Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Paris Baroque Jean Couturier for women

Paris Baroque Jean Couturier for women

I have it: 2 I want it: 18

Paris Baroque Jean Couturier for women Pictures Paris Baroque Jean Couturier for women Pictures

The French collection of fragrances Jean Couturier presented their first fragrance for women Paris Baroque as fragrant homage to the unique French style from the 17th and 18th century highlighted with ornaments and luxurious details. The perfume aims at sophisticated, ultra-feminine woman with aesthetic taste and impeccable style.

Paris Baroque has been announced as an oriental-woody-fruity fragrance, very intense, luxurious and chic! It opens with flavors of litchi, currants, black currant, peach and freesia, while accentuating the central notes of neroli, rose, heliotrope and jasmine, along with gentle powdery shades. Base notes of the composition announce warm and oriental shades with a blend of patchouli, cedar, vanilla, amber and musk.

Flacon of the new perfume Paris Baroque is made of glass, it is transparent and embellished with facets inspired by the city of light – Paris. They cut the light and shades of pink color of its fragrant liquid. Pale pink outer carton is decorated with romantic ornaments and Eiffel tower as one of the symbols of Paris. The fragrance can be obtained as 30, 50 and 100ml Eau de Parfum. Paris Baroque was launched in 2014.

Litchi Red Currant Black Currant Peach Freesia

Neroli Rose Heliotrope Jasmine Powdery Notes

Vanilla Patchouli Cedar Amber Musk

Paris Baroque Fragrance Reviews

Oriental floral, really ?
I have no doubt the people at JC are experts at categorizing fragrances, but this smells like chypre fruity to me ; Could be a fruitchouli, too, only with much less patch than usual.
The floral notes are overpowered by the fruit explosion that takes place in the top notes.
I don't care for berries most of the time, but "C'est la vie.... it goes to show you never can tell...", and I liked Paris Baroque at first sniff.
I was sampling fragrances in a perfume store, intent on buying whichever fragrance I would fall for, regardless of the price, because, well, it is Christmas time and this one is going to be a particularly sad one for me. And PB , which happens to be among the cheaper ones, won me over in the end.
Although it is REALLY VERY fruity - without bordering on syrupy, which is very important to me - it is dense and warm, slightly gourmand ( but I don't get any vanilla, I appreciate that too) and therefore qualifies for winter wear, in my humble opinion.
In fact, I would say this is a fragrance that can be enjoyed from autumn through mid spring.I can see myself using this on a not too warm summer evening as well.

I must say that when I read the description given above, I picture a totally different fragrance : I don't find PB classic, let alone baroque... It is modern, sensual, joyful and extroverted ; All this with class and harmony, yes, but definitely not the kind of sillage an Elegante from the 18th century would leave behind her ( not particularly powdery either, at least on me).

I wonder why JC fragrances are so underrated. Not only on Fragrantica, but as a rule, they don't seem to sell very well, which might be the reason why they are so affordable.

Or maybe they are just overlooked ? I would encourage anyone to give them a try. I like them all.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Couturier Paris Baroque fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jean Couturier Paris Baroque, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Paris Baroque by Jean Couturier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Paris Baroque by Jean Couturier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.