Designers » I-K » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Keora Jean Couturier for women

Keora Jean Couturier for women
dislike

Keora was launched in 1983. The composition is oriental, rich and sweet with notes of fruits, flowers, musk, amber and vanilla.

Floral Notes Fruity Notes Amber Musk Vanille

Shalimar Eau De Cologne

Keora Fragrance Reviews

seagreen55
seagreen55

What an unexpected and pleasant surprise!! A spicy fragrance I can wear and it not only smells the same on me as it does in the bottle, but it's the exact mix of scents I've been searching for - I will definitely purchase more!!!

SmokinBetty
SmokinBetty

Would love to try this but can't find it in the UK.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

"Keora" and I have been running into each other in several places and countries. I have seen it priced way up and sold as a bargain...yet somehow I was always looking for something else or I could never find a tester. Finally I decided to give it my full attention and test this potion in its pretty bottle (which is made out of thick glass that is quite heavy) with its cute tassel.

At first spray a complex and spicy incense wafts to my nose and I feel transported to the 60s where there is a Peace & Love party in full swing yet all the guests are posh and are wearing silk Kaftans and designer jeans. The spicy indian food is delicious. The smell of hand-rolled incense is lingering in the air and mixes with the expensive and exotic body oils the guests are wearing. "Posh Hippie" is the thought that comes to mind...and I like it!

It's more complex than the listed notes imply. It's smooth and beautiful and I have the urge to wear black silk and emerald velvet and adorn myself with that special necklace that was gifted to me from a loved one who visited Egypt. An intricate elegant design of silver, vibrant lapis lazuli and velvet green malachite....Beautiful and colourful and this is the perfect scent to wear with it.

It's an amber spicy and (smoke free!) incense-ey beauty (and contains lots more notes that are so well blended that I cant really tell them apart) and I can only sigh and enjoy the wonderful result on my wrists.

Keora is for all those people who hoped/expected that Juicy Coutures "Peace Love and Juicy Couture" was an elegant hippie scent. And for all those with a penchant for the mysteries of the East with its colourful Souqs, its intricate jewelry and scented temples, but who don't want to smell like cheap smoky incense. Keora is not linear in it scent evolvement...no, it's a pretty mix of notes that evolve and have always a smooth amber vibe to it.

Cross my palm with silver...and I'll predict that if you like the above mentioned things you'll adore Keora.

Silage is: amber yumminess and spicy beauty - Longevity is: 8+ hours. Enjoy!

Aardwolf
Aardwolf

After reading the reviews I was very curious to smell this scent. I LOVE amber, and like vanilla, and this EdT is a bargain for less than 10 euros in the Netherlands (Kijkshop)!

Surely the list of notes mentioned above is very incomplete, as Joliecat mentioned, because Kéora is mainly spicy. I sprayed on a tiny bit, and got an explosion of scent. My first impression was: nutmeg and cloves. Lots of it. Plus (here I consulted my Indian cookbook and turned to my spice shelf) doses of mace, fennel, cardamom, saffron, cinnamon, ginger, pandanus, kentjur, turmeric. It reminded me of an Indian/hippy EdT I owned when I was a teenager, called Parvati, which was very spicy/patchouli. Kéora is also very, very oriental. The vanilla is not very overt, also I don't detect any typical amber. Musk, yes. After one hour I smelled some smoke, cream and leather, as it became more powdery, reminding me more and more of Rumba. To sum it up: a scorched Asian spice bazar, or an Indian sweet dessert containing lots of spices that got a tad burned. Quite nice! Actually, very nice, but one must be in the right mood for it.

This is a scent for overly confident, assertive dark-haired ladies. And ditto men.

joliecat
joliecat

This review is for the original version of Keora, made in 1983, splash EDT in a glass bottle with carved bird top..........

Keora is deep, dusty, soft spicy, and powdery. Keora fragrance is based on the kewra flower that grows wild in Burma, the Adamans, and in Southern India. The male kewra flower used for perfumes is similar to a rose scent, but has also a fruity, spiced peach smell. This flower is also used to flavor foods in India, such as a rice pudding called Kheer.

Jean Couturier's Keora is powdery, musky, dusty, sweet, but not too sweet. Amber is sweet, but it's wrapped in vanilla and mellow spices. I detect spices such as nutmeg, cassia, cloves, cinnamon, mace and cardamom. All the ingredients are expertly blended, softened by vanilla, musk, and the exotic fragrance of keora flowers.

Keora is very long lasting, 12 hours or more, with projection of about 12 inches to 6 inches after drydown. A truly beautiful, unique fragrance that could be unisex.

According to notes listed here, looks like this current version of Keora may have deleted the spices ? but still retains the softly spicy keora flowers. I must try this current version soon.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I bought my EDT 100 ml bottle together with Sanderling EDP for 18 euro. Bought it blind because at our kijkshop you can't smell what you are buying at least very rarely. And i am happy i did. It's true it's very heavy perfume and lasts ages. I was afraid it will be similar to Obsession or Moschino looking at the notes. But it is not. For me it's just casual oriental smell but even casual it's one of a kind. Initial spray (which gives huge amount of liquid) is very heavy with huge dose of artificial vanilla. But as soon as it settles i get beautiful vanilla with tiny bit of flowers in the background. It's also mega powdery. It's definitely baby powder, reminds me of the one from Johnson & Johnson line. Somehow it gives me right from the shower feeling. I really like it and i don't regret a bit blind getting it. Sillage is enormous.

MissElizabeth
MissElizabeth

It is a very longlasting and heavy perfume. I have a new bottle and it is ready for swapping.
This perfume is too long lasting and too sophisticated for me. Give me a email if you are interested.

Keora by Jean Couturier 4.09 out of 5 based on 24 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Couturier Keora fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Jean Couturier Keora, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Keora by Jean Couturier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Keora by Jean Couturier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.