Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Nuits Indiennes Jean-Louis Scherrer for women

Nuits Indiennes Jean-Louis Scherrer for women
dislike

Nuits Indiennes Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures Nuits Indiennes Jean-Louis Scherrer for women Pictures

Nuits Indiennes by Jean-Louis Scherrer is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Nuits Indiennes was launched in 1994. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Feisthauer. Top notes are aldehydes, mandarin orange, fruity notes, peach, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are lilac, jasmine, heliotrope, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are amber, sandalwood, tonka bean, musk, benzoin, civet, vanilla and cedar.

Aldehydes Mandarin Orange Fruity Notes Peach Bergamot Lemon

Lilac Jasmine Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Amber Sandalwood Tonka Bean Musk Benzoin Civet Vanilla Cedar

Vison Noir

Nuits Indiennes Fragrance Reviews

Eugirlsniffs
Eugirlsniffs

Got a vintage bottle and although I really enjoy its beautiful sweet honey scent it's just a like and not love for me due to very poor longevity. Isn't this supposed to be a long lasting perfume? On me it completely disappears in an hour at the most. Shame:(

Madrona
Madrona

Lovely, soft, silky, vanillic oriental (vintage). Just looking at the five main notes you can tell what this perfume is all about. The rich, golden amber juice color is perfect.

Hildegerd
Hildegerd

Relaunched and still with civet? <3

deda147
deda147

Apparently this one is relaunched? I saw it in the 'New fragrances' section at the Douglas site along with Scherrers's newest release One Love.

Dominic80
Dominic80

Oh, Nuits Indiennes was one of my first buy's, when back in 1993 circa, as a young boy, i started collecting perfumes, and especially many of those that i necessarely wouldn't wear since i am a good looking and masculine male, but i am honest, and i say i cannot help it: at times, I am way more completely fascinated, like almost under a rapture, for intense ladies perfumes such as this one.. I won't wear them, but i love the bottles and i am almost addicted by their juices, perhaps.. let's call it aroma therapy, but anyway.. especially, when such elements as heliotrope or civet, and, ylang ylang, for example, extremely powdery notes or exotic flowers, intense iris, or orris root, again i stress strong powdery, and oriental notes, i'd most likely to give up to that certain fascination, and let myself fall under irresistible spells, that such scents are so capable to evocates and certainly to evocate in and within me, since i find them so divine, and, almost obsolete, they end up turning me into an animalic, bizarre almost young man, a complete slave of such senses evocated by the quite impossible to resist - at least, for me!- elegance, wild nature, and exquisite sensuality of so manyt and diverse beautifully rich olfactory knowledge and provoking experiences. And, Nuits Indiennes, along with Le Must de Cartier, a few years earlier, which was as powdery, and, beautiful, even though so much more subdude to be considered easily unisex, it was exactly one of them. Then, the following year, always as a growing kid, i started to become a huge admirer of Angel of Thierry Mugler, and, then of Anna Sui and of her all carnal and numerous variations, then following any cyphre, and, so L'Heure Bleu and Apres l'Ondees and many more from master Guerlain, then i fell for Chanel's, such as the divine Misia, as well as Chanel 5, Chanel 19, and 19 Poudree, and Chanel 28 La Pausa. And so on... and on! I owe by now something like 8,000 precious, at times, gorgeous bottles of rare, very rare, but, also a few others of more commercial perfumes, however i must say, that "Nuits Indiennes" has always been a must, as many other Jean Louis Scherrer, bewitching with its Oriental, almost spicy first head splash, and, then its decadent, intense powdery combination of a rare extravaganza for me so incisive of lilac's, combined with lots of divine heliotrope, and mixed with beautiful, creamy ylang ylang, then deepened with a dramatic and sensual dry amber, always so well tempered by notes of ripe peaches, luxurious tonka bean, and sugary vanilla.. You make the count: this is one opulent, exquisite fragrance, that begins even slightly subdude, with notes of Mediterrenean lemon, bergamot, fresh mint (for me, at least!),Adehydes, and languidly exotic, ripe fruits, but, that ends up in a deeper, and so much deeper, very powdery dream of refined, old fashioned, profoundly sensual, and, perhaps even sexual, exclusively picked up, and so savvily mixed scents, such as the ones i have mentioned above. Sovereign for me here remains again the divine touch of potent heliotrope,one of the most underrated, but most deeply sensual, and dreamy scents ever created.

Believe it or not, this is the only perfume bottle that I lost. I have no idea where my fb could be.
I had bought it during a trip for a discounted price and I loved it. Then once back home I could not find it anywhere and I didn't forget at my friend's house. Mystery.
I used it very little of that bottle, of course.
I loved the sparkling opening with weird aldheids that later make room for a typical spicy oriental with some powdery touch.
Beautiful, intriguing, elegant yet extravagant.
I think I would like it more now than ever.
I had a chance to smell it many times again, but never bought a new fb. Now it's not sold anymore.
It's a good example of modernity and oriental vibe.
Longlasting with a pleasant sillage. Not overwhelming if not oversprayed.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

The main notes selected by members above go for the drydown. This weird but gorgeous one, starts out full of aldehydes and sweet lovely fruits and flowers. It transforms after a while into a warm bunch of syrupy flowers laying under a layer of high quality powders. It ends in a very sweet animalic-balsamic oriental scent which isn't loud in my skin.

I find it rich, sparkling, bright and exuberant. It has the boldness and strength of the last century's ending decades perfumes but with an incredible rich sweetness that shadows some of the more recent orientals. This is a complex, and not so common blend of ingredients, that evolves beautifully along the first four hours on me. This combination of originality, deliciousness and complexity in evolution isn't new coming from the nose which created this perfume.

Sillage won't be agressive if you apply properly and I can still feel it after seven hours, so for my demanding skin, it is a long lasting perfume.

I love it and I'm really happy I could find a bottle after having tested it for a while. I suggest all very sweet oriental flower lovers to try it before it becomes absolutely imposible to find a bottle. The bottle by the way is beautiful too.

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

Strong and spicy but so classy , bold and deep toned.I had it, enjoyed it, now it's done , hard to find and i have 2 more sprays left until it's gone for ever!Better not use it all up..

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

This is definitely a ladies fragrance. I could not really imagine this on anyone under 40 yo. It is an extremely dry chypre-esque floral/oriental lacking in any real dynamic oriental spiciness to me. I was honestly expecting a bit more power and spices from this one. I will give it another try and update at a later date.

olga1780
olga1780

I have both Nuits de Scherrer and Nuits Indiennes.
These are entirely different fragrances!
Nuits de Scherrer is a light oriental floral, while Nuits Indiennes is very rich and complex,animalistic oriental with mega sillage (and I am talking about EDT version).

Chitra
Chitra

It was a small bottle which comes as a sample and i have been holding on to it for say 20 years. Dared to use it recently..Wow,its amazing,nothing like the once you get now a days. no reformulation just pure aroma of the tropics. i guess it is more precious to me than any jewel. I find myself transported to the beaches of hawai with the mellow sunshine of the dusk...very charming.WONDERFUL

reborn
reborn

After three years searching for it i finally got it in edt version and i cant say i am so charmed .It is nice definatelly but nothing extraordinary as i expected.I expected something pore spicey (like indian spices in it),something more potent.It is too sweet,very very sweet,but not like candy celebrities scents,in a more light and sophisticated way.Little smokey, balmy,little civet trown in it and lots of sweets.Too bad it doesnt lasts more then an hour on me.Maybe the edt version is not so lasting.Overall it is nice sweet oriental,but not worth waiting and serching so much for it as i did.
But i LOVE buying blind and thats it!:-))))
P.SVery lovely retro bottle

chokovany
chokovany

I had this discontinued and awasome perfume aforetime.
Warrm, spicy, soft, long lasting...
Very hard to find in France now...

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

The bottle of this is so very pretty, I used to have this in EDP form. I thought I was going to love this one, because the bottle was gorgeous, but, I didn't.

This scent was inspired by the 1908 painting 'The Kiss'. It was described as a floral oriental. I found it lacking in the oriental base- and with little depth. On me it had no tenacity & the spices didn't come alive. Powdery drydown with lily of the valley & rose & heliotrope.

This is a little reminiscent of Byzance and L'Heure Bleue mixed together, but not near as long lasting as either one. When this drys down it stays close to the skin with no sillage on me.

I wouldn't repurchase it, but the flacon is gorgeous.

Holy Moly!
Finally i have a chance to test a pure parfum version of this fragrance as well. Now i have EDT, EDP and pure parfum. And guess what? They are all different. Very different. I have experienced it also with Scherrer 2 fragrance, that EDT and EDP are not alike, but have quite drastic difference and it seems to be with this one as well. You can read below about my experience with EDT and EDP, but today my praises go for the Parfum concentration.
This is magical stuff! When i opened the box i already could smell the amazing alluring scent. It is strong. It is spicy. It is bold. It is very classy.
Very sharp in the opening, i was even scared that there is not a real perfume inside but just a coloured spirit. So when i have aplied it i was sceptical for a while. Well, after the über-sharpness has gone off in about 15 minutes, that´s when it opens up. Spices and fruits. This one is really strong on a civet, i can feel it, and that´t what i like about it. There is nothing liek the real civet, you can´t not notice it. A LOT of sandalwood. Surprisingly i don´t see any spices amongst the notes, but i swear they are totally present and one of the nicest spices ever. At first they are really strong, but then they are softned by ylang-ylang and heliotrope. Just a hint of heliotrope and that´s good, since it doesn´t become so intoxicating. Though fruits are prominent here they don´t make this fragrance fruity at all. This is oriental in full it´s beauty.
Fragrance full of luxury and super elegant. Definitly for special occasions and is best worn during colder time of the year IMO. But this is Pure perfume. EDP is more creamy and somehow i smell nutmeg there, or at least get the association of it. The EDT is my least favorite, it doesn´t come close to EDP, not to mention the parfum. It has only the sharpness of parfum, but spices here are not pleasant. It is very synthetic.

passionata20

I must admit, that my nose must be making some tricks to me (so strange, since i don´t smoke). Lately i have tried once again the EDT version of "Nuits indiennes" and i must admit that while it is still very close to the regular "Nuits de Scherrer", they are still not complelty the same, especailly after opening notes. While being a bit too harsh after applying it, the "Indiennes" version has more of that "milky hazelnut" feeling to me. I guess it is the tonka bean, which in EDT version of this fragrance is not that dominant like in EDP version. In EDP this one is actually more prominent, especially on the drydown, but in EDT i can smell a lot of musk, jasmine and also some bergamot (all combined together which give me an aplle vinegar feeling at the beginning). No rose to my nose in this fragrance, o heliotrope that my nose can detect, BUT a lot of sandalwood and cedar!!! Still the mandarine orange note at the beginning distracts me a bit, i would really prefer it not to be in the composition, since it distracts this beautiful scent a lot in the opening.
To me "Indiennes" developes more than regular "Nuits" and i still must confess that i love it much more. Especially in EDP version of it.

passionata20

Well, i am a bit confused now. My first rendez-vous with this fragrance started with the mini in EDP concentration and i really liked it. So i bought myself the 50ml bottle but in EDT concentration AND it smells absolutly the same as the regular "Nuits Scherrer"!!!! I have 50ml of regular "Nuits" also in EDT concentration and don´t like it (see my review for it), so i was really dissapointed when i realized that they are completly the same fragrances (at least for my nose). But then i have found a big bottle of EDP concentration and it has everything what i liked it for. The woody factor with spices. The EDT concentration lacks the woody note that makes me go crazy.
So now i am totally confused, could it be that "Nuits" and "Nuits Indiennes" are indeed same fragrances only renamed? I haven´t smelled the EDP version of regular "Nuits" and afraid to purchase it since i might not like it and it will be a waste of money.......
Can anyone help with this quest? Does anyone have regular "Nuits" and "Nuits Indiennes" both in EDT and EDP versions so can compare them all? A help is definitly needed! SOS!!

Yamba1
Yamba1

I have had Nuits Indiennes in my collection for some months and is one now that I would definitely replace once finished.
This is a complex, multi layered rich oriental that twists and turns on the skin, delightful at every stage. The base really takes the drivers seat here with civet at the steering wheel. The flowers and spices swirl in and around the civet until you reach your destination of vanilla heaven.

Do whatever it takes to find this discontinued treasure.

passionata20

This is very oriental fragrance and i smell a lot of spices and wood in it. First impression (sniff from the bottle): I do not like it, it is too deep and heavy for me, but then after application and few minutes later it all settles down and you feel a spicy note dominating with some wood note. It becomes very pleasant and intriguing. The drydown is more in opposite is more wood than spice.
I wold say if you wear that fragrance, then wear velvet clothes, they will fit together perfectly! A lot of gold (!)jewerly and heavy make-up with glamourous hair-do is a perfect accessory for this fragrance. Somehow i see a picture of woman from 1920-s wearing that fragrance. I do not think in any way that it is old fragrance, this is a rich fragrnace!!!
The picture above advertising this fragrance is perfect for this one!

And this one smells nothing like "nuits de scherrer". This is not a renamed version of "Nuits", but completly different scent!!!! Do not get cheated by some sellers who say that!!!

Update: as it dry downs, it reminds me of an very pleasnat sweet men´s parfum. I wouldn´t mind if my man would spray it on a little and i could sniff him, this scent drives me crazy!!!

LaPetite
LaPetite

This scent is soooooo yummy , exotic and sexy . It instantly makes you feel like an Indian Princess walking through the gardens of her palace at nigh.
Truly a dream scent with plenty of flowers warmen by burning amber. needless to specify that i love it

Elfies
Elfies

Gorgeous, warm and subtile. It stays on the skin forever and tranforms into something so very cozy.

It reminds me in some way of Rochas, but much more oriental and spicy.

mymlan
mymlan

Beautiful floriental edp. The top has amazing notes of mandarine, peach, spices and thick sweet vanilla. It's almost edible but in a good way.

Then the flowers joins the composition with their light breeze from the garden, moving transparent curtains in front of the open door that leads to the porch. A bouquet of lilac on the dressing table and a beautiful woman having an afternoon rest on her bed.

It's a hot day and the evening will become even warmer. The house will warm up and you can smell the different wood in it. You can smell the flowers and even the woman resting on her bed.

Tarya
Tarya

Deep and sensual oriental floral masterpiece. Soft and powdery with ylang ylang and jasmine notes. Luxurious. For a special occasions and big nights.
Sister for gorgeous Shalimar and L'Heure Bleue. And I guess cousin for Versace's Blonde as it is the same nose, Nathalie Feisthauer, behind this one too.

guest_cleopatras_boudoir
guest_cleopatras_boudoir

I have this rare discontinued perfume if anyone is still looking for it, it smells absolutely divine, I liked the analogy "Shalimar to the 9th power" !!

CaraMia
CaraMia

I have not seen this one in years!

There may be a remake out there, but it is probably not a patch on the original oriental scent. It was a sensuous blend with a subtle civet in the base that raised it above the more modern orientals.

Like other Scherrer scents, Nuits Indiennes was potent and intoxicating, Shalimar to the nth power, but JL always seems to add just a bit of sparkle at the end and in this case it is the cedar.

The heart notes provide a lovely floral and the lilac note is pretty not bitter.

I miss this one and should have stocked up...but then I say this about so many lost miracles of perfumery.

purple_pixie
purple_pixie

It's very similar to Krazy Krizia.I like both but this one-less.It's just that the combination of aldehydes and rose is too much for me-I got headache.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits Indiennes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits Indiennes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nuits Indiennes by Jean-Louis Scherrer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nuits Indiennes by Jean-Louis Scherrer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.