3 days testing it out. and i still stand by what i say about this beautiful stuff.

OBrienDustin

I'm not sure why a lot of people are hating on this but I actually really enjoy this fragrance.

I get the smell of lemon at the top and smooth vanilla, some pink pepper and lavender are in the mid. In the dry down it really brings in that smooth vanilla and stays there. The vanilla is a big part of this fragrance.

It had okay projection and it lasted on my skin for about 5 hours. I've gotten 2 complaints in about the first 2 hours of wearing it which it projects a ton but after that it really comes closer to the skin

All and all this is a safe buy, it's not to daring but it is something nice to have.
The bottle is actually nice. I love the cap with its different textures and it is weighted well so it feels good in your hands. I'm also a sucker for white bottles and i enjoy the gold trimming that is in it, hence the name.

Gold by Jay Z 3.20 out of 5 based on 56 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jay Z Gold fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jay Z Gold, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gold by Jay Z. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gold by Jay Z represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.