Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Celui de Jean Dessès Jean Dessès for women

Celui de Jean Dessès Jean Dessès for women

Celui de Jean Dessès Jean Dessès for women Pictures Celui de Jean Dessès Jean Dessès for women Pictures

Celui de Jean Dessès by Jean Dessès is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Celui de Jean Dessès was launched in 1938. The fragrance features aldehydes, rose, jasmine, gardenia, iris, heliotrope, civet, ambergris and oakmoss.

Aldehydes Rose Jasmine Gardenia iris Heliotrope Civet Ambergris Oakmoss

Celui de Jean Dessès Fragrance Reviews

A long discontinued beaty & sadly almost forgotten now, a gloriously rich chypre with prominent floral heart notes of Hawthorne, Hyacinth, Mai Rose & Egyptian Jasmin. A most elegant parfum, not at all sweet or cloying in fact it seemed quite dry & astringent due to the base consisting of rare woods & bolstered by the finest suede leather oils available to the perfumers palette in the years preceding the Second World War.
It does slightly remind me of Lavin's 'Scandal' without the inclusion of the overtly animalic bases,(ie:Castoreum & Civet) 'Celui' de Jean Desses was way ahead of it's time and I believe the eventual demise of this legendary fragrance occured due to the prohibitive cost of the raw materials required for it's ongoing production, sadly the fate of too many great perfumes in my opinion !
If you have the chance to try this gorgeous leather chypre please do so as you won't be disappointed, this is becoming exceedingly rare these days.
Bon Chance. . .

This was my mom's signature long ago! I'd love to come to it!

Celui de Jean Dessès by Jean Dessès 4.75 out of 5 based on 4 ratings and 2 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean Dessès Celui de Jean Dessès fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jean Dessès Celui de Jean Dessès, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Celui de Jean Dessès by Jean Dessès. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Celui de Jean Dessès by Jean Dessès represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Germaine Monteil Royal Secret Balenciaga Le Dix Perfume Christian Dior Miss Dior Estée Lauder Knowing Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Clinique Aromatics Elixir Lanvin My Sin Caron Narcisse Noir Jean Patou 1000 Pierre Balmain Jolie Madame Thierry Mugler Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel Chanel Bois des Iles Boucheron Boucheron Pierre Balmain Ambre Gris Rochas Femme Rochas Christian Dior Fahrenheit Absolute Chanel Chanel No 19 Eau de Parfum Lanvin Arpege Pierre Balmain Ivoire de Balmain